NATION

PASSWORD

2416: The Escape from Earth (OOC- PMT/FT- Sign-Up)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

2416: The Escape from Earth (OOC- PMT/FT- Sign-Up)

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:24 am

2416: The Escape From Earth

Welcome to this RP, Escape from Earth, the first part of my nation's history. I don't intend for it to be particularly guided, but I do have an end goal. This RP will be taking place from the year 2415 to the year 2514. Prior to 2415, 90% of the world's population of around 300 million has been sheltered in thousands of city-sized fallout shelters, which shall be henceforth referred to as fallout cities, after the worst part of a 500-year-long nuclear winter. Now, the nuclear winter started in 2112, after World War III; I will assume that the nuclear war was not conducted with enough weapons to, as Ray Bradbury said, "not only kill but bury ourselves", if that's acceptable. Anyways, in 2515, humanity's scattered remnants will rediscover one another, and, eventually, escape from Earth and colonize the Solar System- and finally, escape from the grasp of Sol to colonize the stars by 2514.
You will be playing as any given number of residents of a fallout city, and you will also be responsible for your city's actions. You can play as many as you like. When there are at least ten cities from each of the world's inhabited continents (or anywhere else, if you have a good explanation), the IC part of the RP begins.
Now, the technology here is described as FT, as it's essentially the end goal. However, you can be MT, PMT or FT. No fantasy tech or nonhumans allowed- nonhumans here being nonhuman sapient species.
Here's the app for your city:
Code: Select all
Fallout city name:
Country and continent (I may need clarification):
Nearest modern-day city:
Physical description (pictures acceptable):
History:
Other:

Your character. (Repeat this as necessary with increasing character number.)
Code: Select all
Name:
Biography:
Personality:
Anything else?:

Here are some ground rules.
1. Nobody has space-capable gear at the start, so don't say you do. (But you can be close to acquiring it, requiring one last component that your city lacks, but another has.)
2. Nobody will have FTL technology until 2514.
3. There will be no use of nuclear weapons.
4. Do not godmod or present yourself with overwhelming military, economic or demographic power. (I will try not to do this as well.)
4a. "Demographic power" means your city has any more than half a million residents. Your city can be very small, but it can't have 1/300 of the world's population by the time of the start of this RP.
5. If you have other concerns, telegram me.
6. Do not post on the IC if you do not have an application here that I've accepted.
7. Break any of these rules enough, and I'll boot you from the thread and have someone else take over your city and character.
8. I may not be able to post for long periods of time. In that case, a co-OP will be named to take my position.
9. Some added rules.
9a. By 2514, the UCE will have been created and will launch a mission to another star.
9b. Dead human bodies moving around is a dumb idea. Yes, it has entertainment value and may even be useful as a commentary on modern Western life. But here, NO. FUCKING. ZOMBIES. IN THE RP.
9c. Unmanned military vehicles are permitted. But if you have them, well, the more foreign the tech to modern warfare, the fewer numbers of said vehicles are permitted.
10. After Sydney, New York, Los Angeles...if your fallout city is near a world-famous city, well, you will have to change that.
Well then, I hope there's good fortune in this...let's get started.
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:33 am

List of valid players

(This will be double checked, I just searched for "app" and I may have forgotten someone.)
Player/Nation name- City
Zeinbrad- The Brothers and Sisters of Earth
Greater Caprica- Honolulu
Viraliz- Nova Svea
Alotopia- Atlantis
Union of Independent Republics- St. Valdosoiki
Sabah- White Rose
Mercenaries Without Borders- MWB Main Operating Base
The blood ravens- Polis
The United Colonies of Earth- Geneva, Sacramento, Sydney (character app forthcoming)
Zenoch- Avalon
The Grand Korean Empire- Seoul
Marsisian- New New York
Premier Thomas Willette- Neo-Soviet City-State of Novosibirsk
Romic- Beskar
Liberated Counties- Los Angeles (pending)
Kassaran- Habitat A-3 "Dawnfall"
United Soviet Jason Republic- Long Island City
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

Space race set in the future with a nuclear background? I like. Tagging for when I get home from work today :)

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

It's nice to see some interest! :)
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 am

*sigh*
Hoping I didn't have to do this, but...
*bump*
Also, clarification on the rules. As of 1326 hours Eastern Standard Time United States, 22 January 2014, rule update:
By 2514, I aim to have "created" the United Colonies of Earth, which will launch the first interstellar mission to another star.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

*bump*
I will post an app of my own tomorrow. Geneva, Switzerland is now reserved.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Sweadan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sweadan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 pm

Nice.

Hail interstellar space nations!
None.
Macau Independence - Treaty of independence in place
Lebanon conflict - Victory (In our missions) Fully withdrawn.
Invasion of China - Win (China Surrendered)
Vermonte Strip - Win
Baughistan I - Win, utterly annihilated them.
Baughistan II - Discontinued, No treaty in place.
WW1 - Win
WW2 - Win
WW3 - Win
Space War - Treaty
E-I war - Peace Treaty
Terrorism act - Win
Civil war 1 - WIN
Civil war 2 - WIN
Germanic Invasion - Surrender.
Invasion of the Arab Nations - Military in capabilities.
Cold war 1 & 2 - Loss.
War of Corvana - Loss, Declared independance, Renamed Vermonte Strip.

“Pertinacia Elegit Fortis”

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Another person has come. Bump me up, Scotty!
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Fallout city name: Polis or Полис
Country and continent (I may need clarification): Russia, Asia.
Nearest modern-day city: Moscow
Physical description (pictures acceptable): The city consists of several sectors: Government, Military, civilian, and agriculture.
Government: the government sector consists of the usual government buildings you'd see around Moscow before the war, and many office buildings inbetween.
Military: The military sector consists of many bland concrete structures used to train, and house soldiers. (Whom serve as the police.), and used to house weapons such as tanks that have been kept dormant since the war due to the lack of use for the once great warmachines. Also there are several factories to produce weapons, and ammunition although they haven't been used, and have laid dormant for years.
Civilian: The civilian sector consists of many large apartment complexes to house the population. The large apartment buildings have an exterior of red bricks with a grey concrete outline. On the balconies, and roof you can see people growing plants using the cities artificial lighting systems. Many use their gardens to grow herbs, and other nonessential crops to add to their own rations.
Agriculture: The agriculture sector is made up of rows, upon rows of greenhouses. Tended by hundreds of people to ensure the population is fed. The greenhouses are seperated by water pipes drawing water from several underground lakes providing water for the entire city.
History: As the bombs fell on the planet, casting the world into the shadow of an atomic war the Russian government took refuge in the nearest fallout city: Polis. Many also sought shelter in the city, but sadly it was quickly filled by the population of nearby Moscow leaving many outside to die. The first few years were rough, many choosing to commit suicide rather than live the rest of their lives underground. Those whom were left though were strong willed, and determined to survive whatever the costs. The survivors in Polis carved out a living in the city, cultivating food in underground greenhouses, and carefully maintaining the life support systems that kept them alive. They kept to their usual routines hoping that someday they can return to the surface.
Other: The city was originally designed as a shelter for government, and military officials but was expanded during construction to help house the population of Moscow, and the families of the officials.

I'll make a character app if my current app is okay with you.

Name: Nikolai Petrenko
Appearance (pictures acceptable): http://media.desura.com/images/members/ ... _Putin.jpg
Biography: A direct descendent of a member of the prewar Spetsnaz he joined the armed forces as soon as he turned 18. He was inducted into the Spetsnaz after showing great promise during his training. Eventually he reached the rank of капита́н (Captain). He serves as the leader of the Spetsnaz in the 3rd civilian bloc, helping the regular soldiers maintain law, and order.
Personality: Cold, and calculating when on duty. Generally friendly when off duty.
Anything else?: Spetsnaz are typically used the same way as the SWAT teams in the modern day United States. They also serve as scouts to occasionally scout out the surface, and report its condition to both the military brass, and civilian government.

Name: Marko Ramius
Appearance (pictures acceptable): Image
Biography: Born into the military, both his parents were officers in the army. He grew up learning about war through the military archives. He learned to navigate the streets of the great fallout cities by memory, and quickly rose through the ranks. Eventually he became the leader of the armed forces when the previous one resigned due to his advanced age.
Personality: A very by the books person. He is generally friendly, and outgoing, but becomes extremely serious when the situation demands it.
Anything else?: Nope.
Last edited by The blood ravens on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 pm

The blood ravens wrote:Fallout city name: Polis or Полис
Physical description (pictures acceptable): The city consists of several sectors: Government, Military, civilian, and agriculture.
Government: the government sector consists of the usual government buildings you'd see around Moscow before the war, and many office buildings inbetween.
Military: The military sector consists of many bland concrete structures used to train, and house soldiers. (Whom serve as the police.), and used to house weapons such as tanks that have been kept dormant since the war due to the lack of use for the once great warmachines. Also there are several factories to produce weapons, and ammunition although they haven't been used, and have laid dormant for years.
Civilian: The civilian sector consists of many large apartment complexes to house the population. The large apartment buildings have an exterior of red bricks with a grey concrete outline. On the balconies, and roof you can see people growing plants using the cities artificial lighting systems. Many use their gardens to grow herbs, and other nonessential crops to add to their own rations.
Agriculture: The agriculture sector is made up of rows, upon rows of greenhouses. Tended by hundreds of people to ensure the population is fed. The greenhouses are seperated by water pipes drawing water from several underground lakes providing water for the entire city.
History: As the bombs fell on the planet, casting the world into the shadow of an atomic war the Russian government took refuge in the nearest fallout city: Polis. Many also sought shelter in the city, but sadly it was quickly filled by the population of nearby Moscow leaving many outside to die. The first few years were rough, many choosing to commit suicide rather than live the rest of their lives underground. Those whom were left though were strong willed, and determined to survive whatever the costs. The survivors in Polis carved out a living in the city, cultivating food in underground greenhouses, and carefully maintaining the life support systems that kept them alive. They kept to their usual routines hoping that someday they can return to the surface.
Other: The city was originally designed as a shelter for government, and military officials but was expanded during construction to help house the population of Moscow, and the families of the officials.

Accepted. Welcome to the RP.
:)
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:17 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
The blood ravens wrote:Fallout city name: Polis or Полис

Accepted. Welcome to the RP.

Thanks!

I'll make some character apps for the important people.

I also have a reference to another post apocolyptic universe in my app.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:19 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Accepted. Welcome to the RP.

Thanks!

It wouldn't be Metro 2033, would it?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:23 pm

The blood ravens wrote:Thanks!

It wouldn't be Metro 2033, would it?

Yep!

Thought it would be fitting to name it after the largest station in the metro.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Screw it- I'm making my app. It likely won't be highly detailed, but I'll do my best.
Fallout city name: Geneva (originally Geneva-Jura)
Country and continent (I may need clarification): France, Europe
Nearest modern-day city: Geneva, Switzerland
Physical description (pictures acceptable): In the south slope of the Jura mountains north of Geneva, across the border in France lies a wide metal door. Beneath that is a city laid out in a grid pattern. At the center are important civic buildings such as the police station, city hall (which also houses the jail and courthouse), fire station, and environmental monitoring center. There are four schools for all grades (I regret that I don't know the Swiss/French system of "grades") positioned so that they lie on diagonals halfway through the city. Directly north, south, east and west of this are big clinics. Surrounding the government offices are the most luxurious houses- apartment towers, really- in the city, along with parks that also double as gardens for growing nonessential luxuries like sugarcane (for the crystalline white sweet stuff). Beyond this are houses and more parks. The city houses 100,000 people in total, and was built to sustain a population of 200,000.
North of the city and further below the Jura lies the scientific research park known as Urbs Scientiae (City of Science in Latin); the city's nuclear fusion power plant and water pumps are here. They also recycle the city's wastewater. The Urbs Scientiae contains many twisting hallways and is, essentially, a huge underground science complex. A tunnel to the Large Hadron Collider is located here. The Urbs Scientiae also contains large laboratories and some unused caves.
History: The massive Geneva Fallout City, one of three intended for Switzerland, was completed prior to the nuclear war in 2111. A year later, the apocalypse struck Geneva; millions flocked to the city and many were turned out to die in the cold. Others died of radiation-influenced cancers and depression. Despite this, Geneva's residents were determined to endure underground, and this they did, successfully. Many have abandoned the idea of returning to the surface, even as their legends and myths and bodies urge them to. All but one person lacks even an idea of what to do on the surface- a man named Édouard Ganstrom.
Other: none
I'll have the character app up tomorrow. I can't do much more typing on this phone.
Also, I didn't know that Polis was the largest metro station. Then again, I haven't heard much about Metro 2033.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Character app also accepted, blood ravens.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:56 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Character app also accepted, blood ravens.

Ill be adding two more one for the president, and one for the overall leader of the Armed forces soon.

They'll be in my original post.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:01 pm

The blood ravens wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Character app also accepted, blood ravens.

Ill be adding two more one for the president, and one for the overall leader of the Armed forces soon.

Alright then! I await your apps.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm

The blood ravens wrote:Ill be adding two more one for the president, and one for the overall leader of the Armed forces soon.

Alright then! I await your apps.

Added another app.

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Good app! It's accepted.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

Bump
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Bump..is this okay?
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Bump
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Bump
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Bump
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The United Federations
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Federations » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:19 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Bump

So many bumps unnecessary, I definitely want to make my app for this, you'll have to give me some time though, have to write at least a good background.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents