NATION

PASSWORD

Problems in the Pacific (MT/OOC/Sign Ups Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Problems in the Pacific (MT/OOC/Sign Ups Closed)

Postby Padnak » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:23 pm

The nations of Padnak and Vancon have had a long and chequered history, filled with territorial disputes and minor incidents, and on fateful day in 2014 this long standing tension grew too great for either party to bear. The island nation of the Republic of Padnak claims a vast territory in the pacific ocean that contains a massive number of small islands and archipelagos, under a considerable portion of which lays a wealth of oil and natural gas of a size rarely seen outside of the middle east. With the start of the 20th century Padnak has rapidly developed from a third world backwater into a regional power, all on the back of the black gold hidden beneath the waves it claims as its own. Without oil and gas the Republic of Padnak is nothing but a war filled collection of jungle islands left to rot amongst the waves. Sitting on the edge of the vast oil fields that the Republic of Padnak claims, is the Empire of Vancon. Vancon has had a long history of dislike with the Republic of Padnak, mostly regarding the large amounts of oil and gas that sits on the edge of territory claimed by both Vancon and Padnak. While the people of Padnak were busy killing each other over political ideologies, Vancon had developed into a first world power of the seas. Like all powers, Vancon consumes vast amounts of oil and gas and its dwindling reserves have forced its drilling rigs closer to the Padnaki territorial borders and into conflict with the volatile republic. Both nations stand on a razor's edge, diplomacy has failed and its only a matter of time before the blue waters of the pacific are filled once again with the sounds of war. Both Vancon and Padnak’s militaries have bared their teeth at each other in the past, but is has never came this close to war.

Rules

1. No god moding (obviously)
2. No one line posts, IE try and make posts at least a paragraph
3. No WMD usage without first consulting either Padnak or Vancon, things such as nuclear anti ship missiles are considered WMDs
4. Time stamp your posts to keep confusion to a minimum
5. Have fun, or I'll break your shins

Notes

Try to keep force deployments realistic, IE don't send in 500 aircraft carriers
Try to first use diplomacy if applicable
Have a good reason for joining the conflict
This is modern tech, it had PMT elements until it caused problems

IC here http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=293866
Last edited by Padnak on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 23 times in total.
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Nation Name: Republic of Padnak
Demonym: Padnaki
Capitol: Morhovza
Leader: Gen. Dieu Duc Viet
Political system: Unitary presidential constitutional republic
Military Size: 604,300
Reason for joining the conflict: Direct belligerent, retaliation to perceived aggression and resource theft by Vancon. Long standing animosity and minor expansionist feelings amongst Padnak's leadership.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Nation Name: Vancon
Demonym: Vanconian
Capitol: Provincia
Leader: Demetrius Zansu
Political system: Roman Dictatorship
Military Size: 1,000,800
Reason for joining the conflict: Due to recent expansion, Vancon requires more gas and oil to power their nation's striving economy.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Map is almost finished

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu May 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Bump

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Nation Name:Congreveopia
Demonym:Congreveopian
Capitol:Congreveopolis
Leader:President William Congreve
Political system:Popular Dictatorship
Military Size:3,427,100
Reason for joining the conflict:Part of RavenForce. Interested in keeping the peace and keeping a cut of the profits.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Thu May 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Nation Name:Congreveopia
Reason for joining the conflict:Part of RavenForce. Interested in keeping the peace and keeping a cut of the profits.

Accepted under the condition that you don't use robots, keep in mind that one of the nations, padnak is using weapons from the 60s

Glad to see that someone is showing a little interest in this rp
Last edited by Padnak on Thu May 01, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 7:40 am

Padnak wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Nation Name:Congreveopia

Accepted under the condition that you don't use robots, keep in mind that one of the nations, padnak is using weapons from the 60s

You changed the conditions of my acceptance, after I was accepted! I'm not using unrealistic tech. If you think I've slipped into PMT, let me know, but until then can I keep my nation the way it was?
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 7:56 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Padnak wrote:

You changed the conditions of my acceptance, after I was accepted! I'm not using unrealistic tech. If you think I've slipped into PMT, let me know, but until then can I keep my nation the way it was?

I apologies for changing it after I accepted, I was at school at the time and was confined to using my iPod so I didn't get the chance too look over your stuff, but didn't want to wait till later seeing as you were online at the time.

In regards to your robots, I should have specified more: all of your stuff its perfectly fine for this rp with the exception of anything humanoid or bipedal. At the time of me editing your acceptance form I only briefly glanced over your factbook and wrongly assumed that all of your stuff was humanoid future stuff (for a lack of a better word)

I apologies for any confusion

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Fri May 02, 2014 8:01 am

Note I will be RPing as a different nation on this nation. Kinda confusing, huh?

Nation Name: United Oblosk Islands
Demonym: Obloskan
Capitol: Hajino
Leader: President Vaxia Mahini
Political system: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Military Size: 21,450
Reason for joining the conflict: Peacekeeping, helping and taking wounded soldiers on both sides of the conflict
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:04 am

United Regions of Verona wrote:Note I will be RPing as a different nation on this nation. Kinda confusing, huh?

Nation Name: United Oblosk Islands
Demonym: Obloskan
Capitol: Hajino
Leader: President Vaxia Mahini
Political system: Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
Military Size: 21,450
Reason for joining the conflict: Peacekeeping, helping and taking wounded soldiers on both sides of the conflict

Accepted!

nice to see someone in a nationstates rp that doesn't have a military larger then the population of Canada

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 am

Padnak wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:

I apologies for changing it after I accepted, I was at school at the time and was confined to using my iPod so I didn't get the chance too look over your stuff, but didn't want to wait till later seeing as you were online at the time.

In regards to your robots, I should have specified more: all of your stuff its perfectly fine for this rp with the exception of anything humanoid or bipedal. At the time of me editing your acceptance form I only briefly glanced over your factbook and wrongly assumed that all of your stuff was humanoid future stuff (for a lack of a better word)

All of the stuff in my factbook robots entry exists in the real world (except the drone mothership). I like robots, but to keep it realistic, I don't have them work perfectly or anything. The experimental ones (which are most of them) are just that: experimental. In a previous roleplay, I was using four humanoid robots as bodyguards on a trip to another nation, and we got off the plane, then they just stood there staring blankly at the cars, so we had to manually operate them to get them in the cars, then the weapons on their backs got stuck because we didn't have a camera there, etc. Is it okay for me to keep them as long as I do that sort of stuff to keep it realistic for the tech level? I don't have a robot army or anything. These are all just experimental technologies that I try out from time to time.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:08 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Padnak wrote:

All of the stuff in my factbook robots entry exists in the real world (except the drone mothership). I like robots, but to keep it realistic, I don't have them work perfectly or anything. The experimental ones (which are most of them) are just that: experimental. In a previous roleplay, I was using four humanoid robots as bodyguards on a trip to another nation, and we got off the plane, then they just stood there staring blankly at the cars, so we had to manually operate them to get them in the cars, then the weapons on their backs got stuck because we didn't have a camera there, etc. Is it okay for me to keep them as long as I do that sort of stuff to keep it realistic for the tech level? I don't have a robot army or anything. These are all just experimental technologies that I try out from time to time.

Feel free to keep them, I actually must say I'm verry impressed with all of your stuff, seeing as its interesting and different without sliding into "OMGZ I HAZ LAZORS AND KIL UR DUDES" territory

Please continue doing what you're doing

United Regions of Verona
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Regions of Verona » Fri May 02, 2014 8:08 am

I'll get a post up by later today or tomorrow.
I iz a proud and sexi member of d Exchange of Sad Annoying Pathetic Students
My TG box is lonely, why not send me a TG?
Kourtney is the best Kardashian!
''The only sane people on this planet is me, Alfy, Hake & Theo James,'' - Myself
#yafran

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 am

Nation Name: Die Erworbenen Namen
Demonym: DEN
Capitol: Hochburg (City)
Leader: Maximus
Political system: Socialist Dictatorship
Military Size: https://www.nstracker.net/stats=die_erworbenen_namen
Reason for joining the conflict: Peacekeeping along my border, wanting to help out a third world nation.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:OOC: I have a satellite over my waters, and it caught something off it's edge.

Signing up now. Can I keep my post?

Mostly, that's fine. I'm okay with you having had a satellite there that could see it, just as long as you aren't watching the entire world with satellites capable of spotting people trying to board oil rigs. There is the question of how you decided to have the satellite look over there in the first place, but your intelligence agency might have caught wind of the rig and chosen to take a look or something, so yeah. It's fine with me.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:09 am

While I have quite a bit of experience rping, this is the first time I've ever run an rp myself so I apologize preemptively if I do anything stupid

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:11 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:Nation Name: Die Erworbenen Namen
Demonym: DEN
Capitol: Hochburg (City)
Leader: Maximus
Political system: Socialist Dictatorship
Military Size: https://www.nstracker.net/stats=die_erworbenen_namen
Reason for joining the conflict: Peacekeeping along my border, wanting to help out a third world nation.

Accepted!

sorry for the confusion regarding signing up, that was an error on my part for not including a link to the ooc :oops:

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 am

It's alright.

I'm just laughing at how I'm probably, if you don't mind me saying this, the richest nation with the best economy and largest military budget here. Am I correct?
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:13 am

Padnak wrote:While I have quite a bit of experience rping, this is the first time I've ever run an rp myself so I apologize preemptively if I do anything stupid

So far you seem to be doing pretty well. I really like the concept. It ads a bit more depth than just "I will invade you, because your government structure is different than mine."

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 am

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:It's alright.

I'm just laughing at how I'm probably, if you don't mind me saying this, the richest nation with the best economy and largest military budget here. Am I correct?

I think I'm bigger than you, and I've got a fairly good economy. It's nice to not be the small nation for once.

Links:

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:It's alright.

I think I'm bigger than you, and I've got a fairly good economy. It's nice to not be the small nation for once.

Whoa, check that. My economy plummeted recently. One of my issues must have had unintended consequences.

Links:

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:18 am

This should be interesting seeing as I've based Padnak as a whole heavily off Burma and Indonesian and given the Padnaki military large amounts of outdated hardware along with extensive combat experience to try and compensate

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 am

Must say I'm pretty happy with the amount of attention this rp's gotten

I'll be putting up the map by the end of the day, I need Vancon to have a look over it and we live in different time so it'll be a bit till he gets a chance

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri May 02, 2014 8:21 am

Padnak wrote:This should be interesting seeing as I've based Padnak as a whole heavily off Burma and Indonesian and given the Padnaki military large amounts of outdated hardware along with extensive combat experience to try and compensate

It's like that xkcd cartoon: "The past is a country... with huge oil reserves and an outdated military."

Links:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents