NATION

PASSWORD

Soldiers of a Neverending War (Closed: Graphic Content)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drakonian Imperium
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

A Call to the Council of Lords

Postby Drakonian Imperium » Sat May 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Among the Drakonian Delegation there was some surprised as Lady Jessica Heart and her entourage entered the hall, but the practiced diplomats quickly hid it. Caius Argentius listened carefully and attentively to Lady Heart's address. When she had revealed her prosthetic, a keen observer would have noticed some surprise from Marcus Sutherland.

Lord Argentius did not need to consult with the Drakonian Praetor. His instructions had been specific. "This may not be the Halls of the Gholgothic Council of Lords in ULE City, nor may all the Lords themselves be gathered here. But, as the representative of the Drakonian Imperium, and of all Drakonian people everywhere, here and before that distinguished body, with the full authority of His Imperial Majesty, Praetor Augustus Drake, I hereby call for a vote from the Lords on the admittance of Havensky to the Gholgoth Regional Alliance. I will further add that Drakonia fully supports that admittance. The Imperial Government would see the Skybound Republic of Havensky become a Gholgothic State."

Dephire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dephire » Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Jane could not help herself, but laugh at the Officers' cold threat. "Do you mean to imply that you will do anything within your power to deny an ally of Dephire the chance to ascend into the ranks of the Gothic Lords?" She stood up from her chair, "Though it is allowed to simply vote 'nay' when it comes to admittance of new members, how is it that you find yourselves in a position to deny a future comrade for the glory and betterment of Gholgoth as a whole?"

"Jane, allow me to speak." Tristan's voice came through the speaker once more.

"Yes, Emperor." She sat back down.

"Representatives of the Kraven Reich. My Godsend General has made a valid point. Why would you put forth so much effort to make sure that Havensky is not admitted into the regional alliance? I, personally, would think that these Havenskyans would intrigue your people enough to allow them into Gholgoth. What fuels this passion and hatred against Havensky?" Tristan's voice droned on through the speakers. "I will say this. I stand by my vote. As such, if you dare make any moves against Havensky, I will put you down. There are no further reasons for your aggressive behavior. My people are done with this peace conference. You all have our answers and demands. Jane, please see to it that Jessica remains safe. I might have to see to it that Wilhelm is reassigned to her."

"Yes, Emperor." Jane picked up the helmet and placed it on her head. The entire group proceeded to walk out of the room.
"My nation was forged by the blade of a sword and so it lives on through the sword." -Tristan Skragg, Emperor of Briska.

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Thu May 08, 2014 7:18 pm

OCC:
Kraven has indicated that this marks the final act of this thread. This post is meant to describe what happens after the Milogradian War and sets up future storylines.

Epilogue:

The Ironwings

Good evening... your majesty!

Lucas shook his head, I really wish you wouldn't call me that... my queen!

The two laughed. It had been six months since the end of the Milogradian War and their world has dramatically shifted. With Havensky being admitted into the Gothic Alliance, a land grant was given. There had been a lot of debate about how such a large land area would be governed. Ultimately, it was decided that it would be a semi-autonomous region with it's own head of state and senate. Since the Ironwings had been named Gothic Lords, the Ironwings were now considered the royal family of Gothic Havensky. King Drake remained the sovereign, but now he held the title Emperor, though he never used it.

To celebrate construction of the Royal House, they had decided to host their first State Dinner. Many of the leaders from nations that had aided them during the Milogradian War would be there, including Tristan and Tynsei Skragg.

Jessica reached for an iron circlet on the table, picked it up, and placed it on Lucas' head. They were both wearing simple, but well tailored garments. They may have been royal now, but Skyan royalty was pretty modest.

Are you sure you're ready for this?, asked Lucas. The past few months had been rough. There were many unanswered questions. They wern't sure what the purpose of her incarceration was, and while the Reich had respected the peace treaty thus far, the smoke had not ceased from Norska.

Of course, let's greet our guests.

Building the new nation would be difficult, but it was something that the Skyan people had done before. They'd keep rising, just as before.

Gavin Squall

You didn't have to come you know., said Gavin as he look across the car at Edwidge Nalôrna. She had traveled with him to Texas as part of her summer vacation. Gavin was on leave as well, but there were a few things he had to take care of first.

Oh my goodness! When are you going to get that you don't have to do this kinda thing alone?, remarked Edwidge.

Still, it's not exactly the fun vacation we had planned.

It's important though... and besides, I'm seeing a lot of different places in your home country. Oh, and we have got to get you into something other than uniforms. Do you even have normal clothes?
, asked Edwige looking at Gavin who was in a full dress uniform. Gavin grimaced as he made the turn into a residential neighborhood.

Um, a few?

Oh man, we are so going shopping.

The computer system in the car dinged, notifying them that the car had arrived at their destination. Gavin turned the engine off and opened the door to step out of the car. Edwige got out her door as well.

What are you doing? I thought you were going to stay in the car?

Edwidge shook her head reaching for the flowers that Gavin had bought.

No, we'll do this together.

Arm and arm, the two walked to the door of a modest home. A Skyan flag flew just outside the door frame. Gavin rang the door bell and a middle aged woman answered the door.

Good afternoon Mrs. Rico. My name is Sir Gavin Squall, Captain of the Queen's Guard. I was with your son when he was killed in action...

Tycho Onyx

It was dim inside the King’s Chamber with only the King, the High Executor Vincent Profecta, and Tycho Onyx inside. The King was speaking before a kneeled Tycho, with Vincent Profecta standing aside as a witness.

It's our tradition, that upon being Knighted - you're granted a request. But your request is most unusual. Not only are you refusing the title, you want us to remove your name from all records. You seek not to even exist.

Tycho Onyx was kneeling before King Drake.

Yes, your majesty.

The King frowned looking down on Tycho with the sword still in his hand.

You feel guilty when you should not. You feel rage when it serves you no purpose. You leave the ones who care for you. Do you really want to sink back into the darkness and simply vanish?

Yes, your majesty., replied Tycho.

The King turned the sword in his hands and then with an angry booming voice responded.

I deny your request.

Tycho looked up at the King confused. His dark grey eyes piercing the quiet.

You may not have been born here Tycho Onyx, but you are Skyan. We don’t abandon our people to the wild. You have suffered serious wounds Lieutenant Onyx - both physically and mentally. Do you think we’d let you off into the black? You are too angry and too self-loathing to be left to your own. Do you feel you’ve done wrong Lieutenant? Do you feel like you should pay?

Tycho, exacerbated at this turn of events, eventually blurted out, But...all those people.

Silence!

The King brought the sword to Tycho’s neck.

I know about those you killed! I could slit your throat right for the harm you’ve done and be justified! I brought a priest to witness this act Lieutenant! A priest!

The King removed the sword from Tycho’s neck and walked around in a circle around the young man.

Nothing more to say?

The King placed the sword’s edge on Tycho’s neck.

Your anger will only lead you to a darker place. I can see you Lieutenant… You seek vengeance. This is something you can not have. Nothing good came come of this. Your bloodlust and anger will cloud your judgement and create consequences that not only affect you, but the lives of those in the Republic. You have suffered greatly, but that does not justify the path you seek!

The King removed the blade and brought it to Tycho’s shoulder.

Instead, you will be the Knight Errant. You will have no home, but travel from place to place finding wrongs to right. You will feed the hungry. Find care for the sick. Protect the weak. You will not lie. You will not cheat. You will not steal. And you will NOT seek your vengeance. You will do this until your rage subsides. Do you understand Lieutenant?

Tycho Onyx looked up, Yes, your majesty.

The King tapped each of Tycho’s shoulders.

Then rise, Nameless Knight, and take your new place.

Glitch

Godsend General Dimitri 'Wilhelm' Coronado of Dephire exited the elevator of the Science Tower of the newly built Citadel University and walked into a brightly lit science lab. He was holding flowers and wearing his traditional Godsend Armor.

Glitch was tinkering with a miniature robotic model of some sort. She hadn’t looked up to see Wilhelm walk in. She was in civilian clothes now and her impossibly curly hair was in full force.

Hello beautiful., he said presenting the flowers.

Glitch’s eyes snapped up.

YOU!

Glitch stormed up to Wilhelm and slapped him across the face.

You go off and disappear during a mission… not so much as a WHISPER to your whereabouts and you show up here with flowers and calling me pretty?

Glitch turned out of frustration and walked around for a moment, looking at the window. She spoke without turning around.

By the SKY, I have never met anyone so arrogant!

Glitch turned around to not only find Wilhelm completely unfazed, but examining the small little robot on her lab table.

What’s this?, he asked.

Glitch rolled her eyes, It’s a reaper.

A weapon?

No, like an actual reaper… for crops. The Scandinavians have this new crop..Rubbus, high yield but it’s pretty delicate. Testing a model to see if this machine can harvest it without damaging the crop… wait, wait, what are you even doing here?

I wanted to see you.
, replied Wilhelm still tinkering. Ok, Where are the blades on this thing, I don't quite. Wait.. Are you using sonic vibrations to get the grain out?

Correct, I couldn't find a material that would separate the chaff without hurting the grain - but that's beside the point - what happened to you?

Wilhelm ignored the questions still tinkering with the small robot. He moved over to a keyboard and began to type something in.

Wait no!, shouted Glitch.

The keyboard went red and alarm bells sounded within the lab. Within seconds, a squad of armed Legionaries were in the lab with weapons all pointing at Wilhelm.

Lady Raven! Are you ok?, shouted the lead guard.

Glitch groaned and shook her head, Yes boys, I'm fine... just.. a little misunderstanding about what he can and can not touch. At ease Staff Sergeant.

The Staff Sergeant saluted and the group of large heavily armed men left the room leaving Glitch and Wilhelm alone again.

She turned to Wilhelm, As brilliant as you are, you must have realized I'd have this whole lab locked down right?

Wilhelm looked puzzled for a moment, Lady Raven?

I’m a Knight now, I certainly can’t go by Lady Glitch now can I?

The Citadel City

The TV flickered, then showed an advertisement during one of the commercial breaks.

Come to Citadel City! A new city in the Skybound Republic of Havensky! A free market for your goods! A world class university for your mind! And a bright future for your family!

Submit your papers soon! The Gothic Homestead Act ends December 31st! Each new resident will receive a stipend to help with moving costs and assistance with job placement. The city is being built as we speak and we need sharp minds and strong backs for the new city!

Apply today at your nearest Skyan Embassy or by going online at YourCitadelCity.gov.sky!
Last edited by Havensky on Fri May 09, 2014 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Return to International Incidents