NATION

PASSWORD

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Sunalayan News {SUNALAYA ONLY!}

Postby Yaramaqui » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:10 pm

New Sunalayan Regional News Center

Welcome, Sunalayans! The Sunalayan international news broadcast centre has opened itself to the world in Dronden, Smoya allowing media and news from across the globe to reported quickly and accurately to all nations of the world! We do not discriminate, regardless of religion, ethnicity, and political ideology all nations may submit their news here to be shared and read amongst Sunalayans. We will be happy to serve you all!
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Wed May 25, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 18 times in total.
NationStates' local Yemenite Jew :D
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
רבי אליעזר אומר... ואל תהי נוח לכעוס.
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |
Please forgive me for any errors in my English! I am not a native speaker. :P

Vekalse
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Ignore.
Last edited by Vekalse on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qseH6-DV2gc

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:25 pm

Rhodeve Heir Declared

After two months of hassle, Queen Diana Wolff has released a public statement for the first time since her acclaimed disappearance from the press. She met with news reporters around Kingstown and later the city of Brevin, to state that she has named an heir to her throne.

As is custom, an heir is chosen every 2nd year in a monarch's reign to make sure that they have made the right choice. She stated, "The person I have chosen has become a big help to me since my ascension to the throne. She is not well known, but is the eldest cousin of the deceased Sir Richard Weivar. Her name of course, is Sierra Abrams. She is a 23 year old woman who is a lieutenant in the army." No further news was received about her, yet she has been seen with Diana more often than before.

We wish Ms. Abrams good luck and we hope she enjoys the now official title of "Her Royal Heir, Sierra Abrams"
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Ignore.
Last edited by Vekalse on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 pm

-
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
אם תחפצה בן איש לסודות נבחרו תקנה לך חבר ורעים יקרו בעבור יחי לבך ותשמח נפשך שכל והנפש בטוב יתחברו ולבש ענוה מימי בחרותך
!פלסטין משוחררת

| ISFJ | הירושה החלולה שלהם | תלמיד הרמב״ם | .וְשָׁב יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת-שְׁבוּתְךָ, וְרִחֲמֶךָ; וְשָׁב, וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל-הָעַמִּים, אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ, שָׁמָּה | !אנחנו דומים יותר מאשר כולכם חושבים | השקפות פוליטיות | האלוהים יכול לעשות משהו? | טיעונים פגומים |

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 pm

Smoyan Government Begins to Invent in Military Technology, Say Reports

Dronden -- The government of Smoya has [quote]"began to work on military advancement in space", say Department of Defense Officials.

This has sparked much debate about weapons in space.

"This is outrageous," says Christina Prior, citizen of Dronden. "It is a threat to the peaceful environment of space and our planet. It will hurt our reputation with foreign alien races."

In 2059, the government began to construct a space missile, capable of destroying space aircraft - and possibly weapons on this planet. It was the Anti Matter Missile. It was completed in 2067. However, it has never been used in wartime.

The Smoyan government also has recently finished construction of an anti matter bomb, heating the debate about space weapons. "This will be great," says Secretary of Defense Emilia Clements.

The Department of Defense has claimed that Smoya is working on numerous projects.
Visit Sunalaya!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Rhodevus to expand its holdings with discussion between Queen Diana and President Matthew

Today, queen Diana publicly stated that a discussion between herself and President Matthew have been taking place over the past few months. She stated, "Although it is not final so far, we are both quite certain that we are nearing a substantial agreement wherein the nation of Eubatu will become a protectorate nation of Rhodevus. This will of course work in both of our favours as they will have access to a large freshwater and energy supply, while we will be able to increase our uranium mining potential by nearly 400%. On top of all this, President Matthew will keep his position as president, and will have full access to our military in times of crisis."

This unification will bring together the two countries, and become the first protectorate created in over a century.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm

International Meeting Planned.

~P.O.D. International Broadcasting

It has been reported that The Dictatorship has planned to host a diplomatic meeting in the NCC. Due to this, the NCC's security staff is scheduled to be increased to twenty thousand active personnel with the remaining 1,980,000 troops stationed at Fort Lee staying on standby.

General Rader has planned on expanding peace with the rest of Sunalaya during this event. Though his reasons for the meeting are just, he questions whether the security staff should be furthered to a full half of the available troops stationed at Fort Lee.

In an interview with General Ads, he had this to say concerning the meeting, "so long as we don't get those hippie types. In all, I think it'll go well. With the security measures we should have no problems with foreigners. We plan giving an orientation on the certain 'rules of conduct' that will be in place."
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:18 am

Protests In The Maverica

Today thousands of Mavericans are protesting over the tax on grain. They say that taxing grain and animals is wrong and that they can not make a profit with the grain and animals anymore. The goverment says that without the tax on grain Maverica would need to raise money anouther way.
The protesters say that if no action is taken to abolish the tax they will do it by force.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:34 am

_
Last edited by Yaramaqui on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:14 am

Smoya Finds Alien Race, Claims SNSA

SNN|November 5, 2093

Your Reliable News Source

Athia Planetary Command -- Reported earlier this morning, Captain John Hope of Audicity I has reported to Athia Planetary Space Command, "We have found life forms, over."

This was reported from Athia Planetary Space Command to the headquarters of the Smoyan National Space Agency (SNSA). Both space command centers are classifying wheather these alien life forms are advanced or simply not as advanced, such as an animal or bacteria.

According to our reports on Athia, there has been obscure lights coming from "Planet G", a planet that scientists have recorded odd images and lights coming from. One week ago John Hope and his crew flew in Wagnes I, there former ship, to Athia, a planet colonized by Smoya. They let it refuel and then took Audicity I, the newest Exploration Space Shuttle in the Smoyan Space Exploration Fleet.

Once they reached Planet G, they reported to Athia Planetary Command that they had found the source of light. The atmosphere is very dense and has lots of radioactivity, they claim.

SEE: Declassified Images from Planet G; Why we aren't the only ones out there

Contact with other "Aliens"
This is not the first time Smoya as a nation has come in contact with an alien race. In 2006 Smoya and the Esham Empire went to war, leading to the collapse of the Esham empire. Later, Smoya encountered the Vaxon Empire about 20 years ago. After starting our space age months ago, Smoya has also met the Republic of Sunset. These new aliens, therefore, are likely to be another advanced species.

We have been allowed to interview Anderson Blake, head of the Smoyan Extra Terrestrial Contact Organization.

[our reporters greeted, then got to business]

SNN: So, Mr. Blake, please tell us the purpose of your organization.

Blake: We made contact with foreign alien races and handle that kind of stuff. We are a government agency.

SNN: Interesting. What did you do when we first came in contact with the Eshams?

Blake: *laugh* Uh, I wasn't there when we did. But, our leader at the time tried to contact them, but they ignored us.

SNN: What about Planet G? What do you think about this?

Blake: I cannot say anything about this.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Reactions
Due to this being highly classified, there have been minimal reactions. President Garey Carl, however, is said to have gone to Jubil, headquarters of the SNSA, while there have been minimal contact.

William Collins has contributed to this report.
Visit Sunalaya!

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:32 am

Maverica Prepareing for war!?

Today at Brandy Island citizens whatch several new ships being built and more solders being transported the the island. Maverica used the island as a place to gather up soldiers for invasion of other nation but Maverica is a peace. Some say that Maverica is getting ready for war in another region to fight old enimies of maverica like Mizrad. Others say that it is just a training excersize. The military today did not respond to the public about the increase of troops.

This is MNS news and have a good day.
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:06 am

Last edited by Yaramaqui on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

Lindenholt
Minister

Founded: Oct 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindenholt » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:36 am

Lindenholt supports Maverica

''Today the Lindian minister of defense, Kjell Janissen, said they would support Maverica. And that Lindenholt is interested in a military alliance with the nation.''
For information: http://iiwiki.us/wiki/Lindenholt
Come to Sunalaya, you'll enjoy it! Sunalaya
This user supports a single state solution for Ventismar.

New Paris 2014, never forget
This user supports a seven state solution for Bograel-Joguestine.

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm

New Disease Spreading?
SNN|January 15, 2014

Jamestown -- Or is it just the flu?

The WA health organization has reported a little over 100 people in Jamestown, USJR that have symptoms of an unknown disease. However, many are tying it to the flu. This new disease has been reported in various other nations, such as Vandeux and Arcadonisia, our neighboring nation.

Symptoms include cysts, high fever, and nausea - well, that's what we know far, according to interviews with infected citizens. The USJR is reported to have begun minor research into seeing if this is just the flu.

However, 72 mysterious deaths - mostly in Arcadonisia - have also been tied to this. If they are tied together, then there must be an unknown symptoms, because according to the SECC (Smoyan Epidemic Control Center) none of the reported symptoms are lethal.

The approximate number infected world wide predicted are 1,000. This may be more of the prediction is wrong.

Ethan Moore has contributed to this report.
Last edited by Smoya on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Sunalaya!

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:29 pm

-
Last edited by Vekalse on Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:23 pm

-

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 pm

Last edited by Yaramaqui on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

Smoya
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Sluggish Economic Growth
SNN|January 15, 2014

Dronden -- After President Carl implanted his "Economic Isolationist" policy, the Smoyan economy has seen "sluggish"growth, as defined by economists.

The Economic Isolationist policy was an economic policy implanted by President Garey Carl to "strengthen the Smoyan economy" and "give workers a meaning to their job". It was also meant to create a stable trade surplus, guaranteeing that there would be more exports than imports. But that doesn't mean that the economy would benefit. The plan included a scale back of international imports and exports. According to statistics, however, the number of exports have shrunken by billions of monops.

President Carl had defined this plan to increase the Smoyan trade surplus by limiting imports and increasing exports. However, it seems as if the exports rely on the imports - after all, if the imports go down, so do the exports. The trade surplus has unexpectedly plunged from about 300 billion to 150 billion. The GDP has only increased by a 0.75%, down from a 1.23%. This, to many, is seen as an advantage for emerging economic nations to gain the level of Smoya.

The Republican Party has expressed an indifference over the issue of their leader's economic plans. "It seemed nice at first," says Republican Senator George Paublo from Kargle. "But, this was a wrong idea. It has only plunged our growth." Others, such as Republican Strategy Leader Rachel Warren, say this is a good idea. "We are all guaranteed a stable growth," she told us. "It will take some time for our economy to convert to this new system. But in the long run it will work out."

However, this had some positive impacts on the economy. With a system where workers must produce more, unemployment has fallen from a 5% to a 2.53%.

In response to this, President Carl's approval ratings have went down, as well as the uncertainty of the future of the Republican Party handling economic growth. His approval ratings have went from a 76% to a 69% in the last few days.

Another Solution?
With a statistically growing dissatisfaction over this policy, parties have opened ways to express their economic values.

Democratic Senator Ricky Haynes has promised "a end to this policy" and "a growth in government support in the economy." Other parties, such as the Labor Party, have released a statement yesterday stating that "The Republican Policy is a failed policy. They have hurt our economy - not to mention our trading partners. With a stronger support for workers worldwide, we can fix our economy."

Ethan Moore has contributed to this report.
Visit Sunalaya!

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:46 am

The Brotherhood rises

After nearly two years underground, The Bannerless Brothers; commonly refereed to as the Brotherhood have reemerged. They did so, with their first national broadcast, hijacking the television satellite. In the boradcast, they stated,

"The Brotherhood will make life miserable for Queen Diana. She has been the cause of death for thousands of us, loyal Rhodeve patrons. Until the time, she steps down and puts in a leader who we agree to, no one in Rhodevus is safe. This is the second coming of the King."

So far, no attacks have yet been made
She/Her

Factbook

Yaramaqui
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaramaqui » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:58 pm

Last edited by Yaramaqui on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
!פלסטין משוחררת

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Jamestown Journal

JJ/January 21st/6:43 JST

"Hello! For those who are just tuning in we are talking with the Rebecca III," the anchor man, wearing a suit and tie, turned to the television screen."Hello!" On the screen three men in white uniforms could be seen floating. All of the held USJR flags.
"Greetings John! Nice to see you again," said one of the Cosmonauts "And greeting to the rest of our viewers." One of the other men waved.
"So, how is the view?" asked John, who was making hand gesters.
"One in a million, the blue gem is quite a view" said the man in the middle. "Want to show them?" The rest of the crew nodded and the man then grabbed the camera. He headed towards a window and focused the camera. "There we are! As of now we are just over the channel. Jamestown is just over..." the camera shook as it was handled. Slowly the view came into focus. "Right there."
"That is very awe inspiring. So, what are you guys doing up there anyways?"
"We," said the cosmonaut, "are testing the limits of Human endurance in space. We will orbit the planet for two weeks before re entering. In the meantime, we will be doing research and ah, enjoying the view.
"Well, thank you, that's all that we have today. Tune in next episode for more on the recent "Cold War"
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:54 pm

ATTACK IN TOWN!

The Bannerless Brothers were believed to only have consisted of 500 or so civilians in Rhodevus. Their numbers have been discovered in part, due to their hostile take over of Saviour Island. Saviour Island is a small landmass owned by Rhodevus, right next to the Imperial City of Rhode. They had successfully taken it over, using a force of 200,000 men, women and children. The island was known for it's iron mines and factories, so the loss of it, can mean billions of Rhodes $ lost from the economy. General Timmel has prepared a force to drive out the Brotherhood, but most are unsure if the brotherhood had once again infiltrated the military, just as they had done during the Kingly wars four years ago.
She/Her

Factbook

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Ignore.

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Ruffnekia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruffnekia » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Ruffnekian Imperial Navy Announces Fleet Exercises

At 4:15pm local time the Defence Minister Lord Ramsby announced the first of many upcoming fleet exercises, this is to get the 2nd fleet ready for combat roles as the cold war drags on. The main point of his announcement was the deployment of 4 destroyers and 2 battlecruiser to just 36 miles off the Yaramaqui National Sea Border for close quarter maneuvers.

He also issued the following statement
"Any ship found carrying illegal cargo (arms, drugs and military equipment) through Imperial waters will be confiscated even if the ship flys under a foreign flag"

We have no idea what sort of repercussions this could lead but we know that this is due to increased traffic in the area carrying goods that the imperial military deems illegal

Keep an eye on the news people as High Lord Mandrake releases his first press tomorrow about the future security presence on the Yaramaqui-Ruffnekian border.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates