NATION

PASSWORD

Liberate Anarchy [gathering approval]

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Percussionland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Liberate Anarchy [gathering approval]

Postby Percussionland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 am

We are upset to learn that recently the Black Riders have illegally seized control of the peaceful region known as Anarchy. This is upsetting, because, as the name suggests, this region is built upon total freedom for everyone. With this control, the region will be slowly destroyed as long time members are removed and a password eventually is put into place. We are outraged at this unprovoked act of aggression against such an unoffensive region, and we need to take action immediately. Therefor, we feel it is our responsibility to put it before the Security Council to liberate the oppressed region effective immediately.

All invading Black Rider member nations are to withdraw immediately. The Security Council declares the region of Anarchy now and forever free from outside oppressive leadership.

The Security Council also bans the use of a secret password on the region of Anarchy until all Black Riders have withdrawn and a new fairly elected delegate is in power.

This resolution will remain in effect until the Security Council determines that it is no longer necessary to maintain peace in the region of Anarchy.

Please approve this Security Council resolution if you like it!
-From the Desk of Keith Starr, Percussionland Ambassador To the World Assembly

Percussionland President: Ringo Bonham
Vice President: Ronnie Watts
Chairman of The Senate: John Moon
Chairman of The Armed Forces: Charlie Wood

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:34 am

It's illegal and will be removed once the mods get around to it. I suggest you post your drafts here first, before submitting, in the future so as to avoid this type of mistake which you've now undertaken twice in two proposal attempts.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Percussionland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Percussionland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:30 am

How is it illegal? It simply is telling a group that invaded a region to leave it. I checked, and other similar resolutions have been passed. There is nothing wrong with it.
Last edited by Percussionland on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 am

Percussionland wrote:How is it illegal? It simply is telling a group that invaded a region to leave it. I checked, and other similar resolutions have been passed.

viewtopic.php?p=19666301#p19666301

I think you need to familiarize yourself a little more with the rules of the Security Council before submitting proposals willy-nilly.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Percussionland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Percussionland » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:37 am

Other similar unrepealed resolutions have been passed. If they were illegal they would never have left quorum.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 am

Percussionland wrote:Other similar unrepealed resolutions have been passed. If they were illegal they would never have left quorum.

Are you a parrot trained only to repeat that "RAWW SIMILAR PROPOSALS HAVE PASSED!"?

Here are the rules, just so you can read them.

Your proposal violates R3 - you don't have an operative clause. Furthermore, you go beyond the operative clause (that you don't have) by saying "All invading Black Rider member nations are to withdraw immediately" and "The Security Council also bans the use of a secret password," both of which are illegal.

Trust me, I've been doing this a while.
Last edited by SkyDip on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 am

Percussionland wrote:There is nothing wrong with it.

1 minute ago: The proposal "Liberate Anarchy" was removed from the floor.

:roll:

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:50 am

Percussionland, SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Anarchy has already been liberated. One more liberation is pointless.
Just some weeb.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Ramaeus wrote:Anarchy has already been liberated. One more liberation is pointless.

This actually raises the interesting point of whether an additional Liberation proposal would be allowed as a symbolic gesture, similar to how GCRs can be Liberated despite the inability to password them.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:Anarchy has already been liberated. One more liberation is pointless.

This actually raises the interesting point of whether an additional Liberation proposal would be allowed as a symbolic gesture, similar to how GCRs can be Liberated despite the inability to password them.

I would think if you can target them for a liberation, you should be able to liberate them as many times as you want. A second liberation would provide security should the first liberation be repealed somehow....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:This actually raises the interesting point of whether an additional Liberation proposal would be allowed as a symbolic gesture, similar to how GCRs can be Liberated despite the inability to password them.

I would think if you can target them for a liberation, you should be able to liberate them as many times as you want. A second liberation would provide security should the first liberation be repealed somehow....

As long as you aren't repeating arguments already made, I'd say.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:22 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Ummm... I would suggest we stop talking about this, lest someone actually try....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:24 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:

Seems like it'd be tough. "TBH have raided the region!" *raiders leave* "TBH might come back!". Potentially legal but rather stupid I would think. The symbolic issue combined with an actual raid-prompted liberation would make more sense but seems incredibly unlikely to ever happen. Besides this. Which thus far has been dismissed as stupidity.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
SkyDip wrote:As long as you aren't repeating arguments already made, I'd say.

Ummm... I would suggest we stop talking about this, lest someone actually try....

TOO LATE, THE SEED HAS BEEN PLANTED!

*goes off to write, lets Mall know beforehand*

Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

It would also be double security, since both would have to be repealed to place a password on it. That would get rather inconvenient for both sides eventually.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Percussionland wrote:We are upset to learn that recently the Black Riders have illegally seized control of the peaceful region known as Anarchy.

This thread is mostly useless now, but I'd like to point out to OP for future reference that the Black Riders did not "illegally" seize control of Anarchy. In fact it is legal within the game rules. What you are looking for is the subversion of the democratic process of electing a delegate for invasion purposes. You may disagree with TBR's actions entirely, but that does not change the fact that what they have done is legally justified.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Republic of Minerva
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Minerva » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:47 pm

I hate to be "that guy" but I don't think The Black Riders will ever leave anarchy. It could be three years from now and TBR could still be occupying it. A liberation has served nothing except for the region being locked and everyone moving on with their life, instead it is a perpetual warzone forever to be occupied. Another one will do no more justice.
Retired former military general of Libertatem
Economic Right: 8.38 Social Libertarian: -5.95

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Republic of Minerva wrote:I hate to be "that guy" but I don't think The Black Riders will ever leave anarchy. It could be three years from now and TBR could still be occupying it. A liberation has served nothing except for the region being locked and everyone moving on with their life, instead it is a perpetual warzone forever to be occupied. Another one will do no more justice.

They'll leave when they get bored.
Just some weeb.

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 am

I would like it if it got an operative clausule that makes the banning and ejection of nations inpossible.
Anarchy would become a second rejected realms.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:27 pm

YoriZ wrote:I would like it if it got an operative clausule that makes the banning and ejection of nations inpossible.

I thought we went over this? this goes beyond the WA and is IMPOSSIBLE
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 pm

YoriZ wrote:I would like it if it got an operative clausule that makes the banning and ejection of nations inpossible.

Sure, you could make that an operative clause, but it would also make the proposal illegal according to WA rules. You can't make a proposal with clauses that are unenforceable.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

YoriZ
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby YoriZ » Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

"World Assembly Notation Division
1 day 16 hours ago
The World Assembly notes receipt of a new proposal that may be of interest to you: Repeal "Liberate Anarchy"."

Don't know who posted it and it has been repealed, so no worry a.t.m.
However, the need for a second Liberate Anarchy proposal could be justified.
Ⓐrtists, not Ⓐrmies! >>>>>>> Join Anarchy

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Sat May 03, 2014 4:44 am

YoriZ wrote:"World Assembly Notation Division
1 day 16 hours ago
The World Assembly notes receipt of a new proposal that may be of interest to you: Repeal "Liberate Anarchy"."

Don't know who posted it and it has been repealed, so no worry a.t.m.
However, the need for a second Liberate Anarchy proposal could be justified.

It was removed,noobs a plenty,also I would consider a second liberation spam,but thats my opinion
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat May 03, 2014 11:12 am

It wasn't Percussionland that submitted the one removed yesterday. Since his draft appears to be abandoned, I'm locking this thread.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council