NATION

PASSWORD

Shipwrecked!HMS Phoenix Survival RP, OOC OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Do we...?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Abandon ship & risk the elements
60%
Wait for the Storm to blow itself out
40%

Total votes : 5

Phoenix2012
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Shipwrecked!HMS Phoenix Survival RP, OOC OPEN

Postby Phoenix2012 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am

NOTE: We are OPEN!
The IC is up:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=284297

All rpers welcome...
We are in need of:
Natives
Surgeon
Carpenter
Smith

Special:
Scientist
Missionary
Marines

and just a few more people in general
Thanks!

The Wreck of the HMS Phoenix

With a sudden jerk, the Frigate Phoenix is driven hard aground on the beach of a strange island. The wind continues howling through the tangled rigging, and the waves continue pounding against the wooded sides. It is clear that the ship is doomed, broken by the elements. What was once a proud ship will soon be a wreckage of wood and iron....
The voyage began 16 weeks prior to the grounding. HMS Phoenix, a 38gun frigate of the Royal Navy set sail on the 16th of May, 1798 bound for India. Her crew consisted of 300 men, many of them convicts, landsmen, and foreign sailors. An extra 30 prisoners were captured after a battle with a foreign frigate exiting the Mediterranean. After going around the Cape, the ship was caught in a violent storm, blowing her hundreds of miles off course. The Storm raged for more than three weeks, and on the 21st of August, land was sighted, several minutes later, the ship was driven hard aground.
The islands were not on any of the few charts intact, and are far from any shipping lanes. The fate of the crew will be decided by their actions....
What will you do?.....

So, as you can tell, this is a survival rp. You will play one of the 300 crew stranded. The possibilities are endless, and fate is what you make it.
That being said, this is in the late 18th century, and the technologies and knowledge is expected to be historically accurate.
This rp will take place in a chain of Islands in the Indian/South Pacific. Weapons will be limited, as well as supplies.
Remember, there is a possiblity for many diverse and unique characters, as the British Navy forced sailors of many nationalities
to serve on their ships. You can play as a sailor, a prisoner, or as a passenger. Keep things realistic, and have fun!

Rules:
Basically, I am the OP, my word is law
CoOPs are the extension of law
Don't be stupid
BE REALISTIC
I frown upon one liners
Have FUN!
APP
Name:William Nelson
Appearance (Image or Description. Either works)

Nationality: English

Personality:William is a very calm man, sometimes cold and calculating, and others warm and friendly. Fiercely loyal, he keeps his promises
In the past, he was known as a dashing young officer in the Royal Navy, in command of the 18 Gun Sloop of war, Raptor, and gained a reputation for being a good captain, and always cool and calm in the face of danger.

Skills:
William is a good comander, and understanding of those he commands. He is usually fair, and is liked by the crew. He is also a very quick thinker, reacting quickly if danger presents itself.

Bio: William was born the son of a Naval Officer, who often spent his time at sea. His love for the sea, therefore, began at a young age. He often left his house to live with his uncle, who was a colonial in the Army, and disliked all things related to the sea. At his estate, William learned the arts of warfare on land, before running away aboard a frigated commanded by a friend of his father. When he turned 18, he joined the Royal Navy, and was immediately promoted to a lieutenate. After a few years, he recieved a command of his own, a sloop of war, the HMS Raptor. For his outstanding skills, he was given a new command, the HMS Phoenix, and has been noted also for successful actions against the enemy...

App:
Name
Appearance
Personality
Skills
Bio

Characters:

Officers
Crew
(Sailors, carpenter, gunner, midshipmen, marines, ect.)
Prisoners
Passengers
Natives (tg me for this)
Other

Accpted:
Saragrossa
Gibberan -CoOp
The Nation of Hay
Valrifell
Kahlenberg
Liecthenbourg
Ardolf
Last edited by Phoenix2012 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Going to RP as number 2 of the frigate that was captured which was a spanish privateer?

Character Application;
Name: Hernan Manuel Garcia
Profession: Professional Naval Cadet
Appearance: 5'9, 180 lbs. Bearded, slender but toned and in good physical shape
Nationality; Spaniard
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Saragrossa wrote:Going to RP as number 2 of the frigate that was captured which was a spanish privateer?

Character Application;
Nationality; Spaniard

Could you write a short bio?

Saragrossa
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saragrossa » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:
Saragrossa wrote:Going to RP as number 2 of the frigate that was captured which was a spanish privateer?

Character Application;
Nationality; Spaniard

Could you write a short bio?

I will, this was a tag for interest mostly since i am posting from an iphone
" For Death & Glory "
Factbook of Saragrossa

Political Compass;

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.69

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Name: Commander Alexander Smollet
Appearance

Skills: He is a good planner and tactician, and has served with the military from an early age, so he knows what order is.
Bio Alexander Smollett is a career sailor, from an early age enlisting in the Royal Navy. He is obsessed with duty and expects all orders, whether his or those of a superior officer, to be followed to the letter, although he does have a brighter side to him. He is now quartermaster on the Pheonix.

I'll co-op, if needed
Last edited by Gibberan on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 pm

App:

Name: Kwasi Ayotunde
Appearance: Jamaicany. Dreadlocks, beard, the whole shebang.
Skills: Cunning and agile, Kwasi can often get himself out of a jam. Years on a plantation hardened him, and he has a dog-like loyalty as well as a good work ethic and an innate survival instinct.
Bio: As a boy, Kwasi worked on a sugar plantation in the French Caribbean. He was born into slavery as both his parents were slaves, brought to the island from Africa. By the age of sixteen, both his parents had died, and he was left to work his master's land without them. Soon after, Kwasi's master fell ill and died.

Kwasi was then sold to the highest bidder, a wealthy Englishman who owned a substantial amount of land nearby. At the age of twenty-five, he escaped this new master, and began a life on the run. He could not get a job in town, and he had no money. For the next few years, he lived off of the land, hunting and foraging for his food, never staying in the same place for too long. He occasionally stumbled across white travelers, whom he often robbed.

After years of this lifestyle, Kwasi was captured by another Englishman, who took him to a ship with it's course set for India.
sig rework in progress

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 am

I'm interested, I'll try to get an app up.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:43 pm

All Accepted

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:All Accepted

Yay!

When will IC be up? Not to put you on the spot, of course.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:02 pm

App:
Name: Aedan McConhaigh
Appearance: A plump, scruffy old pirate, with grey strokes covering his beard and long hair. He his 5'8" and as said before rather fat, however, he is built up better than initially expected to be, no where near where a normal man should be, but better than expected.
Skills: As he was once a pirate captain, he is a natural leader, resourceful too, getting himself off a British Man O' War with nothing but a bottle of whiskey and a small knife.
Bio: As said twice before, Aedan was once the most feared pirate of the Caribbean, he sailed with freedom and cheeriness in his heart and soul for roughly thirty years. All of that changed on his 40th birthday when he had bitten off more than he could chew, a Spanish fleet, worth all the gold in the world, every man wanted it, but Aedan was the man for the job. It was supposed to be his last too, all of that changed when a mutiny arose sometime intercepting the fleet. Aedan had been kind to his crew in his early years but slowly drifted into an angry old man with the fall of Nassau and the death of all his closest companions. His former crew sent him away on a small life boat due north, ironically, his ship was easily defeated by the Spanish fleet and there were no survivors.

Eventually, Aedan was captured by a British frigate, by that time he was dehydrated and starving. So he went down without a fight, the last pirate of the Caribbean had been captured at last. He was shipped back to Britain were he would spend twenty seven years of his life rotting in a British prison, he had somehow managed to survive the terrible conditions, until it was time for him to board a ship known as the HMS Phoenix to India, almost needless to say, he was very happy to leave his prison, but also happy to have an opportunity to attempt to take the ship! Sadly, this would never come into fruition for the pirate, as, the ship crashed hours before he could put his plan into action.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:59 pm

Gibberan wrote:
Phoenix2012 wrote:All Accepted

Yay!

When will IC be up? Not to put you on the spot, of course.

I'm hoping the middle of the week, if things work out.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Valrifell wrote:App:
Appearance: A plump, scruffy old pirate, with grey strokes covering his beard and long hair. He his 5'8" and as said before rather fat, however, he is built up better than initially expected to be, no where near where a normal man should be, but better than expected.
Skills: As he was once a pirate captain, he is a natural leader, resourceful too, getting himself off a British Man O' War with nothing but a bottle of whiskey and a small knife.
Bio: As said twice before, Aedan was once the most feared pirate of the Caribbean, he sailed with freedom and cheeriness in his heart and soul for roughly thirty years. All of that changed on his 40th birthday when he had bitten off more than he could chew, a Spanish fleet, worth all the gold in the world, every man wanted it, but Aedan was the man for the job. It was supposed to be his last too, all of that changed when a mutiny arose sometime intercepting the fleet. Aedan had been kind to his crew in his early years but slowly drifted into an angry old man with the fall of Nassau and the death of all his closest companions. His former crew sent him away on a small life boat due north, ironically, his ship was easily defeated by the Spanish fleet and there were no survivors.

Eventually, Aedan was captured by a British frigate, by that time he was dehydrated and starving. So he went down without a fight, the last pirate of the Caribbean had been captured at last. He was shipped back to Britain were he would spend twenty seven years of his life rotting in a British prison, he had somehow managed to survive the terrible conditions, until it was time for him to board a ship known as the HMS Phoenix to India, almost needless to say, he was very happy to leave his prison, but also happy to have an opportunity to attempt to take the ship! Sadly, this would never come into fruition for the pirate, as, the ship crashed hours before he could put his plan into action.

Accepted.
Btw, I like the diverse characters, but I would like to have a woman or two, and more crewmen. If anyone wants to play as the natives, send me a telegram.

Kahlenberg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kahlenberg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

App:
Name: Lady Eleanor Capel-Coningsby of Essex
Appearance: Typical British white-skinned, red-headed girl of higher class. Even though she is of noble descend, she does not dress like the women in her mothers era: with all the corsets and powder. Rather, in line with early 19th century fashion, she wears loose linen dresses in pastel colours with a higher waist, accentuating her natural figure.
Skills: As a girl, she has been raised to be a good candidate for marriage. Early 19th century girls were not supposed to be smart or witty, so her education was limited to learning how to dance, converse, read and write. She enjoys reading Shakespeare and has secretly studied the works of 18th century Naturalist Georges-Louis Leclerc, giving her limited knowledge about the different species that roam the Earth. Summarized, she has little skills that are of help when stranded on an island.
Bio: Second daughter to George Capel-Coningsby, 5th Earl of Essex, Lady Eleanor was raised in the protected environment of her family mansion in Essex. Aged 17, she was engaged with Sir Robert Dudley, aged 31, who had lost his first wife giving birth to his first child. He departed for India a mere month after their engagement, leaving his fiance behind in England. Sir Robert Dudley quickly made a name for himself in India in battle and as a result he was promoted Vice-Governor of a medium-sized Indian town. Proud of his achievements, Sir Robert was determined to stay in India for a while longer, desperate to further expand his fame. As a result, he asked for his fiance, Eleanor, to make the crossing to India. On the 16th of May, 1798, Eleanor departed on a Frigate of the Royal Navy that was bound for the very city her fiance was appointed vice-Governor of. She did only take a single maid, Catherine, who shared her quarters aboard the ship.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Kahlenberg wrote:App:
Name: Lady Eleanor Capel-Coningsby of Essex
Appearance: Typical British white-skinned, red-headed girl of higher class. Even though she is of noble descend, she does not dress like the women in her mothers era: with all the corsets and powder. Rather, in line with early 19th century fashion, she wears loose linen dresses in pastel colours with a higher waist, accentuating her natural figure.
Skills: As a girl, she has been raised to be a good candidate for marriage. Early 19th century girls were not supposed to be smart or witty, so her education was limited to learning how to dance, converse, read and write. She enjoys reading Shakespeare and has secretly studied the works of 18th century Naturalist Georges-Louis Leclerc, giving her limited knowledge about the different species that roam the Earth. Summarized, she has little skills that are of help when stranded on an island.
Bio: Second daughter to George Capel-Coningsby, 5th Earl of Essex, Lady Eleanor was raised in the protected environment of her family mansion in Essex. Aged 17, she was engaged with Sir Robert Dudley, aged 31, who had lost his first wife giving birth to his first child. He departed for India a mere month after their engagement, leaving his fiance behind in England. Sir Robert Dudley quickly made a name for himself in India in battle and as a result he was promoted Vice-Governor of a medium-sized Indian town. Proud of his achievements, Sir Robert was determined to stay in India for a while longer, desperate to further expand his fame. As a result, he asked for his fiance, Eleanor, to make the crossing to India. On the 16th of May, 1798, Eleanor departed on a Frigate of the Royal Navy that was bound for the very city her fiance was appointed vice-Governor of. She did only take a single maid, Catherine, who shared her quarters aboard the ship.

Accepted.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:
Valrifell wrote:App:

Accepted.
Btw, I like the diverse characters, but I would like to have a woman or two, and more crewmen. If anyone wants to play as the natives, send me a telegram.

You're welcome for the diverse character roster
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Nation of Hay
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Hay » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:Accepted.

Hey, at least we aren't all white :P
sig rework in progress

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:25 am

I'll have the IC up in a day or two (hopefully), but I'm waiting for more players. Get your friends, blah blah blah...
So we need:
Natives
Surgeon
Carpenter
Smith

Special:
Scientist
Missionary
Marines

and just a few more people in general

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Name: Ignacio Domgino
Appearance: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... fornia.jpg
The one on the left, and he's in that exact outfit.
Skills: Has learnt to survive off of the land, he knows how to fight but will not do so if not necessary, he has some basic leadership skills and is an expert at converting.
Bio: Born in Barcelona to a family of wealthy merchants, Ignacio was almost killed by highwaymen but was miraculously saved by a group of people whom stated God had informed them of his troubles. Finding solace in these words, Ignacio joined the Franciscan Order of Monks and devoted his life to aiding the poor and spreading the word. Ignacio was onboard the frigate attacked by the British in the Mediterranean, having been expecting the frigate to take him to the Philippines to work there as a Priest. Once the British took the vessel from the Spaniards, they saw Ignacio as a tool they could use to convert the populace of some of their outermost colonies to, even though not Protestantism, a form of Christianity that was somewhat accepted.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:Name: Ignacio Domgino
Appearance: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... fornia.jpg
The one on the left, and he's in that exact outfit.
Skills: Has learnt to survive off of the land, he knows how to fight but will not do so if not necessary, he has some basic leadership skills and is an expert at converting.
Bio: Born in Barcelona to a family of wealthy merchants, Ignacio was almost killed by highwaymen but was miraculously saved by a group of people whom stated God had informed them of his troubles. Finding solace in these words, Ignacio joined the Franciscan Order of Monks and devoted his life to aiding the poor and spreading the word. Ignacio was onboard the frigate attacked by the British in the Mediterranean, having been expecting the frigate to take him to the Philippines to work there as a Priest. Once the British took the vessel from the Spaniards, they saw Ignacio as a tool they could use to convert the populace of some of their outermost colonies to, even though not Protestantism, a form of Christianity that was somewhat accepted.

Gladly accepted...
Welcome aboard!
wanna be coop?
Last edited by Phoenix2012 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm

bump

Setinel
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Setinel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

DEFINANTLY SIGNING UP.
98% of all NS users would cry if they had to read a lot to understand an RP, regardless of how good it was. If you're one of the 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Ardolf
Secretary

Founded: Oct 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardolf » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:04 am

Name: Lysander McKay
Appearance:

^^^ He has a white armband close to the top of his left shoulder that has the red cross on it.
Skills: Lysander can treat, clean, and close wounds adeptly. He can also treat a narrow range of diseases. He also knows how to shoot a gun and fight in hand-to-hand combat.
Bio:
Lysander is a rich young man, constantly supported by his parents in his ambition to be a well-known doctor. He was on his way to India to study a certain disease and help some of the sick natives there, but he never expected to be caught in the wreck.
Since the ship never returns to port, Lysander's parents are of course very worried.
Lysander has gone through a lot of training to get him in his current state. In Britain, he is a very well known physician and surgeon.
He started his education as a doctor at the age of 17, and continued from there onwards. He has also studied once to be a soldier, and another time to be a lawyer.
He has two brothers. One is a marine, and another is a captain of a dreadnought in Spain.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:55 am

Ardolf wrote:Name: Lysander McKay
Appearance:

^^^ He has a white armband close to the top of his left shoulder that has the red cross on it.
Skills: Lysander can treat, clean, and close wounds adeptly. He can also treat a narrow range of diseases. He also knows how to shoot a gun and fight in hand-to-hand combat.
Bio:
Lysander is a rich young man, constantly supported by his parents in his ambition to be a well-known doctor. He was on his way to India to study a certain disease and help some of the sick natives there, but he never expected to be caught in the wreck.
Since the ship never returns to port, Lysander's parents are of course very worried.
Lysander has gone through a lot of training to get him in his current state. In Britain, he is a very well known physician and surgeon.
He started his education as a doctor at the age of 17, and continued from there onwards. He has also studied once to be a soldier, and another time to be a lawyer.
He has two brothers. One is a marine, and another is a captain of a dreadnought in Spain.

Accepted

Phoenix2012
Minister

Postby Phoenix2012 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Kahlenberg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kahlenberg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:15 pm

That link doesn't work for me..