NATION

PASSWORD

NS infantry discussion thread. Mark II

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next iteration of the IDT?

Aqizithiuda
27%
Benomia
25%
Dread Lady Nathicana
4%
Kyrusia
2%
Purpelia
8%
Samoz (Imperializt Russia)
6%
Spreewerke
10%
Transnapastain
7%
Ulfr-Reich / Aethal
2%
United states of brazilian nations
7%

Total votes : 134

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Bezombia wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly what an Air Marshal does?
Wiki just gives me information about its seniority which doesn't tell me anything.

Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

EDIT:

Last edited by Spreewerke on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:01 pm

Wiki just gives me information about its seniority which doesn't tell me anything.

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/federal-air-marshals

Its still full of LEO jargon, of course.
Last edited by Transnapastain on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:

Air marshals stop hijackers from taking over planes and doing really bad things with them.

Aah.

Well in that case it would be an APR-86C compact pistol converted to be semi-automatic only, and also converted to fire .45 Nko subsonic ammunition (as opposed to the native and obsolete 10x25 Benomian).
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

tl;dr: Protect teh freedom.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Spreewerke wrote:

Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

And we issue them firearms to make their self-immolation that much easier?

So, based on this, I'm assuming an M2 Flamethrower would not be that outlandish to issue to these marshals.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

And we issue them firearms to make their self-immolation that much easier?

So, based on this, I'm assuming an M2 Flamethrower would not be that outlandish to issue to these marshals.

The joke.

Your head.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Spreewerke wrote:

I feel like this is Tuesdays in some of the regular nations here. :|
Unreachable.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Does anyone know where the PMT people hang on here? I need some information about something I write privately, like sabot rounds in firearms.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Vareiln wrote:And if he doesn't want to, he can just use a rimless version of it, just like I did with my old nation.
Or go the Finnish route. :p

7.92x57mm IS is rimless. It also goes by 8mm Mauser.

Oh my god, I confused it with 7.62mmR.
I think my eyes may need to get checked... :unsure:

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Because dozens of pellets flying at face-level in a commercial airliner is the absolute best of ideas, especially when Air Marshals are plainclothes.

Harpoon gun for maximum deterrence.

Aim. Fire. Detonate. Inject air if necessary. Reel in. Flense. Repeat.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Transnapastain wrote:

Do they get frequent flyer miles?
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Vareiln
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vareiln » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Romic wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

Do they get frequent flyer miles?

According to the only tenuous connection I have to an air marshal, no.
I'd take that with a heavy grain of salt though.

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:29 pm

It was more of a smart wise crack. That kinda sucks though. Wonder how much they get paid.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:Does anyone know where the PMT people hang on here? I need some information about something I write privately, like sabot rounds in firearms.

Sabots are far from PMT. What do you want to know specifically?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 pm

u cunts better look at me cu'-liss

Link because I can't into spoilers and spam
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Arkandros wrote:A 12 gauge riot shotgun (either a Ithaca 37 or Armsel Striker), loaded with rubber buckshot and rubber baton rounds. hurts like hell, but still nonlethal to minimize civilian injuries. Effective both for target suppression and terrorizing. Wanna kill someone? Give your officers a bolt gun.

Because dozens of pellets flying at face-level in a commercial airliner is the absolute best of ideas, especially when Air Marshals are plainclothes.

Let me tell you a story. A while back, I went to Poland. This was near the end of the cold war, so everyone was still a little on edge. Anyway, I was taking a plane from Warsaw to Krakow, and as we boarded on the tarmac, there was a military officer in front of the plane with a machine gun. I don't mean assault rifle; I mean a big ol' PKM. During the entire flight, he just stood at the front, holding that gun. He just watched the passengers, to make sure no one tried to hijack the plane. His presence, and the passenger's awareness of his presence, was as effective, if not more so, than that of any air marshal's actions. Hands down the safest I have ever felt on a plane, regardless of country. Moral of the story: Seeing a security officer can be much more effective than the guard himself. you'd think twice before charging a giant holding a machine gun when you are wielding a boxcutter. Plainclothes officer? Not so much.
Secondly, rubber rounds are designed to be nonlethal. can they cause injury? You bet. Can they kill? Very rarely. According the following study, targets directly fired at had a 1 in 90 chance of lethal wounds. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bjs.1800620613/abstract keep in mind that those statistics are for targets directly in the line of fire with the weapon aimed at the chest, resulting in the high rate of neck and face wounds- modern training directs users to aim for the gut to avoid vital organs.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

Let me tell you a story. A while back, I went to Poland. This was near the end of the cold war, so everyone was still a little on edge. Anyway, I was taking a plane from Warsaw to Krakow, and as we boarded on the tarmac, there was a military officer in front of the plane with a machine gun. I don't mean assault rifle; I mean a big ol' PKM. During the entire flight, he just stood at the front, holding that gun. He just watched the passengers, to make sure no one tried to hijack the plane. His presence, and the passenger's awareness of his presence, was as effective, if not more so, than that of any air marshal's actions. Hands down the safest I have ever felt on a plane, regardless of country. Moral of the story: Seeing a security officer can be much more effective than the guard himself. you'd think twice before charging a giant holding a machine gun when you are wielding a boxcutter. Plainclothes officer? Not so much.
Secondly, rubber rounds are designed to be nonlethal. can they cause injury? You bet. Can they kill? Very rarely. According the following study, targets directly fired at had a 1 in 90 chance of lethal wounds. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bjs.1800620613/abstract keep in mind that those statistics are for targets directly in the line of fire with the weapon aimed at the chest, resulting in the high rate of neck and face wounds- modern training directs users to aim for the gut to avoid vital organs.

The fact that you aren't consciously trying to minimize unnecessary civilian casualties in any way reasonably possible tells me that you may need to rethink the purpose of your law enforcement.

A PKM will shoot what you aim it at. A shotgun fires more than one projectile in a spread.
Last edited by Bezombia on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Arkandros wrote:Let me tell you a story. A while back, I went to Poland. This was near the end of the cold war, so everyone was still a little on edge. Anyway, I was taking a plane from Warsaw to Krakow, and as we boarded on the tarmac, there was a military officer in front of the plane with a machine gun. I don't mean assault rifle; I mean a big ol' PKM. During the entire flight, he just stood at the front, holding that gun. He just watched the passengers, to make sure no one tried to hijack the plane. His presence, and the passenger's awareness of his presence, was as effective, if not more so, than that of any air marshal's actions. Hands down the safest I have ever felt on a plane, regardless of country. Moral of the story: Seeing a security officer can be much more effective than the guard himself. you'd think twice before charging a giant holding a machine gun when you are wielding a boxcutter. Plainclothes officer? Not so much.

The fact that you aren't contumaciously trying to minimize unnecessary civilian casualties in any way reasonably possible tells me that you may need to rethink the purpose of your law enforcement.

A PKM will shoot what you aim it at. A shotgun fires more than one projectile in a spread.

Hence rubber baton rounds and beanbag rounds. I believe I specified this originally, forgive me if I did not.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

A PKM on a commercial airliner is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. Sure, you'll hit the guy with a boxcutter, but your 7.62x54mmR also just cut through rows A through E.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Spreewerke wrote:
Arkandros wrote:Let me tell you a story. A while back, I went to Poland. This was near the end of the cold war, so everyone was still a little on edge. Anyway, I was taking a plane from Warsaw to Krakow, and as we boarded on the tarmac, there was a military officer in front of the plane with a machine gun. I don't mean assault rifle; I mean a big ol' PKM. During the entire flight, he just stood at the front, holding that gun. He just watched the passengers, to make sure no one tried to hijack the plane. His presence, and the passenger's awareness of his presence, was as effective, if not more so, than that of any air marshal's actions. Hands down the safest I have ever felt on a plane, regardless of country. Moral of the story: Seeing a security officer can be much more effective than the guard himself. you'd think twice before charging a giant holding a machine gun when you are wielding a boxcutter. Plainclothes officer? Not so much.

A PKM on a commercial airliner is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. Sure, you'll hit the guy with a boxcutter, but your 7.62x54mmR also just cut through rows A through E.

WELCOME TO COLD WAR POLAND! Where you'll get shot on the street for crimes! And sometimes you'll be shot even if you didn't do anything! Different times, pal.
John F. Kennedy

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:59 pm

Spreewerke wrote:

Not to mention how incredibly bulky and completely useless it would be to have a belt fed machine gun on a plane.

Black Hand
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Hand » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 pm

wouldn't a .330 Blackout hollowpoint be ideal for this sort of sisutation? I see no reason why a PKM is nessecary.

also
Doppio Giudici wrote:Does anyone know where the PMT people hang on here? I need some information about something I write privately, like sabot rounds in firearms.

I am PMT feel free to message me. not sure what you want to know about sabots and how that relates to PMT
Servus patriae
C&C Based PMT
Pax Per potestatem
I live in a World all my own.
Puzikas wrote:You clearly don't know about the baby bald eagle built into each one.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Why is there a "joke option" included in the poll when "yes" is already there?

Fordorsia wrote:Sight rib? Like a barbecue?

Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?

San-Silvacian wrote:Nothing says I love you like a fine Belgian firearm.

Bezombia wrote: "glorious discharge"

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Arkandros wrote:
Spreewerke wrote:

WELCOME TO COLD WAR POLAND! Where you'll get shot on the street for crimes! And sometimes you'll be shot even if you didn't do anything! Different times, pal.

I don't think the Cold War necessitates strategical retardation. I have had relatives fly internationally in Soviet countries during the Cold War, and I recall absolutely no stories involving armed guards on the airliner itself. This was in Hungary, however. Regardless, whether it happened or not, a PKM in a confined, civilian-filled, pressurized, airborne tube is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of in my life. If I wanted to inflict civilian casualties on that flight, I'd conduct standard insurgent procedure. Either way I'm dying: if I succeed, I down the plane. If I fail, the government just killed a few dozen of its own civilians.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 pm

Black Hand wrote:wouldn't a .330 Blackout hollowpoint be ideal for this sort of sisutation? I see no reason why a PKM is nessecary.

Even that much seems like overkill to me. Just give em a .45 and tell them to aim wisely.

Spreewerke
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Spreewerke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:05 pm

Bezombia wrote:
Black Hand wrote:wouldn't a .330 Blackout hollowpoint be ideal for this sort of sisutation? I see no reason why a PKM is nessecary.

Even that much seems like overkill to me. Just give em a .45 and tell them to aim wisely.

Or, you know, a Taser. Maybe a .40 S&W with Glasers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information