NATION

PASSWORD

Of Shadow (Thief RP, OOC OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Of Shadow (Thief RP, OOC OPEN)

Postby Terintania » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

The first thing I will clear up is that this RP is NOT based off the Thief games

So, this RP is based in modern days, and you will play as a member in a 'Guild' of thieves. You will be presented with jobs, and you will have to plan accordingly to successfully accomplish them. I will be a sort of overseer. I'll have a character, but they will mainly serve to make sure no one does anything too stupid, or makes any decisions that will get the whole group arrested. They will also be the one to present your characters with jobs.

The jobs will start out small, but as time goes by, they will grow to become more complicated, more dangerous, and much more valuable. Will the Guild make a name for itself? Or will it all end in disaster? This all depends on how well you can plan and work as a team, using everyone's abilities to complete the missions unnoticed. Make a slip-up, and things could go badly. I won't always be there to catch you if that happens.

This RP will be located in a town made up by me. It's neither small, nor large, and contains many targets for a Guild of thieves looking to hit the big time. From houses, to stores, to mansions, to castles, you will have many jobs and many opportunities to make money.

The App: Remove everything withing ( and ) before posting your app
Name:
Nickname: (All the Guild members have Nicknames that they use when on a job, so that if they do happen to be overheard, their real names won't be revealed. Each person's nickname is given by the other Guild members, not self-chosen, so give a reason why they might have earned their particular nickname. Not necessary for new members)
Age: (Something reasonable. Chances are, not many teenagers would have the skill to become a part of the Guild)
How long have they been in the Guild:
Appearance:
Personal Items:
Skills: (Anything they're good at beyond the normal skills required to be a thief)
Position: (What position they have in the guild. This can either be rank, or something such as Tech, or some such. Leader rank will be taken by me)
Bio:
Extras:

Rules:
1. Use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. No one-liners.
3. No god modding.
4. Listen to the OP (Or any co-ops who might exist in the future)
5. Remember, your characters are only human. Don't go making them do things that don't make any sense for normal human skills.
6. Try to keep it as realistic as possible.
7. Be nice to your fellow RPers.
Last edited by Terintania on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Times are looking grim these days~

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Name: Ryder Conway
Nickname: 'Blade', due to the fact that before he learned how to pick locks, he would simply use blades to break them.
How long have they been in the Guild: About 5 years now.
Appearance:
Second picture shows 1. His outfit for missions involving more stealth. 2. His outfit for missions involving more agility.

Personal Items: Lock Picks
Climbing Claws for his hands and feet. They can get a purchase on most surfaces, save for the most smooth.
He has items for unlocking windows and stuff, as well.
Skills: Lockpicking.
Position: Leader/Sort of overseer.
Bio: Ryder is a mystery to the rest of the guild, and generally keeps his past to himself. (Muhahaha, being the OP I can get away with that! :P)
Extras:He has a dog that is usually with him when he's at the guild's hideout. The dog reaches about up to his hips, and has been known for intimidating the other guild members, though it never really shows any signs of aggression.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Gonna tag instead of waiting to finish my app first. Because my brains being slow...
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Corrian wrote:Gonna tag instead of waiting to finish my app first. Because my brains being slow...

Stop being slow, brain! :evil:

Samford
Secretary

Founded: Aug 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Samford » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

Name: Cliver Palmer
Nickname: Titanic, due to his physical size and ambitious construction projects.
How long have they been in the Guild: Just joined
Appearance: (Pitcha http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/medi ... UAP_ad.JPG)
Personal Items: Mining equipment, plastic dinosaurs.
Skills: Ability to open vault doors by crushing them.
Position: Noob
Bio: Some Austrayan guy notorious for being slightly weird and over-ambitious.

Russian people of america
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:45 am

The App:
Name: Armin hillman
Nickname: scavenger, meaning he is resourceful
How long have they been in the Guild: 4 years
Appearance:tall and musculer with short black hair and blue eyes.
Personal Items:bandana,knife for a second lockpicking method, lockpics, watch, bible,gloves,
Skills: disguise,able to disappearing ,martial arts, hacking can speak multiple languages.
Position: scout
Bio:he was born and raised in and around los vegas, his mother was poor so he learned to steal. He began to get better at stealing over time. When he became 22 he was contacted by a team of thieves. They asked him to join them and he accepted. He has been part of the group ever since.
Extras:none
Last edited by Russian people of america on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Yes, my nation has a funny name. It was originally a puppet.

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 am

Samford wrote:Name: Cliver Palmer
Nickname: Titanic, due to his physical size and ambitious construction projects.
How long have they been in the Guild: Just joined
Appearance: (Pitcha http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/medi ... UAP_ad.JPG)
Personal Items: Mining equipment, plastic dinosaurs.
Skills: Ability to open vault doors by crushing them.
Position: Noob
Bio: Some Austrayan guy notorious for being slightly weird and over-ambitious.

Terintania wrote:Remember, your characters are only human. Don't go making them do things that don't make any sense for normal human skills.

Samford wrote:Skills: Ability to open vault doors by crushing them.

There seems to be a slight conflict here :P I don't think any human could ever possibly open a vault door by opening it. Beyond that, it looks good.

Russian people of america wrote:The App:
Name: Armin hillman
Nickname: scavenger, meaning he is resourceful
How long have they been in the Guild: 2 years
Appearance:tall and musculer with short black hair and blue eyes.
Personal Items:bandana,knife, lockpics, watch, bible,gloves, grenades
Skills: disguise,able to disappearing ,martial arts, hackingcan speak multiple languages.
Position: add in a second
Bio:add in a second
Extras:add in a second

Something I see wrong with this already, but not really your fault. I should have mentioned that the rules of the guild involve absolutely no killing, so the grenades and knife wouldn't be allowed. Especially the grenades. If he had a different use for the knife, it would be allowed.

But yeah, if he kills someone, tries to kill someone, or even so much and intentionally hurts someone, there's a good chance he'd be kicked out of the guild. Well, if he kills anyone or tries to kill anyone, he'd be kicked out and possibly turned over to the cops. If he intentionally hurts someone, he may or may not be kicked out depending on the exact reason it happened.

Also, in the IC when it comes up (Assuming you change your character to fit), please use proper capitalization.

One last thing. Could you describe 'able to disappear'?
Last edited by Terintania on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:19 am

Slight thing about your App, Samford, that I missed. Could you make an actual bio, like, explaining his past and whatnot?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:53 am

i edited :)
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

I'm Declaring this nation dead. From this moment on it will live on as The Frozen Forest. This is for the sake of convenience, as i want to restart with a new, proper name.

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:45 am

Tag
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:21 am

Terintania wrote:Slight thing about your App, Samford, that I missed. Could you make an actual bio, like, explaining his past and whatnot?

I don't think you should be taking his app's seriously at all. They posted another app in another RP that made no sense whatsoever.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:16 am

Name: Lilian Mayberry
Nickname: None yet. She's new
Appearance:
ImageImage

Personal Items: Stuff you would probably expect from a thief. Nothing really overly noteworthy.
How long have they been in the Guild: Uh...a couple of minutes?
Skills: Nothing of note yet, since she is new.
Position: Um...new recruit?
Bio: Lilian grew up with her parents, being a perfectly normal girl for a long time up until a point in high school where she got in with some questionable friends, and they got her into things she probably shouldn't have gotten into. This being the habit of stealing, and breaking into places together. They weren't exactly a great group of thieves, though, but she quickly found that she actually...enjoyed the stealing. But one day, all of her friends ended up getting themselves arrested and she was the only one to escape, and ever since then she has dreamed to be a part of a better thief group than her worthless group of friends. Her dream eventually came true at the age of 22.

Even though she has been stealing for a while, and despite being better then her 'friends', she is still pretty average overall. And with exceptions here and there, she hasn't really done a whole lot of stealing since she was a teenager.
Extras:
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Russian people of america wrote:i edited :)

Could you explain 'able to disappear' and what the 'scout' position involves?

If you do that, and it seems fine, accepted.

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:Slight thing about your App, Samford, that I missed. Could you make an actual bio, like, explaining his past and whatnot?

I don't think you should be taking his app's seriously at all. They posted another app in another RP that made no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that.....

Corrian wrote:Name: Lilian Mayberry
Height: 5'4"
Appearance:
Personal Items: Stuff you would probably expect from a thief. Nothing really overly noteworthy, especially since she is new.
Notable Skills: Nothing of note yet, since she is new.
Bio: Lilian grew up with her parents, being a perfectly normal girl for a long time up until a point in high school where she got in with some questionable friends, and they got her into things she probably shouldn't have gotten into. This being the habit of stealing, and breaking into places together. They weren't exactly a great group of thieves, though, but she quickly found that she actually...enjoyed the stealing. But one day, all of her friends ended up getting themselves arrested and she was the only one to escape, and ever since then she has dreamed to be a part of a better thief group than her worthless group of friends. Her dream eventually came true at the age of 22.

Even though she has been stealing for a while, and despite being better then her 'friends', she is still pretty average overall. And with exceptions here and there, she hasn't really done a whole lot of stealing since she was a teenager.
Extras: Nothing

Edit it to fit with the proper app format and you're accepted :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Terintania wrote:Edit it to fit with the proper app format and you're accepted :P

Ffff, I was even going to check to make sure they were the same and I didn't.... :palm:

I'm not really here today.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Corrian wrote:
Terintania wrote:Edit it to fit with the proper app format and you're accepted :P

Ffff, I was even going to check to make sure they were the same and I didn't.... :palm:

I'm not really here today.

There's only really two differences, and one doesn't matter for you, since you don't have a nickname yet :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:59 pm

I fixed it, I think..
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Corrian wrote:I fixed it, I think..

Looks good now.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Russian people of america » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:33 pm

i took able to disappear off my app,scout means he goes ahead of the other's and makes sure the coast is clear. Does other, similer jobs as well.
Call me Russian or RPA.

RP Sample's:
Sengoku Rp
Fading Songs
Shinobi RP

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Russian people of america wrote:i took able to disappear off my app,scout means he goes ahead of the other's and makes sure the coast is clear. Does other, similer jobs as well.

Ok, accepted

Volvek
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:21 am

I know this isn't an RP based on the game Thief as is specified in the OP, but could you have a thief kind of like that? I mean just use a bow and a wide variety of arrows to help with heists.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
"Wewf Forever, Forever Wewf."
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"
IC Nation Name: Land av Ulvenes, or just Ulvenes

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 am

Volvek wrote:I know this isn't an RP based on the game Thief as is specified in the OP, but could you have a thief kind of like that? I mean just use a bow and a wide variety of arrows to help with heists.

Yeah

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 am

Name: Kaya
Nickname: Shadow
How long have they been in the Guild: A month.

Personal Items: Lightweight compound bow, lightweight quiver, different arrow types to help with heists, combination of grip and spiked climbing gloves, boots with retractable climbing spikes, lock picks, skin tight rubber suit that's pitch black in color with some leather padding and muffled boots, locket with her parents' faces in it.
Skills: Archery, stealth, and parkour, though with a quiver and bow it's significantly harder.
Position: Thief. (Not sure what the ranks are or what I'd qualify for).
Bio: Kaya grew up poor on the streets of the city, she never really knew her parents and only has her locket to remember them by. She had to steal for every meal and at first always got caught but quickly learned the 'tricks of the trade' or used her slim figure to out maneuver any pursuers. She only has a basic education, not ever having set foot inside a school, but knows her way around a heist. At age 12 she learned from stealing from an archery school that utilizing specialized arrows can allow her to take her thieving from a whole 'nother level. She then stole money and joined the club to learn archery. With the skills that she learned, she quit and uses these skills to pull heists.
About a month ago, she heard that there was a guild of sorts of thieves and she nearly jumped at the chance to join it.
Extras: None.
"Is it? Or is it so ridiculous it's the most ridiculously perfect idea you've never thought of?"

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Volvek wrote:Name: Kaya
Nickname: Shadow
How long have they been in the Guild: A month.

Personal Items: Lightweight compound bow, lightweight quiver, different arrow types to help with heists, combination of grip and spiked climbing gloves, boots with retractable climbing spikes, lock picks, skin tight rubber suit that's pitch black in color with some leather padding and muffled boots, locket with her parents' faces in it.
Skills: Archery, stealth, and parkour, though with a quiver and bow it's significantly harder.
Position: Thief. (Not sure what the ranks are or what I'd qualify for).
Bio: Kaya grew up poor on the streets of the city, she never really knew her parents and only has her locket to remember them by. She had to steal for every meal and at first always got caught but quickly learned the 'tricks of the trade' or used her slim figure to out maneuver any pursuers. She only has a basic education, not ever having set foot inside a school, but knows her way around a heist. At age 12 she learned from stealing from an archery school that utilizing specialized arrows can allow her to take her thieving from a whole 'nother level. She then stole money and joined the club to learn archery. With the skills that she learned, she quit and uses these skills to pull heists.
About a month ago, she heard that there was a guild of sorts of thieves and she nearly jumped at the chance to join it.
Extras: None.

Accepted

Volvek
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Volvek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Awesome.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Definitely not a tag.
Signatures are so 2014.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse