NATION

PASSWORD

The United Imperial Armed Forces

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Christopher Bishop
Attaché

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Christopher Bishop » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Venico wrote:I like the style Bishop. It's very much in the "They put one ours in the hospital, we put one of theirs in the morgue." kind of thought. May you have continued success. Hoorah!

I shall. :hug:

Transfiguration 100 wrote:I'm spotting! >:(

But I thought it was funny so I let it happen.

So you have two guys spotting and are on, but there is no detagging/defending happening?

Transfiguration 90
Civilian

Founded: Jan 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Transfiguration 90 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 pm

The ranks suck indeed.

Chernihiv
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernihiv » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:17 pm

Whiskum wrote:
Chernihiv wrote:As per the SCOP's statement here. Sword Excalibur has been banned from Poland Lithuania and is hereby declared persona non grata in all SCOP member regions for his failure to accede to our requests of 3rd January.

Poland Lithuania and all its 7 nations. I am sure the Joint Commander of the UIAF of the LKE, TNI and Albion can cope.

Poland Lithuania and Slavia are not the only SCOP members. My first post in this thread provided a list. :p
Whiskum wrote:
Chernihiv wrote:The SCOP further urges all potential allies of the UIAF to be wary, as the UIAF has shown that they have no respect for the signatory regions of fellow imperialist organization, and furthermore they find it necessary to justify such egregious misconduct through tissues of lies and half-truths while refusing all offers of negotiation.

An imperialist organisation? A group that admitted a region which joined the FRA only last month?

If you were imperialist, you would understand obligations and fellowship arise from cooperation and diplomatic contact - we never had this with you.

The only people spreading untruths are those in denial about the extent of Slavia's error when it signed up to the FRA Charter and its terms.

The SCOP was informed by Slavia that they had resigned from the FRA on 24th December before allowing them to join.

The SCOP had no reason to doubt Slavia's claims and, by all accounts, Slavia was not made aware of any confusion on the FRA's part as regards their resignation. Whether you accept their initial resignation or not, Slavia clarified their resignation (or actually resigned, depending on what you want to think) on 3rd January and is no longer an FRA member.
Christopher Bishop wrote:
Chernihiv wrote:
A further statement from the SCOP concerning the continued crisis in Slavia

As per the SCOP's statement here. Sword Excalibur has been banned from Poland Lithuania and is hereby declared persona non grata in all SCOP member regions for his failure to accede to our requests of 3rd January.

All citizens of UIAF member regions are further declared persona non grata in all SCOP signatory regions until such a time as (a) the UIAF withdraws from Slavia and apologizes for any consequences to the community thereof due to their actions in said region and (b) the UIAF agrees not to take any military action against SCOP signatory regions, their colonies, their protectorates, and any and all other regions affiliated with the SCOP.

The SCOP further urges all potential allies of the UIAF to be wary, as the UIAF has shown that they have no respect for the signatory regions of fellow imperialist organization, and furthermore they find it necessary to justify such egregious misconduct through tissues of lies and half-truths while refusing all offers of negotiation.

Chernihiv, Head of the SCOP Department of Foreign Affairs.

This is my response:

Your continued belligerence towards the SCOP has been noted, and your raid cleaned up. Don't you feel proud of yourself for tag-raiding a region with no delegate? Such displays of military prowess truly strike fear in the hearts of those opposing you. :roll:

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:30 pm

And SCOP is made up of tiny defenseless regions that are easily pushed over. "Such displays of military prowess truly strike fear in the hearts of those opposing you. :roll: "
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:47 pm

I miss the days when Invaders didn't pretend a tag raid was something actually worth caring about.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Whiskum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:52 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:The fact that the FRA not only refused to acknowledge our Christmas Eve resignation but also refused to attempt to clarify points of confusion, which I must note Slavia was entirely unaware of, with us does not make us an FRA member region

Your reps were asked did they read the charter when they joined :P Not our fault that they didn't read all of it.

That is indeed not something that the central FRA can be blamed for.

On the other hand, the FRA was unable to protect its member-region speaks volumes about its military and diplomatic capacities, as well as its regard for its members' welfare. Let our invasion stand as a lesson to the next region foolish enough to consider joining the FRA.

Chernihiv wrote:
Whiskum wrote:Poland Lithuania and all its 7 nations. I am sure the Joint Commander of the UIAF of the LKE, TNI and Albion can cope.

Poland Lithuania and Slavia are not the only SCOP members. My first post in this thread provided a list. :p

I was not talking about all SCOP members, I was talking about you announcing that Poland Lithuania specifically had banned the Joint Commander.

The point being that the region is little more than a puppet dump. Indeed, it has not a single WA nation.

However, 7 nations of Poland Lithuania (now 8 in fact) are indeed joined by the 22 nations of Poland, the 12 nations of Ukraine and the 71 nations of Slavya: it also claims to include Slavia, but that is currently under UIAF occupation. Thus, excluding Slavia, the SCOP constitutes well under half the size of any single UIAF region and if we exclude Slavya as well comes to a mere 42 nations, which is less than two-thirds the size of the LKE colony Munster at 65.

Edit: I see Slavya is no longer listed in your post. That is 71 nations down. Thus, excluding UIAF occupied territory of Slavia, your entire organisation amounts to less than two-thirds of the single LKE colony of Munster.

Chernihiv wrote:
Whiskum wrote:An imperialist organisation? A group that admitted a region which joined the FRA only last month?

If you were imperialist, you would understand obligations and fellowship arise from cooperation and diplomatic contact - we never had this with you.

The only people spreading untruths are those in denial about the extent of Slavia's error when it signed up to the FRA Charter and its terms.

The SCOP was informed by Slavia that they had resigned from the FRA on 24th December before allowing them to join.

The SCOP had no reason to doubt Slavia's claims and, by all accounts, Slavia was not made aware of any confusion on the FRA's part as regards their resignation. Whether you accept their initial resignation or not, Slavia clarified their resignation (or actually resigned, depending on what you want to think) on 3rd January and is no longer an FRA member.

The SCOP was informed incorrectly. The FRA Charter, which Slavia signed up to when it joined the FRA and was thus bound by it, requires all resignations to be made 'directly to the Regional Assembly': the fact Slavian natives actually did this on 3rd January constitutes an acknowledgement of that. After the initial statement on 24th December, the FRA were informed by one of Slavia's representatives, Albul, that Slavia was still a member. Slavia failed to announce its withdrawal from the FRA as it had when it joined, it failed to withdraw its FRA Embassy, its FRA representatives retained their access there and it remained on the FRA membership list. If the FRA and Slavia's Defence Minister believed that Slavia was a member during this intervening period, then it is entirely open for the UIAF to equally reach that conclusion on examination of Slavia's official and practical status. It is clear there was a disagreement amongst the natives of Slavia and that this as well as the procedural difficulty caused confusion. In any case, Slavia remained in the FRA.

They followed the correct procedure for resigning from the FRA on 3rd January, which was after they were invaded. At that point they had already ceased to be sovereign and had already been invaded by the UIAF as having been an FRA region captured as part of the LKE and TNI's ongoing wars on the FRA.

The UIAF makes no allowances for FRA regions and their internal disputes. If you join the FRA, you take on a very grave risk at the point of doing so.

If the SCOP does not realise things like the importance of following treaties and the transformational gravity of joining the FRA, then it is not imperialist.
Last edited by Whiskum on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, Basileus Emeritus of Polis, etc.

Prince of Jomsborg, of Balder

Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:I miss the days when Invaders didn't pretend a tag raid was something actually worth caring about.

It was a diplomatic statement with less words and more pizazz. I prefer that than an 800 word essay from a diplomat. =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Venico wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:I miss the days when Invaders didn't pretend a tag raid was something actually worth caring about.

It was a diplomatic statement with less words and more pizazz. I prefer that than an 800 word essay from a diplomat. =P

Well, Onder appears to be NS' Billy Mays. Get a tag raid, and receive a massive essay for free! Plus separate shipping and handling.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Bishop delivers the punch, Onder delivers the essay. *shrug* Appeals to those of few and many words. =P
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Sovreignry wrote:
Venico wrote:

Well, Onder appears to be NS' Billy Mays. Get a tag raid, and receive a massive essay for free! Plus separate shipping and handling.

On a personal level I can claim no credit for anything relating to the tag raid on Poland Lithuania, though I think it gets the point across quite nicely.

As for the so-called 'massive essay', all I have done is respond in detail to the bizarre claims made by the UIAF's opponents.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Whiskum wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Your reps were asked did they read the charter when they joined :P Not our fault that they didn't read all of it.

That is indeed not something that the central FRA can be blamed for.

On the other hand, the FRA was unable to protect its member-region speaks volumes about its military and diplomatic capacities, as well as its regard for its members' welfare. Let our invasion stand as a lesson to the next region foolish enough to consider joining the FRA.

Chernihiv wrote:Poland Lithuania and Slavia are not the only SCOP members. My first post in this thread provided a list. :p

I was not talking about all SCOP members, I was talking about you announcing that Poland Lithuania specifically had banned the Joint Commander.

The point being that the region is little more than a puppet dump. Indeed, it has not a single WA nation.

However, 7 nations of Poland Lithuania (now 8 in fact) are indeed joined by the 22 nations of Poland, the 12 nations of Ukraine and the 71 nations of Slavya: it also claims to include Slavia, but that is currently under UIAF occupation. Thus, excluding Slavia, the SCOP constitutes well under half the size of any single UIAF region and if we exclude Slavya as well comes to a mere 42 nations, which is less than two-thirds the size of the LKE colony Munster at 65.

Edit: I see Slavya is no longer listed in your post. That is 71 nations down. Thus, excluding UIAF occupied territory of Slavia, your entire organisation amounts to less than two-thirds of the single LKE colony of Munster.

Chernihiv wrote:The SCOP was informed by Slavia that they had resigned from the FRA on 24th December before allowing them to join.

The SCOP was informed incorrectly. The FRA Charter, which Slavia signed up to when it joined the FRA and was thus bound by it, requires all resignations to be made 'directly to the Regional Assembly': the fact Slavian natives actually did this on 3rd January constitutes an acknowledgement of that. After the initial statement on 24th December, the FRA were informed by one of Slavia's representatives, Albul, that Slavia was still a member. Slavia failed to announce its withdrawal from the FRA as it had when it joined, it failed to withdraw its FRA Embassy, its FRA representatives retained their access there and it remained on the FRA membership list. If the FRA and Slavia's Defence Minister believed that Slavia was a member during this intervening period, then it is entirely open for the UIAF to equally reach that conclusion on examination of Slavia's official and practical status. It is clear there was a disagreement amongst the natives of Slavia and that this as well as the procedural difficulty caused confusion. In any case, Slavia remained in the FRA.

They followed the correct procedure for resigning from the FRA on 3rd January, which was after they were invaded. At that point they had already ceased to be sovereign and had already been invaded by the UIAF as having been an FRA region captured as part of the LKE and TNI's ongoing wars on the FRA.

The UIAF makes no allowances for FRA regions and their internal disputes. If you join the FRA, you take on a very grave risk at the point of doing so.

If the SCOP does not realise things like the importance of following treaties and the transformational gravity of joining the FRA, then it is not imperialist.

The problem is not so much the FRA's inability to protect its member regions (which was demonstrated in Soviet Union, not Slavia, as Slavia had ceased to be an FRA member region on Christmas Eve) as it is a problem on the part of defenderism as a whole to defend anything.

Furthermore, the SCOP refused to accept Slavia until it had ceased to be an FRA member region. When we informed the SCOP of our resignation on Christmas Eve, we were accepted. The SCOP fully recognized the "transformational gravity" of having an FRA member region as one of their members. Had they not, Slavia would have been accepted as an SCOP member while being an FRA member, which would have been absurd given the political aims of both the SCOP and FRA.

^This is the reason I don't tag raid. :p
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Whiskum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whiskum » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:59 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:The problem is not so much the FRA's inability to protect its member regions (which was demonstrated in Soviet Union, not Slavia, as Slavia had ceased to be an FRA member region on Christmas Eve) as it is a problem on the part of defenderism as a whole to defend anything.

Quite obviously there is a general weakness of defending at present, but a inter-regional alliance, especially one founded expressly to protect founderless regions, can be expected to defend its own regions - including Slavia, Soviet Union, Fidelia and The Rejected Realms, all FRA regions which have been invaded by TNI or the UIAF as a whole, as well as the LKE's contribution to the more recent occupation of Soviet Union. The failure in this regard by the FRA is not purely a question of military defending but also a question of diplomatic policy: Falconias sought to defend FRA members like Slavia by calling a conference with the UIAF to secure their protection, inter alia, which failed because of the unprofessional way in which the FRA handled it. This non-military aspect doesn't apply to 'defenderism' and regions in general, though the FRA should also be expected to militarily defend its own regions.

Slavia did not leave the FRA on Christmas Eve because it made no announcement 'directly to the Regional Assembly' on Christmas Eve, as is required to leave the FRA under the terms of the FRA Charter, an agreement which Slavia entered into when it joined the FRA. Moreover, in practical terms its status remained unchanged after Christmas Eve, with confusion created by different messages coming different people in Slavia, hence why the correct procedures were not just a technicality but were essential to determining whether Slavia had left, as the FRA recognised at the time in its conduct.

The North Polish Union wrote:Furthermore, the SCOP refused to accept Slavia until it had ceased to be an FRA member region. When we informed the SCOP of our resignation on Christmas Eve, we were accepted. The SCOP fully recognized the "transformational gravity" of having an FRA member region as one of their members. Had they not, Slavia would have been accepted as an SCOP member while being an FRA member, which would have been absurd given the political aims of both the SCOP and FRA.

The information provided to SCOP was inaccurate. I imagine this was merely due to ignorance of the FRA Charter, but that's no excuse and in any case to any external observer of Slavia's situation seriously engaged with this issue it would have been quite apparent that the practical status had not changed.

If SCOP understood the 'transformational gravity' of joining the FRA, which is what I referred to, then it would not have countenanced admitting a region which had been in the FRA so recently regardless of its membership status at the point of the time of the admission - joining the FRA is something so bad it is close to irredeemable, certainly insofar as membership of a genuinely imperialist organisation goes in the timespan of less than couple of weeks. However, in any case Slavia was in fact a member of the FRA at the time of its admission to SCOP for the reasons I have already clearly outlined, hence why one of its FRA representatives felt compelled on 3rd January to follow the correct procedure to resign from the FRA following the UIAF's invasion.
Last edited by Whiskum on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister

Crown Prince of TNI

Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Secretary

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Imperial Armed Forces » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:08 pm

The United Imperial Armed Forces Press Release
Scotland Occupation
9 April, 2014
At the minor update on Friday the 29th of March, a joint task force of soldiers from The North Pacific Army and the United Imperial Armed Forces, with support from The Black Riders, invaded the region of Scotland and seized the World Assembly Delegacy. This was the culmination of an operation that had been planned and scheduled in advance by officers from The North Pacific and Albion, as a joint military exercise to demonstrate the cooperation between our regions. Following the capture, reinforcements from TNP and the UIAF deployed into the region, securing it with an endorsement count of approximately fourty. Our forces subsequently successfully held the region for over a week without interruption, not once facing resistance from either the native population nor any defender interlopers.

As per the regulations permitted by the Assembly in The North Pacific, no lasting damage has been done to the region, and no steps were taken that might potentially aggravate the native population. This was ensured personally by the mission commander, out of respect for the operating principles of The North Pacific, our valued allies in this operation.

The capture and ongoing operation of Scotland highlights the military prowess of both The North Pacific and the UIAF, demonstrating both our capabilities and the inherint professionalism shared by both our militaries. The cooperation of these two groups demonstrates the excellent working relationship being developed between The North Pacific and Albion, as well as with the other members of the UIAF, in military matters, and potentially beyond this. It was a pleasure to work with The North Pacific, and its excellent representatives, in this matter, and we hope to entertain such friendly and productive relations more in the days to come.
Field Marshal Christopher Bishop

Joint Commander of the United Imperial Armed Forces

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm

The United Imperial Armed Forces wrote:The capture and ongoing operation of Scotland [...]

What ongoing occupation? :P
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Good to hear gentleman. *gently pours us all a drink from the decanter*
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Imperial Armed Forces » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:08 am

Slavya Occupation
19 April, 2014
The United Imperial Armed Forces have commenced an occupation of Slavya in retaliation for SCOP's actions. We are most grateful to Lone Wolves United and The Black Riders for their support in the update mission, and to our ally Europeia and the West Pacific for sending reinforcements.

Following the invasion of Slavia, the Slavic Co-Operation Pact issued a statement on 3rd January in which it listed its members as ‘Poland Lithuania, Slavia, Slavya, Poland, and Ukraine’ [bolding ours]. This post was then edited once, on 7th January, to remove the region of Slavya from this list. That Slavya was originally included can be seen in the quoting of this post prior to 7th January, including here by a representative of Slavia and here by the Emperor of the LKE.

On 7th January, before that edit removing Slavya from the SCOP membership list occurred, the UIAF conducted a tag raid of Poland Lithuania, another SCOP member. In light of that invasion, SCOP evidently came to the realisation that listing an active founderless region as among its members in a post where they were threatening the most powerful military organisation in NationStates was not a very clever idea at all. Slavya was therefore listed as being part of SCOP, then removed when they realised that listing it left it vulnerable.

Previously on 13th December, Slavia issued a foreign update, with its headline article as ‘Slavia joins the Founderless Regions Alliance’. This update included an article in which it referred to ‘Slavya, one of Slavia's oldest allies’. It even referred to the possibility of the two regions merging.
Moreover, in negotiations suing for the return of Slavia while it was still occupied, The North Polish Union (Foreign Minister of Slavia) demanded as one of his conditions: ‘The UIAF shall not take future military action against Slavia or Slavia's sister-region of Slavya’ [bolding ours]. Slavya is Slavya’s sister region, somewhere they cared so much about as to include their attempted peace terms with the UIAF at the potential expense of not getting their own region back.

Slavia remains a member of SCOP and was listed in their most recent official announcement of 25th March regarding the invasion of Anzia: if Slavya is such a close ally of an SCOP member, not to mention an SCOP member at the time when SCOP was issuing threats and declaring war against UIAF, Slavya is a legitimate target if SCOP decides to pursue that war.

In that post of 25th March, SCOP announced that it had invaded Anzia ‘with the intent to destroy a region which had participated in the occupation of Slavia, an SCOP member region.’ The LKE, TNI and Albion, in signing the Green Black Concordat, only agreed to show non-aggression to Anzia, not necessarily to defend it. However, we exceeded those terms and quickly reclaimed the region in concert with The Black Riders, another signatory. Yet the key point is that SCOP claimed that this action against Anzia formed part of a state of war against the UIAF. Slavya is certainly closer to Slavia specifically than Anzia is to any of the individual UIAF regions.

SCOP threatened and then declared war on the UIAF while Slavya remained among its members. Slavya is the sister region of Slavia, a region which Slavia tried to include in its peace terms with the UIAF. Having opted for war, SCOP can have Slavya in the terms of war instead. The LKE, TNI and Albion do not sit idly by when foreign powers, however miniscule, issue threats and declare states of war against it. For actions there are consequences. The invasion of Slavya is a direct response to those threats and the decision of SCOP to pursue hostilities against the UIAF. As such they invited retaliation. Having been an SCOP member when it initiated hostilities against UIAF, as well as being sister region of Slavia, Slavya is a suitable target in such a war. The UIAF is enacting retribution.

Last edited by The United Imperial Armed Forces on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bolkania
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolkania » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Imperial Armed Forces » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:45 am

Slavya Occupation Withdrawal
20 April, 2014
The United Imperial Armed Forces are pleased to announce that the invasion and occupation of Slavya is coming to a successful conclusion.

Not only did we obtain an excellent military victory, but the operation has satisfied several political objectives, obtaining the following from the governments of Slavya, Slavia and Slavska:

We the undersigned are the legitimate representatives of the natives of the region Slavia, Slavska and Slavya, vested with plenipotentiary authority to negotiate with the United Imperial Armed Forces. The following statements reflect our irrevocable will and are made as part of an agreement negotiated with Field Marshal Onder Kelkia of the UIAF.

-We are posting this announcement as a new topic in the NS Gameplay forum and on the regional message boards of Slavia, Slavska and Slavya.
-We guarantee that neither the Slavic Co-operation Pact nor any similar organisation shall be established again. We regard the SCOP as an illegitimate organisation and we condemn the involvement of our members with it.
-We apologise for the invasion of Anzia. While Slavska’s participation in this invasion was under our own laws unconstitutional, we accept responsibility for our members’ actions. Specifically, we apologise to the natives of Anzia, to The Black Riders, to the Green Black Concordat, to The Land of Kings and Emperors, to The New Inquisition and to Albion.
-We admit that SCOP has been defeated in the state of war it declared upon the regions of the United Imperial Armed Forces, namely the LKE, TNI and Albion.
-We acknowledge that at the time of its invasion, on 3rd January 2014, Slavia was legally a member of the FRA whatever its members' intentions. We regard the FRA as having been at fault in having a procedure which required us to resign directly to the Regional Assembly.
-We promise never to engage in any aggression against the LKE, TNI or Albion, or any regions associated with these regions.
-We promise never to join the FRA or any other super-regional defender organisation. We not allow our soldiers to be placed under the command of such disreputable groups.

In exchange for the unreserved making and subsequent adherence to these commitments, the United Imperial Armed Forces has magnanimously and generously agreed to withdraw from Slavya within two days of the posting of this agreement. They have also agreed, also subject to our continued compliance, to not to attack the regions of Slavya, Slavia, Slavska and Slavija again. We thank for them for doing so.

This represents one of the clearest and most direct examples of how imperialist powers can use military operations to their advantage.

Through this operation, we have soundly defeated our enemies. Indeed, SCOP (having declared war on us over the invasion of Slavia) has been declared a banned organisation by the regions it claimed to represent. We have effectively forced an organisation which declared war on us to disband.

Moreover, an apology has been achieved for the invasion of Anzia. Anzia is fortunate indeed that the forces attacking them insulted the UIAF; if they had been left reliant on defender organisations then it is most unlikely that one of the regions which invaded them would have been forced into an apology.

All outstanding issues from the Slavia invasion have been settled. Slavia will never join the FRA again It is now the official position of Slavia that it was an FRA member at the time of our invasion.

Having attained victory and in line with our commitment, we will be withdrawing from the region. We are grateful to The West Pacific, Europeia, The Black Riders and Lone Wolves United for their support in this operation.

This victory is another illustration of the force and potential of the UIAF's power. Foreign states like SCOP which seek to threaten or damage us can expect a formidable response.

Darwinish Brentsylvania
Senator

Founded: Aug 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Darwinish Brentsylvania » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:23 am

Are you serious?!?! So much planning for nothing!?!?!

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Are you serious?!?! So much planning for nothing!?!?!

I saw this coming from a mile away, you should have paid attention.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Zaolat wrote:
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Are you serious?!?! So much planning for nothing!?!?!

I saw this coming from a mile away, you should have paid attention.

I mean its not like this thread has been up for the last 36 hours, or that Whiksum acknowledged shortly after that the UIAF would soon recognize it, and Whiksum most definitely didn't acknowledge yesterday that the treaty was valid and UIAF would be withdrawing. No idea how you could have foreseen this Zao :P
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Kazmr wrote:
Zaolat wrote:I saw this coming from a mile away, you should have paid attention.

I mean its not like this thread has been up for the last 36 hours, or that Whiksum acknowledged shortly after that the UIAF would soon recognize it, and Whiksum most definitely didn't acknowledge yesterday that the treaty was valid and UIAF would be withdrawing. No idea how you could have foreseen this Zao :P

Heh :P
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Imperial Armed Forces » Mon May 12, 2014 9:39 am

Minor Update Operation
12 May, 2014
It was at the minor update that Christopher Bishop, Charles Cerebella and MagentaFairy went to stretch their legs. With the swiftness of their timings they were able to capture all their intended targets. One target that stood out the most was the The United Defenders League, an organization that TNI and LKE are at war with. This strike shows that the UDL cannot even defend their own region against our forces. How can they suspect to defend anyone?

Other targets:
http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_weast_pacific
http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_night_stalkers
http://www.nationstates.net/region=aryan_soviet_brotherhood
http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_noble_alliance
http://www.nationstates.net/region=mega_hammer
http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_royal_british_empire

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Mon May 12, 2014 10:04 am

Chris Bishop is still alive? Weird. :P

Congrats on the captures!
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon May 12, 2014 10:25 am

You'd have done better slipping some sleepers in and doing a quiet refound while no one was looking. A tag is nothing compared to a refound ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay