NATION

PASSWORD

The West Pacific Embassy, Coffee Shop and Tavern

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2004
Libertarian Police State

The West Pacific Embassy, Coffee Shop and Tavern

Postby All Good People » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am

The West Pacific Dispatch, Foreign Affairs Update,
Time Warp Edition, Circa Winter 2014
(February - March 2014)

People of NationStates, REJOICE! The FA department at TWP has had a budget increase sufficient to light the oil lamps necessary to light our dusty backroom, the TWP update is here! (And the Delegate got tired of waiting for FA to do it's job, so finished it himself)

- Current Government of The West Pacific:

Delegate and Guardians:
Note: The Guardians are appointed and serve at the leisure of the Delegate to protect the region and it's Delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.
The Grand Inquisitor, Westwind of All Good People

The Cardinal Guardian of the Eternal Dungeons, Yy4u
The Cardinal Guardian of Chocolate Righteousness, Darkesia
The Cardinal Guardian Protector of the West, Wickedly Evil People
The Cardinal Guardian of the Most Evil, Bhang Bhang Duc

Non-World Assembly Delegate TAO the Watcher, Unquestioning Raconteur of the West.

Regional Assembly:

The Holy Grand Assembly of the West
The Bishop of the Grand Assembly,Benjamin Mark (Simple Country)

TWP Military:

The Knights of the Sacred Order of the West (Military)
Champion Commander of the Knights of the Sacred Order, Archsium

Holy Ministries of the Sacred Order:

For World Assembly Affairs, Douria
For Foreign Affairs, Intelligent Holograms
For Interior Affairs, Vulcan Prime

Holy Judiciary of The West Pacific:

Honorable Holy Chief Justice, Prison Grove

- The Birth of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium

In an unexpected announcement, Delegate All Good People announced a change in the structure and theme of the government of The West Pacific Imperium.

*raises his hands to the heavens in supplication before turning to stand before the region*

My friends and fellow nations of The West Pacific.

I have proposed and offered the opportunity for the region to vote upon the adoption of The Sacred Order to lead and guide our great region and government into the vast reaches of the future that lay ahead of us. I, the Delegate of The West Pacific and Imperator of The Imperium, along with the Guardians, and with a vote of 23 in favor to 12 against, have opted to agree to this adoption.

The Government of The West Pacific remains the Imperium, there is no change there with the exception that I will adopt new titles for those positions within my authority. I ask The Concillium to consider my proposed name change to The Holy Grand Assembly of The West, with the Speaker's title to become The Bishop of The Grand Assembly. I recognize The Concillium's right to consider it's own name.

We have been having this discussion about ways to increase activity in our region here in the Holy Ministry for Domestic Affairs. A regional theme is one means by which to achieve this. Take a look at the use of a theme in Lazarus as a recent example. Or look to the longevity of the NPO. Or the successful works to bring activity to a dead NationStates with The Crimson Order and others. Look to our fellow GCRs. In addition to Lazarus and The Pacific; Balder has its Nordic theme, Osiris has its Egyptian theme. The Rejected Realms has it's defender focus, and The East Pacific has adopted defenderism along with its Masonic backgrounds and long history of RolePlay. The South Pacific focuses on it's form of Democracy and widening it's military activity. The North Pacific is a bastion of legislation, legalism, and debate.

Once I posted the ingame poll on the Sacred Order and Dispatch listing detailed titles, I have had a number of nations contacting with interest in recieving titles in the Sacred Order. These are nations that have not been heard from before, and have had no participation in the region. Does that mean they will become more active ? No. But it does show evidence of ingame interest in such themeing. And interest is needed in order to harness that interest into activity.

Yet, it is the labor of love that you each provide to The West Pacific that can cultivate opportunity into action and activity. I will continue to do my job to maintain the Delegacy and ensure the security of the region. I will continue to direct policy with the valuable advice of the Guardians, and the valuable ideas and advice of our Holy Ministers and The Bishop of The Grand Assembly (sorry, Speaker). Domestic Affairs (Interior) must be proactive in providing opportunity for our community to come together in activity and building a team to work together to inform our nations of how they can get involved. Foreign Affairs must be timely in providing regular updates to our Embassies, and recruiting and maintaining our Ambassador Team. World Assembly Affairs must be available for all our WA nations for interpretation and assistance. Our Military must continue to grow and be active, becoming an ever more effective tool for activity and presenting The West Pacifican ideals to NationStates, a force that our friends and allies can count upon to join with them to remove the deadwood from NationStates, and protect us from those that would impose their false morals upon us.

While subject to adjustment, I present to you The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium.

"No one expects The West Pacific Inquisition! But they probably should."

- The Concillium becomes The Holy Grand Assembly

Following the announcement of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific, a motion was made in the Concillium to change it's name (and that of the Speaker) to coincide with the new regional theme. The motion was seconded and overwhelmingly approved.

- Dispatches in The West

Using the newly implemented function of Dispatches, All Good Poeple has been able to distribute the glorious news of the Sacred Order to those who need to hear it most, the people of TWP. With the ability to access the truths dispensed by the Order, the common citizen can once again live a fruitful life safe in the knowledge that Westwind is their to protect them from the evils that NS harbours. Other pinned Dispatches included guides for New Players, NationStates Acronyms & Initialisms, TWP Endorsement Cap Policy and FAQ, and the History of the Delegacy of The West Pacific. The Delegate has also encouraged our Holy Ministers to provide Dispatches with information for players to help them find their way in the region and NationStates at large. But as with his encouragement to take advantage of his offer to send mass telegrams on their behalf, the opportunity has gone unrealized.

- TWP Astronomy Society

TWP turns its gaze to the stars with Astronomer Imperial Bhang Bhang Duc’s creation of the TWP Astronomy Society where such questions on the nature of Black Holes and whether or not the Universe is infinite. Thanks to some graphs and some maths, BBD has shown data on the sun, provided information on the discovery of new planetary systems in our Galaxy and shed some light on Dark Matter.

It's also worth noting that TWP UFO sightings are on the rise, as you'll find in our UFO thread that competes with the Astronomy thread. And speaking of space....

- Westwind purchases the Space Needle

After much bartering with the proprietor, AGP successfully purchased the Space Needle after it was sold to him as an actual space ship. The Space Needle currently sits in AGP’s back garden whilst he consults International lawyers for a potential law suit for misrepresentation in the sale of goods. Westwind did admit the view of The West Pacific from the Space Needle was enjoyable, but he fired the Chef of the rotating restaurant for failure to include his favorite meals. Upon further investigation, it was also found that the Chef refused to use Darkesian chocolate in deserts.

- Administration Island, The West Pacific

After a series of unusual acts of kindness, it was revealed that Grand Inquisitor Westwind was actually suffereing Flashbacks of earlier NationStates history, induced by his recent NS tenth anniversary. In one particular instance, he restored a puppet nation, only to find the announcement telegram for NationStates 2. He immediately remembered the terrible feelings and experiences associated with NS2, and was seen carrying a protest sign:

The Guardians had to restrain him from posting a pinned Dispatch and sending a mass telegram warning all nations to stay away from NS2. He was only calmed after being provided with Darkesian Chocolate truffles, Spiced Crimson rum, a 2014 calendar, and a suitable sacrifice of the lastest heretic to The Sacred Order of The West Pacific

(one source claims Westwind punched a pouchie too)

And speaking of pouchies.....

- Cardinal Guardian of the Most Evil....Pouchies?

Cardinal Guardian Bhang Bhang Duc (BBD) has taken a turn this year against the long standing TWP policy against Marsupials. He has promoted a campaign of pro-marsupialism, even when such actions got active TWP member Sensorland a trip to The Rejected Realms to sample the BBQ there. What sort of evil lurks in the dark heart of a pro-marsupialist that he could promote the stain of these perverse creatures and their soiled pouches across NationStates? It wasn't long after this behavior began that ingame polling resulting in the proclaimation of Bhang Bhang Duc as the Most Evil nation in The West Pacific.

- This is all Old News !

Yes, you're right. It is all old news. But some of you may not have heard the news. Some of you may not care. Some of you may think nothing happens in The West Pacific. And you may ask yourself, how do I work this? And you may ask yourself, where does that highway lead to? And you may ask yourself, am I right am I wrong? Time doesn't hold us, time isn't after us. Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

- Is this all that there is?

Yes. For now. Until next time.

I know, there was more that happened, and more news that didn't get included. It's true, The West Pacific Armed Forces have been out in the field working with our friends. And there are more recent events that were not included. Maybe next time. Whenever next time comes. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the next day. Maybe next week. Who knows? Does the candle know when you will blow out the flame? Does the ant know when you will step on it? Can you be sure that you will awake tomorrow just like you did today?

Same as it ever was.
Westwind of All Good People
Three Time World Assembly Delegate of The West Pacific
Former UN/WA Delegate Lewis and Clark of The North Pacific
Co-Founder and Emeritus Rex Westwind of Equilism

The West Pacific Forum: http://twp.nosync.org
Equilism Forum: http://www.equilism.org.forum

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm

The Sacred Order Of The West Pacific Imperium Foreign Affairs Ministry Update
May 2014 Edition

The West Pacific | Forum | IRC | The Holy Grand Assembly | The Knight Of The Sacred Order
Population: 4,542 | Rank: 5th | Forum Posts: 15,969

Government Of The West Pacific Imperium

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: Westwind of All Good People | Endorsements: 263
Non-World Assembly Delegate: TAO the Watcher

Guardians
Note: The Guardians are appointed by the delegate, and they serve at his leisure to protect the region and the delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.

The Cardinal Guardian Of The Eternal Dungeons: Yy4u
The Cardinal Guardian Of Chocolate Righteousness: Darkesia
The Cardinal Guardian Protector of The West: Wickedly evil people
The Cardinal Guardian Of The Most Evil: Bhang Bhang Duc

The Bishop Of The Holy Grand Assembly: simply country (aka Benjamin Mark)

Champion Commander Of The Knights Of The Sacred Order: Archsium

Holy Ministries Of The Sacred Order

World Assembly Affairs: Douria
Foreign Affairs: God-Emperor
Interior Affairs: Vulcan Prime

Honorably Holy Chief Justice Of The Holy Judiciary : Prison Grove

Table Of Contents
Delegacy Succession Announcement
Next Delegate Of The West Pacific Announced
Foreign Affairs Minister And Deputy Minister Announcement
Procedure For Electing The Speaker Of The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Discussed
The Reef Hounds Refound Atlantica
Report From The West Pacific's Ministry Of Silly Walks

--= From the Desk of The Grand Inquisitor of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium =--
--=Westwind of All Good People =--

Greetings Nations of The West Pacific !

Everyday I am honored to be able to serve as your Delegate, The efforts of each and every one of you contributes to building the future for our community and region. Doing the job of the Delegate is only one part in the symphony of a region's life. Thank you all, for everything you do. *tiphat*

Our regional concepts have roots in Francoist thought. We have had our own style of Francoist Revolution through our history in order to prevent the old cycles of exploitation and conflict. The results have been successful.

- Together we have maintained our traditions and defended our ideals.
- We have provided opportunity for nations old and new.
- Our community and region is secure.
- Our relations with the NS world are peaceful.
- We participate with our friends around NS in Military and Intelligence affairs.
- Our forum and it's community has grown and continues to develop,
- and our Government has been flexible to our needs as they change, without barriers to citizenship.

We walk toward the future on a solid path for West Pacific values.

I would take this opportunity to also give this advice to our future: Constitutions and Charters can be fascinating works of community cooperation, and many enjoy the process of debating their creation. But in NationStates communities they too easily become a trap to the region and it's players. Process should never become a roadblock to progress in our region. Former Delegate Shasoria acknowledged this failure in TWP:

"...we were becoming trapped in our own Constitution. Our evolution had stopped short of what we truly aspired to be."

It is always my hope that the top priority for every West Pacifican will be TWP itself. Our community, our region, is more important than a government or external alliances. And it's well-being is not dependent on any 'side' in Gameplay factions. Our strength comes from all of us together, and our greatness comes from our efforts. We all share in the achievements that we work together to attain. Each of you is a key resource of The West Pacific.

As to the point of this announcement.....

From time to time I receive a question by telegram or pm, "When are elections?" or "How long is your term?". And the answer that I've given is that the term of the Delegate is traditionally a year.

But then, why would anyone expect me to be 'traditional'? I will tell you today, that I intend to step down from the Delegacy in 2014.

There have been times when The West Pacific has had elections for Delegate, and there are times when the Delegate selected his/her successor. When I became Delegate last year, I made it a part of my agenda to watch for and seek out a successor to appoint. I had a number of qualifications in mind while on my search. I know what the job entails, and how active the Delegate must be in order to be able to ensure the region's security. I knew that it must be someone that has TWP as their top priority. I wanted someone that has not served as Delegate before. I wanted someone evil enough to be intolerant of the travesty of adspam and trolls on the RMB, without any hint of remorse at the idea of banjecting trolls, nazis and spammers.

But there was one problem in my search.

My successor is Pro-Marsupial ! *blink*

I announce to you the successor to the TWP Delegacy ,Cardinal Guardian Most Evil of Bhang Bhang Duc

:Raises glass of wine in toast:

Signed, 1 April, in the year of our Sacred Order of Two Thousand Fourteen:

Westwind
All Good People
Delegate of The West Pacific

Next Delegate of The West Pacific Announced

The next delegate of The West Pacific!

On April 1st All Good People announced his successor as Delegate of TWP. He announced it again on the 2nd as everyone thought it was an April Fool’s Day joke. Finally, on April 3rd residents of TWP realised their next Delegate would be Bhang Bhang Duc.
The West Pacific News Service sent its roving reporter and practising sex maniac, practice makes perfect, makes perfect sex maniac, Glenda Slagg to interview our next Delegate.
Glenda: Bhang Bhang Duc, daahling, what were your thoughts on the announcement?
BBD: Well Glenda it came out of the blue to be honest. Certainly I’ve joked about taking over the role a few times, but never thought that it would be mine.
Glenda: I understand sweetie that you are a marsupialist. Won’t that cause some problems within the region?
BBD: I certainly hope not Glenda. Just because I’m a Born Again Marsupialist or BAM doesn’t mean I’m going to force my beliefs on the good people of the West Pacific. Mine will be a platform of tolerance, understanding, love and affection. Of course I will preach the advantages of becoming a BAM.
Glenda: And they are?
BBD: Oh I don’t know, safety from visiting the Rejected Realms, possible Guardianship, potentially becoming the Delegate. Not that these things won’t be available to those of an anti-marsupial persuasion, but……
At this point our conversation was interrupted by somebody called Bruce asking BBD where he’d like his kangaroo tied down, sport. After dealing with this issue our conversation resumed.
Glenda: So, what are your plans for the region?
BBD: I’ve been in TWP all my time in NS, more than 10 years now and I’ve got a whole lotta love for the place. So I’m not going to make any great changes. I will still continue to ban badspammers and supress their posts. Friday Karaoke will also continue as I think there would a revolution if I stopped that. Seriously, I think we would be talkin’ ‘bout a revolution.
Glenda: Where do you stand politically daahling? Raider? Defender? Imperialist?
BBD: I’m not politically sophisticated, no starship trooper me, more a street fighting man. TWP had a long tradition of defending, but that’s living in the past. I think we will continue on the way our last Delegate has seen fit to take us, though I must admit Raiders seem to have fun, fun, fun.
Glenda: I’m now going to put you on the spot. Who do you respect most in NS and who makes you laugh?
BBD: Right here, right now I would have to say TAO for the first one, even though we will almost certainly clash about marsupialism. The second is easy: it’s the Eternal [s]Nits[/s] Knights, best comedy act in NS in my opinion.
Glenda: Finally, daahling, any other comments for our readers.
BBD: Just this Glenda. Who wouldn’t want to cuddle a koala, pat an opossum and well we’ll leave the wombats out of it for now. Look at this Tasmanian Devil. Isn’t he cute? Look at his little teeth; little, sharp teeth. Ow, the bugger bit me. Ow, he did it….. aaargh get him off me, get him off!
It was at this point your intrepid reporter decided to beat the retreat and left.
Not all residents have felt comfortable with the choices the Delegate-Elect has made. Long-time resident Ethel Mermania has already withdrawn its endorsement from Bhang Bhang Duc and has made noises about leaving the region entirely. That Called the Vlagh has also felt uncomfortable with the news, despite Bhang Bhang Duc’s effort to reassure him he would not be the first nation banjected under his rule.
I was due to interview TAO about BBD’s pro-marsupial stance, but it clashed with an appointment to get my nails done and a girl just has to look her best, so toodles for now daahlings.

Foreign Affairs Minister And Deputy Minister Announcement

Image.......Image
Foreign Affairs Minister God-Emperor Leto Atreides II.......Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Karland

Due to the departure of previous Foreign Affairs Minister Intelligent Holograms as a result of real life work, there was found to be a vacancy at this all important Holy Ministry at TWP.

Grand Inquisitor Westwind was swift to announce the opening and ask for willing and able candidates to volunteer themselves for the role. In addition he asked for people to also apply to become a Deputy. Soon enough West announced the new Holy Minister for Foreign Affairs as God-Emperor, and Karland to be his Deputy.

God-Emperor has a wealth of experience to bring to the Ministry. Not only is he well-versed in GCR politics, being a member of multiple ones, he's also been given the same position previously in TWP which he unfortunately had to discontinue. The Ministry is sure to be in safe hands as he seeks to rejuvenate the Ministry which has been suffering from inertia in recent months and re-establish contacts.

He is assisted by Karland, a comparative newcomer to TWP and GCR politics having only joined TWP upon the creation of the new forums. He has previous office experience, having also served a term as Speaker for the Regional Assembly. He hopes to continue gaining political experience in Foreign Affairs where he wants to help TWP have a greater role in the NS community.

All regions who maintain diplomatic relations with TWP will be sure to see more regular updates coming from the region as the Ministry's ambassadors are whipped into efficiency by their new overlords.

Deputy Foreign Minister Karland

Procedure For Electing The Speaker Of The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Discussed

The Holy Grand Assembly Of The West Pacific Imperium (Pictured)

Important-sounding discussions in the Holy Grand Assembly of the West

To break from the norm of relative inactivity, Bishop of TWP's legislature Benjamin 'simple country' Mark decided to bring up a discussion that had been mentioned in passing before but had never formally been discussed; that of the famed 'Challenge' system to elect officials. Specifically, for the case of the Speaker.

There was some argument and a line of evolution to the discussion. The thread started talking about implementing the Challenge system as we know it*, but then moved on to discussing how we could adapt the system to fit TWP's needs. Then veteran of TWP suggested instead having a 'rota' system for the Speakership, as has previously been done. Due to the relative inactivity of most HGA members, this was seen as infeasible. And so to account for inactive members more and more regulations and qualifiers had to be added to the prospective new procedure.

Then, when the time came, it so happened that it was too difficult to write up. Karland was proved right all along when Westwind finally confirmed his belief that there was little point in reforming the system that was already in place – a termly election cycle which allowed anyone who wished to, to be elected.

And so ended another HGA discussion. We await more striking proposals for legislation from the HGA to report on in the future.

*For those who don't know it, it's basically a system of electing executive officials by the citizenry of the region, rather than being hand-picked by the Delegate. It's used in The Rejected Realms, Equilism and other regions.

Deputy Foreign Affairs Minister Karland

The Reef Hounds Refound Atlantica
The Reef Hounds support the region's recovery from raiders and defenders.

The Reef Hounds are a special unit of The Sacred Order Of The West Pacific who are tasked with gaining tactical control of strategic regions across NationStates.

The Hounds may be unleashed to seize a late updating region for use as a jump point, a region belonging to an opponent, or to recover a region that has significance for TWP or its allies.

Atlantica had become the plaything of raiders and defenders before Vulcan Prime & The Subservient Annex of the Empire[/nation] successfully engaged in its recovery.

The region became a protectorate of The West Pacific on April 8th 2014

Report from the TWP Ministry of Silly Walks

The Holy Minister of Silly Walks of Tunapocalypse has been busy working on new projects to display the strengths of the TWP Silly Walks programs which have been terribly underestimated by the rest of the NationStates world. Exclusive photographs have been released, showing progress on efforts to weaponize silly walks, as well as establish new sporting competitions:

Image Image

the Imperial Crown
Envoy

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby the Imperial Crown » Sun May 18, 2014 5:46 pm

I think you have been a very solid force, and honourable delegate of the West Pacific. Your shoes would be extraordinarily hard to fill, and I wish Bhang Bhang Duc my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes upon his anointment as your successor. It will be strange thinking of the West Pacific without you as delegate, I'm surprised it's been a year so quickly. Time has truly flown.

I do hope though, that the announcement of your successor is not a sign of your impending retirement from NationStates; resistance is futile after all.

-Raven
- Lord Ravenclaw -
10th Pharaoh and World Assembly Delegate
First Pharaoh of House Ravenclaw
= The Desert Star of Osiris =
5th April 2012 - 29th May 2014

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun May 18, 2014 5:48 pm

West can never retired, I forbid it! >:(

Seriously though, as I think I stated elsewhere, you're an excellent delegate and it will be strange to see you leave the seat.

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Sun May 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you most kindly. Don't worry, I know better than to think about retiring, it's simply impossible. Besides, I think I've become integrated into the NS codebase.

And it will be strange for me to be out of the Delegate's seat too. Especially with no post-Delegacy plans.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 am

Thats a massive update, can i have a smaller version? :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Mon May 19, 2014 10:18 am

the Imperial Crown wrote:I wish Bhang Bhang Duc my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes upon his anointment as your successor.

-Raven

Thank you Raven, I have some big shoes to fill. Westwind has been an excellent delegate and will be a hard act to follow.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Never-Ending-World
Lobbyist

Founded: May 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Never-Ending-World » Mon May 19, 2014 10:19 am

I like the idea of Bhang Bhang! It's like "BANGBANGBANG!" "DIEDIEDIE!"

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 am

:lol:

Drop Your Pants wrote:Thats a massive update, can i have a smaller version? :P

I was thinking that we could have added more to try to compete with Unibot's lengthly updates. I might have to start my WTF News reports again instead though: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=all_ ... /id=108951

Fratellnoir
Secretary

Founded: Aug 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratellnoir » Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 pm

All Good People wrote:BBD: Mine will be a platform of tolerance, understanding, love and affection.

Here in TWP we want you to love us

In fact you could say we are insistent that you love us

Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, if you get my drift
Last edited by Fratellnoir on Mon May 19, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 14, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Mon May 19, 2014 2:36 pm

I promise not to coup you as long as you don't slip armadillo into the possum chilli on Karaoke Friday
Eli

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Tue May 20, 2014 12:37 am

Congrats to Bhang Bhang Dhuc. Well done to All Good People on a fantastic term as Delegate of the West Pacific and on the milestones he achieved while in office. :hug:

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Tue May 20, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you most kindly *tips hat*, it's been an honor to have the opportunity to serve TWP.

Wickedly evil people wrote:I promise not to coup you as long as you don't slip armadillo into the possum chilli on Karaoke Friday

*nods* And I'd rather have Amaretto than an armadillo.

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Wed May 21, 2014 3:32 am

Good job, Westwind.

BBD - they finally got you to take the chair. Good luck!
The man, the myth, the legend.

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

We had to make him spend some time in Yy's dungeon to convince him, but hey...whatever works !

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Wed May 21, 2014 1:16 pm

All Good People wrote:We had to make him spend some time in Yy's dungeon to convince him, but hey...whatever works !

Yeah, they kept running replays of Wales losing to England in the Six Nations. True, it hasn't happenend much, but it hurts, it hurts.

McMasterdonia wrote:Congrats to Bhang Bhang Dhuc.

Thank you McMasterdonia - I look forward to continuing our very cordial relations with TNP.

Never-Ending-World wrote:I like the idea of Bhang Bhang! It's like "BANGBANGBANG!" "DIEDIEDIE!"

Sorry, but my name is derived from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. I should have been Bhangbhangduc, but I couldn't remember the spelling at the moment of creation.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Punk Daddy
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Daddy » Wed May 21, 2014 8:43 pm

hahaha...whatever worked...hehe
The man, the myth, the legend.

Bachtendekuppen
Attaché

Founded: Sep 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bachtendekuppen » Wed May 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I'm a bit late, but I blame public transport.

Congratulations Bhang Bhang Dhuc.
The Puffin
The East Pacific

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Thu May 22, 2014 3:14 am

All Good People wrote:Thank you most kindly *tips hat*, it's been an honor to have the opportunity to serve TWP.

Wickedly evil people wrote:I promise not to coup you as long as you don't slip armadillo into the possum chilli on Karaoke Friday

*nods* And I'd rather have Amaretto than an armadillo.

lol well actually testing the limits of anti marsupialism inherit in BBD, I figure if he's making possum chilli that he's a ruse...
Eli

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:11 pm

June 2014 Edition

The West Pacific | Forum | IRC | The Holy Grand Assembly | The Knight Of The Sacred Order
Population: 4,487 | Rank: 5th | Forum Posts: 16,684

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: Westwind of All Good People | Endorsements: 237
Non-World Assembly Delegate: TAO the Watcher

Guardians
Note: The Guardians are appointed by the delegate, and they serve at his leisure to protect the region and the delegacy from internal and external threats to the security of the region.

The Cardinal Guardian Of The Most Evil: Bhang Bhang Duc

The Bishop Of The Holy Grand Assembly: simply country

Champion Commander Of The Knights Of The Sacred Order: Archsium

Interior Affairs: Vulcan Prime

Table Of Contents
Friendship Treaty Between The West Pacific And The New Inquisition
The Treaty Of The Imperium
Anybody Got A Slingshot? - Westwind

Friendship Treaty Between The West Pacific And The New Inquisition and The Treaty Of The Imperium
ImageImageImage

On 31 May 2014, Delegate Westwind was honored and pleased to sign a friendship treaty with our friends in The New Inquisition, and just over a week later, on 9 June 2014, he was equally pleased to sign a treaty with our friends in The Land Of Kings And Emperors dubbed The Treaty Of The Imperium. The whole region looks forward to two strong relationships that will benefit our respective regions long into the future.

The full text of the Friendship Treaty Between The West Pacific And The New Inquisition can be found here and the full text of The Treaty Of The Imperium can be found here.

Anybody got a Slingshot?

On a peaceful and quiet Major update in June, the populous of The West Pacific woke up to Bhang Bhang Duc in the Delegacy and this message on the WFE:

Behold! Operation Slingshot Revisited!

***This is a test of The West Pacific Guardian System. Had this been an actual emergency, nations deemed a threat to the region would have been removed with extreme prejudice in order to preserve the accumulated Influence of the sitting Delegate. We will return you to our regularly scheduled World Factbook Entry at the next update.***

Thank you.
Signed, The West Pacific Guardians

The Slingshot Maneuver, first used in The West Pacific to temporarily propel Cave Canem into the Delegacy for three days during TAO's term in 2007, has been more recently used to full effect in Osiris. The knowledge of game mechanics to carry out such a maneuver is one of the requirements of service as a Guardian in TWP. All Good People returned to the Delegacy at the next update to make final preparation for the final transition to Bhang Bhang Duc.

However, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum....

Bhang Bhang Duc didn't realize that the region controls are like the Tardis: Small on the outside, bigger on the inside. As he explored the new surroundings he tripped on a sonic screwdriver Westwind had left laying on the floor and pushed the big red BANJECT button in trying to brace himself from falling face first into the floor.

Instead of waking up back in the Delegacy, Westwind first saw that he was not Delegate, and figured BBD had simple gained enough endorsements to hold the Delegacy. Then he noticed he had no endorsements, and was in The Rejected Realms. Confusion ensued....until he realized the Delegate of TRR is Unibot and he wanted out of there fast. Thankfully, BBD had regained control of the Tardis TWP regional controls, and had removed All Good People from the banlist.

All Good People returned to the Delegacy the next major update, to make the final preparations to complete the Delegacy transfer.
Last edited by All Good People on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Ah ye ole slingshot. A tricky move that still gives me heartaches when I do it. =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Cro Magnon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Anarchy

Postby Cro Magnon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Cro Mag huz Bhang Bhang Duck
Huz! Huz! Huz!

All Good People
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby All Good People » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:59 am

July 2014 Edition

Population: 3,366 | Rank: 6th | Forum Posts: 17,249

The Grand Inquisitor Delegate: The Marsupial Delegate of Bhang Bhang Duc | Endorsements: 209
Non-WA Delegate: TAO The Watcher

Guardians

The Bishop Of The Holy Grand Assembly: simply country

Champion Commander Of The Knights Of The Sacred Order:

Interior Affairs: That Called The Vlagh

Table Of Contents
Bhang Bhang Duc Attains Delegacy!
Westwind Appointed Prime Minister
Simple Country Reelected Speaker
That Called The Vlagh Confirmed As Interior Minister
The West Pacific/Equilism Treaty Renegotiated
The West Pacific Armed Forces Commander Position Available

Bhang Bhang Duc Attains Delegacy!

The Marsupial Loving Delegate of Bhang Bhang Duc

Let the marsupial madness begin!

When residents woke up on 18 June, they were welcomed by a new person in the Office Of The Delegate, Bhang Bhang Duc! His acquisition of the office comes more than two months after his predecessor, All Good People, announced that BBD would succeed him as delegate, and it came less than a week after Operation Slingshot, one of the final preparations for the transition. Upon assuming office, the delegate declared in his chambers that he hadn't decided a direction forward for the region yet, but he quickly clarified that it wouldn't be 'fenda,' a wildly uncontroversial statement that surprised no one.

The region has been born again, and its been reborn marsupial!

In an unrelated side note, Friday has been rechristened Marsupial Prayer Day, replacing the long standing Karaoke Friday, and songs are being suppressed while singers are being ejected.

Westwind Appointed Prime Minister

Westwind enjoying one of his trademark stogies.

The West Pacific now has a Prime Minister, a position that did not exist until Delegate Bhang Bhang Duc made the announcement:

I have asked AGP to be Prime Minister in charge of the forum side government.

We've yet to fully work out the details, but doing this will allow me to build up the gameside experience as Delegate without the forum government going to wrack and ruin.

AGP will also remain a Guardian of the West Pacific. Darkesia, Yy4u and Wickedly Evil People have also agreed to remain as Guardians. Their experience is something I will be relying on heavily.

With this delegation of authority by the Delegate, The West Pacific now has both a Head of State (the Delegate) and a Head of Government (the Prime Minister). Westwind responded to his appointment by saying, "I thank BBD for his confidence in conveying the position of Prime Minister upon me. I ask the Holy Ministers of the Imperium and members of the Holy Grand Assembly to join me in the continued work to build a strong future for The West Pacific."

Simple Country Reelected Speaker

Speaker Simple Country successfully concluded his first three month term as Speaker, but the time for Speaker elections had begun. However, the incumbent was the only candidate to stand for election, and, due to a lack of any other other nominations, he ran unopposed. Therefore, the 'election' was more akin to the confirmation vote That Called The Vlagh was undergoing at the time, although with a slightly higher voter turnout. Simple Country was re-elected Speaker with six members voting for and four members abstaining.

Congratulations to the Speaker of the Holy Grand Assembly of the West, Simple Country!

That Called The Vlagh Confirmed As Interior Minister

Due to Interior Minister Vulcan Prime's inactivity, one of Westwind's last acts as delegate was to dismiss him, and one of Bhang Bhang Duc's first acts as delegate was to nominate That Call The Vlagh for the vacant post. The nomination went to the Holy Grand Assembly of the West for confirmation, and the final tally confirming him was six member approving and two abstaining.

Congratulations to the Holy Interior Minister of the West, That Called The Vlagh!

The West Pacific/Equilism Treaty Renegotiated

ImageImage

The treaty with our friends in Equilism requires an annual renewal or renegotiation, and in each previous year it has been successfully renewed by each of the signatory regions. However, this year the efforts moved to renegotiation in order to include new language that reflects changes in recruitment across NationStates. The new clauses were proposed by The West Pacific, with an addition clause added by Equilism to ensure clarity of understanding. The new clauses:

• While respecting the right to recruit nations under NationStates rules and understanding the necessities for growth and renewal of regions, neither TWP nor Equilism will deliberately engage in mass untargeted recruitment from the other, nor from one another's protectorates which have been established by each region and communicated to the other signatory.
  • "Mass Recruitment" is defined as the sending of untargeted telegrams on the NationStates site to encourage nations to move regions. This shall not be interpreted to prohibit recruitment, or specific recruitment methods, but rather to respect long-term resident nations and regional policies.
  • Sending telegrams to "New" nations will not be considered untargeted recruitment for the purposes of this section.
The Equilism Senate overwhelmingly ratified the Treaty and its amendments, while TWP Prime Minister Westwind ratified the treaty on behalf of Delegate Bhang Bhang Duc.

The West Pacific Armed Forces Commander Position Available

The West Pacific Armed Forces (TWPAF) are looking for a new Commander! Do you have what it takes?

Prior experience in military gameplay and knowledge of game mechanics is necessary for this position, and the best and the brightest from all across NationStates are encouraged to apply. The West Pacific believes in promoting those who have proven their merit by performing in NationStates. TWPAF works to support the policies of The Sacred Order of The West Pacific Imperium and works closely with our allies that include The Pacific, Albion, The Land of Kings and Emperors, The New Inquisition, and Equilism. We also work with our non-allied friends around NationStates, especially among the GCRs.

If you have an interest in commanding a feeder military or have suggestions, please contact All Good People via telegram or PM Westwind on The West Pacific forum.

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 am

A good and interesting update.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Wickedly evil people
Chargé d'Affaires

Corporate Police State

Postby Wickedly evil people » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:52 am

Our Roo mad Delegate needs a stint in a re-education camp.

He ejects anymore singers or suppresses any more songs there will be revolution, mark my words.
Eli

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay