NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:"Should I try to look for the coffee pot? It's suppose to be around here, right? I mean, this is a kitchen, what can be so wrong? Oh, do you have a medicine for schizoprenic?"

There was indeed coffee, not far to Altito's right. A fresh cup, in fact.

"No. I carry a lot of medicines normally, but only when traveling and none of them for schizophrenia." Tilt shrugged. "None of us knew we'd be traveling, so to speak."

He returned to where he and Min had been working on the
Mincaldenteans wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:And so it was. The natural paradise popped into existence in the middle of Downtown; though the park stood out all the more clearly as it was the lone place in existence amidst a field of blank nothingness. A single patch of green that magnified into other colors - and shades of colors - as one got closer.

Elsewhere, Tilt was also hard at work with a pen and paper of his own.

A long, narrow arch-covered T-junction led out to the open-air fish market. The smell of Malaysian food filled the air, and a few restaurant workers could be seen in their respective establishment places, climbing over and around the tanks with nets to scoop out fish or shellfish at the customers' desire. There were also other, more Western establishments on the other side of the passageway, such as Steve's Fish and Chips, as well as an authentic homemade gelato place run by an immigrant who'd married a local, tucked away further down the block.

Min walked over to Tilt and sat by the guy, "I think I've scrambled my brain a bit rushing for Haven. I saw the airport, that's something! I'm hesitant to see if Haven came to be, kind of like not wanting to be disappointed at the edge of nonexistence, y'know?," he said with a smirk and shook his head to deter his fears and worries from taking over. "What'cha writing on? Need any help?"

Tilt responded by silently, showing Min the paragraph that he had worked on. Tilting his own head, he read quickly and perked an eyebrow, remembering the Malaysian food he had picked up when they were there. Mind if I...?" Min trailed off to which Tilt simply nodded and Min took the paper to add a few more details, all of it could be sorted out later, but Min would try to transition it as best he could:

A hobbled dock of varied retails, cultures and ethnicity; the Fish Market was a confluence of all that and more. Portions of the Fish Market reminded Min of the Fishmerman's Wharf in San Francisco, stretching and mingling with influences of Hong Kong and Singapore wet markets and food courts. There was also an equal mix of smells; the sea, the fresh catches of the day, and the many foods that permeated in the air, fat with the promise of a culinary delight to their eager patrons. The food courts themselves were an odd mix, and while most served seafood in keeping to their location, there were quite a few that offered something else, like the hanging pieces of roasted pork, duck and chicken. Or the outlet that served only fresh breads and coffee. There was even a few souvenir shops that dotted the area and a small, and a quaint museum that documented the Fish Market's proud history, the museum could be reached by ferry; a nominal fee covered the quick hop and entry fee to the museum. The Fish Market wasn't busy at this time of hour, but given an celebration, the area could be packed tighter than a can of sardines.

with fresh mugs for the two of them.

"Hey, this looks great!" he commented. "I like the part about the ferry, too. Hey...that gives me an idea. Do you mind?"

He set himself to scribbling once more.

The ferry was run on sleek, modern ships. With a broad, flat, yet sharp design, they were clearly built for observation as well as transportation. And so it proved; for all that the workers in the Industrial District were bone-tired at the end of each day, they enjoyed seeing the coral reef on their way out. The ships passed in several routes. One to the Industrial District; one to the yacht club's island, and one designated specifically to give a tour of the bay.

Despite their age and smooth, youthful grace, there were certain old-style elements to them. One of those was the penguin figurehead mounted at the bow of each vessel, like one would expect to see on a ship from the Age of Sail.

A little before the second deck sloped down and tapered to a point at the front, there was a large yellow duck painted on each side, echoing the large inflatable duck in Bielefeld harbor. The ferry company had taken it as their own logo, and flew its flag proudly.

Tilt paused and it was at this moment that the Observatory group came in.

"Course we did!" He grinned widely. "How was the flight? Did you see anything exciting?"
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:59 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:"Should I try to look for the coffee pot? It's suppose to be around here, right? I mean, this is a kitchen, what can be so wrong? Oh, do you have a medicine for schizoprenic?"

There was indeed coffee, not far to Altito's right. A fresh cup, in fact.

"No. I carry a lot of medicines normally, but only when traveling and none of them for schizophrenia." Tilt shrugged. "None of us knew we'd be traveling, so to speak."

He returned to where he and Min had been working on the
Mincaldenteans wrote:
Min walked over to Tilt and sat by the guy, "I think I've scrambled my brain a bit rushing for Haven. I saw the airport, that's something! I'm hesitant to see if Haven came to be, kind of like not wanting to be disappointed at the edge of nonexistence, y'know?," he said with a smirk and shook his head to deter his fears and worries from taking over. "What'cha writing on? Need any help?"

Tilt responded by silently, showing Min the paragraph that he had worked on. Tilting his own head, he read quickly and perked an eyebrow, remembering the Malaysian food he had picked up when they were there. Mind if I...?" Min trailed off to which Tilt simply nodded and Min took the paper to add a few more details, all of it could be sorted out later, but Min would try to transition it as best he could:

A hobbled dock of varied retails, cultures and ethnicity; the Fish Market was a confluence of all that and more. Portions of the Fish Market reminded Min of the Fishmerman's Wharf in San Francisco, stretching and mingling with influences of Hong Kong and Singapore wet markets and food courts. There was also an equal mix of smells; the sea, the fresh catches of the day, and the many foods that permeated in the air, fat with the promise of a culinary delight to their eager patrons. The food courts themselves were an odd mix, and while most served seafood in keeping to their location, there were quite a few that offered something else, like the hanging pieces of roasted pork, duck and chicken. Or the outlet that served only fresh breads and coffee. There was even a few souvenir shops that dotted the area and a small, and a quaint museum that documented the Fish Market's proud history, the museum could be reached by ferry; a nominal fee covered the quick hop and entry fee to the museum. The Fish Market wasn't busy at this time of hour, but given an celebration, the area could be packed tighter than a can of sardines.

with fresh mugs for the two of them.

"Hey, this looks great!" he commented. "I like the part about the ferry, too. Hey...that gives me an idea. Do you mind?"

He set himself to scribbling once more.

The ferry was run on sleek, modern ships. With a broad, flat, yet sharp design, they were clearly built for observation as well as transportation. And so it proved; for all that the workers in the Industrial District were bone-tired at the end of each day, they enjoyed seeing the coral reef on their way out. The ships passed in several routes. One to the Industrial District; one to the yacht club's island, and one designated specifically to give a tour of the bay.

Despite their age and smooth, youthful grace, there were certain old-style elements to them. One of those was the penguin figurehead mounted at the bow of each vessel, like one would expect to see on a ship from the Age of Sail.

A little before the second deck sloped down and tapered to a point at the front, there was a large yellow duck painted on each side, echoing the large inflatable duck in Bielefeld harbor. The ferry company had taken it as their own logo, and flew its flag proudly.

Tilt paused and it was at this moment that the Observatory group came in.

"Course we did!" He grinned widely. "How was the flight? Did you see anything exciting?"

Min smiled at the new arrivals, grabbing another piece of a paper and setting his pen down. He was relieved to see them, but didn't say anything but giving a small nod to their safe return. Still feeling obligated to keep writing and creating while there was still time, (and indeed it seemed like there was what with the new schools, the docks, and museums appearing), Min started up again with his fresh piece of paper. He stopped just as he was going to write down the first words. How did one describe art in words anyway? He preferred if he had a pencil set and an elastic rubber so he could draw it, but... well...

No sense fretting about what ya don't have, hop to it! Min thought and began writing:

There is no definitive way to describe art: It complements, it challenges, it inspires and it aspires. The most elaborate design could be trumped by the simplest one. A minimalist rendering is worlds different to an illusion filled with tiny details of a grander picture. An emotion evoked in a painting would be drastically different from an emotion captured in a photograph. Words painted more than the color itself. An atmosphere could tell a story than the props that are set in it. And a musical masterpiece isn't called so because of its judges, but whose support is given by those whose hearts and minds that cherish it. This would be the Art District of Bielefeld; a place for anyone that needed to express their creative side by thought, deed, and expression. The center of the Art District would host the city's many special festivals and holidays, ever changing with the seasons, and time, and event. Its peripheral venues would be held in equal importance, if not more, as many of its outlets were coffee shops and mini libraries, stages and open forums, and shops that sold art supplies not easily found in other local venues.

In keeping with the season of Spring, the center of the Art District was a burst of colors, both artificial and organic. A gigantic yellow pot laid on its side (if one were to take a closer look, it was actually a pot lined in sunflowers), its "spilled" contents was a vast array of flowers that surrounded the areas in front and to its sides. Small passageways led to the left and right. To the left held a large merry-go-round, surrounded by flowers as well, rotating in a snail like pace - unhurried and carefree - welcoming kids and fawning couples alike. To the right, a quaint French cottage that looked as though it came out of a fairy tale sat open to visitors. A brook flowed behind the cottage and around the the back, letting the mill attached to the cottage move languidly.

Around the center, other works of art were displayed or taking place. A small play at one corner for the children as they laughed at the silliness of the dinosaur and the platypus. A poem reading on the other side for those with a penchant for worded imagery. At other points, paintings, murals and architecture of various finishes adorned the streets for all to see while two vastly different musical groups played at opposite ends of the district.

Situated downtown, the Art District welcomes any and all that wish to convey their inner artist. It starts early and usually ends in a musical performance.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:08 am

"Yeah, coffee,"said Altito as I took the cup and sipped it. Nice, needs creamer, but nice enough. I looked around before asking again...

"So what activities I can do beside standing right here, do nothing, but still alive and breathing? Any library here? I mean, if yes, I can read book there. Speaking of book...what kind of book you guys love? Twilight series? Rainbow Troops? Vampire Diaries? Or Batman?"
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 am

"We might be all just dreaming, but we don't know. There was a chance that we could all cease to exist, so we hd to find a way to save ourselves." Bran said, watching the newcomer intently. Hospital checkups? Bran was used to those. About a year ago, he had realized that he had a Cyst that needed to be removed, sparing the details, he ended up going to the hospital more than a few times for checkups, and twice for an actual operation.

"I've got some experience in hospitals, General Anesthetic is really fun, but the IV's aren't." He grinned. "But I digress, we're here now, and we're fine."

Hearing if he had medicine for Raka. He grabbed a small piece of paper, and started writing.

The newcomer, who needed his medicine, would find the correct dosage amounts sitting on the counter in the lobby.

"Check the counter in the lobby, it might be there." Bran shrugged.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:58 am

James kept writing, on a roll from his creation of the Library, generally unaware of everyone around him, due to the fact that he was a very one-minded person, and the fact that he was taking his time as he wrote.
On the Library's right, if one were facing the Library, was a small structure, only a story tall, a dark purple in color. This building, like the Library, had no exterior marked name, although everyone who had spent any time in the town at all knew what it was. A single door was on the front of the building, leading into a rather large lounge, the size of the entire surface level of the building. Anyone who didn't know how to access the lower levels would never get any farther than that. If one knew how to access the lower levels, which simply required one to know both that they existed, and the location of the door to the stairwell down. Below the lounge were three levels, each full of arcade machines, lines and lines of them, of every single possible genre. The sheer volume of machines was something of awe to most that would enter, as most arcades one would enter would have half the machines of one of the three basement floors. Not only were there a near overabundance of machines, there were also no payment for use of the machines. Every single machine was free, for any number of play-throughs, for anyone who might want to use them. On top of that, the Arcade building was never closed, nor did it seem to be staffed, or in any way maintained or cleaned, yet no matter what happened within it, it would always be clean and in well repair. The interior was slightly different to everyone who entered, although it was always dark inside, and the placement of the machines and such was always the same, but the basic color of the interior depended on who was viewing it, much like the Building.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:"Yeah, coffee,"said Altito as I took the cup and sipped it. Nice, needs creamer, but nice enough. I looked around before asking again...

"So what activities I can do beside standing right here, do nothing, but still alive and breathing? Any library here? I mean, if yes, I can read book there. Speaking of book...what kind of book you guys love? Twilight series? Rainbow Troops? Vampire Diaries? Or Batman?"

Fvaar smirked. Would that be too...ridiculous, off the wall, sink or swim?

Nothing on this paper, excepting this sentence, will take effect until the corners have been torn off.

She continued to speak as she wrote. "I'm a fan of science fiction, mainly. I also enjoy fantasy and mystery. As for the library..."
The guy who had just asked the group in the lobby about their literary preferences would find himself in the young adult section of the library which James had recently finished writing, immediately after the guy had removed his medication from the counter. In his hand would be a slip of paper, stating, "To return to the Building and receive an explanation, write your name and then, "found himself back in the lobby of the Building". Sorry- couldn't resist. Feel free to grab a book or two while here. -Fvaar".

The girl's smirk grew as she tore off the corners...

She then walked over to the car group and stated the obvious- "Wow. You really are okay-" before squishing most and more gingerly embracing a few of them.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:50 am

James finished writing and thought to himself for a moment. Since we're... Writing the world back into existence... Shouldn't we be home soon? James realized this, and half-panicked for a moment, before sighing audibly. He took the two papers he had written on, and put them in his pockets, after folding them into small squares. He stood up, and slowly made his way over to the car group. He gave Trice a hug, smiling slightly as he did so, before going over to Fvaar's side, and contemplating just how stupid he was willing to be at that point in time. He resigned that it was best to be a complete and utter moron now, and regret it now, than actually be smart, and possibly regret it forever. He tapped Fvaar on the shoulder, reverting to his normally over-shy self. "Hey.... Fvaar... Can you come with me for a moment?"
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Morlodania wrote:James finished writing and thought to himself for a moment. Since we're... Writing the world back into existence... Shouldn't we be home soon? James realized this, and half-panicked for a moment, before sighing audibly. He took the two papers he had written on, and put them in his pockets, after folding them into small squares. He stood up, and slowly made his way over to the car group. He gave Trice a hug, smiling slightly as he did so, before going over to Fvaar's side, and contemplating just how stupid he was willing to be at that point in time. He resigned that it was best to be a complete and utter moron now, and regret it now, than actually be smart, and possibly regret it forever. He tapped Fvaar on the shoulder, reverting to his normally over-shy self. "Hey.... Fvaar... Can you come with me for a moment?"

"Yeah," said the girl, with a slightly confused smile, "Sure! Do you want to explore the places that, crazy as this is, we did just write into existence? Or rewrote in some cases? Isn't this amazing?! Anyway..." she finished glomping Triché- "Sorry about my yammering. What's going on?" Fvaar was occasionally shy as well, but prone to really opening up if she found someone to whom she related well. Actually, that was one reason why she'd been so talkative with the group; she hadn't known them long, and, before this, never in person, but there's a lot one can learn about another by checking out things which that other has created.

As Fvaar followed James, her forehead wrinkled. Just what was going on, anyway? Why wasn't he asking, say, Swith to come along... Maybe because of the rapport of sorts which they'd struck up in the kitchen? Yeah, that could be it.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:"Yeah," said the girl, with a slightly confused smile, "Sure! Do you want to explore the places that, crazy as this is, we did just write into existence? Or rewrote in some cases? Isn't this amazing?! Anyway..." she finished glomping Triché- "Sorry about my yammering. What's going on?" Fvaar was occasionally shy as well, but prone to really opening up if she found someone to whom she related well. Actually, that was one reason why she'd been so talkative with the group; she hadn't known them long, and, before this, never in person, but there's a lot one can learn about another by checking out things which that other has written.

As Fvaar followed James, her forehead wrinkled. Just what was going on, anyway? Why wasn't he asking, say, Swith to come along... Maybe because of the rapport of sorts which they'd struck up in the kitchen? Yeah, that could be it.

James smiled slightly, and shook his head. "Nah, I just sorta wanna talk somewhere quiet. This is pretty amazing, I must say... It's wonderful to be able to actually see the world that you are creating... I sort of feel... Almost godlike with this power... I don't really like having this much power... Absolute power corrupts absolutely." James lead Fvaar away from the group, still where they could be seenm but to where it was at least quiet. He took a seat on a couch that was there, and motioned for her to sit next to him. "I'm just bad when a whole lot of people are talking at once... I can't keep my thoughts straight, so I figured that somewhere quieter would be a little better for me to actually think, make sure I don't say something utterly stupid like I normally do."
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:53 pm

I found myself at the library, afterntook the dosage of medicine. It runs smoothly well. Now in the library, I looked around until I grabbed 2 books, one is the history of the world book, the other is the history of military of the world book. With the paper. I was transported back to the corner of the lobby. Practically alone, I went back to the Communal Kitchen, grabbed a chair and my coffee, and start reading.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Morlodania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:"Yeah," said the girl, with a slightly confused smile, "Sure! Do you want to explore the places that, crazy as this is, we did just write into existence? Or rewrote in some cases? Isn't this amazing?! Anyway..." she finished glomping Triché- "Sorry about my yammering. What's going on?" Fvaar was occasionally shy as well, but prone to really opening up if she found someone to whom she related well. Actually, that was one reason why she'd been so talkative with the group; she hadn't known them long, and, before this, never in person, but there's a lot one can learn about another by checking out things which that other has written.

James smiled slightly, and shook his head. "Nah, I just sorta wanna talk somewhere quiet. This is pretty amazing, I must say... It's wonderful to be able to actually see the world that you are creating... I sort of feel... Almost godlike with this power... I don't really like having this much power... Absolute power corrupts absolutely." James lead Fvaar away from the group, still where they could be seenm but to where it was at least quiet. He took a seat on a couch that was there, and motioned for her to sit next to him. "I'm just bad when a whole lot of people are talking at once... I can't keep my thoughts straight, so I figured that somewhere quieter would be a little better for me to actually think, make sure I don't say something utterly stupid like I normally do."

Fvaar smirked and raised her eyebrows. "Actually, I have a better idea."

A slight breeze started to blow, fast increasing to a gale-force wind which whirled around Fvaar and James but did not affect Fvaar's pen or paper. Suddenly, the wind slowed to a stop, and the two found themselves on the sixth floor of Evar Middle school, under the Plexiglass pyramid, sitting in the middle of the floor. A ream of white paper and some pens and pencils appeared to Fvaar's left.

The wind hadn't been necessary, but Fvaar liked theatrics, and besides, wind was a part of who she was in more ways than one.

The girl grabbed a sheet of paper and quickly scribbled
Evar Middle School has a tunnel leading from the exact center of the first floor to the ramp below Cherry Creek High School. It is covered by an aluminum hatch and, currently, a pot of ferns. There are also stairs- two sets per level, one descending and the other ascending. These are located next to the bathrooms, and are usually locked. They are always unlocked at the start and end of the day.

Loose ends tied up, Fvaar tore her gaze away from the silvery green that the floors blended into and smiled.

"Well?"

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Remmy stood shocked. Holy fuck this was the Ragnarok. The end of the world, but also its rebirth. Remmy watched as new and old areas were created before her eyes. "This is... this is... this is.... holy fuck," she said, covering her mouth in shock and awe. "so... if I write something down... it will become real in here?" She walked over to the desk and grabbed a pen and paper and started writing her idea down.

Faerie Grove Park
A park in the center of the city.The park is quite large, covering 500 sq meters. The park has several ponds, flower beds, gardens, and a small pond. At the center of it all is a grove of trees, each a different kind, arranged in a strange formation. Two rings surrounding a large central tree. The outer ring consists of larger trees while the inner ring consists of smaller ones. The central tree is a giant, monstrous and old English Oak tree. 10ft diameter trunk, 90ft in height, giant branches which kiss the ground at some points.

The grove is shrouded in mystery. No one knows the origin of the trees, the history behind them, nor why they were here. All that is to go off of is undecipherable writings carved into the trunks of the trees. The place is magical. Peace and tranquility dominates here. Hurtful emotions seem to disappear upon entering the grove. On quiet days, some can hear voices whispered on the wind. Ones attuned to nature or can sense spirits can hear voices coming from the trees. Some say you can see faeries in the grove on a good day.
Last edited by The Carlisle on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Trice nosed the car down the highway.

"Pull the lever, Kronk!" she gleefully shouted. For sake of moving things along, and with much apologies to PXM, the lever was pulled and the car flew. Trice was finally able to put some CAP skills to use and, thankfully, Neil and Gretta's gift didn't require her to adjust trim or fret over flaps and throttle. The car sailed smoothly over the developing down, veering around objects that suddenly sprang into being, and soon touched down upon the Building's front lawn (what little there was of it at the moment).

Ren had turned away from the window in order to write his own city bits. He was taken by surprise as the front door was thrown open and Trice and companions entered.

"We flew!" was all she said as she punched the air with a tiny fist. "It was awesome! And hi, peeps! Did'ja miss us?"

"Quick! I need more paper!" PXM said as he quickly made his way to the dining room. He grabbed a scrap and began as he kept the ideas fresh in his mind. Once he began, it was hard to stop.

Eldritch Incorporated, it was Fortu's vision, and the biggest move against the raptors he had done. He was not only sharing their technology and making it safer, but also using it to benefit humanity. It was the biggest act of spite he pulled, and perhaps the only one.

This was represented by a skyscraper in the industrial district. Forty-two stories high in sterile white and plastic, a white that rivaled non-existence. The edges were smooth and rounded, even though it kept it's box shape. Across the top in giant sky blue letters read "EldritchInc." the name of those who despised what he did. The inside was just as minimalist white and smooth, although it didn't bother the staff. This was due to 99.999% of Fortu's employees being robots that he made. Some were like smooth white mannequins dressed in identical blue suits and managed things. Others were more utilitarian in design, for construction and maintenance.

The foundations of the building dug deep into the earth and continued to dig. This singular building created prosthetics, artificial organs, cloned organs, and robotic assistants. It carried on although sales were not that great, but this hive of machinery did it's best.

PXM, set this description down and began anew in a different direction on fresh paper.
The Museum of Natural History and Science, a building made for the future that never was located Downtown. Futurist Art Deco in style, 6 stories high, rounded corners, setbacks, and a simple contrasting clear and black glass curtain wall. It was possible to see some of the exhibits from the street, the curators believed everyone should see the knowledge within.

Exhibits ranged from a walk through Earth's geologic time with plenty of fossils to see; they tried to recreate the environments of long gone places where dead species roamed. The exhibit on natural forces and laws included plenty of models of the atom and hands-on demonstrations of the fundamental forces. The exhibit on technology showed the early days of computing to the modern, with working models the visitors could use. Beyond that was the Tesla exhibit, with the history of the War of the Currents, the Earthquake Machine artifacts that were still bore a rather large dent, his teleautomated toy boat, a full scale prototype of the VTOL biplane, a model of the Teleforce, and at the center of it all a statue of Nikola read by the light of a working Tesla Coil.

This was a monument to knowledge, admission was free to all, funded only by donations from like-minded benefactors and the overpriced gift shop.

This gave him another idea, one that he loved and would have to elaborate on later.
The Tesladyne Building, a large warehouse found in the Industrial District, standing 5 stories high. It mainly studies the geographic anomalies of the city to no avail. Although this branch of the international corporation knew that things went on that action scientists could help with. It had many labs for many fields and was equipped with the second best equipment money could buy. Few people were employed, as they only hired the best and brightest. However, it had an armory that rivaled the city's. This building was prepared to defend against threats from outside and within.
Pioneer of the Terminal-style Factbook!

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Fvaar smirked and raised her eyebrows. "Actually, I have a better idea."

A slight breeze started to blow, fast increasing to a gale-force wind which whirled around Fvaar and James but did not affect Fvaar's pen or paper. Suddenly, the wind slowed to a stop, and the two found themselves on the sixth floor of Evar Middle school, under the Plexiglass pyramid, sitting in the middle of the floor. A ream of white paper and some pens and pencils appeared to Fvaar's left.

The wind hadn't been necessary, but Fvaar liked theatrics, and besides, wind was a part of who she was in more ways than one.

Evar Middle School has a tunnel leading from the exact center of the first floor to the ramp below Cherry Creek High School. It is covered by an aluminum hatch and, currently, a pot of ferns. There are also stairs- two sets per level, one descending and the other ascending. These are located next to the bathrooms, and are usually locked. They are always unlocked at the start and end of the day.

Loose ends tied up, Fvaar tore her gaze away from the silvery green that the floors blended into and smiled.

"Well?"

"That was... Awesome... I must say..." James smiled, and again considered just how stupid he wanted to be. "Like it can hurt all that much..." He muttered this under his breath, and looked up to Fvaar, smiling. "This is a bit quieter. Anyway, I really hope you don't take this as badly as I expect you to..." James leaned forward and quickly kissed Fvaar, before pulling away as quickly as he leaned in and looking down, face scarlet red.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Morlodania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Fvaar smirked and raised her eyebrows. "Actually, I have a better idea."

"Well?"

"That was... Awesome... I must say..." James smiled, and again considered just how stupid he wanted to be. "Like it can hurt all that much..." He muttered this under his breath, and looked up to Fvaar, smiling. "This is a bit quieter. Anyway, I really hope you don't take this as badly as I expect you to..." James leaned forward and quickly kissed Fvaar, before pulling away as quickly as he leaned in and looking down, face scarlet red.

Fvaar grinned, slightly flustered. But still...

Best first kiss ever.

She leaned over- as she tended to cause awkward situations, she had some experience dealing with them. In this case, being sensitive and open likely would be much better than attempting to joke.

"That was very nice, actually." The girl paused and took James' hand, huge grin still on her face. Her voice had been and continued to be a bit higher than normal. What to say next...

"Do you have any ideas for what to do next, or shall we just enjoy the sun for a while?"

What she was actually wondering, of course, was, Where do we go from here? Not only did she have very little experience romantically, she was socially awkward. That train of thought, though, led to another possible activity.

"If not, we could, you know, discuss hobbies and stuff."

Fvaar reached over and pulled an ivy leaf, causing part of the vine to rise through the aluminum (plated) lattice

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Fvaar grinned, slightly flustered. But still...

Best first kiss ever.

She leaned over- as she tended to cause awkward situations, she had some experience dealing with them. In this case, being sensitive and open likely would be much better than attempting to joke.

"That was very nice, actually." The girl paused and took James' hand, huge grin still on her face. Her voice had been and continued to be a bit higher than normal. What to say next...

"Do you have any ideas for what to do next, or shall we just enjoy the sun for a while?"

What she was actually wondering, of course, was, Where do we go from here? Not only did she have very little experience romantically, she was socially awkward. That train of thought, though, led to another possible activity.

Fvaar reached over and pulled an ivy leaf, causing part of the vine to rise through the aluminum (plated) lattice

"It... It was?" James looked up, still scarlet red in the face, and looked actually... Quite surprised... He honestly had expected to get slapped... But then again... Fvaar was gentle.... As far as he had seen... James looked down at his hand when she took it, and got even redder, if that were even possible at that point. "If... If you don't have anything else you wanted... To do... We could... Do that again... Since it was... N.. Nice and all..." James kept his eyes on Fvaar, smiling slightly as he did, his face slowly returning back to its normal color. "Or... We could talk... Whichever..."
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Morlodania wrote:
Fvaarniimar wrote:Fvaar grinned, slightly flustered. But still...

Best first kiss ever.

"It... It was?" James looked up, still scarlet red in the face, and looked actually... Quite surprised... He honestly had expected to get slapped... But then again... Fvaar was gentle.... As far as he had seen... James looked down at his hand when she took it, and got even redder, if that were even possible at that point. "If... If you don't have anything else you wanted... To do... We could... Do that again... Since it was... N.. Nice and all..." James kept his eyes on Fvaar, smiling slightly as he did, his face slowly returning back to its normal color. "Or... We could talk... Whichever..."

Fvaar continued to grin, cheeks reddening.

"I think that I'd prefer to chat or chill or admire Bielefield or something, if that's okay with you. We do have some paper, if you want to continue messing around with the fabric of existence. It's simply that this is a very new experience for me, and I need a moment to let the insanity of this entire day catch up. Wonderful insanity," she squeezed James' hand, "But even I can get weirded out." She made a few odd sounds before continuing in a robotic monotone which, unintentionally, sounded Dalek-esque. "Aaproaching weird-out point."

It was funny. Fvaar could adapt quickly to the incredible. She'd once been prone to freaking out, sometimes talking to herself for hours, when something extremely strange or a series of events which, taken together, were extremely strange were to occur. Years- about three, actually- of that sort of thing had changed her behavior to the point where she not only shrugged off events of the sort as, "Eh, my life is weird," and grinning but had also quickly adapted to the fact that she was actually in Bielefield-

-but stick her in almost any type of social situation not involving brainstorming and contributing ideas, and the girl would, frankly, feel awkward.

"Come to think of it," she continued, "I feel like maaybe we should be getting back to the Building. A lot of stuff has been happening, and we wouldn't want to miss something important." Left hand still in James', Fvaar fumbled for a clean sheet from the pile, set it on a knee, and wrote.

The wind picked up, carrying with it scents of orange zest, cherry blossom, and pine sap, as well as the song, "Beau Soir" as it had previously been sung by Fvaar herself. This time, the wind only became a brisk breeze before calming to deposit Fvaar and James on the same couch as before.

"Sorry about that- I just had a feeling... Anyway, I would like to continue chatting and hanging out and... stuff, though, you know?"
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Smith, still in the car and not caring as he wrote, began to write up a building, as well as a few old buildings, into the area of downtown. It could be seen as an ten story building with a base of that to equal that of the Empire State Building, and at least 150 pairs of concrete pillars, with a 40ft x 40ft base rising high that started out as it's skeletal frame. From appearance, the building was circular in shape, but with a hole in the center. From there a glass dome appeared over that hole, and soon a reflective, 20cm thick, bullet impermeable glass covered over the open spots on the sides, finally enclosing the building. Closer look at the building, there could be seen eight doors around the building. One to the north, one south, another east, and so on. Inside on the base floor, after going through the entrance, patients/consumers would be walking on a whitish yellow stone brick flooring that came in perfect square tiles. Approximately 4in x 4in. The inner pillars were not of the plain colors of the gray concrete on the outside, instead they were white in color with every pillars decorated with the flag of each nation on Earth. To include the Templar flag, since their origins were from Earth.

The building was nothing more then a copy and paste of an idea from Dr. Smith from the Templar universe of a building he called "GPB", or "Grand Pharmacy Bank" despite it being more of a pharmacy on a mass scale and less of a bank.

Despite hight, there were only three floors and a basement level to it. The top floor being administration, where all the main paperwork, and restock orders come in. Second floor was inpatient floor where iv bags and other medications were made and shipped either by truck or by tubing connected to the hospital, assuming that the medication shipped was neither schedule ii-v or one with label, "do not shake". Main floor was the outpatient. Where there ranged every medication made and approved for use, except scheduled drugs. Even then it was divided into sections where one side was in charge of refilling medication, another in charge of over the counter medication, another for filling common prescription, one for dietary and supplementary drugs that doesn't require a prescription, and a small section devoted to prenatal care, and pregnant/nursing mothers.

The basement, while still in limits of the building's grounds, was divided into three sections: Narcotics (scheduled drugs), outpatient supply, maintance room, and refrigerated medication. Narcotics included drugs like morphine, cocaine, adderall, vicoden, etc. While refrigerated side was subdivided based on the temperature of the need of the medication, such as insulin products. Except for a part of the refrigerated part for scheduled drugs. Unlike second floor which gets their supply from a certain vacated part of the third floor and from their floor, outpatient gets all of their supplies from the basement.

One may ask, how does the product needed on the second floor, but in the basement, get there in an allotted amount of time, or how does a medication get from one side of the building to the other? The answer: Pneumatic pipes, same ones that send medication to and from the hospital. Each section would have at least 6-9 pneumatic pipes to send drugs through, and by inserting a coordinate of the facility, they can do so. It so that if one were to look up while in the circular part on the first floor, they could see pipes overhead shuttling medication.

Indeed, in Smith's eyes the building was coming along just fine as he kept his eyes glued on the paper with his pen brush writing. Not caring much about his surroundings.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:31 pm

Out of all the others, Brit found solitude after his little world building venture. He snoozed as he out his head down on the dining room table. The ever uncomfortable sensation of pin pricks were brought on by the weight of his head clotting his veins and stopping the blood flow, causing him to switch which arm he lay on periodically. He felt at ease, even though later he would like maybe there was something else he could've done. Right now, he had nothing, and so let the world come up around him while he rested his eyes and his mind.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:28 pm

"Alrighty", said Trice, who had gone out to the car and come back with Smith. "Is everyone gathered here? Good. Give me what you've got written. I think I'm going to just stuff them in the box and be done with it. I mean, I enjoy spending time with you guys, but I sorta miss home, too."

She picked up a few of the papers scattered around and began sorting them into a decent stack.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 pm

At some point, Snow had wandered back into the apartment building. He seemed better than he had been--not whole, not yet, but recovered enough to understand his surroundings. He grabbed a pencil and paper and wrote down some of his observations regarding the Industrial District. As an afterthought, he stabbed in a few references to dieselpunk factories and steampunk workshops hidden amongst the towers. He grabbed a stick of chalk from somewhere in the pile of writing utensils and used it to write the words "reality bomb" onto the box. Then he handed his work to Trice. "Here you go; sorry about the delay." He attempted a smile, and instead managed to look like someone had just shot his dog and was now holding the gun on him--smile, ratface, or I'll blow your head off! He took his seat, waiting for whatever was going to happen to happen.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

The papers slipped from Trice’s hands and tumbled into the box. There was a soft thunk, and the box shimmered briefly.

“Demens,” she whispered, “if this is all there was, let us go home now. Please, and thank you.”

The world shimmered and hazed as if it were being looked upon from the depths of a pool. It was time to ascend--to go outside the cup and take a place in the real world again. Trice smiled at the others and kicked off the floor along with everyone else and they rose up through the murky building. It felt pleasant, as soft as tepid water streaming along their skin and tickling their ears as they returned to their real life.

Trice opened her eyes to find clarity. Her eyelashes flickered to adjust and her ears registered the grandfather clock chiming in the foyer. Home, no heel clicks required.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Dawn came as softly as a curtain raised by western stars, a promising light temporarily held back by black metal mountains to the east. The City of Bielefeld held itself in hushed silence and then exhaled as the first fingers of sunlight spilled beyond the peaks to illuminate the valley below.

The light first touched upon the distant sea where a battle arena occupied a tiny island. Ships slipped into channels to bring their bountiful ocean harvest to shore or else smaller vessels were coming to dock at the marina. Intermingled with them were the morning commuters aboard ferries which slipped from Market District to cruise towards the Industrial District. As the sun rose, it seemed to follow the ferries in their course from east to west. For a moment it hung over the gigantic rubber duck, turning it an even brighter shade of yellow--then the light moved on to the Industrial District proper.

A casual observer might mistake it for the city's downtown. Rather than the small, squat, grey factories common to so many other cities, the ID’s main structures were towers built from glass and concrete, and surrounded by roads. There didn't seem to be any pattern to the buildings' designs: there were brown buildings with windows that looked like black buttons from a distance, and there were buildings that looked to be made almost entirely of glass (working in those during the summer must be awful). Further into the Industrial District, old-looking smoke-stacks loomed—possibly a left-over from a previous stage of development? But, no, Bielefeld was created after the death of the city of Vaffleheim--the previous host to the apartment building. The old city's ruins were still visible to its south. Maybe the stacks were just a stylistic thing, then. They certainly looked nice—all steep slants, gentle curves, cream concrete and smooth, black smoke that billowed and expanded as it rose up into blue sky.

There were patches of green space between some of the buildings—they were littered with trees, and sometimes they even had fountains. Interesting juxtaposition and a decent metaphor: the best kind of industrial beauty was the sort you could admire from a picnic blanket. There were also pockets of clockwork workshops and smoke-belching factories, which seemed geared towards a more archaic feel--steampunk and dieselpunk, respectively. Occasionally the pockets overlapped, and where they met, there was a brutal clash between Victorian elegance and 1940s American zeitgeist.

But where was the pollution and acid rain? Surely the smokestacks must be having some effect on the atmosphere, to say nothing of the frankly gratuitous amount of smoke the factories were giving off. It was a mystery few could explain; most just shrugged their shoulders and attributed the cleanliness to magic.

Between the Industrial and Market Districts, the fishing vessels plied their trade. Some were out on the water, spread apart with engines off so as not to frighten the fish. Others had just finished hauling catches in; they bobbed at their moorings on the piers. The Fish Market itself was an incomprehensible mosaic of culture, featuring the hustle and bustle to be expected of a major city’s wet market and attached food courts. All kinds of cuisines could be found here - fish or fowl or grain, Western or Asian. So, too, could a museum located off the shore but accessible by ferry.

The Market District, like the Fish Market tucked within it, was a place where people of all ethnicities and cultures gathered. It had an upscale atmosphere, with Memorial Park bursting with an explosion of colors that befitted spring. Paintings, murals and architecture dotted the area, and were interwoven to tell stories as one passed from one end of the District to the other. A giraffe statue, taller than the highest storefront on Main, craned its neck towards the heavens and stuck its tongue out at the sky. A lone trolley made its way down from the northern edge of the District.

In the east, people stretched and yawned and pulled themselves from their suburban beds. They’d soon make the commute westward and into the heart of the city. Others would head towards the Agricultural and Industrial Districts. This was the land of tract houses and white picket fences, and dotted amongst them were brick apartment buildings and mansions. They’d board bullet trains, subways, buses or cabs and start their day while their children attended school. Suburbia was divided by a river and highway, one side being “townies” and the other embracing a countryside lifestyle.

Raptor Lake and the surrounding natural parks occupied this area. It boasted amusement parks, water parks, a laser tag arena and other features, all of which were surrounded by the scenery, trails and campgrounds of Bielefeld State Park. A state-of-the-art laser tag arena--almost a full-fledged battle simulator--rested next to the amusement parks.

Downtown, the sun was just warming the array of magnificent buildings and establishments. Close by the Building, Haven had blossomed, literally, into a circular mélange of greens, oranges, browns and yellows. Trees grew toward the sky here and there, with a cluster of tables and furniture under a large oak tree. Capitol Hall, where concerts and performances of all types were held, rivaled the Sydney Opera House in size and beauty. Next to it was a ten-story building capped by a glass dome. From above, pillars could be seen through the dome. They bore the flags of all nations on Earth, with the Templar flag on top. Across the front of the building were the words “Grand Pharmacy Bank”. Dotted throughout the area (and in most of the city) were houses of worship and meditation to reflect the diverse faiths of the townies.

Many other businesses--the Capitol Movie Theatre, the aquarium and zoo, Bielefeld’s own Opera House, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Natural History, and the Vafflehelm Memorial Museum–were also located downtown. The main library stood proudly in their midst, a bastion of marble and knowledge governed by a strange clockwork being. Curving around them was the Art District, with passageways, coffee shops, and paintings, murals, and architecture throughout.

Sunlight glistened from the windows of the University of Bielefeld Hospital where, it should be noted, the teens who had attacked the Teen Club members woke up unharmed in their hospital beds, although with horrible acne that would remain for the next month before slowly fading; they hadn’t completely forgotten what happened although they were none the wiser about the actual nature of their targets.

To the very south sat the Agricultural District and several military installations. This was the and of rolling crop fields and pastures owned by families or else conglomerations. The view to them was hedged by natural woodland and Pearlelei Lake. Roads criss-crossed the district, allowing foot and vehicle traffic around the area. All manner of farm machinery could be seen trundling their way along the roads, especially during planting and harvest seasons. The main, paved roads cut through the ag district on a curve, leading north towards the forest and outer city, and westwards towards the military installations just outside of the city of Bielefeld. Other paved roads would lead to little houses and clusters of buildings. A freight rail tied it to the City. Little clusters of homes belong to farmers and their families. They would drive into the city for school and other things that they lacked out in the farmlands.

The fingers of light crept down Subabsurdus Street, warming the sidewalk and welcoming people into a new day. The Building sat on the corner of Subabsurdus and Main, the very last structure found in the Market District. It was considered the most beautiful building in town simply because it appeared to each person as being the ideal place to live. The exterior was much smaller than the interior, yet, no matter the appearance, a small flight of stairs that lead up to the main door. Sideyards framed each side of the building. The back garden contained the pavilion where Residents gathered right after the Drone invasion ended. Sunlight glistened off the in-ground swimming pool’s water and set the large novelty pirate ship ablaze in color. Morning dew clung to the booths at the firing range, the few old shacks, and the large, manicured lawn. The woodland beyond the back garden came alive as animals awoke to set off in search of food, many using the small trail which led through the woods to the old ruins of Vaffleheim and a military base.

The sun illuminated the Building’s foyer where mailboxes and buzzers were tucked into a tiny vestibule. It carried on into the lobby proper, touching a large reception desk and the drop box where payments were made and leases tucked.

The lobby and building interior appeared differently to each person and often echoed their tastes yet some things remained the same no matter who viewed them. Sunlight reflected on placards affixed to several doors (Medical Clinic, Bomb Shelter, Chaos Quarters, Gym and Pool). It caressed Thriller’s Thinking Bench and the main stairway and elevator doors. It didn’t penetrate deep enough to touch upon the hall at the far end marked Maintenance and it would never reach the murky parts and a stairwell down to the basement where the janitor and boiler rested.

Within the clinic, Ogoti and Sanjay had worked their magic well. Those injured on the Aegis rescue mission were fully restored. Aegis himself was placed in a small room to recover and the Luxans asked to intercede on his behalf. The clinic door opened with a soft snap and the healed adventuring party stepped out to find a group of teens sleeping in the lobby. Deuce treaded gently to not wake them and helped himself to coffee at the lobby desk. Rudolf had returned, of course, and was reading the morning edition of the Underworld Times.

The Teen Club’s night of patrol had gone well, mostly because cultists have hearts and wouldn’t really leave them alone and unaided. The intent was never to punish them but to give them a glimpse of what it was like to be a cultist… long hours spent patrolling sleepy corridors when the time could be better spent with their children and wives. The teens missed out on the dance but that wouldn’t be earth-shattering, really. That isn’t to say that the teens had been bored. There had been a sense of foreboding all night long, and it wasn’t imagined. Things did indeed lurk in the halls, unseen but palpable and always hungry. They’d all awaken unmolested and warmed by the sun streaming in through the front window.

Upstairs in the dining room, someone considerate person had put on coffee and the smell warmed the communal areas. Kitchen, dining room, recreational room, and library all sat ready and waiting. Tables had been pushed together and linens set out for Kale’s use. She’d reserved the room for some event. Elsewhere in the apartment, people were just waking up. All had returned from the Carnival before it faded, and their fantasies had all faded at midnight. Gone were the body adaptations, visiting family and strange Carnival-granted abilities. Most were in their own beds. Thriller would awaken to find the twins curled around him and a lock of Charumati’s hair in his palm.

The Building’s front door opened and a few new people stepped in...

Collab credit: Tilt, Zark, Cer, and every last PL player who helped out on Personification Player.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Last night was...different. Being on guard was boring; boring and lonely, and it upset Tora that they couldn't spend time doing something that they had been planning. This meant that her motivation was low, and she was already tired after such a wild day. It didn't take long before she had been found, curled up in a ball on the floor, in her uniform, with her rifle still clasped in her hands. Katya's day hadn't been very exciting either, and she found herself disappointed. Sleep would be welcome that night. Something was troubling her.

After waking her little sister, and taking her to the bed, the sounds of their apartment was filled only by the soft buzzing of the air conditioner, and the occasional squeak of one of Tora's wandering rats. The pitter-patter of a puppy's footsteps were absent; the dog was adventurous, probably running around the back yard some. They had little time to check on it. Their sleep was undisturbed until shortly after the sun rose, and Torii awoke in her bed. It felt much better than the rough hallway floor, and she felt grateful for her sister's waking her to bring her home.

She was worried about her friends, but that wasn't the primary cause of her sadness that morning. She just felt empty and lifeless, like there was no real point in doing anything that day. Her friends would probably carry on as usual, maybe bring up the last day...the adults would do adult stuff, leaving Torii to her lonesome self, which she hated, or she'd find herself working one way or another. She hated to admit it, but she felt stale and bored. While yesterday, she received quite the spotlight for her actions, it wasn't good. She never got to spend time actually doing anything. She felt cheated, or unappreciated, even though Myra and one or two others told her she was. "What do I matter", She thought to herself. Her answer upset her.

No use wasting away, anyway. She stifled herself with a deep sigh, slumped up to her feet, and carried herself slowly to the bathroom while Katya snored away on the other side of the bed. She needed to make herself look pretty, anyway. Katya awoke shortly after, to the sound of the shower running, and assumed that Torii was awake. She almost didn't remember what day it was exactly, until she turned on the TV and saw the guide.

"It's that day, huh?", She asked herself in the same dull voice as Torii had, and sighed deeply as well. "Twenty Years old. Fucking hell. Why should I even care...there's just no point in telling anyone. I don't care. It's just another year older..."

She sighed again, and just laid in bed for several minutes before deciding that she needed her coffee, and she dragged herself out of the bed to go put on a pot. Just as quickly as she had done so, she fell back into the bed, and she was feeling heavy-hearted. Really, maybe her sister was right. Growing up was terrible.

It was about that time that Torii had actually come out, wrapping a towel around herself, and the Sisters sat at the foot of the bed for some time, drinking their coffee, both feeling unhappy and empty, and watching the TV. They didn't talk much, if at all, as they both considered just why it was they felt this way. To Torii, she felt unwanted, unappreciated, like she was more of a burden than anything else, and yesterday didn't exactly help her self-esteem. She hadn't had any time to hang out with the people she really cared about, like the Nikanors, or her old buddy, Kei, and, while she was so happy to have the other kids her age, they could only provide so much. A club was fun, but she needed a sense of family-a real sense, and not just words and loose associations. All she really had was her sister anymore. Her closest thing to a big bro, who she could really count on, was gone, her best friend had left her, Bran had made it clear that she couldn't really be seen as a daughter or anything anymore either. There was Tasia, who she actually fought to save, and then Dora, even though she didn't care for the woman too much. Maybe one of them wouldn't be a complete waste of time, but....

No, she didn't want to just bother them with her company. Wait, what about Flint? She was alright, right? An older girl that she could still relate to would be just the thing Torii needed, maybe...well, what was the harm? Maybe Torii wouldn't be that annoying, or intruding...

Torii had made up her mind. She wasn't just going to waste away all day, even if there was just no point, and she didn't feel like speaking to the other teens right now, so she threw on her favorite white sun dress and quietly walked out into the hall, on her way to the clinic.

Katya was still feeling down and worthless. she felt a little resentment at not being called for yesterday either, and her situation today put her in a mood where she just wanted to drink so badly, but that "damned bastard child" ensured that she couldn't do so, much less do anything else of importance. She resented everything today, with a passion, and found it much easier to just turn up the TV and throw the bed sheets back over herself. If someone wanted to see her, they'd just have to find her themselves.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Flint tossed and turned on the hospital bed in the clinic's room that she was put in until she shot up from the bed. She had broken out in a cold sweat as her mind recounted her seeing herself in a state not unlike death. Did she die? Did she really? She looked and noticed her left arm was back to normal. She flexed her hand and moved it around for a while. One of the nurses (HellOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nurse!) told Flint that everything was fine with her and she was very much alive before ushering her out. She picked up her gear before looking at her jacket. It was practically in shreds after the acid had eaten away at it. She looked down to see that her undershirt also had some holes in it. At least it wasn't anywhere important.

She walked out of the clinic with a 'da svidanya' to the nurses and other staff she saw, thankful that they had helped her. She felt inexplicably rejuvenated with her arm fully capable again. She'd be more careful about venturing off to parts unknown with strange characters that she knew nothing about in the future. Still, Naomi seemed to be stuck in her head as another person she felt indebted to, even if she refused. A Stalker never forgets their debts. Her stomach growled at her. Great, not only was her shirt just a bunch of ribbons and tears, but she was starving as well. She sighed and made it out to the lobby.

Cinnamon had a wonderful night with Sugar. They had shared many fun things, and even got to know each other better. Sugar was as sweet as her name implied. A young go-getter with an appetite for adventure and fun that not even the biggest playground could fully quench. They spent the night with each other along with Luce and Katya, just having all sorts of fun. She now woke up in her bed, which smelled differently than usual. Almost as if someone else had been using it. She shrugged and went about her morning routine of showering and brushing her teeth.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse