NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC IX [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:18 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:Torsi, Bran, Tilt, Rocopurr:

What would you say to my editing my post to timeskip us to getting off the trolley or at least being on it already?

I have no complaints either way. Time skip would allow us to get there faster, and waiting would allow more chat. Honestly, though, timeskip sounds like the more appropriate choice.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:22 am

Torsiedelle wrote:

What would you say to my editing my post to timeskip us to getting off the trolley or at least being on it already?

I have no complaints either way. Time skip would allow us to get there faster, and waiting would allow more chat. Honestly, though, timeskip sounds like the more appropriate choice.

Alright, due to a variety of factors I'll timeskip us within an hour and a half. If anyone wishes to IC chat, walk, board the bus, etc. before then, go ahead.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Well I am off to sleep.

But before I go, I am going to leave a picture.

And with that said, I am off, will reply in the morning.

Open spaces: one thing I love about America.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Time skips:

I've noticed that most conversation posts revolve around the conversation which often makes it difficult to advance physically because people are hesitant to godmod other characters. There are times, however, when it's perfectly okay to move someone's character. Min, Tilt and Swith probably had a conversation here or in TG which went: Should we move them to the ship? Sure, next post. The result is a seamless transition rather than a jarring time skip:

Mincaldenteans wrote:It didn't take as long as Mezran thought it would to haul their cargo into the S.U.V. and something Rudolf had referred to as Hammerspace. Though the Klingon was curious how such a space existed and what dimension it was from to store so many large items, the Mezran didn't ask in the end, content in knowing that some things were just best left unasked. As long as they got their belongings and he could share a goblet of bloodwine later with his friends, the Klingon was content. He took a few pieces of targ meet from one of the smaller cases, it was lightly salted and cured, wrapped in thin paper and still moist when he bit into it. He offered it openly to his companions as he chewed happily while the S.U.V. thrummed its engines ready for lift off. The S.U.V. had taken off quickly and silently, and no Klingon would ever see it as he ascended into orbit where the Strumpet stayed, waiting for them.

Once in, their cargo was taken out of the incomprehensible space fold and the S.U.V. as well and Mezran stretched his legs a bit before following the rest to the bridge. The silent hum of the vessel was a familiar and pleasant sound and as much as he liked visiting Qo'Nos during its formative years, it was good to be back on a space vessel. He wondered what happened to his own vessel, the Hegh'Ta; perhaps one day he'll find out. Maybe they're back home, he mused as he stared out into endless space of countless stars, maintaining their vigil for the glory of the Empire. If only they knew the adventure they were missing out here...

Another example is a "leading post" in which one character moves and it's up to the other player to pick up on it and physically move their character to follow. This is what often stalls our IC. A character moves. Two other people remain in place and pick their noses (express their feelings or look at the walls, or perhaps start a new topic!) In this instance, Dani moved. It was up to me to pick up that movement and advance my characters to follow her.
The Drone Empire wrote:Dani acknowledged FUBAR's warnings, hesitating for but only a moment before making a rapid sprint across the water, watching her steps with caution as she crossed the chilled subterranean pool, towards the cave. She could feel her dirtied white dress soaking with water; the chill of such a deep, dark space was awakening, that much was certain, but she still felt the need to find warmer places. She yet again cursed her human nature, exposing her to such environmental hazards.

She made it to the entrance of the cave, looking back at the bank. She felt a strange discomfort behind her, paranoia warning her of some beastly creature, or horde of monsters, that would rush from the dark and swallow her whole. She turned back, but there was nothing but black.

The thing to remember is cap-move-recap or advance.
Mincaldenteans wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:[snip]...Let's go before anything else crops up."

“Bah,” Mezran responded with a dismissive gesture at the thought of timeline contamination, “Even if we did, we are hardly a page in the history books. Those tehqeq’pu are everywhere and it would be another century or two until the vermin is completely eradicated. And as for the fool,” he paused for a moment, giving though to the consequences of the fight and his actions against the old fool. In the end Mezran gave shrug and made an unpleasant face for a moment, “Maybe the petaQ will think twice to wax on false stories with that oily tongue of his. His punishment will by the guild and his own house will be enough. At least Ru’Hoff stayed my hand,” he grunted in admission; he would have slain the coward. Although living in shame was still a fate worse than death for a Klingon, Mezran would just have to take comfort in that knowledge.

Making their way out of Varth was uneventful. Already the streets were busy as usual, the city’s guards were lined on the walls, always at watch, and the citizens of the fair city were setting up shop while the children were dragged to whatever class they had to attend before noon. The air was crisp and light, the previous night's temperature lingering, though that too would turn to a humid as the day wore on. Mezran almost regretted having to leave the planet, but this was not his home, no matter how much he naturally fit in. Even if he stayed, he would have to be a recluse, caution to every action he took (tribble slaying not taken into account whatsoever) – and ultimately it would be too much, the Klingon would die in such exile. No, it was better he went back to his new home with his comrades and forge a history there.

“Tell me, my friends,” Mezran spoke up again as they exited the gates of Varth. The statues gleamed in the morning light, its bronze sheen gave a soft glow, “Do you have a metalsmith of sorts back home?” He was careful to leave out the name of Bielefeld in case any of the passing Klingons overheard them...

In that example, Min has capped the current conversation, moved the party, and then offered dialog that the other players can respond to in their next posts. The scene progresses or advances while still carrying the story's overarching thematic feel.

The trick to making it work is to read the posts, pick up on details provided, and react rather than trying to continue whatever the conversation was before a major relocation. There are times a character can harken back to a prior topic, but do so only if it benefits the story or group.

Marcus surveyed the cheerful clubhouse and Giovenith's welcoming smile. He settled onto the floor with the rest of the group and began to cut out paper shapes according to the godling's instructions. Something still niggled at the back of his mind, though. It was something she'd said in the lobby, and it weighed on him. He brushed aside the glitter littering the floor and then slid closer to her.

"Giovenith?" he ventured. "You mentioned [insert prior topic here]..."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Fvaar, please note that I will be going to work in an hour, so we may have to delay my post if I don't get it up by then, just letting you know. I'll try.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:23 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Fvaar, please note that I will be going to work in an hour, so we may have to delay my post if I don't get it up by then, just letting you know. I'll try.

No problemo. We will make this work.

All in Copycat Library Visit- post has been edited but is currently being RE-edited as Cer has good advice. Will be up in a few.
EDIT: Edit the Second up. Me about to take nap. Me respond. You not worry.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Likely won't have time to post, sorry, Fvaar. If it's possible, you guys could chat on the trolley ride, or walk for a little bit after getting off to kill time till' I get off work to post.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Likely won't have time to post, sorry, Fvaar. If it's possible, you guys could chat on the trolley ride, or walk for a little bit after getting off to kill time till' I get off work to post.

Got it. :)
@Rocopurr: post seen/read. I'm gong to wait for Torsi &/or Tilt to reply.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Alright, gotta' leave now. See you all in an indeterminate amount of time between 4-5 hours.

The Greater Dronid Union
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dronid Union » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Ill post tomorrow, got shit to do! :P
"Unified by Common Interest."
The Greater Dronid Union
Fear us not, for we have our own terrors.
>>FFT<<
The Downtrodden, Stagnated brethren of the Machine Demons
You can still call me Drone or Dani, or whatever. I don't care. :B

Still Machines, with added squishy DLC
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.
::::Initialize Troj.Ware <{ DRONE F a c t b o o k}

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm at my aunts house finally. Gonna be settling here for the summer and for college.

Did I miss Fvaar's event? Because I would love to join.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:33 pm

Fvaar, was the first thing Nick 'says' directed at Lilian? Because they're not touching, so she won't be able to receive the message.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Rocopurr wrote:Fvaar, was the first thing Nick 'says' directed at Lilian? Because they're not touching, so she won't be able to receive the message.

I will edit to have him touch her. Thanks!

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:39 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:Fvaar, was the first thing Nick 'says' directed at Lilian? Because they're not touching, so she won't be able to receive the message.

I will edit to have him touch her. Thanks!

Dirty mind is dirty.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:I will edit to have him touch her. Thanks!

Dirty mind is dirty.

It's a cat and a young humanoid girl... ;-; I don't even want to think about that.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:
Dirty mind is dirty.

It's a cat and a young humanoid girl... ;-; I don't even want to think about that.

:eek:

And that makes it all the worse.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:34 pm

Apologies for the AFK, phone died, edit up immediately

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Back from mah work, should I post now, Fvaar? Would he see the Trolley coming, or what?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:15 pm

You decide. Not going to be replying to anything IC until Monday night. :P
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm trying to see if I can get on a computer to post, so I won't be replying for an hour or two. Please don't go too far ahead with Copycat, thank you.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Back from mah work, should I post now, Fvaar? Would he see the Trolley coming, or what?

Now works; he probably can't see it quite yet but might hear it. What's needed is a fairly descriptive post so that we can get a general idea (and mental image) of your char.

@Rocopurr: Copycat doesn't seem to be moving fast at the moment. As the one whose character isn't currently sharing their thoughts with the other two, you're pretty safe not posting for a bit. If we move before you return for some reason I'll power play Lilian so that she sticks with the group.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Mental image?

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Okay I'm back! Celebrated Ramadan with a couple of my aunt's friends. They have two little kids. They were so cute and energetic. I watched Superman cartoons from the 60's with them. The food was also very good. Twas an awesome Ramadan.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:01 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Okay I'm back! Celebrated Ramadan with a couple of my aunt's friends. They have two little kids. They were so cute and energetic. I watched Superman cartoons from the 60's with them. The food was also very good. Twas an awesome Ramadan.

Sounds like an awesome time! :hug:
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:01 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Okay I'm back! Celebrated Ramadan with a couple of my aunt's friends. They have two little kids. They were so cute and energetic. I watched Superman cartoons from the 60's with them. The food was also very good. Twas an awesome Ramadan.

You're family's Muslim?

Interesting :p
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse