NATION

PASSWORD

Christian Discussion Thread III

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your denomination?

Catholic
31%
Eastern Orthodox
10%
Non-Chalcedonian (Oriental Orthodox, Church of the East , etc.)
1%
Lutheran
7%
Baptist
10%
Reformed (Calvinism, Presbyterianism, etc.)
5%
Anglican/Episcopalian
6%
Restorationist (LDS Movement, Jehovah's Witness, etc.)
2%
Non-Denominational
15%
Other Christian
13%

Total votes : 981

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Tarsonis Survivors wrote:
The Holy Catholic Union wrote:Can I get an ''Amen''?!

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

You were suppose to say ''Amen'' if you agreed with the statement.
That Jesus loves people more than they know.
Pro: Social Liberalism, Radical Centrism, LGBT, Secularism, Christianity, Catholicism, South Korea, USA, Judaism, Israel, Drug Legalization, Freedom of Religion(including freedom from it).
Neutral: Atheism, Democratic Party, Islam.
Anti:Theocracy, Religious extremists, Anti-Theism, State Atheism, Fundies, Bigotry, GOP, Fascism, Marxism-Leninism, Nazism, Political Extremists, North Korea.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:34 pm

The Holy Catholic Union wrote:
Tarsonis Survivors wrote: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

You were suppose to say ''Amen'' if you agreed with the statement.

I don't honk either.

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

The Holy Catholic Union wrote:You were suppose to say ''Amen'' if you agreed with the statement.

I don't honk either.

Why not brother?
Pro: Social Liberalism, Radical Centrism, LGBT, Secularism, Christianity, Catholicism, South Korea, USA, Judaism, Israel, Drug Legalization, Freedom of Religion(including freedom from it).
Anti:Theocracy, Religious extremists, Anti-Theism, State Atheism, Fundies, Bigotry, GOP, Fascism, Marxism-Leninism, Nazism, Political Extremists, North Korea.

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Don't steal, murder, give to charity, help the downtrodden, live a live of abstinence concerning drugs and alcohol, sex within marriage.

And yet no belief in Jesus.

(Sorry to butt in, I know you were asking Lenin.)

Well, I was just wondering as God and Good go hand in hand. Both derive from old English, God derived from the old english god, and good derived from the adjective form of god (with a long o, can't figure out conjugating symbols on chrome). In essence, Culturally and Historically speaking, Goodly means to be Godly, or more pointedly within Western Culture, Christian.

Well someone can be "good", disregarding the cultural context of the word, in the sense that they do morally positive acts and yet lack a belief in God, yes?

Does this person still get to go to heaven? Or is entrance entirely based upon belief in Jesus? As if that changes anything?
Forever a Communist

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't honk either.

Why not brother?

1 Corinthians 13:11

Bundesdeutschland
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bundesdeutschland » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Blasveck wrote:

Well, I was just wondering as God and Good go hand in hand. Both derive from old English, God derived from the old english god, and good derived from the adjective form of god (with a long o, can't figure out conjugating symbols on chrome). In essence, Culturally and Historically speaking, Goodly means to be Godly, or more pointedly within Western Culture, Christian.

Well someone can be "good", disregarding the cultural context of the word, in the sense that they do morally positive acts and yet lack a belief in God, yes?

Does this person still get to go to heaven? Or is entrance entirely based upon belief in Jesus? As if that changes anything?

I think it's based upon faith in Jesus as the Messiah.
I'm a Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!
My nation generally reflects my views, but don't entirely assume that. Also, I like telegrams. Please telegram me!

Member of Transversal Red Cross and Western Coalition. IATA Member
Political compass-
Economic left/right: -3.25
Social libertarian/authoritarianism: 0.0

“We know nothing of religion here: we only think of Christ.” -C.S. Lewis.

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”-C.S. Lewis.

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Bundesdeutschland wrote:
Blasveck wrote:

Welp. It looks like I'm going to burn in hell.

But hey, I love warm weather!

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm

As a Southern Baptist I believe in once you are saved you are always saved. But what if you decide you no longer want to be a Christian or say you reject Christ after getting saved, are you still saved?
1 John 1:9

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Bundesdeutschland wrote:
Blasveck wrote:

Why would faith be pertinent in respect to one's entrance in heaven?
Forever a Communist

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Blasveck wrote:

Believing in Jesus and keeping his commandments is what will save one's self.
Jesus loves all of us so he gave us a chance. To accept him and be moral to be saved from sin.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Nordengrund wrote:As a Southern Baptist I believe in once you are saved you are always saved. But what if you decide you no longer want to be a Christian or say you reject Christ after getting saved, are you still saved?

What constitutes being saved?

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Blasveck wrote:
Bundesdeutschland wrote:

"You're not God, but hey can I still crash in your crib?"

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Blasveck wrote:

Believing in Jesus and keeping his commandments is what will save one's self.
Jesus loves all of us so he gave us a chance. To accept him and be moral to be saved from sin.

So a moral life is not enough? Jesus actually cares whether you believe in him or not?

Blasveck wrote:

Assuming that conciousness lives on after death, It'd be reasonable to assume that one's faith in God would change the instant they 'saw' him in the afterlife.
Last edited by Blasveck on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forever a Communist

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:
Bundesdeutschland wrote:

Welp. It looks like I'm going to burn in hell.

Not if you repent.

Spiritual Universalism
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritual Universalism » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Spiritual Universalism wrote:
Understandable, but he said:

He just implies the use of "higher level" priests-believers to "protect from the wolves" and "guide in the right direction". Thus he creates a separation and division already in the community.

So we are not talking about a unity and commonwealth of all believers (in his words "Church"), but the separation between the Shepherds and the rest.

People don't need shepherds, people need to find their own way to the High Truth. No one will tell me what to do and how I will approach the Spiritual. Suggestions yes. But orders or even instructions, no. I believe it's a personal quest.

Jesus and Paul say you're wrong.

First you just plain ignore my logical request by saying that you don't have time to educate me (when I didn't ask you that).

Then, you are making me "wrong" with one sentence by calling the names of two spiritual humans of their era.

At least could I learn where I am wrong?
Believe in yourself. Try to perfect your Spirit and then your Soul will ascend to a Higher State of Being.

~Spirit over matter~

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 pm

The Holy Catholic Union wrote:Why not brother?

1 Corinthians 13:11

Just trying to get into the zest of things. :p

Leningrad Union
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leningrad Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:Welp. It looks like I'm going to burn in hell.

Not if you repent.

I want to go to hell. The weather is warm.

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Blasveck wrote:
The Holy Catholic Union wrote:Believing in Jesus and keeping his commandments is what will save one's self.

So a moral life is not enough? Jesus actually cares whether you believe in him or not?

Assuming that conciousness lives on after death, It'd be reasonable to assume that one's faith in God would change the instant they 'saw' him in the afterlife.

We are imperfect, our imperfect deeds cannot save us from sin. We need Jesus in order to be saved from sin.

The Holy Catholic Union
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Catholic Union » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Leningrad Union wrote:
The Holy Catholic Union wrote:Not if you repent.

You won't be saying that once you get there. Being seperated from Gods eternal love is a horrible thing and the pain of hell.
I hope you consider the gravity of your choice. Amen.

Baobalt
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baobalt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Because God cares about every single one of you overzealous crazies. LGBT rights CHECK for Atheists, Christians reaction poor. Abortion widespread legal for assault victims for Atheists, for christians not so much. Tell me more about your great, powerful, fair, and unbiased religion. :palm:
Last edited by Baobalt on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsonis Survivors
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarsonis Survivors » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Spiritual Universalism wrote:
Jesus and Paul say you're wrong.

First you just plain ignore my logical request by saying that you don't have time to educate me (when I didn't ask you that).

Then, you are making me "wrong" with one sentence by calling the names of two spiritual humans of their era.

At least could I learn where I am wrong?

Jesus referred to himself as the Good Shepard, in many ways. Most notably that he would lay his life for us, but also, because "John 10: 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

We aren't called to find higher truth, we are called to follow Christ.

Then Christ established "HIS" church, on Peter, and told him to "Tend my sheep" .

One's one view is not enough, because Satan offers much deception. The Clergy tend the Sheep, and in unison they create One Church.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Nordengrund wrote:As a Southern Baptist I believe in once you are saved you are always saved. But what if you decide you no longer want to be a Christian or say you reject Christ after getting saved, are you still saved?

What constitutes being saved?

Accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior and that he died for your sins. Pray for Salvation and forgiveness. Pray like this: A) Admit that you are a sinner. B) Believe that He died for you. C) Confess your sins and ask for forgiveness.

That's it.
1 John 1:9

Spiritual Universalism
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Spiritual Universalism » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Blasveck wrote:

We are imperfect, our imperfect deeds cannot save us from sin. We need Jesus in order to be saved from sin.

You underestimate our power and mission my friend.
Believe in yourself. Try to perfect your Spirit and then your Soul will ascend to a Higher State of Being.

~Spirit over matter~

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Blasveck wrote:

What exactly constitutes 'being saved'?

Living a moral life?

If our deeds are imperfect, then how does the concious act of belief then suffice?
Forever a Communist

Baobalt
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baobalt » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Leningrad Union, you are my favorite person right now
Leningrad Union wrote:
Last edited by Baobalt on Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General