NATION

PASSWORD

Merger between IFA and WC (OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:56 pm

This thread is dedicated to the possible merger between the IFA (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=268519) and the WC (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=262602).

In this thread, we shall discuss the following points:

• Prospects of such a merger (popular support)
  • What type of leadership structure the unified alliance would have (e.g. status of the two founders)
  • Name/logo of the new alliance
  • Clarify the Principles and Goals of the New alliance
  • Clarify the "reach" of the new alliance (it would purely be defense alliance or some political influence/regulations are possible)
  • Any other lingering questions before the final merger treaty is submitted to the respective Councils of the two alliances

This thread is only for IFA and WC members.
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

The New Lowlands
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Lowlands » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Being a part of both, I suppose this'll make my admin easier. :p

Elemental North
Senator

Founded: Aug 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Interior Minister of the I.F.A Catherine Ashford walked into the grand ballroom set up for the governors of the respective alliances. Western Coalition on one side, International Freedom Alliance on the other. At the head of the long oak table sat four wing backed chairs. Two for the alliance respective founders and two for their second in commands. Ashford took her place at the head of the table next to the spot marked for President Albanov of the I.F.A. As she sat down her numerous folder, filled with briefs, and reports, and budgets-she also being the interim treasurer for the I.F.A-she sighed.

"This should be interesting..."

As she got settled, she looked around the ballroom, the Chrystal chandeliers the beauty that was the entirety of that room, the power of it.

She waited for her fellow delegates to arrive.
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Seward, upon seeing the arrangements pulled a chair to the table. It squealed loudly and several heads turned. He placed the chair next to ashford and sat down in it with a sigh, smiling briefly at the interior minister by way of greeting.
I used to run an alliance, and a region. Not that it matters now.
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.
Zoboyizakoplayoklot wrote:Val: NS's resident mindless zombie
Planita wrote:you just set the OP on fire

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Valaran wrote:Seward, upon seeing the arrangements pulled a chair to the table. It squealed loudly and several heads turned. He placed the chair next to ashford and sat down in it with a sigh, smiling briefly at the interior minister by way of greeting.

Hearing the screech of the Foreign Minister's chair Ashford smiled. She nodded in his direction.

"Good afternoon Foreign Minister."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Vanitan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone Felix said and then quietly took his seat next to Seward papers in hand as usual

Elemental North
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elemental North » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Vanitan wrote:Good Afternoon Everyone Felix said and then quietly took his seat next to Seward papers in hand as usual

Ashford looked through her own papers. Without looking up from them she held her hand out to Deputy Foreign Minister Felix.

"Are there any reports I should see Felix?" She then looked up and smiled at him. "Where are the founders? We should really get this going."
NO. 1 TITTY INSPECTOR

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Elemental North wrote:
Vanitan wrote:Good Afternoon Everyone Felix said and then quietly took his seat next to Seward papers in hand as usual

Ashford looked through her own papers. Without looking up from them she held her hand out to Deputy Foreign Minister Felix.

"Are there any reports I should see Felix?" She then looked up and smiled at him. "Where are the founders? We should really get this going."

Just an overview of what we're doing today in a tad more detail Felix shook her hand and then handed all of the delegates a packet
I'm honestly not sure where they are but this meeting was a tad spontaneous.

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Elemental North wrote:

"Good afternoon, and I believe they should arrive shortly, along with my own nation's own leaders. To be honest, i'm just keeping the seat available for Prime minister Alstan."

He turned to Felix

"A pleasure to see you again majesty. I trust all is well?"
Archeuland and Baughistan wrote:"I don't always nice, but when I do, I build it up." Valaran
Valaran wrote:To be fair though.... I was judging on coolness factor, the most important criteria in any war.

Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 pm

A limousine pulled up to the curbside. As it slowed to a halt, the Luepolan flags on the antennae stopped flapping. The chauffeur opened the door, and out stepped the President Graisa Alinaxa, vice president Eras Rodrígez, and IFA Delegate Alina Novaxna. Immediately, a quartet of bodyguards assumed their positions forward and aft of the three. As they approached the entrance, they were greeted by Bratislavian police officers and admitted inside.

"Boánol ruma." Eras remarked to himself.

The three were led to the main room, where they assumed their seats at the table. Their papers had been pre-placed by their various aides. Alina immediately began to read over the documents, while Graisa took a sip of her cola drink.
Last edited by Luepola on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

Giliberafta
Minister

Founded: Apr 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:00 pm

A small helicopter came into sight and Deputy Minister Franklin Ortiz was seen sleeping on the helicopter. Ortiz woke up after landing and sleeply cruse his way inside and pulled a chair out and just sat there.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Valaran wrote:
Elemental North wrote:

"Good afternoon, and I believe they should arrive shortly, along with my own nation's own leaders. To be honest, i'm just keeping the seat available for Prime minister Alstan."

He turned to Felix

"A pleasure to see you again majesty. I trust all is well?"

Yes Sir all is well Felix then took out a sketch book and started coming up with ideas for the new logo

Luepola
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luepola » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:16 pm

Giliberafta wrote:A small helicopter came into sight and Deputy Minister Franklin Ortiz was seen sleeping on the helicopter. Ortiz woke up after landing and sleeply cruse his way inside and pulled a chair out and just sat there.

Graisa decided to greet the Deputy Minister. "Baleguo, Minister Ortiz." She said, with a noticeable Luepolan accent. Upon seeing the bags under Ortiz's eyes, she asked, "Was it a long ride?"
The 'e' is silent.
Riding the Trump Train to the White House

Pro: Absolute Freedom of Speech
i am a trigendered female trans-arab jedi knight please use incorrect pronouns

Anti: Political Correctness, Abuses of Power

Enough is enough.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:28 pm

A black car flanked by two motorcycles stopped outside. Eben Davies, the Carlossian representative to the IFA and its minister of defence, and Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin stepped out and made their way to the door. They both waved to the media gathered outside.

Within a minute they had entered the ballroom. Carl glanced at Ashford and then turned to Eben. "I'll be in the galleries." he said, the annoyance in his voice was clear.

Eben walked towards Seward with an outstretched hand and smiled. "Seward, good to see you."
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:29 pm

-snip-
Last edited by New Carloso on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Giliberafta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:31 pm

Luepola wrote:
Giliberafta wrote:A small helicopter came into sight and Deputy Minister Franklin Ortiz was seen sleeping on the helicopter. Ortiz woke up after landing and sleeply cruse his way inside and pulled a chair out and just sat there.

Graisa decided to greet the Deputy Minister. "Baleguo, Minister Ortiz." She said, with a noticeable Luepolan accent. Upon seeing the bags under Ortiz's eyes, she asked, "Was it a long ride?"

It took Ortiz a minute to realize someone was talking to him. "What? Oh no, I was just doing a lot of paperwork last night. Thank you for your concern however. So what will be our first order of bussiness?''

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

New Carloso wrote:A black car flanked by two motorcycles stopped outside. Eben Davies, the Carlossian representative to the IFA and its minister of defence, and Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin stepped out and made their way to the door. They both waved to the media gathered outside.

Within a minute they had entered the ballroom. Carl glanced at Ashford and then turned to Eben. "I'll be in the galleries." he said, the annoyance in his voice was clear.

Eben walked towards Seward with an outstretched hand and smiled. "Seward, good to see you."

Good afternoon Mr. Tobin Felix said smiling then went back to his drawing

Bratislav
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bratislav » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:14 pm

The Foreign Minister of Bratislav, Sokol Bergorev, welcomed everyone to the important event. As he took his seat in the IFA conference room.

"This is one of the most important moments in the history of our two alliances. With this merger we will create one of the strongest and most capable defense alliances out there. I think all WC and IFA members will want this as everyone here stands to gain. What we must firstly affirm is the structure that such a joint alliance will take and affirm the philosophy of our two alliances."

"First thing first is our philosophy. It was not long ago when both our alliances adopted this important resolution: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299412&p=20528316#p20528316

In essence, we have affirmed that both our alliances stand as moderate alliances which stress the principles of democracy and freedom. This is at the core of our alliances - the protection of democratic countries that affirm the freedom in our societies and reject extremism, fascism, communism, and authoritarianism. This same core would serve as the core of this new, merged alliance."
ATLAS REGION(The Best Region): viewtopic.php?f=23&t=265127
Country Info: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Bratislav

Rentalla
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rentalla » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:25 pm

The Rentallan delegation was made up of their representatives to both the IFA and WC, Andros Revesen and Emma Kitali. The two were bitter political rivals, and both wanted a different outcome from this meeting. They had entered the conference room shortly before the meeting began. Both stayed quiet as The Foreign Minister of Bratislav spoke.
Secretary of Admissions for the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Minister Of Diplomacy for SACTO
Pan-Celtic Alliance Observer

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness as weakness.

Liberated Counties
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberated Counties » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:55 pm

The doors to the conference room swung open as Martin Jones and Lawrence Prentice entered the room. Both men were the delegates to each alliance, and since the Liberated Counties actively participated in the two alliances, both men came here with the intention to support the merger. Without any time to spare, they took their seats and unpacked their briefcases, ready to pitch in. They hoped the merger would leave both alliances unchanged since their allies were invaluable military and economic partners.
I am a Liberal Capitalist living in the UK.

IIwiki Page | NStracker Page | Factbook

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Valaran
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Valaran » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:33 pm

New Carloso wrote:A black car flanked by two motorcycles stopped outside. Eben Davies, the Carlossian representative to the IFA and its minister of defence, and Supreme Chancellor Carl Tobin stepped out and made their way to the door. They both waved to the media gathered outside.

Seward shook Eben's hand
"Likewise, It is also good to see you here. I hope matters will be not be too awkward" he replied, making a reference to recent 'misunderstandings'.

Meanwhile the governmental delegation had arrived, with Prime minister James Alstan taking his time to answer the numerous questions of the press outside. He was beaming from the recent economic recovery and military successes of the Empire, and did not waste a chance to proclaim these facts at the historic occasion.
Last edited by Valaran on Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Globus
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globus » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Donald E. Gano, representative to the IFA for Globus, was attending the meeting regarding the merger between IFA and WC. He had a few points on his mind, but mainly attended to report back to the Secretary of State regarding what will come with the two alliances. At his seat he pull out a notebook and a pen from his briefcase, then put the briefcase on the floor next to his seat. Some pages of the notebook were filled with paragraphs and some scribblings on the side, while some pages were blank for further note taking. He waited for the meeting to get underway.

Muzztopia
Minister

Founded: Oct 17, 2012
Libertarian Police State

Postby Muzztopia » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Three representatives arrived to the meeting on behalf of Muzztopia, the Emperors younger siblings Prince James and Princess Sarah and a recent graduate from Muzztopias Military academy and the youngest daughter of a famous Military family from the Nihon Province General Yuki Kirishima. They all walked in and sat down next to each other. Prince James and General Kirishima both brought notepads and pens to take notes on the meeting. Princess Sarah Brought a laptop that will allow her to take notes and give her direct links to her older brother (Emperor Richard IV) and the other members of the foreign Ministry as well as the prime minister, Defense Minister, and Head of the Security Council.

((OOC: The Security Council is a group of Elected officials from each Province that works along side the defense ministry. ))
Last edited by Muzztopia on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vanitan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vanitan » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:25 pm

It's actually not that bad thank god both of our colors are blue Felix though smiling to himself he then tapped Seward on the shoulder and handed him the drawing
"How's this for our new flag?"

Giliberafta
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Giliberafta » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Vanitan wrote:(Image)
It's actually not that bad thank god both of our colors are blue Felix though smiling to himself he then tapped Seward on the shoulder and handed him the drawing
"How's this for our new flag?"

The brught colors of the flag fully woke up Ortiz. "Why Felix, that is a great flag! You just basically merged the flags into two. Im loving it!"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates