NATION

PASSWORD

Dieu et mon Droit [OOC/Invite Only]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Dieu et mon Droit [OOC/Invite Only]

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 am

Dieu et mon Droit

It has been six million years since Maerios, God of the Earth, forged - from nothing - the mortal world of Acheron. Since then, other Gods have made their mark on the - at first - lifeless planet. Khasku, Goddess of the Sea, coaxed the world in a layer of ocean, allowing the Gods of Life and Nature used their combined force to end the reign of death and bring life to the desolate rock. They were followed by Celestius, God of Knowledge, who took it upon himself to alter the life forms created by the two other Gods to create a race of intelligent beings. The other Gods, too, soon followed the lead of Celestius and used their own skills, in some cases knowledge stolen from Celestius' Library, to create their own followers. Nations formed, and now they look up to the Gods once more for guidance.

Premise:

Each player controls a God or Goddess along with a Species which followers said God. Each God has, or is depending on how you look at it, a Portfolio. This portfolio is basically the personality and aspect of said God. For example, the portfolio of Celestius is one of Wisdom, Knowledge, Discovery and Free Will. This not only makes Celestius a wise, knowledgeable and free-willed personality, but also makes him able to create and influence said things in the real world. This also means that the species which follow him share his thirst for Knowledge etc. Each God also has an Anti-God, the manifestation of the complete opposite of the God. These two Gods, while enemies in many ways, usually work in close quarters.

Rules:

You should all know the forum rules. Well, yeah, this is them.

Pantheon of the OP:

OP - Caltarania
Co Op - G-Tech Corporation
Co Op - Liecthenbourg

Application:

Code: Select all
[b]God Name/Aliases:[/b]
[b]Portfolio:[/b]
[b]Symbolism:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Anti-God:[/b]

[b]Species Name:[/b]
[b]Strength:[/b]
[b]Intelligence:[/b]
[b]Life Span:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Magical Capability:[/b]
[b]Weapon Capability:[/b]
[b]Optimum Terra:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
Last edited by Caltarania on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Pantheon of the Gods

Last edited by Caltarania on Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:26 am, edited 19 times in total.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

God Name/Aliases: Celestius; the God of Knowledge, Scholar of the Gods, Protector of the Free
Portfolio: Knowledge, Wisdom, Free Will, Liberty, Discovery. Celestius is by far the 'smartest' of the Gods, though by mortal standards every God is smart. He takes pity on those with less Knowledge, and therefore can also sometimes be attributed the aspect of Learning, however this is disputed.
Symbolism: The Symbol of Celestius is a light blue diamond with a gold sphere behind it. It is usually implanted on a tome.
Appearance: Celestius has many forms. His humanoid form is what he uses to speak to his followers, and how he is mostly depicted. He is also sometimes depicted as an eagle or as an Elf.
Anti-God: TBD

Species Name: The Elves
Strength: While strength varies from elf to elf, most form a slender and upright posture. They are elegant in their movement, and are not known for their strength. They are, instead, agile and crafty capable of using their knowledge in place of their strength.
Intelligence: The Elves are incredibly intelligent. Even the least smart elves usually have an incredibly smart mind by human standards. They are capable of using this intelligence to build, as they have in the past, vast cities in a matter of weeks, when in cooperation with other species skilled in buildcraft of course. They have access to the knowledge of Celestius, and he sometimes visits with new knowledge for the Elves to memorize. They almost always have an IQ of 170 or above
Life Span: Elves have the capability of living up to seven hundred years, by some accounts. Most, though, have an average life span of around one hundred and fifty years.
Appearance: They have en longed ears with pinnae which taper to a point at the top. They are humanoid, with slender bodies and - by human standards - long limbs. They are also usually blonde, with long hair - sometimes braided. They rarely have facial or bodily hair.
Magical Capability: Elves are, due to their vast stores of knowledge, capable of utilizing magic to perfection, in many cases. They are famed for their knowledgeable warlocks.
Weapon Capability: Elves are elegant in their warfare. Where the Dwarves use Axe and Crossbow, weapons of brute, the Elves use Spear and Longbow. Elves are notable for their incredible affinity with bows along with their utilization of elegant weapons such as the spear, dagger and short sword. Most duels between elves look, to outsiders, more like complicated dances than actual battles.
Optimum Terra: Elves are relatively adaptable, however their homeland is fertile forest with limited grassland.
Last edited by Caltarania on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 am

For the record, the Goddess of Love is a he.
God Name/Aliases: Clíodhno | Goddess of Love | Clío
Portfolio: Love, Charm, Romance, Beauty
Symbolism:

Appearance: This but with shorter hair.
Anti-God: Tyr

Species Name: The Guardians of Love (Also known as Angels)
Strength: They are quite strong and have the ability to fly.
Intelligence: Like the Goddess of Love, the Guardians take after his charm. They can also easily be charmed by the Goddess of Love, but just about anyone can. They have the ability to charm almost every mortal.
Life Span: The Guardians can live up to three hundred years. When one dies, the Goddess of Love simply creates a new one from the clouds of the Kingdom of Love.
Appearance: Tall, muscular angels with large, sparkly white wings.
Magical Capability: They can fly and have "super" strength.
Weapon Capability: The Guardians are also able to use large sabers or bows in combat, along with their fists that are almost more deadly than the other two combined.
Optimum Terra: The home terrain of the Kingdom of Love (Rìoghachd Dìlseachd) aka Ireland's terrain.
Last edited by The Kingdom of Glitter on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 am

Is symbolism for the followers?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:55 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Is symbolism for the followers?

Sort of.

Yes, but it can also mean the symbolism for the God itself.

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:56 am

God Name/Aliases: Khasku, Goddess of the Seven Seas, Mistress of the Oceans, Shepherd of the waves, Conjurer of Storms, Protector of Sailors and Seamen, Goddess of Ports and Trade, the Purifier, the Whirlpool, the Unknown.
Portfolio: Sea, horses, water, undersea life, etc
Symbolism: The amphora, the crashing wave, the spear and net, and sapphires.
Appearance: She looks like this normally, but appears to her followers like this.
Anti-God: Syeli, goddess of the heavens.

Species Name: Humanity.
Strength: Average
Intelligence: Average
Life Span: 60-70 years
Appearance: ...human
Magical Capability: Occasional, reserved solely for priests and blessed ones.
Weapon Capability: Anything from their hands to siege weapons.
Optimum Terra: In Khasku's case, seas, living on vast fleets that roam the oceans of the world, moving from port to port under the watchful eye of the goddess.
Location: Nowhere, anywhere. They're nomads, but will almost always be found on the seas or in port cities.
Last edited by Mishmahig on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:57 am

Might do a God of the Heavens (Sun, Moon, Stars etc).
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:58 am

Lunas Legion wrote:Might do a God of the Heavens (Sun, Moon, Stars etc).

I feel like the Sun and Moon would be two opposing Gods, though.

I mean feel free, but it would be harder to find an Anti-God.
Last edited by Caltarania on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Is it okay if I use a Celticy name for my goddess or?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Is it okay if I use a Celticy name for my goddess or?

Yeah sure.

Mine is Latin IIRC, so :P

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:04 pm

God Name/Aliases: Maerios | The Forge-Father | Lord of the Earth
Portfolio: Earth | Artisanship | Industy | (Order)
Symbolism: The sign of Maerios is a hammer placed over a star, signifying the creative mind and the labor of craft.
Appearance: Most commonly the Forge-Father manifests as an enormous man of strong arms and stocky form, his beard as red as flame and his eyes the brown of wet earth; he wears an enormous dark apron, and is clad in armor beneath it of the finest workmanship.
Anti-God: TBD

Species Name: The Dwarves.
Strength: A hardy race, built by Maerios to endure the travails of the world without complaint or perishing, they are fierce in battle and known for their stalwart natures. Stronger than man, and in possession of the endurance of stone itself.
Intelligence: Clever beings indeed, as a general rule, the Dwarves delight in machines and works of craft, of which they are highly skilled as their father was. Some are less than brilliant, as natural variation will tell, but they too find a home in the Dwarrowdelf bearing arms and wielding pickaxes.
Life Span: Most dwarves live on average several hundred years, but eventually their time upon the mortal coil runs down, and they return to the stone of which Maerios first forged them.
Appearance: Short, about five feet tall as a general rule, they are broader than most beings, and intensely muscular. Most prefer to wear long beards in elaborate patterns, and enjoy personal ornamentation with crafted goods. Their skin is swarthy, their eyes a dark brown, and their hair ranges from a brilliant red to even a light flax.
Magical Capability: The Dwarves are not inherently magical beings, but in their bones is the light of creation of their father; in stone and metal can they channel this power, via runes and engravings, and through these means they are some of the most enduring enchanters and spell-wrights upon the face of the world. Spells of ruin, enchantments of concealment and endurance, all these are their delight in craft. In their persons, however, the Dwarves are hardy, and highly resistant to external magic.
Weapon Capability: Master forgers and weaponsmiths, the Dwarves fight with sword and crossbow, in suits of the finest steel and mithril; machines of war and siege too are in their arsenal, clever devices to lay low their foes. Some experiment with more exotic contraptions, such as golems of stone and iron, and mighty mechanisms to roam the skies powered by water and blazing anthracite, but such inventors are rare indeed.
Optimum Terra: Deep in the mountain vales do the Dwarves make their homes, amidst the peaks and crags; their food is brought or bought from the surface, though they are skilled in terrace farming when needed. Most of their cities and holds are based far beneath the earth indeed, at the roots of the mountains.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:11 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:God Name/Aliases: Maerios | The Forge-Father | Lord of the Earth

Accepted!

By the way, I need two Co-Ops and a Mapmaker.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 pm

God Name/Aliases: Valantar, the Lich King, the Jailor of the Damned, Lord of the Scourge, Prince of Darkness, Lord of Terror, Master of Chaos, Overlord of Destruction, Betrayer of the Light, the Great Corrupter, the Dark Lord, the Necromancer, Enslaver of Mortals, the Deceiver, Crasher of Weddings, and King of the Burning Legion!
Portfolio: Death, Destruction, and Darkness
Symbolism:

Appearances: God of Death, The Lich King, Prince of Darkness
Anti-God: God of Order

Species Name: The Undead Scourge
Strength: The strength of the Scourge varies. Lower tier scourge are more expendable and rely on numbers. Higher tier scourge are stronger and far more capable. Ghouls, Skeletons, Wights, Risen, and Geists are the weaker members of the Scourge. They rely on numbers and swarm their enemies. Stronger undead include Crypt fiends, Bone Golems, Gargoyles, and Liches. They have more intelligence than their weaker brothers, and provide support for the main legions of the Scourge. The Strongest tier of undead is made up of Abominations, Death Knights, Flesh Giants, Vrykul, Val'kyr, Darkfallen, Liches, and Revenants.
Intelligence: The intelligence of the Scourge Hordes is mainly reliant on their leaders. The lower tiers of undead must be commanded carefully, for they lack the intelligence of their higher brothers. They are excellent at swarming their enemies, but are in no way intuitive. Meanwhile the second tier of undead have far more intelligence, yet still lack the strategic and creative of the commanders of the Scourge. The highest tier of undead is mixed. Abominations and Flesh Giants, while very strong, aren't very cunning. They need just as much guidance as their ghoulish brothers. Meanwhile Death Knights, Vrykul, Val'kyr, Darkfallen, Liches, and Revenants are the most intelligent of the undead. They are normally officers and commanders, guiding the undead armies and leading legions of dead into battle.
Life Span: The Undead may live forever by natural means, but can and most likely will be killed in battle. Once an undead creature has been slain, he cannot be resurrected.
Appearance: Varies heavily.
Magical Capability: Val'kyr have the most magical capability, raising swarms of undead with one hand and casting bolts of shadow in the other. They form the core of the Cult of the Damned, guiding Human Necromancers and other undead mages in the schools of Death, Destruction, and Necromancy. Liches and Revenants possess a strong magical will, using their powers to support the Undead armies. They are skilled in the schools of Death and Destruction. Death Knights and Darkfallen, while being warriors, have some skills in the arts of Magic. Using their dark powers to aid them in battle, they can use runes, healing wards, and blood magic. No other undead have magical capabilities.
Weapon Capability: The Scourge use a variety of weapons and have a vast arsenal at their command. Lower tiers of undead use maces, swords, shields, spears, crossbows, and bows, pikes, halberds, and other weapons. Normally rusty or old, the Lower Undead scavenge for their weapons, prying them from the hands of their dead enemies. Most weapons are very basic, however the Higher tiers of undead use enchanted weapons made from Saronite. The Scourge hordes also use siege equipment and can make a variety of tools, machines, and weapons.
Optimum Terra: The Undead are not affected by weather. They can fight everywhere and anywhere.
Last edited by Valentir on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:13 pm

Caltarania wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:God Name/Aliases: Maerios | The Forge-Father | Lord of the Earth

Accepted!

I can rattle about as a Co-OP, if necessary, though I'll be out of the country in ~2 weeks.

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:16 pm

Any ideas on what my creatures should be?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
Accepted!

I can rattle about as a Co-OP, if necessary, though I'll be out of the country in ~2 weeks.

Kay den.

Valentir wrote:Anti-God: Life, Love, Nature, Order, and Free Will

You need to change that to an actual God.

At the moment that is like four xD

Looks good so far, though.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Valentir wrote:Any ideas on what my creatures should be?

Orcs?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Now what to call my angel things.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:19 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Now what to call my angel things.

Angels. :P

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Caltarania wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Now what to call my angel things.

Angels. :P

I am thinking that will be their nick name. Their problem name could be like the Guardians of Love.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Caltarania wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Might do a God of the Heavens (Sun, Moon, Stars etc).

Anti-God would be God of the Earth/Ground etc.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Caltarania wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Kay den.

Valentir wrote:Anti-God: Life, Love, Nature, Order, and Free Will

Oh, oops. Will do.

Caltarania wrote:
Valentir wrote:Any ideas on what my creatures should be?

Orcs?

Nah, too common. I was thinking undead, but I'm not entirely sure.

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

Anti-God would be God of the Earth/Ground etc.

Mhm kay.

Valentir wrote:
Caltarania wrote:
Kay den.

Oh, oops. Will do.

Caltarania wrote:
Orcs?

Nah, too common. I was thinking undead, but I'm not entirely sure.

-shrug-

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm

My app is mostly done.

I need to find an anti-god, though.

Next

Advertisement