NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VIII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 am

Tiltjuice wrote:Trying to break a writer's block plus re-reading a couple of excellent, excellent second-person narratives on FFNET led to this.

The whitewash clashes with the muddy brown in the clear plastic cup. It's an absurd thought, but it goes away easily. The straightforwardness that you bring to any encounter helps a great deal with focusing and re-centering yourself.

A quick sip from the specimen container leads into a furrow of a coppery brow at the god sitting next to you. It's not in any way a mark of criticism or disbelief (that would be the questioning arch). It's amusement that drives your expression now, at one of the many stories conjured up during the time you've spent here. A long while, as well; as you predicted, the sun is starting to come up, though the light is weak still in late winter. And in a sense, you can identify with that.

Ever since you quit, you've been adrift. Not knowing what to do or where to go has been quite a shock to the system. You were never a believer. Not in the way that the rambunctious, lively blonde was. Or even - a sharp chuckle escapes you, though you disguise it as choking on a mouthful of coffee - the mild-mannered one you recruited. There's something holding you back. But not the aristocrat. So what is it? It doesn't matter.

For now - like the sun and the season - it's beyond your control.

With time, you'll figure it out.

And so - you turn back to the one next to you, and consider. Just as ageless as you once were. One of the few who's willing to watch Time fly by on invisible wings. Whatever there is between you, and however much there is of it, you conclude, mostly boils down to the night in the warehouse. You're not one for symbolism, usually. Blunt is as blunt thinks. But there's something to be said for your acceptance of his true form, and the way he chose to enter.

Was it Fate's way of showing you that maybe amorphousness might not be such a bad thing? They're both so capricious that you think it just might. The paragon of determinism, suggesting that self-direction is the top of the charts. An ironic grin curves your lips, and this time you don't bother hiding it.

Stop godmoddimg me!!!

:p

Very nicely written.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 30, 2014 8:53 am

Arastold wrote:
Hi, I'm a newbie to Forum Roleplaying, I've done very little in terms of it. Also I say it right now, my command of the English language isn't very amazing, even though I'm a native english speaker.

Your NS Nation's Nickname:The Kingdom of Arastold

Character Name: “Lord” Jason Remus Darkblade

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human: From another universe

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):

Disheveled shoulder length black hair that is usually in a ponytail, grayish blue eyes, slightly arced eyebrows, thin lips that are generally scowling, pale skin. Generally wears loose black pants and loose black long-sleeve shirt, he occasionally wears chain-mail, he mostly wears boots, except for when he is in a more modern setting. On both arms he has tattoos, on his left arm it is a fire snake wrapped around his arm, on the right arm it is another snake, this time made out of shadows. There is also a third tattoo on his back which is a black scythe with a clock on it surrounded by black flames. He is 6' 2 and weighs around 195 pounds. He appears to be somewhere between 16 and 21.

URL to Character Picture, if any:

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
Swordsmanship: He can use swords semi-well: 2 points
Character Unique Skills(if any):
Universal Jumping: A passive ability that activates when he is about to suffer immediate death. 3 Points
Character Powers (if any):
PyroKinesis/genesis/fire immunity: He has the ability to create, manipulate, and be immune to fire: 5 Points
UmbraKinesis: He has the ability to control the shadows: 2 Points

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Social Ineptitude, usage of powers expends him, often making it so that he needs to sleep for almost an entire day.

Character Background/Biography:

Much of Jason's past is pretty much irrelevant, let's just say that his family is different from other noble families from his universe in that they would work with the commoners and actually remember their roots when they were'nt dukes. His story begins when he was 14, he had came home from swordsmanship classes to find his parents dead. Afterwords he and his brother, Jared Darkblade took over House Darkblade as his Father distinctively stated that, no matter what, they were to succeed him(inheritance for his family goes to the oldest living member of the dynasty, which was Jason's cousin). Three years later, during a speech Jared Darkblade was killed by an unknown assassin. A year later it was said that Jason used a scroll of universal-travel to teleport him to another universe. In actuality, Chaos, the god of Anarchy, Madness, Discord and Carnage, had shoved Jason into a portal that granted him the ability to Dimension Jump, or “jump” to a different universe. And so, Jason is forced to travel all of reality, until destiny says he come back to his home universe: Prae.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Because he almost got killed in another universe, and is now located here, he is currently unemployed.

URL to Apartment Picture:
N/A

Link to RP examples: Sorry, don't have anything.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character.

“Lord” Jason Remus Darkblade is an poor soul who is now being forced to travel from one universe to another, virtually immortal, mostly because he is just really hard to kill. He is extremely elusive, so don't expect him to appear that often.

It's a nice concept and you've done well in balancing him out with flaws. Here are a few things that might not work due to our current setting:

You'll need to identify which chaos god or make one up. (We have five in the thread, six if you count Loki's cameos.) Eris, Set and Tau are off-limits.

"UmbraKinesis: He has the ability to control the shadows: 2 Points".
2 points still leaves him as "meh"; there are other characters who control shadows and he might find it difficult to wrestle control from them. It could also lead to excellent comedy moments as you yank away the shadow to reveal the other character sitting on the can.

"Universal Jumping: A passive ability that activates when he is about to suffer immediate death. 3 Points"
Characters can and do die in PL. Many don't stay permanently dead and the revival leads to fun adventure. That said, there are characters who can create pocket universes and drop other characters into them. These spheres are inescapable even if death is certain (character run by CoOP and used to prevent newer players from seriously screwing up.) There is a downside to this as well. What qualifies as immediate death? Fate decides. You're in a car collision and you're pulled from the universe moments before impact - vs - you're in a car collision with a Conservator and a healing god; the Conservator stops time and the healing god instantly restores. In that instance, and as OP/Ref, I'd say that Fate was unaware of the Conservator and god's preceding actions (because you might be unaware of their abilities) and has pulled you out of the setting (game universe) a few moments ahead of the Conservator (who answers to Fate) and the god (who is above Fate) doing their thing.

Can you provide a RP example for this situation:
Darkblade awoke to find himself laying on a carefully manicured lawn in the middle of a strange land. Laughter drifted on the wind as passersby continued their evening stroll down the street. A trolly bell chimed in the distance. He wasn't alone on the grass however. A man was perched on the white picket fence seperating the yard from the street proper. He was dressed in a grey wool Nazi uniform and pointing an archaic Luger at Darkblade.

"Who are you?" he inquired. "I usually like to know the trespasser's name before I shoot them."
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri May 30, 2014 9:11 am

So who's going to go on Kei's adventure thing? I'd prefer under 10 characters.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 30, 2014 9:20 am

The BranRiech wrote:So who's going to go on Kei's adventure thing? I'd prefer under 10 characters.

Could you explain it a bit?
Times are looking grim these days~

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri May 30, 2014 9:48 am

Terintania wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:So who's going to go on Kei's adventure thing? I'd prefer under 10 characters.

Could you explain it a bit?

To build on top of that, what's needed also? Is there a specific challenge we're going to face, a caveat?

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 am

There'll be light combat that everyone can do (Easily killable mooks) , and maybe some tougher stuff. I'll take anyone who wants to go.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 30, 2014 10:00 am

I'd probably consider, but I'm also willing to let someone else go instead of one of my characters.

Hello. Lava lamps are groovy.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 30, 2014 10:02 am

The BranRiech wrote:There'll be light combat that everyone can do (Easily killable mooks) , and maybe some tougher stuff. I'll take anyone who wants to go.

I may have Leroy go. I kind of feel like playing him

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Fri May 30, 2014 11:01 am

Last day of high school. Just hanging out, searching the interwebz. An hour to go and I'll be free at last!
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri May 30, 2014 11:10 am

Here you go Bran:

Code: Select all
[b][size=120]Story Interest Form[/size][/b]
Ref:
Genre:
Story name:
How many players needed:
Restrictions (no magic, etc):
Will characters face death:
How long do you expect it to run:
Short overview:

Feel free to copy the coding.

Example:
Story Interest Form
Ref: Cer
Genre: horror
Story name: Tendril
How many players needed: 4
Restrictions (no magic, etc): none
Will characters face death: Yup
How long do you expect it to run: one weekend
Short overview: This horror story will take place over a weekend. It can run at the same time other stories are going. It's a psychological thriller so I need players who can read for content and base their replies on what I've posted. Hoping players blitz post Sat and Sun evenings.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri May 30, 2014 11:29 am

Story Interest Form
Ref: Branriech
Genre: Action, adventure-ey
Story name: Saving Kei
How many players needed: 8 and under.
Restrictions (no magic, etc):
Will characters face death: Yes, but death will just cause ejection from the world back into the apartment, or it shall be possible to save them at a later point.
How long do you expect it to run: A few days, I'm fine with blitzing, but not too much.
Short overview: After being taken by an old enemy of Kei, the goddess needs to be rescued by her friends and acquaintances from the apartment, fighting the forces of evil.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri May 30, 2014 11:38 am

Only problem with having Leroy join, is that I have no idea how he of all people would end up getting mixed up in that.

Arastold
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arastold » Fri May 30, 2014 11:59 am

Cerillium wrote:
Arastold wrote:
Hi, I'm a newbie to Forum Roleplaying, I've done very little in terms of it. Also I say it right now, my command of the English language isn't very amazing, even though I'm a native english speaker.

Your NS Nation's Nickname:The Kingdom of Arastold

Character Name: “Lord” Jason Remus Darkblade

Character Gender: Male

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human: From another universe

Character Physical Description (height, weight, apparent age, actual age):

Disheveled shoulder length black hair that is usually in a ponytail, grayish blue eyes, slightly arced eyebrows, thin lips that are generally scowling, pale skin. Generally wears loose black pants and loose black long-sleeve shirt, he occasionally wears chain-mail, he mostly wears boots, except for when he is in a more modern setting. On both arms he has tattoos, on his left arm it is a fire snake wrapped around his arm, on the right arm it is another snake, this time made out of shadows. There is also a third tattoo on his back which is a black scythe with a clock on it surrounded by black flames. He is 6' 2 and weighs around 195 pounds. He appears to be somewhere between 16 and 21.

URL to Character Picture, if any:

(12 points to spend, no single power over 8. FLAWS must be applied to characters with powers)
Physical Attributes (if any above normal mortal human):
Swordsmanship: He can use swords semi-well: 2 points
Character Unique Skills(if any):
Universal Jumping: A passive ability that activates when he is about to suffer immediate death. 3 Points
Character Powers (if any):
PyroKinesis/genesis/fire immunity: He has the ability to create, manipulate, and be immune to fire: 5 Points
UmbraKinesis: He has the ability to control the shadows: 2 Points

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Social Ineptitude, usage of powers expends him, often making it so that he needs to sleep for almost an entire day.

Character Background/Biography:

Much of Jason's past is pretty much irrelevant, let's just say that his family is different from other noble families from his universe in that they would work with the commoners and actually remember their roots when they were'nt dukes. His story begins when he was 14, he had came home from swordsmanship classes to find his parents dead. Afterwords he and his brother, Jared Darkblade took over House Darkblade as his Father distinctively stated that, no matter what, they were to succeed him(inheritance for his family goes to the oldest living member of the dynasty, which was Jason's cousin). Three years later, during a speech Jared Darkblade was killed by an unknown assassin. A year later it was said that Jason used a scroll of universal-travel to teleport him to another universe. In actuality, Chaos, the god of Anarchy, Madness, Discord and Carnage, had shoved Jason into a portal that granted him the ability to Dimension Jump, or “jump” to a different universe. And so, Jason is forced to travel all of reality, until destiny says he come back to his home universe: Prae.

Why the character is in Bielefeld/Occupation: Because he almost got killed in another universe, and is now located here, he is currently unemployed.

URL to Apartment Picture:
N/A

Link to RP examples: Sorry, don't have anything.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character.

“Lord” Jason Remus Darkblade is an poor soul who is now being forced to travel from one universe to another, virtually immortal, mostly because he is just really hard to kill. He is extremely elusive, so don't expect him to appear that often.

It's a nice concept and you've done well in balancing him out with flaws. Here are a few things that might not work due to our current setting:

You'll need to identify which chaos god or make one up. (We have five in the thread, six if you count Loki's cameos.) Eris, Set and Tau are off-limits.

2 points still leaves him as "meh"; there are other characters who control shadows and he might find it difficult to wrestle control from them. It could also lead to excellent comedy moments as you yank away the shadow to reveal the other character sitting on the can.

"Universal Jumping: A passive ability that activates when he is about to suffer immediate death. 3 Points"
Characters can and do die in PL. Many don't stay permanently dead and the revival leads to fun adventure. That said, there are characters who can create pocket universes and drop other characters into them. These spheres are inescapable even if death is certain (character run by CoOP and used to prevent newer players from seriously screwing up.) There is a downside to this as well. What qualifies as immediate death? Fate decides. You're in a car collision and you're pulled from the universe moments before impact - vs - you're in a car collision with a Conservator and a healing god; the Conservator stops time and the healing god instantly restores. In that instance, and as OP/Ref, I'd say that Fate was unaware of the Conservator and god's preceding actions (because you might be unaware of their abilities) and has pulled you out of the setting (game universe) a few moments ahead of the Conservator (who answers to Fate) and the god (who is above Fate) doing their thing.

Darkblade awoke to find himself laying on a carefully manicured lawn in the middle of a strange land. Laughter drifted on the wind as passersby continued their evening stroll down the street. A trolly bell chimed in the distance. He wasn't alone on the grass however. A man was perched on the white picket fence seperating the yard from the street proper. He was dressed in a grey wool Nazi uniform and pointing an archaic Luger at Darkblade.

"Who are you?" he inquired. "I usually like to know the trespasser's name before I shoot them."

1: The Chaos god in question is from his universe, and his name is quite literally Chaos, I know, it's not very creative.

2: They way how I see immediate death is when there is no way for the character to come back to life, so Jason, going by that version of immediate death would not be happening so no universal jumping.

3: RP Example:

Upon hearing the man I jumped up and got to my feet and wiped some of the dirt and grass off of me. I then replied with "Lord Jason Darkblade, why do you ask? Also where exactly am I? The last thing I remember was lying on the ground about to have my head chopped off. Although, I would like to know the name of my would be executioner, so who are you?" After I asked this I attempted to grab my sword from it's sheath, before realizing, that it was knocked out of my hand during that battle that nearly killed me.

"Scheisse! I lost my sword. Well, now I can't properly defend myself, so are you going kill an unarmed man? Do you not have any sense of honor?"

I then had started to slowly back away saying "In interest of not getting killed I'll leave you alone, OK? Also, sorry for the Orcish, wait, I don't think you even know any Praetian Orcish, nevermind. Anyways, I'll shut up now."

Motoneuron
Attaché

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Motoneuron » Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Motoneuron wrote:Oh, I thought they had said there wouldn't be death unless they did something really stupid. It didn't seem like this fell under that. If theres a significant chance of that then I guess I wouldn't do it.

I take it you didn't see Cer's post in which he tried really hard to kill off characters in the bank using dice rolls and only RL canine intervention saved the party? Note that it's in the bank where (as far as everyone knows) there's no enemies.

Death takes no sides. *raspy raspy raspy*

That sounded like humor to me. First of all its an amsing story and second if he really wanted to kill people hed have just rerolled or done it.
<3 Loving Mate of New Aksarben<3

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Fri May 30, 2014 12:57 pm

suppose I should make the SCP event thing for the new story app thing.

Story Interest Form
Ref: New Aksarben
Genre: action, mystery, other genre of the whole SCP theme
Story name: SCP Monsters
How many players needed: any number who wish to join, minimum like 2-4 I suppose. The characters can drop out between SCP objects too.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): I would prefer no god characters/powers, ones that can end the events before they're even really a threat.
Will characters face death: yes, especially if they make dumb mistakes, and there's no contingencies not make sure they can come back as they'll be SCP objects appearing in/around the city
How long do you expect it to run: A few days whenever I have an SCP object show up, and a week or more for the final/largest SCP, which is SCP-682
Short overview: Unusual objects and beings are appearing around the city,likely drawn in by the imbalance of magic and other things in the area of the building. The people of the Building are encountering them every so often, leading to strange and potentially deadly or mindaltering little adventures and stories
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Ooooo, format stuff! That helps a bunch.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri May 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Arastold wrote:
Cerillium wrote:It's a nice concept and you've done well in balancing him out with flaws. Here are a few things that might not work due to our current setting:

1: The Chaos god in question is from his universe, and his name is quite literally Chaos, I know, it's not very creative.

2: They way how I see immediate death is when there is no way for the character to come back to life, so Jason, going by that version of immediate death would not be happening so no universal jumping.

3: RP Example:

Upon hearing the man I jumped up and got to my feet and wiped some of the dirt and grass off of me. I then replied with "Lord Jason Darkblade, why do you ask? Also where exactly am I? The last thing I remember was lying on the ground about to have my head chopped off. Although, I would like to know the name of my would be executioner, so who are you?" After I asked this I attempted to grab my sword from it's sheath, before realizing, that it was knocked out of my hand during that battle that nearly killed me.

"Scheisse! I lost my sword. Well, now I can't properly defend myself, so are you going kill an unarmed man? Do you not have any sense of honor?"

I then had started to slowly back away saying "In interest of not getting killed I'll leave you alone, OK? Also, sorry for the Orcish, wait, I don't think you even know any Praetian Orcish, nevermind. Anyways, I'll shut up now."

Hi! I'm Swith, one of the CoOPs. Nice application. :)

This might help some. viewtopic.php?p=19150009#p19150009

The reason I bring this up is that pantheons all know of each other. My chaos god would be aware of who your chaos god is although he might be aware of my pantheon because they've chosen to remain hidden in that dimension. I'd like to make certain there isn't any conflict IC (in the IC thread) because of that. It wouldn't have any bearing on anything unless you chose to refer to him or your character needs his power in order to do things, really. We're balancing a lot of pantheons in PL, including the Abrahamic one, Cthulhu, some Egyptian and Norse, and some anime or other genre pantheons. Plus we have god characters. Niiiiightmare sometimes. :p

We're also third person, past-tense.

Okay peeps, I'm off to go look at some houses. Keep your fingers crossed that one of them meets expectations!
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Arastold
Secretary

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arastold » Fri May 30, 2014 3:04 pm

I realized that you guys were third person after I had wrote the RP Example, even though I spent some reading on the setting. It was an honest mistake.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri May 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Arastold wrote:I realized that you guys were third person after I had wrote the RP Example, even though I spent some reading on the setting. It was an honest mistake.

That's alright! It happens.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri May 30, 2014 4:18 pm

I was going to bitch about doing yard work today...

Then I remembered this
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Borksmiclen
Secretary

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Borksmiclen » Fri May 30, 2014 5:30 pm

I noticed this, and I've had a really minor story in mind for some time. I figured that I'd run it by you? At this point it's more of an application than a means of advertising the story.

Additionally, I'm not sure what you actually define as a story or an event for these purposes. This is basically amusing character development for Nick, with others interacting as desired.
Story Interest Form
Ref: Fvaar (me)- but almost certainly unneeded. There won't be any stating outcomes of actions beyond normal reactions of Nick and things happening to him if Nick isn't the one causing or influencing said outcome. Example:
Genre: Comedy, SF
Story name: Copycat
How many players needed: Unlimited. Can swap in and out at will, depending in circumstances. However, I probably wouldn't exceed 8 characters at a time, and Nick not only can't talk to many people simultaneously, he doesn't typically interact with more than one or two at a time. Minimum therefore is one person.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): If anyone has a suggestion, lemme know.
Will characters face death: Extremely unlikely, but theoretically possible if something were to go horribly wrong; if running concurrent to/in conjunction with another story, risk of coming close to death due to participation in this story could be slightly higher IF the other is something that would REALLY stress Nick out. FOB, for example, would be such a story. And we're talking an increase from under a hundredth of a percent to around a tenth of a percent chance, and the odds are quite good that even then you'll pull through.
How long do you expect it to run: Between a few days and a few weeks of IC time. The trope in question is going to be very thoroughly played with. Also, it could start no earlier than a week from now.
Short overview: Nick gets something, probably a comic book, from the library and runs into this trope. As a result, he tries it out, with comical results due largely to his physiology. Said trope will be thoroughly played with/explored. (As a sampling: placebo effect, issue with less skin available for communication, possibility of using power on self by accident... Feel free to suggest others.)

The thing is, Nick is a bit insecure, and likely to seek advice and such from others... Which us where you guys come in. This is also intended to forward Nick's character development and provide info on multiple facets of who he is.

Again, not sure if this qualifies as an event; regardless, I still feel that I need approval to run it, and hence I'm asking. Thank you for your time! :)
_->>
Controlled by same user as Fvaarniimar
To avoid confusion, please refer to me as "Fvaar" OOC.
Will return:.. may check in with Fvaarniimar occasionally and intending/hoping to post with Borksmiclen early Halloween 15. Other than that, up in the air. TG Fvaarniimar.
Demonym: Bomic. An alternate reality version of this nation is experiencing the zombie apocalypse.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri May 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Well, I might want to run one of my plots by the story app too... It probably won't involve other players, depends on who is interested.

Story Interest Form
Ref: TNEL
Genre: Action, war.
Story name: The Summer Revolution
How many players needed: Might be an implied story, unless anyone feels like joining in.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): None, although god-like characters would somewhat dampen it and make it rather easy to finish.
Will characters face death: Yes, although it'd be rather unlikely, seeing as the opposing force is comprised of poorly-equipped, poorly-trained, and outnumbered conscripts.
How long do you expect it to run: A few weeks, probably.
Short overview: A terrorist group from the neighboring micro-country of Reiltam has temporarily thrown Tinell's government and military for the loop and forced them out of the capital. The players would join Cerril and various other Tinellian leaders in a reclamation campaign, eventually recapturing T'nell. This will serve as an introduction to Tinellian culture and ways of war, as well as a brief meeting with Cerril's mother and Tinell's founder, Crysal Iracue./ If nobody is interested: Cerril would be sent off to war and the story would be told via his twin sister, Sherril, who would be staying in Bielefield during his absence.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvilLand on Fri May 30, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 pm

:? I was wondering if a story like what Fvaar just brought up was good. I had something written up earlier, deleted it, went to play games.

Story Interest Form
Ref: Torsiedelle
Genre: Comedy, Romance, etc.
Story name: Torii's First Time...Driving?, Torii Likes Girls...and Boys?
How many players needed: varies, not sure yet.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): N/A
Will characters face death: 99.999% chance not to.
How long do you expect it to run: no definite times. It can be like any other IC scene or interaction, just something to change things up.
Short overview: Katya doesn't have a car, and Torii doesn't know how to drive. Being from a rich family, Katya decides "why not?" to buying two cars! She can't seem to help Torii with driving, hhese owever, and Torii is getting frustrated.

Katya and Torii have a talk, and Katya brings up an argument: "If I turned out to like boys and girls, then why not you, too?", to which Torii walks out. Katya's argument doesn't escape her, and she eventually has to act on it or else she'll go crazy. She tries asking a boy out on a date.

Both of these can still be tweaked, turned around, or even taken out, and one most likely will, but I still want to have them ready for how. On top of these two minor events, I had one or two I brought up before, but didn't feel comfortable putting in the form yet, since I don't want to clutter it up for everybody else's events, and I won't mind if they're rejected or delayed.

Story Interest Form
Ref:
Genre: Life, Teen stuff
Story name: Rock Concert
How many players needed: anyone can take part, but I wanted to make one geared towards the teens.
Restrictions (no magic, etc): Just no killing
Will characters face death: No
How long do you expect it to run: a day, IC
Short overview: A concert is in town, and the band playing is one that all the Teens can appreciate. Torii, wanting to make up to everyone for ruining the carnival, begs her sister and buys tickets for the club. The teens, or those who choose, go and spend the day partying, flirting, playing together, and bonding.

With this, I'm open to collaborating and working with other players (mainly those playing Teens, and Co-OPs) to flesh out the concert, the band, and any other things that happen. Did I mention that I was interested in seeing bullies again? Who knows, maybe they could show up, or maybe some other time. I just liked that they posed a threat to the Teens.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri May 30, 2014 7:08 pm

I made this! Really proud of it, wanted to share.

Anywho, I like the format thing so far. Usually when hearing about adventures, it's difficult to piece together exactly what's going on. But this new thing is good, I like it.
she/her

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Giovenith wrote:I made this! Really proud of it, wanted to share.

Anywho, I like the format thing so far. Usually when hearing about adventures, it's difficult to piece together exactly what's going on. But this new thing is good, I like it.

Holy crap, Gio, that's good.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse