NATION

PASSWORD

The Fall of Elfen High (IC, Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Fall of Elfen High (IC, Closed)

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
They sing for the end.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
Stories need to end.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
- The Second Coming, William Butler Yeats

17 December, 2030
Bethlehem, Israel.

"Is everything ready then?" barked Rick Sanchez in English, Alexander Horn translating to Arabic on his mobile phone. They were watching the Israeli army work on some final adjustments to the various maps and plans they had, as well as making absolutely sure all the equipment (such as guns and planes and tanks and the like) were perfectly adjusted.

Tanks rolled through the streets of Bethlehem now, preparing to cross the border into Saudi Arabia with or without the permission of the monarchy. In preparation for this, Sanchez had ordered that the monarchy be dealt with in advance, and that they should be made to be completely unable to disagree or be aware of what was going on, as was the American way.

As was the Canadian way, Horn helped Sanchez do all this while pretending to be ignorant about what was going on. "We've gotten a hell of a lot of support around here." He noted. "You're not popular in the Middle East, but I think we've impressed the importance of this issue on everyone." he said, eating another bite of poutine from the Quebecois restaurant that had opened in this quarter of the city, the ISSR quarter. It had been created a while back as a way to rapidly respond to the then deteriorating situation in Lebanon and Egypt before everyone more or less gave up. Many had objected to such a holy city holding a military quarter, but the objections were lessened when the archangel Raphael came out in full support of it, by bluntly asking "Why the fuck wouldn't you try to have a strategic advantage?"

In any case, the poutine was dammed good, Horn thought. "Now then, when is Elfen High getting here?" he asked. "Crowley give a specific time and date?"

"He finally did, the fuck." Sanchez muttered. "He's bringing in his army to Bethlehem tomorrow. Well, I say army..." he shook his head. "I can't believe we're putting our fucking trust in Aleister Crowley. Him?" Sanchez gave a snort, expressing his view on the matter. "Anyway..." he stood up, looking at his surroundings, at the menu of the restaurant written helpfully in Arabic, Hebrew, English and French. "I'll take some poutine as well." he told the Arab man at the counter in English. The man understood well, and ran off to make it. "I have to show you some of the new angels that fell out of the sky." Sanchez told Horn. "They're a bit different - more metallic than the other ones. One landed not too far from here, but we managed to keep the Jewish settlers who saw it quiet with some money."

"There's a joke there." Horn noted dryly, as Sanchez broke into a grin.

"Indeed there is, isn't there?" he laughed. "Anyway, metallic. It's a bit disturbing how frequently they're falling now. But why? We've had people extensively study this stuff. I've spent hours around it myself, trying to figure it out. At this point, it seems like we'll know cuando Colón baje el dedo." he shrugged.

"So have I." Horn said, ignoring the brown speak from his friend. "It's like Uriel is fucking Eric Saward or some shit, considering how confusing and stupid this is." he paused. "No, that's an insult to Uriel, really. He's competent, at the least."

"Who the hell is Eric Saward?" asked Sanchez, whose exposure to television did not extend much beyond telenovas nowadays, though he watched Father Ted, Breaking Bad and Community in the past. Which was a defined personality right there.

"Don't worry about it." Horn said after a moment when he decided that explaining his terminal and utter hatred for Saward* would take too long. "Anyway, what was it that you had said a long while ago, back when we were at war with Azazel?"

Sanchez chuckled. "Boldly they rode and well, into the jaws of death, into the mouth of hell itself." he remembered. "Well, a bit different now, considering we're riding into the jaws of Heaven, but applicable all the same."

Horn looked at his old friend. "How are you holding up?" he asked. "Not about this war - I know you've thrown yourself wholeheartedly into that. But about your other thing, the reason why you're so into this war." The French Canadian looked genuinely worried. "Are you still beating yourself up over Megan? Because you can't keep doing th-"

"I'm still stunned." Sanchez admitted. "I can't believe...I just thought I finally had her. And she just left. I was ready to do anything. But now there's nothing left I can do. My whole adult life, I had just two things - Megan and my job. And now I just have the job. Don't worry, Alexander, I'll be at one hundred and ten percent for this. It's all I've got." he gave a tired smile, one which spoke absolute magnitudes.
Tick tock, goes the clock, until Death's Door hears a knock.
Horn stood up, patting his friend on the back. "Hey now, don't worry. Just try to move on. And besides, let's try to survive this, eh? Get back in time for Christmas. Bethlehem's beautiful this time of year."
Tick tock, goes the clock, until Death comes to walk.
Rick laughed. "I agree. But with Aleister Crowley's timing, we may not even start until Christmas. I bet that fucker's just screwing as many secretaries and students as he can."

Crowley made absolute sure that his uniform fit well on his body. It was the uniform of a British general, and it was a perfect fit. He had magically designed to be so. He was leading into war. He needed to looked dignified, he needed to look sharp, he needed to be respectable...and this fucking uniform didn't work.

It fit him magnificently. It looked stylish. It was comfortable. It commanded respect...but it wasn't him. No, it wasn't him at all. And it just gave off the sense of desperation. In annoyance, Crowley burned it off his body, standing nude in front of his bathroom mirror. "Well, this is a sort of battle dress..." he acknowledged, amusement dancing on his face as he considered walking into Saudi Arabia naked as the day he was born.

Crowley paused, picking up his usual black suit and tie. With a rueful grin, he put it on. His normal clothes. And what worked. The only difference he made was refraining from putting on his tie, so that someone couldn't easily just grab it and strangle him. He was going into war, after all. It was likely that such an event would occur.

He chuckled. Nobody would know the time he spent trying to be ready for this battle, how hard he had worked...and how he ultimately had just made one change from his normal attire. He brushed off some imaginary dust and took a deep breath, readying himself to open his office door and step out into the world. Before he did, he paused. There was one thing missing...

He opened up a drawer in his desk, seeing a pair of reading glasses. Minh's old glasses. Crowley blinked a few times. He didn't read reading glasses, not at all. But somehow...somehow they fit here. He placed them upon his nose, and looked into a nearby mirror. Yes. This would do nicely.

Raphael sat in his office in Heavensgate, reading some documents Rick Sanchez had emailed him from Bethlehem. This war was intended to hopefully be a short one. Elfen High would go in and quickly locate the portal. That was a simple step. Then the ISSR forces and Heavensgate forces would be teleported in, as would any of the other armies they had managed to raise.

Truth be told, Raphael was nervous. This was rare for him, but true. He was going back home. He was born in Heaven, raised there. He had no idea, none at all, what to expect. He hadn't really gone there for quite some time. He sat back in his chair, his eyes no longer focusing on the English documents in front of him.

Home.

Where the air was fresh and clean, where the sun shone bright, where angels laughed and sang, where his brothers helped rule together while waiting for their Father...that was the vision Raphael held. But it was so, so wrong. He was, for all he knew, one of the only two archangels left. And after this war, one way or another, there would be one fewer.
He silently remembered the end of his family and his old life. Michael stood, a bloodstained sword in his hand, Uriel stared out in the distance, his eyes empty and dead.
He remembered Michael's face as he readied to fight Lucifer and cast him down. At the time, he had been a child, and hardly understood it. But now he understood all too well. Raphael was going to have to fight his own brother.

He clasped his hands together. And for the first time in a long time, he prayed.

Rick Sanchez now was in a lift, going down to the main ISSR base hidden underneath Bethlehem. He held onto the side rail of the lift, taking a few deep breaths and clenching his eyes and fists shut.
He remembered explosions, violence, gunfire, pain...
This would be an unthinkable war. It was intended to be short and easy. But somehow, Sanchez knew it wouldn't be. He felt it in his bones. He knew that it would be devastating to everyone. And that burden rested on him.

And Aleister Crowley. Sanchez did not trust Crowley at all. That man was a megalomaniac and a monster. Sanchez knew he was considered a monster by many, but he considered firmly that Crowley was above him in that respect. It was how he judged himself, a moral scale. At least I'm not Aleister fucking Crowley.

He took a final deep breath, fully composing himself as he stepped out of the lift to examine the new angel corpses.

"And lo, the SS Avalon lands after our day together. This is your captain Gabriel speaking, I hope you had a pleasant ride." Gabriel said over a microphone he had acquired from God knows where. The giant castle ship began to descend down on some new coordinates that Gabriel had helpfully provided. It was on an island in an ocean. Definitely Earth, but a different kind of Earth.

"Turn on the invisibility shield for this ship." he barked, sitting on a couch with the microphone and some popcorn. Gabriella turned on the invisibility shield, the ship vanishing to all outsiders as it descended down on the island. "We don't want to accidentally alert anyone. Where are we then? Earth. An Earth where the dragons and Fae had fought one another and nearly destroyed the whole place. They're still around, of course, but there's some important things I need to find here. After that, we can move onto Ivy and Caspian's native universe. The specific place we're at on this Earth is Alcatraz. You may have heard a thing or two about it, since it had a historical role in all your universes. In this one, it was a dungeon where the dragons ruled and tormented those who resisted them. But there was an uprising and the dragons who ruled had been killed - surprisingly to all. There's some history we can find here, but we'll have to be careful. I have no idea what creatures we may encounter. Should be exciting." he grinned.

"Shouldn't we study? Or prepare?" Gabriella asked timidly. "I don't think we should go in blind..."

"Of course we should go in blind! Always do what you're best at!" Gabriel replied.

The journey throughout space in Avalon had lasted a day or so, and had also been a way for Gabriel to explain his world's history. Or, at the least, his history. He was an angel in Heaven before Michael had cast him down for obscenity. He wandered Earth for a while, working alone. He became the King of Hell through some odd circumstances. He worked with the American Paranormal Society ("Basically the Men in Black" as he explained) for a time, where he had also met Gwen. He introduced Gwen as the Queen of the United Kingdom in his world, and who had fought along with him against some dangerous beings from outside the universe.

He also explained his relationship to Gabriella, by saying "You know Doctor Who, right? Basically she's my regeneration after I die. But she has no memory of being me. So we can keep the paradoxes from happening this way." Overall, he came off as a lecherous, self-absorbed asshole, but also quite important to whatever he was having them do.

"Now, dragons and Fae. Who knows what's going on there? Who knows what their relationship is?" Gabriel demanded, his couch rotating so he faced everyone.

Outside the ship, they heard the roar of a beast, along with the flapping of wings. The sound of a dragon, in other words. It would bring back a memory or two for Ivy, like when Azazel had created dragons with the walls of Dys during that battle. Caspian may remember dragons from his own travels as well.

A swirling purple vortex, a howl of the dammed as a man leaped inside aware he may not come back out.

Death watched in fascination, for once in his eternal life unsure whether everyone would ultimately come to an end after all...He gave a wry smile. "IT TOOK MUCH TO GET HERE. MAKE THE SACRIFICES WORTH IT." His voice was different now. Not the sound of funeral bells. Silver bells.

Calliel stared at his sword, picking it in his hand as he walked out toward the auditorium of Elfen High. The school was emptier than usual. Two weeks ago, Crowley had announced to everyone that Elfen High would soon be going into war against Heaven. He allowed all students and staff who did not wish to stay the chance to take their leave. Once they did, memory of the exact reason they left was erased from their mind, replaced by another excuse. Crowley wanted to keep the invasion of Heaven as secret as possible while ensuring the safety of as many as he could.

It was different, really, from the man Calliel had once known. That man would have rushed into war without any pause for thought, of himself or those around him. He had changed, that was certain. Calliel walked through the relatively empty halls, finding himself seated in the auditorium. He looked up toward the stage, seeing Aleister Crowley walk on stage...wearing reading glasses. That was a change.

Calliel looked around, seeing more people enter. Some students and staff, some of those who that man Carry had brought with him. There was also an orc named Norack, and Laz - here Calliel gave a wave and a nod to his old friend. There were a handful of bears, remains of a dying society. Calliel was also aware that Crowley had many other people willing to fight for him, operating in Bethlehem right now.

Zoryana and Daniel walked in one after another, followed by Hilde and William. Zoryana had been in Elfen High on and off, having spent a fair bit of time in Russia and other former Soviet states, raising allies of her own. Prime Minister Hildegard Von Wulfbern was back from Berlin, where she was often busy in her new job. Alastor and some of his soldiers would also be in attendance, as would others not mentioned.

Daisuke's wheelchair rested next to the seat Ciel sat in, and he watched the stage expectantly while checking his phone for new details and messages from the ISSR regarding war plans. D was likely to be doing the same.

The people of Elfen High looked up at Crowley, expecting a speech. The man coughed. "Alright. Welcome and Welcome Back." he began. "Thank you for being here. It means quite a lot to me. This school holds unimaginable importance for me personally, and I will fight to the death to defend it. And I will also fight to make sure we can stop Uriel. Uriel, as you would know, is the ruler of Heaven and a tyrant. We have stayed in his looming shadow for some time now, and it's time we deal with it." Crowley said simply. "We'll be going into Mecca to find a portal from which we can enter Heaven. From there, many of our forces will burst into Heaven."

"We will fight. Not everyone will survive, one way or another. It's a fact. That's what happens in war. But I'll try my hardest to make sure that as many as we can save are saved." Crowley spoke to the auditorium, his voice calm and confident. "We will win. You have my word on this."

"We've defeated Azazel in the past." Crowley reminded them all. "We won the Abrahamic War. If we can topple Hell, we can topple Heaven. This is not a war we can't win. There's nothing we can't win. Tomorrow we're going to Bethlehem to confer with Rick Sanchez. Then we will go to Mecca and we will end Uriel at last."

Uriel waited in his office. Because it was that, an office. It was not ornate and decorated like a throne room. It was remarkably spartan and barren, with the only personal attachment being a cross hung behind him. He drummed his fingers on the desk as he studied some documents about the Project. He gave a smile as he did so. Things were proceeding well according to plan.

Elfen High would be attacking him soon. He knew this easily, despite their pitiful attempts to make it secret. He welcomed the attack. It was the final thing he needed. The Gentry approached, and behind them even greater forces would come. Uriel knew this and he knew that he alone was the one who could stop it.

The archangel exhibited a cool confidence, the way of a man completely and utterly sure of what he had to and the means with which he would do it. He was not like Azazel's mad insanity, or Crowley's hedonistic depression. Uriel knew that his leadership was the one the world would unite under.

And that time was so close...

Then there was an event, long, long in the future...

"No more." came the voice of Aleister Crowley, who was holding an ancient sword in his hand, the roots of a tree below him. His clothes were tattered and ruined. His eyes, resting behind Minh's glasses, were clouded with grief, anger, wistfulness...and acceptance. He understood what he had to do.

It was the end of the War. One way or another. He plunged the sword down into the roots, hearing the roars of everything that ever was, is or will be. And that's when it all fell down.

*It's a little known fact that Alexander Horn personally hunted down Eric Saward in Hell and beat him.
Last edited by Nightkill the Emperor on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Rick Sanchez now was in a lift, going down to the main ISSR base hidden underneath Bethlehem. He held onto the side rail of the lift, taking a few deep breaths and clenching his eyes and fists shut.

This would be an unthinkable war. It was intended to be short and easy. But somehow, Sanchez knew it wouldn't be. He felt it in his bones. He knew that it would be devastating to everyone. And that burden rested on him.

And Aleister Crowley. Sanchez did not trust Crowley at all. That man was a megalomaniac and a monster. Sanchez knew he was considered a monster by many, but he considered firmly that Crowley was above him in that respect. It was how he judged himself, a moral scale. At least I'm not Aleister fucking Crowley.

He took a final deep breath, fully composing himself as he stepped out of the lift to examine the new angel corpses.

Outside of the lift, Sanchez would be saluted by a young, redheaded girl clad in a desert uniform, complete with an helmet and night googles, and a bulky assault rifle in her hands. Sanchez would have also noticed her black armband, with a white cross impressed over it.

"Sir, I am the student St.Gabriel's Institute promised to send to you. I have been assigned under your command for the duration of the operation." Grace announced, keeping her salute. "Ready for orders."

"And lo, the SS Avalon lands after our day together. This is your captain Gabriel speaking, I hope you had a pleasant ride." Gabriel said over a microphone he had acquired from God knows where. The giant castle ship began to descend down on some new coordinates that Gabriel had helpfully provided. It was on an island in an ocean. Definitely Earth, but a different kind of Earth.

"Turn on the invisibility shield for this ship." he barked, sitting on a couch with the microphone and some popcorn. Gabriella turned on the invisibility shield, the ship vanishing to all outsiders as it descended down on the island. "We don't want to accidentally alert anyone. Where are we then? Earth. An Earth where the dragons and Fae had fought one another and nearly destroyed the whole place. They're still around, of course, but there's some important things I need to find here. After that, we can move onto Ivy and Caspian's native universe. The specific place we're at on this Earth is Alcatraz. You may have heard a thing or two about it, since it had a historical role in all your universes. In this one, it was a dungeon where the dragons ruled and tormented those who resisted them. But there was an uprising and the dragons who ruled had been killed - surprisingly to all. There's some history we can find here, but we'll have to be careful. I have no idea what creatures we may encounter. Should be exciting." he grinned.

"Shouldn't we study? Or prepare?" Gabriella asked timidly. "I don't think we should go in blind..."

"Of course we should go in blind! Always do what you're best at!" Gabriel replied.

The journey throughout space in Avalon had lasted a day or so, and had also been a way for Gabriel to explain his world's history. Or, at the least, his history. He was an angel in Heaven before Michael had cast him down for obscenity. He wandered Earth for a while, working alone. He became the King of Hell through some odd circumstances. He worked with the American Paranormal Society ("Basically the Men in Black" as he explained) for a time, where he had also met Gwen. He introduced Gwen as the Queen of the United Kingdom in his world, and who had fought along with him against some dangerous beings from outside the universe.

He also explained his relationship to Gabriella, by saying "You know Doctor Who, right? Basically she's my regeneration after I die. But she has no memory of being me. So we can keep the paradoxes from happening this way." Overall, he came off as a lecherous, self-absorbed asshole, but also quite important to whatever he was having them do.

"Now, dragons and Fae. Who knows what's going on there? Who knows what their relationship is?" Gabriel demanded, his couch rotating so he faced everyone.

Outside the ship, they heard the roar of a beast, along with the flapping of wings. The sound of a dragon, in other words. It would bring back a memory or two for Ivy, like when Azazel had created dragons with the walls of Dys during that battle. Caspian may remember dragons from his own travels as well.

Gwen had passed most of the day sprawled on her throne, which also doubled as a command seat, and tea time seat. It was also directly opposite Gabriel's couch, interestingly enough.

"Gabriella, tell the barracks to get at least one platoon of heavy knights ready, and keep the rest of the starship on yellow alert. If they attack us, we won't have much problems in mounting a counter-offensive."

The Queen glanced down at Gabriel. "Also, Lord of Hell, be fast in your recap and explanation. We are going go make landfall pretty soon."

While saying these words, Gwen sounded less like a stern and severe Queen, and more like a disgruntled ex-wife.

Calliel stared at his sword, picking it in his hand as he walked out toward the auditorium of Elfen High. The school was emptier than usual. Two weeks ago, Crowley had announced to everyone that Elfen High would soon be going into war against Heaven. He allowed all students and staff who did not wish to stay the chance to take their leave. Once they did, memory of the exact reason they left was erased from their mind, replaced by another excuse. Crowley wanted to keep the invasion of Heaven as secret as possible while ensuring the safety of as many as he could.

It was different, really, from the man Calliel had once known. That man would have rushed into war without any pause for thought, of himself or those around him. He had changed, that was certain. Calliel walked through the relatively empty halls, finding himself seated in the auditorium. He looked up toward the stage, seeing Aleister Crowley walk on stage...wearing reading glasses. That was a change.

Calliel looked around, seeing more people enter. Some students and staff, some of those who that man Carry had brought with him. There was also an orc named Norack, and Laz - here Calliel gave a wave and a nod to his old friend. There were a handful of bears, remains of a dying society. Calliel was also aware that Crowley had many other people willing to fight for him, operating in Bethlehem right now.

Zoryana and Daniel walked in one after another, followed by Hilde and William. Zoryana had been in Elfen High on and off, having spent a fair bit of time in Russia and other former Soviet states, raising allies of her own. Prime Minister Hildegard Von Wulfbern was back from Berlin, where she was often busy in her new job. Alastor and some of his soldiers would also be in attendance, as would others not mentioned.

Daisuke's wheelchair rested next to the seat Ciel sat in, and he watched the stage expectantly while checking his phone for new details and messages from the ISSR regarding war plans. D was likely to be doing the same.

The people of Elfen High looked up at Crowley, expecting a speech. The man coughed. "Alright. Welcome and Welcome Back." he began. "Thank you for being here. It means quite a lot to me. This school holds unimaginable importance for me personally, and I will fight to the death to defend it. And I will also fight to make sure we can stop Uriel. Uriel, as you would know, is the ruler of Heaven and a tyrant. We have stayed in his looming shadow for some time now, and it's time we deal with it." Crowley said simply. "We'll be going into Mecca to find a portal from which we can enter Heaven. From there, many of our forces will burst into Heaven."

"We will fight. Not everyone will survive, one way or another. It's a fact. That's what happens in war. But I'll try my hardest to make sure that as many as we can save are saved." Crowley spoke to the auditorium, his voice calm and confident. "We will win. You have my word on this."

"We've defeated Azazel in the past." Crowley reminded them all. "We won the Abrahamic War. If we can topple Hell, we can topple Heaven. This is not a war we can't win. There's nothing we can't win. Tomorrow we're going to Bethlehem to confer with Rick Sanchez. Then we will go to Mecca and we will end Uriel at last."

Hilde, who was surrounded by a group of German ninja bodyguards with gas masks and red glowing eyes, raised a placard decked out with the colors of Imperial Germany, the name of her country impressed over it with golden letters.

"I motion to have the permission to give a speech of five minutes in length, honorable principal."

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:52 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Calliel stared at his sword, picking it in his hand as he walked out toward the auditorium of Elfen High. The school was emptier than usual. Two weeks ago, Crowley had announced to everyone that Elfen High would soon be going into war against Heaven. He allowed all students and staff who did not wish to stay the chance to take their leave. Once they did, memory of the exact reason they left was erased from their mind, replaced by another excuse. Crowley wanted to keep the invasion of Heaven as secret as possible while ensuring the safety of as many as he could.

Fenei Taitano had remained. She had no one to go home to but her heart would forever be tethered to her island. And so she remained, for the sake of Kiribati and its vanishing beaches and for love of the natives who dwelt there. She would fight for the sake of her friend, Emilie Aine, even though she hadn't yet spotted her roommate in the auditorium.

Gooseflesh rippled Fen's arms and the hair on the back of her neck prickled as Crowley spoke. He had many facets, this Headmaster. She'd met him when he seemed fatigued beyond measure yet the confidence he imparted in her now bolstered her determination.

It was probably a suicide mission. Chances were high that she might find herself splattered on a wall somewhere. It didn't matter, though. Fen had spent the last few weeks honing her skills, striving to perfect her healing talents and her ability to control her ice affinity. She wasn't the best out there. She considered herself mediocre, but she'd promised Crowley she would help no matter what. Fen seldom broke promises.

The girl looked around the auditorium once more and then readied herself to depart the room with the rest of those assembled.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Alice sat in her office, quietly and patiently smoking on a Cuban cigar. Sitting on the other side of her desk was Francois, though he had grown an impressive beard, which was neither tidy or messy. His clothes were wrinkled, and his hands were tucked into his pockets. He held a cigarette in his mouth despite this.

"So you mean to tell me that you've never had sex with a Thai ladyboy?" Alice asked.

Francois shrugged. "Even the French have standards, Alice."

FU's Headmistress shook her head, as she sucked down the last of her cigar. "This is unacceptable," she began. "Crowley's war with Heaven is coming up, and what will happen if you die? Then you'll never get the chance."

"I think you're making this a bigger deal than you need to," the Frenchman replied. "I'm not a sexual deviant like yourself. Besides, how can I possibly trust you? You want to have sex with the King of Hell."

Alice gave Francois a frightening glance.

"Sorry, Lord of Hell," Francois continued. Alice snapped her fingers, burning Francois' cigarette into ash. He stood, wiping the ash off of his shirt and tie.

"Well, class is starting soon," he said, as he grabbed his jacket and slid into it as he approached the door.

"Francois," Alice said, her voice stopping him from opening the door. The Frenchie glanced back.

"I'm serious about our trip to Bangkok, you know. We can even bring the students if you'd prefer."

Francois nodded. "Yes, I'd love for my students to cheer me on as I go to a tranny brothel in Bangkok. Maybe after we can drug some famous football player, cut out his kidneys, and dump him into a hotel in Sochi."

Alice cracked a smile, the first in what seemed like a long while.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 pm

Agritum wrote:

Outside of the lift, Sanchez would be saluted by a young, redheaded girl clad in a desert uniform, complete with an helmet and night googles, and a bulky assault rifle in her hands. Sanchez would have also noticed her black armband, with a white cross impressed over it.

"Sir, I am the student St.Gabriel's Institute promised to send to you. I have been assigned under your command for the duration of the operation." Grace announced, keeping her salute. "Ready for orders."

"Excellent." Sanchez said with a smile, extending out his hand to shake her's. "It is very good to meet you. I was aware you were coming. I assume you've met Lily White before?" he asked, calling over the other girl who had arrived at Bethlehem just a few hours ago.

Lily had been in Elfen High for a few weeks, as per Sanchez's instructions. But as the war plans grew, he called her back to Bethlehem to prepare for the war against Heaven. She would likely be having lunch, as it was that time of the day.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Her family massacred and its remnants scattered, Emilie knew there was no point in running and quietly sat in the Auditorium. She was part of a dying clan, one that had little hope of regaining the splendour it once enjoyed, so as a member she felt that there was no more place for her in this world. Vampires were reduced to living in the shadows, hiding amongst man. Though she took no preference to dominating others like cattle, she would have preferred both living side-by-side; perhaps that is why she took it upon herself to stay and serve a greater purpose rather than accommodate solely for her own needs. As wielder of her clan's heirloom, it was her duty to honour its name. For once she looked at the inscription that had ironically been left behind on the sword and took its words to heart.

Vince malum bono. Overcome evil with good.

It was time to shed the eternal stigma that rested on vampires and elevate herself to be more than a creature that fed on the blood of the living. That was her resolve, and as she made that resolve she felt a strange sensation enter her body. It felt like the sword resonated with her body. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but if she had to describe the sensation, it would be that the sword now felt as an extension of herself rather than a mere tool for killing. The feeling gave her confidence.

She was ready. Ready to do what was necessary. Ready to die for her goals.
Last edited by Esternial on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Caspian Lawrence frowned, eyebrows slanting downward in a puppy dog-like manner. He was sitting in a chair -- quite an ordinary chair -- and in both hands he held a cup of tea. Gently, carefully, he lifted it to his mouth and took a sip.

He'd taken the day spent on Avalon as an opportunity for a change of dress. His old outfit -- inspired largely by the Second and Eleventh Doctors -- had grown to bore him, so he'd gone back to his roots in terms of where he'd acquired his dress sense, though in a way somewhat more suited for battle. 100% Rebel Time Traveler, he liked to think of it as -- no frills, no scarves, no bow ties, and no umbrellas. Pressed white oxford shirt under a navy waistcoat, with trousers in that same colour. Over that, a black suit jacket -- a bit of a lengthy affair, it went down to his knees -- with a red lining. Black Doc Martens on his feet. The pockets on the coat were, of course, bigger on the inside -- perfect for storing the multitude of futuristic weapons he possessed.

Lowering the tea again, Caspian said, voice a bit thin, "That sounds like a pterosaur. I had a nasty run-in with pterosaurs a few years back. But I'm going to make an inference based on the recent talk of dragons and say that that is not, in fact, a pterosaur, though it may indeed fit the designation of 'flying reptile'."

Peter Altier found himself wearing decidedly different clothing. Khaki pants, a white undershirt, and a red polo. His shoes were white sneakers with velcro straps. When he'd picked out the outfit this morning, it had felt right. Now his mind wandered back all those years to Las Vegas -- it had been doing that quite a lot over the past month or so as his world had been being torn down around him. He'd started to adjust, but that was no easy feat, especially for someone whose psychological issues were very real. It was a flood of memory as water from behind a breached dam -- but then, the dam had been cracked a few days earlier, he now remembered. He'd transformed, he thought, when the Nazis had attacked.

He had plenty of questions indeed. He suppressed them, though, at Gabriel's urging. He forced a smile at the priest's quip - a smile that hid internal pain. It had been disturbingly similar to the last taunt the Voice had used in his nightmare. He picked an outfit from the clothes at random - among them happened to be the khakis and the red polo - and hurried to the bathroom perhaps a little quicker than was necessary. He set down the clothes on the floor and turned on the water.

As Crowley finished speaking, he raised his hands -- they had been resting on his legs -- and threw them against one another, applauding softly. It seemed the right thing to do after a speech. He didn't fully understand the situation, and he didn't fully understand the plan to deal with it, but he'd been told that the world was at stake, and that was enough for Peter. He'd led a thoroughly worthless life, and now it was time to see about changing that. He might not like himself, but he did like the world rather a lot.

And, apparently, this wasn't the first time he'd helped save it, so why not?
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Agritum wrote:Hilde, who was surrounded by a group of German ninja bodyguards with gas masks and red glowing eyes, raised a placard decked out with the colors of Imperial Germany, the name of her country impressed over it with golden letters.

"I motion to have the permission to give a speech of five minutes in length, honorable principal."

"Headmaster." Crowley corrected instinctively, holding out the microphone for Hilde to pick up. "Make a short speech if you like. Try not to insult our non-human members, if you will. They'll be fighting alongside you very, very soon." Crowley said sternly, as though he were an actual teacher.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:09 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Alice sat in her office, quietly and patiently smoking on a Cuban cigar. Sitting on the other side of her desk was Francois, though he had grown an impressive beard, which was neither tidy or messy. His clothes were wrinkled, and his hands were tucked into his pockets. He held a cigarette in his mouth despite this.

"So you mean to tell me that you've never had sex with a Thai ladyboy?" Alice asked.

FU's Headmistress shook her head, as she sucked down the last of her cigar. "This is unacceptable," she began. "Crowley's war with Heaven is coming up, and what will happen if you die? Then you'll never get the chance."

"I think you're making this a bigger deal than you need to," the Frenchman replied. "I'm not a sexual deviant like yourself. Besides, how can I possibly trust you? You want to have sex with the King of Hell."

"Sorry, Lord of Hell," Francois continued. Alice snapped her fingers, burning Francois' cigarette into ash. He stood, wiping the ash off of his shirt and tie.

"Well, class is starting soon," he said, as he grabbed his jacket and slid into it as he approached the door.

"Francois," Alice said, her voice stopping him from opening the door. The Frenchie glanced back.

"I'm serious about our trip to Bangkok, you know. We can even bring the students if you'd prefer."

Francois nodded. "Yes, I'd love for my students to cheer me on as I go to a tranny brothel in Bangkok. Maybe after we can drug some famous football player, cut out his kidneys, and dump him into a hotel in Sochi."

Suddenly, in front of them, a hologram appeared.

It was a hologram of Alexander Horn, who Francois and Alice had known from a few earlier adventures with him and Brazeneck in New Brunswick and Bangladesh. Horn looked at the pair of them. "Excellent to meet you." he said in French, since Francois and he were native in the language and Alice understood it. "Can you guys come to Bethlehem sometime soon? I have poutine. And we need to talk about the impeding war and such."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Esternial wrote:Her family massacred and its remnants scattered, Emilie knew there was no point in running and quietly sat in the Auditorium. She was part of a dying clan, one that had little hope of regaining the splendour it once enjoyed, so as a member she felt that there was no more place for her in this world. Vampires were reduced to living in the shadows, hiding amongst man. Though she took no preference to dominating others like cattle, she would have preferred both living side-by-side; perhaps that is why she took it upon herself to stay and serve a greater purpose rather than accommodate solely for her own needs. As wielder of her clan's heirloom, it was her duty to honour its name. For once she looked at the inscription that had ironically been left behind on the sword and took its words to heart.

Vince malum bono. Overcome evil with good.

It was time to shed the eternal stigma that rested on vampires and elevate herself to be more than a creature that fed on the blood of the living. That was her resolve, and as she made that resolve she felt a strange sensation enter her body. It felt like the sword resonated with her body. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but if she had to describe the sensation, it would be that the sword now felt as an extension of herself rather than a mere tool for killing. The feeling gave her confidence.

She was ready. Ready to do what was necessary. Ready to die for her goals.

Fen squeaked and carefully avoided flattening toes as she scooted across the row, crept down the aisle and took the empty seat next to Emi.

"I was worried you'd gotten lost," she winked at her roommate. "It looks like we're riding into danger together, again." The very thought of it delighted her. Of course, the last week had provided Fen with plenty of opportunities to enlighten Emi regarding the conversations which had taken place in the Headmaster's office.

Her attention turned to the stage just long enough to mentally register than Hilde was about to (most likely) launch into some sort of pro-human propaganda informative speech. Friendly Demon and Orc faces flashed in her mind and the Polynesian's lips narrowed into a thin line. Equality. She nestled into the seat and presented a neutral expression to Hilde.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:32 am

Franklin Damien Jameson landed with a thud outside Elfen High, his car about three miles back.

Not that it was his car, strictly, but he very much doubted that its actual owner cared much - seeing as Aberthol Wright had been murdered ten years ago.

"Propulsion seems good," D noted, "Might want to cut back on the power next time, though; tearing apart a car is one thing, we don't know how stable the architecture in Heaven is - let alone the soil. Are you getting this, HAL?"

"HUH?"

"Are you looking at Crowley's porn instead of taking notes again?"

"IT'S MY PORN, NOW."

"Right," D sighed, "We're done here. Nighty-night, HAL."

"SLEEP PROTOCOL ACTIVATED. WAIT, NO, I'LL BE GOO-"

With a soft hiss, D peeled in half, revealing another D inside - a matryoshka doll of smugness. The second D, the proper D, stepped out of his shell and extended his open palm at the chest. The D copycat flickered back into a suit of armor, which in turn crumbled into a metal briefcase.

D ran his fingers down the cold steel of his latest creation; the perfect exoskeleton. A faceless suit of gray armor, perfectly conforming to his body shape, the only indicator of life a red LED inside the left eye-slit. He snapped his fingers - in an instant, the armor took on a perfect recreation of the features of D himself.

"Sexy," D murmured with the slightest of grins.

"FREUDIAN."

"It's bigger on the inside," D explained, "just like the school. Simple principle, not-so-simple magic - but I worked it out."

"YOU MEAN I DID."

"And I worked you out," D replied, "Anyhow, it was all in Crowley's books; hopefully he doesn't mind terribly that I stole them."

"WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS, AGAIN?"

"It might come in handy someday, when Crowley pisses off the wrong warlock or something. You never know."

Lewis ran his fingers down the cold steel of his new cane, smirking as he did so. The mummy gulped.

"It's crude," he stammered, "It's-it's savage, it's-"

"Perfect," Lewis agreed. He stood up from his stool and rested his body on the cane, expertly assuming the posture of a cripple. In pursuing blood-lust, Lewis Jameson had taken from the theater a brilliant student.

"Let's start this bitch," he said. Though it was not his world, not his Uriel, he was eager to have the angel's head on a platter. Not because of a personal vendetta or sense of fatherly love for this world or some sappy bullshit like that - Lewis Jameson just loved a challenge, and Uriel was the finest challenge he had ever seen.

This was going to be fun.

Megan Jameson was not nearly so fancy as her erstwhile kin. She cocked her shotgun and grimaced - today was the day. Today, she died.

She emerged from her bedroom clad in a simple T-shirt and jeans; all the battle armor she had ever needed. It was not as though she had any plans of getting home.

This was the first time she had left her room in weeks. What had she been doing? Grieving? Crying? Preparing? It mattered not. The point was, she was out now, and she was out for blood.

Uriel had stolen her daughter. Uriel would never get the chance to do that again; she swore it on all the gods and on the grave of Lewis Jameson.

There was silence.

Contrary to popular belief, most people don't "poof" when they teleport, especially not Aziraphale. The angel was dressed in a black longcoat, which billowed in an imaginary wind. Beneath it, a wholly unremarkable gray suit with a blue tie. There was nothing quirky nor funny about it - it wouldn't have looked terribly out of place at a funeral, to be honest.

He looked around the lobby of Elfen High with uncertainty - Aziraphale was fairly sure that this was an awful idea. Still, if there was anyone who had to be there, it was him.

He still remembered, sometimes, what he did under Uriel's thrall. All the hatred. All the anger. That wasn't a fabrication of the androids, that was him. This was all his fault, his responsibility. He deserved this.

Today was the day. Today, he died.

D marched briskly down the halls, briefcase in hand. Today was the day. Today, he died.

He adjusted his tie. Might as well look nice for it, yeah? He hadn't worn a suit in long time; in fact, he hadn't owned one for even longer. Daisuke, however, had insisted he buy one, with the hearing and all coming up. As it turned out, when twelve of the most powerful men in the world disappeared at a stockholders' meeting for your company, people tended to get suspicious. Some of these people being Parliament. D had no actual plans of making it to the hearing, but he figured it was easier to buy a suit than argue with his partner. If they even were partners now.

He kicked open the entrance to the auditorium; handles, were for commies. As he had arranged, the second he did, the microphone was cut off and replaced with one of his own, buried in the collar of his suit.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he said, "and Crowley - enough with the speeches. This isn't fucking St. Crispin's Day, yeah? Most of us, we've been waiting for an opportunity to do this all our lives. Surely I'm not the only one who's fantasized about sodomizing Uriel with his own spine, and I for one can't wait any longer. So can we just get fucking started already?"

He cleared his throat at the blank stares.

"Oh, right," D said, "I'm Iron Man, by the way. More or less."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Agritum wrote:Outside of the lift, Sanchez would be saluted by a young, redheaded girl clad in a desert uniform, complete with an helmet and night googles, and a bulky assault rifle in her hands. Sanchez would have also noticed her black armband, with a white cross impressed over it.

"Excellent." Sanchez said with a smile, extending out his hand to shake her's. "It is very good to meet you. I was aware you were coming. I assume you've met Lily White before?" he asked, calling over the other girl who had arrived at Bethlehem just a few hours ago.

Lily had been in Elfen High for a few weeks, as per Sanchez's instructions. But as the war plans grew, he called her back to Bethlehem to prepare for the war against Heaven. She would likely be having lunch, as it was that time of the day.

Grace nodded, shaking Sanchez's hand in kind. "Yes, sir. I made acquaintance with her back in Elfen High, a few weeks ago. A competent and dutiful person, truly. I'm looking forward to working with her." she replied, with a little smile.

"Headmaster." Crowley corrected instinctively, holding out the microphone for Hilde to pick up. "Make a short speech if you like. Try not to insult our non-human members, if you will. They'll be fighting alongside you very, very soon." Crowley said sternly, as though he were an actual teacher

Hilde suppressed a grunt of outrage at Crowley's race-traitor manners, before standing up and walking to the podium where the microphone was placed. She thumped on it a few times, before adjusting its position and starting to speak.

"Sons and daughters of Earth! Soon, our armies shall march on the very clouds of the celestial realm, bringing death, destruction and despair to our avowed enemies! Myself, I have awaited for this moment since forever: this is not the end of our story, my brethren, but just the start of another epic tale! The humanity of decades ago, plagued by internal strife and conflict, will soon leave space for a new brand of humanity! An united humanity! An invincible humanity! A species so supreme that even the very gods of this universe won't be capable of stopping! The Golden Age of Humanity will soon come, my brethren, and you'll all be witness to it and the glory that it will bring! The day we'll defeat Heaven will mark this passage, and with it, a new world order shall rise! ALL HAIL MANKIND, FIERCE DAUGHTER OF GAIA!"

Hilde proceeded to bombastically spout the above words in her mic, making frenetical hand gestures and spirited facial expressions. Then, she suddenly recalled that she had to be at least a little more politically correct, otherwise the race-traitor Crowley would get upset.

"...I'd also like to thank our allies. Thanks."

And with that, she stepped down the podium.

Zarkenis Ultima
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarkenis Ultima » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:55 pm

The Lord of Hell sat at the auditorium, staring not at Elfen High's headmaster, but straight ahead. His mind was occupied with many things which he considered far more important than whatever Crowley's speech was going to be. The way he saw it, Crowley was giving a speech as a means of raising the morale of his own troops, his students, and so he did not consider it necessary to concern himself with it. Of course, he attended anyway because he was one of Elfen High's allies, after all, but even then, he was only there as a formality. In fact, he hadn't even bothered to don his human disguise, as he often did when in Elfen High or the human world in general. No, the Alastor who sat at the auditorium was the mighty armored demon that ruled Hell with strength and wisdom, not the man who taught others the history of Hell. And for now the Demon Lord saw no use in listening, so instead, he thought.

The past few weeks had been... Complicated, to say the least. A month ago, when he was told how long they had until the invasion of Heaven began, he did not stay any longer than necessary, instead heading back to his own dimension to arrange things for the war that was to come. During that month, several projects that were advancing slowly but steadily were pushed forward. Certain things were neglected in favor of others which could assist in turning the tide of the war. Hell's armies were alerted about the incoming battle. Alastor did what he could to impel forward military advancement in just a month. And, all things considered, the results had been better than one could have expected. Nothing groundbreaking began and ended that month, but several things that had been in development for a while were indeed finished just in time.

Unfortunately, there were unpleasant consequences as well. As one could expect, all of this movement raised the suspicions of the general populace, which was to be kept ignorant of the upcoming war as per Crowley's wishes. Needless to say, this was a daunting task, to say the least. To redirect so many resources to the development of weapons for their use in this upcoming war while keeping entirely silent about it in such a short notice was difficult. And even then, while there was unrest and the looming shadow of war was ever-present among the crowd, nothing serious had happened, and the details were kept secret. Some considered it miraclous that things went as well as they did. Alastor smirked under his helmet at the thought of that. Another miracle for Hell from the Demon Lord. He wondered when he would run out of those. Maybe he already had, and he would have to pay for them soon.

"Eh... My lord? Are you feeling well?" One of Alastor's companions asked, interrupting his thoughts. Alastor glanced at him and then went back to staring straight ahead, nodding.

"I'm fine, L'Enfer." He said. "Has Crowley given his speech yet?" He asked casually afterwards.

"Ah, yes, he did... How did you miss that?" His companion asked, but Alastor ignored the question.

"How was it?" He inquired.

"Ah, it was... Good, I guess. The part where..." L'Enfer began. But by then, Alastor wasn't listening, immersed in thoughts once again. Even Hilde's energetic speech went not unheard, but rather, unregistered.

"ZzZzZz..."

The man with the dragon arm leaned on a wall at the far back of the auditorium. While he was here with Carry and the others to help out with the war, he wasn't very concerned with the speech. Sure the world was at stake, but this whole business with Uriel and Heaven was new to him. He was hardly surprised, considering the things he had gone through, but it was still news. He had been out of the loop for quite a while after Montreal, apparently.

Either way, he simply idly listened while he leaned on the wall and checked his machine gun. The penguins, apparently, were decent engineers, decent enough to make a sleigh that can visit every house with kids living on it on a single day at least, and certainly decent enough to make some upgrades to the weapon grafted to his arm.

Once done, he started checking the other machine gun. He already had one, and the penguins could make another without a problem, so he figured, why not?
Hello! I'm your friendly neighborhood roleplayer cat. If you need any help, send me a TG and I'll see what I can do!
P2TM Community Discussion Thread

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Sir William Nilark entered the auditorium behind Hilde and her German ninja bodyguards, smiling and humming to himself. Crowley might have decided against dressing in a military uniform, but the other British knight in the room had no qualms about wearing one. King Harry had given him a King's Life Guard dress uniform a while back as a Christmas present, and William saw no reason why he shouldn't wear it. He was doing to a great service to King and Country, having helped protect the United Kingdom even if he had never officially joined the Army. And besides, it looked bloody spiffy, so William certainly wasn't going to complain about wearing it.

It had been quite an interesting month for William, really. There was the matter that his pregnant girlfriend was now the Chancellor of Germany, but other things had happened as well. Reckoning that he had put it off for long enough, William had returned to Yorkshire to see his family again, also bringing Hilde along since they were going to have a baby. It had certainly been an...interesting visit, but William thought it went well. His parents were certainly happy to see him again, though the fact that their second son was dating an albino German politician came as a shock. William's brother Robert was married now with twin baby boys, his sister Mary was a RAF pilot dating some Icelandic bloke, and Elizabeth was an actual teacher. Oddly enough, after his visit to North Yorkshire his red hair had started turning brown again, much to his surprise. It seemed almost symbolic, in a way, as he started getting his old life back. Or it was just some bizarre hair disorder.

The knight looked on as his lady gave another one of her speeches, which she had been doing a good deal of lately. Slipping his hands inside his pockets, the fingers of his left hand brushed over a small, velvet box, and William's mind wandered to a short speech he had been wanting to give to Hilde at some point, sooner rather than later, just to get it over with. Funny how the prospect of saying four small words could make you so nervous. William smiled and gave Hilde a thumbs-up once she finished.
Last edited by Constaniana on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:31 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:Alice sat in her office, quietly and patiently smoking on a Cuban cigar. Sitting on the other side of her desk was Francois, though he had grown an impressive beard, which was neither tidy or messy. His clothes were wrinkled, and his hands were tucked into his pockets. He held a cigarette in his mouth despite this.

Suddenly, in front of them, a hologram appeared.

It was a hologram of Alexander Horn, who Francois and Alice had known from a few earlier adventures with him and Brazeneck in New Brunswick and Bangladesh. Horn looked at the pair of them. "Excellent to meet you." he said in French, since Francois and he were native in the language and Alice understood it. "Can you guys come to Bethlehem sometime soon? I have poutine. And we need to talk about the impeding war and such."

Alice nodded. "Be right there," she replied.

The two suddenly appeared in Bethlehem, in the restaurant with Horn and Sanchez. Francois pulled out a cigarette, which Alice lit via snapping - Roy Mustang style.

"Lovely to see you again, Alexander," Alice said. "And Rick. It's... well, I can see you. What do we need to discuss."

Francois coughed, smoke flowing out of his mouth and upward into the air. "Clearly we need to discuss when this place got here. I've never had poutine in Israel before." The Frenchman nodded at the man at the counter. "Poutine, and lots of it. Oh, and some beer."
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:"Excellent." Sanchez said with a smile, extending out his hand to shake her's. "It is very good to meet you. I was aware you were coming. I assume you've met Lily White before?" he asked, calling over the other girl who had arrived at Bethlehem just a few hours ago.

Grace nodded, shaking Sanchez's hand in kind. "Yes, sir. I made acquaintance with her back in Elfen High, a few weeks ago. A competent and dutiful person, truly. I'm looking forward to working with her." she replied, with a little smile.

"Headmaster." Crowley corrected instinctively, holding out the microphone for Hilde to pick up. "Make a short speech if you like. Try not to insult our non-human members, if you will. They'll be fighting alongside you very, very soon." Crowley said sternly, as though he were an actual teacher

Hilde suppressed a grunt of outrage at Crowley's race-traitor manners, before standing up and walking to the podium where the microphone was placed. She thumped on it a few times, before adjusting its position and starting to speak.

"Sons and daughters of Earth! Soon, our armies shall march on the very clouds of the celestial realm, bringing death, destruction and despair to our avowed enemies! Myself, I have awaited for this moment since forever: this is not the end of our story, my brethren, but just the start of another epic tale! The humanity of decades ago, plagued by internal strife and conflict, will soon leave space for a new brand of humanity! An united humanity! An invincible humanity! A species so supreme that even the very gods of this universe won't be capable of stopping! The Golden Age of Humanity will soon come, my brethren, and you'll all be witness to it and the glory that it will bring! The day we'll defeat Heaven will mark this passage, and with it, a new world order shall rise! ALL HAIL MANKIND, FIERCE DAUGHTER OF GAIA!"

Hilde proceeded to bombastically spout the above words in her mic, making frenetical hand gestures and spirited facial expressions. Then, she suddenly recalled that she had to be at least a little more politically correct, otherwise the race-traitor Crowley would get upset.

Crowley just facepalmed. He stood up there like that for a few seconds. "Alright, lesson learnt from this? Hilde should not be given a microphone or any type of amplifying device, and her boyfriend ought to keep her mouth busy with other things." he looked at D. "Oh yes, there's Franklin up there." He used the microphone, now powering it with magic rather than electricity. "We will indeed get started with the work. I'm arranging transportation to Bethlehem soon through means of a portal. You have any other remarks?"
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm

Agritum wrote:Grace nodded, shaking Sanchez's hand in kind. "Yes, sir. I made acquaintance with her back in Elfen High, a few weeks ago. A competent and dutiful person, truly. I'm looking forward to working with her." she replied, with a little smile.

Crowley just facepalmed. He stood up there like that for a few seconds. "Alright, lesson learnt from this? Hilde should not be given a microphone or any type of amplifying device, and her boyfriend ought to keep her mouth busy with other things." he looked at D. "Oh yes, there's Franklin up there." He used the microphone, now powering it with magic rather than electricity. "We will indeed get started with the work. I'm arranging transportation to Bethlehem soon through means of a portal. You have any other remarks?"

"Don't wear glasses," D replied, "you like a child rapist. Which is in stark contrast to your usual look of a regular rapist."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Suddenly, in front of them, a hologram appeared.

Alice nodded. "Be right there," she replied.

The two suddenly appeared in Bethlehem, in the restaurant with Horn and Sanchez. Francois pulled out a cigarette, which Alice lit via snapping - Roy Mustang style.

"Lovely to see you again, Alexander," Alice said. "And Rick. It's... well, I can see you. What do we need to discuss."

Francois coughed, smoke flowing out of his mouth and upward into the air. "Clearly we need to discuss when this place got here. I've never had poutine in Israel before." The Frenchman nodded at the man at the counter. "Poutine, and lots of it. Oh, and some beer."

Notably, Horn and Sanchez were not currently in the same place anymore. Sanchez had left - Horn was using his laptop to project a hologram in Alice's office. He looked surprised at seeing the two already. "That was quick." he noted. "Anyway," he shuffled in his chair as the Arab man went to get some poutine but skipped out on bringing beer. For some reason, alcohol was not particularly liked in the holy (and Muslim majority) city of Bethlehem. "This restaurant was built a few years ago, when the ISSR was building a lot of other stuff. Because of the conflicts in Lebanon and Egypt, you know. We had a few Quebecois who wanted a taste of home, so they encouraged building this." he gestured. "I'm sorry to hear about Henry. He was a good man."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Astrolinium wrote:Caspian Lawrence frowned, eyebrows slanting downward in a puppy dog-like manner. He was sitting in a chair -- quite an ordinary chair -- and in both hands he held a cup of tea. Gently, carefully, he lifted it to his mouth and took a sip.

He'd taken the day spent on Avalon as an opportunity for a change of dress. His old outfit -- inspired largely by the Second and Eleventh Doctors -- had grown to bore him, so he'd gone back to his roots in terms of where he'd acquired his dress sense, though in a way somewhat more suited for battle. 100% Rebel Time Traveler, he liked to think of it as -- no frills, no scarves, no bow ties, and no umbrellas. Pressed white oxford shirt under a navy waistcoat, with trousers in that same colour. Over that, a black suit jacket -- a bit of a lengthy affair, it went down to his knees -- with a red lining. Black Doc Martens on his feet. The pockets on the coat were, of course, bigger on the inside -- perfect for storing the multitude of futuristic weapons he possessed.

Lowering the tea again, Caspian said, voice a bit thin, "That sounds like a pterosaur. I had a nasty run-in with pterosaurs a few years back. But I'm going to make an inference based on the recent talk of dragons and say that that is not, in fact, a pterosaur, though it may indeed fit the designation of 'flying reptile'."

"More than likely." Gabriel said. "Now, the relationship between Fae and dragons. Leviathan. Let's start there. The Leviathan is a beast that existed at the dawn of everything, and quite frankly is everything to an extent...." Gabriel went onto explain the beasts, which I have written about here. "Further questions?"
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 am

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:"Excellent." Sanchez said with a smile, extending out his hand to shake her's. "It is very good to meet you. I was aware you were coming. I assume you've met Lily White before?" he asked, calling over the other girl who had arrived at Bethlehem just a few hours ago.

Sanchez nodded. "Do you have any particular questions for us? Have you been informed about the upcoming war?"
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

Agritum wrote:Grace nodded, shaking Sanchez's hand in kind. "Yes, sir. I made acquaintance with her back in Elfen High, a few weeks ago. A competent and dutiful person, truly. I'm looking forward to working with her." she replied, with a little smile.

Sanchez nodded. "Do you have any particular questions for us? Have you been informed about the upcoming war?"

"Affirmative, Sir. I don't know the finer details of the operation, given that they are highly classified, but I know what its final goal is. To be sincere, I still have some qualms about taking part in such an attack, but I feel as if I shouldn't have them: the Church itself authorized my presence here, and they surely know more about this situation than I do." Grace replied, glancing aside for a moment. Her expression was quite serious, right now.

"However, I still have one question, Mr Sanchez: do you think that what we will be doing will sit well with the Lord himself? Are we using our free will to move closer to him and fulfill his will, or are we attacking his own creation and realm? The Church itself thinks that the former is happening, and I lean towards that opinion, but...see, Sir, I'm still somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of possibly sinning and committing violence against Him."

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Sanchez nodded. "Do you have any particular questions for us? Have you been informed about the upcoming war?"

"Affirmative, Sir. I don't know the finer details of the operation, given that they are highly classified, but I know what its final goal is. To be sincere, I still have some qualms about taking part in such an attack, but I feel as if I shouldn't have them: the Church itself authorized my presence here, and they surely know more about this situation than I do." Grace replied, glancing aside for a moment. Her expression was quite serious, right now.

"However, I still have one question, Mr Sanchez: do you think that what we will be doing will sit well with the Lord himself? Are we using our free will to move closer to him and fulfill his will, or are we attacking his own creation and realm? The Church itself thinks that the former is happening, and I lean towards that opinion, but...see, Sir, I'm still somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of possibly sinning and committing violence against Him."

Sanchez frowned. "Well, I haven't been religious in quite some time." he said. "But personally, I'd say that the person in charge of Heaven right now, Uriel, is a psychopath and a monster. And God himself hasn't been seen by anyone in millennia, according to the archangel Raphael. Uriel is a sadist, and I can't imagine the God you worship condoning the things he does."

Again, Sanchez hadn't set foot in church for pious reasons in a very long time. He occasionally went with some older family members to his church in San Juan, but never actually stayed for services or anything. It was just ritual, with no heart behind it for him. Hadn't been any for a long while. Sanchez had basically concluded that men made their own gods, now that he had seen what the real ones were actually like. And the god Sanchez made for himself was humanity.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm

Agritum wrote:"Affirmative, Sir. I don't know the finer details of the operation, given that they are highly classified, but I know what its final goal is. To be sincere, I still have some qualms about taking part in such an attack, but I feel as if I shouldn't have them: the Church itself authorized my presence here, and they surely know more about this situation than I do." Grace replied, glancing aside for a moment. Her expression was quite serious, right now.

Sanchez frowned. "Well, I haven't been religious in quite some time." he said. "But personally, I'd say that the person in charge of Heaven right now, Uriel, is a psychopath and a monster. And God himself hasn't been seen by anyone in millennia, according to the archangel Raphael. Uriel is a sadist, and I can't imagine the God you worship condoning the things he does."

Again, Sanchez hadn't set foot in church for pious reasons in a very long time. He occasionally went with some older family members to his church in San Juan, but never actually stayed for services or anything. It was just ritual, with no heart behind it for him. Hadn't been any for a long while. Sanchez had basically concluded that men made their own gods, now that he had seen what the real ones were actually like. And the god Sanchez made for himself was humanity.

Grace nodded to Sanchez, a bit grimly, but understanding and sharing his reasoning. "Indeed, Sir. I think that my conscience can rest well, in this case. If it is my duty to help in defeating a dangerous fallen angel, so be it. It's the right thing to do, and I'll do it." she affirmed in a stern tone, looking directly into Sanchez's eyes. "Just tell me what my role in the operation will be, Sir."

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Agritum wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Sanchez frowned. "Well, I haven't been religious in quite some time." he said. "But personally, I'd say that the person in charge of Heaven right now, Uriel, is a psychopath and a monster. And God himself hasn't been seen by anyone in millennia, according to the archangel Raphael. Uriel is a sadist, and I can't imagine the God you worship condoning the things he does."

Grace nodded to Sanchez, a bit grimly, but understanding and sharing his reasoning. "Indeed, Sir. I think that my conscience can rest well, in this case. If it is my duty to help in defeating a dangerous fallen angel, so be it. It's the right thing to do, and I'll do it." she affirmed in a stern tone, looking directly into Sanchez's eyes. "Just tell me what my role in the operation will be, Sir."

"A soldier." Sanchez said bluntly. "To a large extent, most of us are soldiers now. All that varies is the extent. You'll likely work alongside Lily and others, as well as Elfen High at large. They're coming here tomorrow. First, you're likely hungry. I recommend going up to see a Quebecois restaurant not too far from here. You can ask a local, but there are signs in four languages you can follow. You can also feel free to explore Bethlehem. It's a rare chance. And depending on how this war goes, God knows if any of us will get the chance again."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Agritum wrote:Grace nodded to Sanchez, a bit grimly, but understanding and sharing his reasoning. "Indeed, Sir. I think that my conscience can rest well, in this case. If it is my duty to help in defeating a dangerous fallen angel, so be it. It's the right thing to do, and I'll do it." she affirmed in a stern tone, looking directly into Sanchez's eyes. "Just tell me what my role in the operation will be, Sir."

"A soldier." Sanchez said bluntly. "To a large extent, most of us are soldiers now. All that varies is the extent. You'll likely work alongside Lily and others, as well as Elfen High at large. They're coming here tomorrow. First, you're likely hungry. I recommend going up to see a Quebecois restaurant not too far from here. You can ask a local, but there are signs in four languages you can follow. You can also feel free to explore Bethlehem. It's a rare chance. And depending on how this war goes, God knows if any of us will get the chance again."

Grace nodded. "I think I'll pass on lunch, then. I feel I have to go to somewhere else, right now. However, I'll be ready to be deployed at any time you want, Sir." she replied, saluting and walking up to the lift, with a destination already set in her mind.

In Betlehem, there's a basilica considered to be one of the most important ones of all Christendom. To access said basilica, you have to go through a small and humble door, The Door of Humility. After doing so, you can climb down a corridor and reach a small, cramped and usually crowded chamber. An altar lies in said chamber, a fourteen-pointed star placed under it.

Grace did the above, before kneeling in front of the altar, removing her helmet, executing the sign of the cross, gazing down at the star, and uniting her hands in prayer. Her eyes were lucid, almost teary.

"Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary." Grace recited.

The young student shifted her eyes towards the decorations on the altar, depicting the newborn Messiah, with Mary and Joseph to his side. It was beautiful, simply beautiful. It filled Grace with hope and devotion, and renewed her will to fight for the good of the one, universal Church and of all of God's children

"Amen."

And yet, Grace still felt that just that prayer alone wasn't enough. In her opinion, a person in particular needed a prayer, to aid him in his endeavour, regardless of his beliefs. Thus, she recited:

"O Father, who art in heaven, inspire and cherish this misguided soul, and lead it back to your blessed flock, for he is an honest and worthy man. Shield him from sin and from the flames of Hell, and guide him in his mission, for he seeks only the best for his fellow living beings. Make him into a model Christian and leader, and bring him to the light. Please, O Lord Almighty, heed my prayer and help President Sanchez and his allies, for they are the valiant defenders of your children. In the name of the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost, Amen."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse