NATION

PASSWORD

BackStage - The Broken TypeWriter

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

BackStage - The Broken TypeWriter

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:46 am

Chicago Noir: Episode 1
The Broken Typewriter

(Main Out-of-Character Thread)
(IC Thread)

Spoilers ahead.

This is the Director's thread for the Broken Typwriter episode. If you intend to be or if you are the detective for this episode, please do not read this thread! In case you stumbled upon this thread by Accident...
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=297978
Link to original thread.

SCRIPT
Scene 1: Café
Detective Meets employer
They exchange information
Detective learns address of missing Secretary's home.

Scene 2:
Starts when Detective Visits the secretary's flat
Detective hopefully stars searching for clues and finds clues
While searching, Elaine (secretary's sister) arrives
Confrontation

Scene 3... WIP.

End of script (so far)

To the Cast:
Setting: Chicago, 1931, early winter
Here is the plot:
A secretary goes missing. Her employer hires a private detective to find her (he does not expect the police to find her). The only clue will be a missing typwriter (belonged to the secretary) and a young woman, the secretary's friend.
Whats really going on:
The Chicago Mob and the New york Mafia are at war (For whatever reason). The don of the Italian Mafia had 2 daughters. The younger daughter got fed up with the cosa nostra and decided to run away. She convinced her sister to come along. They both settled down in Chicago, where the younger daugher got a job as a secretary while the older fell in love with a mobster (from the chicago Mafia). Soon after, the war broke out between the 2 gangs and the chicago mafia found out about the younger daughter. They kidnapped her for obvious reasons.

The rest of the plot will be discussed here.

Underlined characters are taken!

0. - The Characters: - The significance of their roles - Their Motive (Subject To Change)
1. - Martin Romkey (The Secretary's Employer) - Minor -
2. - Karen Antonelli (The Missing Secretary) - Minor - Escape Captivity
3. - Elaine Johnson (The Secretary's Sister) - Major - Wants to save her sister
4. - Joseph "Joe" Kowalski - Minor - Make some Dough Bootlegging, Defeat The Italian Mafia
5. - Martin McCluskey (The Crooked cop) - Major - Wants to find and kidnap the other daughter

6. - The Italian Mafioso - Minor - also searching for the 2 girls. May follow the detective around...
7. - Haywire - Minor - Friend of the detective. Make money selling underground information.
8. -

Side Characters:
- Machine Shop Clerk (witnessed the kidnapping)
- The 3 Mobsters who kidnapped the Secretary
- Terry Jones - Extra mobster

-
-
-

All plot-Improving Ideas are welcome! The story is open-ended. You may change the motive of your character as you see fit. You may suggest Adding new/Removing characters aswell.

Application:
Code: Select all
Name:
Role:
Appearance:
Bio/background:
Skills:
Weaknesses:

The more important your character is, the more information you should provide about him.
Please do not meta-game. Pretend as best you can to ignore information you aren't supposed to know about. If anything is unclear, ask Questions from me!

Locations (WIP)
Detective's Office
Secretary's Office
Secretary's home
Police Station - (Crooked Cop's place?)
Speakeasy - (Haywire's Place?)
Warehouse - Where the mob keeps the kidnapped girl
Mobster's Mansion
Machine shop - The place the secretary went before getting kidnapped. Shop clerk's place.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:41 am, edited 21 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:58 am

I almost forgot to mention, In case its not clear, members of the cast are supposed to create the "style" of the character they apply for themselves. (I won't be giving you instructions on how your character is supposed to act.)
Also, forgive me for the poor grammar, Spell check wont work again.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 am

Name: Will 'Haywire' Parmenter
Role: Friend of the detective and informant
Appearance:

Bio/background: WIP
Skills: Very smart, and he knows everything there is to know about Chicago gangs.
Weaknesses: He talks too much. He is very slow to catch on to things, and is sometimes clumsy.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:01 am

Gibberan wrote:Name: Will 'Haywire' Parmenter
Appearance:
Skills: Very smart, and he knows everything there is to know about Chicago gangs.
Weaknesses: He talks too much. He is very slow to catch on to things, and is sometimes clumsy.

You were the one who wanted to be the detective's sidekick, right?
If so, perhaps we should reclassify your character as a "main" with minor role.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

RP Puppet
Envoy

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RP Puppet » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 am

Tag
Former puppet, now main nation. Call me RPP.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:03 am

RP Puppet wrote:Tag

TAG!
Now you are it!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:04 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Gibberan wrote:Name: Will 'Haywire' Parmenter
Appearance:

You were the one who wanted to be the detective's sidekick, right?
If so, perhaps we should reclassify your character as a "main" with minor role.

YES PLEASE YES
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Alright now that I am on the right thread.Can I be the mobsters that the detective will have to fight.
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:15 pm

Morrow den wrote:Alright now that I am on the right thread.Can I be the mobsters that the detective will have to fight.

Yes indeed, How significant role do you want?

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:17 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Morrow den wrote:Alright now that I am on the right thread.Can I be the mobsters that the detective will have to fight.

Yes indeed, How significant role do you want?

Lets go with a minor role
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

I think this music would fit well for this episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDKoY-_6 ... CA&index=3

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Yes indeed, How significant role do you want?

Lets go with a minor role

You could be character 4. - The Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend. A Minor Role. However, there is a chance that you won't get to fight the Detective as him.
You could also apply as a generic badguy mobster side character. The side characters will have very little role but they will certanly get to fight the detective!

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Morrow den wrote:Lets go with a minor role

You could be character 4. - The Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend. A Minor Role. However, there is a chance that you won't get to fight the Detective as him.
You could also apply as a generic badguy mobster side character. The side characters will have very little role but they will certanly get to fight the detective!

Alright I will be the generic bad guy mobster can he have a name.
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Alright I will be the generic bad guy mobster can he have a name.

Of course!
You can provide as much information about him as you want. You could also Roleplay multiple mobsters.

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Morrow den wrote:Alright I will be the generic bad guy mobster can he have a name.

Of course!
You can provide as much information about him as you want. You could also Roleplay multiple mobsters.

I am going to go with three mobsters.One will be the brute of the group.The other on will be the smart one.The third one will be the one who gets beat up first :p
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Of course!

I am going to go with three mobsters.One will be the brute of the group.The other on will be the smart one.The third one will be the one who gets beat up first :p

Okay, I think these mobsters could be the ones who kidnap the secretary and guard her in a warehouse...

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Morrow den wrote:I am going to go with three mobsters.One will be the brute of the group.The other on will be the smart one.The third one will be the one who gets beat up first :p

Okay, I think these mobsters could be the ones who kidnap the secretary and guard her in a warehouse...

Alright I will have an app up for the guy who gets beat up first in about 5 minutes.Depends if I get distracted by the TV
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Morrow den wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Alright I will have an app up for the guy who gets beat up first in about 5 minutes.Depends if I get distracted by the TV

No need to hurry. It will probably take at least 2 days to start the RP, and than another 5 days to get to the part where the mobsters fight the Detective...

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Name:Stan "Acciai" Gallo
Role:Side Character
Appearance:http://www.oyacostumes.com/core/media/media.nl?id=30348&c=685728&h=4b995596e1681b1f4281
Bio/Background:He gets his nickname from the Italian word meaning "Axe man" from murdering a witness with an axe who was trying to tell the police about the mobs secret hideouts.Other than that he is pretty low on the mobs rank but was able to assist in kidnapping the secretary because of his knowledge of the job she worked at.
Skills:Skilled in close quarters combat.Carries brass knuckles and a pistol.
Weakness:He is a low level mobster and isn't very strong and can not take much pain before breaking.

OOC:I present you the guy who gets beat up first.
My old sig cringe

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:29 pm

Morrow den wrote:Name:Stan "Acciai" Gallo
Appearance:http://www.oyacostumes.com/core/media/media.nl?id=30348&c=685728&h=4b995596e1681b1f4281
Bio/Background:He gets his nickname from the Italian word meaning "Axe man" from murdering a witness with an axe who was trying to tell the police about the mobs secret hideouts.Other than that he is pretty low on the mobs rank but was able to assist in kidnapping the secretary because of his knowledge of the job she worked at.
Weakness:He is a low level mobster and isn't very strong and can not take much pain before breaking.

So far so good!

Morrow den
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morrow den » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
Morrow den wrote:Name:Stan "Acciai" Gallo

So far so good!

I will go into better detail with the other two but that one was the quickest since he was the one who will be in it the least.
My old sig cringe

RP Puppet
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RP Puppet » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 pm

I had an idea of playing as a Polish Jewish second generation immigrant mobster, named Joe Kowalzsky. I work the entire day tomorrow, but I'm free on Monday and will most likely have an app up by then, since I already have most of his bio ready.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:45 pm

RP Puppet wrote:I had an idea of playing as a Polish Jewish second generation immigrant mobster, named Joe Kowalzsky. I work the entire day tomorrow, but I'm free on Monday and will most likely have an app up by then, since I already have most of his bio ready.

Perhaps the "Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend" would be a fitting role for your character. He is an influential man in the chicago mob/maffia.

RP Puppet
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby RP Puppet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 am

Harkback Union wrote:
RP Puppet wrote:I had an idea of playing as a Polish Jewish second generation immigrant mobster, named Joe Kowalzsky. I work the entire day tomorrow, but I'm free on Monday and will most likely have an app up by then, since I already have most of his bio ready.

Perhaps the "Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend" would be a fitting role for your character. He is an influential man in the chicago mob/maffia.

Perhaps. If I can manage such a major character. Anyway:

Name: Joseph "Joe" Kowalski
Role: Mobster/Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend
Appearance:

Bio/background: Born by Polish-Jewish immigrants and grew up in the poor parts of town. He often skipped school. Instead he provided himself by working as a paperboy and pickpocketing. His home was not a good environment for a small boy, so he often took to the streets, where he often got into fights, which he soon got good at. As a teenager he started with moonshining for personal use, which his friends soon find out about, and became loyal customers. The money was good, and he kept brewing as an adult. When the probition started he expanded his business, and even begun to smuggle finer spirits over the Canadian border along with a gang of trusted companions. This is where he is now, on the way to build his own criminal empire.
Skills: Good fighter, fists of steel. Lucky. Economical sense above average.
Weaknesses: Very suspicious towards strangers. Somewhat clumsy socially.
Last edited by RP Puppet on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:23 am

RP Puppet wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Perhaps. If I can manage such a major character. Anyway:

Name: Joseph "Joe" Kowalski
Role: Mobster/Secretary's Sister's Mobster Boyfriend
Appearance:

Bio/background: Born by Polish-Jewish immigrants and grew up in the poor parts of town. He often skipped school. Instead he provided himself by working as a paperboy and pickpocketing. His home was not a good environment for a small boy, so he often took to the streets, where he often got into fights, which he soon got good at. As a teenager he started with moonshining for personal use, which his friends soon find out about, and became loyal customers. The money was good, and he kept brewing as an adult. When the probition started he expanded his business, and even begun to smuggle finer spirits over the Canadian border along with a gang of trusted companions. This is where he is now, on the way to build his own criminal empire.
Skills: Good fighter, fists of steel. Lucky. Economical sense above average.
Weaknesses: Very suspicious towards strangers. Somewhat clumsy socially.

Perfect!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse