NATION

PASSWORD

NSGN | Tyler Kazakov DEAT'd!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:05 am

Charax wrote:
McMasterdonia wrote:Lol at the Osiris v Lazarus debate. Defenders were against the OFO and were silent on the events of Lazarus (or in the case of some strongly supportive). The reverse can be said for raiders. Many people seem to fail to see the similarities between the two government change overs because it suits their own interest. Hypocrisy rules in gameplay, that much is clear.

Just pushing the boat out, the reason that the uproar was so muted in the Lazarene case was that all that really happened was a retheme and alignment change. Feux named Harmoneia his successor to the Phoenix Throne (or whatever it was called) in accordance with the inter-regionally recognized Lazarene Constitution at the time. Upon her ascension and her drastic measures to reform Lazarus, the forums weren't changed and no prominent members of the community were banjected from the region. These things were true of Osiris, and are key indicators of a coup. So its pretty understandable that there was more controversy surrounding the OFO than the PRL, really.

Harmoneia had no need to purge prominent members of the Lazarus community, as Feux had already done it for her.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

North East Somerset
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby North East Somerset » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 am

Just pushing the boat out, the reason that the uproar was so muted in the Lazarene case was that all that really happened was a retheme and alignment change. Feux named Harmoneia his successor to the Phoenix Throne (or whatever it was called) in accordance with the inter-regionally recognized Lazarene Constitution at the time. Upon her ascension and her drastic measures to reform Lazarus, the forums weren't changed and no prominent members of the community were banjected from the region.

What? That's just simply not true. Over 1/4 of Lazarus' Emerald Council, the legislative body of the region, were banjected for being "imperialists". Nothing in the Constitution justified this, and it was explicit that the membership of the Emerald Council should be removed by a 3/4 majority of the Emerald Council. The whole region was then rethemed with a large minority of legal participants having been illegally banned prior to this.

The primary reason an international uproar was so muted was because simultaneously to this all occurring there was chaos in Osiris which pushed Lazarus into the background.
Last edited by North East Somerset on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Duke, Balder
Lord High Steward, The LKE
Honoured Citizen, Europeia

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:51 am

Lazarus has always been in the background in the GCR's. No one really cares about us, they just use the name to attack other groups or people. Like Bel is doing now :P

Seriously though, Lazarus has never been this alive. I expect Osiris is feeling the same. Whats the point in holding a grudge over a region that your not a member of (not addressed to NES, he's allowed hold a grudge)?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Evil Lord Sauron
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Evil Lord Sauron » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:09 am

Cormacville wrote:As far as I know, in the absence of statements to the contrary, the UDL, the FRA (and all of its other member regions), 10000 Islands, Mordor, Spiritus, Wintreath, and whichever other defender regions I might be neglecting to mention still do not officially recognize the OFO as the legitimate government of Osiris.

Definitely clutching at straws with that. Mordor has never had any contact with Osiris under any capacity long before the OFO took over. It'd be extremely odd for a region that has had no relationship or contact to begin issuing statements reaffirming or dropping a non-existent embassy.

We as a region have no business in Osiris and have stayed out of Osiris from our own inception. During the entire 'purge' (for want of a better word and not wanting to use 'takeover' again) I was singled out and called an enemy of Osiris. Thankfully that tag was later rescinded. Mordor as a region, and myself personally have remained silent on the issue.

I've stated here previously that the parallels between OFO and PRL are similar and wish both the best of luck with their future endeavours and activity hoping that it provides long lasting stability to both.

If you like, so you can stop trying to drag us into whatever petty political thing you are trying to do, I can add an official Mordor header and post in our NSGP Embassy thread that Mordor has had no contact or relationship before or after the OFO takeover, and has zero interest in the matter.
Come and join Mordor

Enjoy the Black Gates of Mordor and the fiery pits of Mount Doom

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:30 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Lazarus has always been in the background in the GCR's. No one really cares about us, they just use the name to attack other groups or people. Like Bel is doing now :P

Seriously though, Lazarus has never been this alive. I expect Osiris is feeling the same. Whats the point in holding a grudge over a region that your not a member of (not addressed to NES, he's allowed hold a grudge)?

I wouldn't say I hold a grudge against Lazarus, or Milograd for that matter, and I was one of the few people who called what happened in both Lazarus and Osiris purges - what I am is intellectually honest enough to oppose such actions regardless of the ideological basis, alignment and objectives of those carrying them out; I didn't approve of either of them, primarily due to the importance I place on constitutional propriety. Lazarus is certainly more active and interesting than it has been since anytime I can remember, but the price it has paid for that is the abolition of genuine democracy and the rule of law. Is that a price worth paying? The pre-purge members of Lazarus who signed of on the process seem to believe so, but the Faustian bargain involved is not one I would have made. Milograd has brought activity, a new sense of purpose and relevancy to Lazarus; in return he gets to play at being a Communist Dictator. But from now on any rights and liberties you hold stem from his decision to allow you them, and should he become bored or otherwise feel like it he can and will make as great an effort to destroy Lazarus as he did TSP. When you make a deal with the devil, expect to get burned.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 am

Newsflash: Anarchy has been invaded by The Black Riders. Defenders are forming resistance forces to fight back.
I love kittens!
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.
I support The Eternal Knights-the only raiders who fight raiders.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

Anthony Willman wrote:Newsflash: Anarchy has been invaded by The Black Riders. Defenders are forming resistance forces to fight back.

*rubs eyes, sighing in exasperation*
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 am

SkyDip wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:Newsflash: Anarchy has been invaded by The Black Riders. Defenders are forming resistance forces to fight back.

*rubs eyes, sighing in exasperation*

If you want to help, contact me.
I love kittens!
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.
I support The Eternal Knights-the only raiders who fight raiders.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am

Anthony Willman wrote:
SkyDip wrote:*rubs eyes, sighing in exasperation*

Cut it out. This isn't your news thread.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am

Anthony Willman wrote:
SkyDip wrote:*rubs eyes, sighing in exasperation*

Just for perpetrating such idiocy across twelve different threads in this forum alone, I'm going to go support TBR in Anarchy.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

New Libertarian States
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Libertarian States » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 am

SkyDip wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:If you want to help, contact me.

Just for perpetrating such idiocy across twelve different threads in this forum alone, I'm going to go support TBR in Anarchy.

If I wasn't in so many defender orgs. I would too :P

@Anthony Stahp spamming threads, let Karp,DYP, Mahaj, etc. recruit and do stuff like this.
by Liriena » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm
Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of "No one cares".
It is the music of a people
who are sick NK waving its dick.
When the beating of our ignore cannon
echoes the beating of our facepalms,
there is a life about to start
when we nuke Pyongyang!

Literally a Horse
Not a Libertarian, just like the name.[benevolentthomas] horse is a defender leader in multiple region- whore organizations.
23:07 Unibot If an article could have a sack of testicles - it would.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:07 pm

SkyDip wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:If you want to help, contact me.

Sooooo,where is your endorsement?
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 pm

I wouldn't say I hold a grudge against Lazarus, or Milograd for that matter

When you make a deal with the devil, expect to get burned.

:blink:
but the price it has paid for that is the abolition of genuine democracy and the rule of law

Weirdly we have a lot more laws now than before. We even have a court system (bloody stupid things).
should he become bored or otherwise feel like it he can and will make as great an effort to destroy Lazarus as he did TSP

There's always that threat from any delegate. Hell, we've had JAL as delegate.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 pm

JAL was delegate when there was no ban button and JAL was never a legal delegate, he only obtained that position for a brief time during his invasion attempt.

"We" didn't have him as Delegate at all, he was simply able to capture the region for a short period of time, aided by the FRA pulling out of the region and leaving Lazarus to its fate.

Why Milograd agreed to have Lazarus be an FRA member is beyond me, given their abysmal track record and history of maltreatment. My only logical explanation is so his government can appear more legitimate and have better protection. I dare say if he couped the region tomorrow and started throwing nations out by the hundreds the FRA would still support him because the action is "not against the PRL's laws" given how they are now a Defender dictatorship and they really have no laws protecting citizens.

All of these "laws" that the PRL has dictated upon Lazarus do nothing to protect the citizens and impart to them not one single right. All the "Civil Code of the People's Republic of Lazarus" does is outline what behavior will get you banned from the region. The only true law in the PRL is "Milo makes the laws". Even the Constitutional Articles, which outline "rights" for the few Lazarus citizens that have "declared" their citizenship on the forums, states quite clearly "Lazarenes may be removed at the Chairman's discretion if the Chairman can reasonably justify it legally".

Considering the Purge that Feux was able to "legally justify" in the last government, I don't think Milo will have much resistance when it comes to that front. And anyone who does resist? Well, he can simply Purge them.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 am

Evil Wolf wrote:"We" didn't have him as Delegate at all, he was simply able to capture the region for a short period of time, aided by the FRA pulling out of the region and leaving Lazarus to its fate.

Why Milograd agreed to have Lazarus be an FRA member is beyond me, given their abysmal track record and history of maltreatment.

The FRA pulled out, as Lazarus's then delegate - you - had ordered your LWU forces to invade an FRA member region at the same time, and then tried to use the FRA's prioritisation of the defence of member regions as a stick to beat us with. It was undoubtedly a clever ploy (and one can certainly speculate whether JAL's coup was part of your scheme), but the only person who comes out in a bad light from that is you, who were more interested in scoring political points against the FRA than safeguarding the region you were supposed to be leading.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:39 am

You don't even have your history right.

The West Pacific's Black Sheep Squadron was the one who invaded the former FRA member region, not LWU. It was their pointman, and it was their operation. We were in Lazarus per our treaty obligations.

The FRA, on the other hand, remained out of Lazarus, even when the BSS' operation ended, for no justifiable reason other than pure spite. It was clear then that they didn't care about Lazarus just as it is clear now, by accepted a defender dictator that no one voted for into their ranks, that they still don't care about Lazarus.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 am

Pretty sure you were running the BSS then.

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:23 am

So what you're saying then, Sedge, is that the FRA only defends regions whose Delegates do exactly what they want at all times, not only as Delegate of that region but everywhere else in NationStates as well?

That's extremely good to know.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 am

No Sedge, I do believe the delegate of The West Pacific ran and still runs all armed forces of TWP. The Black Sheep Squadron was one such armed branch of the then named West Pacific Liberation Force. I haven't been so much as Minister of Defense in TWP, much less delegate.

Either way, your claims that LWU invaded a former FRA region during my time as Lazarus Delegate are false.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 am

Cormacville wrote:So what you're saying then, Sedge, is that the FRA only defends regions whose Delegates do exactly what they want at all times, not only as Delegate of that region but everywhere else in NationStates as well?

That's extremely good to know.

I can't speak for the FRA's current policies - bear in mind that I'm commenting on a situation from 2008 or so (I really don't remember exactly when, and don't have access to the forums that would tell me). The FRA didn't defend Lazarus in that circumstance, as its Delegate was involved in directing an invasion of an FRA member region. If his priority was freeing Lazarus, he would've had those troops removed from the FRA region and supporting him in Lazarus, which would also have freed up FRA troops to help him out there.

As for FRA prioritisation, it has always put the security of member regions first, a policy that can't rationally be argued against.

Cormacville
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormacville » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:03 am

Sedgistan wrote:I can't speak for the FRA's current policies - bear in mind that I'm commenting on a situation from 2008 or so (I really don't remember exactly when, and don't have access to the forums that would tell me). The FRA didn't defend Lazarus in that circumstance, as its Delegate was involved in directing an invasion of an FRA member region. If his priority was freeing Lazarus, he would've had those troops removed from the FRA region and supporting him in Lazarus, which would also have freed up FRA troops to help him out there.

As for FRA prioritisation, it has always put the security of member regions first, a policy that can't rationally be argued against.

I'm not arguing that the FRA shouldn't have defended a member region. Obviously, the security of member regions is going to take higher priority than the security of other regions. But that's only part of the argument you're making.

The other part of the argument is that the FRA didn't defend Lazarus because "its Delegate was involved in directing an invasion of an FRA member region." So what I'm saying is that what its Delegate was doing in and on behalf of another region should have had no bearing on whether you defended Lazarus, as there is more to regions than their Delegates and entire regions shouldn't be held responsible and punished for the actions of their Delegate in another region. Right?
Cormac Skollvaldr
Founder of Over the Rainbow

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Port blood wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Just for perpetrating such idiocy across twelve different threads in this forum alone, I'm going to go support TBR in Anarchy.

Sooooo,where is your endorsement?

Already there. Yours? :eyebrow:

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Cormacville wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:I can't speak for the FRA's current policies - bear in mind that I'm commenting on a situation from 2008 or so (I really don't remember exactly when, and don't have access to the forums that would tell me). The FRA didn't defend Lazarus in that circumstance, as its Delegate was involved in directing an invasion of an FRA member region. If his priority was freeing Lazarus, he would've had those troops removed from the FRA region and supporting him in Lazarus, which would also have freed up FRA troops to help him out there.

I'm not arguing that the FRA shouldn't have defended a member region. Obviously, the security of member regions is going to take higher priority than the security of other regions. But that's only part of the argument you're making.

The other part of the argument is that the FRA didn't defend Lazarus because "its Delegate was involved in directing an invasion of an FRA member region." So what I'm saying is that what its Delegate was doing in and on behalf of another region should have had no bearing on whether you defended Lazarus, as there is more to regions than their Delegates and entire regions shouldn't be held responsible and punished for the actions of their Delegate in another region. Right?

The FRA defends their member regions? This is news to me.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Cormacville wrote:I'm not arguing that the FRA shouldn't have defended a member region. Obviously, the security of member regions is going to take higher priority than the security of other regions. But that's only part of the argument you're making.

lol, don't start that bullshit again. The FRA can be fairly criticized for not being at the top of their game anymore, but even now they've been trying to assist Slavia.
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:
Cormacville wrote:I'm not arguing that the FRA shouldn't have defended a member region. Obviously, the security of member regions is going to take higher priority than the security of other regions. But that's only part of the argument you're making.

Says the one who made an enormous fuss about being invaded after you quit the FRA ;)
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay