NATION

PASSWORD

C-10 Minotaur Strategic Logistics Aircraft

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

C-10 Minotaur Strategic Logistics Aircraft

Postby Lyras » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:46 pm

C-10 Minotaur - Free Republic of Lamoni

Images courtesy of: http://www.aerospaceweb.org

---

STATS:

Crew: 6
Payload: 255,000 kg
Door Dimensions: 440x640 cm
Length: 90 m
Wingspan: 88.40 m
Height: 18.1 m
Wing area: 905 m²
Empty Weight: 180,000 kg
MTOW: 605,000kg
Powerplant: 6x ZMKB Skylark A-18 High Bypass Turbofans, 235 kN each
Takeoff run: 3,500 m
Maximum Speed: 850 kph
Cruise Speed: 800 kph

Range:

Max Fuel: 17,000 km
Max Payload: 7,000 km

Service Ceiling: 11,000 m
Thrust/Weight: .234
Countermeasures: Flare/Chaff Pods; LA-22 Radar Warning Receiver
Radar: AN/APG-63(V)3

---

Background, conceptualisation and design

The Minotaur is a slight lengthening of the legendary Antonov AN-225 Strategic Transport aircraft. The lengthening was required in order to fit NS-grade Main Battle Tanks aboard the aircraft; and the Minotaur can also carry an entire Space Shuttle on it's back, while carrying the booster rockets inside the aircraft.

In order to save weight and allow for a larger payload, the Minotaur has no rear ramp, unloading is by means of the raising of the nose for payload release. Cargo load could include just shy of four main battle tanks (by mass).

However, the mission of the C-10 is not entirely military; a single aircraft can deliver significant quantities of commercial produce or disaster relief supplies, and the C-10 is also capable of conventional heavy lifting tasks. For instance, the completed fuselage of a 737 jet can fit inside the cavernous interior of the Minotaur.

The aircraft is powered by six ZMKB Skylark A-18 High Bypass Turbofans, producing a combined thrust of 1,410 kN. However, the sheer mass of the Minotaur means that it will never be a particularly agile aircraft, and Lamonian doctrine holds that the Minotaur should not see front-line use; instead flying where air superiority (or at the very least air parity) is assured, even with defensive flare and chaff pods on board. The Minotaur also carries the AN/APG-63(V)3 Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar; mainly configured for collision avoidance and navigation, and not for the destruction of enemy aircraft.

Landing Gear

Image courtesy of: http://www.wikipedia.org

As the image shows, the Minotaur has two banks of seven double wheeled landing gear down the sides of the aircraft, and two double wheeled landing gears in the front. This allows for the aircraft and payloads combined weight to be distributed evenly amongst the various tires, so that the chance of the landing gear breaking off or otherwise suffering catastrophic failure at a critical moment is vastly reduced.

Export
C-10s are available at NS$300m per aircraft. Orders can be made through Lyran Arms, which is operating as an authorised distributor of the C-10, on behalf of LAIX, under charter from the Lamonian Government. While not a Lyran aircraft, Lyran analysis has concluded that this particular strategic cargo transport is the optimum solution for a wide spectrum of logistics taskings, and endorses it accordingly.
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Remenant America
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: C-10 Minotaur Strategic Logistics Aircraft

Postby Remenant America » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:33 am

Although the ASRA Defence INC C-131 is a valuable transport it is not as large or reliable as the C-10

ASRAAF would like to order 20 is that doable? However no counter measures we will install our own.

OOC: Im to lazy to read through the whole thing... Does the C-10 have double doors one in front one in back?

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:19 am

In order to save weight and allow for a larger payload, the Minotaur has no rear ramp, unloading is by means of the raising of the nose for payload release. Cargo load could include just shy of four main battle tanks (by mass).
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:16 am

The Free Lands of Bendira would like to know what the max altitude of the C-10 Minotaur is.
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Notspecifiedistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Notspecifiedistan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Notspecifiedistan would be interested to know if a modified version made to carry troops, both as a transport and as an airborne assault lift unit, would be possible? If not, no harm done. We are merely curious.
Last edited by Notspecifiedistan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:53 pm

The Free Lands of Bendira would like to know what the max altitude of the C-10 Minotaur is.

Service Ceiling: 11,000 m

Notspecifiedistan would be interested to know if a modified version made to carry troops, both as a transport and as an airborne assault lift unit, would be possible? If not, no harm done. We are merely curious.

((I use the C-10 as my only Strategic Lifter, and i will tell you Lamoni and i came to a consensus a wile back that a C-10 can carry 600-650 combat troops with seats fitted down the middle of the aircraft. So yes, it is quite capable of transporting troops. Just like every other Strategic Lifter in the World.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Raludcia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Raludcia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Raludcia will purchase 15 of these aircraft for a total of $4,500,000,000 (4.5 Billion)

We would like to split the purchase over a period of two years to ease the burden of payment.

Regards,

King Adolphus I of Raludcia
Economic: Left/Right, -3.12 Points

Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian, 2.31 Points

Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Tarsas will also take 15 of these aircraft for a total of $4,500,000,000.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm

The Free Lands of Bendira wish to purchase 20 C-10 aircraft, coming to 6 billion USD.
Last edited by Bendira on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Notspecifiedistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notspecifiedistan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm

United States of PA wrote:((I use the C-10 as my only Strategic Lifter, and i will tell you Lamoni and i came to a consensus a wile back that a C-10 can carry 600-650 combat troops with seats fitted down the middle of the aircraft. So yes, it is quite capable of transporting troops. Just like every other Strategic Lifter in the World.

I'd been more asking about the possibility of modifying one to lift and insert a boatload of paratroopers, but that is useful information. Thanks.

Notspecifiedistan would be interested in buying eight of these aircraft.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:55 pm

Lyran Arms-Lamoni

Notspecifiedistan

Your order for:

8x C-10 Minotaur

has been PUT ON HOLD for the total cost of 2,400,000,000 standard dollars. A check of your defense budget shows a balance of Zero standard dollars in it. Lyran Arms thanks you for your understanding.

Bendira

In response to your inquiry, the answer would be 600-650 parachute infantry. This would provide an excellent paratroop delivery capability, and was a strong consideration in the design of the C-10.

Tarsas

Your order for:

15x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 4,500,000,000 standard dollars. Your order will be filled within three years. Lyran Arms thanks your for you valued custom.

Raludcia

Your order for:

15x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 4,500,000,000 standard dollars. Your order will be filled within three years, and your payment plan is approved. Lyran Arms thanks you for your understanding.
National Anthem

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Bendira
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:23 pm

The Free Lands of Bendira wish to purchase 20 C-10 aircraft, coming to 6 billion USD.

We noticed that you audit military budgets, and you may misinterpret our military budget as 0 because of the nature of my countries political system. My Anarcho-Capitalist nation does have a small centralized military that is supported by a 1% voluntary flat-tax, aswell as private donations. Almost the whole of this budget is going towards these C-10's because of our intent to not become involved directly in conflicts, but rather air-drop in our extremely cheap manufactored weaponry for private citizens of oppressed nations.

-The Free Lands of Bendira

ooc- I am extremely realistic with my RPing, and I can assure you that even though I currently do not have a fact-book made, I am basing my purchasing calculations realistically and in the spirit of true Anarcho-Capitalist theory.
Last edited by Bendira on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass:

Your political compass

Notspecifiedistan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Notspecifiedistan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 pm

OOC:

I don't normally RP slavishly to calculators, but instead RP something more realistic. Thanks anyway. Have a good one.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:10 pm

Bendira

OOC: In that case, your order is approved. Enjoy your C-10s.
National Anthem

Gracealona
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gracealona » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 pm

The Gracealona Armed Forces would like to order 10 of these aircraft.
The United States of Gracealona
"Stand Together and Prosper"
President: Andy Carlton
Vice President: Thomas Dowdson

Proud Member & Founder of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Gracealona

Your order for:

10x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 3,000,000,000 standard dollars. Your order will be fully completed within three years, with the aircraft being flown to you as they are completed. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.
National Anthem

Westerprussen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerprussen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

The Air force of the Republic of Westerprussen would like to purchase 5 of these aircraft.
All Information Regarding the Prussian military ORBAT is only viewable by allied nations, and is highly classified for security purposes.
Colonies:
Preußische Afrika
Qingdao
Preußische Paupa und Pazifik-Inseln
Itailian-Prussian War --- DEFEAT
Khorata Conflict --- VICTORY
Invasion of Phonencia --- CEASE FIRE
Invasion of Westerprussen --- ONGOING

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:18 pm

Westerprussen

Your order for:

5x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 1,500,000,000 standard dollars. Your order will require three years to complete, and your aircraft will be flown to you as they are completed. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.
National Anthem

Gracealona
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Gracealona » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Lamoni wrote:From: Lyran Arms-Lamoni

Gracealona

Your order for:

10x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 3,000,000,000 standard dollars. Your order will be fully completed within three years, with the aircraft being flown to you as they are completed. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.

Thank you, we would like to pay for each aircraft as it is completed and delivered if that is all right with you.
Last edited by Gracealona on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United States of Gracealona
"Stand Together and Prosper"
President: Andy Carlton
Vice President: Thomas Dowdson

Proud Member & Founder of the Judicial Republic of Tiberiam

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Gracealona

That presents no problems to us. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued custom.
National Anthem

Calizorinstan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Calizorinstan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:51 am

Official Government Communique

Ministry of Defense of Calizorinstan

We would like to purchase 10 C-10 Minotaurs for 3 billion dollars. We have been searching for such an aircraft for sometime, as we have found the need for a C-10 sized airlifter.

We will wire the money in advance,

signed,

General Sakarov
MOD
Calizorinstan Air Force

United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:21 am

TO:Calizorinstan

We have received your order for 10 C-10 "Minotaur" Strategic Air-lifters at a grand total cost of $3 Billion Universal Standard Dollars. The Lyran Arms will begin assembly of the aircraft immediately and are estimated to be completed, finished and delivered within 1 year. If you have any additional Queries or requests, Lyran Arms welcomes any and all Questions.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Westerprussen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Westerprussen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

The Prussian air force would like to purchase another 5 C10 aircraft.
All Information Regarding the Prussian military ORBAT is only viewable by allied nations, and is highly classified for security purposes.
Colonies:
Preußische Afrika
Qingdao
Preußische Paupa und Pazifik-Inseln
Itailian-Prussian War --- DEFEAT
Khorata Conflict --- VICTORY
Invasion of Phonencia --- CEASE FIRE
Invasion of Westerprussen --- ONGOING

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 pm

Westerprussen

Your order for:

5x C-10 Minotaur

has been approved for the total cost of 1,500,000,000 standard dollars. This order shall be filled in the same amount of time as your last C-10 order, and the aircraft will be flown to you as they are completed. Lyran Arms thanks you for your valued order.
National Anthem

Ta ka au
Attaché

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ta ka au » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Our nation would like to purchase 15 C-10 aircraft, coming to $4.5 billion USD is their any ay to add an inflight re fueling capabilities

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade