NATION

PASSWORD

2016: A World Divided (Open, IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 am

2016 - A World Divided
UN
OOC

OP: ME
Co-OPs: The United Kingdom of Marsisian
Welcome to the 2016: A World Divided Nation RP sign-up page! Please read the rules and regulations below!

The 2016 RP: The World Divided

The year is 2016 and the world seems to only be getting worse as Ukraine continues to suffer from a civil war after Russia annexed the Crimea peninsula and Asia continues to boil down over border tensions while next to them the middle east is on the verge of a new regional war as oil becomes scarce and now it is up to you and your nation to try and not only better yourself but stop are world from entering into a new world war.

Below is the official map of this RP. It shows major powers (with or without players) and nations belonging to players. This map will be updated as often as possible.

Map: http: http://i.imgur.com/NN7C9He.png

Here's a list of the nations and their players. This is not a list of the only countries allowed to be played.

Accepted
The united states of America - ZATAK
The Federal Republic Of Germany - Marsisian
Pakistan - Mifan
The Peoples Republic Of China - Mailam
República Federativa do Brasil - roski
Japan - Toishima
United republic of Korea - Parhe
Chile and Argentina - Zerinfriom
Cymrea - Cymrea
Republic of Iran and Iraq - The Democratic Republic of Colorado
Infinite Iceland empire - Vulkanas
The Philippine Union - La Republica De Filipinas
The Azteca Republic - Bolivia
Great Arab Empire - cyllia
Greece - Jordslag
Republic Of Vietnam - Republic Of Vietnam
Israel - Rhand
Ottoman Empire - Papait
Canada - Talanzaar
Donetsk People's Republic - Doomwood
Russia - Of The Rnclave

Reserved

and a list of groups:

Al-Qaeda - Ganarhea
Hizbulla - Soviet guy
Last edited by Zatak on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 16 times in total.
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:25 am

Brasilia,
Federative Republic of Brazil
January 1st, 2016

Dilma Rousseff sat in her chair looking at the options in front of her. The United States had been pressuring Brazil to finish the Drug issues in the country, after a devastating attack on the World Cup, killing 30, including 5 Russians, 3 Germans, and 6 Americans. The two documents layed in front of her, one from a US Citizen, the other from a member of her government. The member of her government suggested a method of Total War with the drug lords, to erase them once and for all. However, the United States bill stated the legalization of Marijuana, and military force to finish the other cartels.

Dilma had been reading both documents for days. US Investors were afraid to enter the country after the attack, and Dilma wanted those investor badly. So the choice was simple.

Dilma would legalize marijuana, and put a slight tax at 4% for the drug selling. The drug selling would be privately owned, but highly regulated. Dilma also set about getting the military together, to end this war once and for all.
Last edited by Roski on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:03 am

Shinjuku
Tokyo
Japan

Minister of Defence Asano was on fire. He twisted and turned, then fell to the ground, leaving nothing but a smouldering heap of ash and thin metal wires. The crowd around his charred remains cheered wildly. As was typical for these events, most of the attendees were either the young or the really old. Next up was Shinzo Abe, current Prime Minister of Japan and generally considered the man who had ended Japanese pacifism, earning him much hate in China, Korea and even Japan itself. Pacifists still existed, after all. The crowd began chanting slogans as a man with a blowtorch and dressed as a samurai approached the LDP leader one step at a time.

"Down with the LDP! Down with Shinzo Abe! Peace in East Asia! Down with the warmonger Shinzo Abe!"

As the cardboard Abe went up in flames, the crowd cheered even louder. A large, overweight man burst from the crowd clutching a model of an F-15J and threw it to the ground, stepping on the pieces and waving his arms in the air. On a nearby building, multiple news agencies from around the nation were already covering this demonstration. Things had been getting worse ever since the amendment of Article 9. The JCP and other self-declared pacifist parties loved to stir up trouble for their LDP rivals.

The sound of police sirens then filled the air, overwhelming the slogans and yells of the demonstrators. Many demonstrators broke and ran, leaving only a few behind. The police charged in, four men jumping on and arresting the man with the blowtorch as two other officers put out the fire with an extinguisher. There was little drama as the man was hauled into one of the two squad cars that had responded, the scene was all cleaned up within minutes and soon crowds were back to shop in the area, some of them having been in the demonstration as well. Alas, such was now normal life in Japan.

Kantei
Chiyoda,Tokyo
Japan

"..Also, I am receiving confirmation that another demonstration was just ended. That is all, sir."

Shinzo Abe nodded and dismissed the secretary, who bowed and left the sparsely-decorated office. Leaning back in the leather office chair, Abe looked around the room, then looked out of the window at the Tokyo skyline. A stack of papers and letters was on his desk, awaiting approval and signatures- didn't he have secretaries for this? He sighed, then picked up the first piece of paper. A complaint from a Korean activist group about the ISDF.

"You will destabilise the region and more blood will be on your hands," Abe dryly read out loud, shaking his head and trashing it. Relations between nations was important, but he did not have time to deal with these people. Isn't someone supposed to screen these? The next one was a complaint about vehicle taxes from some minister in Kyoto.

Bizarrely, Abe privately wondered if relations with Korea could indeed improve, contrary to what some analysts predicted. They had been high during Koizumi's time in '02, but then had gone down over the years. Perhaps the Koreans were angry at the ISDF and SSDF, or perhaps at Abe's hamfisted view of history. Relations with the USA had become strained thanks to his refusal to apologise to the Koreans, and relations with Korea would likely never improve if he remained in power and held the same views.

Of course, the question remained if Abe even understood what he did not understand.
Last edited by Toishima on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 am

Washington, DC

January, 1, 2016
White House Conference room
6.38 AM EST

The sun rose on the united state of America as the members of government sat in there room who only a few hours before were with there family's celebrating the new year and trying to forget everything that has happened the previous one including the world cup attack which many blame on a new more bold Al-Qaeda who have shown signs of a new large attack that may strike The United States within a year or maybe even in a few weeks or months but for now the United States had to focus on the tasks at hand.

The United States government was firstly not happy at Brazils legalization of weed and was hoping that the Brazilian government would declare the drug illegal again before more problems arise but for now they would not get involved with Brazils new drug war as personally it was not there business to get involved in another nations problems without a request from a member of said government first.

Next was the conflicts in Asia which saw a member of the Japanese government killed and a unknown amount of people injured in Anti-war riots which have seemed to stop for now but most agree they will likely start up again and result in more casualty's and damage but for now the United States would send japan there condolences and would remain quiet on the subject and wait to see what happened next.

The republic of Korea was another country the United States wanted to remain good relations with and now that China and Japan seemed to become more aggressive in policy the united Korea was most likely worried about possible attacks and invasion by one or the other and again the United States would remain silent and political on the subject for now.

Moving on to domestic things The united states was dedicated on creating a new free healthcare system for the American people which would be based on the British or Canadian system which sadly would raise tax's a bit but the Obama administration was sure that it would work out in the long run more or less and along with this the United States has launched multiple education programs in a attempt to boost education rates and get the American people new and better jobs which would require a slight decrease in the American military budget by around 1.8 billion over the next two years.

Code: Select all
To: The United Republic Of Korea
Encryption: Ultra High
Access code: 10101011010101010
We here at The United States Of America find at these unruly times that nations like you can benefit from having a dedicated ally like us by your side during a time when Asia is on the verge of a regional war between Japan and China that may see you and your nation getting involved in the cross fire between these two powerful nations which is why we seek not only a improvement on are military alliance but also a economic one as well which we find could benefit both are nations respectively 

To: The Nation of Japan
Encryption: Ultra High
Access code: 10101011010101010
Message: We here at the United States of America have recently heard of your riots and would like to offer are official condolences to you and your proud nation but for now we would like to offer are economic and military support to your nation in hopes that this conflict will end quickly and hopefully peacefully along with this we offer you the USS Nimitz supercarrier which will sadly because of budget cuts must be sold off to you for only around 2.1 billion USD
Last edited by Zatak on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:28 am

JMSDF Command
Yokosuka
Japan

"They what?!"

Admiral Mitanabe, the Chief of Staff of the JMSDF, left his desk covered in half-swallowed coffee as he rapidly stood up from his chair, his back cracking in a most unhealthy-sounding manner. The grey-haired man coughed hard and snatched the letter from the secretary, reading it over and over again, eyes widening. An aircraft carrier...?!

"They... They are planning to sell us an aircr-"

Mitanabe pointed to the secretary with one wrinkled but meaty finger, cutting him off.

"You get me MinDef Asano now. This better not be a joke."

"Sir, the decision has been made hours ago. They have already replied the USA."

Mitanabe felt thrilled, his heart rate rising. The old man fell back into his chair, looking at the Rising Sun flag, the naval ensign of the JMSDF, hanging on the wall and beaming.

Government of Japan
Official Message

To the United States of America with extreme security and expedience

Encryption reference code: 009ertb223pkg54
Encryption performed by ISDF Unit 2

Greetings,

We thank your government for your concerns regarding the recent demonstrations in our cities, but we assure you that we have the situation completely under control. Only two injuries have occurred thus far, and the Japanese government is working effectively with the local police forces to pacify these protesters.

We also gladly accept the continued economic and military support from the United States. Your great nation has been an invaluable ally in recent years, and we acknowledge that the USA's involvement in the Asia-Pacific Region is admirable and has led to greater stability, particularly with the ongoing threat of the People's Republic of China. We are certain that continued friendship between our nations is very possible and will bring greater peace to this region.

We will pay 3.7 billion USD- more than 1 billion USD above the proposed price- for the USS Nimitz as soon as possible. This is a high priority for the JMSDF, which is heavily anticipating and very excited about this prospect, and we sincerely hope your government is serious about this deal. We also urge the US to keep this deal a secret from other world powers, and officially decommission the ship before sending it to us for refitting. In return, Japan will not only pay 3.7 billion USD upfront but will also provide long-term economic aid to the United States. The acquiring of the USS Nimitz will be the start of a greater amount of Japanese autonomy in this region, and we shall be able to aid your efforts to bring peace to the area greatly.

We eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,
Hiroshi Nakanowatari
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Japan
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:46 am

A Message From The United States Naval Command

To the Nation Of Japan with great joy and seriousness[/size]
Encryption performed by The NSA

Greetings,

We thank your government for a quick response and we will confirm that this is serious as we wait for the first new USS Gerald R ford class to be commissioned later this year and sadly because of this we must sell this ship earlier then ready and believe that you are currently the best option for us to sell as you have remained one of are best allies for decades and we believe here that your security is needed to ensure a more peaceful Asia and a more peaceful world all together.

as for the ship she still remains her ninety aircraft carrying capability's and has another good five to ten years of service in her till any more major upgrades are needed along with this she still retains the ability to sail in a blue water fleet and will be a excellent flagship for your navy for years to come but we recommend you replace her armament to more local creations from your own navy as to not create suspicion in the recent purchase of the USS Nimitz and any other future vessel.

We also thank for the extra money you wish to provide to us for the USS Nimitz and we can understand why you would offer such a large sum for this excellent ship and as for payment please transfer it to USNC-068B and the ship shall arrive at whatever destination you wish us to deliver it to within 2-3 weeks thank you.

Sincerely,
Secretary Of Defence
Chuck Hegal

Mifan
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:39 am

Islamabad, Pakistan

Mamnoon Hussain was sitting in his chair, reading over files on how the economy was doing and the military's strength. Under Hussain's administration, the economy has done well but still had time to improve. With 5.6% of the population unemployed, he called that a success. The military was overall larger, however the navy was still limited and no new construction of any ships have been issued for the last two years. He and the navy knew that new ships had to be constructed or bought from a foreign nation. He thought about it and turned to the U.S. hoping they would sell a few of their decommissioned frigates to Pakistan.

To: The President of the United States, Barack Obama
Encryption: High
Subject: Purchase
Hello Mr. President, the United States has supplied Pakistan with many modern weapons and supplies which have greatly improved our national defense. We thank you for helping us achieve this. We still have a way to go, however, and will need to keep our military top notch before being able to sustain it. So without further ado, we would like to purchase 3 of your decommissioned frigates of the Oliver Hazard Perry class. We would like to purchase the USS Boone, the USS Stephen W. Groves, and finally we would like to purchase the USS John L. Hall. We are willing to pay $650 million for these vessels.
Uh, they're called green hearts.

You racist.

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Buenos Aries Capital of The United Federation of Argentina and Chile:

"So Mr. President what do you think about events heating up in the Pacific?" a reporter asked at the weekly Q&A the President freely attended.

"I believe that the Federation should remain neutral, and let the USA handle this the best they could, but I do think if things should heat up, that we should place sanctions."

"but who would receive the sanctions Mr. President?" asked a female reporter in the back.

"Why the side that we feel is the most vile, and evil, but that is all that we shall do in the name of neutrality." The President said with a smile.

He beat the other candidate with over 76% of the vote, with his promise too keep The Federation as neutral as Switzerland. While the other candidate wanted Argentina too get involved more on a military scale, and help the other powers with the war on terrorism. However this was a time for more growth for Argentina, not involvement in a deadly war.

The Q&A ended in about another hour, with the president making promises too turn Argentina into a free trade state, and his plans too cooperate with the eastern coast of South America, and the western coast of Africa too form the South Atlantic Treaty Organization, or SATO, but he didn't say the planned name of the alliance. It would cooperate with NATO, too help better the world. He also had plans too improve the economy, make drugs legal, and help the poor, and homeless. This President's name was James Cameeren Santiago.
OOC Information
Preference: Straight
Likes: Sea Food, Video Games, Talking to friends and Girls
Dislikes: Arguments, Boasting, Cheese mixed with food that cheese shouldn't be with
I lean to the left on social issues, I am moderate on Economic and foreign policy. I identify as a Liberal Socialist, but am more of a moderate.
Aliases Utilized by this account for different tech groups
The Demontronian Empire FT
The Zerinite Dominion PMT
The United Federated Republics of Zerinfriom MT regional
The United Dominion of Zerinfriom MT II
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:44 pm

A Message From The United States Naval Command

To the Nation Of Pakistan with sadness[/size]
Encryption reference code: 009etetf6tr5rbvjy

Greetings,

We here are glad to hear that Pakistan is open to more better relation with the United States and even more happy to hear your request but sadly the ships you have requested have been gone from are possession for a long time and the remaining ones are to be scrapped as they are no longer combat ready and can no longer meet modern combat uses which is why we must deny your request for the frigates as we find they would be more harm then actual good unless you are willing to try and modernize and rearm them.

Sincerely,
Secretary Of Defence
Chuck Hegal

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Rio De Janeiro
January 16th, 2016

A little girl grabbed her mother's dress. She had become terrified at the sudden sight in front of her. 40 Leopard 1A5 tanks, and 20,000 men were coming down the street. The men were dressed as if they were going to war. One of the soldiers saw the little girl, then smiled and did a small wave to her. The girl buried her face in her moms dress, but the soldier was unaware, he went back to facing forwards.

The group was going to a small village on the other side of the city, one that was completely under the control of drug cartels. These drug cartels sold Meth, a drug that Rousseff refused to legalize, in the name of safety. The civilian populace was uneasy about the tanks, the last time the tanks were here, the attack on the stadium had happened, and the fierce battle between the military and the drug lords in Rio had led to more deaths then ever before on an attack in Brazil, 30 civilian deaths, and almost 70 police/military deaths.

The tanks and men left the other side of the city, and was soon upon the village. The only people in the village were members of the drug gang that was named "mestre". The forty tanks took their positions.

"Fogo!" shouted a man at the HQ.

The forty tanks began ruthlessly shelling the village, as the 20,000 men took positions outside the walls, waiting for their cue to attack. This would be the fall of the biggest pest to Brazil since the World Cup...

Rio De Janerio
July 13th, 2014

60 minutes in for the match between Brazil and Germany for the title of the world cup (of which Germany was winning 2-1), several strange men entered the stadium. Police officers grabbed their weapons quickly. As police began to storm the field, the men shot into the crowd, before being engaged by police. The terrified civilians fled, into another trap by the drug gang "Vespão," and they attempted to gun down the fleeing civilians, before 6 brave Americans rushed the gang and brutally attacked them, allowing the others time to flee. They could already hear the helicopters, as the Brazilian Military dropped 60 men off, to fight the drug lords, and help evacuation.
30 minutes into the battle, Military and Police were desperately overrun, before 50 tanks and 70,000 men came into the city, reinforcing the fight.

The military could finally reach the stadium, to asses the loss of life. As they rushed in, they got ambushed, but a few shots later, the men finally made it to the exit from the part they watched the game. 10 people were dead, including the 6 Americans who helped the others flee. They went into the stadium, to find 20 dead civilians. One soldier walked over and prayed, asking God why he let these people die, as they were only enjoying a match of football. The bodies of police and drug lords littered the field.

20 minutes after the attack was finished, Dilma Rousseff ordered the immediate lock down of all major cities, to prevent any more civilians from being harmed.
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Berlin, Germany
January 20th, 2016
2:32 PM

Troops of the German military walked through the streets of Berlin, a bustling city. They then walked into the Ministry of Defense and met Generalleutnant Karl Palheim, the man in charge of the "Bayern" Project. They handed him a file with papers inside. "Generalleutnant, here is the update you were asking for on the Bayern Project." "Danke, danke. Let us talk in my office, hmm?" The men walked into Palheim's office and spoke. "So how is the Bayern Project doing?" "It is progressing very well, Kommandant."

Palheim took out the papers and saw design papers of Heavy Command Cruisers, giant airships that would be used to level and bomb cities as well as aid ground forces in combat. "Well, I hope this design works. If it does, we shall be the most technologically advanced nation militarily in the entire European Continent." After he was done, the soldiers saluted him and went out of the room. It would be extremely hard to manufacture, but it would definitely be worth in in terms of the military.

Military Installation Area 89
East Prussian Countryside
January 21st, 2016
5:00 PM

Palheim, after traveling to the future site that the HCC would be built in, he looked at a small prototype. It was not the actual size of the HCC, and did not have any weapons. However, this would provide a model for the actual scale prototype. The construction of the "Zero-X" Prototype was underground. Palheim went down an elevator that lead to the site and looked at the barely-started Zero-X. "My god... this will be the future of armed conflicts..."

Breslau, Federal Republic of Germany
January 21st, 2016
8:36 PM
Donut Shop

A group of Landespolizei officers were at a doughnut shop during their evening patrol, buying cups of coffee and some other food until a group of criminals shot at the store. They were heavily armed, with FN Herstal SCAR-Ls assault rifles and Colt M1911 pistols. The heavy gunfire quickly killed everyone inside the store but one policeman. He called it in and soon, 20 officers were chasing the men in the street along with Bundespolizei men. "I can't get a clear shot at them!" An officer said. "I'll try and get close to them!" Finally, after a two hour chase, the criminals were stopped and apprehended.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Cymrea
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Outside of La Paz, Bolivian Federation
Three hours before dawn

Gage Winter was not his real name. He walked over to the nearby vehicle, a Bolivian manufactured SUV of Chinese make. His six soldiers were asleep, trying to get a few hours in while they could. They would only be getting two and a half in this short respite and that was enough to keep them going for many more.

"Oy, Smiff, wake the fuck up!" Gage shouted as he came up to the side of the vehicle. On cue, Smith - not his real name, either - woke right up and looked outside the front windshield before he turned to see Gage approaching. "Get the package ready, already!"

Smith nodded and jumped out of the driver's seat of the vehicle. He had layers on to keep himself warm; he and Jones opted for that route since their sleeping bags were less than sufficient. Everyone else slept in sleeping bags that were hardly anything more than cases to keep them from getting too dirty. They were covered in grime that included mud, dried blood, dirt, and who knew what else. There were holes, rips, tears, and scuffs in them that reduced their overall effectiveness to keep the individuals inside warm. Everyone else wore layers inside their cases, but Smith and Jones slept in their vehicles instead, to keep them off the dirty, cold ground. The seats in the vehicles were marginally more comfortable but they slept in the most uncomfortable of positions.

"Got it, man. Here, she's ready to go." Everyone stirred behind the two as Smith pulled a hard-plastic, black suitcase out of the bed of the SUV. He laid it on the ground and crouched in front of it, quickly unlocking the four clasps that held the two covers together. He pulled off the top cover and put it behind the case to reveal a missile launching system: a 9K32 Strela-2 surface-to-air missile. Manufactured in Argentina, the previous Peruvian governments had mismanaged enough of the missiles that their usage would certainly be construed as local. Gage looked down at the missile and Smith handed him the whole system after carefully assembling the components a piece at a time. He attached the missile to the launcher base, clipped in the trigger and grip, locked in the sighting system, and attached the guidance system last. Gage was now holding a forty-five pound weapon that consisted of a fifteen pound launcher and a thirty pound missile.

The Strela-2 missile was guided by imaging infrared and it was a small missile, only 1.44 metres long and 72mm in diameter. Its wingspan was 33cm when fired as the wings popped out of the missile, making it easier and more compact to store. They were spring loaded of course. The missile traveled at 430 metres per second against targets as far away as four kilometres. It used a 1.15kg warhead to obliterate anything it touched and that was a fact. The missile, in skilled hands, was a near-certain way to down an aircraft at low and medium altitude and that was what Gage was going to do.

He walked away from the SUV and to the campfire. He checked his watch again. "We've got twelve minutes to pull this off. Everyone on perimeter except West. You're with me. Now!" The order was obeyed immediately and everyone grabbed their weapons from next to them and sprang to action, manning key positions around the encampment. Gage and West, on the other hand, took a stroll three hundred and fifty metres away, exiting the forested area entirely. There, they stood on flat terrain without much in their way. Gage hefted the launcher onto his right shoulder and looked at West. "Make sure nobody's around." She nodded and took off, putting her night vision goggles over her eyes as she walked away. Gage put his right hand on the grip and elevated the missile launcher so that he could turn the system on, simply by pressing a single switch. The system would take thirty seconds to boot up and another forty-five for the missile seeker to become active. During that time, he oriented himself to the southwest. It seemed like an hour for the system to come online and every second felt like a minute to the impatient soldier; he wanted to accomplish this objective so that he could get back to his regular assignments further north. Time ticked away as he oriented the missile launcher upwards to the cold sky. If it was barely five degrees Centigrade on the ground it would be far colder in the air. That would make the hot exhaust from even the smallest of aircraft visible from far away. Finally, that exhaust was what told him that his objective was nearing. He activated the missile system and began to track the target. An invisible laser departed the missile launcher and hit the fuselage of the aircraft a fraction of a second later. This wasn't to guide the missile but rather to get data on the approaching aircraft. The missile launcher's thermal sights had targeted it but it couldn't give the more accurate firing data that the situation required. The laser returned speed, altitude, and range instantly and he saw that the target was well within the operational envelope of the missile.

The plane was a Douglas DC-3, an airframe that had been designed more than seventy years earlier. This particular aircraft had been built fifty-something years earlier and it was used by Bolivian forces to transport supplies around the country. The flight was heading into La Paz, thirty kilometers to the east. La Paz, like Sucre, was controlled by government forces and this was a government transport mission, moving arms and supplies. This was a fact known to Gage who targeted the aircraft as it flew by. In moments, it was entirely past him and on approach to El Alto International Airport.

His orders had been transmitted to him earlier that day by the Intelligentia Militarum through their secretive and encrypted channels. Gage watched the plane and looked at the probability of kill indicator on the missile launcher's screen. It was a number that gave the percentage that the missile would hit under the launching circumstances. It was based on environmental conditions, electronic countermeasures, target data, and so on and so forth. When it read zero-point-nine-five, he fired and that meant he had a ninety-five percent chance of hitting the target.

The missile ejected from the launcher by a low-powered rocket that was designed to get the missile far enough away from the launcher so that when its main rocket fired, the launcher wasn't harmed. It was a process that lasted less than a second. The missile streaked upwards, trailing no smoke, only a bright, green flame. Moments later, when the missile traveled its three and a half kilometres to the target, it hit. Gage grimaced as he watched a fireball erupt from the DC-3's port side wing, right where one of its two propeller engines were. The DC-3 wasn't more than twenty-six hundred meters off the ground and it wasn't flying faster than two hundred forty kilometres per hour. It had no chance of evading the missile, even if the pilots knew it was there - and they didn't.

The explosion shattered the engine and severely damaged the port side wing. The explosion of the engine did even more damage, structurally weakening the wing beyond its critical limits. Shrapnel was ejected into the air and the aircraft's fuselage. While it injured some of the troops inside of the aircraft, it also damaged the port-side rear stabilizer of the aircraft. Severely weakened, the aircraft lost speed and its port-side engine began to burn uncontrollably. As the pilots tried to counter the loss of the engine, they put extra stress on the wing. Five seconds later, the entire port-side wing snapped in half and the DC-3 was now uncontrollable. It spiraled into a nose-down spin and smashed into the ground.

Those terrifying last seconds must have been unimaginable for the crew on board. Gage thought about that as he watched it fall out of the sky, trailing black smoke and flames. When it impacted, the rising fireball from the ground was all he needed to know that the mission was a success. He quickly walked back to the clearing and began barking orders. The mission was executed and it took them less than ninety seconds to pack up and go. Gage doused the flames of the campfire with sand and jumped into the lead SUV. Everyone operated with precision and speed and tight discipline, as he expected. The three vehicles entered the roadway and began to head north, headlights off, guided by their night vision goggles.

Gage and his team headed north on Ruta Nacional 2, reaching Huarina and taking the westward branch of the highway where it split with 16. After about 30 kilometres, as the road curved around a jut of desert at the southern end of Lake Titicaca, the team found their targeted bit of isolated dirt, and drove off the road. They hopped out of their vehicles and double-timed it to the waiting boat, leaving the SUVs in gear and letting them drive into the lake. Gage checked his watch: twenty-three minutes since the DC-3 went down. The local authorities would only just now be responding.

The boat roared as it sped off into the Andean lake. Minutes later, the team was across the border and into Peru. With the northern half of the continent a corrupt and chaotic mess, it would be a minimal effort to split up, go underground, find safe houses, and lay low until his team could be recalled by other Cambrian cells.
Pronounced: KIM-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Receipts

In billions of dollars:

Individual income tax 1,483
Social Security and other payroll tax 1,021
Corporate income tax 433
Excise tax 105
Customs duties 39
Estate and gift taxes 13
Deposits of earnings and Federal Reserve System 92
Other miscellaneous receipts 39

Changes from last year:

A 0.8 percent increase on corporate tax's in 2016

this does not include the possibly new HealthCare tax

Outlays by agency

In billions of dollars

Department of Defense including Overseas Contingency Operations 466.6
Department of Health and Human Services including Medicare and Medicaid 108.3
Department of Education 101.2
Department of Veterans Affairs 63.5
Department of Housing and Urban Development 33.1
Department of State and Other International Programs 48.1
Department of Homeland Security 39.0
Department of Energy 28.4
Department of Justice 16.3
Department of Agriculture 21.5
National Aeronautics and Space Administration 17.7
National Intelligence Program 48.2
Department of Transportation 16.3
Department of the Treasury 12.9
Department of the Interior 11.7
Department of Labor 12.1
Social Security Administration 9.1
Department of Commerce 8.6
Army Corps of Engineers Civil Works 4.7
Environmental Protection Agency 8.2
National Science Foundation 7.6
Small Business Administration 0.8
Corporation for National and Community Service 1.1
Net interest 0
Disaster costs 6 0
Other spending 19.4
Total 1,335

Changes this year:

Large decrease in military spending and a large increase in health and education for 2016 along with a slight increase in commence and energy

GDP in 2014: 17,437,856
GDP in 2016: 19,424,983
GDP estimate For 2017: 20,493,080

The official 2016 budget for the United States of America has been released by the Obama administration and lives up to it's promises of a new budget with more focus on Health and education and less on military forces and defence which has left the nation in debate as most were expecting a larger cut in military then was given which has left many still upset and calling for a redraft of the 2016 budget or at least a cut in military funding and a increase in the education budget but nothing has been confirmed.

The united states of America would also like to say that if the Olympic games are to be held in brazil that no United States athlete will be allowed to attend mostly because of brazils failed attempt to protect the World Cup even two years earlier which resulted in the death of six American civilians and over twenty non-Americans and only proved Brazil can not seem to handle such large events but back to the point the United States demands that the Olympics game committee choose a new none Brazilian location.
Last edited by Zatak on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mailam
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mailam » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Chinese Central Television News

"Today we will go back into 2015 to reminisce the many developments that China has seen throughout the past eventful year. Let's begin!

One of the most important milestones achieved by China during the past year was the full realization of the UN Millennium Development Goals. In 2000, the largest gathering of world leaders in history took place, as the 193 UN member states met in New York to discuss these so-called Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). These were eight international objectives with ambitious targets for developing countries, most of them to be achieved by 2015. These objectives are listed accordingly:

1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
  2. Achieve universal primary education
  3. Promote gender equality and empower women
  4. Reduce child mortality rates
  5. Improve maternal health
  6. Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases
  7. Ensure environmental sustainability
  8. Develop a global partnership for development
By 2014, some countries had achieved many goals, while others were not on track to realize any. The countries with major success stories included China (whose citizens in poverty fell from 452m to 278m), India, Brazil, Thailand, Vietnam, Cuba, Honduras, Nicaragua, Ecuador and Ethiopia. Countries that were not as fortunate included DR Congo, Kenya, and Zimbabwe.

The Chang'e 4 lunar lander, along with the Yutu 2 lunar rover, successfully completed their sample return mission to the moon despite electrical and mechanical setbacks, and managed to obtain valuable data concerning lunar soil composition, subsurface gas analysis, and lunar mineral spectrometry. Using a sturdy but lightweight robotic drilling rig, Yutu 2 was able to collect a sample of 2.2 kilograms of lunar soil and rock, upon which the lander containing those samples returned back to Earth via automatic rendezvous. The amount of research on lunar regolith within the Chinese scientific community subsequently soared.

The Central Politburo Standing Committee abolished the National People's Congress due to widespread recognition of this body as a rubber-stamp parliament with no independent legal power. This legislative house of nearly 3000 members, once considered the largest parliamentary body in the world, was dissolved to save substantial administrative costs for the state.

Prior to its disbanding, however, the majority of members of the National People's Congress voted in favor of legalization of same-sex marriage nationwide as its final piece of signature legislation, marking a major milestone in equal gender rights. They cited reasons for their approval of this legislation such as population gender imbalance, slight reduction of bureaucratic red tape, and generally positive sentiment towards the matter.

Hukou reform saw great progress as the Central Standing Committee eliminated the legal limits on urban employment and activities from the hukou system, removing restrictions on opportunities for rural migrants to the cities to work and study in urban areas. Nevertheless, the household registration function of the hukou system has been retained for demographic information reasons.

In a single year, much has already occurred in China, and much more will occur in the future. What will the year 2016 be like for China? This is Xu Hemei of CCTV, Beijing. Good night."

Parhe
Powerbroker

Founded: May 10, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Parhe » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Republic of Korea
Early Winter

Asia, or at the least Japan, has been looked at the world primitively in the eyes of the elite of Korea. Since the technical end of the Great Recession the two former allies had went separate directs, Japan pushing off relations with America and the two other main East Asian nations, China and Korea, in the works of nationalism and a rise of militarism, and Korea warming up to the China and the USA in hopes of finding allies to deter any possible Japanese attack, all the while deflating its own defense spending to a mere seventy billion. Perhaps it was foolish on the part of the Koreans to hope that stationing a handful of ships and American troops would prevent a Japanese expansion in the Sea of Japan or that communal hate and economic ties would keep China at bay, but after the past century-decades under Japanese oppression, a devastating civil war, military build up between a divided nation, and eight years with half the state under police rule-the people were tired of conflict and wished to carry on blind to conflict.

War, particularly of the conventional sort, was certainly among the least of the nation's concerns as the new year quickly swept through, even as both Japan and China continued to increase spending and expand their militaries, and national focus shifted to the city of Pyeongchang. With the nation officially boycotting the Sapporo 2017 Asian Winter Games, in which Korea had been a staple element usually sending the largest number of athletes excluding the host nations, eyes were set on the 2018 Winter Olympics as the next major winter sports event. As previously anticipated Pyeongchang successfully became a major winter sports hub in Asia, attracting thousands of foreign visitors each season, and the majority of venues were completed years early.

OOC: You know, forget this. I will go more indepth tomorrow on the second part of this post regarding the population itself. As well as a response to America. I have to think about it.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
I know it is a Work-In-Progress, but I would love it if y'all looked at my new factbook and gave me some feedback!

BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

The Democratic Republic of Colorado
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Colorado » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:53 pm

Baghdad, Iraq
"Allah u Akkbar
Ash-Hadu alla ilah illallah
Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah
Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah..."
The beautiful call to prayer rang out across the the city of Baghdad. The call emanates from the first completed minaret of the Unity Mosque. The sprawling Mosque, situated in the middle of Baghdad, hurriedly enlarged and completed in just thirteen months, has come to symbolize the newfound unity between the Arab and Persian Shias. Though the Iranian state media has plastered their massive military parades and celebrations around the world in nearly every news outlet, all is not well. Peace has been secured in Baghdad, but violence rages on in border Sunni dominated towns and cities, and Iranian and Iraqi people grow very weary of eternal warfare. The citizens of Baghdad can sense a growing tension in the air, as Camp Faretz, situated just north of Baghdad, has grown in size to an all time high, with nearly one hundred thousand Iranian soldiers and an additional seventy thousand Iraqi soldiers garrisoned, and more arriving every day.
Tehran, Iran
Ayatollah Akhtar, looking down at his quivering hands, slowly looked up from his notes, motioning for the cameramen to begin rolling.

"My fellow Muslims... The last half century has been an utter disgrace for all Muslims in the eyes of God. Not only have millions of Muslims died at the hands of other Muslims, but the cause of this mass murder been the simple difference between Sunni and Shia...As of today, I command all Shia and Sunni sectarian violence to cease in Iraq and around the world. I plea this in the name of God and his prophet Muhammed."

President Rouhani, after seeing the call to peace broadcast around the world live, began thinking. This was to be a year of unity. Persian and Arab Shias would compete in Brazil in the Olympics, the same flag over Tehran would fly over Baghdad, and hopefully violence would come to and end, and an official accord would be reached with ISIS. President Rouhani wished this sentiment of peace and understanding not only upon the new citizens of The Republic, but to the west as well.

Open Letter to President Obama
To: President Barack Obama, United States of America
From: President Hassan Rouhani, Islamic State of Iran and Iraq
Encryption: None
On behalf of the citizens of the Republic of Iran and Iraq, and the general interest of peace, I, President Hassan Rouhani do formally request an official state visit to the United States of America.
EQUALITY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL
DOWN THE WELL WITH THE NAYSAYERS

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:23 pm

A Message From The United States Ministry Of Foreign Affairs

To the Nation Of Iran and Iraq with joy[/size]
Encryption reference code: 009etetf6tr5rbvjy

Greetings,

We Here at the United States Of America are happy to here about your request to visit are nation which we believe would provide a excellent experience and hopefully boost relations that have for over a decade been little and almost non-existent.

We do request that you respect are laws and such along with a warning that any illegal item will be taken from you or any fellow visitors that come here also we request to know when and how you will be arriving thank you.

Sincerely,
President of The United States Of America
Barack Obama

Mifan
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:29 pm

To: United States Naval Command
Encryption: High

Thank you for the information of the frigates no longer being available. We do wish to ask, are there any naval frigates that you are currently willing to sell to Pakistan? If not, we understand and thank you for your time.

You racist.

Mailam
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mailam » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:06 pm

Chinese Central Television News Update

In an effort to revamp its family planning policy to take into account new demographic realities, Xi Jinping has announced plans to raise the one-child-per-couple limit to two-children-per-couple, and also include high-income parents into the list of groups exempt from the child limit rule by 2017. The so-called 'two-child policy' shall only apply to Han Chinese adults residing in both rural and urban areas, while the other unaltered parts of the previous one-child law shall remain the same, stated a spokesman from the central government.

Faced by a population gender imbalance marked by an unnaturally high ratio of males to females, along with rapid demographic aging and possible future decrease in the size of the labor force, the central government is working quickly to boost the population with the relaxing of many terms within the family planning policy, which may induce couples to bear more children and significantly reduce biased gender selection in future families. However, critics assert that this drastic change in policy will fuel massive overpopulation at a time when pollution and overcrowding in cities is at its highest in decades. The government is responding to such a concern with the currently-ongoing subsidization and increased construction of residential properties in less-densely-populated suburban areas.

Foreign Communications

To: President Shinzo Abe, Japan

As the President of a fellow East Asian sovereign state, I write to your excellency to affirm my sincere intentions of working with your administration to devise a peaceful resolution to the current territorial disputes faced by both countries in our region. Therefore, I cordially invite you to participate in talks hosted in Beijing with regards to the current situation at hand. Please reply to this message stating whether you plan to attend this meeting or not. Finally, I thank you for your cooperation during this contentious time. May peace reign again in East Asia.

To: President Moon Jae-in, Republic of Korea

As the President of a fellow East Asian sovereign state, I write to your excellency to affirm my sincere intentions of working with your administration to devise a peaceful resolution to the current territorial disputes faced by both countries in our region. Therefore, I cordially invite you to participate in talks hosted in Beijing with regards to the current situation at hand. Please reply to this message stating whether you plan to attend this meeting or not. Finally, I thank you for your cooperation during this contentious time. May peace reign again in East Asia.

To: President Mamnoon Hussain, Islamic Republic of Pakistan

As the President of a fellow Asian sovereign state, I write to your excellency to reaffirm China's commitment to a long-standing partnership with our trustworthy ally Pakistan in many fields. Our joint research and production of the JF-17 multirole fighter, a combat aircraft that is already gaining customers worldwide, along with our bilateral counter-terrorism military exercises, is a stunning example of what China and Pakistan can achieve together as equal partners. Specifically, though, I write to you today on behalf of several Chinese construction companies to gain your permission to continue the expansion of Gwadar Port in southern Pakistan. The expansion of Gwadar Port will permit the increased simultaneous docking of cargo ships and transit of freight, thereby turning this seaside location into a prominent regional trade hub, which is expected to generate billions of dollars in revenues and create at least a million jobs for the Pakistani people. Please reply to this message stating whether you agree to this proposal or not. Finally, I thank you for your cooperation, and long live China-Pakistan friendship.

Mifan
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mifan » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:33 pm

To: President Xi Jinping
The nation of Pakistan would gladly allow for your companies to continue the expansion of the Gwadar Port. This will not only generate more revenue or jobs for the Pakistani people, but also show that China and Pakistan will always be able to worm side by side to accomplish many goals together. We wish to see many more cooperative projects between our nations and long live the China-Pakistan friendship.

You racist.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Japan

Little had changed since years ago, when the Koreas reunited. Filled with fear and concern that the Koreas were legitimately going to become a threat to Japan's power in the region, the politicians back then decided to amend Article 9 of the Japanese constitution. The new wording of Article 9 allowed for increased military forces and even some offensive forces, depending on the way one looked at it. Of course, since the 1950s Japan had already had an unofficial military- the Japanese Self-Defence Forces, of JSDF. Technically part of the Japanese police, the JSDF was, and still is, unable to conduct any offensive military actions. It was for self-defence.

But self-defence could also mean deterring an enemy from attacking. And that was why the JMSDF was made to be the most modern and probably the most powerful navy in East Asia, with help from the USA. As an island nation, the JMSDF would be instrumental in defending the Home Islands, as well as disputed islands such as Senkaku. Under the expansion and reorganisation brought along by the constitutional amendment, a new series of ten 'heavy destroyers' was commissioned and were later launched in 2014. The new Fubuki-class, similar to the Ticonderoga-class cruisers of the USA, would become one of the larger and more prominent ships in the JMSDF fleet, alongside their Atago-class sisters.

Aerial superiority over Japan itself would be necessary in any defensive operation. With their fleet of F-15s and F-2s already in existence, as well as a massive air defence web, Japan was already prepared to fight off any enemy aircraft that attempted to fly into their airspace. The JASDF was also expanded with new technology, such as locally-produced radars, control systems and missiles. Even better, they got a new a fighter in 2015. The Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin had been in preparation for years, and it finally flew in 2013. After working out some bugs and the like, the stealth fighter was ready for mass production in 2015, and the JSDF took delivery of 5 aircraft in late 2015.

Of course, if the enemy did make it to the land, there would be a problem. The JGSDF could still be considered the smallest land army in East Asia, but possessed a powerful array of weapons and vehicles. A new MLRS vehicle, the Type-4, was obtained sometime in 2006 and added to the JGSDF's arsenal. In addition, many of the older Type-74 Nana-Yons had been upgraded to Type-74 Kai standard, the improved version. Some of these tanks were also scrapped and replaced with the newer Type-10 Hitomaru in 2014.

However, the majority of these changes were trivial hardware upgrades, and besides the new F-3 Shinshin stealth fighter and the Fubuki-class destroyer, few would pay any mind to the enlarged fuel tank of the Type-74 Kai. What the other Asian nations would see was the increase of personnel. Around 18,000 new troops signed up for the JSDF between 2000 and 2016. Surely this was the work of an imperialist power bent on dominating Asia. The rise of the nationalist sentiments and the proud Japanese culture made this happen.

The Japanese could not beg to differ to a greater extent- though most would be too proud to beg either way. These were needed for Japan's defence. After all, the local riots had meant the US had to be kicked out of Okinawa and while there were still troops on the mainland, the number was lower. Nobody would admit it, but the US was necessary to keep enemies away. And Japan had a lot of enemies, that much was known.

To deal with these enemies, the JSDF launched two controversial new branches, leading to uproars from China and Korea. The JISDF- the Japanese Information Self Defence Forces- was the branch of the Japan Self-Defence Forces responsible for intelligence gathering and cyber warfare. Basically, it was main intelligence agency of Japan. Its main purpose was intelligence gathering and non-military covert operations, though it was also responsible for the defence of Japan from cyber attacks as well as to create retaliatory attacks. On the other hand, the JSSDF- the Japanese Strategic Self-Defence Forces- was meant to provide an offensive branch to the JSDF in order to carry out retaliatory strikes against enemy invaders, without needing to restructure the other branches. The JSSDF was mostly a special forces unit, trained in urban and jungle warfare and highly skilled at offensive manoeuvres. It was also equipped with tanks.

Understandably, everyone in the region became unhappy with this, the JGSDF included, so the tanks were removed to make the JSSDF a mainly infantry-based special operations unit only.

Elsewhere, in the civilian areas, things had been going well for Japan. Cars and electronics were always in demand, and tourism was still booming. Even a two-module space station had been launched by JAXA, along with the creation of a launch vehicle based on the Russian Soyuz. Japan was still seen as a hip country amongst foreign youths, it seemed, though the rise of K-Pop would soon threaten this. The economy had still been recovering from the bubble in the 90s when reforms by Taro Aso, a popular and decent politician who served two terms*, made the path to recovery even smoother. This was partly why the JSDF could afford to increase its spending somewhat.

Japan was still largely powered by nuclear energy in 2016. The expedient and efficient cleaning of the Fukushima-Daiichi disaster and the public apology by the TEPCO CEO meant that by 2016, the 2011 Tohoku earthquake was but a memory for most. Notably, in an effort to improve foreign relations, in 2013 a bill was passed in the Diet to prohibit politicians from making the official and publicised visits to the controversial Yasukuni shrine. The Imperial Household Agency was also dismantled after several corruption scandals, restructuring it and allowing the Imperial Family more freedom then before. Notably, even the Emperor himself could be seen walking in Akihabara at times, a completely bizarre situation that could not have existed under the overbearing Household Agency.

Korea was viewed as a problem child, wanting their own way ever since they had managed to merge both North and South back into one state. They had the audacity to announce a boycott of the Sapporo Games in 2017 for seemingly no good reason at all. The official Japanese policy towards Korea was one of indifference. Whatever the Koreans did or said, the Japanese barely responded, sometimes just noting its presence. Of course, some Japanese politicians still insisted the Liancourt Rocks belonged to them, but the Japanese government largely did not care any more, with Senkaku and China being a larger concern.

The Japanese people, however, was split on the matter. There were the vocal critics of Korea who often marched through the streets and burned Korean flags before getting arrested, and the 2chan members who participated in the still-ongoing yearly cyberwars between 2chan and Korean imageboards. The other group were the ones who shared the government's indifference. If Korea wants to do this, what's stopping them? Why should we care? Businesses, in particular, continued to operate wherever they wanted to, even in Korea, no matter how hard business was there.

China, on the other hand, had more split views by the Japanese government. Half of them wanted to befriend the Dragon, to end the ridiculous Senkaku nonsense and perhaps increase trade as an alternative to Korea. The other half wanted to put up a wall against China, the wall hopefully encompassing the Senkaku Islands, and keep the Dragon away. Perhaps they would also kick the dragon in its economic balls by doing drastic things like removing all Japanese corporations from the country. The moderates won this argument, shockingly led by Shinzo Abe, who was always interested in China-Japan relations. However, relations would also be strained due to the deployment of JMSDF destroyers, not JCG patrolers, to guard the Senkaku islands. The Japanese people were mostly indifferent to the hate they received from the Chinese government. Of course, there were those who set fire to pictures of Xi JinPing and Mao ZeDong, but these were usually the same people who revenge-hacked the Korean imageboards.

The issue about historical revisionism was quashed by Koizumi back in the early 2000s, perhaps accounting for the greater Japan-Korea relations back then. The man with the strange hairstyle had passed a bill requiring textbooks to print the truth, and many of the right-wing textbooks were banned. Japanese students now learned the full truth about World War Two, though of course some details like what happened in South Korea or NanJing were left out or mentioned briefly only. These, however, were not omitted from university texts, and those with higher education now learned the whole story, leading to some students going to the affected countries and publicly apologising. Yet, nationalism and pride prevented the new Abe administration of 2016 from issuing an official apology. Ultimately, the case now was that the people of Japan were apologetic, but the government was not.

There would be no great "Rise of Japan" or "New Empire of the Rising Sun" in this timeline, contrary to popular belief abroad. This Japan would dedicate itself to quiet economic growth and hopefully maintain peace in the region, content with their self-advancement and of course, their superior position over the others. Why share what you can reap yourself?

Government of Japan
Official Message

To the People's Republic of China with extreme security and expedience

Encryption performed by ISDF Unit 1

Greetings,

We thank you for your invitation to this meeting regarding the territorial disputes in the East Asian region. Japan takes such disputes extremely seriously and is very concerned with this issue. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe graciously accepts this invitation and will be taking part in these Beijing peace talks, where he hopes to resolve the territorial disputes once and for all with the Chinese government, hopefully in a way that will benefit the interested parties.

We are heartened that the government of the People's Republic of China are as interested as the government of Japan in working towards peace in East Asia. May our nations prosper together.

Sincerely,
The Office of Shinzo Abe
Prime Minister of Japan

OOC gunk

As mentioned, Liancourt is no longer a major problem for the Japanese government. They don't care any more, though Japanese fishermen still indiscriminately fish in there, and I assume some may also have gotten into trouble with the Korean Coast Guard.

Article 9 amendment:
ARTICLE 9. Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat or use of force as means of settling international disputes. (2) To accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, land, sea, and air forces, as well as other war potential, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized.

Amended:
ARTICLE 9. Aspiring sincerely to an international peace based on justice and order, the Japanese people forever renounce war as a sovereign right of the nation and the threat of force as means of settling international disputes. (2) To accomplish the aim of the preceding paragraph, offensive land, sea, and air forces, will never be maintained. The right of belligerency of the state will not be recognized, unless doing so will adversely affect the safety and sovereignty of the Japanese people.

I made Aso a good politician who served multiple terms, because fuck Hatoyama.
GOKIGENYOU~

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Ever since the Civil War, during the Cold war, the Greeks had ahted communists. They had also had long standing ties with Japan. Antonis Samaras and Karolos Papoulias both knew this. Therefore, Antonis decided to be on Japan's side in this non-fighting conflict. He asked Karolos Papoulias to write a letter to Japan for him. He also ordered the boosting in funding of the Greek military.All the while, the people of Greece eye it's neighbor to the North, Macedonia, hungrily...

TO JAPAN
To: Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
Context:
The Prime minister and I have reviewed the problem in Asia, and, quite frankly, we are on your side for three reasons:
1. We hate communists, and you are against the PRC.
2. Our nations have very long standing ties and similarities between each other.
3. It is always good to have a stronger nation at your back.

May our Friendship last.

Military forces in the North have been bolstered up to 45,000.
Last edited by Jordslag on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toishima
Senator

Postby Toishima » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:07 am

日本政府
Government of Japan
Official Message

To the Hellenic Republic with extreme security and expedience

Encryption reference code: 4u3y92dmhf4yr9387r024n

Greetings,
'
We are heartened that the Hellenic Republic's leaders have taken an interest in East Asia, particularly our own nation. Our nations are indeed much alike in many ways. We are both island nations, and we have long histories and honourable traditions to be proud of. We can both benefit from closer ties as our nations learn from each other in this dangerous new world.

However, we feel that we must clear up some misconceptions regarding the present situation in East Asia.

Japan is not against the People's Republic of China, and never will be. We are a nation dedicated to peace and seek cooperation and understanding with our neighbours in all ways. While we do have our differences and disputes, rest assured that Japan and the People's Republic of China are at peace and we aim to solve all issues in a cordial and peaceful manner with diplomatic negotiations. There is also no problem in East Asia. If you are referring to the Senkaku Islands dispute, that is not a problem. Japan clearly and legally controls the Senkaku Islands, and we are already guarding the area from rogue forces with our own naval units. Talks are already planned to settle the issue diplomatically.

We hope this clears up any misconceptions regarding our activities in East Asia. We look forward to a long-standing partnership with the Hellenic Republic in the immediate future.

Sincerely,
The Office of Hiroshi Nakanowatari
Japan
GOKIGENYOU~

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:15 am

Toishima wrote:
(Image)
日本政府
Government of Japan
Official Message

To the Hellenic Republic with extreme security and expedience

Encryption reference code: 4u3y92dmhf4yr9387r024n

Greetings,
'
We are heartened that the Hellenic Republic's leaders have taken an interest in East Asia, particularly our own nation. Our nations are indeed much alike in many ways. We are both island nations, and we have long histories and honourable traditions to be proud of. We can both benefit from closer ties as our nations learn from each other in this dangerous new world.

However, we feel that we must clear up some misconceptions regarding the present situation in East Asia.

Japan is not against the People's Republic of China, and never will be. We are a nation dedicated to peace and seek cooperation and understanding with our neighbours in all ways. While we do have our differences and disputes, rest assured that Japan and the People's Republic of China are at peace and we aim to solve all issues in a cordial and peaceful manner with diplomatic negotiations. There is also no problem in East Asia. If you are referring to the Senkaku Islands dispute, that is not a problem. Japan clearly and legally controls the Senkaku Islands, and we are already guarding the area from rogue forces with our own naval units. Talks are already planned to settle the issue diplomatically.

We hope this clears up any misconceptions regarding our activities in East Asia. We look forward to a long-standing partnership with the Hellenic Republic in the immediate future.

Sincerely,
The Office of Hiroshi Nakanowatari
Japan

Ελληνική Δημοκρατία
The Hellenic Republic

Greece

I apologize, Mr. Hiroshi Nakanowatari!
It seems there was a mistake. We thought there was a dispute betweeen Japan and Korea, with the PRC on Korea's side. Still, I hope a formal Alliance between us can be made. The simple fact of the world is that you don't know what the other leaders are going to do. Therefore, it is very important to e as prepared as you can for everything. The Greek Air Forces are in need of Modernizing, by the way, and we hope you can help us with this. I believe that if we work together, neither of us shall fall.

Sincerely,
Karolos Papoulias

Zerinfriom
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zerinfriom » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:25 am

President Santiago was looking at the paper in front of him, It was a paper that he spent months working on, and now it is being assaulted by the conservatives of the country, the Expansion Party, and the eledged drug cartels in the north. He was facing a choice, he had the right too pass it, the President in the Federation had that much power, but he could only pass one thing without it going through the senate once a year, and the Parliament could easily make it null, and void. However, then again the senate was mostly controlled by his party, the Reconstructive Party, but Parliament was filled with the warmongering Expansionists. He was looking at the paper intently, hoping that he could make it stay in effect. He slowly picked up the pen, and began too sign his name slowly, and steadily, and before he knew it he was dine, and it was ready too be initiated into effect.

The Legalization Of Marijuana For The Private Use On One's Self Terms
*Marijuana is one allowed too persons ages 16 and up.
*Marijuana is only allowed with a doctor's permission, and if the person is older than the limit.
*Small Private dealers are allowed too open up for the selling of the drug, but only too people who avid by the first two rules.
*This does not mean other much more harmful drugs such as Cocaine, Bath Salts, and other very harmful sensitives are legalized if possession of these drugs are shown, then a legal drug bust is authorisised.
*If you buy any marijuana at the counter then you will have too pay a tax of 15%, and a monthly governmental tax of 100$ every third month.
OOC Information
Preference: Straight
Likes: Sea Food, Video Games, Talking to friends and Girls
Dislikes: Arguments, Boasting, Cheese mixed with food that cheese shouldn't be with
I lean to the left on social issues, I am moderate on Economic and foreign policy. I identify as a Liberal Socialist, but am more of a moderate.
Aliases Utilized by this account for different tech groups
The Demontronian Empire FT
The Zerinite Dominion PMT
The United Federated Republics of Zerinfriom MT regional
The United Dominion of Zerinfriom MT II
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse