NATION

PASSWORD

Nigeria denies fundamental rights to homosexuals

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60892
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Shaggai wrote:Evolution does random stuff. It then gets rid of the harmful stuff. Just because evolution didn't provide something doesn't mean that it's harmful, though. Just that it never happened. And just because something happens doesn't mean it's helpful. Just that it isn't harmful enough to get selected against.

Right. So evolution is a magical force that magically and randomly does stuff that we can't explain. I don't see how this is any different from what god/the gods does/do.

Not really, no.

Look, I had a shitty Biology teacher in high school, and it was only recently, while studying Psychology, that I was properly taught evolution and natural selection, and even an unprepared idiot who was educated mostly in Social Sciences and English could figure out how the whole thing worked.
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:No such mutation has occurred and spread through the population far enough for it to become standard. This is all middle school level biology.

Wait. So warfare and murder isn't a world-wide issue that evolution hasn't noticed yet? I'm sure rape is a huge deal. Surely women should have some response to that.

Evolution isn't some intelligent being that highlights problems. It's merely a term to explain what happens when a mutation occurs and allows certain specimen to have a higher birth rate as a result of a higher survival rate.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:Scientific theories aren't magical. Is gravity magical? Are germs magical?

Nope, but evolution surely is.

Because this isn't enough evidence?
http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Except for the "theory" part. Once you wish that away, then I'll start to except it as fact.

If you're going to demonstrate your ignorance, please be ignorant on topic.

You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact? They have really little convincing evidence except for a couple of animals that seem similar to one another (I know they have more but I can't list all of it). Then yes, I truly am ignorant.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Divair wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Nope, but evolution surely is.

Because this isn't enough evidence?
http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

You just answered my current post. I'll look over this.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60892
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Gravlen wrote:If you're going to demonstrate your ignorance, please be ignorant on topic.

You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact? They have really little convincing evidence except for a couple of animals that seem similar to one another (I know they have more but I can't list all of it). Then yes, I truly am ignorant.

Who the hell taught you Science?
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Liriena wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact? They have really little convincing evidence except for a couple of animals that seem similar to one another (I know they have more but I can't list all of it). Then yes, I truly am ignorant.

Who the hell taught you Science?

No one. Hence the previous post.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
San
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5217
Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
San wrote:ignoring things while having responded to them, however, is an art form he thrives in.

You speak as if you know, which you don't. The fact that I ignored ten of your posts means that I didn't see them or I was too busy responding to another. This clearly shows your bias. I don't support you, so you attack me personally. An art-form of your's I suppose?

aaaand now you're confusing me with TSS

plus, i wasn't aware noticing you having a heavy tendency to ignore the posts that entirely refute your arguments is a personal attack (or indeed a confirmation of a vaguely-described bias). learn something new every day, i suppose.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Liriena wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact? They have really little convincing evidence except for a couple of animals that seem similar to one another (I know they have more but I can't list all of it). Then yes, I truly am ignorant.

Who the hell taught you Science?

It doesn't matter when you've convinced yourself to a point of delusion.

User avatar
San
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5217
Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Unitaristic Regions wrote:
:rofl:.

There's nothing magical about it.

Except for the "theory" part. Once you wish that away, then I'll start to except it as fact.

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

read pls
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

User avatar
San
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5217
Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Liriena wrote:Who the hell taught you Science?

No one. Hence the previous post.

I imagine the science teachers at the schools you attended are crying currently.
足跡たどる、出血血液ライン

私は人間で私より私はより良い幽霊だと思います

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13807
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Gravlen wrote:If you're going to demonstrate your ignorance, please be ignorant on topic.

You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact?

Yes.

I also expect you to get back on topic and stop the threadjack. The thread on evolution is that way.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Divair wrote:
Liriena wrote:Who the hell taught you Science?

It doesn't matter when you've convinced yourself to a point of delusion.

Once again, delusion is an entirely opinionated viewed. Five guys in the room think evolution is true, then its true. Five guys in a room think creation is true, then its true. Delusion is based on what you and the guys around think it is.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact?

Yes.

I also expect you to get back on topic and stop the threadjack. The thread on evolution is that way.

I didn't threadjack. The morons trying to prove homosexuality was natural did. Besides, if I tried to get back on point, I'd be accused to running away from the point. Kinda difficult position you see.
Last edited by Vashta Nerada on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:It doesn't matter when you've convinced yourself to a point of delusion.

Once again, delusion is an entirely opinionated viewed. Five guys in the room think evolution is true, then its true. Five guys in a room think creation is true, then its true. Delusion is based on what you and the guys around think it is.

No, there is an objective reality. Earth is round no matter how many people believe it is flat. Similarly, evolution occurs no matter how many people believe it doesn't. Your ignorance is not my problem.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Divair wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Once again, delusion is an entirely opinionated viewed. Five guys in the room think evolution is true, then its true. Five guys in a room think creation is true, then its true. Delusion is based on what you and the guys around think it is.

No, there is an objective reality. Earth is round no matter how many people believe it is flat. Similarly, evolution occurs no matter how many people believe it doesn't. Your ignorance is not my problem.

No it is. Because your the one convinced evolution is fact, while I am not. So its your opinion versus my own. Your ignorance is not my problem as far as I and 70% of the world's population see it.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:No, there is an objective reality. Earth is round no matter how many people believe it is flat. Similarly, evolution occurs no matter how many people believe it doesn't. Your ignorance is not my problem.

No it is. Because your the one convinced evolution is fact, while I am not. So its your opinion versus my own. Your ignorance is not my problem as far as I and 70% of the world's population see it.

No, it's your delusional opinion against a mountain of evidence.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13807
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Gravlen wrote:Yes.

I also expect you to get back on topic and stop the threadjack. The thread on evolution is that way.

I didn't threadjack. The morons trying to prove homosexuality was natural did. Besides, if I tried to get back on point, I'd be accused to running away from the point. Kinda difficult position you see.

Not really. Accept that you're wrong, and get back on topic.

It doesn't matter if homosexuality is natural or not, there's no reason to punish it. If it's natural, there's no reason to punish what to consentual adults choose to do. If it is unnatural, punishment is the wrong way to go as it serves no purpose.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Divair wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:No it is. Because your the one convinced evolution is fact, while I am not. So its your opinion versus my own. Your ignorance is not my problem as far as I and 70% of the world's population see it.

No, it's your delusional opinion against a mountain of evidence.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

Posting the same list twice doesn't make you anymore right than me. It only proves that your convinced that your point is correct and mine is wrong simply because you have more guys saying your right. Once again, 70% of the world believes that evolution is still a joke. Those who promote are, unsurprisingly, atheists and those not impressed with creationism (meaning you can still be religious and believe in evolution). Once again, your not going to convince me you are right and vise verse. Get over it.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Luveria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31339
Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:13 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Gravlen wrote:If you're going to demonstrate your ignorance, please be ignorant on topic.

You expect me to take a scientific theory as fact? They have really little convincing evidence except for a couple of animals that seem similar to one another (I know they have more but I can't list all of it). Then yes, I truly am ignorant.


Scientific theory often is fact, like evolution.

User avatar
Aeken
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17135
Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:No, it's your delusional opinion against a mountain of evidence.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

Posting the same list twice doesn't make you anymore right than me. It only proves that your convinced that your point is correct and mine is wrong simply because you have more guys saying your right. Once again, 70% of the world believes that evolution is still a joke. Those who promote are, unsurprisingly, atheists and those not impressed with creationism (meaning you can still be religious and believe in evolution). Once again, your not going to convince me you are right and vise verse. Get over it.

The fact that you refuse to accept anything and constantly throw out fallacies and go so far to flame is really just making your argument look stupid and uninformed.

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Gravlen wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:I didn't threadjack. The morons trying to prove homosexuality was natural did. Besides, if I tried to get back on point, I'd be accused to running away from the point. Kinda difficult position you see.

Not really. Accept that you're wrong, and get back on topic.

It doesn't matter if homosexuality is natural or not, there's no reason to punish it. If it's natural, there's no reason to punish what to consentual adults choose to do. If it is unnatural, punishment is the wrong way to go as it serves no purpose.

I'm not going to accept that I'm wrong on evolution. That's a matter of fact you'd best accept right now for future reference. And I never said to punish homosexuality. Your putting words in my mouth.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Luveria
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31339
Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Luveria » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Gravlen wrote:Yes.

I also expect you to get back on topic and stop the threadjack. The thread on evolution is that way.

I didn't threadjack. The morons trying to prove homosexuality was natural did. Besides, if I tried to get back on point, I'd be accused to running away from the point. Kinda difficult position you see.


Why are you flaming?

User avatar
Vashta Nerada
Diplomat
 
Posts: 792
Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashta Nerada » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Aeken wrote:
Vashta Nerada wrote:Posting the same list twice doesn't make you anymore right than me. It only proves that your convinced that your point is correct and mine is wrong simply because you have more guys saying your right. Once again, 70% of the world believes that evolution is still a joke. Those who promote are, unsurprisingly, atheists and those not impressed with creationism (meaning you can still be religious and believe in evolution). Once again, your not going to convince me you are right and vise verse. Get over it.

The fact that you refuse to accept anything and constantly throw out fallacies and go so far to flame is really just making your argument look stupid and uninformed.

I'd much rather remain "stupid and uninformed" than drop my beliefs and run with the crowd. And I'm not the one flaming. The previous group have done all of the accusing and insulting at this point.
You don't have to like me, and I certainly don't have to like you.
Also, please refer to me as Vespia. Don't know what I was smoking when I chose "Vashta Nerada".
National Liberal Authoritarian
Economic Left/Right: 1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.82
Pros: Christianity, organized religion, fascism (the good kind), pro-life, conservatism, militarism, corporal punishment, capitalism
Cons: Israel, atheism, feminism, liberalism, gay marriage, Western democracy (too divisive), political correctness
I'm an African American male in my early 20s. Beyond that, nothing else you need to know.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Vashta Nerada wrote:
Divair wrote:No, it's your delusional opinion against a mountain of evidence.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.txtwriter.com/backgrounders/ ... tents.html
http://bioweb.cs.earlham.edu/9-12/evolu ... /live.html
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0/lines_01
http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... _tiktaalik
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... /devitt_01
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_23
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... history_16
http://www.allaboutcreation.org/evidenc ... lution.htm
http://www.nyu.edu/projects/fitch/cours ... dence.html
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/noll/pu ... 73_785.pdf
http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/ ... 0703003253
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.gate.net/~rwms/hum_ape_chrom.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/scien ... .html?_r=1
http://jhered.oxfordjournals.org/content/91/3/221
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1006000526
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/310/5746/287
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.evolutionpages.com/chromosome_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WAHpC0Ah0
http://www.indiana.edu/~ensiweb/lessons/molb.ws.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 331a0.html
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 050603.php
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 071801.php
http://www.scripps.edu/newsandviews/e_20060327/evo.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... =pmcentrez
http://scienceray.com/biology/zoology/a ... maritimus/
http://facstaff.gpc.edu/~pgore/geology/ ... vation.pdf
http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc ... l#atavisms

Posting the same list twice doesn't make you anymore right than me. It only proves that your convinced that your point is correct and mine is wrong simply because you have more guys saying your right. Once again, 70% of the world believes that evolution is still a joke. Those who promote are, unsurprisingly, atheists and those not impressed with creationism (meaning you can still be religious and believe in evolution). Once again, your not going to convince me you are right and vise verse. Get over it.

I'm reminded of something Sam Harris said.


If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide that proves they should value evidence.
If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument would you invoke to prove they should value logic?


You've been handed evidence when you claim you haven't been given any in the past and your response ("waaah waaaah my opinions! go away! stop disproving me!") is akin to a 12 year old's. NSG is not the place for you if all you plan on doing is sitting on your ass and living in denial when people attempt to educate you. This is a debate forum, not a blog for you to cry on.
Last edited by Divair on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amaseia, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Necroghastia, North American Imperial State, Sundiata, The Greater Ohio Valley, The New California Republic, Victorious Decepticons

Advertisement

Remove ads