NATION

PASSWORD

Martial Magic OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Serious question. Would you all rather:

A) Create more characters yourselves.
26%
B) Invite more people to MMA.
21%
C) A and B.
53%
D) Not have an evil school (if so, explain why).
No votes

Total votes : 19

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Martial Magic OOC

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Many years ago, in a time of great conflict and war, there was a man named Rynhart. Rynhart was a great master of the martial arts, going so far as to awaken his inner powers (now known as chi). Rynhart harnessed his chi, and combined it with his martial arts, creating the first martial magic.

Rynhart eventually and took in two disciples: Gregori and Holden. Gregori was the elder disciple, and had a better grasp of martial magic than Holden, developing his personal martial magic of shadow. Holden, the younger, tried as hard as he could with his martial magic of light.

Eventually, Holden grew strong while Gregori stagnated. Gregori grew jealous of Holden, and performed a ritual meant to give him limitless power. The ritual bestowed Gregori with a nigh-limitless supply of chi, and eternel life. Once Rynhart found out, he banished Gregori from his school. In a fit of rage, Gregori attacked Rynhart, mortally wounding him, then retreating, never to be seen again. Holden discovered Rynhart, and Rynhart tasked Holden, and his lineage, with defending martial magic and the world from Gregori. Then Rynhart passed on.

Centuries later, in the modern age, Holden's descendant Ray founded a school for martial magic on a mountain, close enough to civilization for supplies but far enough for seclusion. He had heard about Gregori, and other martial mages, disturbing the peace worldwide. With haste, he founded the school and invited chi-gifted students to his dojo. People with chi, up till their teenage years, are still malleable in the arts. After they reach the graduating age of high school, the chi, if untrained, will dissipate, and you will become normal. So he invited teens and children, and did all he could to gather a force to train and protect these children while they grow in power, for they are humanity's last hope.

OOC: Hi, this is Temp, your friendly neighborhood OP, and welcome to my newest RP (at time of writing), known as "Martial Magic".

In this RP, you will play a student of martial magic, brought to my dojo away from society, to train in martial magic to defend the world. Pretty simple.

There are rules though:
  • You must be between the ages of 8 and 19. Older people have no chi to train, and younger are too young.
  • No godmodding/trolling/etc. Basic rules.
  • You need to be able to post once every two days AT LEAST. I understand if you have an emergency, but please let me know.
  • If a co-op or I say something, listen. I haven't had to kick anyone yet in my time on NS, don't be the first.
  • Magic drains you physically and mentally. Show the effects of overusage if you use a lot of chi quickly. Some people don't, which is why I've had to say this.
  • Follow the school schedule:
    Math: 9:00-10:00
    English: 10:00-11:00
    Geography: 11:00-12:00
    Lunch: 12:00-12:30
    Science: 12:30-1:30
    Magic: 1:30-2:30
    Gym: 2:30-4:00

Co-ops: Volvek, Nothrend.

That seems to be all the rules. Here's the app:
Code: Select all
Name:
Home (country/state & city):
Martial Art (Brief description of style):
Element of Magic:
Personality:
Short Bio:

And now, we're open. I'll accept teachers at the dojo, but I need to approve you before you make a teacher app.

Good Guys:
THC:Volvek:Nothrend:Blackdeath:Sasquatch:King AvalonThronus:HetlandAtria:FesconiaNachfolgia:
Bad Guys:
THC:Volvek:King AvalonBlackdeath:Atria:
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 78 times in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Name: Ray Williams
Appearance (pics are OK): Tall, well built, shaved head, some facial hair, blonde hair, wears a robe.
Home (country/state & city): England, UK. Lived most of his life in New York, NY.
Martial Art: Kenpo Karate (American Kenpo)
Element of Magic: Light & gravatic. Specifically, uses beams/rays of light with the palm strikes from Kenpo, and controls gravity around his enemies.
Personality: Happy and fun-loving, but will turn harsh to those who disobey his authority.
Short Bio: Ray grew up in New York after immigrating from England. His father told him the legends of Gregori, and gave him an amulet. He told him that if the amulet were ever to become hot, that he must prepare to fight Gregori, as a member of Holden's lineage. Ray practiced martial arts his whole life, and awakened his chi around the age of 12. He proceeded to perfect it, gathering like-minded fighters from around the globe to form a school for martial magic. A few months back, the amulet grew warm. That was when Ray sent out invitations to his school, in order to combat Gregori.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Hey, Temp! Tagged for interest. I'll get an app up soon

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Diabolus Thronus wrote:Hey, Temp! Tagged for interest. I'll get an app up soon

Thronus, I can't express how much I love you. Again, not gay, but really.

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Diabolus Thronus wrote:Hey, Temp! Tagged for interest. I'll get an app up soon

Thronus, I can't express how much I love you. Again, not gay, but really.

I get it, bro.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Tagged. Will have an app up tonight. I'm on my pad, and I don't do apps on my pad. :p
MTG RP: The Academy (Co-OP) IC/OOC
The Beginning of a Paradox (Co-Op) IC/OOC
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC
MTG; Fakey Fakerness of Cards

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Name: Samuel Mason
Appearance (pics are OK): 6'4", 235 Lb, shoulder-length brown hair usually kept in a low ponytail, green eyes, scar on left upper lip
Home (country/state & city): Tahlequah, Oklahoma, USA
Martial Art: MMA
Element of Magic: Earth
Personality: a stubborn country boy; has a deep respect for elders, but will stand his ground to defend what he believes in, protective of others
Short Bio: The son of an ex-Spec Ops soldier, Paulson grew up on the farm. When he was five and had just started school, Paulson was attacked by a first grader after class and went home with a black eye. When his father saw, Paulson began receiving training in self-defense.

Five years later, Paulson could successfully fend off his father's surprise attacks in three seconds flat. Paulson began defending other children against bullies at school, constantly getting in trouble for it, but he felt right for doing it. When Paulson was twelve, he was attacked by three gangsters. Paulson easily held them off, due to nearly a decade of CQC training from his father. Help arrived soon after; a police officer on patrol had come upon the scene as one of the gangsters pulled out a gun and pointed it at Paulson. Paulson, out of instinct, held out his hand as if to ward off the bullet.

The gangster fired.

The bullet never found its mark.

A small wave of dirt, stone, and concrete had erupted from the ground, swallowing the bullet and disappearing. A week later, Paulson received a letter from Ray Williams, inviting him to a school for teens like Paulson. A month later, Paulson had been moved to the mountain where the school was, and has been there ever since, learning to control his chi.
Last edited by Diabolus Thronus on Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Diabolus Thronus wrote:Name: James Paulson
Appearance (pics are OK): 6'4", 235 Lb, shoulder-length brown hair usually kept in a low ponytail, green eyes, scar on left upper lip
Personality: a stubborn country boy; has a deep respect for elders, but will stand his ground to defend what he believes in, protective of others
Short Bio: The son of an ex-Spec Ops soldier, Paulson grew up on the farm. When he was five and had just started school, Paulson was attacked by a first grader after class and went home with a black eye. When his father saw, Paulson began receiving training in self-defense.

Five years later, Paulson could successfully fend off his father's surprise attacks in three seconds flat. Paulson began defending other children against bullies at school, constantly getting in trouble for it, but he felt right for doing it. When Paulson was twelve, he was attacked by three gangsters. Paulson easily held them off, due to nearly a decade of CQC training from his father. Help arrived soon after; a police officer on patrol had come upon the scene as one of the gangsters pulled out a gun and pointed it at Paulson. Paulson, out of instinct, held out his hand as if to ward off the bullet.

The gangster fired.

A small wave of dirt, stone, and concrete had erupted from the ground, swallowing the bullet and disappearing. A week later, Paulson received a letter from Ray Williams, inviting him to a school for teens like Paulson. A month later, Paulson had been moved to the mountain where the school was, and has been there ever since, learning to control his chi.

Love it. Accepted. I'll be making an IC by the end of this week.

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Diabolus Thronus wrote:Name: James Paulson

The gangster fired.

Love it. Accepted. I'll be making an IC by the end of this week.

I can't wait, dude

Vrijeme
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Name: Jase Dianli
Appearance (pics are OK):

Home (country/state & city): Asheville, NC, USA
Martial Art: He's a straight-up street fighter, with some Northern Shaolin thrown in.
Element of Magic: Electricity
Personality: He can be the goof, the serious one and the sensitive guy, switching between them at a moment's notice, but only when he knows which is necessary. It takes a lot to make him angry, but once he's angry, you best watch out.
Short Bio: Jase Dianli was born to world famous boxer Marion Dianli, his only son before the 'accident'. When Jase was 14, Marion was killed by the mob, to whom he apparently owed money. They shot him in cold blood, right in front of Jase, his mother and younger brother. The police chalked it up to an 'overdose', covered all the evidence, and brought out faked reports about Marion's history of drug abuse. After this, Jase began training in any kind of fighting he could. It took two years, but finally, Jase tracked down those who killed his father, now a competent fighter. As soon as he saw them, his anger rose to unbearable levels and soon, his hair had started to stand on end. Electricity bounced on his skin, around his fingers and about his clenched fists as he removed his jacket. The men saw and recognized Jase, but were terrified as they saw the electricity.

Jase ran towards the men, who had begun to fire. Their aim was off, as they were so terrified, and the boy jumped, bringing an electrically charged fist into the jaw of one of the men. His foot came up and connected with the side of the other, electricity bouncing about. Jase beat the pair to a pulp before calling 911 and having an ambulance come and pick them up. Jase returned home, and received an invitation to the academy. Within a few weeks, after celebrating his 17th birthday, Jase was at the academy.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Vrijeme wrote:Name: Jase Dianli

Martial Art: He's a straight-up street fighter, with some Northern Shaolin thrown in.
Personality: He can be the goof, the serious one and the sensitive guy, switching between them at a moment's notice, but only when he knows which is necessary. It takes a lot to make him angry, but once he's angry, you best watch out.
Short Bio: Jase Dianli was born to world famous boxer Marion Dianli, his only son before the 'accident'. When Jase was 14, Marion was killed by the mob, to whom he apparently owed money. They shot him in cold blood, right in front of Jase, his mother and younger brother. The police chalked it up to an 'overdose', covered all the evidence, and brought out faked reports about Marion's history of drug abuse. After this, Jase began training in any kind of fighting he could. It took two years, but finally, Jase tracked down those who killed his father, now a competent fighter. As soon as he saw them, his anger rose to unbearable levels and soon, his hair had started to stand on end. Electricity bounced on his skin, around his fingers and about his clenched fists as he removed his jacket. The men saw and recognized Jase, but were terrified as they saw the electricity.

Jase ran towards the men, who had begun to fire. Their aim was off, as they were so terrified, and the boy jumped, bringing an electrically charged fist into the jaw of one of the men. His foot came up and connected with the side of the other, electricity bouncing about. Jase beat the pair to a pulp before calling 911 and having an ambulance come and pick them up. Jase returned home, and received an invitation to the academy. Within a few weeks, after celebrating his 17th birthday, Jase was at the academy.

Looks nice Vri. One question: could you give a brief description of the Northern Shaolin fighting style? I'm going to add that to the app now.

Vrijeme
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vrijeme » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Vrijeme wrote:Name: Jase Dianli

Looks nice Vri. One question: could you give a brief description of the Northern Shaolin fighting style? I'm going to add that to the app now.

Think Firebending from Avatar, except with electricity instead of fire. Firebending was based off of Northern Shaolin style Kung Fu.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Vrijeme wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Looks nice Vri. One question: could you give a brief description of the Northern Shaolin fighting style? I'm going to add that to the app now.

Think Firebending from Avatar, except with electricity instead of fire. Firebending was based off of Northern Shaolin style Kung Fu.

Thank you. Accepted.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm

Ah, what the hell. I'm in.

Name: Alejandro Jackson
Appearance (pics are OK): Very short black hair and goatee. 5'8". Heavily tanned skin. Brown eyes, thin eyebrows, semi muscular.
Home (country/state & city): San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Southern Dragon Claw — mirrors a dragon "swooping down on its prey". The form contains close-range techniques for "seizing and holding that utilize the hand.
Element of Magic: Fire.
Personality: Generally kind and overall pleasant to be around but extremely eccentric to the point of hyper activity. Often speaks by shouting or through his teeth when even slightly frustrated or otherwise disturbed. Is not known to get angry but his wrath is short but extreme. (Loosely based off of Trevor from GTA 5.)
Short Bio: As a little kid he enjoyed himself hours on end with just a magnifying glass. Often starting small fires. Due to his general destructive nature his mother and father enrolled him in a martial arts class. He found him self to be proficient at it and loved every second. When he had graduated high-school and training to join the local sheriff's department he saw a woman getting robbed and intervened. Alejandro's life turned completely upside down when he wound up nearly burning the thief to death with one swipe. He had no charges placed against him as there was no evidence that he set the man on fire. He received his academy invitation and his parents encouraged it as it was free.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Is it strictly hand to hand and magic or can we train with weapons and magic?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:16 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Ah, what the hell. I'm in.

Name: Alejandro Jackson
Appearance (pics are OK): Very short black hair and goatee. 5'8". Heavily tanned skin. Brown eyes, thin eyebrows, semi muscular.
Home (country/state & city): San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Martial Art (Brief description of style): Southern Dragon Claw — mirrors a dragon "swooping down on its prey". The form contains close-range techniques for "seizing and holding that utilize the hand.
Element of Magic: Fire.
Personality: Generally kind and overall pleasant to be around but extremely eccentric to the point of hyper activity. Often speaks by shouting or through his teeth when even slightly frustrated or otherwise disturbed. Is not known to get angry but his wrath is short but extreme. (Loosely based off of Trevor from GTA 5.)
Short Bio: As a little kid he enjoyed himself hours on end with just a magnifying glass. Often starting small fires. Due to his general destructive nature his mother and father enrolled him in a martial arts class. He found him self to be proficient at it and loved every second. When he had graduated high-school and training to join the local sheriff's department he saw a woman getting robbed and intervened. Alejandro's life turned completely upside down when he wound up nearly burning the thief to death with one swipe. He had no charges placed against him as there was no evidence that he set the man on fire. He received his academy invitation and his parents encouraged it as it was free.

You seem reluctant? Accepted, bro.

Volvek wrote:Is it strictly hand to hand and magic or can we train with weapons and magic?

I don't know yet Vol. Make your case, and we'll see. It's probably fine, but I want to see how you plan to do it.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 am

Bump.

This is the famous Sen Shuffle! Where one spams Bump until he has enough players.

Nothrend
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nothrend » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:51 am

Name: Ai Duan (Duan is her family name)

Home (country/state & city): Unknown, China
Tai Ji Quan:
A type of martial arts that focuses on the duality of nature: hard and soft, light and darkness, yin and yang. When used in combat, the graceful circular motions that the practitioner perform forces the opponent to lose his pacing and control of a battle as he fell under a myriad of deflection and redirection, counter attacks, grapple and throws. Maya practices ‘soft’ Tai Ji Quan and Tai Ji Shan, a variation of Tai Ji Quan that employs the use of large fans. Despite this, her preferred weapon are silver strings – infused with her Qi.
Xiao Yao Sect Martial Arts:
Ai’s family descended from a group of secluded martial artists that are from the Xiao Yao sect, and as such Ai had been vigorously trained since young. She has learned Ling Bo Wei Bu, a qing gong (or ‘light martial arts’) that helps her in mobility and Xiqo Wu Xiang Gong, a nei gong (or ‘internal martial arts’) that helps her in strengthening her Qi.
Ling Bo Wei Bu (轻功/凌波微步):
One of the techniques of Xiao Yao Sect martial arts. This skill enables her to graciously escape from her opponents and moving quickly from one point to another like a beautiful woman dancing on the calm surface of the water. This technique was created from the 64 changes of I-Ching, the first step until the last step is a perfect circle, meaning that life itself is a loop without finite where one created two, three two created three, and three created all. It is said that the more one practices this technique, the more powerful one’s Qi eventually becomes.
Xiao Wu XIang Gong (内功/小无相功):
One of the techniques of Xiao Yao Sect martial arts. This skill enables her to manipulate her Qi to allow her to learn martial arts faster and more seamlessly. The user of this technique must understand and meditate upon the concept of shapelessness and unfoundedness. It was said that a master of this technique could easily employ any martial arts simply by observing as the Qi will aid the user in mastering the technique.
Element of Magic: Space
Personality: Affectionate, calm, decisive, forceful, gentle, polite.
Short Bio: Ai was a direct descendent of the royal family of the Da Li Kingdom, which was once renowned as a powerful nation with a martially powerful king in command. However, the rise of the northern power (the Mongolians) caused the kingdom to eventually fall and the royal family willingly gave up their powers to Genghis Khan. Though they became hermits and live among the common people, they never once forgot their heritage and continue to practice martial arts into the modern age.

As one of the direct descendents of the royal family, Ai had been trained in martial arts her whole life. She inherited the spirit of the Xiao Yao sect (to live as you will) and chose to live a life of calm and peace, thus became attracted to the slow and graceful Tai Chi Quan in addition to the basics of practicing the other martial arts of the Xiao Yao sect. The unique attributes of Xiao Wu Xiang Gong allowed her to do so, as Tai Chi Quan is what is known as a ‘Wai Gong’, an external martial arts that trained the body.

Despite being hermits, the Duan family had been considered to be a threat by some martial mages. Though try as they might, the Duans had been elusive and had always been perceptive enough to know when dangers strike. However, it would only be a matter of time before they were pushed into a corner. They decided to split the whole family into smaller units to hide from the hunters and dwelled in metropolises and huge cities. Ai and her parents lived in Nan Jing for a while before they were discovered by martial mages. It was during this time that Ai’s ability as a martial mage awakened and she struck her opponents without even touching them. Even during battle, her instinctive use of her powers turned the tide against her enemies and she managed to fiught them off.

After the ordeal, she accepted an invitation from Ray’s school to learn more about her powers as her parents would be rejoining the main branch of the family. She was hoping that with her newfound abilities, she could help her family in their times of need.

Note: I’m differentiating Qi and Chi here. While Chi allows the user to command the forces of the elements (aka Magic), Qi is the inner power that flows through the veins of the user (as in traditional chi). They are not the same.
Last edited by Nothrend on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
MTG RP: The Academy (Co-OP) IC/OOC
The Beginning of a Paradox (Co-Op) IC/OOC
Way of the Gods IC/OOC
Martial Magic IC/OOC
MTG; Fakey Fakerness of Cards

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:03 am

Nothrend wrote:Name: Ai Duan (Duan is her family name)
Home (country/state & city): Unknown, China
Tai Ji Quan:
A type of martial arts that focuses on the duality of nature: hard and soft, light and darkness, yin and yang. When used in combat, the graceful circular motions that the practitioner perform forces the opponent to lose his pacing and control of a battle as he fell under a myriad of deflection and redirection, counter attacks, grapple and throws. Maya practices ‘soft’ Tai Ji Quan and Tai Ji Shan, a variation of Tai Ji Quan that employs the use of large fans. Despite this, her preferred weapon are silver strings – infused with her Qi.
Xiao Yao Sect Martial Arts:
Ai’s family descended from a group of secluded martial artists that are from the Xiao Yao sect, and as such Ai had been vigorously trained since young. She has learned Ling Bo Wei Bu, a qing gong (or ‘light martial arts’) that helps her in mobility and Xiqo Wu Xiang Gong, a nei gong (or ‘internal martial arts’) that helps her in strengthening her Qi.
Ling Bo Wei Bu (轻功/凌波微步):
One of the techniques of Xiao Yao Sect martial arts. This skill enables her to graciously escape from her opponents and moving quickly from one point to another like a beautiful woman dancing on the calm surface of the water. This technique was created from the 64 changes of I-Ching, the first step until the last step is a perfect circle, meaning that life itself is a loop without finite where one created two, three two created three, and three created all. It is said that the more one practices this technique, the more powerful one’s Qi eventually becomes.
Xiao Wu XIang Gong (内功/小无相功):
One of the techniques of Xiao Yao Sect martial arts. This skill enables her to manipulate her Qi to allow her to learn martial arts faster and more seamlessly. The user of this technique must understand and meditate upon the concept of shapelessness and unfoundedness. It was said that a master of this technique could easily employ any martial arts simply by observing as the Qi will aid the user in mastering the technique.
Element of Magic: Space
Personality: Affectionate, calm, decisive, forceful, gentle, polite.
Short Bio: Ai was a direct descendant of the royal family of the Da Li Kingdom, which was once renowned as a powerful nation with a martially powerful king in command. However, the rise of the northern power (the Mongolians) caused the kingdom to eventually fall and the royal family willingly gave up their powers to Genghis Khan. Though they became hermits and live among the common people, they never once forgot their heritage and continue to practice martial arts into the modern age.

As one of the direct descendants of the royal family, Ai had been trained in martial arts her whole life. She inherited the spirit of the Xiao Yao sect (to live as you will) and chose to live a life of calm and peace, thus became attracted to the slow and graceful Tai Chi Quan in addition to the basics of practicing the other martial arts of the Xiao Yao sect. The unique attributes of Xiao Wu Xiang Gong allowed her to do so, as Tai Chi Quan is what is known as a ‘Wai Gong’, an external martial arts that trained the body.

Despite being hermits, the Duan family had been considered to be a threat by some martial mages. Though try as they might, the Duans had been elusive and had always been perceptive enough to know when dangers strike. However, it would only be a matter of time before they were pushed into a corner. They decided to split the whole family into smaller units to hide from the hunters and dwelled in metropolises and huge cities. Ai and her parents lived in Nan Jing for a while before they were discovered by martial mages. It was during this time that Ai’s ability as a martial mage awakened and she struck her opponents without even touching them. Even during battle, her instinctive use of her powers turned the tide against her enemies and she managed to fought them off.

After the ordeal, she accepted an invitation from Ray’s school to learn more about her powers as her parents would be rejoining the main branch of the family. She was hoping that with her new-found abilities, she could help her family in their times of need.

Note: I’m differentiating Qi and Chi here. While Chi allows the user to command the forces of the elements (aka Magic), Qi is the inner power that flows through the veins of the user (as in traditional chi). They are not the same.

Alright. Accepted. You seem to like this idea...

So Qi would be physical energy, and Chi magical? I like it, acknowledging the difference.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am

Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:05 am

This looks interesting, but could someone elaborate on "Magic?"
could explosions be my element?
FLOATRIGHT CREW

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:15 am

Sasquatch filling wrote:This looks interesting, but could someone elaborate on "Magic?"

I guess... "magic" could be explained as stuff that mages can do? Any fantastical ability can be your "magic," like elemental control, or a superpower, etc.

So yes, you can have explosive fists. If you want. And make sure they are directed, or else it will hurt a LOT.

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 am

Sasquatch filling wrote:This looks interesting, but could someone elaborate on "Magic?"

I guess... "magic" could be explained as stuff that mages can do? Any fantastical ability can be your "magic," like elemental control, or a superpower, etc.

So yes, you can have explosive fists. If you want. And make sure they are directed, or else it will hurt a LOT.[/quoteIf you've ever seen the pokemon animated series, one of his moves will resemble force palm
FLOATRIGHT CREW

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:22 am

Sasquatch filling wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I guess... "magic" could be explained as stuff that mages can do? Any fantastical ability can be your "magic," like elemental control, or a superpower, etc.

So yes, you can have explosive fists. If you want. And make sure they are directed, or else it will hurt a LOT.

If you've ever seen the pokemon animated series, one of his moves will resemble force palm

I LOVE FORCE PALM! Lucario was my guy in Diamond. I traded my friend my starter for Riolu, and he became the Pikachu to my Ash. Except I don't settle for unevolved.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sasquatch filling
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sasquatch filling » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:28 am

The Templar High Council wrote:I LOVE FORCE PALM! Lucario was my guy in Diamond. I traded my friend my starter for Riolu, and he became the Pikachu to my Ash. Except I don't settle for unevolved.

It's also a little inspired by the brown rahkshi, but no one remembers the rahkshi
I'll get the app in soon.
FLOATRIGHT CREW

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse