NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life IC IX - [Semi Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 pm

So this was it, then? To create. It was a concept she was familiar with, but Serina felt somewhat halted to in this rising to the occasion of it. It was easy to imagine rolling heavens and reality-shaping symphonies in her head, to paint out the "divine" with aesthetic imagery, with what essentially amounted to an avatar of one's own imagination. But today Serina planted herself before the cauldron of creation donned in but only her own born skin, mundane and disposable to the real world, or at least the real world as she knew it. She was not the great things dipped in light and breath she dreamed of, but rather plainly warm, simple, and small.

But regardless, there was no denying now she had been given the keys to the gates she so teased the mind with. It is said by some that everyone was but a shard of the greater, making and destroying in our own little ways, reflecting the universe we float through. Well now their own universe, the shards of the shards, needed saving.

Serina put pencil to paper, and tried her hardest to re-visualize the screen she had stared at so many time. She'd start with the thing that was probably most appropriate for her to turn to.

Lake Pearlelei
This lake is a stunning jewel set amidst a lush forest. Lake Pearlelei doesn't offer camping but there are various meditation spots and prayer gardens dedicated to a variety of pantheons. The lake itself is named after the goddess Pearlelei and a small shrine rests near one shore. A mural is also located in this park: it represents friendship and was the first mural ever drawn by the godling Giovenith upon her arrive in Vafflehelm. The mural once adorned a wall in the old Building on Subabsurdus, and was restored piece by piece from the ruins after the Drone invasion.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Fvaar frowned at her pen.

__________ High School

The exterior of this high school is made from 9x14 sheets of anodized titanium provided by an anonymous donor, which lend it an intriguing artsy hodgepodge feel and high durability. Adding a traditional element, while the foundation is made of thick concrete, the outer steps and interior floor tile are grey-veined marble. Outside of the school stand aluminum statues of every deity worshipped on Bielefield's Earth that is associated with wisdom or knowledge in some form; these statues, each fifty feet from the school, are three feet tall, holding hands, and form a boundary beyond which define the boundary of the campus. The school itself is a squared-off spiral; Greek-type spiral, rectangular in nature square, looping around five times. Each part of the spiral is two rooms and a hallway wide. The walls are plaster coated with ivory and green vertical stripes, each one inch wide. Between the parts of the spiral is an equal width of sandstone path; as it isn't shielded from the elements, it is rarely used during winter. In the middle of each straight section of the spiral, there are two doors, opposite each other, one facing in and the other facing out. Like the rest of the school's exterior, these are formed of the anodized titanium, specifically of a few sheets cut and melded together to form doors t one and a half inches thick. The knobs are aluminum coated with copper, as are all knobs in the school. Interior doors, specifically ones leading from classrooms to hallways, are of varnished pine. Classroom floors have indigo carpets. The four exterior and first interior iterations of the spiral are two stories in height; all others are a single story. The basement has walls and a ceiling of concrete 1 foot thick; in the center of each spiral segment, between the doors, is an emergency entrance three feet in diameter. It is a two-. TheThere are small skylights, in the shape of vertically elongated hexagons one inch wide and (1 + the square root of three) inches tall, imbedded in the ceiling and in the walls of the first four segments; these are made of Plexiglass 3/4 of an inch thick. A lush lawn surrounds the school, stopping at said boundary. All doors have locks; the exterior doors have very sophisticated ones. There are bathrooms in the center of the spiral, as well as a cafeteria and a library with over twenty thousand books and nineteen comfy chairs. School colors are lime green and carmine.

She didn't think there were multiple high schools; well, she'd come back to it later. Fvaar picked up another piece of paper.

__________ Middle School
This building's exterior is pale ochre brick. It is six stories high, and obelisk-like in shape. Specifically, the first five stories consist of hollow squares, 9 classrooms to a side, while the sixth is a hollow Plexiglass pyramid which acts as a skylight. Interior doors are either of varnished wood of some sort or of metal of some sort. A wide variety of window dressings adorn the windows; there are three per classroom, each 4' by 3'. There is one set of exterior doors; these are made of aluminum. The inner part On all floors but the first, which is not separated from the dirt, a half-inch-thick steel-plated-with-aluminum grating, with diamond shaped holes 1x2in, bridges the gap between the sides of the square. It is accessible via a single door on the northern side of the floor. The first floor has a lush garden, containing plants which like shade. Some ivy from this floor has crawled up to the others, providing a few odd spots of green. Interior walls are typically painted, usually with a cool color, although some, often hallways and bathrooms, have some or all of the natural brick showing. The floors are white laminate. There are two bathrooms on each floor, each occupying half of a corner room, holding three toilets including one wheelchair-accessible one, and being triangular in shape. There is also a three-foot-square hydraulic elevator, with a shaft of the same metal grating, in a corner of the grating near the door. It has a padlock to which all staff have the combination. The interior part serves as an auditorium, a cafeteria, and often a gym. School colors are heliotrope and gold. The library is located on the fifth floor; it takes up three rooms and holds almost ten thousand books.

__________ Elementary School
This school is triangular in shape, 612 feet by 816 feet by 1020 feet. Its exterior is dark gray granite which, due to micaceous inclusions, sparkles in the sun. It is one story high, with rooms and hallways spread throughout. There is a large Plexiglass skylight over the school, and sections of each classroom with thick concrete walls and ceilings. Specifically, each classroom has a closet, capable of holding twenty people comfortably and stocked with at least a day's worth of provisions, made of reinforced concrete. They're typically used for storage of classroom supplies. The bathrooms- eighteen of various sizes spread throughout the school- are also reinforced concrete. The walls throughout the school are reinforced concrete, with doors of aluminum with brass knobs. Most of the walls are pale cream stippled with indigo. The carpets are pale copper and stretch throughout the school. The two exterior doors, in the middle of the short side of the school, are anodized titanium, presumably left over from that high school. School colors are indigo and peach. There are a cafeteria and a library. The cafeteria, which seats 100, doubles as an auditorium; the library has nearly three thousand books in many genres and myriad comfy seats, most of them beanbags.

"I have a high, middle, and elementary school. Am I missing anything? None of them originally had much description, so, well, I took the liberty of describing them. Also, what are the schools' names?"
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Morlodania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Morlodania » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm

James pulled a pen from his pocket, and grabbed some paper, seeing as how everyone else decided that writing things into the world was a good idea, and it seemed to be working. He sat next to Fvaar, and smiled to her, asking her opinion on making a Library for the town. She agreed with him on the idea, and he and her spoke about it, brainstorming how it would look and work. Eventually, after James contributed most of the interior, and Fvaar made comments about it, contributed the exterior, and generally agreed with what James said, James took pen to paper, making sure to make his writing as neat as possible, given his normal chickenscratch.
Within sight of the front of the Building was a library, although you wouldn't know it was that from a distance. The exterior of the hexagonal building was made of carved marble, looking as if the entire building was carved from a single, insanely large piece of marble. The Library was around forty feet tall, and was facing away from the building. The front had a large entryway, almost ten feet tall, a pair of marble doors that were always open, unless the Library was damaged on the inside. Stairs led to the door, going up about five feet, before leading into the door, which lead down a short hall with elevators on either side, then into the massive actual library part of the Library. The room itself was thirty five feet tall, hexagonal in shape, with six lanes emanating from the center, between the lanes were rows upon rows of solid dark oak bookshelves, spanning from the floor of the Library to the ceiling. Every single bookshelf was completely full, not a single empty space, save for those belonging to books that had been loaned out to the residents of the town within which the Library resided. At the very center was a table, made not of marble, but of what appeared to be glass, although if tested, it proved to be as hard as diamond, if not harder. Above this table floated a handful of orbs of the same material, and if one touched them, they could tell exactly what books were in the library, and could order or return books instantly. The books would simply appear or disappear from the glass-like table, and could be borrowed for as long as one desired, within reason. On the outer walls floated quotes, simply gliding across the walls, from any and all books ever written. Famous quotes, or long lost quotes, all of them appeared, traveled across, and left the walls at random intervals. The walls and floor were made out of the same marble as the rest of the primary part of the building, as was the ceiling, if one cared to look. The elevators along the original entryway led to five floors and a basement, although the basement was locked down at all times, and no one knew what was down there. Each of the five floors was seven feet tall, a ground floor, and four floors above that. These floors encircled that primary Library, and had places like lounges to read in, computer labs, and other such rooms that one might find in a library. Also, on each floor but the ground floor was a table exactly like the one in the center of the main Library. The Library was operated by a massive arachnoid golem, appearing to be a machine from the exterior, with exposed cogs and gears in places. This arachnoid thing stood as tall as your average human, and was at least fifteen feet long. It constantly traveled from bookshelf to bookshelf, repairing and maintaining the books, shelves, and the Library itself, as well as keeping the Library clean. Smaller forms of it, about three feet long and a foot tall, did the same for the different floors, as the large one was far too large to get into the different floors encircling the primary Library. The structure had no marked name, and if anyone ever asked about it, people would say it had simply always been there, and that it was simply called 'The Library'.
Beware, I live
Prophet of MorloKitty!

Officially Thernsymantic!
Statty: Un-Daughter
New Cinoth: Insane Mistress
Sungai: Cousin of Sorts
Pinki3: Living Cupcake
LadyRebels: The Witch
Fort: That Crazy Guy in the Corner
Gidge: The Fluffy Queen
Valerie: Vampire Cookie Queen
Glee: Glee-chan
Greater Appalachia: The Ghost
Earthy/Uni: Platonic Lover
Nana: Kitteh Mama

Gallade wrote:My Little Morlo, Abduction is Magic~

I am the Night. I am Nightmare and Shadow, I am Fear and Death, I am Rest and Peace. I am your deepest Fears, I am your greatest Comfort. I am all you hide from, and yet, I am all you want.

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Trice rubbed her sleeve on the Opel's side window. Their collective body heat had caused condensation to form on the glass. "I don't understand. There was a wall, and then there was nothing but then there was something. It's as if someone hit a reset button."

The Opel's door cracked open and she stepped outside. It was a Twilight Zone moment: no wind, no sound, just empty nothingness with dots of reality thrown in. It was creepy but beautiful. She bent down to peer back into the car. "What's the last thing any of you remember about the town? I mean, other than sights streaking by? G-Man, you were on your lonesome. Did you visit anyplace or were you going to visit someplace?"

The airport in the distance seemed like something Bran would create. It had an Ace Combat feel to it, yet was unique from it. "Do you suppose the others are out there doing this?" It had never crossed her mind that anything had happened to them. They were probably floating around in nothing just like her group had. But still, how? She thought she'd have to somehow log in to a computer and access a web site. Yet here things were. Written somehow? Fashioned with thought?

"Sorry, I can't remember anything we passed..." PXM said honestly. To his eyes it all looked the same, and even less was saved to memory. But without much of it, he could see parts of the city in the distance. "...They could be fixing it somehow." He agreed, drawing the sheet of paper and pencil from his pocket.

The clues in his sketch and collections of quotes were either useless or he was too thick to figure it out. Why was the answer never obvious?
Pioneer of the Terminal-style Factbook!

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Brit had regained his second wind and thankfully, avoided voiding his stomach to the dismay of the others. He sat up; His everything hurt, but the pain was bearable. He got to his feet and wobbled over to a table. With everything going on, he was slow to pick up. Apparently though, writing out stuff on paper was like posting it on the thread. He took a deep breath and shook his head. "Okay, I need some...fuck it, Fvaar's got the right idea. I'll just sing." He said a bit shyly, but then figured why not let the others hear his voice. He rarely sung in public ever, but he wasn't tone deaf. 7 years of playing violin attributed to that. Why not sing one of his all-time favorites? He began writing furiously in his doctor-like handwriting that looked like all the letters were broken up, but he wrote on anyway.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

All over the city, there were large, stacked apartments. Red bricks with fire escapes that created in between alleys. There were many of them, and each one similar, but not exactly the same as the next. Each had it's own feel to it, and it's own little place.

Brit looked up in thought, trying to decide what else to put on for the apartments, but that was about as descriptive as he could really get with something like that. He moved on to the good stuff.

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

In the downtown area, there was the Bielefeld Capitol concert and performance hall. A large arrangement of seating inside allowed for many patrons of the arts to gather and enjoy the nation's favorite performers. The stage could accommodate everything from a small rock n roll band and comedian acts, to a full-on symphony harmonic orchestra and choirs. The place rivaled the Sydney Opera House in both size and beauty.

Brit felt giddy like an animated school girl from a genre of shows that originated from the oriental region in the Pacific. This was his first time letting his creativity out, so it was crude and rough for the most part. He should really do this more often. It was almost therapeutic! No wonder Swith loved doing this so much. He moved onto more things.

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

By the amusement parks over near Raptor Lake was a large laser tag arena. It was able to facilitate 50 people in separate stages, and even held tournaments for teams. Unlike most laser tag places, where there was only one type of gun, this one had an assortment of realistic looking laser weapons. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, snipers, sub-machine guns, mounted machine guns; the works. They even operated similar to real weapons, requiring the user to slap the bottom of the mag and pull back the bolt when they 'ran out of ammo'. The armor even came with helmets along with the vests. It truly was almost like a simulator. The arena was so sophisticated that it could even project holographic 'dummy soldiers' for those who wanted to team up with their friends, and small robot sentries that got be set up or controlled by people. Wall turrets and mini droids with tracks with weapons mounted on them were at one's disposal. Of course, it was all in great fun.

Brit looked up in thought. What hadn't he done yet? Maybe he should put in some stuff to give his characters somewhere to hang out, or maybe something for him to have them do most of the days. Something to help them get out of the building and hopefully meet new people and other characters. Wait, that's it!

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made

I shouted out,
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me

A small facility off in the end of the market district would be known as the Red Forest Training School. It was a small school, facilitating only one teacher: Flint. The school would teach basic and advanced survival techniques for tackling being alone or separated in the wilderness. There was a classroom, a small shooting range, a warehouse sized area where most of the school's supplies were kept and where the students would go for larger exercises.

Brit's singing soon became audible to the others as he wrote furiously, pausing only to correct unfinished letters he accidentally skipped over due to his mind thinking faster than his hand could write.

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Off at the other end of the airport, secluded next to one of the hangars, was a small building. Inside was a bar, with a jukebox that was filled with all kinds of music in it, a pool table, and a load of tables and chairs. Model aircraft hung from the ceiling and photos decorated the walls of the interior. Newspaper clippings told stories of pilots performing daring deeds and rising up against all odds to score big wins against their foes. The bar was stacked with all kinds of alcohol and drinks for even the hardest party-goer. Their was also a small open kitchen for cooks to work at and cater to their loyal customers.

The pencil was wearing down fast under the constant writing, but Brit was determined to push it further than it thought. But even with a place for all the pilots to hang out, now, he felt like there was still something else he could do. Then it hit him.

Pleased to meet you
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
Cause I'm in need of some restraint

As a part of the airport facilities, a flight school was set up. A small building known as the Fixed-Base Operator would be utilized by a certain Captain to teach others how to fly along with other experts. Anyone who wanted to fly and get their own license would be welcome to try it out. It didn't matter what experience they already had, they would get everything they needed from this school.

Brit felt that what he had down was enough. Finally, a chance to contribute to the role-play that had been away from him for so long that it's concept almost entirely slipped out from his grasp. He felt genuinely happy for the first time in a long while.

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, oh yeah

Pleased to meet you
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh mean it, get down

He looked up to the window and smiled widely as his hard work became realized in the fastest way imaginable. The others were also at work to, but he felt like he had satisfied himself with what he had already. He could barely contain himself as his joy taunted and tempted him to make a fool out of himself, but he held back for now. He was glad that this was finally coming together. Maybe, they could write themselves back to the Real World!

Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name
I tell you one time, you're to blame

What's my name
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name

He ended the singing on a great note and looked to the others. "IT'S HAPPENING!! IT'S FUCKIN' HAPPENING!" He said ecstatically.

Lyrics by the Rolling Stones
Last edited by Monfrox on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:53 pm

It took a few minutes, but Fvaar eventually noticed the pamphlets.
She flipped through until she reached the Education section. Someone else can take the catholic school. Should the high school... Myra attended Strauss, and therefore that was the tipping point. The high school which she had already done would be Strauss. The middle school was easy- Evar was downtown, and the one she'd done just flat out belonged downtown. The elementary school... Well, Bielefield probably could use one. Fvaar pressed her lips together as it occurred to her that, as she had to name it anyway, it would make for a nice memorial... After playing with several letter arrangements, she inked "Mohlu" in the blank space preceding "Elementary School." Hopefully it wasn't a bad word in Japanese or something... If so, the NPC kids could get a laugh out of it. Speaking of which... Fvaar grabbed a scrap of paper.

The teens who had attacked the Teen Club members woke up unharmed in their hospital beds, although with horrible acne that would remain for the next month before slowly fading.
She felt that it wasn't fair to either group of teens for the antagonists to remain injured; possibly life-altering injuries were very severe consequences for juvenile bullying, even if it had gotten way out of hand and they had been warned that consequences would not vanish, and the Teen Club members, who at the very least hadn't started it, were being punished enough, particularly as both parties had been on equal footing. They didn't deserve to have to deal with the teens pressing charges out of spite.
Now, for Cherry Creek and Warwood.

Cherry Creek High School resembles a castle. Specifically, it consists of an outer "wall" two classrooms and a hallway thick, with a large exterior gate, and an inner "keep" which conceals an entrance to the "dungeon," otherwise known as the huge subterranean basement. Said "wall" is three stories in height, with rectangular"towers" at each corner, consisting of eight classrooms arranged around a sloping high-traction (vulcanized rubber on steel) spiral ramp. These are six stories apiece. The courtyard is quite pretty; the creek for which the school is partially named is funneled through all sorts of waterfalls and fountains which line the various paths; most notably, on the left side there is an arch consisting solely of creek water. The school also gets around a sixth of its electricity from this creek. Assorted lush vegetation grows in the courtyard, most along the bank of the creek; among the flora are cherry trees.

The "keep" is actually where administration, counseling, etc. are located. It consists of four rooms to a level, connected by "always-unlocked" doorways and trapdoors. Counseling is on the first floor, admin on the second. In addition to the doors between rooms, one counseling room has a door leading to a room 3' square. This door is enchanted- specifically, no one older than eighteen can open it. The door actually forms one wall of the room. The room is basically a tiny portion cut out of the four counseling rooms, at a 45 degree angle to these. The door blends into a textured mural that covers all four counseling suites. From the room descends another ramp-this one is steel coated with nylon and functions as a slide. There is a rail at the side, and the edges are slightly curved. There's also a device to one side; a wheelchair can be attached (specifically, it's to be attached backwards) and it will wheel the occupant down safely. This terminates in a dirt chamber exactly pi miles underground, eight feet high, cylindrical, and of diameter equal to the width of the school including the courtyard. Said chamber has been spray painted with many things, including, courtesy of some artistic kid or group of kids, a river so realistic that one expects to be swept away, until one notices the peeling paint.
The fourth and fifth floors of the northwest tower hold a huge library, lined with giant Plexiglass windows and pillowy benches; it holds upwards of forty thousand books and is a favorite haunt of many students. Bathrooms are scattered throughout the school, and there are two large (multistall) "chemical filled pit" type ones in the "dungeon."

The exterior is of pale gray stone. Windows are common, but most are narrow- nine inches by two feet typically. These have modern blinds, and on the first two floors interior windows are composed of safety glass. On all higher floors, on all towers, and on the keep, windows are Plexiglass. Interior classroom walls are wallpapered in pale blue, while hallways have matching tile. Doors, not surprisingly, are varnished cherry wood, and both the carpet within classrooms and the tile of the hallways are the red of black cherry juice. This same deep red and watery pale blue are the school colors; the mascot, oddly enough, is a robin. It is located downtown.

Fvaar quickly added mascots and locations to Strauss and Evar: Market District, chameleon and Downtown, crane respectively.

Warwood Middle School.
Warwood Middle School, aka "The L",
Warwood is four stories in height, consisting of two equally-sized segments, each seven classrooms in length and two in width, set at a right angle to each other: there are 26 classrooms per floor on average, although of course some take up more space than others. The bathrooms and elevator (all floors), cafeteria (second floor), offices ( 1st floor), and library (fourth floor) are all located in the bend in the L.

Warwood is unique amongst schools in Bielefield and indeed most schools as it has exterior stairs crisscrossing the building. These are two feet wide and often the quickest means of getting from one class to another, but in winter most students opt for the small interior stairs located at either end of the L; the stairs are not shielded. They do, however, go up to the roof, which is the main hangout for the kids during summer. There is also a courtyard: specifically, if one were to draw a line between the end points of the L, it would be the boundary. Fortunately, said boundary is marked by a red brick border. The courtyard itself is a literal labyrinth, with the walls consisting of lilac bushes. There are occasional gaps in the bushes leading to concealed tiny clearings; these are often where one will find the shyer denizens. In the center of the labyrinth, there is an entrance to a basement like chamber, eight feet high and titanium-lined. It extends from corner to corner; from above it would resemble a square, but as it slopes at a ten degree angle, it's actually rectangular. This location is filled with standard auditorium-type chairs with teal upholstery, and often actually does serve as an auditorium/concert hall, largely due to the acoustics. Warwood's school colors are teal and deep orange; their mascot is an eel. A while back, the city received some donations of irreparable ships; as a result, Warwood's floors consist of various varieties of wood and the walls are covered with torn sail cloth. The exterior consists of aluminum siding over a concrete base. Windows are standard size, though of Plexiglass; their Roman shades are, of course, made from sailcloth.

After taking a brief break to watch the city... become real, Fvaar sat down again, adding some additional details-

Cherry Creek High School has a uniform: a sweater or tee shirt in either cherry red or the same pale blue paired with bottoms, which must be at least knee-length, in the other color. Accessories, jackets, and the like are unregulated. Cherry Creek also houses the EdM program, which is a counterpart to the IB program and stands for "Etudiants du Monde" or, as it's commonly translated, "World Students." Participants from all districts attend; a special bus provides transportation if parents do not. The school also has four tunnels running from each tower to the sloping ramp under the keep; there are hatches on the keep end which can be locked. On the tower end, the entrance is a hole in a wall of a small alcove; each hole is three feet square, and the tunnels four feet in diameter, lined with steel. The cafeteria occupies the fifth floor of the northeast tower.

Mohlu Elementary is located in the northwest of the Market District. It is surrounded by various installations, made primarily of aluminum-plated steel, which serve a dual purpose as fine art and playground equipment, including a large spiraling slide and swings which play notes while in use. There are a few students so adept on the latter as to be able to play a recognizable tune.

-and getting to work on the colleges.

Each of Gateway Community College's three buildings is quite literally dug out of a hill. As a result, they are dome-shaped, with exterior walls three feet thick; thinner interior walls are composed of stucco over steel-reinforced wattle-and-daub. During warmer months, one will often glance outside through a lattice of grass blades. Many school facilities, such as a gym, the pool, the library holding over 70 thousand books, and the cafeteria are located in the large three-story steel-lined (also stuccoed) rectangular basement, as are most rooms which are not simply standard classrooms, for instance labs and offices. School colors are pale raw umber and grass green; the mascot is a dragon. It is located downtown.

Bielefield University, located downtown, consists of six cylindrical twenty-story buildings connected wall-to-wall, each concrete under the various authorized and unauthorized murals adorning its exterior and 140' in diameter. The central star-shaped courtyard is moss-covered, and wonderful if one dislikes sun, as the only time it gets any is around noon. For the sun lovers, there are the roofs; these are flat and accessible via the elevators (which are 20' in diameter and in the center of each building). Thanks to efforts by agriculture and science majors, hydroponic gardens cover each roof in the warmer seasons. The top four floors of the northernmost tower hold a library with nearly half a million books and a wide variety of comfy seating; the sixth through eighth of the easternmost tower hold a cafeteria; and the entirety of the southernmost is a humongous dormitory. Hallways seven feet wide and connected to the entrances to other buildings encircle each floor; three foot wide corridors spiderweb between rooms, the exterior hall, and the interior elevator. School colors are sky blue and yellow, and the mascot is a gryffin. In case of emergency, a wide tunnel originating from the first floor of the dormitory tower connects it to the basement of Gateway Community College.

That looked pretty good. Fvaar returned to the other documents, making a few minor changes.

Strauss High School

The exterior of this high school is made from 9x14 sheets of anodized titanium provided by an anonymous donor, which lend it an intriguing artsy hodgepodge feel and high durability. Adding a traditional element, while the foundation is made of thick concrete, the outer steps and interior floor tile are grey-veined marble under a protective resin coating. Outside of the school stand aluminum statues of every deity worshipped on Bielefield's Earth that is associated with wisdom or knowledge in some form; these statues, each fifty feet from the school, are three feet tall, holding hands, and define the boundary of the campus. The school itself is a Greek-type spiral, square, looping around five times. Each part of the spiral is two rooms and a hallway wide. The walls are plaster coated with ivory and pale green vertical stripes, each one inch wide. Between the parts of the spiral is an equal width of sandstone path; as it isn't shielded from the elements, it is rarely used during winter. In the middle of each straight section of the spiral, there are two doors, opposite each other, one facing in and the other facing out. Like the rest of the school's exterior, these are formed of the anodized titanium, specifically of a few sheets cut and melded together to form doors one and a half inches thick. The knobs are aluminum coated with copper, as are all knobs in the school. Interior doors, specifically ones leading from classrooms to hallways, are of varnished pine. Classroom floors have indigo carpets. The four exterior and first interior iterations of the spiral are two stories in height; all others are a single story. The basement has walls and a ceiling of concrete 1 foot thick; in the center of each spiral segment, between the doors, is an emergency entrance three feet in diameter. There are small skylights, in the shape of vertically elongated hexagons one inch wide and (1 + the square root of three) inches tall, embedded in the ceiling and in the walls of the first four segments; these are made of Plexiglass 3/4 of an inch thick. A lush lawn surrounds the school, stopping at said boundary. All doors have locks; the exterior doors have very sophisticated ones. There are bathrooms in the center of the spiral, as well as a cafeteria and a library with over twenty thousand books and nineteen comfy chairs. School colors are lime green and red-violet.

Evar Middle School
This building's exterior is pale ochre brick. It is six stories high, and obelisk-like in shape. Specifically, the first five stories consist of hollow squares, 9 classrooms to a side, while the sixth is a hollow Plexiglass pyramid which acts as a skylight. Interior doors are either of varnished wood of some sort or of metal of some sort. A wide variety of window dressings adorn the Plexiglass windows; there are three per classroom, each 4' by 3'. There is one set of exterior doors; these are made of aluminum. On all floors but the first, which is not separated from the dirt, a half-inch-thick steel-plated-with-aluminum grating, with diamond shaped holes 1x2in, bridges the gap between the sides of the square. It is accessible via a single door on the northern side of the floor. The first floor has a lush garden, containing plants which like shade. Some ivy from this floor has crawled up to the others, providing a few odd spots of green. Interior walls are typically painted, usually with a cool color, although some, often hallways and bathrooms, have some or all of the natural brick showing. The floors are white laminate. There are two bathrooms on each floor, each occupying half of a corner room, holding three toilets including one wheelchair-accessible one, and being triangular in shape. There is also a three-foot-square hydraulic elevator, with a shaft of the same metal grating, in a corner of the grating near the door. It has a padlock to which all staff have the combination. The interior part serves as an auditorium, a cafeteria, and often a gym. School colors are heliotrope and gold. The library is located on the fifth floor; it takes up three rooms and holds almost ten thousand books. The sixth floor is only accessible via the elevator. The school mascot is a crane, and Evar Middle School is located downtown. Evar Middle School has a tunnel leading from the exact center of the first floor to the ramp below Cherry Creek High School. It is covered by an aluminum hatch and, currently, a pot of ferns. There are also stairs- two sets per level, one descending and the other ascending. These are located next to the bathrooms, and are usually locked. They are always unlocked at the start and end of the day.

Mohlu Elementary School
This school is triangular in shape, 612 feet by 816 feet by 1020 feet. Its exterior is dark gray granite which, due to micaceous inclusions, sparkles in the sun. It is one story high, with rooms and hallways spread throughout. There is a large Plexiglass skylight over the school, and sections of each classroom with thick concrete walls and ceilings. Specifically, each classroom has a closet, capable of holding twenty people comfortably and stocked with at least a day's worth of provisions, made of reinforced concrete. They're typically used for storage of classroom supplies. The bathrooms- eighteen of various sizes spread throughout the school- are also reinforced concrete. The walls throughout the school are reinforced concrete, with doors of aluminum with brass knobs. Most of the walls are pale cream stippled with indigo. The carpets are pale copper and stretch throughout the school. The two exterior doors, in the middle of the short side of the school, are anodized titanium, presumably left over from that high school. School colors are indigo and peach. There are a cafeteria and a library. The cafeteria, which seats 100, doubles as an auditorium; the library has nearly three thousand books in many genres and myriad comfy seats, most of them beanbags.

Mohlu Elementary is located in the northwest of the Market District. It is surrounded by various installations, made primarily of aluminum-plated steel, which serve a dual purpose as fine art and playground equipment, including a large spiraling slide and swings which play notes while in use. There are a few students so adept on the latter as to be able to play a recognizable tune. The mascot is the platypus.

Cherry Creek High School resembles a castle. Specifically, it consists of an outer "wall" two classrooms and a hallway thick, with a large exterior gate, and an inner "keep" which conceals an entrance to the "dungeon," otherwise known as the huge subterranean basement. Said "wall" is three stories in height, with rectangular"towers" at each corner, consisting of eight classrooms arranged around a sloping high-traction (vulcanized rubber on steel) spiral ramp. These are six stories apiece. The courtyard is quite pretty; the creek for which the school is partially named is funneled through all sorts of waterfalls and fountains which line the various paths; most notably, on the left side there is an arch consisting solely of creek water. The school also gets around a sixth of its electricity from this creek. Assorted lush vegetation grows in the courtyard, most along the bank of the creek; among the flora are cherry trees.

The "keep" is actually where administration, counseling, etc. are located. It consists of four rooms to a level, connected by "always-unlocked" doorways and trapdoors. Counseling is on the first floor, admin on the second. In addition to the doors between rooms, one counseling room has a door leading to a room 3' square. This door is enchanted- specifically, no one older than eighteen can open it. The door actually forms one wall of the room. The room is basically a tiny portion cut out of the four counseling rooms, at a 45 degree angle to these. The door blends into a textured mural that covers all four counseling suites. From the room descends another ramp-this one is steel coated with vinyl and functions as a slide. There is a rail at the side, and the edges are slightly curved. There's also a device to one side; a wheelchair can be attached (specifically, it's to be attached backwards) and it will wheel the occupant down safely. This terminates in a dirt chamber exactly pi miles underground, eight feet high, cylindrical, and of diameter equal to the width of the school including the courtyard. Said chamber has been spray painted with many things, including, courtesy of some artistic kid, a river so realistic that one expects to be swept away, until one notices the peeling paint.
The fourth and fifth floors of the northwest tower hold a huge library, lined with giant Plexiglass windows and pillowy benches; it holds upwards of forty thousand books and is a favorite haunt of many students. Bathrooms are scattered throughout the school, and there are two large (multistall) "chemical filled pit" type ones in the "dungeon."

The exterior is of pale gray stone. Windows are common, but most are narrow- nine inches by two feet typically. These have modern blinds, and on the first two floors interior windows are composed of safety glass. On all higher floors, on all towers, and on the keep, windows are Plexiglass. Interior classroom walls are wallpapered in pale blue, while hallways have matching tile. Doors, not surprisingly, are varnished cherry wood, and both the carpet within classrooms and the tile of the hallways are the red of black cherry juice. This same deep red and watery pale blue are the school colors; the mascot, oddly enough, is a robin. It is located downtown.
Cherry Creek High School has a uniform: a sweater or tee shirt in either cherry red or watery pale blue (either school color) paired with bottoms, which must be at least knee-length, in the other color. Accessories, jackets, and the like are unregulated. Cherry Creek also houses the EdM program, which is a counterpart to the IB program and stands for "Etudiants du Monde" or, as it's commonly translated, "World Students." Participants from all districts attend; a special bus provides transportation if parents do not. The school also has four tunnels running from each tower to the sloping ramp under the keep; there are hatches on the keep end which can be locked. On the tower end, the entrances are holes in walls of small alcoves; each hole is three feet square, and the tunnels four feet in diameter, lined with steel. The cafeteria occupies the fifth floor of the northeast tower.

Warwood Middle School.
Warwood Middle School, aka "The L",
Warwood is four stories in height, consisting of two equally-sized segments, each seven classrooms in length and two in width, set at a right angle to each other: there are 26 classrooms per floor on average, although of course some take up more space than others. The bathrooms and elevator (all floors), cafeteria (second floor), offices ( 1st floor), and library (fourth floor) are all located in the bend in the L.

Warwood is unique amongst schools in Bielefield and indeed most schools as it has exterior stairs crisscrossing the building. These are two feet wide and often the quickest means of getting from one class to another, but in winter most students opt for the small interior stairs located at either end of the L; the stairs are not shielded. They do, however, go up to the roof, which is a main hangout for the kids during warm months, even when out of school for summer. There is also a courtyard: specifically, if one were to draw a line between the end points of the L, it would be the boundary. Fortunately, said boundary is marked by a red brick border. The courtyard itself is a literal labyrinth, with the walls consisting of lilac bushes. There are occasional gaps in the bushes leading to concealed tiny clearings; these are often where one will find the shyer denizens. In the center of the labyrinth, there is an entrance to a basement like chamber, eight feet high and titanium-lined. It extends from corner to corner; from above it would resemble a square, but as it slopes at a ten degree angle, it's actually rectangular. This location is filled with standard auditorium-type chairs with teal upholstery, and often actually does serve as an auditorium/concert hall, largely due to the acoustics. Warwood's school colors are teal and deep orange; their mascot is an eel. A while back, the city received some donations of irreparable ships; as a result, Warwood's floors and interior doors consist of various varieties of wood and the walls are covered with torn sail cloth. The exterior consists of aluminum siding over a concrete base; the exterior doors are aluminum sheets over wood core. Warwood is located in the Market District.

Each of Gateway Community College's three buildings is quite literally dug out of a hill. As a result, they are dome-shaped, with exterior walls of dirt three feet thick; thinner interior walls are composed of stucco over steel-reinforced wattle-and-daub. During warmer months, one will often glance outside through a lattice of grass blades. Many school facilities, such as a gym, the pool, the library holding over 70 thousand books, and the cafeteria are located in the large three-story steel-lined (also stuccoed) rectangular basement, as are most rooms which are not simply standard classrooms, for instance labs and offices. School colors are pale raw umber and grass green; the mascot is a dragon. It is located downtown. Windows, naturally, are plexiglass; walls are some shade of pale green; tiles and carpets are varying shades of brown; and doors are typically made of oak or steel, with copper-plated knobs. There is a square elevator, 5' to a side, at each corner of the triangular basement, and ramps in the main buildings. Bathrooms are scattered throughout.

Bielefield University, located downtown, consists of six cylindrical twenty-story buildings connected wall-to-wall, each concrete under the various authorized and unauthorized murals adorning its exterior and 140' in diameter. The central star-shaped courtyard is moss-covered, and wonderful if one dislikes sun, as the only time it gets any is around noon. For the sun lovers, there are the roofs; these are flat and accessible via the elevators (which are 20' in diameter and in the center of each building). Thanks to efforts by agriculture and science majors, hydroponic gardens cover each roof in the warmer seasons. The top four floors of the northernmost tower hold a library with nearly half a million books and a wide variety of comfy seating; the sixth through eighth of the easternmost tower hold a cafeteria; and the entirety of the southernmost is a humongous dormitory. Hallways seven feet wide and connected to the entrances to other buildings encircle each floor; three foot wide corridors spiderweb between rooms, the exterior hall, and the interior elevator. School colors are sky blue and yellow, and the mascot is a gryphon. In case of emergency, a wide tunnel originating from the first floor of the dormitory tower connects it to the basement of Gateway Community College. Windows are Plexiglass, doors are painted the same color as walls, and doorknobs are brass. There are at least two bathrooms, one per gender, per floor per building.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:01 am

Bran thought some more. What else would he have wanted in Bielefeld, but never had the chance to add to it earlier before this chance had come to them, to change how Bielefeld looked, and worked. He didn't want too many things, but an Aerospace museum would always be cool. With the threat of vanishing into nothingness sort of gone, he got to scribbling down on the next page.

Further into town than the airport was, within walking distance of the building (Still pretty long way) sat a large building done in the same architectural style as the International airport downtown, except with a few alterations. This was the Bielefeld Air And Space Museum. Inside, directly at the doors, was the donation box, sitting for anyone to come and donate money to the team of dedicated and knowledgeable staff who manned the place.

6 different sections dominated the rest of the Museum, not including the Gift Shop and the Imax theater for viewing movies that showed every half-hour The first section went over the first days of flight, including various models (And some real examples) of early balloons, Wright Brother's planes, and a few other planes. It was a smaller section, mainly because of the difficulty of obtaining certain examples without needing to use recreations.

Next up, was the Military displays. There were two of them, one dedicated to World War 1 (Boasting a section of Richtofen's plane that wasn't looted upon his death), and then a World War 2 section as well, filled nearly to the brim with planes from all different participants. in the war.

The next display was for the Space Age, where things really got interesting. A large different amount of Missiles lined the walls, each with a display card and a small description of when and why it was in use, while the innards of this room were filled with various artifacts from space travel. There was a Mockup of a Mercury capsule, and an Apollo capsule (Both could be entered by the intrepid visitor, to find out just how cramped they really were), and then on the other side of the room, sat a fully assembled Soyuz spaceship, donated by the Branriech, and next to that was a Vostok capsule as well, similar to the one that brought the first man into space. In one corner, was a small section dedicated to the Moon race, boasting an exact replica of both the American Lunar Lander, as well as the Soviet equivalent.

The other display was for Commercial flight, with the complete fuselage of a 747 stretching down the middle of the room.

But the last display was the most interesting, and probably the most relavent to Bielefeld's history. In it sat several mockups of things that people would be quick to recognize as Drone vessels. Their sleek shapes dominated the room, all built from pictures taken on the ground that day, each with approproate battle damage from that day, for each of those ships that were displayed, were the ones that were destroyed in the battle for the old city of Vafflehelm.

Bran shrugged, not knowing if that was enough, but he felt satisfied enough that it was good enough, and if he needed to, he could go into more detail when a character actually decided to venture over there or something.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 pm

Cerillium wrote:Trice rubbed her sleeve on the Opel's side window. Their collective body heat had caused condensation to form on the glass. "I don't understand. There was a wall, and then there was nothing but then there was something. It's as if someone hit a reset button."

The Opel's door cracked open and she stepped outside. It was a Twilight Zone moment: no wind, no sound, just empty nothingness with dots of reality thrown in. It was creepy but beautiful. She bent down to peer back into the car. "What's the last thing any of you remember about the town? I mean, other than sights streaking by? G-Man, you were on your lonesome. Did you visit anyplace or were you going to visit someplace?"

The airport in the distance seemed like something Bran would create. It had an Ace Combat feel to it, yet was unique from it. "Do you suppose the others are out there doing this?" It had never crossed her mind that anything had happened to them. They were probably floating around in nothing just like her group had. But still, how? She thought she'd have to somehow log in to a computer and access a web site. Yet here things were. Written somehow? Fashioned with thought?

Smith looked at Trice in bewildering beguile as he thought back but only remember street pavement. He shook his head and added, "Didn't visit shit because I was forced in the car as shit disappeared. Though I was going to an inpatient pharmacy to acquire some heparin, warfarin, and Micardis. Buuuuuuuuuuut, that was blown out of the water. Why want me to create something? " he asked as his mood turn to pure joy like a toddler at Christmas time.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:00 pm

ApertureScienceInc wrote:"Sorry, I can't remember anything we passed..." PXM said honestly. To his eyes it all looked the same, and even less was saved to memory. But without much of it, he could see parts of the city in the distance. "...They could be fixing it somehow." He agreed, drawing the sheet of paper and pencil from his pocket.

The clues in his sketch and collections of quotes were either useless or he was too thick to figure it out. Why was the answer never obvious?

Germanic Templars wrote:

Smith looked at Trice in bewildering beguile as he thought back but only remember street pavement. He shook his head and added, "Didn't visit shit because I was forced in the car as shit disappeared. Though I was going to an inpatient pharmacy to acquire some heparin, warfarin, and Micardis. Buuuuuuuuuuut, that was blown out of the water. Why want me to create something? " he asked as his mood turn to pure joy like a toddler at Christmas time.[/quote]

Trice looked at the world starting to form around them. Schools, libraries, apartment buildings, museums... so many things emerging from nothing to take form. She wasn't certain what was happening although she realized that they weren't dead and somehow people were weaving magic. Her eyes fastened upon PXM's paper and pencil. Maybe that was it? Maybe the others were writing it?

"G-Man, take some paper and draw wings on this car? PXM, write that it can fly? If we can get back to the Building, we can join the others. I don't know if Chaos survived but look..."

Her hand gestured towards the south where the very top of the building glistened from some otherworldly light. "So there's a way home. Hell, maybe we can write that Smith's in a mech suit that covers his body and he can carry us all there, and to hell with the car at this point?"
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
ApertureScienceInc wrote:"Sorry, I can't remember anything we passed..." PXM said honestly. To his eyes it all looked the same, and even less was saved to memory. But without much of it, he could see parts of the city in the distance. "...They could be fixing it somehow." He agreed, drawing the sheet of paper and pencil from his pocket.

Germanic Templars wrote:

Smith looked at Trice in bewildering beguile as he thought back but only remember street pavement. He shook his head and added, "Didn't visit shit because I was forced in the car as shit disappeared. Though I was going to an inpatient pharmacy to acquire some heparin, warfarin, and Micardis. Buuuuuuuuuuut, that was blown out of the water. Why want me to create something? " he asked as his mood turn to pure joy like a toddler at Christmas time.

Trice looked at the world starting to form around them. Schools, libraries, apartment buildings, museums... so many things emerging from nothing to take form. She wasn't certain what was happening although she realized that they weren't dead and somehow people were weaving magic. Her eyes fastened upon PXM's paper and pencil. Maybe that was it? Maybe the others were writing it?

"G-Man, take some paper and draw wings on this car? PXM, write that it can fly? If we can get back to the Building, we can join the others. I don't know if Chaos survived but look..."

Her hand gestured towards the south where the very top of the building glistened from some otherworldly light. "So there's a way home. Hell, maybe we can write that Smith's in a mech suit that covers his body and he can carry us all there, and to hell with the car at this point?"[/quote]

"That's it?" He replied, with an attitude and a grunt as if to say really? I can do way better. He cracked his neck and pulled a pen brush, red ink, out of his sleeve pocket. "Bah, why mech suit and winged cars when we can have teleportation watches to get us to the building, or maybe jetpacks, or huge four legged robots that require all of us to work together in order to operate it like as if we were the original Power Rangers?" He asked. "Now, some paper please, I got ideas that need to be threaded out into this blank canvas and I so want a red power ranger suit."
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

Her hand gestured towards the south where the very top of the building glistened from some otherworldly light. "So there's a way home. Hell, maybe we can write that Smith's in a mech suit that covers his body and he can carry us all there, and to hell with the car at this point?"

PXM handed GT a flyleaf torn from the book he dumped at the observatory. "Jetpacks please, they need less... coordination." He commented before turning to the reverse of his sketch. "But I think flying cars are cooler." He added, directed towards Trice.

The old blue car, reminecent of the roaring twenties had a few hidden tricks up it's sleeve, courtesy of the resident raptors. The hubcaps fell away to reveal Tesla coils that repulsed gravity, and propelled the vehicle through ionic wind. Unfortunately, they forgot they did this for Charumati's wedding gift. Fortunatly, they left the wibbly lever that controlled this function in the glove box.

He ran out of space on his paper, it was all he coud do on that side. Holding his breath, he opened the glovebox to find the wibbly lever right there.

"It works? Son of a monkey, it works!" PXM exclaimed, holding up the wibbly lever in victory.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Trice squealed. Jetpacks and a wibbly lever? She leaned in and hugged Smith and then PXM through the window. A plan began to hatch. It was time for hood sit'n, which is how nearly everyone back home figured out life. She slid onto the car's glossy bonnet and looked up at the sky.

"Here's my idea, and y'inz don't have to go along with it. Why don't some of us stay at the building to find out what's going on? The others can use the jetpacks to fly overhead to scope out the town to see what's fuzzy? I mean, it's a long shot, and I'd like us to return as a group just in case there's something going on that we're not aware of. Some things haven't appeared yet, like Thriller's and Fortu's businesses. There are brochures at the building that define some of that, and I can copy off them, if we're actually writing things down or weaving words. And some of this stuff is brand new, too. I don't want to miss out on world recreation and building. What do you all think?"
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Trice squealed. Jetpacks and a wibbly lever? She leaned in and hugged Smith and then PXM through the window. A plan began to hatch. It was time for hood sit'n, which is how nearly everyone back home figured out life. She slid onto the car's glossy bonnet and looked up at the sky.

"Here's my idea, and y'inz don't have to go along with it. Why don't some of us stay at the building to find out what's going on? The others can use the jetpacks to fly overhead to scope out the town to see what's fuzzy? I mean, it's a long shot, and I'd like us to return as a group just in case there's something going on that we're not aware of. Some things haven't appeared yet, like Thriller's and Fortu's businesses. There are brochures at the building that define some of that, and I can copy off them, if we're actually writing things down or weaving words. And some of this stuff is brand new, too. I don't want to miss out on world recreation and building. What do you all think?"

"As interesting as the jetpack-flight over Bielefeld sounds, I'm concerned about crashing down into the ground," Temmo leaked off, scratching the back of his head. His widened eyes were about the only thing he'd shown for several minutes now, and his voice was gradually increasing in volume. He took a pause, and then continued on. "...OK, I lied: I want to check out what's going on with all this, and most certainly I'm not missing out on reinventing a few things around here.

"U-Underneath your supervision, of course, Swith! I'm not going to do anything you or Cer wouldn't be comfortable with, it is your world. But please, please please please~! Can I come to create things?" A girlish tone suddenly came out, forming up around the new creations that were arriving.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

ApertureScienceInc
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby ApertureScienceInc » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

"That height?... I may have slightly overstated my enthusiasm for jetpacks...if I'm in a fast moving, high altitude craft... I'd prefer the one surrounded by protective metal. I'll stick to writing about these things." PXM said a bit hesitant to actually use the jetpacks. He had so many things to write but never the time, which ironicly he had plenty of. It was an odd paradox, but he had nothing better to do but write. Even new ideas that came to him.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Erucia wrote:
"As interesting as the jetpack-flight over Bielefeld sounds, I'm concerned about crashing down into the ground," Temmo leaked off, scratching the back of his head. His widened eyes were about the only thing he'd shown for several minutes now, and his voice was gradually increasing in volume. He took a pause, and then continued on. "...OK, I lied: I want to check out what's going on with all this, and most certainly I'm not missing out on reinventing a few things around here.

"U-Underneath your supervision, of course, Swith! I'm not going to do anything you or Cer wouldn't be comfortable with, it is your world. But please, please please please~! Can I come to create things?" A girlish tone suddenly came out, forming up around the new creations that were arriving.

"No, you can't come," she replied in a stern tone rippled by the smile quivering in the corners of her mouth. "You must come along. The BPD could use some tweaking." She did smile then, grinning at him in girlish humor peppered with a few softly purred giggles.

"Let's pile back in. I've always wanted to say Pull the lever, Kronk to someone. I'll fly us... or try to fly us... back to the Building to give PXM and G-Man time to finish what they're working on? Super G should have it done by time we arrive." She looked over at the soldier in the back seat. "And why on earth are you covering your face with that scarf thing, Smith? You have a very nice smile, you know."
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
"No, you can't come," she replied in a stern tone rippled by the smile quivering in the corners of her mouth. "You must come along. The BPD could use some tweaking." She did smile then, grinning at him in girlish humor peppered with a few softly purred giggles.

"Let's pile back in. I've always wanted to say Pull the lever, Kronk to someone. I'll fly us... or try to fly us... back to the Building to give PXM and G-Man time to finish what they're working on? Super G should have it done by time we arrive." She looked over at the soldier in the back seat. "And why on earth are you covering your face with that scarf thing, Smith? You have a very nice smile, you know."

The look of sheer sadness and disappointment on Temmo's face lasted all of about four seconds, tops. Trice's sudden reply to her sarcastic comment caused an explosion of relief and giddiness from Eru, who nearly jumped in the air and yipped at both the allowance to write up bits of the city and at happiness over being allowed to simply go with her.

"Dammit Trice, you had me for a moment there!", he giggled wildly, hand covering over his face for a few moments. He quieted down for PXM and Smith's sake, on the other hand: it took a few deep breaths.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:19 pm

It had taken Snow a while to calm himself down enough to begin functioning at a normal level. By the time Trice was beginning to tease--Temmo? He'd only managed to force his eyes open and sit up straight. He didn't participate in the conversation taking place around him--didn't seem to acknowledge that it was happening at all. His eyes were downcast and empty--sort of confused, too. He'd snap out of it eventually, but the question of existence, and particularly the lack thereof, was a difficult one to shove aside. Perhaps flying through the air in an anti-gravity car would help.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:29 am

He woke up. He's confused. A bit. Whether he can make things up or not, it's something that should be done later. For now, he went into the bathroom, took some quick shower.

Isn't it great being in here?
It's not.
Really?
No, and stop speaking the hell out of my MIND! YOU'RE HURTING ME!
OKAY!

He went outside of his bathroom. He went into his kitchen and grabbed a cold instant noodle cup in the fridge. He ate it while at the same time, dressed in his casual clothes, black shirt and black pants. Sort of mortuary officer, eh? Black suited person. In clothes. After it done, he went outside, with his pistol and a wallet on his pockets. He walked and walked, until he reached the Communal Kitchen.

He loudly called:

"HELLO?"

Oh, damn. He's forget to take his medicine.
It was supposed to be "takes". You're a he.
Perhaps. What time it is?
I don't know, I don't have a clock.
I'm a schizoprenic, right?
Right. And it's your mind who's talking to you.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 am

Tilt turned around at the unexpected call. Looking up from his and Min's work on the Fish Market (which he'd get back to later), he waved. "New arrival? Consider me your own personal mass of red robes equivalent. Or your pseudo-Nazi equivalent. They're the OP-run characters who normally welcome new characters to the RP, but since we're the characters, well...

Can I get you something to drink? The refrigerator's fully stocked and still running. Stay away from the vending machine in the corner, though. You can ask it for anything, but sometimes it gets a little twitchy and gives out a completely different drink from what you asked for, at random."
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am

Tiltjuice wrote:Tilt turned around at the unexpected call. Looking up from his and Min's work on the Fish Market (which he'd get back to later), he waved. "New arrival? Consider me your own personal mass of red robes equivalent. Or your pseudo-Nazi equivalent. They're the OP-run characters who normally welcome new characters to the RP, but since we're the characters, well...

Can I get you something to drink? The refrigerator's fully stocked and still running. Stay away from the vending machine in the corner, though. You can ask it for anything, but sometimes it gets a little twitchy and gives out a completely different drink from what you asked for, at random."

"Anything. A hot cappucino, yes, that will be fine. If you can, I mean..." drifting from his mouths to this new character.

Well, this is interesting. Apparently, we can breaking the 4th wall!
We have a wall? A 4th wall?
It's for breaking into OOC.
Metagaming, you mean?
Yep. Wait, no!
Great, we're breaking the rules.

"Yes, a hot coffee, please." said Raka as he walked to the fridge, and probably try to get a hold on the fridge door.
"Should I try to look for the coffee pot? It's suppose to be around here, right? I mean, this is a kitchen, what can be so wrong? Oh, do you have a medicine for schizoprenic?"
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:36 am

Looking up from his state of not working on anything at the moment, Bran panned his eyes over to the new visitor. He didn't have any shred of an idea on who this one was. Was he an NPC that someone willed into existence? Was he another player that somehow joined the RP, and got sucked through their computer screen into the RP?

Because that second option would be pretty funny, even though it was unlikely, as Cer wasn't around the OOC to approve apps.

"How'd you get here?" He asked to Raka as he and Tilt went for Coffee.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Looking up from his state of not working on anything at the moment, Bran panned his eyes over to the new visitor. He didn't have any shred of an idea on who this one was. Was he an NPC that someone willed into existence? Was he another player that somehow joined the RP, and got sucked through their computer screen into the RP?

Because that second option would be pretty funny, even though it was unlikely, as Cer wasn't around the OOC to approve apps.

"I do not know. As I woke up, I already here, although last time I remember I was in hospital for a check up on my health. What is this place, actually? A sanctuary or a purgatory? Or am I just dreaming?" asked Raka.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Trice squealed. Jetpacks and a wibbly lever? She leaned in and hugged Smith and then PXM through the window. A plan began to hatch. It was time for hood sit'n, which is how nearly everyone back home figured out life. She slid onto the car's glossy bonnet and looked up at the sky.

"Huh, what?" Smith said as he looked up from the paper in front of him. "Too lazy, I'll just write in a UAV and a laptop to do some scoping, but first, I gotta blow Anderson Pharmacy out of the city with Dr. Smith's Pharmacy Bank. You'll love it all when I am done. How say you guys?" He ask as put his head back down into the paper.

It took Smith a little longer to translate Trice's question due to everything going on. He looked her in the eyes and replied, "Cause this mask thing is comfy." He breathed out and as he did so, his right lens fogged up. "Gosh dammit." He remarked. He waited for his lens to clear up before drawing again.
Last edited by Germanic Templars on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• INTP
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

XY = Male, XX = Female

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Looking up from his state of not working on anything at the moment, Bran panned his eyes over to the new visitor. He didn't have any shred of an idea on who this one was. Was he an NPC that someone willed into existence? Was he another player that somehow joined the RP, and got sucked through their computer screen into the RP?

"I do not know. As I woke up, I already here, although last time I remember I was in hospital for a check up on my health. What is this place, actually? A sanctuary or a purgatory? Or am I just dreaming?" asked Raka.

Fvaar squinted at the new arrival. Being in hospital COULD mean he was one of the teens or something... But she didn't see acne. Not really terrible acne, at least. He might be a player... But most players would have a clue at least about their character's apartments, if not the Building's layout. She'd need to be careful with wording...
"NS, RP, PL. Do any of those mean something to you, and, if so, what do they mean?"

The girl continued to scowl at her paper. Something just flat out felt off, and she wouldn't be able to focus well until she'd figured out what.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:21 pm

Trice nosed the car down the highway.

"Pull the lever, Kronk!" she gleefully shouted. For sake of moving things along, and with much apologies to PXM, the lever was pulled and the car flew. Trice was finally able to put some CAP skills to use and, thankfully, Neil and Gretta's gift didn't require her to adjust trim or fret over flaps and throttle. The car sailed smoothly over the developing down, veering around objects that suddenly sprang into being, and soon touched down upon the Building's front lawn (what little there was of it at the moment).

Ren had turned away from the window in order to write his own city bits. He was taken by surprise as the front door was thrown open and Trice and companions entered.

"We flew!" was all she said as she punched the air with a tiny fist. "It was awesome! And hi, peeps! Did'ja miss us?"
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse