NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend 1 Infinite Loop

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend 1 Infinite Loop

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 pm

I am not too sure on the legality of "forums", especially in the context of this proposal, so if someone could clarify that for me, I would be appreciative.

ImageCommend 1 Infinite Loop

Category: Commendation | Nominee: 1 Infinite Loop | Proposed By: Ramaeus

The Security Council,

Noting that 1 Infinite Loop was delegate of The East Pacific (TEP) for three years, and founder of The Confederated East Pacific,

Understanding that 1 Infinite Loop has an exceptionally long, prominent history as delegate of TEP, ensuring stability, security and activity within TEP whilst the other Pacific regions were often embroiled in wars, in-fighting, and political upheaval and unrest,

Recognizing some of the accomplishments of 1 Infinite Loop in their capacity as delegate of TEP, notably: successfully defending TEP against two large invader armies, boosting the activity and interest in self-government of the nations of TEP, creating the first, and to this day only, regional forums of TEP, creating the first government of TEP, and the creation of an eccentric and welcoming culture and tradition,

Believing that the accomplishments stated above serve as sufficient examples of the aforementioned values of leadership that 1 Infinite Loop strove for during their time as delegate,

Further Recognizing that 1 Infinite Loop has a myriad of achievements outside of their role as delegate which have helped to free, secure and stabilize the region,

Observing that 1 Infinite Loop worked tirelessly to free TEP from “the Empire” – a group of nations that invaded, oppressed and occupied TEP for over four months,

Further Noting that 1 Infinite Loop, during “the Empire's” occupation of TEP, revealed that Lord Rahl, a high ranking member of the Empire, was spying on TEP through a puppet nation of theirs named Biyah,

Aware that revealing the status of Biyah as a puppet of Lord Rahl allowed the region's rightful stewards to be free from unwanted interference and spying, which allowed for the eventual liberation of TEP under A Slanted Black Stripe,

Applauding 1 Infinite Loop's role in the creation of The Concordat (the document which guides TEP to this day), which granted new, widespread freedom to all nations of TEP,

Further Applauding 1 Infinite Loop's role as a co-founder of the new, democratic government of TEP (which is still in existence to this day), and aware that this government has seen unprecedented activity and interest from the natives of TEP,

Concluding that 1 Infinite Loop performed admirably as delegate of TEP, protecting TEP in its infancy, creating a regional government and forum, a sense of identity and culture, and an interest in self-governance, all of which have made TEP the region it is today,

Further Believing that any nation which shapes the identity of a region as large as TEP is deserving of the highest recognition and acclaim,

Hereby Commends 1 Infinite Loop.
Last edited by Crazy girl on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
Just some weeb.

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

tl;dr

but still yes.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:22 pm

YES!
One Loop to rule them all

Hail Loop, Supreme Eternal Delegate of The East Pacific and the Founder of Loopism!

But seriously, Loop is one helluva guy and this is long over due. This has my support.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

British Grand Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby British Grand Pacific » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 pm

LoopCoup2014
XorietToday at 11:54 AM
I’m not good at quotable quotes on demand

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Forums should be fine in this wording.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 am

May just be me but this seems very much like a single region Commend. Why does the international community care that he contributed to TEP? What has he done that we care about?
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:03 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Forums should be fine in this wording.

Cool, thank you.

Venico wrote:May just be me but this seems very much like a single region Commend. Why does the international community care that he contributed to TEP? What has he done that we care about?

Yeah, it is. SC#110 and SC#118 are both resolutions that commended nations for their actions within a region. There are also a plethora of other commendations which commended nations for a tremendous amount of work in one or two categories. For example, SkyDip, Aba, and Mousebumples.
Just some weeb.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:31 am

Looks very well-constructed to me.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 am

SkyDip wrote:Looks very well-constructed to me.

Why, thank you SkyDip.
Just some weeb.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 am

Those three examples you mentioned had work in the WA. Which lends itself to diversity. My questions aren't meant to be sinister, I just want the resolution to tell me why the international community cares.

To me this reads "He was great in TEP. He made democracy in TEP. He really helped TEP. He was uhhhh...good in TEP. Commend!" I want more from that. What did he do interregionally? For a council that constantly asks in liberation and condemnation proposals "Seems like a regional matter." I want this resolution to tell me WHY this isn't just a regional matter. Mention work he did outside of TEP, diversify it a bit ya know?
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 am

The international community cares because of his exemplary work in TEP, which is part of the international community. Why you feel that region whores or WA authors back-patting each other should be the only ones commended is perplexing.

That said, IDK much about 1 Infinite Loop and will wait for more commentary before deciding on my vote. The resolution looks great.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 am

Sounds a bit weird to my ears to write that Biyah is a puppet of Lord Rahl. I'd think it was the other way around, with Biyah being the main nation.
Last edited by Ananke II on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 am

Eist, respectfully, don't put words in my mouth. When I see a commend, or condemn, I want to see diversity. I don't like seeing a person get commended just for WA authorship or just defending. I don't like seeing a person condemned just for raiding or for just a single coup.

I just want to see something in this resolution that isn't just about TEP. Malice is also a part of the interregional community and Cormac has done wonders for it. Let me start writing a commend...

Just to clarify I'm not saying 1IL doesn't deserve a commend, I'm just saying I want the resume to look good and have diversity outside of a single region.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:29 am

Eist, it isn't unreasonable to expect a significant international contribution before being commended in the Security Council. To bring up an example more reputable than myself: Shall we commend Lethen for his contribution to Europeia? Do you even know who Lethen is?

For me, this is a no-brainer. Anyone whose contributions are exclusively to a UCR wouldn't be commended, and 1 Infinite Loop shouldn't be either. Feeders and Sinkers are not special, in the grand scheme of things; they just have artificially higher populations that should make them real powerhouses, but they don't because GCRs utterly fail to integrate their populations into their forum communities.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:33 am

I'm not saying he shouldn't be commended. I just want to see interregional work on here first, that's all.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

Cormacville wrote:For me, this is a no-brainer. Anyone whose contributions are exclusively to a UCR wouldn't be commended, and 1 Infinite Loop shouldn't be either.

Haven't really made up my mind on whether I'd support a commendation of Loop, but in the early years he was a pretty big part of gameplay. He was one of the Farkers, a senator at the Meritocracy (don't know how involved he was there though) and his early support of the NPO definitely had consequences for interregional gameplay politics. He also ran a very successful flag thread.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:16 am

I have heard of Lethen; I don't know if they should be commended or not, and the same goes for 1 Infinite Loop. I just think that it's a ridiculous expectation that someone has to have done either work in multiple regions or been involved in GP/WA to be commendable.

If you think I was putting words in your mouth, Venico, then please elaborate on what you meant by "He was great in TEP. He made democracy in TEP. He really helped TEP. He was uhhhh...good in TEP. Commend!" if not that they should have achievements either in other regions, (in GP), or in the WA. What am I leaving out that you are suggesting?
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:26 am

Defending is a commendable act that doesn't involve leaving your region. So is WA authorship but apparently you have something against that. Diplomatic work between regions also doesn't involve being a "region whore". There is plenty to do that actually effects other regions besides your home one.
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:33 am

I disagree with the notion that significant contributions to a feeder by itself is not worthy of commendation. I know of Loop but I'd like to learn more before deciding whether or not his contributions were enough. As was pointed out there may be some other things to bring in outside of TEP as well.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:44 am

well he has maintained the founder in Farkistan on and off for quite a lot time....supposed birth place of invading so I believe that did have an impact on the NS community.
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Venico wrote:Defending is a commendable act that doesn't involve leaving your region. So is WA authorship but apparently you have something against that. Diplomatic work between regions also doesn't involve being a "region whore". There is plenty to do that actually effects other regions besides your home one.

:lol: Who's putting words in whose mouth now?

I'm co-authoring Commend Anime Daisuki for goodness' sake. I'm clearly both pro-commending people for defending, WA authorship, and being involved in multiple regions. Just because I think it's valid to commend someone because they are primarily committed to intra-regional happenings, DOES NOT mean that I am against commending people for inter-regional or global work. This is, I'm sure, patently obvious to anyone that has a 5-year old's grasp of logic.

Grow up.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Venico wrote:Those three examples you mentioned had work in the WA. Which lends itself to diversity. My questions aren't meant to be sinister, I just want the resolution to tell me why the international community cares.

You missed the other two examples: Commend Krulltopia, and Commend A Slanted Black Stripe. Both nominees were commended for their intra-regional work.
Ananke II wrote:Haven't really made up my mind on whether I'd support a commendation of Loop, but in the early years he was a pretty big part of gameplay. He was one of the Farkers, a senator at the Meritocracy (don't know how involved he was there though) and his early support of the NPO definitely had consequences for interregional gameplay politics. He also ran a very successful flag thread.

I was not aware of Loop's involvement in the Meritocracy. Thank you for the information, I'll be sure to investigate it thoroughly.
Cormacville wrote:To bring up an example more reputable than myself: Shall we commend Lethen for his contribution to Europeia? Do you even know who Lethen is?

For me, this is a no-brainer. Anyone whose contributions are exclusively to a UCR wouldn't be commended, and 1 Infinite Loop shouldn't be either. Feeders and Sinkers are not special, in the grand scheme of things; they just have artificially higher populations that should make them real powerhouses, but they don't because GCRs utterly fail to integrate their populations into their forum communities.

That depends on how long Lethen has been involved in Europeia, and how much they have contributed to the region. If they have influenced nearly every aspect of Europeia like Loop did in TEP, then why not?
Last edited by Ramaeus on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just some weeb.

Venico
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 pm

So how much did one loop raid?
Priest of Raider Unity

Malice Never Dies...

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Venico wrote:So how much did one loop raid?

Haha, quite a lot. I don't have the exact numbers, but I have it on very good authority that he was at least involved in every Farker invasion till the invasion of The Heartland.
Just some weeb.

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Don't forget he successfully defended TEP against an invasion by the evil RRA!
Last edited by PrussianEmpire on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives