NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VII [OPEN -Sign up and Planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Night, Gio.

I might go soon, too. Well, not now. I'm also stuck in a WoT grind, and I;m reading up on early Cold War armored vehicles, so yea.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Goodnight Gio. *sends penguin*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Night, everyone!

Zarkanians
Senator

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Nation Nickname: Zarkanians.

Character Name (can be different than nation name): Sand Heth.

Character Description:
5'4”, short yellow hair, shiny metal collar wrapped tightly around his neck (technological in origin, if that matters, but it's hidden under his coat), yellow eyes. Skin is sickly-pale due to being raised in the section of the Space Between known as Nowhere Land, and spending the other six years of his life in a Primarin research vessel. When/if he arrives at the building he's wearing a yellow jacket with a collar high enough to hide the lower part of his face, thick jeans, white long-sleeve shirt, black goggles with tinted lenses, black boots and black gloves. His clothes are all faded and too big for him, except for the goggles, which seem fairly new.

Character Species: Elemental of Fear (not technically correct; he's more like a psychic with a very specific range of powers).

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any):
Hallucinations (4):
Ability to cause hallucinations within the mind of nearby humans, or entities with similar brain biology, with ease. He can eventually do the same to any creature, but the more complex the entity, the longer it takes for him to be able to affect them. Similarly, the longer he is in contact with an entity he can influence, the more convincing his hallucinations become. The more people he's trying to influence, the more diluted the hallucinations become.

Focused Telepathy (2):
He has the ability to detect the fears of nearby entities. Similarly to his hallucination-related powers, it takes longer for him to detect the fears of entities with different brain biology than that of a human, and it takes much longer for him to be able to effectively divine deeper fears. He can detect nearly instantly whether a human or human-like creature shares the fears of the general human population, but he can't detect that they're scared of their step-father, for example, without having been exposed to them for a while. If he's actively trying to figure out what they fear, it takes less time.
He does not have the ability to influence the mind of the victim in any way, except as mentioned above in the section on hallucinations, and below in the section on dream control.

Low-Level 'Magical' Hypnosis (2):
He has the ability to induce sleep, but only if he has a willing subject, or if the target is unaware of his presence and he is able to make physical contact with them.

Dream Control (4):
He has the ability to influence dreams in any way he wishes, but creating things in the dream which the dreamer would not normally dream about will lead to the dreamer becoming aware that he or she is dreaming. He has only been in this position three times; in the first, he attempted to confront the dreamer and was put into a coma for six days. Upon being confronted the other two times he simply retreated into his mind and fled the area before his victim woke themselves up.

Note
His powers are slightly sapient, and will react to the emotional distress of the host. This manifests in the form of hallucinations affecting the minds of everyone around him. They are not any more effective at this than he is, nor can they use information from his mind; they must be able to gather the information themselves. The collar stops them from acting this way.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws:
Anxiety, especially regarding people he doesn't know or situations he isn't used to.
Extreme distrust of strangers.
Slightly clingy to people who he knows are 'safe.'
Afraid of wide-open spaces and spaces where there are no readily-available exits, especially places such as football stadiums.
Self-image issues, to the point where he refuses to dress in anything that won't cover his entire body.
Cannot control his powers completely on his own, hence the collar.
Can't sleep without having constant nightmares—this is a sort of cannibalism. The longer he goes without causing someone else to hallucinate (whether it's soothing or terrifying is irrelevant), the worse the nightmares get.

Character Background:
I'll try to keep this short:
Sand was born in the Space Between. His mother was Tainted, and passed her infection on to her son. He was normal for the first six months of his life, then started exhibiting signs of the above-mentioned powers. Understandably, his fellow colonists were not too happy about having one of the three prophesied Elementals of Fear in their midst. Despite protestations from his parents, they shipped him out of the Space Between through the Land Beyond the Glass, and into the hands of the Primarins. They claimed to be his legal guardians, and that they were 'worried' about his abilities. They asked that the Primarins take the child into their custody and that they research him. The child was too young to protest, and by the time he was old enough to he'd forgotten that
The Primarins weren't exactly nice, but they weren't abusive, either. They were given a child with serious anxiety problems and a bad case of agoraphobia; they still had a child with the aforementioned problems by the time they were done, but they hadn't made it worse. They created a collar that would stop his powers from broadcasting without much difficulty (they'd dealt with psychics before), and on his sixteenth birthday they decided they were done with him. Without much regret, they shipped him off to the nearest planet, handing him some clothing and some money. They arranged for accommodations at the most suitable location on the planet that they could find. “The nearest planet,” in this case, was Earth, and “the most suitable accommodations” was an apartment in the building at 42nd Subabsurdus Street. They assumed that he was less likely to die if they dropped him off in a building filled with other unusual individuals.

Additional Notes:
The Primarins probably didn't use the word “test subject” when explaining their reasons for depositing him there. They almost certainly did mention that they were doing research on him, however. This is a new character; I can alter the backstory if need be.
Elementals have a colour associated with them. Fear's colour is yellow. That isn't to say that all the Fear Elementals will like yellow—the Boogeyman prefers grey, and Jacky likes red and white. But they often find themselves gravitating towards choices that are obviously related to yellow.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h8OH3R12lhY/T ... C_0353.JPG Except with only one bed, yellow curtains and grey, peeling wallpaper. And nothing on the bed. And no power-tools. No books. And the lamp is yellow. So basically, “Like this, but completely different.”

Link to RP examples: You know what I've done. What I will do. /_T Possibly.

One paragraph that sums up your character.:
Sand is a Fear elemental—he embodies both fear (in that he is constantly afraid of most things and that he can cause others to become scared) and the brain's response to situations where fear has become too much for it to handle. Capable of projecting hallucinations on others, as well as sensing their fears and inducing sleep.
Last edited by Zarkanians on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thought and Memory each morning fly
Over the vast earth:
Thought, I fear, may fail to return,
But I fear more for Memory.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 pm

Yayyyy! :D
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Zarkanians wrote:

Character Description:
5'4”, short yellow hair, shiny metal collar wrapped tightly around his neck (technological in origin, if that matters, but it's hidden under his coat), yellow eyes. Skin is sickly-pale due to being raised in the section of the Space Between known as Nowhere Land, and spending the other six years of his life in a Primarin research vessel. When/if he arrives at the building he's wearing a yellow jacket with a collar high enough to hide the lower part of his face, thick jeans, white long-sleeve shirt, black goggles with tinted lenses, black boots and black gloves. His clothes are all faded and too big for him, except for the goggles, which seem fairly new.

Character Species: Elemental of Fear (not technically correct; he's more like a psychic with a very specific range of powers).

Hallucinations (4):
Ability to cause hallucinations within the mind of nearby humans, or entities with similar brain biology, with ease. He can eventually do the same to any creature, but the more complex the entity, the longer it takes for him to be able to affect them. Similarly, the longer he is in contact with an entity he can influence, the more convincing his hallucinations become. The more people he's trying to influence, the more diluted the hallucinations become.

Focused Telepathy (2):
He has the ability to detect the fears of nearby entities. Similarly to his hallucination-related powers, it takes longer for him to detect the fears of entities with different brain biology than that of a human, and it takes much longer for him to be able to effectively divine deeper fears. He can detect nearly instantly whether a human or human-like creature shares the fears of the general human population, but he can't detect that they're scared of their step-father, for example, without having been exposed to them for a while. If he's actively trying to figure out what they fear, it takes less time.
He does not have the ability to influence the mind of the victim in any way, except as mentioned above in the section on hallucinations, and below in the section on dream control.

He has the ability to induce sleep, but only if he has a willing subject, or if the target is unaware of his presence and he is able to make physical contact with them.

Dream Control (4):
He has the ability to influence dreams in any way he wishes, but creating things in the dream which the dreamer would not normally dream about will lead to the dreamer becoming aware that he or she is dreaming. He has only been in this position three times; in the first, he attempted to confront the dreamer and was put into a coma for six days. Upon being confronted the other two times he simply retreated into his mind and fled the area before his victim woke themselves up.

Note
His powers are slightly sapient, and will react to the emotional distress of the host. This manifests in the form of hallucinations affecting the minds of everyone around him. They are not any more effective at this than he is, nor can they use information from his mind; they must be able to gather the information themselves. The collar stops them from acting this way.

Anxiety, especially regarding people he doesn't know or situations he isn't used to.
Afraid of wide-open spaces and spaces where there are no readily-available exits, especially places such as football stadiums.
Self-image issues, to the point where he refuses to dress in anything that won't cover his entire body.
Can't sleep without having constant nightmares—this is a sort of cannibalism. The longer he goes without causing someone else to hallucinate (whether it's soothing or terrifying is irrelevant), the worse the nightmares get.

Character Background:
Sand was born in the Space Between. His mother was Tainted, and passed her infection on to her son. He was normal for the first six months of his life, then started exhibiting signs of the above-mentioned powers. Understandably, his fellow colonists were not too happy about having one of the three prophesied Elementals of Fear in their midst. Despite protestations from his parents, they shipped him out of the Space Between through the Land Beyond the Glass, and into the hands of the Primarins. They claimed to be his legal guardians, and that they were 'worried' about his abilities. They asked that the Primarins take the child into their custody and that they research him. The child was too young to protest, and by the time he was old enough to he'd forgotten that
The Primarins weren't exactly nice, but they weren't abusive, either. They were given a child with serious anxiety problems and a bad case of agoraphobia; they still had a child with the aforementioned problems by the time they were done, but they hadn't made it worse. They created a collar that would stop his powers from broadcasting without much difficulty (they'd dealt with psychics before), and on his sixteenth birthday they decided they were done with him. Without much regret, they shipped him off to the nearest planet, handing him some clothing and some money. They arranged for accommodations at the most suitable location on the planet that they could find. “The nearest planet,” in this case, was Earth, and “the most suitable accommodations” was an apartment in the building at 42nd Subabsurdus Street. They assumed that he was less likely to die if they dropped him off in a building filled with other unusual individuals.

Additional Notes:
The Primarins probably didn't use the word “test subject” when explaining their reasons for depositing him there. They almost certainly did mention that they were doing research on him, however. This is a new character; I can alter the backstory if need be.
Elementals have a colour associated with them. Fear's colour is yellow. That isn't to say that all the Fear Elementals will like yellow—the Boogeyman prefers grey, and Jacky likes red and white. But they often find themselves gravitating towards choices that are obviously related to yellow.

URL to Apartment Picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h8OH3R12lhY/T ... C_0353.JPG Except with only one bed, yellow curtains and grey, peeling wallpaper. And nothing on the bed. And no power-tools. No books. And the lamp is yellow. So basically, “Like this, but completely different.”

Sand is a Fear elemental—he embodies both fear (in that he is constantly afraid of most things and that he can cause others to become scared) and the brain's response to situations where fear has become too much for it to handle. Capable of projecting hallucinations on others, as well as sensing their fears and inducing sleep.

Approved.

Swith's still out so no tabs unless she gives her password to me. That's not likely to happen this century.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Zarkanians wrote:

Character Description:

Hallucinations (4):

Focused Telepathy (2):

Dream Control (4):

Note

Character Background:

Additional Notes:

Approved.

Swith's still out so no tabs unless she gives her password to me. That's not likely to happen this century.

Thanks. =) And that's fine; I can wait. Not like I'll be doing anything else anyway.
Over the vast earth:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:28 pm

Quick question for my introductory post, what is my room number so i can lead straight into showing up in there... or at least lead there?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:30 pm

Kassaran wrote:Quick question for my introductory post, what is my room number so i can lead straight into showing up in there... or at least lead there?

Just have him turn up in the lobby at the reception desk.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Kassaran wrote:Quick question for my introductory post, what is my room number so i can lead straight into showing up in there... or at least lead there?

The basic info about the Building is here: http://personification-life.wikia.com/wiki/The_Building_at_42nd_Subabsurdus_Street#Building_Interior

I've asked Tilt to cover if you post while I'm offline. Your character will be in 6H.

Give the front page of the OOC a good lookover to get a feel for the setting.

People: new character coming in. Please make him feel welcome and help him settle into the game. Thanks.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 pm

*waves*

Hullo Kassaran.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Evenin' Kassaran ^_^

The Space Between
Civilian

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Space Between » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:01 am

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Good night, Kassaran.

EDIT: Gawd damn it; this is Zarkanians.
Last edited by The Space Between on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning, PL!

Will post around 1800 CST. For those that owe me a reply, TG it to me, please for convenience.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:06 am

Germanic Templars wrote:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning, PL!

Will post around 1800 CST. For those that owe me a reply, TG it to me, please for convenience.

*Summons class-room full of supporters*
Good morning, Mr. Germanic Templars!

Will be re-entering at lunch/earlier, possibly.

Earlier it is!
Last edited by Zarkanians on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Over the vast earth:

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 am

Sorry. Went a little overboard. This character is fun.

That awkward moment when you refer to something in the first line and then forget about it completely. Fixed it, though it feels kind of awkward. Sorry. =);;
Last edited by Zarkanians on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the vast earth:

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:49 pm

The fennec emerged from her den craving hot tea and a cookie.

In other words, I'm just now getting out of bed. I'll be back in about an hour and I'll catch up with NS.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:The fennec emerged from her den craving hot tea and a cookie.

In other words, I'm just now getting out of bed. I'll be back in about an hour and I'll catch up with NS.

Yay! Welcome back!

Mix the tea with coffee. I haven't actually tried this, but caffeine, man! /Caffeine/!

Unfortunately, we do not have any interesting ideas regarding the uses of a cookie. But cookies are awesome. So it doesn't matter. We'd offer to bake you some, but we think that by the time you get them they'll be all stale and moldy.
Over the vast earth:

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:The fennec emerged from her den craving hot tea and a cookie.

Better keep a good grip on that tea

kekekekekekekekeke
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Monfrox wrote:

Better keep a good grip on that tea

kekekekekekekekeke

Mon is Korean. This is now canon.

You Starcraft player, you.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Better keep a good grip on that tea

kekekekekekekekeke

Mon is Korean. This is now canon.

You Starcraft player, you.

No u

Never played Starcraft before. Only ever played Halo Wars and Company of Heroes.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:05 pm

IRC hates me.

Anyway, lunchtime plus handling some RL business. I'll be back to get your char settled in, Zark. Unless Cer or Swith gets back before I do and does it. *nods*
mumblemumblemumble

Zarkanians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zarkanians » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:IRC hates me.

Anyway, lunchtime plus handling some RL business. I'll be back to get your char settled in, Zark. Unless Cer or Swith gets back before I do and does it. *nods*

Understood; thanks loads! =)
Over the vast earth:

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:12 pm

I'm back. Give me just a wee bit to catch up on PL IC. I'm pretty much caught up everywhere else. I hope. Maybe. Ugh, probably not.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:I'm back. Give me just a wee bit to catch up on PL IC. I'm pretty much caught up everywhere else. I hope. Maybe. Ugh, probably not.

Sod's law.

*offers tea*
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse