NATION

PASSWORD

What you see is what you TET

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

What you see is what you TET

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:

There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:

• There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, I have links in my sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not spam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.

• Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.

• These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.

• Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.

• This extra sentence was added during reincarnation eighty-six by Blaat and he wonders when another mod will notice it.
  • A mod did notice after a while, but decided what the heck, two can play this game. And as of 88, two have.
  • No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. Please do not go out and make your own. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. I hate drowning.

• Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let me know – I’ll edit it in to better suit the locals.

So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic. Hope you can enjoy, folks!

Previous Incarnations:

Part 01 -- Part 02 -- Part 03 -- Part 04 -- Part 05 -- Part 06 -- Part 07 -- Part 08 -- Part 09 -- Part 10
Part 11 -- Part 12 -- Part 13 -- Part 14 -- Part 15 -- Part 16 -- Part 17 -- Part 18 -- Part 19 -- Part 20
Part 21 -- Part 22 -- Part 23 -- Part 24 -- Part 25 -- Part 26 -- Part 27 -- Part 28 -- Part 29 -- Part 30
Part 31 -- Part 32 -- Part 33 -- Part 34 -- Part 35 -- Part 36 -- Part 37 -- Part 38 -- Part 39 -- Part 40
Part 41 -- Part 42 -- Part 43 -- Part 44 -- Part 45 -- Part 46 -- Part 47 -- Part 48 -- Part 49 -- Part 50
Part 51 -- Part 52 -- Part 53 -- Part 54 -- Part 55 -- Part 56 -- Part 57 -- Part 58 -- Part 59 -- Part 60
Part 61 -- Part 62 -- Part 63 -- Part 64 -- Part 65 -- Part 66 -- Part 67 -- Part 68 -- Part 69 -- Part 70
Part 71 -- Part 72 -- Part 73 -- Part 74 -- Part 75 -- Part 76 -- Part 77 -- Part 78 -- Part 79 -- Part 80
Part 81 -- Part 82 -- Part 83 -- Part 84 -- Part 85 -- Part 86 -- Part 87 -- Part 88
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

DAT smell
EDIT: First :) also, took ya long enough DLN.
Last edited by Saveyou Island on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambassador Jack Fort, author of GA#264
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

New Tet?

My first time :P
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Thank you, thank you everybody. It has always been a personal dream of mine, to accept this high honor, as first poster on a TET thread. To see this dream realized, to say the least, is a very emotional moment for me. And I could't do it without all of you. Firstly, I would like to thank Dread Lady Nathicana, for posting this TET thread, such that I could comment on it, and receive this honor in the first place. Thank you Dread, that meant a lot to me. Next, I would like thank Max Barry, for creating nationstates.net ten long year, and along with it, creating the forum. Thank you a lot Max Barry, I couldn't have done it without you. But, first and foremost, I would like to thank my friends and family, who, throughout all my times of trouble, provided me with the support I needed to persevere, to realize that all my troubles with nothing more than temporary obstacles in my path to greatness, and to succeed. They made me realize what mattered to me most, and the importance of dedication, and hard work to achieve my goals. If it wouldn't for them, I never would have made it here in the first place. Thank you, all of you.
Now, Let us begin the celebration. I shall now commence, with the ceremonial opening of the thread. Everyone ready? Good.

And now, as have done my predecessors before me, and my predecessors' predecessors, and my predecessors' processors' predecessors, I utter that timeless phrase, that bastion of firmness, of resoluteness, of single-minded devotion, officially inaugurating, and validating the thread's entire existence.

First.
Last edited by Uieurnthlaal on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Whoo! Another Nathi thread!
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you~!
Good night, all. I'm off to finish studying.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

Hyperion
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperion » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Ah, New TET.
Exchange Rate: Hypernote
2.55 H$= 1 N$ = 2 USD
Unemployment: 9%
GPD/Capita: H$ 8,930
Debt: H$ -416,215,102
Details:
http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion&page=economics
Total: 2,080,205
Land: 1,337,700
Navy: 205,800
Airforce: 514,500
Budget: 20%
Details:http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion&page=military
Tax: 29%
Population: 1.029 Billion
Animal: Colossal Squid
Industry: Pizza Delivery
Currency: Hyper-Note
Leader: J Humble
http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion
Administration: 2%
Welfare: 12%
Education: 22%
Defence: 20%
Public Transport: 9%
Environment: 22%
Not listed? We don't fund it.
Help get my new Issue "One Nation under Who?" ready for a send off!

NSG's Atheist Man Child
Married to Sanguinea

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I have short memory problems. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks Nathi! :D

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 pm

a new tet a new bout of awesome sauce

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeken » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Napkiraly wrote:a new tet a new bout of awesome sauce

You good Napki?

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:Thank you, thank you everybody. It has always been a personal dream of mine, to accept this high honor, as first poster on a TET thread. To see this dream realized, to say the least, is a very emotional moment for me. And I could't do it without all of you. Firstly, I would like to thank Dread Lady Nathicana, for posting this TET thread, such that I could comment on it, and receive this honor in the first place. Thank you Dread, that meant a lot to me. Next, I would like thank Max Barry, for creating nationstates.net ten long year, and along with it, creating the forum. Thank you a lot Max Barry, I couldn't have done it without you. But, first and foremost, I would like to thank my friends and family, who, throughout all my times of trouble, provided me with the support I needed to persevere, to realize that all my troubles with nothing more than temporary obstacles in my path to greatness, and to succeed. They made me realize what mattered to me most, and the importance of dedication, and hard work to achieve my goals. If it wouldn't for them, I never would have made it here in the first place. Thank you, all of you.
Now, Let us begin the celebration. I shall now commence, with the ceremonial opening of the thread. Everyone ready? Good.

And now, as have done my predecessors before me, and my predecessors' predecessors, and my predecessors' processors' predecessors, I utter that timeless phrase, that bastion of firmness, of resoluteness, of single-minded devotion, officially inaugurating, and validating the thread's entire existence.

First.

So you typed this out before the threat was made... and you still missed it?
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Yay, right in time for a new TET.

*lights witches on fire to celebrate*

Oops, wait, that's a misogynistic word.

*lights women of magic on fire to celebrate*

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

first huehue

Hyperion
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyperion » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Page glitched out and sent me to the WA page. The site doesn't WANT me to be first.
Exchange Rate: Hypernote
2.55 H$= 1 N$ = 2 USD
Unemployment: 9%
GPD/Capita: H$ 8,930
Debt: H$ -416,215,102
Details:
http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion&page=economics
Total: 2,080,205
Land: 1,337,700
Navy: 205,800
Airforce: 514,500
Budget: 20%
Details:http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion&page=military
Tax: 29%
Population: 1.029 Billion
Animal: Colossal Squid
Industry: Pizza Delivery
Currency: Hyper-Note
Leader: J Humble
http://www.nstracker.net/hyperion
Administration: 2%
Welfare: 12%
Education: 22%
Defence: 20%
Public Transport: 9%
Environment: 22%
Not listed? We don't fund it.
Help get my new Issue "One Nation under Who?" ready for a send off!

NSG's Atheist Man Child
Married to Sanguinea

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Yay new thread! :lol:
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Menassa wrote:
Uieurnthlaal wrote:Thank you, thank you everybody. It has always been a personal dream of mine, to accept this high honor, as first poster on a TET thread. To see this dream realized, to say the least, is a very emotional moment for me. And I could't do it without all of you. Firstly, I would like to thank Dread Lady Nathicana, for posting this TET thread, such that I could comment on it, and receive this honor in the first place. Thank you Dread, that meant a lot to me. Next, I would like thank Max Barry, for creating nationstates.net ten long year, and along with it, creating the forum. Thank you a lot Max Barry, I couldn't have done it without you. But, first and foremost, I would like to thank my friends and family, who, throughout all my times of trouble, provided me with the support I needed to persevere, to realize that all my troubles with nothing more than temporary obstacles in my path to greatness, and to succeed. They made me realize what mattered to me most, and the importance of dedication, and hard work to achieve my goals. If it wouldn't for them, I never would have made it here in the first place. Thank you, all of you.

First.

I was going to say...
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Blasveck
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Blasveck » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Rather horrible title, if I say so myself.
Forever a Communist

Centia Regnum
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Centia Regnum » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Oooh, I like this TET title. :lol:

With that, Good night everyone.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

New thread. 8)
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

This extra sentence was added during reincarnation eighty-six by Blaat and he wonders when another mod will notice it.

In the TET rules
Whut
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Menassa wrote:

First.

No need to rub in my incompetence...

Now I'll just have to wait in a cave underground for the next five days a try again. Look what you've done!
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Beiluxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Beiluxia » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Menassa wrote:So you typed this out before the threat was made... and you still missed it?

I was going to say...

lol I'm not reading that essay.

Blasveck wrote:Rather horrible title, if I say so myself.

Yeah, I was expecting better. Oh wells.
Factbook
Concerning HK
I<3HKG!

Pro: 人民主派 Pan-democracy camp 一七普選 2017 universal suffrage 中華民主 Chinese democracy
Anti: 親建制派 HK Pro-Beijing camp 中共政策 Communist Party policies 中共洗腦 CCP brainwashing

Concerning ME
✿Social Democrat✿ Bernie 2016! 2020! lolol Political Compass Political Test
Pro: Progressive taxes Universal healthcare Green New Deal Mixed economy Science
Anti: Bush Trump tax cuts For-profit healthcare Unregulated economy Science denialism

Music I Like
sufjam ❤
and a whole bunch of others...

Quotes
Kaikohe wrote:In honesty, does anyone know who they are? Or are we all just wandering trying to find ourselves in this world?

Lianhua wrote:Beilux stuffed a bidet up his ass.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:32 pm

Also, HORRIBLE TITLE DLN.
Last edited by Saveyou Island on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seljuq Kyiv
Minister

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seljuq Kyiv » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Blasveck wrote:Rather horrible title, if I say so myself.

Hey, what you see is what you TET, and it ain't gonna get better than that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives