NATION

PASSWORD

OOC 1870 RP (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Actually, I am exercising effective occupation and are bound in treaties with the Warsangali Sultans and Potentates, whereas your people haven't even landed upon our shores yet (as of September).

Yeah I did, remember the floating city?

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:22 pm

If we time skip to 1875, I probably would have made North Paraguay a US territory, as MacArthur deems it essential to peace in South America. The alliance with Colombia would have presumably gone well and I'd have a military presence there as well.

Also, I'd probably still be a little irked because I wasn't invited to Caito >:(
Last edited by Gibberan on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Actually, I am exercising effective occupation and are bound in treaties with the Warsangali Sultans and Potentates, whereas your people haven't even landed upon our shores yet (as of September).

Yeah I did, remember the floating city?

Which is in November.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Gibberan wrote:If we time skip to 1875, I probably would have made North Paraguay a US territory, as MacArthur deems it essential to peace in South America. The alliance with Colombia would have presumably gone well and I'd have a military presence there as well.

Also, I'd probably still be a little irked because I wasn't invited to Caito >:(

Egypt does not want to break its close ties with America; had it known earlier OOC-wise, it would have invited the then-inactive America. Besides, Egypt still does not know of the Liberia purchase, which would mean that America does have a stake in America.

Could I do some minor retconning so that your delegation is with us?

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Which is in November.

That was before we adjusted and set the time, I assumed it already happened. If not, I will just go edit the dates.

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:18 pm

If we were to skip. It would be up to all previous and current South African, Russia and US players to draw the borders of South America

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Which is in November.

That was before we adjusted and set the time, I assumed it already happened. If not, I will just go edit the dates.

The Conference was in September though.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:33 pm

Map update, which I had planned to post before the New Year.

Currently transferring our map to one two times its size, with PDM colours.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Kryskov wrote:That was before we adjusted and set the time, I assumed it already happened. If not, I will just go edit the dates.

But I'm saying that the post was made under a time of confusion regarding the date, so it was made prior to the conference (in my mind).

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:37 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:

But I'm saying that the post was made under a time of confusion regarding the date, so it was made prior to the conference (in my mind).

What date would that have been then?

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Gibberan wrote:If we time skip to 1875, I probably would have made North Paraguay a US territory, as MacArthur deems it essential to peace in South America. The alliance with Colombia would have presumably gone well and I'd have a military presence there as well.

Egypt does not want to break its close ties with America; had it known earlier OOC-wise, it would have invited the then-inactive America. Besides, Egypt still does not know of the Liberia purchase, which would mean that America does have a stake in America.

I was mainly joking, but yes, please do. My delegation will be led by, hmmm...our own former SoS, William Seward!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
What date would that have been then?

Probably a week or two before the conference, circa September 10.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:53 pm

Gibberan wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:

I was mainly joking, but yes, please do. My delegation will be led by, hmmm...our own former SoS, William Seward!

Post away. The date is 24 September, not the 21st as the last three posts mention.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Gibberan wrote:I was mainly joking, but yes, please do. My delegation will be led by, hmmm...our own former SoS, William Seward!

Post away. The date is 24 September, not the 21st as the last three posts mention.

All right, I'll post tomorrow (which is currently five minutes away, :p )

Proud Esquarian!

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Are you Time-Skip to 1875?

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 am

The Time Alliance wrote:Are you Time-Skip to 1875?

Aye.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:45 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:To make it look like I am. Though I never wanted colonisation to be impossible, just needlessly difficult.

As per our treaty cum declaration of independence with Turkey, all French possessions in Algeria, present or future, belongs to Turkey de jure. France has five years to rebuild, and in the meantime Turkey takes what it wills.

Does France acknowledge such a treaty?

Why on earth would a country with no presence or influence and officially still subscribing to the Monroe Doctrine be invited to a conference dividing Africa.

Also I planned for the Rio conference to restore and reunite Paraguay, possibly even with some new territories taken from Argentina. Why would America want to waste its resources running a country on the far side of the earth known for its near complete isolation and its tendency to die-hard guerrilla warfare which has no real resource and barely has a coastline?

About timesip here is what Russia does;

• January: Conclude the Rio Conference, make peace with Argentina on the terms reached by the conference (which at the very least will include the establishment of a Russian naval base somewhere in Argentina. (probably on and controlling the entire Valdes Peninsula)
  • January to April: Armenian terrorist cell help spark civil war in the new "independent" Armenia attacking Muslims in the region. The Armenians in the region soon use their newly created state to institute anti-Muslim programs enjoying the ostensible support of Russia.
  • March: The Russian navy, bringing Foreign Minister Gorchakov with it, arrives at the Mediterranean. It begins to settle in at its naval bases on Sinai, paying the sum it owes Egypt.
  • March: In keeping with a secret agreement with the UK Russia begins to reach for Afghanistan; a Russian ambassador and numerous spies are sent with some soldiers of the Emirate of Bukhara to Kabul on a diplomatic mission.
  • March: Skobelev resumes the war in Kashgaria launching attacks against Qing garrisons in the region.
  • March: Wojtyła annexes some territories of Inner Mongolia in an attempt to increase support for his regime to permit him to introduce reformist measures.
  • April: The Russian Empire sends 100,000 soldiers eastwards towards Manchuria. Nikolay Girs is sent with a delegation to Peking.
  • April: Prince Gorchakov returns to Saint Petersburg and near the end of the month he accomplishes his longtime goal when Russia announces it will no longer adhere to the demilitarization of the Black Sea clause of the Paris Treaty.
  • May: Girs arrives at Peking and begins negotiations with the Qing Dynasty that after the fall of Manchuria is on the brink of collapse.
  • May: The situation in Armenia escalates and as Turkish (and Armenian) casualties are mounting, the Ottoman Empire is forced to interfere. Its mobilization is however met with a harsh Russian response. Large parts of the Medditerranean fleet is moved into the Black Sea where Russia begins a militarization.
  • June-July: While Russia is mobilizing armies in the Caucasus the Armenian nationals in the Russian Army is giving leave of absence and sent into Armenia as "volunteers". The Russian government is hoping this will force the Ottoman Empire into war. It doesn't happen the Ottomans back down and a proxy war begins in Armenia with Russia and the Ottomans each supporting a group.
  • June: The Qing Dynasty signs the Second Peking Treaty. In exchange for the return of Manchuria the Qing will give independency to two states in Xinjiang, Yaqub Beg's Kashgaria (the Tarim Basin) and a Hui Dzungaria and secede parts of Inner Mongolia to Russia. Furthermore the Qing has to secede for a period of one hundred years the Dalian peninsula to Russia and permanently permit a Russian naval base there. Manchuria, Inner Mongolia and Tibet will all be placed in a Russian sphere of influence. The Qing will pay two hundred million taels of Silver to Russia over a period of fifty years. Strong incentive is introduced to reduce the Han population in Manchuria and Inner Mongolia, both territories receives increased autonomy. A number of other provisions are also included and the treaty is considered the ultimate unequal treaty but is none the less deemed essential by the Qing government which cannot accept the loose of Manchuria.
  • July: As Russian soldiers nears the Russian government realizes that the long reaction time for Russia to send troops to the far east is unacceptable as the Empire increases its focus on China and Japan. Plans for a Trans-siberian railroad is introduced.
  • July: The Manchurian War begins. A hundred thousand Russian troops and two hundred thousand Chinese ones attacks the Japanese forces in Manchuria. The overwhelming numerical superiority of the Russo-Qing Alliance quickly drives the Japanese out, though the last pockets of stalwart Japanese resistance is not crushed till 1872.
  • July-October: The conflict in Armenia escalates as the Armenian "Fatherland Militia", effectively the Russian Army's Armenian units, tips the scales dramatically in Armenian favor. Kurds and Assyrians are increasingly embroiled in the conflict, Kurds on Turkish side and Assyrians grudgingly on the Armenian one.
  • July-December: The Russian Empire introduces a new reform program. The ethnic senate established during Alexander II's illness is rejected but liberals in the Empire convinces the Emperor to establish a new Russian Parliament with greater power than ever before. The powers of the Zemstvo is also, somewhat, increased.
  • August: A russian embassy is sent to Tibet only to be expelled.
  • September: Wojtyła introduces reforms in Mongolia diminishing the influence of the Banner Princes, relying on support from the Buddhists and his increasing popularity among the commoners to weaken the princes.
  • October: War breaks out between Yaqub Beg and Russia as the Amir is informed that Dzungaria will become an independent nation not part of Kashgaria. Skobelev dismisses his Turcomen troops and assemble an army of Hui and Han and prepares to defend Dzungaria against the numerically superior Kashgaria forces. In the second Battle of Turpan an effective draw is secured but both sides believe Skobelev the victor. Dzungaria is saved for the remainder of 1871 as winter brings a standstill in the conflict, and Skobelev is promoted for his heroism.
  • November: The Armenian conflict is largely suspended during the winter with most of the country now in Armenian hands.
  • December: Prince Gorchakov, is promoted to Chancellor of the Russian Empire.

WIP

Second Peking Convention highlights
  • Russia pledges to drive the Japanese out of Manchuria.
  • China gives independency to the Kingdom of Kashgaria and a Dzungaria state.
  • China agrees to pay Russia two hundred million taels of silver over a period of fifty years with an interest rate of 4 %.
  • China establish a semi-autonomous Manchurian Kingdom in China.
  • China establish a semi-autonomous Mongolian territory in China including Inner Mongolia and Alxa League.
  • China confirms the autonomy of Tibet, the borders of which is defined as including not only Ü-Tsang but also Amdo and Kham.
  • China implement policies to discourage the settlement of Han peoples in Manchuria, Chinese Mongolia and Tibet.
  • Russia is given special economic rights in Tibet, Chinese Mongolia and Manchuria, specifically the Russian government is given a monopoly on opening and operating mines in those territories.
  • China secedes for a period of one hundred years the tip of the Liadong peninsula to Russia, Russia is permitted to permanently hold a naval base there, and to build a railroad connecting it to Russia over which Russia will have extraterritoriality.
  • WIP
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:49 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:To make it look like I am. Though I never wanted colonisation to be impossible, just needlessly difficult.

As per our treaty cum declaration of independence with Turkey, all French possessions in Algeria, present or future, belongs to Turkey de jure. France has five years to rebuild, and in the meantime Turkey takes what it wills.

Does France acknowledge such a treaty?

Why on earth would a country with no presence or influence and officially still subscribing to the Monroe Doctrine be invited to a conference dividing Africa.

Also I planned for the Rio conference to restore and reunite Paraguay, possibly even with some new territories taken from Argentina. Why would America want to waste its resources running a country on the far side of the earth known for its near complete isolation and its tendency to die-hard guerrilla warfare which has no real resource and barely has a coastline?

The US would under no circumstances let go of North Paraguay, unless the country is re-unified under a democratic government with a moderate-large US military presence (which would have already been there before to protect the massive amounts of American interest in the region), similar to what we would have in Colombia. By this time we would be, after seeing France's success with the Suez Canal, pressuring Colombia to allow the US to work on a Panama Canal.

We would also, according to the Monroe Doctrine, have to force any Russian presence in the Americas out, unless we become allies, in which case we could make an exception.... ;)

Proud Esquarian!

The Time Alliance
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Time Alliance » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:52 am

The way I see it Argentina will be divided into the following.
North Paraguay (USA)
Paraguay
Patagonia
Argentina
Uruguay (Russia)

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:55 am

Also, a list of conflicts so far:

*Paraguay War (Tie between US and Argentina, Paraguay divided into North and South)
*Prussian-Bavarian War/Germanic Civil War (Tie, Uti possidetis)
*Germanic-Franco War (Win to Prussia, Bavaria, and Austria, collapse of the French Second Republic)
*Conquest of Uruguay (Uti possidetis after Argentina pulled out)
*Russian blockade of Argentina (Argentina surrenders)
*British-Communal conflict (Ongoing)

Proud Esquarian!

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 am

Gibberan wrote:Also, a list of conflicts so far:

*Paraguay War (Tie between US and Argentina, Paraguay divided into North and South)
*Germanic-Franco War (Win to Prussia, Bavaria, and Austria, collapse of the French Second Republic)

There is also the Ethiopian Civil War and the Ha'il-Nejd Conflict in the background. Also the Germans have not won yet.
Last edited by Seljuq Kyiv on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:06 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Gibberan wrote:Also, a list of conflicts so far:

There is also the Ethiopian Civil War and the Ha'il-Nejd Conflict in the background. Also the Germans have not won yet.

All right, are they both ongoing?

Proud Esquarian!

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 am

Gibberan wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:

All right, are they both ongoing?

The Bavarian Subduction ended in a ceasefire, I believe, but the Franco-German War continues.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:23 am

Seljuq Kyiv wrote:
Gibberan wrote:All right, are they both ongoing?

The Bavarian Subduction ended in a ceasefire, I believe, but the Franco-German War continues.

I mean the the Ethiopian Civil War and the Ha'il-Nejd Conflict

Proud Esquarian!

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:33 am

Gibberan wrote:
Seljuq Kyiv wrote:

I mean the the Ethiopian Civil War and the Ha'il-Nejd Conflict

Aye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse