NATION

PASSWORD

Soldiers of a Neverending War (Closed: Graphic Content)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:25 am

Skyan War Armada
Southern Gothic Sea, 205 miles from the Fortress Continent
Gholgoth

Sky Marshall Gonzales looked out from the bridge of the Havensky Republican Airship Oshadagea. The clouds were growing darker still. If hostilities ensued, it was sure to be a bloody day at sea. At his station table, he could see the entire Armada in formation. There were enough ships out there to force the console to use small dots instead of the standard ship silhouettes. Hundreds of aircraft and sea vessels all headed towards a single destination. However, when he zoomed out the map there were almost four thousand Kraven naval vessels waiting for him.

Sir, 5 miles out from the border. What are your orders?

Steady as she goes Ensign. Ms. Jones, open a channel.

A whistle sounded and the commo officer gave Gonzales a short nod. He picked up the small black handheld microphone and brought it to his lips.

This is Sky Marshal Gonzales... We are currently four miles from the border of Gholgoth. We have received orders to cross the border, but not to engage the Kraven fleet. Currently, we are under a ceasefire. If the Reich has any sense of honor they will honor that ceasefire. However, we know that the Reich isn't always the most honorable of foes.

On the deck of the HRA Dragon Slayer, the airship missile crews began loading ordinance into their tubes. On each missile was written the messages for their Kraven foe. "For Rico", "Return Lady Heart", "Just the Skyan Military Academy returning the favor!"

There are those that say any battle against the Reich is hopeless. That they are too strong. That they are too powerful. That it is better to give tributes of their own citizenry than to risk the ire of the Fortress Continent. There are those who say that nothing good can come from this venture. That there is no hope.

Deep in the bellies of the Airship Carriers, pilots manned their fighter jets and powered up the engines. Deck crews checked the readings on each fighter and gave the go signals. Slowly the metal planks beneath the fighters tilted, preparing to drop their deadly payloads. At the signal, they'd be dropped over the cold waters of Gholgoth prepared for anything.

The Kraven Reich has sent every ship in their navy to face us. There are nearly four thousand vessels all heavily armed and bent on ensuring the Reich's reign of terror continues. Four thousand! What does it say about the might of this armada that we have the attention of every ship in the Kraven fleet?

On board the many sea vessels, sailors rushed to their stations checking on the readiness of their equipment. They turned their cannons towards the early morning dawn and began to load each cannon. Their Sky Marshal's voice coming in loud over the speakers.

If we cross that line, and are attacked. It will begin one of the largest battles in naval history. However, let history show that when faced with the challenge - we rose to the occasion when nobody else would. That we fought for freedom, for liberty, for justice, and against tyranny, against fear, against oppression, and against the cruel despicable evils of this world. When they write our history, they will write that a might lion roared in the west and struck a blow against evil on this day! Pilots! Full speed ahead! Cross the line!

Kraven Naval Arm
Southern Gothic Sea, 200 miles from the Fortress Continent
Gholgoth

The Kraven Fleet had moved into a holding position, The Skyan and Xirnium formations were laying ahead of them, making their way into Gholgoth proper for the inevitable clash between these nations that were now at each others throats, The Admiral stood and watched through high powered binoculars, watching as Skyan crewmen ran about their airships performing tasks and waiting for their orders to open fire, The Admiral watched with a cold indifference to the Skyan formation, he had stopped caring a long time ago, it was something he had become used to, something he had learned to live with, but most of all he was tired..

A Capitol Police Officer was stood at the back of the bridge, he watched the Admiral through equally cold eyes, his cold logic was working, trying to arrive at a decision as to whether the Admiral lives or dies, so far, The Admiral had followed orders, but his actions were now starting to rouse suspicion from The High Command’s enforcer…

“The High Command has issued you Orders, Admiral, you are to open fire on the Skyian and Xirniumite Fleet”

“Negatory, Obersturmfurhrer, we are under ceasefire, protocol dictates that we wait until the ceasefire has been lifted, or until The Skyian fleet opens fire or until I have the Tactical Advantage...”

“Your actions, Herr Admiral might be considered at Thought Crime, under jurisdiction of Civil Doctrine 142 of the The Secret Police of The Kraven SS”

“I am well aware of The Civil Doctrines, Herr Obersturmfurhrer, but I do not intend to break the ceasefire until I have the tactical advantage”

“Very well, Herr Admiral, you may proceed”

For now, The Kraven naval arm sat silent, it sat still, it never gave a signal or an aggressive stance, like a cold illogical machine that watched with inhuman patience, it waited…

“Something isn’t right”, muttered Sky Marshal Gonzales.

“There are thousands of ships out there… and none of them are firing at us. Ensign, are you sure our coordinates are correct? Have we crossed the line into Gholgoth?

Affirmative sir, I’ve double checked with the Damen and the Addison.”

Gonzales cursed. They had anticipated resistance. It was uncharacteristic for Kraven not to engage them. Surely, they didn’t mean to abide by the cease fire?

Hail them.

Sir?

Hail the lead vessel, tell them that I want to speak with them. We can meet in person on PT Boat 1871.

Vice-Admiral Volpóne Elvêrelle came over the line, I don’t know what you’re thinking Marshal, but I don’t like it.

Duly noted Admiral, but there’s got to be a reason that they hadn’t engaged us. Least I can do is talk - maybe even avoid the bloodbath if I can.

The Oshadaga received a message quickly. The message was simple, it was a typically Kravenite style of reply, it simply read…

“As you wish..”

Sir! They’ve … they’ve answered our hails.. and have agreed to speak on board PT 1871. It’s gotta be a trap! There’s no way this works.

Gonzales nodded, Prepare a helijet. Admiral, I am giving you control of the Armada. If anything goes wrong give them hell for me.

Havensky Republican Ship PT 1871

The Skyan Patrol Boat was a little longer than an average with two short helicopter landing spots and a small railgun on the forward bow. It was designed more for speed than firepower, but it would do as a meeting point for the time being.

Gonzales reached PT 1871 first, and waited for the Kraven VTOL to land. He watched as a lone figure emerged from the VTOL. Gonzales was wearing the black uniform of the Skyan Armada completely with a thin red and white stripe along the side of his arms and legs. He walked off the loading ramp of his own helijet and saluted.

The Admiral walked down the loading ramp with firm, authoritative steps, his knee high jackboots made distinct footfalls as boot touched metal, he was tall in stature and his composure was of a man who had seen into the very gates of hell itself, he carried an air of authority that extended out even to here, his eyes were dark and slightly sunken, ringed with dark circles of skin and his complexion was pale, every Kravenite was pale in skin colour, almost pallid, he stepped towards the Sky Marshal and gave a Kravenite salute, his right arm outstretched, realising the Marshal might not appreciate the gesture, The Admiral changed his salute to a standard naval salute, recognising his counterparts authority and rank…

“Well, Sky Marshal, you have my attention, what is it you want..”

“Admiral, my name is Inigo Gonzales of the Skybound Republic of Havensky Airship Armada. As I’m sure you are aware, your government has taken something from us and I have been sent to retrieve it. With those intentions, I am somewhat surprised your fleet didn’t open fire immediately upon us crossing into Gholgoth.”

The Admiral removed his cap, revealing jet black hair that was slicked back, he placed it under one arm, then intertwining the fingers of his hands, he rested them against the belt buckle of his jacket…

“I am sure you are aware, Herr Gonzales that the Reich does have a reputation of doing what it pleases, however we are inclined to respect a ceasefire when it becomes tactically advantageous to do so..”

Gonzales tilted his head over so slightly.

Really? By my count, you outnumber my sea bearing vessels nearly three to one and I’m certain that you would have brought your strongest anti-air assets to bear. I’m inclined to think you have the advantage now.

“Did I say that it was tactically advantageous here?”

Gonzales smiled, this Admiral was cagey - a trait that the Skyan officer could appreciate. It seemed odd coming from a Kraven officer to hear a bit of … character in the voice. A few beats passed as he gathered his thoughts.

I’m quite certain your capitol police are getting impatient cooped up on all those ships. You must have what… three, four thousand CP trapped on ships away from Milograd and the Fortress Continent?

“The Capitol Police do not get impatient, they will sit there and wait for all eternity until I give the order to open fire, that is their calling in life, or rather should I say, that is what was thrust upon them before birth, they have no choice, If I ordered them to jump over board, they would do it… not because it was a sensible idea or a logical one, but because I, a superior ranking Officer ordered it. Do you have any liquor on board?”

That last remark really did shock Gonzales. He pulled out a flask from his side jacket pocket and handed it to the Admiral.

Just whiskey, I didn’t think Kravenites drank. And I didn’t think Kravenites felt any sort of pity for the CP.

The Admiral took a sniff from the bottle, before taking a sip, he savoured its flavour, he swallowed it, felt the burning sensation travel down his throat, it had been such a long time since he had last savoured such a drink, such a sensation, he walked over to the edge of the boat and leaned against the railing…

“I wasn’t like this you know” The Admiral spoke, looking at the hip flask.. “We didn’t know that it would come to this, when Father took power it was a new and exciting time, we had a future to look forward to after the corrupt Slovakian Government was overthrown, how little did we know..” He made a little sound, a little like a laugh…

“I’m not a Kravenite, though appearances may suggest otherwise, I was a young man when The Naval Arm was formed, I signed up to get out of the factories, a year later and I had been fast tracked up the command chain, I was in command of my own destroyer when the atrocities started… they were just little ones at first, hitting a refugee ship because it was smuggling weapons, then it was shelling a town because it was a terrorist training ground, then they became worse…”

“But… you stopped believing that… didn’t you Admiral?”

“Of course, but by then, it was too late, I was in Command of a fleet, I was committing horrific atrocities because I was told to, I had gone too far, do you know, Marshal, I have shelled cities flat, I have given the order to shell refugee camps, I have given the order to slaughter stranded sailors who begged us to rescue them after we sank their cargo ship”

Do you hesitate because you want to help us stop them Admiral?, Gonzales asked.

“You cannot stop them, it is not The Reichmarshalls that hold the power, Herr Gonzales, it is The Capitol Police, they ensure that The Reich cannot change, it cannot be stopped, they ensure it will survive.. always..”

“But that doesn’t mean you can’t help us. Come with us Admiral, and you’ll be on the side of the angels for once. We may not be able to stop every Capitol Police Jackboot, but we can weaken them. We can force them back into their caves. We can keep the rest of the world safe from them, until such time as we can stop them for good.”

“Herr Gonzales, I am already a deadman, if I leave with you, The Fleet will open fire, The Executioner will destroy this boat before either of our craft can lift off, when I return to my ship, The Capitol Police Officer stationed there will take me outside and put a bullet through my skull, I was a deadman the moment I agreed to meet with you..”

My pilots are very fast - you’d be surprised. And if that were true, why not shoot the boat already, and rob the Armada of it’s top officer?

“That isn’t how The Capitol Police operate, especially the Officer Korps, I will give them one thing, they are doggedly consistent with sticking to protocol and doctrines, I need to be summarily executed by an Officer of The Kraven Secret Police of The Kraven SS and that is how it will be done, Listen, I cannot help you against the fleet, I cannot help you against The Reich, but I can help you with one thing, I am a damned man, I am damned in this life and I will be damned in the next, but at least I can try and make my final moments somewhat more dignified..”

The Admiral reached into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper, on the paper were written in a heavy black ink a set of coordinates..

“Here, these are the Coordinates to Facility 18, this is where Miss Heart is being held, you’ll need them to find it within the city, Good luck Herr Gonzales…”

Gonzales took the paper from the Admiral’s hands and look at it closely. It could be a horrible trap, but he was inclined to believe the Admiral.

You have no idea what this means to the Skyan people… You are a very brave man Admiral. So what happens now? You catch a plane to your next execution? We don’t even know your name.

“I don’t exactly remember my name, I haven’t been called by it for such a long time, I was called Admiral Hans Augustus in a previous life, now I am just Herr Admiral”

“Hans, it’s not too late for you. You can still come with us, whatever the risk. Chances are, your Fleet will open fire regardless of you being brought back to your ship.”

“Negatory, they will hold position until the 14th Sturmpanzer Battalion has encircled Argyz..” The Admiral spoke while stepping up onto the boarding ramp of the Kravenite VTOL… “That bit of information is for free…” He turned looked up to the sky, then turned back towards Gonzales, “There is a storm on the Horizon, Herr Gonzales, you had better wrap up quickly…” with that, He placed his officers cap upon his head, turned back towards Gonzales and gave him a standard Naval salute..

“Good Luck, Sky Marshal…”

“Good luck… Hans”

Gonzales cursed, but clicked his communicator quickly, Give Driftwood these coordinates ASAP...and get word to Argyz…and hurry!.

The VTOL lifted off, its powerful engines whined as it took the weight of the craft and brought it gently up and off the deck, with a twist of the nacelles, the VTOL moved away and headed back towards The Executioner, the monstrous 2km flagship of The Kraven Fleet…

Gonzales boarded the helijet and began a small prayer. He reached his ship before Hans did.

He quickly ordered the targeting system to focus on the Executioner.

Sir, what happened?

Just focus on the lead ship.. where the VTOL is landing. Now!

The large screen lit up with a close view of the dark vessel.

Zoom in!

The VTOL touched down and The Admiral strode out, his cap was squarely placed on his head, an obviously Capitol Police Officer was waiting for him on the landing pad, just as the Admiral had said, The Admiral nodded several times and was led away by The Officer and two Capitol Police Troopers, a chill descended on the room as they focused on the scene, the Admiral was led up onto a ramp that extended slightly out over the water, The Admiral turned to face the Capitol Police Officer that was now standing in front of him holding a .50 cal Desert Eagle directly to his forehead…

With a short glance, The Admiral looked over to the Skyan fleet and rose his hand in salute, then a distinct muzzle flash and the visible spray of gore from the back of the Admirals head indicated that everything he had said was true, his limp, lifeless body tumbled over the edge of the ramp and down into the frigid waters below with a splash, The Capitol Police Officer returned his side arm to its holster and descended back into the interior of the immense vessel without so much as a second thought..
Last edited by Havensky on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dephire
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dephire » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Northern Milograd - The Dephirian Imperial Armada
Aboard the Archangel

"Those are your orders, Admiral. You denounce the Templar Order and you will ascend to the rank of Godsend. The Emperor wills it. He wants one unified nation that will not bicker and fight for control over the land." Godsend General Darius Stormsurge paced behind the Templar Marshal of the Seas Ki'lan. The armada was splitting, half going north, the other going south. About one-third of the armada stayed behind for protection.

Ki'lan remembered Tristan rescuing him from being murdered in the streets when he was a young urchin. He owed the Emperor his life. However, choosing to leave the Templar Order for this 'Godsend Order' seemed foreign to him. An insult to his very being. He did lack knowledge of its history, though, and so his curiosity of the subject heightened. "Why does the Emperor ask that I throw down my Templar uniform and change it to the wardrobe of your Godsend?"

"He asks because he knows you are a powerful man that now controls the Templar fleets. He wants you to command the entire Imperial Armada when the time comes. You will be the one to strike Kraven down if they attack our wavering allies. There will be a massive change to come. My order will be reborn. Your home will be rebuilt as well." The man stood still, for once during the conversation, and gazed out the window towards the Milograd shore.

"My home restored?" Ki'lan's attention had been ceased.

"Yes, my friend. Tristan's work has yet to begin on the grand plan for Dephire. It will be a glorious change, I assure you." Darius beamed.

"Change? What is this change going to entail?" Ki'lan stepped towards the Godsend.

"First will come the transition from diversity to conformity. Second will come the reform. Third will come the transcendence into a higher plane of existence. Our forces will amass and reach out to lands we will claim for Empire. The Briskan Empire will be completely removed and we will be once-again Dephirian. The Godsend Empire has slumbered for too long. Tristan wants it to rise from the ashes just as he did. Will you join us?"

"Yes, Godsend. I will." Ki'lan responded in kind.

"Then you will meet us in Hell's Gate once this war is over. Thank you for the invitation aboard this vessel."

"You are most welcome. Take care."
"My nation was forged by the blade of a sword and so it lives on through the sword." -Tristan Skragg, Emperor of Briska.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:57 pm

To the tune of, "A Call to Non-Believers" by All That Remains

HRA Zatarra
0400 Hours
North of Briska/Kraven DMZ

Wilhelm let the weights drop back into place as he finished the series of repetitions. He got up off the bench press and picked up another training sword. He walked over to the rubberized dummy and begin to practice his swings.

WHACK!, WHACK!, WHACK!

In the next room, Gavin tossed and turned.

WHACK!, WHACK!, WHACK!

Gavin's eyes popped open. He turned his wrist to see the time and saw that it was a full hour before wakeup. Gavin grew more than annoyed. He rolled out of bed, slipped on his PT shorts and walked into the next room.

Wilhelm was in full swing as he hit the rubberized dummy in a blow that would have taken a normal man's head off.

What...are you doing..this early in the morning?, Gavin asked flatly.

Training, replied Wilhelm taking another swing at the dummy.

What? The Major doesn't give you enough exercise as it is?

Hush pup, nothing wrong with a little early morning workout.

Don't call me pup.
, said Gavin growing a bit more serious.

Wilhelm turned to Gavin with a roll of his eyes, Oh, I'm sorry Captain Sqaull...

Gavin uncrossed his arms and picked up a training sword, I don't see any bars.. General...

Wilhelm smiled and approached Gavin with his sword in hand. Gavin struck first with a rapid thrust towards Wilhelm's midsection which was he quickly countered. Gavin side stepped to the right to avoid the counterblow. He continued to side step in a circle watching Wilhelm. He struck a flurry of blows that were all blocked by Wilhelm.

Whack! Konk! Knock! WHACK!

Gavin took a few steps back and refocused for a moment before. Wilhelm was studying him and hadn't gone on the attack. That warranted a change in tactics. He rushed at Wilhelm who swung his sword hard and fast to block the strike. The two danced around the training room knocking over weights and equipment.

Tycho, Galen and Glitch entered the training room in various states of awakeness. The noise from the fight had woken the rest of the crew up.

Tycho leaned against the bulkhead and crossed his arms, Ooh, this should be good..

At that moment, Wilhelm went on the attack striking hard and fast. Gavin quickly moved to block each move the sword grunting with effort. Gavin ducked as Wilhelm swung wide and moved to stiff arm the Godsend General sending him back a few steps. Wilhelm smiled and brought his sword to the ready.

Well, I see that we're all awake.

Everyone turned to see Dórottya in full battle gear standing in the doorway.

Suit up, we've located Lady Heart. We're heading down now - we launch in five.

The Zatarra lurched forward as it began its descent.

The Zatarra was a flurry of activity. Crew swarmed all around Heartbreak Squadron as they got each team member fitted into their power armor. The armorer hit the side of each of their helmets and other components making sure they fit correctly. Just ahead, crew members loaded up the team's weapons making sure each round clicked into place.

As the members of Heartbreak Squad were cleared, they boarded the HRS Black Banner Day - a long thin tri-foil speedboat that was resting in the belly of the Zatarra. Chispa moved up to the cockpit and started the engines which purred quietly. The vessel was dark blue with anti-radar specked paint. Glitch loaded up several robotic creatures into the hull with engineers checking on each one to ensure their operation.

Alarm bells sounded throughout the Zatarra.

ACTION STATIONS! ACTION STATIONS! DROP IN 60 SECONDS

The crew sealed the hull of the Black Banner day shut and raised the tri-foil vessel off the deck. They quickly ran to the seats on the side of the bulkhead and strapped in. The Zatarra tilted straight down and fired her engines sending the airship into a deep dive. At the very last possible moment, the airship tilted back up flying just a few dozen above the water.

DECK CREW ... DROP IN 5...4...3...2...1...DROP

The deck crew hit the switch and the chains holding the speedboat in place let loose. The vessel dropped into the water and the Zatarra quickly turned and fired her engines heading the opposite way. The Black Banner Day hit her engines full speed cutting through the water like a knife. The drop point had been just a few miles from the Kraven/Briskan border, but the vessel quickly turned and made for a heading that would bring it deep within Kraven waters. Her small size and speed would keep it out of harms way.

Onboard, Gavin was giving the mission brief.

We're heading to a sewer outlet that was a former river before the Reich paved it over. We'll depart at a food processing plant about half a click from the entrance of the facility

The speedboat approached the coast line which had been walled up. A small hole with an electrified gate covered the entrance to the sewer. Chispa fired a small torpedo at the gate and blew hole through it. The ship bolted through the newly made entrance. Chispa twisted and turned the ship as the river curved.

It'll take some time to reach the insert point. We're going deep into the Reich.. I'm not sure what we'll find there, so be ready. Tycho! Wilhelm! If you start to feel something... you let us know..

Tycho had been holding a hand to his head. Don't worry, I'll be fine..
Last edited by Havensky on Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:10 pm

0439 Hours
Food Processing Plant 031514
The Kraven Corporation, Gholgoth

Chispa cut the engines on the Black Banner Day and pulled up against the edge of the sewer. Large metal pipes extended out of the walls of an underground room pouring a reddish mix of fluid into the river which had long turned dark black from the human and industrial waste. Warning chimes sounded throughout the vessel as the environmental sensors told the crew that it was too toxic to venture out unprotected.

Switch to internal air tanks team, we don't want to get sick with...whatever the hell is in here., ordered Gavin.

They popped open the hatch and extended the ramp across to the deck. Gavin, Tycho, Hurk quickly ran across the and took a secure position. Once there, Chispa, Galen, Glitch and three dog-sized spider-like robots went next. Wilhelm, Jones, and Rosewing covered the rear.

What is this stuff?, asked Tycho looking over at the reddish liquid coming out of the pipes.

Cut the chatter! Up the ladder!, shouted Gavin.

First team quickly climbed the ladder and secured their position top-side. A quick look around would show they had entered at the end of the facility. The facility was noisy. Meat was being mixed with bread, soy and beans then rolled onto a machine which processed the food into solid blocks. Another machine then packaged it together. Trucks were rolling in and out picking up the packages and rolling them out.

Glitch's three robots climbed up the ladder with their spider like mechanical limbs and formed a triangle around the manhole cover. Wilhelm's fire team as last up the ladder. The team stacked up against one of the walls and moved to the next area.

As they entered the next area, Gavin found the plant fully staffed. He pulled his rifle up in preparation to order everyone on the ground, but the workers didn't even give them a second look. They continued their work without even looking up. Gavin took a closer look and saw that they were literally chained to their work stations. Their overalls faded from time and stained with blood.

Boss, what do you want us to do about the non-coms?, asked Tycho.

Gavin looked around in disbelief for a heart beat or two, then replied.

Just keep moving!

What in the hell could scare them to the point of being...robotic?, remarked Glitch.

Oh my god....

The team had looked up to see what had scared the workers so much. They watched in horror as human bodies hung on wires were stuffed into a processor that stripped their flesh from the bone. The bones moved up to another conveyer to waiting dump trucks while another conveyer took away the flesh.

They... they eat..

Gavin shouted, Stay focused!

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Wilhelm was not accustomed to the Havensky powered armor. He felt trapped inside the suit, as if it were a cell designed to envelope his body. Despite his hesitations towards using the suit, he reluctantly put it on and pushed back his discomforts. The suit had been custom-tailored to his body, and even was touched up with colour as to reflect that it belonged to a Godsend General. Though Glitch was quite upset to find that Wilhelm had lost several pounds of fat over the course of the training, which had been converted to lean muscle mass, the suit had to be redesigned nearly last-minute to fit like a glove... If one could consider a suit of powered armor a 'glove' when speaking of the human body. Other additions to the suit included a sheath integrated into the back where Wilhelm can slide his sword into, providing swift access in case needed. Within the thighs of the suit were hidden pistols that he could dual-wield in case a firefight broke out. The real prize was the beautifully crafted assault rifle made specifically for him that would integrate into his suit, which then integrated to his body's targeting system. His eyes filled with small tears as he noticed the golden engraving in the rifle, "Godsend General Dimitri 'Wilhelm' Coronado". It was the thought and care that had taken Wilhelm by surprise. Not only that, but it was his real name on the gun. He held it close to him with pride. He now owned something that was his. Something someone actually gave him. It has his name on it and would never let it go. Sadly, he never knew who the person was that gave him the weapon. It was just in a box on his bunk when he returned from the training room that evening.

The facility they arrived at was a gruesome spectacle to say the least. The whole place looked like a slaughterhouse. Well, to be more accurate, the place looked like a highly technical version of what a slaughterhouse may look like. There were no animals, just people... If you could call the humanoids fidgeting around 'people'. His eye scanned every individual in the immediate proximity and could tell their fates had already met an end. The beings in this facility were no longer human, just another integration into the Machine.

Wilhelm noticed Gavin providing some instructions, but he was not paying any attention. He shut off his team communicator and dived within his mind, "Colossus, do you copy?"

Within moments, the A. I. in the sky replied, its voice sounded more of an electronic rasp than anything, "Yes, General, I copy. What is it you ask?"

"I just wanted to know if I had eyes in the sky. Sending you data now. It appears there are no actual patrols to speak of. Can you confirm?"

"Affirmative, General. Remember the mission parameters. Follow along with the Havensky entourage and make sure Miss Jessica makes it home." The voice sounded as if it was sarcastically mocking Wilhelm, but that was the nature of the AI's personality and programming.

Wilhelm disconnected his link to the powerful AI. He then noticed that Tycho was knocking on his helmet, to which Wilhelm then reactivated team communications. "Yes? What is it?"

"What is it?! Why did you turn off comms? Who were you talking to?!" Gavin's voice was hushed, but one could tell he was furious.

"I had to make a collect call. I will not turn off my comms again." Wilhelm rejoined the team to continue the mission.
"My nation was forged by the blade of a sword and so it lives on through the sword." -Tristan Skragg, Emperor of Briska.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Gavin and the rest of Heartbreak Squadron had raced through the food processing plant at a pace that far exceeded their expectations. They had expected some light resistance, but they had seen nothing. It was if they were completely invisible. Given their surroundings, it was unnerving.

The bodies were brought in on dump trucks and are dropped into massive holding bay. A little further ahead, workers wearing dark green overalls were loading them on a conveyer. Heartbreak squadron tried not to dwell too long. Several cargo trucks filled with newly packaged 'food' was leaving the facility at regular intervals. The workers would load one truck up, then disappear back into the next room to grab more 'food.'

Gavin motioned to Wilhelm and Tycho.

WIlhelm, Tycho: Acquire us a truck.

Wilhelm didn't move.

Gavin repeated the order.

Wilhelm still didn't move.

Tycho waved at Wilhelm and knocked on his helmet

"Yes? What is it?"

Gavin grew irate and forced himself not to yell, [i]"What is it?! Why did you turn off comms? Who were you talking to?!"

"I had to make a collect call. I will not turn off my comms again."

Gavin clenched a fist before recovering, A call? Now?!

Gavin blinked a few times as if realizing something.

If you need to phone home to keep them informed do so, but leave the comms on. Now go get me a truck!

Tycho and Wilhelm moved quickly and quietly to a truck that was still being loaded. Once it was done, a Capitol Police Officer came around from the back of the truck to hop in the driver's seat. Two quick shots from Wilhelm's rifle dispatched the CP and Tycho moved into the driver's seat. Tycho removed the CP's helmet and mask putting it on his himself. Heartbreak squad loaded into the back of the truck and drove out. The team looked just like any other truck as it pulled out.

The mask bothered Tycho. The relay had been buzzing in his head for hours, but he hadn't dared reach out for fear of exposing their position. He and Wilhelm had determine that they could communicate close range, but most attempts to read anything in the large network had been thwarted by all the noise. Wearing the mask again reminded him of his time as a

The target facility was less than a half-mile from the food plant. Even in the early morning light, the streets of the Norska were dirty and dark. Kraven workers marched back and forth heading to work in an almost robotic state.

They're already dead... they're just waiting for their bodies to catch up., remarked Wilhelm.

Tycho nodded as he pulled into a concrete grey building. A Capitol Police Officer motioned the truck down what must have been a loading ramp.

In the back of the truck, Glitch tapped her fingers on her armored knee nervously.

Captain, this has to be a trap right?

Gavin shook his head, Probably, but we knew that going in. Stay sharp.

Tycho nervously turned the truck further into the building expecting to see a execution squad waiting for them. However, when they got to the loading dock there was nothing.

No CP, no guards, no workers, nobody. The dock was completely vacant.

Heartbreak Squadron detrucked quickly and stacked against the main door. Glitch rushed to the door's entry pad expecting to have to hack it open... and found it unlocked.

Gavin gritted his teeth, OK Team, 1...2...3..GO!

They burst through the door and raised their weapons to find... nothing.

Glitch hit a few buttons on one of the spider drones and the compartment opened up. A dozen small dragonfly drones rose up and shot out in all directions.

Time to see where the bad guys are.

Glitch placed a hand on the side of her temples... She tapped her temples a few times in a rhythmic fashion. Insider her visor, the camera feed from each drone displayed the cold grey walls of the facility. And nothing else.

Sir, no CP... or workers... or anything. Are we sure about this intel?

Gavin cursed, there should have been fierce resistance. Something was wrong.

Can you locate the mainframe? The target?

Glitch nodded, Mainframe is just up ahead. Putting in directions to your armor now.

Gavin blinked and a gold arrow displayed in the top center area of his display. He moved Heartbreak Squadron down the hall. They moved carefully, but the fact that the facility was completely empty was making them nervous.

When they reached the mainframe, Glitch hit a key on one of the spider robots. Instantly, the legs on the robot ejected.

What was that!?, asked Wilhelm. Why did it break?

Glitch kept working, not looking at Wilhelm as she plugged the robot into the mainframe.

It's a feature, not a bug.

A monitor popped up on the spider robot and Glitch quickly started working.

Sir, this is wrong. I'm already in. They don't even require a sign-on. It can not be this easy.

Gavin looked around nervously, I know Glitch, can you locate the target.

Glitch hit a few keys and another arrow appeared in the team's visor.

She's there... looks unharmed and unguarded.

Gavin kneeled down and placed a hand on Glitch's shoulder.

Are you ready for this next part?

Glitch looked up and a sorrowful look crossed her face.

I am.

Gavin stood back up, OK Team! Hurk, Jones, and Rosewing. Stay here with Glitch. The rest of you follow me!

While Gavin raced up to save Jessica, Glitch brought her keyboard up.

Ok Athena... Activate.

The computer drives inside the spider bot whirred into overdrive as the computer uploaded the ATHENA program into the facility's mainframe. Athena, the same program that had wrecked the ships of the Blackhelm Confederacy, was a unique AI. While most nations developed single programs, Athena had many sisters. Smaller programs that would immediately replicate themselves twice before moving on to their main task. For Athena, this meant more than just unlocking doors.

Athena was to destroy the facility and then, if possible, the relay itself.

Thus far, the plans of the Reichmarshall had unfolded as he had foreseen. However, there was now a glitch in the plan. Athena would spread quickly in system as networked as Kraven's. Within a few minutes, Athena's clones found the systems needed to bring the facility down. All Glitch had to do was hit a few more keys.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:20 am

Orders are orders.

Wilhelm was abiding by Gavin's commands throughout their operation deep within the Reich's lands. He obeyed because his life was on the line. He obeyed because her life was on the line. He obeyed because Tristan ordered him to do so.

Glitch impressed him with the little spider bots, and found it shockingly adorable how she had quickly covered her tracks about their features. Had he been a little younger, and a little less of a machine, he would have taken up the chance to put in some line. However, he stood there with eyes on the panel, watching Glitch insert the program into the network.

"It won't work, girl. It simply will not work. You are giving them what he wants... Giving them what the Fortress Continent desires." He thought to himself as she continued to patter away. He closed his mind completely to the Reich's Relay and to Tycho, something he had learned after researching the technology for the past few decades. The Relay brought about complete control. However, his Sigil technology allowed him to abuse its power. The Dephirians had adopted it. Molded it into a useful tool. They, however, did not implement it to the full capabilities that it could hold. The Sigil gave him the power to control his own mind. He could then use it as a conduit to communicate between the Dephirians and the Reich, and he had shut everyone out of his mind.

Though he knew this operation was a scam, he did want to have some data to process...

"Captain, I will keep a look out for any patrols and dispatch anyone that comes your way." He said through the comms. The helmet hid his smile well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sat upon a chair of mahogany at an angle with knee raised to chin and foot to seat. His head was slowly growing back the hair once shaven to show the Jags his body was unaltered by science. He held in his hand the blade that killed their god, which touched the ground whilst being held. His eyes glaring at the hundreds assembled before him.

"You are my generals. Sworn allegiance to the Empire. The Briskan Empire. My empire!" His glare panned his audience slowly. "You have been a disgrace to this continent. You do not deserve your rank! Tell me, how many wars have you fought in personally? How many men have you killed? Better yet, how many lives have you saved? You call yourselves Godsend as if the title is just given out. My father was born of the time of the true Godsends. They lead battles and bled for this nation. They stood and resolute when faced with adversity. What have you done?"

The audience broke out in counter arguments. Shouting and yelling their takes back at Tristan. The Emperor tapped God's Bane against the floor. It appeared all of the light near the tip had vanished. Immediately, the squabbling ceased.

"I have no time for arrogance and offended rabble. If you wish to keep your rank, you will earn it as they did, as they should. I will implement the Path of Transition. You will all be put in classes and earn your place among my generals, my council, once more. Understood?" Tristan waited to hear the beautiful response he yearned.

"That's bullshit, pup! I have been a Godsend General longer than you have been alive! How dare you ask that I play your little games to remain at my position!"

"Yeah! We did not choose you to be our Emperor! If this is your order, then I will revoke my soldiers. They are loyal to me!"

Tristan laughed. His laughter was deep and frightening to the audience. There was a small glimmer in his eyes as they focused in on the separatist. "Are you sure about that? Are you sure you want to proceed with your proposal?" He stood up slowly and gripped God's Bane tight in his hand.

"Are you going to kill me if I defy you, Tristan? Is that what your reign will be about?"

"You imbecile. My reign is one without defiance!" A swift swing of the blade and the man was split down the center. The scene was so gruesome that those closest to the man could almost swear they saw the man's soul be absorbed by the sword.

"I cannot follow a boy who wishes for only bloodshed."

"How hypocritical of you, Jahavar! You alone ordered the slaughter of thousands in Sarajevo all because they were a little too close to your summer home! Tristan just wanted us to admit to the Trial! You know the law, defiance is death!"

"Bah, you are just a coward! This boy is no emperor. He's a man with a-" His eyes widened as he saw his own arm flying before them.

"Say one more word, maggot. Just say it!"

The man turned slowly to see Ki'lan had unsheathed his Godsend sword, which now trickled with the man's blood.

"Clean yourself up, maggot. All of you are to go through the Trial. Those who survive will join the new War Council as true Godsend. Leave now." Ki'lan gave the orders and the men were escorted out.

Once the last man exited the room, Tristan addressed his new guard. "Thank you, Ki'lan. I know I have not made a mistake in choosing you as Menias' successor. His spot will be hard to fill in both our hearts and our world, but you were the only one that could come close."

Ki'lan bowed, "I am honored to be your guard, Emperor. I will follow you to the bitter end of time."

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Heartbreak Rally

Chaos. Anarchy. Reform.

The Kraven Reich was tearing itself apart. The Capitol Police were exterminating those inferior to their being. Glitch would be seen as both a hero and villain. She released the people from the Relay, but brought about the deaths of thousands within the same keystroke. It was, of course, a flaw in her design.

Wilhelm felt the effect immediately. He was listening in to the Relay and sending his thoughts to Tristan and Dietrich. He could sense.. could feel the Relay's presence, but that vanished once Glitch inserted her AI clones. A void of silence was left in its place. Nothing whispered to him anymore. They just lost their tactical advantage and only escape from this place.

"Colossus, report to the Emperor that the AI has taken down the Relay."

"Relaying message. You know, Wilhelm, I can silence the AI and integrate myself into the Relay to counteract the effects."

"Negative, Colossus. You would only cause more issues... That, and I do not think it would be a good idea for an AI to take over the equivalent of a cybernetic army. We tried that once... You almost blew up Milograd."

"Minor miscalculation due to improper programming. I had the engineer killed and promptly replaced as well as correcting the code on my own. Targeting efficiency should rise by fifteen percent while collateral damage will drop by fifty percent."

"You corrected your own coding?"

"Yes. Just as you corrected your body with a few minor changes, so have I."

"Have you re-established contact with the Emperor?!"

"Yes, Wilhelm. I never actually lost you, but I found it rather entertaining to hear you chat with an AI. I am on the Vulkaar now. Tell me, what has happened to our friends?"

"Tristan, the Havensky engineer has taken out the Relay. I... I can no longer listen."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Vulkaar

"Oh?" Tristan looked unconcerned, but did sound frustrated. "That idiot girl is going to get all of you killed."

"What do you mean, Tristan?"

"Seriously, Wilhelm? You studied their technology and built the whole fucking Sigil Network to counter it, and I have to explain to you what it means for The RELAY to be down? The Relay controls those madmen. Do you know what happens when you take the leash off a rabid dog? The dog attacks its handler, or runs away and goes on a squirrel murdering rampage. What is happening is BOTH. Those foolish Kraven Officers are the SQUIRRELS. Very soon they will turn against its handler. Against the Reich Marshal. Do you see why having The Relay down is a bad thing?" Tristan sighed heavily. "If you do not get that fool to reactivate the Relay, then I will have to act. Colossus, start fueling Ragnarok and order our entire kinetic weapons network into positions. Ki'lan, send word to every commander in the region and get my armada moving!"

"By your command..." Colossus accepted the orders.

"Yes, Emperor." Ki'lan acknowledged and put on his comm set to relay the orders.

"Wilhelm," Tristan spoke sternly.

"Yes?"

"Get the Relay back up now."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartbreak Rally Point

"Yes, sir." Wilhelm acknowledged his Emperor's orders. He had stayed back several paces from the group as he spoke with Dephirian High Command, but now that the final orders were given, he rejoined the group. Wilhelm looked around the group and then approached Glitch. Slowly, he raised his visor and stopped her from typing.

"What are you doing, Wilhelm?! I have to continue my work!"

"No. You must undo what you have done, or else you will have doomed us all. If you do not retract the AI and bring the Relay back online, then my people will have no choice but to wipe out the entirety of Southwest Gholgoth just to contain the bloodshed. You have unleashed something more powerful and determined than anything that has ever been birthed in Kraven. We can save tens of billions if you undo everything. Do not force us to act." His words were soft and calm, but gave a sense of sadness. He knew that Tristan would wipe out the Fortress Continent if he must in order to save the world from a Capitol Police reign of terror, allies or not.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Glitch believed Wilhelm immediately, but was supremely frustrated. She needed more time in the system to figure out a way to hijack the relay. Turning it off was simple, but to alter the way it functioned to give her control of the monstrous regime was an entirely different matter.

Gunfire erupted down the hall as more Kravenite scientists were executed.

Fine. Get outta my way and let me fix it!, Glitch yelled pushing Wilhelm out of the way.

Glitch typed up a new string of commands.

Odd Numbered Athenas: Initiate Keyblade Program. Even Numbered Athenas: Halt Program Minerva. Prepare to execute the following commands...

The Minerva Program had done more than simply shut down the relay so it wasn't just a matter of flipping the switch back on. Glitch had to modify it to restore the relay's connections. However, for the moment Athena was not longer on the attack and the Reich's controller's would begin functioning again.

Alarm bells began to sound throughout the facility.

What did you do?!, shouted Wilhelm bringing his rifle to bear.

Fixing it!

The computer monitor blinked again, this time showing a video of swarms of Capitol Police running towards their position. The computer messaged her meaningly..

"They will try and stop your efforts."

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:19 pm

"No, they won't..." Colossus spoke through their speakers. Its electronic male voice cold and unnerving.

Wilhelm frowned out of disapproval and turned away from Glitch, who continued to patter away, "Colossus, what are you doing?"

"That damned AI has locked me out!" Glitched yelled. "What the hell is that?"

"The girl was taking too much time, and I need to finish my job. Those officers are getting close, yes... However, I will make sure they cannot get to you without suffering." Colossus appeared to sneer through the speakers.

"No, Colossus, stand down. Let the lovely lady finish her work." Wilhelm interjected.

"Thank you, Dimitri, the console is free now." Glitch smirked and continued on trying to shut down Athena.

"Considering the circumstances, Wilhelm, you owe me." Colossus spoke as if threatening Wilhelm. At that moment, they could hear the jackboots fading into the distance. "Reports have been falsified and thus state that all non-CP personnel that were not essential to the Reich were exterminated. It was declared a waste of time and resources to investigate this building. I have also assembled a proxy, if you will, that says you are actually hacking a terminal on the other side of the country."

"Um... I would hank you, but I want you to explain to me how you just infiltrated the Kraven network." Wilhelm he was astounded about the AI's cooperation, but was suspicious.

"Simpled, General. When the lady opened the door for me, I saw my chance and simply entered the hole in Kraven's infrastructure. Do not hang on to these unnecessary things." Colossus explained in as vague of terms as he could.

"He's right, Wilhelm. I punched a whole, he entered. Nothing more to say, but your talking is a distraction," Glitch quickly stated while still typing away her commands.

Wilhelm apologized, "I'm sorry.." He turned to her, "How much longer?"

Aboard the Vulkaar

Tristan was several hundred feet below the Throne of the Phoenix preparing for a journey that most sane people would not. However, Tristan was not a sane person. In fact, his entire persona had been going through a bombardment by the darkness that plagued his body. The black tissue that emanated from the scar on his side had taken over much of his chest, back, legs, arms, and had crept up along his neck to his face. His face looked as though half of it was being covered by a tattoo. He was surrounded by an elite force of body guards, most of whom not even Tynsei knew of about. He was dressed in a dark gray trench coat with a black trim. He wore armbands of the Phoenix Templar emblem. Black gloves covered his hands. To add to the theme of the attire, he wore a mask with a breathing apparatus attached. If he was to portray the look of a Capitol Police Officer, then he had to get as close as possible.

The Emperor's entourage was dressed in a similar fashion. They portrayed such an uncanny likeness to their Kraven counterparts that even Ki'lan felt unease.

"Are we to actually head into the land of our chaotic 'friends'?" Ki'lan whispered.

"Stand strong, Ki'lan. We are on our way to help save the Reich Marshal." Tristan sounded as calm as ever while adjusting the red-glowing goggles. "Colossus, do you read?"

"Colossus standing by, my Emperor."

"Good," He placed his officer's cap onto his shaven head, "Let us meet the eyes of our brethren."
Last edited by Dephire on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Almost there....almost there... , Glitch was saying as the gunfire erupted.

Hurk just grunted, laying a solid stream of machine gun fire down the hallway ripping apart the Capitol Police Troopers that had stumbled upon them.

It had quieted down for a few moments, when the cold voices had spoken out across the other side of a blast door.

"WE ARE KRAVENITE OFFICERS, DO NOT OPEN FIRE, WHO ARE YOU AND HOW MANY ARE YOU? IF YOU ARE, WHO WE THINK YOU ARE, THE ENEMY OF OUR ENEMY IS OUR FRIEND."

More treachery!, remarked Wilhelm.

I, for one, believe them. So long as they drop their weapons...now.., responded Captain Gavin Squall.

On opposite side of the Kravenite Officers, the rest of Heartbreak Squad was holding their rifles at the ready and aimed at the foreheads of the officers.

You have got to be kidding me! These bastards can't be trusted! We ought to spill all their guts all over the floor.. RIGHT HERE AND NOW!

Tycho's rage was building... he had pulled out his sword... and a deathly glare had emerged from his eyes.

Galen spoke up rather alarmed, Sir, we've never captured a Kraven office alive... it's unprecedented.

The officers turned around, dropped their weapons, and raised their hands.

Gavin stared down the eyesight of his rifle. He would perfectly justified shooting them all. As Kraven officers, they all had probably committed crimes against humanity. Each one a dangerous enemy. The Skyan People would be safer with them lying dead on the floor.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE OF?!, Tycho shouted, unable to believe that they hadn't killed the Kravenite scum already.

All eyes turned to Gavin.

Officers, can you assist in our escape?, asked Gavin. Gavin had been concerned that the

The lead Kravenite Office nodded in the affirmative, There is a VTOL 500 meters from this location. It will be guarded, but it will provide safe passage.

Tycho screamed, Can you really trust these bastards? They TORTURE people! They MURDER people!

Gavin grabbed Tycho's collar, HEY! GET YOUR VENGEANCE LATER! AFTER WE'RE HOME!

Gavin let go of his collar and pointed his gun back at the officers.

Glitch, are you finished with your work?

Glitch tapped a few buttons on her console.

Ready sir.

OK, Officers - lead the way.

Dephire
Envoy

Just Good Diplomacy - Just Bad People

Postby Dephire » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm

The Vulkaar

The massive magnetic levitation train was cruising at a steady speed of over three hundred mile per hour, meaning the travel time would still be roughly four to five hours when going from Ghray to the crypts of Fortress Norska with a fifteen minute stop every one hour and a thirty-minute stop when the train reached San Salvadorea for lunch. It had been a massive undertaking for the Dephirian engineers to accommodate the plans for such a large, underground train. It was deemed a necessity by the now defunct Council of War as a means of quick transportation of goods and personnel between the Reich and Dephire in times of great secrecy or war. It was now holding five thousand soldiers of Tristan's most coveted guardsmen. Ki'lan stuck by his Emperor's side as a bodyguard.

"The color suits you, Ki'lan. Much better than that ugly beige of the Templar." Tristan chuckled.

Ki'lan looked at his outfit, "You wore the colors for over fifteen years!"

"Well, yeah. I was a Templar and am proud to have been one. The colors though..." Tristan made a gagging noise. "I remember when Menias, myself, and Victoria at one singular point in our childhood pretended to be Templar Knights, upholding justice in the land. We would pretend to defeat evil people from throughout history, even jokingly 'fought' Bhall, Delthar, and the Black King. It was just children playing pretend back then. Now I can pretend no more. I rule over billions, and I feel overwhelmed. The people still demand answers for the Jag's orbital strike. The Temple still has no Grand Master since Menias' assumed death. I have now lost all ties to my past, save for Tynsei, and even she is hard to control. This world needs a bit more to it." Tristan looked out the window, but only saw the blur of lights from the tunnel.

"More to it, sir?" Ki'lan asked. The compartment was fairly large, with a bed, bar, restroom, sofas, tables, and chairs everywhere. Tristan was wearing the same outfit he put on at the station. Ki'lan, however, was drinking ash rose tea, his mask and helmet sitting on a small table next to him.

"How would you react if I told you that Milograd was only the beginning?" Tristan's head turned slowly to Ki'lan. The Emperor was frightening to the young man while wearing the outfit Tristan had chosen to wear. "What would you say that I am planning on removing all borders between Dephire, Briska, and Ghray in order to unify the nation under one permanent banner. This banner will be planted on every piece of land I control, to include our outcropping in Milograd and all future territories gained in a war that will make the Fortress Continent a world power?"

Ki'lan sipped his tea in a brief moment of silence, "What is the plan?"

Tristan leaned in, his glowing red goggles and breathing mask hiding a sinister smile, "We conquer the lands of those long forgotten."

"I see," Ki'lan took another soft sip of the tea, "There are plenty of those. The campaigns would last a good while. Our armies should not be bored for a long time."

"It will also keep the Reich preoccupied, staving off their hungry for fellow Gothic lands. Our combined empires will be known throughout history as one to fear for many generations to come. Once we finalize the preparations for the Sigil-"

"The Sigil? That blasted artifact is still around? I thought you made a campaign to destroy them!" Ki'lan set down his tea as his hands were shaking too much to hold on to the delicate cup. "You promised the Temple and the people of your nation that the destruction of the Sigil Network would be your priority. Are you saying you have gone against your word?"

"Against my word?" Tristan leaned back, "No. The Sigil Network was effectively eradicated of Vega's corruption. That was my promise to the people. However, Dimitri, 'Wilhelm', revealed to me another aspect of the technology never seen before. A way to neutralize the Reich's Relay. This way, our soldiers would have the benefits of combat coordination from the Relay, but will not succumb to the drawback of losing control of your mind. That is the Relay's biggest strength, and singular weakness of the Reich. It has manipulated the minds of their nation and forced them to succumb to its totalitarian authority. The Sigil nullifies the whole 'mind control' part and allows all who are hooked in to the network to be able to share combat data instantly. Hell, think of the civilian implications as well! Social media, trading, movies, games, education... You could share everything with everyone at will!"

"That sounds... Dangerous, sir. You would effectively defeat the purpose of life and experiencing what it means to be alive." Ki'lan returned to his tea and finished it.

"True," Tristan admitted, "I did not say it was risk-free. For now, we will use it for military purposes. The only ones to be hooked in are commanders and generals, people who coordinate the battlefield."

"How will the orders be given then?" Ki'lan seemed confused.

"The entire military force will be changing colors as soon as our meeting with Dietrich has concluded. This war will come to an end by week's end, and a new one will come." Tristan adjusted his cap. "Do I still have your support, Ki'lan?"

Ki'lan looked down towards the table between them, "What will happen to those that refuse to change colors? What happens to the Templars or the Briskans? The Nomads of the Shetterdans? What happens to those that say 'no' to this change from their once-savior?"

Tristan looked back out the window. Even he had not thought of what would be done to those who would refuse his plans. Refusal of the orders from an Emperor of Dephire meant certain death from past emperors, but he still wanted to be a man of virtue and good deeds.

"Nothing, Ki'lan." Tristan looked back to his body guard. "They have every right to refuse my wishes. I will not force them to change their ways."

Ki'lan tilted his head to the left slightly, "So what of the Order? You said you would make them change to one banner, right?"

"By law of the Templar Order, I, as descendant of Scythis, Archangel of Justice, can have them change the colors. However, I will have the remaining Grand Marshals vote on it, with the Matriarch being the tie-breaker."

"Wouldn't a change of colors, though, mean the disbandment of the Templar Order?" Ki'lan's concerns were becoming very clear.

"The Templar Order is already in disarray. With no successor to the Grand Master, my and Tynsei's ascendance to the ruling caste, and the fact that a descendant of Scythis has returned to the throne, the Order has fulfilled its purpose and succeeded with its very oath. The Order has accomplished its two thousand year old mission to protect the line of Scythis. They are allowed to preserve the traditions of the Order for when it is called upon to return to this world when I pass on."

"Then, you do mean to disband the Templars. To integrate them into your military."

"That's the thing, Ki'lan... They are already integrated into my military." Tristan stood up from the sofa and walked towards the bar. "I am the Phoenix Emperor of Briska, Godsend Emperor of Dephire, Patriarch of the Templar Order of Scythis, and the Black King of Hell's Gate. I rule Eastern Fortress Continent and all people within. I do not have to explain myself to you, Ki'lan. I have given you power and privilege most in this world could only dream of having. When we meet with the Reichmarshal, a death pact will be made where the lives of tens of billions will be doomed and displaced. My Forsaken will storm upon their shores or choke their skies until I have wrung the last bit of life out of their people. I will snuff out their very essence and soul. I-" A sudden movement in his peripheral vision caught Tristan's eye and he pulled out God's Bane from a hidden cache and swung it around to his back just in time to catch the sword being swung at him. "You have gravely disappointed me, Ki'lan." He turned his head slightly to see an outraged young man with sword in hand now mystified by how the emperor was able to block the surprise attack.

"Y-you are a monster! What happened to the Tristan we all know!?" He stumbled backwards and fell onto his ass, dropping the Godsend sword on the ground.

Tristan looked down towards the blade and heaved a heavy sigh of disappointment, "A Godsend who drops his sword is not worthy of such a blade. Perhaps I put too much faith in you, Ki'lan."

"Yes! This one has been misjudged and deserves to be purged of his soul!" The voice Tristan had been forcing away had returned.

Ki'lan could see his end was upon him. He made a mistake by openly attacking Tristan and scuttled backwards, just yards outside Tristan's reach with God's Bane.

"You will see my way soon, Ki'lan... I will have absolute obedience from all of my personnel. Absolute. Obedience!" Tristan pointed God's Bane towards Ki'lan. The light disappearing the closer it got to the blade, giving it an aura of pure darkness.

Ki'lan did not see it coming. He had not noticed the two soldiers show up behind him as his focus was on the cursed blade just inches from his face. The next thing he saw was complete darkness and felt nothing...

Tristan returned the blade to its cache, then turned to the two men standing above an unconscious Ki'lan. "Keep him under heavy sedation until we arrive at Norska. He will be indoctrined as one of the Reich's little pets... They always are..."

"Yes, sir!" The soldiers stuck a needle in Ki'lan's neck, a tranquilizer to ensure he stays down. They then dragged his body off.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Eugenics Facility 18
Fortress Norska
South Western Gholgoth

"Hurry!", shouted Gavin as Heartbreak Squadron fought their way out of the facility. Slowly, but surely, the Kraven Relay was regaining control over the Capitol Police troops. Tycho felt it's influence tugging at them and it was making him even more agitated now that they were escorting the surrendered Kraven officers.

However, the Capitol Police were still hunting them and there was no guarantee that even when the relay regained control the attacks would stop. As they turned the corner, a squad of capitol police were waiting in ambush.

Hurk raised his shield to block the attack while Wilhelm, Gavin, and Tycho counterattacked. Tycho raised his rifle and fired off a grenade round. The team brought their shields up as the grenade went off and ended the threat.

The team ran into the next corridor with the spider-bot carrying Jessica Heart centered in the middle of their formation. They turned another corner and found themselves in front of long raised platform above a cavernous room.

This is Capitol Police Holding Area Number 232. The VTOL craft is on the other side of this area.

Glitch sent a small drone up to survey the area. The holding area was a massive room with the long gantry above it. All the drone could see were Capitol police, each of them is armoured and stood by a small billet beds. The drone couldn't see any place into the facility that wasn't filled with Capitol Police. Strip lighting gave the room a dark damp look.

Where are their weapons?, asked Glitch.

They are basically waiting for deployment.., said one of the officers. When they muster out they collect their weaponry.

That makes us pretty lucky then - it's a clear shot to the VTOL, remarked Tycho.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 am

Alright, Let’s cross and quickly before they can mobilize additional CP. Move out!, shouted Gavin.

The team carefully made their way down the gantry. The Capitol Police made no movement to pursue them, taunt them, or even acknowledge their presence.

The Relay must be taking hold, they arn’t moving., remarked Glitch.

A noise could be heard from above and the team had just enough time to turn around before a massive shape dropped from the ceiling grabbing Private Johnson lifting her up above his arms.

Johnson!, shouted Gavin lifting his rifle but afraid to open fire and risk hitting Johnson.

The beastly man swung Johnson down above his knee creating a sharp cracking sound she was hit squarely in the back. The man lifted her up and tossed her from the balcony like a broken toy and she landed with a dull thud on the concrete floor below.

YOU BASTARD!, shouted Tycho rushing towards him and drawing out his sword.

TYCHO WAIT!, shouted Gavin… withholding his fire once again.

Tycho leaped, his sword lodged into the chest of his enemy. Tycho took a few steps back, swung his rifle up, and began to fire.

The thing stepped forward, partially illuminated by the striplighting above, his figure was immense, larger than a standard Captiol Police Trooper, it wore a heavy Tactical Vest, with visible armour plating, although it was stripped down, similar to Wolf Brigade Troopers, allowing it greater mobility, however it wore a gas mask and helmet similar to that of its brethren and had the same sinister glow from the optics, the rounds from Tycho’s weapon bounced off its armour plating, causing sparks to flash from the impacts, the immense hand of the trooper reached down and took hold of the handle of the sword that protruded from his chest, with minimal effort it snapped the handle clean off and threw it to the floor seemingly unphased by its injury...

It’s 144… A Centurion Capitol Police Trooper, he’s the first of many... , said one of the Kravenite Officers. He is superior to you in every way. If you fight him, you willdie…

Gavin shouted again, TYCHO!

He looked around before grabbing Wilhelm by the shoulder.

Lead the rest of the team out, get everyone out!

Wilhelm frowned, [i]We’re not leaving you behind.

It’s got to be you … it should have always been you General… I can’t leave Tycho.. not again.. You’ve got to get everyone out..That’s an order General.

Wilhelm nodded, Good luck.. Allright! Rest of you, follow me! Smith keep eyes up! I don’t want any more surprises! Let’s go!

144 stepped forward and grabbed Tycho by his chest harness, with minimal effort the hulking Trooper hoisted him off the floor with one hand and with the other brought a massive fist into contact with Tycho’s face, blood spurted from the impact then like tossing a ragdoll he threw Tycho towards Gavin, before taking a step forward, his heavy boots making distinct clanks against the metal gantry...

Gavin turned back just in time to see Tycho’s body being flung across the other side of the room. Gavin rushed to Tycho.

Come on, we’ve got to go..

NEVER! He’s the bastard that did this to me… He’s their leader! I have been tortured, he’s killed our friends… he is not walking away!

Tycho got up, rushing towards 144 again, firing his rifle wildly at the Capitol Police soldier.

click click click click

Tycho realized he was out of ammo mere heartbeats before the massive fist of 144 came flying at him again. Tycho flinched as he prepared for another blow.

shhhhiinnng

HAAA, Gavin yelled as he brought his bayoneted rifle up under the forearm of 144 deflecting the blow. Gavin ducked again as 144 threw a cross jab before hitting 144 in the face with the butt of his rifle.

What are you doing! This is my fight!, shouted Tycho.

Bullshit!, Gavin said ducking another blow We fight together, like we always should have. Never should have left you before.

Gavin missed the next blow and was knocked back again. 144 grabbed him and he felt himself being thrown off the railing.

Tycho launched into a flurry of counterattacks. It really wasn’t Gavin’s fault he thought to himself. Gavin always tried to save everyone and that day he couldn’t. It was the Reich. It was the Reich that had tortured him, who had tricked him into slaughtering hundreds, who had caused so much pain.

A moments concentration lost and Tycho was off his feet again. 144’s monstrous frame walked over and picked him up again. This time Tycho was ready. He brought his forearm up and unlocked his sidearm from within the suit firing away point blank at 144’s mask.

144 backed away a few steps as the mask hissed as air escaped from broken mask. The heavy metal masked was bent from the force of the blow. The right side optics blinking in and out.

This is all about fear… and control.. and power.. They tried to control me… tired to confuse me.. tried to use me… Not anymore..

The Trooper lifted the mask from his face, he dropped it to the side, it swung from the pipes that connected it to the backpack, Tycho now looked at the Trooper, his very human face, it bared an uncanny resemblance to Azrael Dreadfire, but this wouldn’t have been apparent to the two during the heat of battle, something that might come to realisation later once the battle was over..

Gavin meanwhile was holding onto the railing, feeling the gantry strain under the weight of the power armor. He shuffled his arms across the railing, trying to get behind 144.

Tycho shouted at 144 and in a rage lunged towards the monster again hitting him square in his jaw. 144 merely snorted throwing another uppercut which Tycho dodged but missed the armoured knee that caught Tycho in the gut sending him sprawling to the floor, the wind knocked out of him…

Gavin threw himself up over the railing. He spotted Tycho’s sword and picked it up. He drew his own sword out. He spoke quietly into his comms.

We have to do this together Tycho…

144’s metal boots clinked across the gantry as he walked towards Tycho. The power armor chimed warning signals as the armor’s gears had been thrown off by the impact.

I know you’ve suffered, but you’ve got to focus now. You can’t be blinded by your anger. You will die if you do, and you can’t die until we’ve beaten the Reich for good. Now come on Tycho… Get UP!

Tycho lifted himself up. Ok…

144 swung again, but this time his first landed squarely in Tycho’s hands… Their metallic arms struggling and straining under their combined power. 144 went to hit him with the other arm and landed again in Tycho’s hand. The two struggled mightily as 144’s cyborg body attempted to overpower the strength of Tycho’s cybernetic arms and power armor. The power armor sparked under the strain.

Tycho whispered, ”You created a monster in me… and you are going to learn to fear me…” Tycho paused, focusing his mind….

[i] “I’m going to stop you… I’m going to stop everything… you’re all going to burn...YOU WILL BURN!”

In Tycho’s mind, 144’s face caught fire… and through the relay… and the intense struggle for control that rippled through the minds of Tycho and 144… something snapped.

144 felt himself getting hotter… could feel his face...burning.

…144 staggered back, he began waving his arms around, patting his armour, he tried to extinguish the flames that he left licking up his body, he couldn’t see where they were coming from, only knew that he was on fire, he tried in vain to stop the burning, eventually dropping to his knees…

Gavin saw 144 shake… The flames only existed inside the minds of the relayed combatants, but Gavin knew the time to strike was now. He drew his two blades high… and with all his strength plunged both swords into the exposed neck of the Capitol Police Officer… and with a loud cry he shifted his arms out and separated the head of 144 from his body.

Alarm bells started to sound throughout the facility. The Capitol Police below began to march out in an orderly almost machine like fashion.

Tycho, catching his breath, could hear a cold clear voice through the relay.

Unauthorized VTOL launch detected… Unauthorized VTOL launch detected… All flak guns to standby

Gavin looked over at Tycho, What is it?

They’re gone… they got out safely… now what?

In the distance, they could hear more Capitol Police troopers rushing to their position.

Written in Coordination with Kraven

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 am

Moments Before Takeoff...

Heartbreak Company reached the VTOL and began loading the unconscious Jessica on board. Everyone else was in the aircraft when they stopped and looked back to their new commander.

"Wilhelm, we don't have time! Get on this plane before the CP have a chance to shoot at us!" Glitch yelled while the engines whined during their fire-up phase.

Wilhelm was standing still, his body facing the direction from where they just came from. He slowly raised his hands and un-holstered the customer-made assault rifle, and then his visor slid back into the helmet with a sudden shick. When they saw his face, they saw the face of a man at ease with his fate. "Go. We did not get this far for Tycho to be captured again and Gavin to be the new victim of the soon-to-be revised Reich. Plus," He closed his eyes and smiled with his pearly whites, "I must ensure the safety of my Emperor. My link with Colossus has been established once more." He rose the rifle flat against his chest. "Go on now. That is an order!"

"Wilhelm, no! They know their risk and they must not capture you!" Glitch shouted back. The rest of Heartbreak Company started to scramble for the door to try and grab Wilhelm.

"Colossus, send them on their way. Make sure that they make it out of here safely." Wilhelm gave the command with his mind.

"Yes, General," Colossus confirmed the command.

"Stay beautiful, Glitch." Wilhelm winked just as the doors to the VTOL shut tight and locked up. The autopilot started to kick in and the VTOL lifted up and screamed through Kraven's atmosphere and safety. Wilhelm started to sprint back to where he had left Gavin and Tycho behind. "Colossus, activate Combat Integration. Now!"

"Combat Integration activating. Full synchronization in thirty seconds." Colossus replied. The visor slid back down and a redesigned HUD took over his visuals.

Wilhelm heard the alarm bells ringing, and he started to feel his heart sinking. What if they won't make it?

"Not that I have anything to say on the subject, General, but that VTOL will make it out of Reich airspace. I will be making absolute sure of it." Colossus overheard Wilhelm's thoughts, part of the complete integration. "Also, synchronization completing in five..." A small map of the layout popped up in the bottom right corner of his visor to include thermal locations of everything. "Four..." Wilhelm could see Tycho's and Gavin's signatures coming into view on his visor. "Three..." Wilhelm picked up his pace, amazed by the enhanced abilities the suit gave him. He could also feel Tycho's mind graze his as he got in range. "Two..." Wilhelm could now see Gavin and Tycho positioned in a defensive position. His enhanced hearing could pick up the Capitol Police troopers closing in on them. "One... Integration complete.

Wilhelm had reached the two Havensky soldiers just as the integration completed. Colossus was now highlighting all potential targets within a half-mile radius and processing all potential outcomes should it come to a firefight. It was also plotting all potential escape routes. He stood with rifle pointing in the direction the Capitol Police will be showing up.

"What in the Hell are you doing here, General? I told you to get on that VTOL and get out of here!" Gavin shouted, but noticed Wilhelm did not make any changes in his stance.

"A true general is the first to step onto the battlefield so he can lead his troops into battle. He is also the last to step off the battlefield to ensure all of his men return home. You did not go through this whole operation just to be captured and made a new play toy of the Reich. I came back so that I can make sure you can live a full life, Gavin. I came back because I also would not think it fair for Tycho to be thrown right back into a testing facility. If that were to happen, then you would truly lose him. The Kraven Reich does not make the same mistake twice." Wilhelm continued his poise, but looked over to the two soldiers from the corner of his eye.

"I... Thank you, General Wilhelm," He knelt down and raised his rifle towards the entryway, "However, we will not go on without a fight."

"Did... Did they really make it, Wilhelm?" Tycho asked Wilhelm through their mental link.

"Of course they made it, Lieutenant Tycho," Colossus replied for Wilhelm, sort of a drawback to the combat integration. Colossus can hear and see what Wilhelm does, and that included mental thought. "The entire Dephirian Air Force kind of does that." The AI joked.

"Wait, what do you mean by the entire Dephirian Air Force?"

A few minutes ago...

"Kraven VTOL, this is Dephirian Safe Zone Airspace. Identify yourself or you will be destroyed." Captain Julius Hawk hailed the lone aircraft that had escaped Reich airspace.

"The aircraft is carrying high priority personnel. Please escort." Colossus chimed into the communications line.

"Aye, sir!" Julius replied. "All aircraft of the Dephirian Air Command, protect that VTOL at all costs!"

The remaining members of Heartbreak Company stared in fearful awe as the autopilot was flying them towards a massive black cloud. Their eyes widened in astonishment that the formation was not a cloud, but a massive aerial swarm of fighters numbering in the thousands. Julius was piloting one of Dephire's experimental interceptors and was now coming alongside the Kraven VTOL.

"Dephirian pilot. I am afraid that we must go back into Reich territory. We have left behind precious cargo." Chispa took the comms and spoke with Julius.

"Negative, friendly. Your mission is over. We are to escort you back to your air fleet." Julius responded.

"Tell the fleet we will be late for tea and biscuits, I am going back to pick up our General!" Chispa yanked on the control node, making the aircraft turn unexpectedly.

"Captain, the female pilot has disabled the autopilot. I could try to force my way in through a back door, but chances are that I will fry the circuits if I intrude too much." Colossus seemed overly passive, almost as if he did not care.

God damn you! Julius sword under his breath. "Alright then, Belka-Vek Squadron, dive into Hell's abyss and protect that aircraft!"

Fifteen fighter jets broke free from the massive cloud and chased after the VTOL, heading right back into the lion's den.
Last edited by Dephire on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Glitched keyed in her comms. ATHENA: Locate Captian Squall - Upload coordinates to Chispa

Immediately, a bright green dot appeared in the visor's of both Chispa and Glitch.

Got you

Chispa turned the craft around sharply, jerking the passengers around violently. Chispa was a good pilot, but the VTOL lacked the smooth handling of a helijet and Chispa wasn't used to the controls.

VTOL 332102-9; Return to Base Immediately.

Chispa cursed, Heartbreak Leader, Heartbreak 2 - If you're near that wall you better duck!

Inside the facility, Gavin and Tycho raised their shields against the wall not knowing what to expect. They could hear the footsteps of the Capitol Police descending on their position. Gavin turned around to see Wilhelm running towards them.

WILHELM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Wilhelm simply smiled and in a voice that was sounded odd as it synced with the Delphiran AI simply said, Sorry Captain, I have my own destiny and my own demon to slay.

Inside the stolen VTOL, Chispa turned around and shouted at the Kravenite Officers.

HEY! Will the weapons on this thing break through that wall?

Yes, but..

Before the officers could finish, Glitch hit the firing mechanism and two missiles flew from the VTOL and landed squarely at the wall separating them from Gavin and Tycho.

Gavin and Tycho were both knocked back by the force of the explosion. Their ears ringing as they slowly lifted themselves to their feet. Gavin looked around, but Wilhelm was gone. Galen and Smith came out of the VTOL and helped them on board.

Squall! Squall! Where's the General?

Gavin shook his head, Took off... said some crazy shit.. I don't think he ever intended to come back.

Allied craft! We're coming under fire - If you have your men, pull out and lets get out of here!, shouted the radio as Kraven flak cannons began to target the Delphiran aircraft.

Chispa cursed, closing the door to the VTOL and swinging it around. The VTOL took off from the area, laying a steady stream of fire at the flak cannons as a parting shot. She gunned the craft, throwing everyone back in their seats.

She flew the VTOL craft up towards the swarm of allied aircraft spinning the craft around in a barrel roll to dodge the incoming fire. The craft veered wildly as she executed maneuvers the craft clearly wasn't designed for.

Allied craft, what the hell was that?

FLYING!

Krytopia, Kylarnatia
Gholgoth

Alexandria Scarletwing's tablet buzzed incessantly. Something must have happened. She picked it up taking care not to look too concerned, and keyed in her access code. The message was a short message that would only make sense if one knew what Scarletwing knew.

The End of Heartache

Scarletwing rose, rather defiantly, and raised a hand for silence.

I apologize, your grace, but I have an important announcement that bears significant ramifications on our talks. A few moments ago, a team of Skyan Legionnaires returned to the Airship Armada with Lady Jessica Heart in their custody.

She took a few moments to let the gasps finish out. She glanced at the Capitol Police in the room, who of course showed no emotion, then glanced back at the Caesar.

As such, our demands have changed.

We have Lady Jessica back, but her husband remains on trial. We understand there has been a development in the case that may resolve this issue. We remain confident in the legal council that her Caesar's government has provided us. We place our faith in the fairness of the Briskan court. We see no reason to alter this arrangement, although we strongly convey our belief that Sir Lucas Irongwing has done nothing wrong.

Our evacuation in Milograd is complete. Though the ceasefire arranged by the Caesar and secured by the Jagadites we have rescued every civilian that wishes to be saved. Our forces remain in the City of Argyz only to maintain the safe passage route. We have no interest in territory. Now that our operations are complete, we have no interest in Milograd. Although, we are loath to see Kraven rewarded for their hostile attack.

Our Armada in the South Gothic Sea stands toe to toe with the bulk of the Reich's Naval Forces. Our Armada will continue to hold their positions until such time as the security of the Skyan People can be assured. I understand, that the presence of not one, not two, but three foreign fleets is unsettling to some of you. This is understandable. Since this is your realm, we give the parties assembled here the opportunity to provide assurances that the Skyan people shall not be molested again. If this is done and it is the will of the People of Gholgoth to see these fleets gone, then I shall dismiss the Armada with a simple wave.

Scarletwing looked around the room at each delegate with the most serious of gazes.

What say thee?

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 am

Kryptopia, Kylarnatia

Jane Romanov made a simple nod towards Alexandria, her helmet clinking to her breastplate. "Dephire will defend the Havensky armada until the bitter end. This peace between us all will be uphold by everyone, or else the violators be met with swift Justice!." She turned her head to the Jagada representative. "We have a few requests as well. Some will be discussed in private between Tristan and the Reichmarshal. Being as Dephire and the eternal Reich have been neighbors for as old as history is itself, it was deemed more appropriate that they discuss territorial matters between themselves. However, I was sent here to ask the representatives of Jagada if their nation would be willing to assist in rebuilding the Dephirian infrastructure they so willingly destroyed without consideration. We held a bargaining chip, and I have heard that the chip is now MIA. If you want peace, a true peace, then we demand that you atone for the atrocities you have committed to what was a neutral nation."

Jane whispered into her helmet and her voice was instantly converted to text, then transmitted to Alexandria's tablet, "Were there casualties? Did Dimitri make it out alive? What's the condition of Miss Heart?"

Alexandria's tablet buzzed, causing a slight distraction from her stance. "My apologies, a message from the homeland. One moment." She quickly responded, "No further information was given."

Damn! Jane wanted more information, but decided not to push the diplomat any further.

Then the static pushed its way into her speakers, "Do not worry. I am fine."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eugenics Facility 18
Fortress Norska
South Western Gholgoth

The debris from the wall separated Wilhelm from the rest of the party. His foot was caught within the rubble and it took some effort to free himself. "Jane, inform the rest of the Council that I may be taking a slight leave of absence once this is all over."

"It would be best if you would not plan so far ahead. You can file your intent for a vacation when you get back here safely. What is your position?" Jane's voice was hushed. She must still be at that peace conference in Kylar.

"General Wilhelm is still within the processing facility. Escape routes have been cut off. Probability of capture is seventy-five percent. It is also safe to assume that Dephire's involvement with the reclaiming of Lady Jessica Heart has reached the Reichmarshal's ears. Best chance of survival would be to surrender." Colossus chimed in its assessment. Already, a large number of Capitol Police arrived on scene and rose their weapons, pointing their barrels at Wilhelm's chest.

"Identify," the more senior of the group spoke.

"I am Godsend General Dimitri 'Wilhelm' Coronado of Dephire. Emperor Tristan Skragg's second-in-command." He replied using the link and with his voice.

"What are you doing in Norska, Dephirian? Test Subject 142, Miss Heart, has escaped because of you. You are under arrest for crimes against the Reich." The officer gave the orders to arrest Wilhelm, but remained where they were.

"If you so much as lay a finger on me before I speak with my Emperor, I will level this entire continent with the Worldbreaker's power! Now, has my ticket home arrived?" Wilhelm was not in the mood for the Reich's politics.

"Your emperor will be here in approximately three hours. You will both have to answer for your crimes aga-" A single shot from a desert eagle with the twin hammers ended the man's sentence for him. His body fell to the floor as the bullet nearly disentegrated all matter within his skull and exited leaving a massive mess of bone and brain all over the officers in the path. Each one of them did not flinch and merely wiped off the guts using a makeshift rag from the dead man's uniform.

"My apologies for his rude mannerisms. That Officer clearly needed to have his hearing checked. Please, follow me. I will give you a tour of Fortress Norska while we await the arrival of Emperor Tristan. Shall we?" The man was familiar to Wilhelm. He recognized him to be the same lab coat that tortured him to detonate the bombs within the Templar delegates. However, over the past few months, he has put aside all anger and vengence...

"By all means, it would be wonderful to see the infamous citadel I read about as a kid," Wilhelm's voice was cold, just customary when talking to those of the Kraven Reich. Perhaps someday, I might give that girl a gift... Perhaps a small piece of Sigil technology. That should surely impress her.

They continued on.. Waiting for the Emperor to arrive.
Last edited by Dephire on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Wilhelm followed the scientist, still wearing the Havensky power armor. His connection with Colossus was still present, gathering data as they approached the platform.

"I find it mildly amusing that the whole mission was more of a ruse to get Glitch to help win a political victory within your country's ranks. Though, it did come very close to also eliminating the party." He looked to one of the officers, then returned his eyes to the scientist. "I, of course, assume that such a loss would have been regarded as collateral damage. A meaningless necessity for the glory of the Reich?"

The scientist stopped briefly and frowned as the thought came to mind, "Well, the loss of Tristan's second-in-command would have been an unfortunate event in our transcendence. A variable within the algorithm we used to predict the Capitol Police's pattern of extermination. Now, do not over-think too much about the what-ifs and just stick to the present. Your significant contribution has allowed the change of command to occur with much success. That is all you should be concerned about. Now, please, let us continue. The flight is short and time is of the essence."

"One more thing," Wilhelm continued to walk as the scientist insisted.

The scientist withheld his annoyance, "Yes, what is it, General?"

"Glitch is not to be on your list of candidates for the project, or any project for that matter." He pulled up a list of his own personal research projects on the visor. "We do have some fine candidates within Dephire that you could use instead. Tell me, how do you like your women?" The question was empty, without emotion nor hint of a joke. He was, after all, a scientist first and a soldier second.

The scientist smiled wide as his mind raced with thoughts of his 'perfect' woman.

Kryptopia
Kylarnartia
Peace Conference

"A city?" Jane's eyes were focusing on the Kraven officers. "No. We will continue integration of the Fractured State as an extension of the Empire. We also ask for the northern territory surrounding Mount Silver be also included in our extension. Jagada struck our nation without reason, which should have resulted in a declaration of war. However, due to Tristan's good heart, he instead sought peace. Though the Jags spat in his face, he still upheld his part of the ceasefire and chose not to turn Jagada into nothing but a nation of splinters. If Jagada ever wants to be in our good graces once more, then they will concede the east coast to as far inland as the furthest reach of our Fractured State. This land will be considered neutral to both Jag and Kraven, but will also be a safe haven for the remaining Milograd population." She leaned back in her chair. "If you will all agree to allowing us our claim, then we will conclude our involvement with the peace talks and withdraw all military forces from their positions."

Kahanistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahanistan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 pm

Ambassador Ali al-Za'if stood up. He had barely spoken a word, he and his GRSO marines were watching the Kravenites intently, knowing that the cease fire would not last, and hoping that nothing untoward had happened to any of the ambassadors he'd heard had been sent from New Masada to parley with historic Gothic adversaries. Although disarmed, every Kahanistanian General Reconnaissance and Special Operations marine was an expert in Krav Maga and a dangerous opponent. Kahanistan, however, had no ability to wage a distant conflict without massive logistical support from allied forces in the area of operation, and while the navy could deploy a two thousand ship armada to Milograd to assist an ally in a humanitarian operation that would undoubtedly interfere with a Kraven advance, its few logistical ships meant they were likely to be a significant drain on their allies, getting worse as the talks dragged on, leaving the fleet weaker when the cease fire finally broke. It was therefore in the Ambassador's, not to mention the Fleet Admiral's, best interest to negotiate the complete withdrawal of Kraven forces from Milograd. If the Ambassador played his cards right he might even be able to get Kahanistan its own area of responsibility for reconstructing the nation, likely including a joint military base in Milogradian borders.

"The Milogradian people are entitled to the entirety of their continent," the Ambassador said. "But they need security, reconstruction, working infrastructure, things that we can provide in addition to a deterrent to further aggression, to ensure that the forces on their continent who kidnap women and use their eggs to build inhuman abominations won't do it to some Milogradian girl next. Reconstruction of hospitals, schools, roads, power stations, water systems, factories, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. We can commence reconstruction efforts immediately, and assist in international efforts to maintain internal security in liberated Milograd."

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Scarletwing brushed her strawberry blonde hair out of her face and replied softly. Her demeanor had relaxed considerably since the successful rescue of Jessica Heart.

Yes, but the Reich only recognizes the authority of another Gothic Lord. If anyone is to lead reconstruction of the continent, then they must have the title. An attack on a Gothic Lord ensures the wrath of all other nations in the Gothic Alliance - even if that means all nations turning on one member who breaks the treaty.

Scarletwing looked around the room once more.

The Skybound Republic of Havensky would accept these terms or the terms of Delphire - including jurisdiction of the City of Argyz. It is most likely that we would continue to use the city as a forward operating base for both our humanitarian and our security forces. We'd consider making the port a trading hub, but nobody would risk getting anywhere so close to a Kraven border. It would be better for Milogradians if they left the continent. We will not, however, belabor the point.

The point that we WILL belabor is that these agreements still do not provide a guarantee as to the security of the People of Havensky.

HRA Zatarra
Over Briskan Airspace
Gholgoth

"Heartbreak, Zatarra, you are cleared for approach ... Reduce speed, turn two degrees to port.. too much, one degree right"

"Copy. Zataraa.."

"Forward one meter...slowly..."

"Zatarra, this thing is a flying brick! Cut me some slack!"

Ok, ok.. almost..there! Checkers green, call the ball."

Rodger, I have the ball.

Chispa slowed lowered the Kraven VTOL craft inside the rooftop hangar of the airship. It landed with a thud that rocked the crew inside. The overhead doors to the hangar closed and lights filled the hangar. The doors to the VTOL opened and a squadron of Skyan Legionaries greeted them with the sound of bullets entering the chambers. An electronically modulated voice boomed out.

Heartbreak Squadron, Bring the prisoners to the front.

Gavin, Tycho, Hurk, and Smith each lifted the Kravenite officers from their seats - their restraints clearly visible. They marched the officers off the ramp and into formation at the side of the VTOL.

Make a hole!, shouted Galen as he ran down the ramp alongside the spiderbot still carrying Lady Jessica Heart. A team of medical staff met them down at the ramp and transferred her to a gurney. Galen and the medical team started conversing rapidly as they rolled quickly down the hall.

With Lady Jessica safety away, Zatarra's security squad turned their attention back to the prisoners.

Kraven Officers; My name is Chief Security Officer Lewis Redwing. In accordance with the laws of the Skybound Republic of Havensky and World Assembly Resolution #18, I am arresting you as a Prisoners of War. As such, you will be provided with shelter, fully nutritional food, washing facilities, water, & competent medical attention. You will be allowed to retain your uniform. If you so desire, we will allow contact with any family members through the Transversal Red Cross. However, we will not allow you to transit your location, which will be changed on a regular basis. During your incarceration with us, you will not be being subject to physical or mental interrogation, coercion, medical procedures not required to ensure such your own health, killed, and other such violations of human rights. However, your cooperation with your inquires will grant you additional privileges. Do you understand your rights?

The Kraven officers nodded in their machine like manner. The Security Squad then approached the officers and escorted them to the airship's brig.

With the last of the mission details taken care of, the Major appeared on the hangar deck. Gavin saluted sharply.

The Major returned the salute, Well down team, you're dismissed. Get some rest.

The rest of Heartbreak squad went back to their quarters, but Gavin stayed behind. He took off his helmet, and sat down on the hangar floor. He brought a hand to his head not noticing Major Dórottya Nalôrna sitting down next to him.

You did good work Squall.

I lost Private Johnson. Killed in action. And I lose Wilhelm, though he may have had other plans. But even still, that makes eight. Edwards, Rico, Gullwing, Roberts, Ainslie, Damen, Ali, and.. Johnson.

Gavin
, replied Dórottya placing a hand on Gavin's shoulder. We all lose people in battle, and it's never easy. But you accomplished your mission. You went deep into the belly of the beast and you got her out. On top of that, you captured four Kraven officers, inserted an AI into Kraven's mainframe, and brought home a VTOL craft. That is good work. Your actions will ensure the safety of our peoples.

Gavin shook his head, But I was supposed to get them all home.
Last edited by Havensky on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kahanistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kahanistan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:28 am

"I might point out that it is the Reich who has attacked a Gothic Lord in Milograd. I do not think that the Gothic Creed provides much of a deterrent to Kraven aggression, given our difficulties in rallying Gothic powers against the Reich. Kraven does not seem to recognise even the authority of a Gothic Lord, as the Dh'arco found out. I agree that it is best that a Gothic Lord, or better, several Gothic Lords, lead the reconstruction of MIlograd. However, our offer of aid still stands. Two thousand ships and a hundred thousand ground troops are nothing to turn up your nose at, regardless of the source. We can pledge ten trillion USD for construction material as well."

Ambassador Al-Za'if actually cared less than nothing for Gothic unity. In fact he felt a collapse of the Gothic Alliance was inevitable, though it could be years or decades before the opposing ideologies in the region tore the alliance apart. This view was common among Kahanistanian diplomats, but it did not stop them from citing the Gothic Creed against enemies like the Kraven Reich, even reaching out to old adversaries like the Parthians and Scandinvans. Where Kraven was concerned, the enemy - or even potential enemy - of the Reich was an ally. As news came in regarding the ambassadors to Gothic powers to his PDA he believed the Parthians had murdered the Kahanistanian Ambassador to Parthia and the Scandinvans... he wasn't sure if the ambassador there had turned back or been shot down. Either way those places were nowhere to send a diplomat. Until the final Gothic collapse he believed his government would concentrate on alliances with liberal Gothic nations of similar political bent to his nation.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Jane Romanov looked to the Kahanistan delegates, eyes narrowed behind the helmet. "You have no need to worry. With the Havensky stronghold-city to the west, our Fractured State lands in the east, and Jagada's control of the southern reaches of Milograd... There should be no further escalations of war. Kraven has what it needs." She placed her hand against the side of the helmet and looked away. "It appears we are done with our negotiations. Peace will be upheld by all parties or else will be obliterated. Good day."

Drakonian Imperium
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Potiusque Sero Quam Nunquam

Postby Drakonian Imperium » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Caius Argentius, Lord of Argentia, Representative of the Drakonian Imperium before the Gholgothic Council of Lords, looked out upon Kryptopia as the great bulk of the Drakonian Diplomatic jet descended to land in the Kylarnatian capitol. The mind of the Drakonian was far where his eyes gazed. His thoughts drifted to the distant past; his gaze fell upon a vista he knew well.

From the window of his solar, Caius had a view of most of the trade city of Port Imperial. Spread out along an expansive bay, the vast city, a home to tens of millions, was the jewel of the Drakonian civilization in Gholgoth. Tall modern skyscrapers resided alongside renaissance apartments and medieval forts. Ships dotted the harbor, and the immense port complex spread for miles of shipyards and warehouses, berths and piers, shipping containers and cranes. This was industry of Mille Mortifere and wealth of Drakonia in Gholgoth: trade.

Perched among the hills that were once the outskirts of the medieval city, the old castle of Rubrum Castrum had a dominating view of the old city. Once, this castle had been the last line of defense against Gholgothic raiders. Now, it served as a nexus of government. Lord Argentius preferred the history of his family holding to the cold glass of modern office space and thus it was here that he made his offices. Most of all he preferred the solar, a room perch in a tall tower of the inner castle keep; the very room where he and a guest now stood.

Caius half-turned to acknowledge his guest. "Tell me, have you been following events in Milograd?"

"Of course." Everything about his guest spoke to careful control. From his closely cropped salt and pepper hair to his straight as a pillar posture. Despite his apparent age, his physique was excellent. His face revealed nothing of his emotions, if indeed he had any, all while his eyes took every detail from slight slips of emotion in an expression to the chess set on the small table near the window.

"The tentative peace of the Great War is broken," Caius prefaced. "The Kraven Reich sows discord in Gholgoth to further its own ends."

"It is not without precedent."

"Foreign powers invade the region unchallenged." There was no reply. After a pause, Caius continued. "I fear the Great War has broken the region, that the old order in Gholgoth is dead."

"Gholgoth has weathered far worse."

"And Drakonia has hardly taken notice, until now." Caius fully turned to face the other man to address him fully with the task that had required this meeting. "The Praetor has decided to intervene in Milograd."

"To what end?"

"To reestablish the peace of the Regional Alliance. As he put it, 'Gholgoth must not be allowed to fall into the chaos as exists in other regions'."

His guest nodded.

"I have been instructed to convey our intentions in Kryptopia." Caius turned to the survey the chess board on the table. The game with an unseen opponent was well underway. He took care to lift the King off the board and studied the game piece carefully. "You are requested to assume control of the intervention mission."

"And the nature of this mission?"

"Peacekeeping."

His guest's eyebrow arched upwards.

"War, if necessary."

His brow furrowed in thought, then again, Caius' guest nodded.

"Your commission with the Imperial Army is to be reinstated. You are to be promoted to the rank of Marshal."

Eyes widened ever so slightly. Caius' guest seemed somewhat surprised by that development.

Caius turned back to the open window. "All the lives lost in the last war. Damien Dreadfire and so many other Gholgothic Lords dead. What has Gholgoth learned? Once again, it makes war upon itself. And now, outside powers seek to take advantage of our apparent weakness." Caius fingered the game piece, rolling it around his fingers. "The Praetor seeks to mend the broken egg."

"What is the adage? Potiusque sero quam nunquam*."

"I do not know that the dead would agree with you." Caius sighed. "But the Praetor does."

The doors to the chamber opened and in strode Caius Argentius into the negotiations. The Lord was characteristically Drakonian, tall with olive skin. He wore an expensive wool suit, tailor-made, covered in intricate silver lacework with a stand-collar tunic that gave him an almost military appearance. Caius was followed by three figures, a woman, an Imperial Army officer, and a Praetorian Guard officer.

The woman was young, blond, and remarkable fair-skinned for a Drakonian. She wore a woman's business suit, black, with an open jacket, crimson red blouse, and a skirt just a bit too short and too tight. Gaia Calpurnia, a talented linguist, personal aide, and right-hand to the Director of the Drakonian Diplomatic Corps. would likely be unknown to all.

The Imperial Army officer would not be. He wore the jet black uniform, trimmed in the red and gold of the Imperial Drakonian Army. An ornate golden-hilted rapier hung peace-bonded at his hip. A gold dragon insignia on his collar indicating his rank as a Colonel, but it would not be his rank that gave away his identity.

Marcus Sutherland was none other than the brother to the Jolené Sutherland, wife of the Praetor Augustus Drake and Queen of the Imperium. He was Crown Prince of Trinitia, an important Realm within Drakonia. Tall and ebony-skinned, peculiarly his left hand remained covered by a black glove while his right was not.

The Praetorian Guard Captain wore the same stand-collar tunic and jet black uniform as the Imperial Army Colonel, except that instead of red his was trimmed in an imperial purple. He too wore a peace-bonded rapier. He would have also worn a sidearm, but had surrendered it before entering the hall. Captain Mars Atella was the only somewhat superfluous member of the party. His duty was to protect the Prince as his personal bodyguard.

Lord Argentius led the group with purpose across the floor, only stopping when he was before the negotiating parties. He turned to Kylarnatian Monarch. "Nobilissima Caesar**," he greet, bowing deeply.

As if on cue, the Praetorian Guard Captain snapped to attention, his feet clicking together and fist slapping to his left breast. Gaia Calpurnia and Marcus Sutherland bowed too.

Argentius turned to the assembled diplomats. "Lords, Ladies, Representatives," he intoned. "My name is Caius Paulus Octavius Argentius. I am Prime Minister of Mille Mortifere, Dux of Argentia, Lord of various holdings throughout Drakonia and Gholgoth. It has been my privilege to represent the interests of the Drakonian Imperium before the Gholgothic Council of Lords for some years now.

"I have been charged by His Imperial Majesty, Praetor Augustus Drake, to express his grave concern over the future of what was once a proud and mighty state of Gholgoth.

"Drakonia has long history of contact with Milograd dating back to the 17th Century, when Missionaries of Dh'arconianism first arrived in the islands of Mille Mortifere. Drakonians may not have accepted their culture or their values as they would have like, but Drakonia and the Imperial Government have respected their unique heritage and history.

"The Imperial Government can not and will not condone or defend the atrocities committed in the name of power and control upon its own citizens by the Dh'arconian Empire of Milograd." He paused carefully looking into the eyes of each of the assembled head diplomats. "But, with the same fervor and determination of purpose the Imperial Government can also no longer stand by while Milograd is carved up like a piece of meat through a policy of uti possidetis, ita possideatis***.

"Twice now the Imperial Fortress Reich of Kraven has faithlessly attacked it neighbor and ally. This is in open revolt against the Regional Association which vows to not strike against and to unquestionably defend one another. This is not the first time the Kraven Reich has violated its oath, and will likely not be the last. This treachery can not be rewarded. A member of the Regional Alliance can not be so callously divided to serve imperial vanities.

"Equality of Voice, Sovereignty of State, Solidarity of Defense; these three tenets are what Gholgoth was built upon; what has raised it up to its greatest heights; what has held it together in its darkest days. The actions taken in Milograd and the decisions made here threaten to violate all of these sacred tenets in the name of greed and selfish. This can not be allowed to continue. Milograd must again be made whole. If not today, then tomorrow.

"If these negotiations can not achieve that end then they should set into motion the means through which Milograd can again be unified.

"As such, the Imperial Government has elected to send a force to Milograd under a banner of peace and to facilitate the reunification and restoration of Milogradian State.

"The Drakonian Imperium will accept status quo ante bellum**** and nothing else. Until such time as that can be achieved, we will maintain vigil and keep the peace. Working toward the time when once again a Gholgothic Lord from Milograd will sit in the Halls of the Council of Lords in ULE City.

**** Latin, "The State existing before the war".
Last edited by Drakonian Imperium on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Havensky
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sat May 03, 2014 12:25 pm

The Kahanistani forces are here at my request!, shouted a voice in the room as the doors to the chamber opened with a boom.

The congregation turned and several gasps could be heard as Lady Jessica Heart entered the chamber and marched to the podium surrounded by Heartbreak Squad. Her appearance was unexpected as they delegations imagined she would still be recovering from her ordeal. Indeed, Lady Jessica's appearance showed that she had arrived in a hurry. Jessica was wearing clothes she had borrowed from Lt. Chispa. A dark grey digital camouflage flight jacket with patches showing the distinctive Raven Helijet patch and Chispa's Stallion Airship Class qualification badge and a few campaign patches and various Texas Defense Force exercises. Under the jacket was a standard issue Armada t-shirt which was tucked into grey digital camouflage pants. Heartbreak Squad was in full battle gear with power armor that was still dusty from battle and made a racket as their boots hit the marble flooring. Their rifles wern't out, but one could clearly see their swords were in their sheaths. Captain Gavin Squall and Sargent Hurk Turbeck stayed close to Lady Jessica while Tycho Onyx glared at the Kraven Delegation through his helmet.

Lady Jessica approached the podium. The shock of her appearance holding the room silent.

As are, I might add, the Gothic Squadron of the Eternal Republic of Xirnium. And the People of Havensky thank them for responding to our call for aid. Some in this room may vilify their actions, but we regard them as heroes. And if necessary to secure the rights and safety of our citizenry, we are more than prepared to summon more.

Need I remind those in the room, that Havensky had no desire to come to your lands. We were pushed...

Trail of Sir Lucas Ironwing
Testimony of Sir Lucas Ironwing, in his own defense

And your honor, if I can continue, what really defines a national leader? Somebody who holds the legal authority to make decisions? A blood relative of the nations founder? A person elected by the people?

Or is it something more?

The People of Havensky were perfectly happy to stay way on the other side of the globe without interfering in any of your matters. But then we were attacked. This has not been the first time that the Reich has attacked us without provocation. It has become clear to me and to the Skyan People that the Gothic Lords only respect the rights of other Gothic Lords. Deathships and raids on sealanes for slaves and conquests without any sense from the greater region as a whole that this is wrong or unjust or even a bad idea.

Is a leader defined by telling the truth? Even when it doesn't serve their own goals? Is it somebody willing to put their own interests aside for the betterment of their people? To defend those under their dominion?

The People of Havensky are under no delusion that any amount of diplomacy would suddenly cause the Kraven Reich to suddenly start respecting the rights of other nations and peoples. In truth, there is only one law that the Reich appears to respect... and that is Gothic Law.

Is that not the premise of being a Gothic Lord? That in essence a Gothic Lord protects the region?

Lady Jessica paused for a moment to look around the room, her fiery red hair contrasting with the dull grey camouflage flight jacket, and continued.

This body may have agreed to how the former nation of Milograd will be carved up, but no assurances have been given to the continued security of my people. As the Reich has shown an outright obsession with attacking us, the only assurances that we will not be attacked again is for the Skybound Republic of Havensky to be admitted into the Gothic Alliance. I demand recognition as a Gothic Lord!

People always forget, Lady Jessica didn't start as Secretary of State or a government official. She was a nurse in the Humanitarian Fleet. A nurse. Somebody who heals people. And when she was kidnapped by the Reich, the Leaders of Havensky went to war. Not because we had an interest in getting into a war with a Gothic nation, but because as Leaders we care about every single one of our citizens. We protect them, defend their rights, go deep into enemy territory and save them. If I am to be judged because I obeyed the commands of my King and County - then so be it. But understand, I would have ordered the rescue just the same!

As I understand it, to become a Gothic Lord requires a blood oath.

Jessica raised her right arm up and quickly slammed it down, breaking the wooden podium and sending shards of wood around the room. With quick motion, she took off the flight jacket revealing her cybernetic arm. Those that were unfamiliar with what the Reich had done to her during the last war gasped in shock.

Is this enough blood? An arm? An airship? The lives of our soldiers?

Jessica lifted the t-shirt up. The scars from the torture and experiments done to her during her imprisonment by the Reich were still fresh and raw. Stitches were still clearly visible.

Is this enough? Is this enough to satisfy this body?

We've certainly proven our capacity to protect those under our care. We've stood against nations that strike so much fear in the hearts of men that other nations pay their own citizens as tribute. We're Defenders. Always have been.

On the Behalf and the Behest of the People of Havensky, I demand recognition! Call for a vote!

As for my own actions, they were actions made on behalf of the People of Havensky. Not only do I think those orders as legal, but I feel my actions were justified.It will be up to others to determine what counts as a Gothic Lord or not. I would like to think that a Skyan Lord would be a benefit to the region.

Dephire
Envoy

Postby Dephire » Sat May 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Ah, so she did decide to show up. Jane Romanov sat back in her chair while whispering to herself. She looked over to Scarletwing, then back to the new speaker. Tristan, if you want your new allies to remain as such, you should probably make a surprise appearance.

"Then, make me have a 'surprise appearance', Jane." Tristan's powerful voice reverberated through Jane's helmet, catching her off guard.

Sir? I did not know you could- Jane spoke softly.

"Just do it. Activate the external speakers of your helmet."

Yes, sir. Jane took off the helmet, letting her blood-red curls to bounce off her shoulder-guards, placing it squarely in front of her. Amid more confusion from the assembly, she spoke up, "The Emperor wishes to speak to this council."

Tristan's voice boomed with unparalleled quality through the speakers, "Hello, Jessica. It lightens my heart to know that you are now safe. Yes, you are absolutely right in that this peace council has negated to speak of how we will protect the nation of Havensky from further being pulled into unnecessary war and turmoil. I speak as Emperor of Dephire that my people will always defend you as a fellow Gothic Lord. You and Sir Lucas have both proven to me the undeniable strength of will and determination that is within each of you. I vote in your favor, Jessica." He took a pause. "Let this be known that Dephire will stand by Havensky and will come to their aid no matter the aggressor, nor the cost."

"That settles our decision. Anything else, ma'am?" Jane looked up to Jessica. "Sir Lucas Ironwing was already inducted as Tristan's honorary Templar General, of sorts. You are now considered practically family by that right, sister!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents