NATION

PASSWORD

1914 AH RP - The Great War (IC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

1914 AH RP - The Great War (IC/Open)

Postby Marsisian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 pm

OOC

München, Hauptstadt des Königreich von Süd-Deutschland, 1. Januar. 1914

In the city of Munich, troops were marching and bells were ringing, the famous Munich beer halls were being filled to capacity, and the cold winter air and snow was present. Choirs were singing in the streets, and posters were being set up by soldiers in their distinctive light blue uniforms showing a map of the Kingdom with France, the North Germans, and Austria looking down on South Germany, and eyeing it hungrily. In the center of the poster, in Munich, a group of South German soldiers were shown with rifles, as well as the text "We'll protect this land with our lives!" Overall, it was patriotic. In the evening, fireworks lit up the clear night sky, and people were impressed. This would be the start of a new year for not just the Kingdom, but the world.
Last edited by Marsisian on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Graknopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Graknopia » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Toulouse,

Christian protesters pretested outside peacefully outside the city capital, showing how they hate the muslim leadership. French guards made sure the protests didnt turn into riots, but the protesters remained camped in the city center over-night

Northern Brittany

Muslim and Christians alike remained separated from eachother as per usual, but no protests or major dissent was taking place. Stores of food were well-supplied, the garrison full, and minimal discrimination laws.

Corsica

Corsica was a different story, peaceful protests still happened in the city, urging officials to allow Christian leaders into places of power. Occasionally small-scale riots broke out, but weapons were smuggled in by ships and given to the more extreme Christians on the island.
2% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 98% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Sa'dabad Palace, Tehran, Imperial State of Persia

Mohammad Ahmad Shah sat in the gardens of the palace. Sa'dabad was not composed of a single great building like the palaces of Europe; it was a collection of 18 houses inside a grand garden on the northern edge of the city. It was not the only palace in Tehran(there were also the Niaravan and Golestan Palaces), but it was by far Mohammad's favorite.
Mohammad's father, Ebrahim Sadiq Barazi, had been a noble in the old Qajar court, before he rose up in rebellion against Emperor Mozaffar ad-Din Shah in 1899. The rebellion had quickly gained popular support, and in 1901 the Qajars were driven into exile. Ebrahim Sadiq then declared himself Ebrahim Sadiq Shah and Shahanashah of the Persians, and made the House of Barazi the imperial dynasty of Persia. Mohammad Ahmad was had been born in 1887, before the uprising, and remembered almost everything from that period where he had gone from a mere noble child to eldest son of the Shahanashah and Crown Prince. His father had died in 1910, only nine years after his rise to power.... and here he was now. He already had two sons, Shahrokh Sayed and Ismail Hussain, and a daughter, Forough, all by his wife, Shahbanu Farah- he had to make sure that the succession was secure, of course.
The Persian shahanashah was not a constitutional monarch; he ruled with absolute authority over all of Persia, with no restrictions, and by the will of God. He entrusted his power to the institutions of the government, that they may do his will in his name. From Mosul to Jalalabad, from Kuwayt to Turkmenabat, from Baku to Hormuz, it was his will that reigned supreme. It was not an easy job, but it had great rewards; he was wealthy, he was powerful, he was prestigious. And because he was seen as a fair and just ruler, he was also beloved. If that should change, there was the military, but he doubted that it would.

Persia was a proud country in a good position as the 1910s passed by, and Mohammad Ahmad Shah was determined to keep it that way.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Trotskyivarian Neo Russia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskyivarian Neo Russia » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:43 pm

January 1, 1914 -- St. Petersburg, Russia

Something was wrong. The town square that laid before the Committee House was eerily quiet. A few citizens were going about their business, but very quietly. The twenty brilliantly dressed Tsar's Life Guard were pacing near the entrance to the Committee House; in which a meeting was taking place. The Tsar himself, and a few of the most out-standing autocrats of Russia were in that conference, discussing a way to stabilize the current Russian territory. These men were worried about foreign invaders. But little did they know, the worst threat to the Russian Empire would be from it's own people. The Life Guard had their bayoneted rifles at the ready, but were not suspicious of anything. This would be the perfect time to attack the Committee House.

Suddenly, thirty or so citizens, wearing red arm bands, and armed with cheap rifles charged the building. The Life Guard officer screamed "Halt!" and unsheathed his sword. He ordered the nineteen other Guardsmen to enter the rank and file formation, and fire their weapons; at will, into the incoming rebels.

As that was happening, one of the armed rebels shouted "Comrades, charge!". The rebels increased their speed towards the State troops and four of them fired their rifles. One Life Guardsman fell dead and two others were hit in the knee.

The Life Guard reacted quickly to the increase of speed of their foes. The back line of eight men fired their rifles, killing six of the rebels, and then the other seven Guardsmen charged into the incoming enemies with bayonets pointed straight out. The Lifeguard Officer fought ferociously, killing four or so rebels. He was attacked from behind and knocked out, then shot in the back.

The rebels also fought with great courage, but despite their superior numbers, they could not match the skill of the Lifeguard. With rifle support from behind, and bayonet support up close, the Life Guard slaughtered all of the Communist rebels. In all, the Life Guard lost two more men.

The Officer ordered the fit troops to carry the wounded troops to a developing hospital, about five minutes away from the town square. He then ran into the Committee House and barged in on the conference. He was shocked to see the autocrats and the Tsar hiding under the table; probably because of the gunshots. Needless, he bowed to the Tsar and did the same for the autocrats.

He began, "My lord, the Communists have just attacked..."
Last edited by Trotskyivarian Neo Russia on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiteshore
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiteshore » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Constantinople
The Queen of Cities was the capital of the one true Roman Empire was stirring as the Emperor,Michael VIII Laskaris was meeting with the first Social Democrat PM of the Roman Empire,Constantine Tsoukalos,Michael VIII Laskaris and Constantine Tsoukalos were discussing the problem of the Persian Empire and Tsoukalos discussed forming an Alliance with the British,Russians,and Chinese to contain Persian Imperialism and also a Romano-Polish "Eastern Alliance" as well and the Roman Military was mobilizing it's reservists.The Roman Empire was prospering as the constitutional monarchy system implemented in 1817 was succeeding despite some grumbling from Islamic Extremists in Roman Egypt.
Last edited by Whiteshore on Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

My favorite singers are Psy,Carly Rae Jepsen,and Katy Perry

#DownWithReactionaries
#StandWithProgressivists

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskyivarian Neo Russia » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm

January 1, 1914 (later that day) -- St. Petersburg, Russia
Committee House of St. Petersburg; The Tsar Nicholas II and a group of Autocrats have had their meeting drastically changed. They must discuss this rebel group; the Bolsheviks (Communists/Soviets). The Prime Minister has arrived to aid in the discussion.

"God dammit!", the Tsar yelled. He slammed his gloved fist onto the mahogany table, "Now we must deal with internal rebels as well as external threats!".

To calm him, Prime Minister Ivan Goremykin, set his hand on his leader's shoulder and muttered, "M'lord, they are only peasants. Did the Life Guard Officer not explain how poorly the rebels fought? Our armies could crush them in a single moment."

Victor Aleksandr II, an autocrat, chimed in; "Yes dear Nicholas, the autocrats and I will gladly help fund private armies to crush any rebellious activities in industries or towns. We will willingly pay higher taxes, it will help us in the long end. A stronger government means no Communists, which means better business for us."

The furious red on the Tsar's face subsided. "Yes, thank you friends, I think you all are on to something. Here; make dissent assemblies illegal, give law enforcement massive powers to kill and invade anyones personhood or home, ban Communist ideals and propaganda, and send troops to every town proportionate to it's population. Also, let us declare a strict curfew. Furthermore, I give the autocrats full power to create private armies; so long as their goal is to protect business and the State."

Mutters of approval echoed throughout the room. All seemed secure for now. But the present is not always a good device for deciphering the future.

January 1, 1914 (later that day) -- Moscow, Russia
Word of the Communist defeat has reached the secret Communist headquarters in Moscow. The leaders of the Red movement discuss what must be done next.

"This was a huge chance to hurt the Russian Empire. And we wasted it. Next time, we must be better prepared. Comrades, the thorough training and education of our troops is essential. Comrade Secretary! Spread the word that we are in need of more troops and more... artists and thinkers. Not only through a gun can we win this fight against oppression.", decided one of the influential members of the Communists.

"Here! Here! Well said Comrade!", said another member.

The rest of the council clapped and begun to sing the Red Flag, a song of freedom.

UED
Senator

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:51 pm

January 3rd, 1914
Vienna, Austro-Hungary

Franz Joseph I of Austria was pondering with his high command in this meeting on the situations of Serbia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria and Montenegro would all be great additions to the empire. Austro-Hungary also needed to modernize its military, his generals told him the poor state of the army. Some sections like the Hungarian and Austrian units were superb, but units like the Croatians and the Bosnians were horrible, due to the lack of attention and funding diverted towards them. Franz jotted down that mental note and continued listening to his commanders. Austro-Hungary could probably defeat Montenegro easily and stop any possible Serbian expansion, yet it couldn't attack Serbia itself, so the best choice was to economically and diplomatically strangle the nation to merging into Austro-Hungary.

His admirals now started their presentation, they complained of the state of the navy not being as up to date as the British, French or Germans, they could match Italy or the Ottomans, but that was it. His officers offered suggestions for Austro-Hungary making possible colonies in the remaining unoccupied territories of the world. Austro-Hungary had no lands outside of Europe other than its small area in Tianjin. While it was incredibly weak in colonies, one of his advisors who was quite young and a bit brash suggested that they set a claim on some of the tiny pacific islands. Franz thought it was absurd, and so did many of his advisors, but this young one argued that Austro-Hungary needed some land, no matter how small, to prove that it could also be a colonial power. Franz took some interest and decided that would be for later.

Then, he heard a request from some secret agents from another country in Europe that won't be stated for now offer him some land in Africa if Franz decided to help them overthrow their government. Franz was excited at the proposal and decided to immediately accept it. He knew this was a great offer and would help Austro-Hungary expand. Meanwhile, he decided to write some letters to the leaders of Europe.

To the Emperor of the Roman Empire, Michael VIII Laskaris

I am interested in a possible alliance between our two nations, we are the strongest powers in the Balkans and the Austro-Hungarian Empire would be excited to help ally with the other power in the expansion of our respective empires. Austro-Hungary is also quite interested in possible trade agreements with the Roman Empire. We hope we can establish a long and prosperous alliance.

From Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria

Franz knew he couldn't have territorial disputes with the Roman Empire or else it might doom his empire to a war with it in the struggle for controlling the Balkans in the future.

He then wrote a letter to the German Confederations of north and south

To, the Emperors/Kings of the German Confederacies

The Austro-Hungarian Empire is interested in strengthening our diplomatic ties with the German Empire. Though the ties are strong, it should be stronger as both Austria and Germany have had good historical ties. The Austro-Hungarian Empire is interested in possibly convincing Germany to back them up in any possible conflics they could have in the Balkans, though Austro-Hungary has no real interest in causing a major war.

From Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Whiteshore
Senator

Founded: Nov 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Whiteshore » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Emperor Michael VIII Laskaris,the descendant of Skanterios I Laskaris the Great,the Humbler of the Mamluks and the Ottomans received the message from the Emperor and sent a reply

To the Emperor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire

We would accept said alliance proposal of yours to guarantee Peace and Stability in the Balkans.The Roman Empire will prosper from said alliance.

Signed
Michael VIII Laskaris
My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49

My favorite singers are Psy,Carly Rae Jepsen,and Katy Perry

#DownWithReactionaries
#StandWithProgressivists

UED
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Whiteshore wrote:Emperor Michael VIII Laskaris,the descendant of Skanterios I Laskaris the Great,the Humbler of the Mamluks and the Ottomans received the message from the Emperor and sent a reply

To the Emperor of the Austro-Hungarian Empire

We would accept said alliance proposal of yours to guarantee Peace and Stability in the Balkans.The Roman Empire will prosper from said alliance.

Signed
Michael VIII Laskaris

To the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire, Michael VIII Laskaris

The Austro-Hungarian Empire is delighted by this proposal, it hopes that Byzantine and Austro-Hungarian interests in the Balkan are never threatened and that they shall mutually support each other.
Political and religious views don't define whether you are a good or bad person, unless you want to actively hurt everyone who doesn't believe what you say.

Granadeseret
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Granadeseret » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 pm

January 5th, Bordeaux: Seat of the Capet Sultan

The city of Bordeaux had long been a mix of for the Caliphate, not merely as her outlet to the Atlantic, and thus a hub of trade with the outside world, but also within her own domains. Though many of them had long since rotted away or fallen into disrepair, the harbor still contained the basic framework of many hastily constructed docks, built during the great colonial eras in the Americas, having hosted numerous ships full of furs and gold, numerous urban poor huddled alongside them, yearning for their chance in the new world. It was also there they had returned, on trade ships or missions, bringing back the unique blend that had arose from their interaction, breeding, and conversion of the local Indians, from the harbors of the province of Aztlan to the sugar colonies of Hispaniola. It also held a special place in the hearts of many, as the point of joining between the French and Iberian portions of the Empire; the River Garonne selected as the capital of their nation due to is special position as part of both sides of the Pyrenees. Its inland districts hummed with life, spitting out both smoke and the industrial goods, which would be packed up and shipped abroad, to the Americas, or Africa, or to one of the nations in the north, and their goods, when they were needed, brought in as well. Truly, it stood as a testament to the uniting spirit of Islam, as the Mosquée de la Victoire, standing atop one of the high hills, designed to stand just a glorious as the Orthodox Shrine in Constantinople in ancient days... part of a message long since fallen out of favor from a long-dead Sultan that the Roman Empire must be crushed. Thankfully, however, the citizens of the city lived in more liberal times... and while many in the army eyed the walking corpse that was Eastern Rome hungrily, it had become more matter of international policy regarding the "Greek Question"; the standing religious issues between the Persians and the Greeks, then anything else.

However, if there was one group they would have preferred to not be part of this beautiful diversity, it was the ugly anachronism that was the Christian rioters. Perhaps, before the Édit de droits naturels and laws heavily discriminating against Christians, they would have had a case for their rioting, their strange insistence on putting a Papist on the throne when the vast majority of the nation was Muslim and the royal line had been so for several centuries. Yet, like a stray cat, they came back every time their actions were tolerated, shrieking for more and more concessions. Off course, being on the borders mostly, it was easy for the normal garrisons to pull double-shift when things got ugly, deploying infantry as riot police to subdue and arrest the more disruptive protesters, and the other hot-spots had special federal funding to keep their police forces up-to-date to handle them, but the constant prattle was still an ear-sore to the government. So long as they paid slightly higher taxes for their religious privileges and accommodations, stayed out of the Chambre des Vizirs, and kept their houses of worship under a certain membership, they were treated the same as any Muslim... with all the rights and privileges thereof, at least on the national level.

In particular, there was the bothersome situation on Corsica; purchased only about two centuries ago from the cash-strapped city of Genoa as a place to produce silk so they wouldn't need to import from the Ming... but the locals had been a thorn in their side ever since then, local Capets less then enthusiastic to colonies the island. To this day, it would be generous to say 20% of the population was Muslim... the lowest percentage anywhere in the nation. The Chambre des Vizirs had tried all sorts of actions in recent years, even offering to give the land that they confiscated from visible rebels to any Muslim who would settle the island for 20 years and improve the property... but even that had few takers. So, the Army had to keep a very visible presence there, including the Eastern Mediterranean Task Group; 4 ships permanently stationed in Propriano, to handle any events that might require Caliphate intervention in the east... from piracy in the Red Sea to any potential crisis in the Roman Empire.

However, tension seemed to be brewing in the outside world... something the Caliphate could not afford to ignore. The ever-standing rivalry between the Papal Bavarians and their fellow South Germans and the Lutheran, Junker-dominated Prussian federation in North Germany remained a touchy subject for much of Europe, as Pan-Germanism was gaining respect in both the upper and lower circles... with the sticking point being which half of the culture should be dominate. Very few nations seemed to have taken a definitive stance on the issue, and the Caliphate was no exception... so long as it did not devolve into a crisis, both the Sultan and the Chambre were content with a divided Germany... and, thus, a weaker one.

However, the more concerning issue was in the East, with the last bastard child of the glorious Romans still clinging to her domains in the Levant. Her richest province, Egypt, had been under de-facto rule by the British for a few decades now, the local Arabs largely Muslim, and had a great deal of tension with Persia, who were making a noble effort to liberate her Islamic brothers in a game of power politics. Of course, the Caliphate had always been warm to their fellow Muslims... even if they were heretics, and would voice support to Persian claims if need be. However, they could not act yet... a crisis would develop eventually, and they would make sure they were on the right side of it.

For now, the people and government watched, and waited, content with their further colonial development in Africa and Asia. That was the key to power politics... never intervene without a good enough causus belli.

Graknopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Graknopia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:21 am

Corsica

In according with the leaders in Toulouse, mass protests began at the regional capital building. Thousands of Christian people poured into the streets to get Christian leaders into power. One of the protesters got onto the city-hall steps and shouted to the crowd, "We, fellow Christians, must repel the Muslims from Corsica, from France!" Protesters began pushing up against the regional administration building's front gate, specifically designed for this situation. Guards had been given orders to not fire on civilians unless they posed an immediate danger.

In other "Quieter" parts of the city, true "revolutionaries" were grabbing weapons of all sorts; everything from machine-guns to pitchforks. The regional guard would hopefully be lighter due to the protests in the inner city, giving revolutionaries the advantage. Weapons mainly smuggled in from Italy and Northern Africa were to be finally put to good use. A French patrol called to support the guards was en route to the city center, and as they were moving down the streets they were slowly getting surrounded in the tall buildings above. Many would die liberating France...

Britanny

Most Christians, besides the main Christian leaders, were unaware of what was happening in Southern France. It was a normal day of discrimination, attempted conversions, and a nights sleep.

Eastern France

Along the several German border checkpoints in "Christian" areas, revolutionaries (Many of which were not actually from this area, but Corsica) were prepared to begin small hit-and-retreat attacks on unsuspecting border patrols. Major cities were oddly quiet, even for a Muslim city. No Christians were out on the street apart from the few people ignoring the churches orders. Little did they know, a war was brewing.

Toulouse

What was left of the Christian population in Toulouse was demonstrating in the city center. Most wit weapons were either preparing for the journey to come or were arrested in custody. Large garrisons suppressed any attempted rioters, but it did not stop one of the leaders of the "People's Party" from standing out in front of the crowd with the soldiers to his back. They could arrest or shoot him at any time, but his death would surely cause a riot. He turned around and faced the regional building, looking past the guards and at the building itself, "The Christian people and the People's Party have grown tired of the oppressive Muslim government. Let tonight be an example of what is to come if our demands are not met." No one understood what he meant, as word of the armed revolution in Corsica and the eastern border regions have not yet arrived in Toulouse. "The People's Party hereby demands that the the Southeastern part of France, including Corsica, be granted independence as a new French Christian Nation. If the Capet's refuse, The European Christian Alliance will break down your doors and sweep through the country in a matter of weeks! We will call the British, the Germans, the Byzantines, the Italians, the Russians the Norwegians, the Swedish.... EVERYONE will collapse on this country!" Upon finishing his speech the crowd roared with enthusiasm, as he finished his speech he eyed several of the guards in the face. If they were going to shoot or arrest him, it would be now.
Last edited by Graknopia on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
2% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 98% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskyivarian Neo Russia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 am

January 2, 1914 -- Moscow, Russia

For now, the support for the Communists in Moscow was enormous. The increased amount of State troops that were sent too Moscow provided fuel for the Communists' anger and rebelliousness. Nearly all of the Moscow citizens had joined or heard about the Communists. It was only logical. In their words, the Communists promised economic democracy, political freedom, and best of all; an end to long and disgusting work hours and conditions. Even older; more provisional or simply more republican Russians decided to join the Communists; for the "provisional" government movement was too weak. For the provisionals, Communism was the lesser of the two evils. But for students and peasants and the working class; Communism was new Hope, a new Future, a new Life.

Vladimir Lenin, a out-standing member of the Communists, stood bravely upon an overturned State wagon. Five or so State troopers lay dead on the ground. Nearly one hundred and fifty Communist supporters waited eagerly before Comrade Lenin, hoping he would make one of his renounced speeches. Around fifteen Communists militiamen guard Lenin and his supporters. These guards wore the traditional Russian winter fur hat, simple peasant clothing, and, of course, bright red arm bands on their right arms. They also wielded stolen and bayoneted Berdan rifles.

"Comrades!", Lenin began, with a raised; he continued, "The struggle is here The struggle between student and teacher. Worker and manager. Father and son. Soldier and officer. Poor and rich. Oppressed and the Oppressor! We speak of this struggle, for we must endure it! The Tyrant Nicholas II must fall! We must not let him crush us! Value and power exists in all of our hearts. And it can only be used if we are free! Fly the red banner. Wield the hammer and sickle. Nothing can stop us, if all of the common-people of Russia unite! The State military is not big enough, nor faithful enough, to hinder the people's army of Communism. This is fact. Take assurance in your comrades, and their great swaths of numbers. Tell your friends, brothers, sisters, relatives, and colleagues to join the Communists! We must have freedom! When we win, all things will be owned commonly. The people who work in the mills; ought to own it! Students will pillars of society! Everyone will have a say in the government. And nobody will go hungry. Now that is what I call liberty. Now, let-------" Crack! Crack! Crack!

Three Communist supporters fell to the ground, screams ensued, and Lenin ducked to the ground. From between two buildings, twenty State troopers marched out, rifles blazing. Crack! Crack! Crack! Three more supporters dead.

The Communist soldiers crouched and used the wrecked wagon as cover. They cocked their fifteen Berdan rifles, in perfect unison, and all fired. All at once, seven State troopers fell dead and five more fell wounded. The remaining and able eight State troopers moved into a line and fired straight back at the Communist soldiers. Through disturbing accuracy, six Communists fell dead. There were now nine Communist soldiers against eight State troopers.

The supporters and Lenin were fleeing, but around fifty of them decided to do an unthinkable thing. These unarmed, unnamed, and supremely brave Communists charged the State troopers. The Communist soldiers followed that move. Suddenly, the State troopers found themselves hopelessly outnumbered in close quarters combat. Two more Communist soldiers died from bayonet stabs, and ten Communist supporters died from being beaten or stabbed, as well. But eventually, the State troopers were overwhelmed and killed.

This conflict occurred on the lower eastern part of Moscow. So while State troopers would not be here right away, they would have heard the gun shots and screaming. Reinforcements would be arriving soon. Thus, the Communists looted the State Troopers, shot the wounded and fled in all directions.

This day, was a simple, but bloody victory for the Communists.

UED
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:59 am

January 5th, 1914

Sarajevo, Austro-Hungary

After hearing possible secession attempts by unknown rebels, The Austro-Hungarian Empire had to hold on to its territory and continue expansion regardless of how others resisted. The Austro-Hungarians were meanwhile increasing influence in Montenegro, and were planning to annex the nation itself within a few months, once Montenegro was down, Serbia would be left landlocked, and then, Austro-Hungary's most threatening opponent would be on its knees. For now, it was a matter of time and planning to get Serbia in its un-desirable position.

Meanwhile, the Austro-Hungary Army and Fleets were mobilizing for possible action against the ongoing crisis in France, it had just mobilized some 50,000 troops and half its fleet in order to counter this possible threat that Muslim France posed. The Austro-Hungarian leaderships believed that Austro-Hungary and the Byzantines were the only ones fit to rule in the Balkans, and any attempt to stop them would end in a disaster.
Last edited by UED on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:04 am

Granadeseret wrote:January 5th, Bordeaux: Seat of the Capet Sultan

The city of Bordeaux had long been a mix of for the Caliphate, not merely as her outlet to the Atlantic, and thus a hub of trade with the outside world, but also within her own domains. Though many of them had long since rotted away or fallen into disrepair, the harbor still contained the basic framework of many hastily constructed docks, built during the great colonial eras in the Americas, having hosted numerous ships full of furs and gold, numerous urban poor huddled alongside them, yearning for their chance in the new world. It was also there they had returned, on trade ships or missions, bringing back the unique blend that had arose from their interaction, breeding, and conversion of the local Indians, from the harbors of the province of Aztlan to the sugar colonies of Hispaniola. It also held a special place in the hearts of many, as the point of joining between the French and Iberian portions of the Empire; the River Garonne selected as the capital of their nation due to is special position as part of both sides of the Pyrenees. Its inland districts hummed with life, spitting out both smoke and the industrial goods, which would be packed up and shipped abroad, to the Americas, or Africa, or to one of the nations in the north, and their goods, when they were needed, brought in as well. Truly, it stood as a testament to the uniting spirit of Islam, as the Mosquée de la Victoire, standing atop one of the high hills, designed to stand just a glorious as the Orthodox Shrine in Constantinople in ancient days... part of a message long since fallen out of favor from a long-dead Sultan that the Roman Empire must be crushed. Thankfully, however, the citizens of the city lived in more liberal times... and while many in the army eyed the walking corpse that was Eastern Rome hungrily, it had become more matter of international policy regarding the "Greek Question"; the standing religious issues between the Persians and the Greeks, then anything else.

However, if there was one group they would have preferred to not be part of this beautiful diversity, it was the ugly anachronism that was the Christian rioters. Perhaps, before the Édit de droits naturels and laws heavily discriminating against Christians, they would have had a case for their rioting, their strange insistence on putting a Papist on the throne when the vast majority of the nation was Muslim and the royal line had been so for several centuries. Yet, like a stray cat, they came back every time their actions were tolerated, shrieking for more and more concessions. Off course, being on the borders mostly, it was easy for the normal garrisons to pull double-shift when things got ugly, deploying infantry as riot police to subdue and arrest the more disruptive protesters, and the other hot-spots had special federal funding to keep their police forces up-to-date to handle them, but the constant prattle was still an ear-sore to the government. So long as they paid slightly higher taxes for their religious privileges and accommodations, stayed out of the Chambre des Vizirs, and kept their houses of worship under a certain membership, they were treated the same as any Muslim... with all the rights and privileges thereof, at least on the national level.

In particular, there was the bothersome situation on Corsica; purchased only about two centuries ago from the cash-strapped city of Genoa as a place to produce silk so they wouldn't need to import from the Ming... but the locals had been a thorn in their side ever since then, local Capets less then enthusiastic to colonies the island. To this day, it would be generous to say 20% of the population was Muslim... the lowest percentage anywhere in the nation. The Chambre des Vizirs had tried all sorts of actions in recent years, even offering to give the land that they confiscated from visible rebels to any Muslim who would settle the island for 20 years and improve the property... but even that had few takers. So, the Army had to keep a very visible presence there, including the Eastern Mediterranean Task Group; 4 ships permanently stationed in Propriano, to handle any events that might require Caliphate intervention in the east... from piracy in the Red Sea to any potential crisis in the Roman Empire.

However, tension seemed to be brewing in the outside world... something the Caliphate could not afford to ignore. The ever-standing rivalry between the Papal Bavarians and their fellow South Germans and the Lutheran, Junker-dominated Prussian federation in North Germany remained a touchy subject for much of Europe, as Pan-Germanism was gaining respect in both the upper and lower circles... with the sticking point being which half of the culture should be dominate. Very few nations seemed to have taken a definitive stance on the issue, and the Caliphate was no exception... so long as it did not devolve into a crisis, both the Sultan and the Chambre were content with a divided Germany... and, thus, a weaker one.

However, the more concerning issue was in the East, with the last bastard child of the glorious Romans still clinging to her domains in the Levant. Her richest province, Egypt, had been under de-facto rule by the British for a few decades now, the local Arabs largely Muslim, and had a great deal of tension with Persia, who were making a noble effort to liberate her Islamic brothers in a game of power politics. Of course, the Caliphate had always been warm to their fellow Muslims... even if they were heretics, and would voice support to Persian claims if need be. However, they could not act yet... a crisis would develop eventually, and they would make sure they were on the right side of it.

For now, the people and government watched, and waited, content with their further colonial development in Africa and Asia. That was the key to power politics... never intervene without a good enough causus belli.

A Message from His Imperial Majesty, Shahanashah Mohammad Ahmad Shah
Tehran, Imperial State of Persia
To Sultan Jacquemin VIII of the Capetian Sultanate
Bordeaux, Capetian France

Peace be upon you.

I have sent this letter to ask for your mutual friendship and for an alliance between our countries. While it is true that you are Sunni and I am Shia, and that the divide between these groups is a longstanding one, it is also true that you and I have more in common than either of us do with, say, the Germans, or the Greeks. An alliance between our two countries would be the premier alliance between Muslim powers, and would open up large amounts of trade. In addition, I should like your help in, shall we say, dealing with the Greeks, particularly their control of the Holy Cities.

Signed,
Mohammad Ahmad Shah, Shahanashah of Persia and Head of House Barazi
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

The White Horde
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The White Horde » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:06 am

TO Ilyich Lenin of the Communist Party, Russia
FROM Xiangcheng of the Republic of China

HIGH ENCRYPTION

Salutations STOP We sympathise with your cause and pray for your ultimate victory STOP The injustices that you have suffered are undeserved COMMA and it is hoped that the victory you have attained at present will not be so costly in the future STOP The few who align themselves with your aspirations offer several shipments of medical and military aid COMMA the first supply batch consisting of COLON
20 kg of medical supplies
10 machine guns of the type MG08
Ammunition for the above of the type 8×57mm IS
200 rifles of the type Hanyang 88
Ammunition for the above of the type 7.92×57mm Mauser
Food rations to supply 200 combatants for 5 days
We await agreement on a suitable rendezvous COMMA and are interested in discussing our terms of payment STOP

Yuan Shikai ended his dictation of the telegram and turned to the frosted window. Assuming Ilyich was successful, China would find itself a great, if weakened, ally. It was going to be a long winter, yes, but he foresaw a joyous spring for the Republic, and a new age for China. The only question that remained, however, was Japan, and if it would take the bait.

The great potentate of the greatest land of the face of the earth turned to the waning light of a distant crimson star and wondered what he would name himself once he crowned himself emperor.
The only thing stopping this baby is 0.07 mm of rubber.

May or may not contain boobs.

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:21 am

München, Hauptstadt des Königreich von Süd-Deutschland, 6. Januar. 1914

King Ludwig was looking at a political map of Europe. There, he saw the Capet Caliphate, taking up much of Western Europe. Then, he pulled out a map of the world. They had a lot of it. Earlier in the week, Christians in Toulouse rioted against Capet guards, and they reportedly asked for many nations' aid, one of them Germany. He thought, "Maybe we can get some land from this!" So, he sent a private message to the Christian rebels.

From the Kingdom of South Germany
To the People's Party

Greetings. We have noticed that you have rioted and rebelled against the Capet Caliphate. We shall support you in this endeavor with weapons, ammunition, and other supplies. We hope you succeed in your goals, and we will also provide diplomatic support for the People's Party in your crusade against the Muslim Capet Caliphate.

Signed, Ludwig II, King of Southern Germany
Last edited by Marsisian on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskyivarian Neo Russia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 am

January 6, 1914 -- St. Petersburg; Tsar's Palace, Russia

The Empire of Russia; Motherland cities/towns:

It has been four days since the two encounters between the Communists and State Troops, in Moscow and St. Petersburg. As the Tsar had promised, large sums of troops were sent to every Russian town. Their mission was to heavily suppress rebellious activity; especially Communist. However, within these four days, Moscow has fell to Communist forces. They have amassed an army of nearly 2,000 men and women. Most of the population in this city are in full support of the Communists; but their are some pockets of Loyalists. Many of these Loyalist groups have been stamped out. The cities Kostroma, Tula, Faroslavl, Novgorod, and Nizhniy have been influenced by Moscow's small scale revolt. Communists in those cities are currently fighting State troopers, in an effort to create a Communist union of nearby cities. Vladimir Lenin has been declared Chairman of The Communist Cities of Russia (Moscow, Kostroma, Tula, Faroslavl, Novgorod, and Nizhniy). Leon Trotsky, Alexander Bogdanov, and Josef Stalin are three prominent Communists leading Red forces in the previously listed rebelling cities. Only tim will tell the outcome.

Nicholas II, Tsar of Russia, sat in his grandeur office. He was infuriated and humiliated. One question throbbed through his head; "how did a fucking group of peasants manage to start a whole uprising?". Nicholas II was stumped by this self-inquiry. He had literally know idea how this happened. Four days ago, the Communists were just a blip of annoying-ness. Now they posed a threat to his entire State. Already, the Autocrats of Russia were showing great disappointment with his actions. He seemed weak and miserable compared to the other great rulers of Russia.

In a stroke of desperation, he called in his Prime Minister and ask him to organize a military force of 1500 State Troopers, and 15 Artillery pieces. This force would be sent to Moscow, to take it back and return it to the Russian Empire. This was a risky decision, as it would leaving the northern cities, along with St. Petersburg, less defended. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

January 6, 1914 --- Moscow, Russia

"Comrade Lenin!", screamed a younger man, who barged into the Chairman's office, "Look! Look! The Chinese have sympathized with us and are sending aid! They-- They--", he panted to catch his breath.

"Brother, calm down", Lenin said as he stood up and patted the messenger on the back, "This is great news, and was expected. All around the east of the world, Communism is growing. We will heartily accept their aid. Please have Comrade Dmetry Stotsky, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, read the Chinese telegram, and have him respond. Good day too you!"

The messenger smiled, and walked out of the room, heading to the Foreign Affairs office.

From-- Dmetry Stotsky, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Communist Cities of Russia
To-- Xiangcheng of the Republic of China

Encryption: High

Greetings!

The struggle against the oppressive Tsar is difficult and aid from Southern comrades would greatly be accepted! However, we cannot make a payment at this time. We have little money and I am also unsure of any safe rendevous point. Once we have fully taken the south-western cities of Russia, we will attack St. Petersburg and emplace the Communist government. The Tsar's forces are not skilled enough nor large enough to combat the large peasant and worker forces of us, the Communists. Once we win, China and Russia should strengthen relations immediately.

Comradely,
Dmetry Stotsky
Last edited by Trotskyivarian Neo Russia on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

UED
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UED » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:28 am

To the People's Party

The Austro-Hungarian Empire is quite interested in your latest activities, as this has been effecting France and concerning Europe. The very next actions you take might be determining the faith of European history. As a result, we would like to support your plans with weapons, ammunition, food and other supplies. The Austro-Hungarian Empire would ask of a little favor of you if you succeed, and we sincerely hope that you do.

From the Austro-Hungarian Empire

Ptolemais
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ptolemais » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:39 am

Great Shogunate of Japan

January 7th, 1914
Edo, Japan

The streets of the capital were alive with celebrations and food was plentiful. It was a welcome respite to the usual bustle of business and seriousness. Today was Constitution Day and it was always celebrated enthusiastically. 46 years ago this day, the Shogunate made concessions to its strict policy of traditional isolation to appease detractors that aimed to restore Imperial rule. Tokugawa Yoshinobu managed to find support by engaging in unprecedented compromise to the absolute military rule of the Shogun. This was how the Constitution of Japan was created. The Constitution acted more to drive the Shogunate in a different direction than reduce any of its powers. It reaffirmed the Emperor as the head of state and bestowed important diplomatic responsibilities in the position. This was a change from the Emperor being an ignored figure head, as he could now theoretically engage with foreign powers and make agreements. However, the Emperor must keep the Shogun apprised of the deals and both sides can veto any agreement. Besides these slight changes in power, the real meat of the Constitution was its effect on domestic and foreign policy. Isolationism was ended. The Shogun was legally obligated to pursue relations beyond the borders of Japan and accept outsiders who brought valuable skills. This is not strictly enforced, but is more a means to keep the Shogun from resorting once again to despotic home rule at the expense of keeping up in the international arena. The Constitution also outlines minor civil and political rights for Japanese citizens, including a largely rubber stamp parliament that acts as the voice of the people to the Shogun. The success of the Constitution has made Japan a global power with the greatest navy in the region and diplomatic missions around the world. Trade with other states is also conducted liberally. Japan was a prosperous nation and there was much to be proud of. The celebrations in Edo continued well into the night.

Edo Castle, Edo

It was rare for the Imperial and Shogunate advisers to agree on something. Rarer still was that they would speak together to the Shogun about it. They were worried about the state of Japan's resources. The rapid industrialization of Japan nearly 50 years ago had severely strained the supply of natural resources Japan had at its command. Protectorates such as Korea and Taiwan were not well endowed, and what little they had needed to be used for their own purposes. It was suggested that Japan expand once more. After meticulously considering all their options, it was decided that the best target would New Guinea. Most of the island was not controlled by a major empire so its acquisition should cause little disturbance or invoke retaliation. The Shogun, Tokugawa Kojou, was eager to show that we deserved a place among the rulers of old. He ordered the military to begin mobilization immediately and prepare to annex the territory that was not under British control. A combined taskforce of the Japanese Army and Japanese Navy was put together including 9,500 infantry soldiers, 2 dreadnoughts, 5 armoured cruisers and various equipment/support vessels. The organization should take two weeks and it was expected that they would make landfall on the third. The natives had little in the way of defenses, but chances were not being taken. The future of Japan may very well count on its ability to obtain this resource endowed island.
CURRENT:
N/A

FORMER:
Scandinavian Union in 1992 Modern Scenario (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=295466) [Co-OP]
Japan in 2016 Modern World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=283184) [Co-OP]
Canada in 2014 Real World RP (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=272910)
Great Shogunate of Japan in 1914 AH RP - The Great War (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=287302)
Orb Union in Pandyssia, Blood and Iron (http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=289399)
LIKES: Secularism, Meritocracy, Technocracy, Aristocracy, Constitutional Monarchy
DISLIKES: Militant Atheism, Fundamentalism, Radical Feminism, Plutocracy, Communism

Granadeseret
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Granadeseret » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Toulouse City Center

It would have been impossible not to notice the assembly taking place in Toulouse: the only real non-border hotbed of Christian population in the nation. They'd been assembled here back in the day, in the 1500's, when absolute monarchy was still the rule of the land and religious persecution common and acute, to create a sort of "ghetto" for trouble-making farmers who's families had yet to convert, and it had remained that way ever since. Granted, the rules forbidding them from leaving without proper papers had been repealed during the 1794 formation of the Edict, and the stripping of most blatantly religiously discriminatory laws, but many had decided to stay... making the prescience of the military training camp outside the city and oddity for something so far from the border. As the people had started to mass, a small platoon of infantry had been deployed along with the local police force to keep the peace... while they did have Freedom of Expression, it did have certain limits, but until they passed that, the guards stayed out of their way, merely blocking off the sides streets and partially re-directing traffic to minimize the impact these extremists would have on daily economic activity of the city.

As the cheers died down, however, the platoon leader let out a short burst from his horn to grab their attention, before replacing it with a brass megaphone, shouting out the crowd at large. "Attention, this demonstration is in violation of local, provincial, and federal laws against the active call for violet secession. You have 5 minutes to vacate the premise or you will be arrested." However, the guards descended upon the speaker, locking his hands behind his back and holding him firm as they repeated the charges leveed against him: firstly by the local government of Toulouse, then the Provincial council of Central Octania, and finally his crimes against the Crown and Council of the Caliphate itself. Assembled in such a tight area in such numbers, and with the guards holding rifles and the police with clubs, the disorganized mob would be easy enough to handle... besides, they could count on little help from the outside. Not all the nation's Christians were supportive or even sympathetic to their movement... they enjoyed many rights, after all, and enjoyed being part of the culture, and the civilians passing by on the side roads would just shake their heads, knowing the crazed actions of the extremists were just hindering their case to have the remaining restrictions removed, and soften the social discrimination... after all, how could the vastly more numerous Muslims come to trust them when all they ever heard about in both group's media was Christians staging massive separatists riots, attacking locals, and pretending they were above the law? The police positioned themselves as almost a pike-man barrier, prepared to physically hold back any attacks while the soldiers fired, if need be... but, hopefully, that would not be necessary, if they left in an orderly and civil fashion.
---

Corsica

In response to massive local protests, the government has issued an official "Moratorium on civilian and foreign traffic" to the island for the purposes of safety, citing that it did not want any foreigners harmed in what was a simple domestic issue. As such, an additional 5 ships were deployed from Barcelona, as well as coastal patrol craft from customs services and the civil coast guard, to keep the waters around the island under patrol, and the escort supply ships safely into harbor. Foreign vessels were politely turned away when within 3 miles of shore, informed that the Capet government was securing her territorial waters for the time being, and re-directed to another harbor which would suit their tastes. On land, police and military units were deployed to major urban centers, to keep a watch on roads and prevent criminals from taking advantage of the chaos, particularly along the coast.

---

(Response to Persia TBA)
Last edited by Granadeseret on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carathon
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carathon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Frankfurt, Greater German National Party Rally - 1914

Germany, Germany above everything,
Above everything in the world,
When, for protection and defense, it always
takes a brotherly stand together.
From the Meuse to the Memel,
From the Adige to the Belt,
|: Germany, Germany above everything,
Above everything in the world! :|

Frankfurt had always been a bastion for the Pan-Germanic movement. Even as the idea of a unified German nation emerged from the primal German tribes, it was one of the first settlements that could truly be called a city. When the Holy Roman Empire first unified the Germanic peoples so many centuries ago, it's powerful Emperors were crowned in it's square. In the recent decades, many Pan-German nationalists rose up, including the ill-fated Assembly of 1848. It even straddled the border between the South German Confederation and the North German Confederation. So it only made sense that the GGNP would make it's presence truly known in this splendid and historical landscape.

Over 25,000 members of the party had gathered in the city, waving the Black, Red and Gold banners of the GGNP proudly. The party had even gathered enough donations to have a professional band play Deutschlandlied, the closest thing that could be considered the anthem of the German people. And the fanatical members of the GGNP took it's lyrics as seriously as anything. Germania above everything. Even their own lives, if it needed be.

As the Partei Kanzler Reinhard Kriegler stepped up to the grand oaken podium over the massive crowd the celebration had assembled in the city center his men waved dozens of their massive banners, yelling patriotic slogans. "Ein Volk, ein Reich!" The Party's famed slogan. Germans were one people, and would not stand to be separated any longer by greedy Kings, Merchants, Jews or anyone else who would dare to stand in the way of the grand revolution.

Reinhard called for quiet, his personal guards ushering the banner waving men, curiously observative civilians and the young eager youth into a hushed, anticipative silence. The Partei Kanzler seemed to sniff the air, grope the emotions and sensations of the crowd as they awaited for his words. Slowly, in a tense manner he briefly glanced down to a stack of papers, before slowly wetting his lips. His gray eyes seemingly pierced the gaze of every young German in the crowd, almost as if reading their inner thoughts and reflections. He leaned forward, and then finally - he spoke.

"Today, I shall present a single question. Not to you, not to the South German Confederation or the North German Confederation or to the Habsburg Empire. But to the German People as a whole, to the very almighty himself. Why not us? Centuries ago, over the foam of the channel our Anglo-Saxon kin in the isles were split, warring among themselves over reasons as petty as their so-called Kingdoms. It took uncountable years of Viking raids and Norman Conquest for the Anglo-Saxons to take control of their own destiny, to unite themselves and establish their dominance over the isles they reign sovereign over. And now look at them - their fingers in every pie, their tendrils in every crevice in the world. Great Britain, they call themselves now, a far cry from the bullied realms of yore.

Look upon the Franks. Once they were minor tribes and Kingdoms. Until powerful men of action such as Charlemagne and their like united the fractured Realm. Now the French are only second to the Britons. Why not us?

Finally, look back to the Great Empire of the Romans. It's name sacred, it's titles and legacy squabbled over and adopted by nearly every great Empire upon this day. It too, was once a minor tribe of Latins, oppressed by their once-betters. And then, they revolted against those who seeked to press them under heel. They united Italia, and established their absolute dominance over Europa for centuries. Even now, their Empire's influence echos throughout the states of today.

Why not us? Why Cannot Berlin, or Vienna or Munich be known as the Fourth Rome? The Germans are possessed of the strongest will, of the most powerful spirit the world has ever seen. Yet our true potential is halted by our division. We may call ourselves Prussians, Bavarians or Austrians. Three Great Realms, and yet compared to the world spinning Empires of the Britons and Franks, we are meager. Greater unity is stalled by the Kaisers who profit and grow fat over the wars we fight with ourselves. A people should be of one body and one head. Not two heads, as if a monster.

Why not us? Why cannot we unite? Why cannot expand German sovereignity over all of Europe? Over the World? Why cannot we be called the forth Rome? Why cannot future generations in eons time argue and fuss over the greatness that was one the German Empire? There is no why. Why is a illusion. We can, and we will. The only thing that is stopping us from generating wealth, prosperity and dominance is ourselves.

So I say, when you leave from this convention go to your homes, to your families and tell them of the glory that will be told of Germania centuries after our bones have turned to death if they will only pick up these Black, Red and Gold banners now. Tell them that hand in hand, we shall stand against the daggers that seek to wound us. How your sons will no longer be forced into battle between their own ethnic kin. How our cities shall raise into sprawling metropolitans that will be gazed upon with wonder even as their marble surfaces and stilts have been weathered to nothing. Tell them that of One Volk, there shall be One Reich."

As Reinhard stepped down from the podium, amongst the cheers, curses and frenzied yells the band was given the order to continue their playing. The words and instruments echoed above the cries of "One Volk! One Reich!"

Unity and justice and freedom
For the German fatherland!
For these let us all strive
Brotherly with heart and hand!
Unity and justice and freedom
Are the pledge of fortune;
|: Flourish in this fortune's blessing,
Flourish, German fatherland! :|

Minor Actions -
- Fliers are printed and passed out in major cities in The South German Confederation, North German Confederation and Austria-Hungarian Empire.
- Members of the party lobby for donations and support from all classes of German society.
- Representation for the party is demanded in Reichstags and Parilaments of the SGF, NGF and Austria-Hungary.
I am from the United States, just so you know.

Male.

Graknopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Graknopia » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Corsica

In Corsica, revolutionaries went loud. On the buildings around the city and in the streets, revolutionaries began firing on the guards. Some protesters scattered, but the rest continued to push against the regional buildings gates while the men with weapons engaged the soldiers. A flag which was never seen before was hoisted up on to some of the buildings surrounded the complex. It had red, white, and blue colors with a large cross in the middle. On the part where the protesters were most concentrated is where the gates collapsed first. Men with pitchforks and guns rushed through the gates, assaulting the guards. In the outer parts of the city, small bands of hit-and-run groups fired upon patrols, and quickly retreating. Major ports were not assaulted simply because of the manpower in the areas, but government buildings were assaulted along wit various warehouses.

Eastern France, German borders

Christian revolutionaries eyed the border guards from a distance. On signal from a commander people swarmed out of buildings and began firing on border guards. 3 men on horses, most likely stolen, charged at stragglers on the outside. The border guards to revolutionary ratio was even, so it was unknown who would win, but that was not necessarily the goal.

Toulouse

The protesters who were severely outnumbered were well aware of this fact but continued to support the supposed leader. Some threw rotten food or rocks at the man who demanded them to dismiss and at the soldiers who were detaining the leader. In the middle of the crowd somewhere, one or two bold men raised the same flag being shown in Corsica. This was a clear sign that he was a revolutionary.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:11 pm

South American Colony, Cadet Caliphate

Caracas, South America
Life in the South American colonies of the Cadet Caliphate was relatively peaceful, for the Muslims. The Islamic government has instituted its Quranic code of Sharia across its borders. The government actively represses the many Catholics of Spain and France, of which have immigrated to the New World colonies in hope for greater religious freedom. The Catholics that had once enjoyed their time in the great European cities, were living in the predominantly Christian regions of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Panama. Despite having a Muslim government that focused on the spread of Islam, these Christians fled the European Caliphate in hopes to establish a better, more liberal way of living in the Americas.

Now, in the turn of the 20th century, the Catholics were ready to completely overthrow their Islamic oppressors. An organization of Catholic churches, who titled themselves the South American Catholic Organization, so as not to seem a threat to national security, rose up and based itself in the predominantly Catholic regions. Recruiting members left and right, and using bribery to get some governmental agents to cross their Caliph, numbers are rising exponentially. Their leader was Francisco de Miranda, a former officer in the Venezuelan Colonial Military. This man was incredibly adept in war, politics, persuasion, and diplomacy. With these characteristics, he will lead the organization to complete independence.

However, he will not be able to lead a revolution alone. He will need the help of more sympathizers, more Catholics, more Christians, and more powerful alliances. Therefore, he was begun requesting help in the dissemination of propaganda supporting Pan-Americanism and has also sent couriers to national leaders who might provide aid.

TO U.S.A.
To: President of the United States of America
From: Francisco de Miranda, Director of the South American Catholic Organization (SACO / OCSA)

Message: The Muslim Caliphate of Cadet has long oppressed the Christians within its empire. Believing to follow the teachings of Allah, they have actively suppressed the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech, fundamental human rights.

Therefore, we request that you aid us in our independence and provide foodstuffs and armaments in exchange for an economic and military alliance between us. If you aid, we will also repay any war reparations required.

Please direct any messages or packages to the port city of Maracaibo.

Sincerely,
Francisco de Miranda, Director del Organización Católica Suramericana

TO: South German Confederation
To: The Leader of the Catholic South German Confederation
From: Francisco de Miranda, Director of the South American Catholic Organization (SACO / OCSA)

Message: The Muslim Caliphate of Cadet has long oppressed the Christians within its empire. Believing to follow the teachings of Allah, they have actively suppressed the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech, fundamental human rights.

As a nation based upon the teachings of the all-powerful God and our Savior Jesus Christ, we request that you aid us in gaining the independence taken away from us by the Cadet Caliph and his agents.

Please direct any messages or packages to the port city of Maracaibo.

Sincerely,
Francisco de Miranda, Director del Organización Católica Suramericana
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Large map - http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/files/image ... p-1000.jpg

Royal Palace in the Royal Romanian Capital City of Bucharest -

The Kings official private office was located in the center of the Palace. No windows. But the office was in fact quite cold. Kept cold by a new American invention called an Air Conditioner. The whole Air conditioning system was quite bulky but not particularly unsightly. But noisy it was. That is why it was kept in a room next to the Kings private office. The cold air was piped in from that room. This was the first so called Air conditioning system in Europe.

The Kings office was lightly furnished. However, the furnishing were quite elegant. The furnishing seemed French but in fact were Romanian designs. The Kings desk was a normal size but quite elaborately decorated with gold and silver leaf. One thing that hit you when you came into the office was that the guest chairs were slightly lower then the Kings.

King Ferdinand I speaking to his Prime Minister.

I have been reading in the newspapers about the very worrying situation in Europe.

Yes your Majesty. The situation is becoming quite tense. Our spies have informed us that the Austrian-Hungarian have agreed to a mutual defense treaty with the Byzantine (Eastern Roman Empire). Then we have this commotion in France. Then we have two new political parties causing instability in Russia and the German States. The Austrian-Hungarians in a quite unbelievable move are even supporting this new Russian political group which seeks to overthrow the monarchy. I should point out that the Persians are also supporting them.

The King, somewhat frowning says. this is indeed troubling.

Your Highness, I find Austria-Hungaries comment that they want to expand more troubling then anything.

Yes, that is troubling. So what do you suggest.

First, we must seek alliances. We were going to ally ourselves with the Byzantines but they rather ally themselves with the Austrian-Hungarians. With Russia in turmoil, we really cannot count on them. So I suggest that we seek alliance with the United Kingdom and Polish-Lithuania. A Persian and Swedish alliance would also be quite to our advantage.

Very well, then do it.

Your Majesty, one thing else, I suggest that we remain neutral if a war should start in Europe. We cannot possibly get involved until we are sure we can count on allies. Also, we need to build up our military including modernizing it much more. Once we are ready then we might participate in any war.

One thing is for sure, says King Ferdinand I, if we finally decide do go to war we must liberate Transylvania from those Austrian-Hungarians.

Yes Your Highness, I myself will make sure that Transylvania and its majority Romanian population is liberated and brought back into Romania.

He bows and exits.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Warsaw, Poland-Lithuania

Prince Konrad looked over Warsaw. The city was lit up and the prince felt as though he was staring into the stars. The cool wind blew through his hair. It reminded him of his life as a child. Those memories were gone now, however. All that remained were the bitter emotions, kept locked inside for the past thirty-seven years. He had seen the world change. He had seen kingdoms crumble. He had seen his own authority completely stripped away. He felt bare without power. He would never have sacrificed his own feelings if he knew the Senj was simply seeking to take away what he had so adamantly strived to achieve. Now he was done. He could just kill himself now and get it over with. He leaned over the railing. Three stories down was hard ground. Would it kill me? He knew the answer.

"My prince!" That would be his aide, Antalya Kruscheva. She was a Russian who had moved to Warsaw as a child. She spoke Polish perfectly, better than any Pole could, in fact, and was the most qualified person for the task. "News has arrived, Russia is in flames!"

"Co?" What?

"The komuniści are rebelling against the Tsar!" Antalya was practically vomiting these words. Her face wore a worried expression.

"And? What is the Senj doing?" Konrad asked in a rather snide manner.

"They refuse to deliberate on the matter, they would rather see the komuniści win than assist the Tsar." She was on the verge of tears.

"Grab me a piece of paper and a pen." Konrad was about to something he had no right to do.

To: Tsar Nicholas II Romanov

I write this in an effort to represent best the interests of Poland-Lithuania.

We do not wish to see Communism rise. Communism in Russia is the first step towards Communism within Poland-Lithuania. I know that our nations have never been close, nor allies. We are the two beasts of the East, but believe me when I say that the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth will do whatever it takes to help Russia. Simply say the word and we will crush this Communist menace!

Last edited by Boriem on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse