NATION

PASSWORD

Multiversal Student Exchange Private RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Multiversal Student Exchange Private RP

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Knowledge Through Understanding

Who We Are

The Multiversal Student Exhange Program is a non-profit organization based in over 5,000 nations in 12 separate. Our motto is Knowledge Through Understanding and that resonates in everything we do. From our pre-immersion culture classes to our fully-funded Schools of Culture and Knowledge we understand the importance of understanding other nations, be it next door or in the next universe.

What We Offer

MSE Full Package - Be fully immersed in a new culture completely different from your own! Learn the ways, the language, and the dress and become a true MSEr through understanding of those around you! You will be fully immersed over the course of a standard school year and learn in their country rather than your own.

MSE Quick Stop - Only got a few weeks on your hands? During the summer months (or the equivalent) come stay with a family in another country! Learn the culture in only a few weeks, and be back in time for the school year to start back up.

Our Vision

MSE is committed to a better future through the understanding of the other cultures around us.

Our Mission

MSE promotes cultural and intellectual learning across many worlds through our Schools of Culture and Knowledge and our student exchange programs. MSE helps to increase cultural tolerance through understanding and knowledge, as shown in our motto: "Knowledge Through Understanding".

Our Values

To support our mission MSE supports:

• The enhancement of the quality of learning for all students
  • Tolerance of all races, religions, genders, and sexual orientations
  • Cultural literacy through experience
  • High standards of conduct for all enrolled in the MSE program
  • Mobility for academic, social, and governmental classes

Basic idea by: The High Tatras
Student Exhange main thread: ...
Last edited by The Norgan Alliance on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:31 pm

A brown haired, tan skinned teen stepped off of the MSE 474 planar transport and onto the shuttle runway; the autumn air was chilly to him, as he has spent most of his life in heated underground suites, and he zipped up his orange and yellow windbreaker in an effort to stay warm.

His name was Eiriksander Rastamuthe; he looked around, past the shuttle landing area was grass and dirt (which was a treat to see) and a fence, beyond the fencing laid the moderately sized city of Seltsamebochi, his home for the next few weeks. Seltsamebochi was not unlike the cities of his homeland, though the buildings seem much more modern and had a greater emphasis put on aesthetics while Norgan buildings were usually built to survive plasma blasts.

As Erik took in the sights a gust of wind hit him, penetrating his flimsy windbreaker, Erik quickly rushed inside to find his exchange family, which he was told would be waiting for him in the main terminal.
Last edited by The Norgan Alliance on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003

Murica

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:31 pm

The Jokinen Household, Seltsamebochi, Tödlichebujoku

"Hey, it's almost time to pick up Eirik!" Haru grabbed her light fall coat and fumbled for her wallet in a drawer. She was imposing by Tödlichebujoki standards, but rather average by most other ones. Her locks of black hair flowed down past her shoulders to her back, in contrast to her wife Anja, whose hair was shorn just past neck level, and who was currently hurrying down the stairs.

"Already? Oh, these days are shortening so fast, I can't keep track of time anymore!" Anja found her own jacket and put it on as Haru slipped her wallet into a pocket and checked her hair in the mirror.

"You say that every fall, and then the days get longer again."

"But they are!" As Haru rolled her eyes and smiled, Anja smacked her bottom and turned to leave, only needing a quick glance at the mirror to satisfy herself. "Anyway, we have to go." She paused, noticing the absence of a particular someone, and turned back toward the stairs. "KAUKO! GET DOWN HERE! WE HAVE TO GO!" she shouted up the passageway.

"Okay, mom, I'm coming!" Kauko found some acceptable clothes and threw them on. "Is Ma out yet?" he asked, as he came down the stairs before noticing her presence. "Oh."

Haru looked at him and smiled, having satisfied herself in front of the mirror. "Yes, I am still here, but now we're going," she replied as she turned to leave, Anja shutting the door on the way out.

The family took the ley-line caravan, floating by the greater part of the city before stepping off at a stop in a more industrial-looking part of town. They headed into the very traditionally designed steep-roofed terminal, a touch odd considering the very modern use it had. At the reception area, Kauko was the first to see Eirik.

"Hey! Eirik!" Kauko ran over to him. "How was the jouney? Most people here've never gotten to get around like that, it's all pretty new. Do you need help with your bags?"
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:22 pm

Eirik quietly sat on the ground with his back to the wall in the starport terminal waiting for his exchange family, it had been only 10 minutes thus far, but Eirik, like most Norgans, hated waiting. Waiting was wasting time, time that could be used bettering himself or his family or even Norga itself. But he was in a new land now, these people weren't Norgan so it was hardly fair to hold them to his standards.

Suddenly he heard a voice from across the room:

"Hey! Eirik!"

And suddenly a black haired figure was upon him. Eirik stood up and readied himself, as he didn't recognize the person in front of him, but soon he realized that the figure in front of him was Kauko, the son of his exchange parents. As Kauko was older than him Eirik made the standard sign of respect towards elders, making a fist and bumping it twice over his heart.

Kauko continued "How was the jouney? Most people here've never gotten to get around like that, it's all pretty new. Do you need help with your bags?"

"It's Kauko right? The journey was fine, and I haven't seen much of your country yet so I can't tell how it is yet. But I'm good on my ba-" Eirik immediately fell silent at the sight of his exchange parents. He quickly repeated his respect sign towards them before continuing on with Kauko. "I can carry my bags, they aren't very heavy." Eirik said as he gestured towards his suitcase and day pack. "I didn't pack much so I think I'll be fine. How has your day been Kauko? And what are we doing later tonight?" Eirik said.
|No Left Turn|

Murica

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:24 pm

"Great, we're going to eat out tonight, I'm not sure exactly what though. Right now we're going to get back home so you can unpack and get settled in your room, and maybe we'll have a snack. We might go out out for a concert, one of the pre-Elojuhla* ones that are free," Kauko informed him.
Right about then, Haru and Anja caught up.

"Hi Eirik, we're so sorry for being late! Are you hungry? Here are some pastries Anja and I've baked for you," Haru announced. Anja produced a small warm package from the depths of her handbasket and handed it over to Haru, who then presented it to Eirik. "We weren't sure what your favorite fruit was, so we used different kinds of fruits and berries." Just pausing briefly enough to let him react, she continued. "Anyway, we're going to go back home, let you unpack and get familiar with your room and the house, and then we'll go out. Sound good?"

*Harvest Festival, and assume all conversation within the Jokinen household is in Finnish, along with all formal documents, signs, and about half of public conversation.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

The Norgan Alliance
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Todlichebujoku wrote:"Great, we're going to eat out tonight, I'm not sure exactly what though. Right now we're going to get back home so you can unpack and get settled in your room, and maybe we'll have a snack. We might go out out for a concert, one of the pre-Elojuhla* ones that are free," Kauko informed him.
Right about then, Haru and Anja caught up.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to sit in a real chair after my ship ride over." said Eirik "But you said there was a Elokuka concert tonight? Is that a type of music or something? Back home we have El Doreca, but I doubt you know what that is."
"Hi Eirik, we're so sorry for being late! Are you hungry? Here are some pastries Anja and I've baked for you," Haru announced. Anja produced a small warm package from the depths of her handbasket and handed it over to Haru, who then presented it to Eirik. "We weren't sure what your favorite fruit was, so we used different kinds of fruits and berries." Just pausing briefly enough to let him react, she continued. "Anyway, we're going to go back home, let you unpack and get familiar with your room and the house, and then we'll go out. Sound good?"

*Harvest Festival, and assume all conversation within the Jokinen household is in Finnish, along with all formal documents, signs, and about half of public conversation.

Eirik was a little shocked that Mrs. Jokinen would be so informal to him when they had just met, normally it would take months before adults would speak to children other than their own without a tone of authority, and it would take even longer before the children would be allowed to initiate a conversation while not in private. For an adult to just walk up to Eirik and start talking like they were best buddies was borderline culture shock for him.

"Respekto Mrs. And Mrs. Jokinen, have you had a nice day?" Eirik went pale, he would get yelled at endlessly for this at home, breaking social protocol like this! How did he have the nerve? "I see you brought some food for me, that was very thoughtful of you." Eirik continued in a stilted voice, and as Mrs. Haru gave him a piece of bread Eirik turned to a corpse. He took the bread and nibbled politely. "It's good." He said, and took another nibble. He then turned back to Kauko "Where did you say we were going again? Home and then where?"
|No Left Turn|

Murica

Return to Portal to the Multiverse