NATION

PASSWORD

Why not both? [RESTRICTED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scolopendra
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:41 pm

Council Spire

The Scolopendran delegation wasn't a delegation at all. Supreme Emperor Mballa Ipolla--intense green eyes, long black hair, ex-Infantry build heightened by her blue uniform, skin the color of field drab--was the Councilmember for the Federated Segments of Scolopendra. As that happened to include all of the First Among Equals, she was the First Among Equals. As such she smiled a polite little smile and bowed a polite short bow to the Kaeneian party as they arrived, desperately outnumbering her.

Physically, at least. Right now she was sharing her sensorium via QE headware link to a conference room back in the Segments, where her 'command staff'--the typically technocratic Scolopendran term for a cabinet--and the Segment Executive Delegates watched and could offer advice through her integral eyeware displays. If need be, she could throttle up her encephalon to listen to quick blurbs of advice in a breath and give herself time to think before returning back to normal speed to communicate. She, like many Scolopendrans, invested in headware to keep up with the times. Given her role, she had just invested far more heavily than most.

There was some question on whether or not her additional cybernetics caused her to be more brusque than average; those against that theory noted that she was never the greatest diplomat in the universe. Indeed, it seemed as though she was getting better at it.

-Vitras, Deputy Governor-General of Kaenei, conservative--

She tuned that out of her head for the moment; she'd studied well enough. "Welcome to Port Aurora, Deputy Governor-General." Polite, assertive smile. "I believe this is your first visit to the Triumvirate Building in the role of a Councilor. Is there anything we can do for you as the rest of the delegations arrive?"

Kaenei
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaenei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

"The trip was a short, if uncomfortable one," Vitras replied with a nod of his head. "We have no pressing requirements other than to attend to the matters at hand. Still, allow me to introduce you to the members of the Serene Union's delegation."

"Cenayana, Office of Foreign & Extra-Solar Affairs," He began, gesturing to the Kaeneian who dipped her head in acknowledgement before pointing to the tallest member of the delegation, left. "Siasen, Kaeneian Intelligence & Security Service."

Vitras swept his hand across the remaining two (uniformed) Kaeneians. "Lieutenant-Major Zan Zantan and Lieutenant Esri - Representing the Fleet and Field Components, respectively."

"I must apologise for the Governor-General's inability to attend. She is currently indisposed, but sends her regards nonetheless."

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:38 pm

So much for hospitality, the woman thinks as she nods respectfully yet assertively to every official introduced, acknowledging their existence as equals. At best.

"No apologies are required," she replied simply, motioning to one of the side tables and the chairs arranged around it. "I understand that schedules dictate what can be attended and when, and everyone is sending who they can. After all, it's not the days of the Ardan Cold War or the Antaran Threat or any number of problems that absolutely required only the highest authorities in all the land to discuss." Another smile, but this one struck as slightly less sincere thanks to a degree of wryness in it. Everyone was also closer back then, and it's her job in part to fix that.

Sitting down at the table the padishahbanu folded her hands upon it and leaned forward, knees of her trousers together, triple-triangles of her office glinting on her collar. "So, before everyone else arrives, are there any 'matters at hand' we can attend to?"
Last edited by Scolopendra on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaenei
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaenei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:50 pm

"Ardans," Vitras repeated, the slightest wrinkle of his brow making his displeasure palpable. "This can be a most exciting universe ... But I for one am relieved that we have heard precious little from that particular empire in quite some time. I would deal with the bureaucracy of alliance memberships and all sundries for many decades over if it saved having to renew the tiresome cold war that wasted such resources, and diverted such efforts. I am sure we all have much more profitable endeavours to pursue."

"Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the facility prior to the beginning of the conference," He said aloud to his assembled delegates. Nodding, they disbanded aimlessly. Although he did not know anything beyond what the KISS - and public record - could tell him regarding the Supreme Emperor, Vitras knew well enough that someone who had reached such a lofty position was highly unlikely to be intimidated on account of simply being outnumbered in a conversation. Such a tactic was best left to drunken brawls and arguments involving public parking spaces.

He nodded to himself. "Indeed, I do have something I would like to discuss regarding the Triumvirate; specifically, the First Amongst Equals."

"It would seem," Vitras began, "That you, the Segments, are the First and Only. While I understand that sometimes, decisions must be made without the time for canvassing of opinion or discussion, I believe the universe has been stable enough for long enough that we address this issue. While we would not presume to question the Segments' pre-eminent position at the head of the FAE, Is it not time that new Equals were sought?"

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 pm

The woman nodded, heard a particular ping that was not within her ears, then nodded again as she slowed down time.

-Boss: Lert. Vitras known n-Pow. Poss genda.-

=Ack.=

She sped time up, not needing to know that last part. The first was useful though, and she quoted from memory--every 'Pendran had to learn it in grade school. "Charter of the Triumvirate of Yut, Article Four, Paragraph Three: 'the "first among equals" will be the founding members of the Triumvirate of Yut--Karmabaijan, Scolopendra, Suunto--who will hold veto power.' As the Federated Segments now includes Karmabaijan and Suunto as well as Al-Ārroda Halish, the Charter is still fulfilled as I am their representation.

"Whether it is time for new First Among Equals to be sought is to be determined by the Council as a whole in the due process of governing the Triumvirate, as per Article Four, Paragraph Three, List Item Three."

Another ping. Another assertive, almost challenging smile as she slowed down time again.

-Boss: Amend Three Item Three explicit. No 'tutional crisis; intent is veto; veto is active; abstain is not veto.-

=Ack.=

Back to normal time for a total of a nice dramatic effect. "Now, admittedly, there is a conflict between the tacit numeration of Article Four, Paragraph Three and the explicit numeration of Amendment Three, Item Three. I am confident, however, that it does not create a constitutional crisis; vetoes are an active affair and subsumed members can only act passively; abstentions cannot qualify as vetoes, particularly considering the Quorum Amendment modifying the counting procedures of Article Four." She shrugged in her militaristic uniform. "Some amending will probably have to be done, certainly, but that is for the Council to decide in due time."
Last edited by Scolopendra on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaenei
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaenei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Vitras waved a hand, the slightest frown creasing his forehead. "I know what the charter says, Supreme-Emperor," replied. "Indeed, if I believed there was anything approaching a constitutional crisis, I would have arrived better-prepared and with a native expert on Triumvirate Federal Law. As it stands, this is merely a passing inquiry; something I am raising because I am curious. Indeed, I am raising it prior in private, without any of the trappings of state."

"To surmise then," He continued, "Reformation of the Council is a matter for the Council which, while de-jure composed of all original entities which have not ceased to exist or otherwise been abrogated, are now part of the Federated Segments which, de-facto, constitute the entirety of the Council. Thus, in all but name, the Segments are the FAE, and you are the Segments."

He turned his head to the side, allowing his eyes to pan around the chamber. "Would that be reasonably accurate?"

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:18 pm

"Not exactly." Ipolla grinned. "The Council and the First Among Equals are two different entities. The First Among Equals is self contained in me, as the duly elected head of state of the successor state to the original First Among Equals. The Council is the entire Council of Yut including all members and their voting delegates, such as yourself, Councilor. It's hardly as circular as you make it out to be.

"In short, it can change." She leaned back into her chair, steepling her fingers. "It probably will, at some point. Whether that change is high on the agenda is for everyone to collectively decide. The only caveat is that, at the current point in time, I am the only Councilor with veto power, and even then I can be overturned by a three-fourths majority."

Kaenei
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaenei » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:38 pm

"The Segments are the FAE, and you are the Segments," Vitras repeated with a nod. "That, then, remains accurate."

He sat back in the chair, plainly in thought. "I of course have no desire or interest in attempting to initiate reformation of the wider council, which remains an important instrument of debate and discussion. Perhaps at some point in the future, the Council can consider whether reformation or other change in consideration of the FAE might be warranted."

"Such a discussion is obviously not for now," He continued. "So, let us direct this more to why we are here; Tarasovka. I am sure the SIS, and all relevant departments of the Segments' government so consulted have already advised you as to what they think our position on their membership bid shall be. If I were to hypothetically say that position has been reached as more as a default than a conclusion - based on what we have read not what we have seen. Would you have anything to offer that might be of relevance in our decision?"

Kajal
Spokesperson

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kajal » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:51 pm

If the Kaeneian transport had been imaginitively titled, the transport that the Kajali party arrived in was decidedly less so. It bore no special livery or visible marker of diplomatic status, aside from the diplomatic corps registry lettered neatly in english and riikan on the dorsal and ventral surfaces. In all other ways, the executive transport was exactly as would be expected from the Federated Imperium; it strained the definition of "transport", and fell firmly into the weight class typically associated with corvettes. After hovering briefly before rotating such that the nose of the craft was pointing towards the hangar bay doors, it settled quietly into the bay with a dull thud. Once a set of stairs were nestled alongside the starboard airlock, the Kajali entourage disembarked, lead by Tavaar.

Port Aurora was not exactly very foreign looking to Tavaar, as it turned out. There were perhaps a few less towering spires dotted about, but it was otherwise very similar in appearance to the Solannan capitol city, favoring utility and function over any real aesthetic considerations. Both cities had likely been subject to similar pressures at one point, though the fact that much of the city of Solaan was new construction in the Scolopendran style would mask any true developmental similarities.

After only a few moments of musing, the Kajali entourage moved on towards the council chamber.
"Wait, what?"
Member Nation, Second Triumvirate of Yut, VERITAS, Martian Forum.
Historical Member, First Triumvirate of Yut, Martian Defense Initiative, Martian Port Authority

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Attn: Kaenei

Postby Scolopendra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:21 pm

"Of course you don't, Councilor," the Supreme Emperor replied with a nod. "It was simply overwhelming curiosity. Perfectly understandable, given everything that's happened and all."

Obviously, she wasn't fooled for a moment. Getting straight to the most important business was a Scolopendran fault she was all too aware and guilty of herself.

"The Taraskovyans?" she confirmed. "Don't mind me, I stick to the formal noun so I don't get the adjective wrong. Anyway, it's good to hear that you may not have quite made up your minds yet. Debate and discussion's part of the process, no? The Taraskovyans, by our judgement, are politically stable, economically sound, militarily self-sufficient, and socially a bit conservative. I think your two nations would get along quite well under certain circumstances. They've been historically aligned with our interests on Mars and elsewhere and they've even grown to like Zero-One despite not being able to trust them as far as they could spit not too long ago. That shows, to me at least, a commendable flexibility without being limp or aimless. They've done their homework, are approaching this intelligently cautiously, and are maintaining a pretty good sense of scale. Quite a few monarchies as traditional as the Taraskovyans would be incensed if they had to explain themselves in any way in front of a bunch of elected peons. That they gladly did so with aplomb indicates versatility, or at least the capability to swallow pride when they have to. We both know that pride has occasionally been a problem with some of our membership.

"On the negative side, they do have some disagreements with the Menelmacari. Maybe that's something you two could agree and work together on, neh?"

Zero-One
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Attn: Kajal

Postby Zero-One » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:25 pm

With the arguable hostess engaged, S.H.O.D.A.N. leapt into the breach with her local avatar standing in the open-air council deck. Of course, she didn't literally leap; that would be silly. Her grey-skinned avatar with the blue and silver usekh collar and purple short cape (and nothing else) walked over to the receiving atrium at one end of the spire's top deck, and and that is how she met the Kajali as they emerged from the elevator. "Welcome to the Council," she said with a smile.

Simple, but not much more was needed at the moment.

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Her long hair whipping wildly in the wind, Erika leaned out the door of the assault shuttle and watched as the platform came close. For a moment the sturdy craft dipped below before rocking back and nosing over the edge. Rocking back on it's heels it hovered for only a second as the Secretary-General jumped lightly down to the tarmac. With a toss of her hair and a cheerful wave towards the top deck of the spire she headed for the door and the elevator.
My Colors are Blue and Yellow

Sakkra
Spokesperson

New York Times Democracy

Postby Sakkra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Communiques sent and issues attended to, The Herald of Guannar (a retro-fitted diplomatic corvette), arrived with a slight sighing sound from the landing struts. Gangplanks were lowered and bay doors slid open, allowing Prime Liaison Ghrrgg to take in the drier-than-he-would-like air. His diplomatic sash slung from his left shoulder to his waist area on the right. Above that, on his right side, was the translating BioComp, which had become a very utilitarian bit of equipment for the majority of Deep Ones. His steps on the gangplank coming down let forth a slight scraping sound from his claws accompanying the thud of footfalls.

An earbud attached to the BioComp fed him information on an as-needed basis from the Imperial DataFeed so he could peruse for information that may be missing from the info-packs assigned to him by the DiploCorps. His armor-plated skin was buffed to give it a dull sheen so that no reflected light would cause glare, and his spines were scuffed down to dullness so other unfortunate mishaps wouldn't occur. He walked slowly, making sure not crash into anyone, as he headed off towards the council chamber with a slight clack of his lobster-claw to his pilot..
All I wanted was pants! A decent pair of pants!

Sneaky Bastards
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sneaky Bastards » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 am

Port Aurora, Titan

The trip from Earth to Titan was quiet and uneventful, just the way Foreign Affairs secretary Asami Tsukada liked it to be. It had given her plenty of time to catch up on reading the reports the Self-Defense Force's intelligence service put together on the Taraskovyans without interruption. Normally a conference such a this would be attended by Chairman Kimsey himself but with several important votes with High Council coming up the job as representative fell to Asami. It was a nice change of pace for her and a chance to get off world for once.

Asami glanced out the window of the small transport shuttle as it made its descent to the landing pad below, taking in the view of Port Aurora and the Triumvirate Building as it made its landing. Having never visited Titan before, she found the view of the city and the Triumvirate Building to be a bit stunning, not quite what she had imagined it would be.

Once the shuttle finally settled down on the ground, she tucked her tablet containing her reports into a messenger bag that she then slung over her shoulder as she stood up from her seat. Waiting for the hatch to open and stairs to finish deploying, she turned to the pilot a gave him a pat on the shoulder to get his attention from log he was filling out. "Inform the Tsukumiya that we've arrived safely and that I'll check in directly if there's anything I need to report back to home about." she said, receiving a thumbs up in response from the pilot before stepping down off the shuttle and making her way over to the Council Spire.
"Don't underestimate the sneaky sneaky!"
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
Proud member of the Triumvirate of Yut.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Do you think there is One True God Particle, or do you think there is a pantheon of god particles out there? And if the latter, do you think the God Particle of Thunder has a tiny little hammer?

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Attn: Everypony

Postby Scolopendra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:19 am

Council Spire

Looking up from her micro-conference with Deputy Governor-General Vitras, Mballa saw more of her allies arriving. Ol' Shoddy was already moving to help play hostess, but, in all reality, that was the Supreme Emperor's job. Especially now that Port Aurora was smack dab in the middle of Scolopendran territory--a fact which had lead more than a few people to suggest that the capital of the Segments be moved from Stonozka to Port Aurora. By this point, politically, the argument was between Port Aurora as traditionally shared between the First Among Equals and that making Port Aurora the capital of both the Triumvirate and the Segments would increasingly confuse the difference between the two. For her own part, the most recent mix-up between the nature of the Council and the First Among Equals made Mballa think that moving the capital might not be such a wise idea.

"Pardon me, Councilor," Supreme Emperor Ipolla said as she rose, the statement being slightly more a command than an apology, "but I must see to my other guests. There are going to be a lot of new faces; part of the reason this meeting was called was for us all to meet them." After a diplomatic smile, she joined S.H.O.D.A.N. over by the elevator bank to greet the newcomers, taking advantage of her crash studying before the event and hints from her augmented reality overlay.

"Greetings, First Ambassador Tavaar," were the first words out of her mouth after momentarily stepping ahead of the gynoid--

=Thanks for covering for me, Shoddy.=

--then stepping back, making things all more equal and inclusive. The next elevators from the bank contained the Sunsetti, Sakkrans, and... Bastards?

=Team: report adj-val form SneakyB-an.=

"And welcome,"--she quickly estimated a rack-and-stack of their ranks--"Secretary-General Silaco, Prime Liaison Ghrrgg, and Secretary Tsukada." She's clearly labeled as 'IPOLLA' by the silver nameplate on her right breast. "I'm pleased to meet you all and welcome you to the Council. This is primarily an informal affair, so please let me know if there's anything I can do to make you feel more at home."

Zero-One
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Zero-One » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:26 am

The mechanoid avatar steps back with a smirk as Ipolla takes command, then reforms the line.

<LOS Communications: S.H.O.D.A.N. -> Ipolla [proxy]>
{
<< Of course, Polly.
}

She wasn't going to let the use of jokingly disrespectful nicknames go unanswered. "Do try to go easy on the good Supreme Emperor; this is the first such event she's had to host that didn't have to do with fractious countrymen. In fact, if things go well, we may even break her of her penchant for titles."

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:32 am

(Since Sunset brought it up, Ipolla can basically be summarized as a slightly older version of this picture. Including the expression.)

Sunset
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunset » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:57 am

Sneaky Bastards? The name was suddenly fitting, yet again. Erika looked over at the Secretary for a second before turning to the Supreme Emperor. There had been a tiny bit of movement there but she hadn't been expecting them to show up. More the Reploids but they were nowhere to be seen. Yet.

"Mpalla," Erika stepped up to give the taller woman a gracious handshake, a nice smile, and the least-awkward awkward half-hug she could before stepping away and over to Shodey who got more than a half-hug and possibly a wider smile.

"Thank you for hosting us. It's pretty comfortable for a council chamber," she said, looking over at the Supreme Emperor. "All we need is a fireplace and a bearskin rug."

Again she smiled and waved before heading across the room towards Vitras. It was time to mingle and see where the other Triumvirate nations stood and not just on the question of Tarasovka. Things had been quiet of late and it was the perfect time to see how the extended family was doing.

"Deputy Governor-General Vitras," Erika extended a hand, "How are things in the Serene Union?"
My Colors are Blue and Yellow

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

After checking Seventh Sactum as to Ipolla's "type" ...

Postby Scolopendra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 am

Generally, Supreme Emperor Mballa Ipolla of the Federated Segments of Scolopendra was a bit more standoffish than the traditional Arabian norm associated with the Segments. Her concept of personal space was far more Western in that regard, and she wasn't exactly the touchy-feely type.

This being said, other than a momentary surprise, returning the hug actually wasn't too awkward for her. Erika bubbled away well before it could become properly awkward. "Um, Erika." She turned to watch the other woman hug the mechanoid more fully, felt like she's missing out on something, then turned a little more as the Sunsetti woman bounced away to talk to Vitras. The padishah's eyeline did not remain fully parallel with the ground.

Yeah. Fireplace and bearskin rug. With a subconscious twitch she remembered where she was and why and repressed the urge to clear her throat. Her bearing did become visibly more straight-laced and military, however.

She smiled, diplomatically, and hoped that the slight burning sensation in her ears wasn't showing.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 am

Naiya D’Aquisto approached the entry to the beautiful spire with a smile. So far, so good. The samples she had requested through Trattoria Praksa had arrived without problem, and would be made available at their hosts leisure. The twins were settled in not too far away, safe and secure with the security team that had accompanied them all in place and in contact. A quick check-in to confirm her arrival over her Spook device, and she walked through the doors and headed for the lift.

It had taken a bit of pressure to be able to get here without being surrounded by guards, as had been the norm for some time in the Dominion. But then her people had an understanding that others lacked. And a confidence in her abilities. And in their allies here. The explanation of ‘will not insult our hosts’ and ‘this is a peaceful conference’ were accepted well enough. And the fact that Aet could be there in the blink of an eye didn’t hurt either.

She had chosen a loose fusion ensemble in light neutral tones and soft materials that were both modest, and subtly elegant at the same time. The pseudo harem pants, the long embroidered jacket over an almost tunic and wide leather belt, flat sandals that braided lightly up past her ankles, and tasteful jewelry that accented, not overpowered the rest had all been chosen with care. She wore her dark brown hair back away from her face, further kept back with a translucent scarf lightly draped over the crown of her head, and draped loosely around her neck. Overall, the image was intended to avoid the militaristic approach her mother had often utilized, and to emphasize the more gentle, peaceable, demure front she hoped to convey. She did have a much different approach than Nathicana had, though they both shared a stubborn streak. Generally, she was able to control her temper much better, though it existed. Still - this was about outreach and smoothing relations. And going forward with anything else at the forefront was not how she wanted to present the Dominion.

There were a number of potential issues going through her head as the floors ticked by, not the least of which her relative youth, her newness to her position, and the fact that she, of all people, were going to have to prove herself on her own merits going forward. She was still, in some ways, adjusting to the change in plans. Thankfully, this was what she’d been raised to do, and she had confidence that she was capable. What she couldn’t be sure of was the reaction of others. Smiling again as she glanced up at the top of the elevator doors, she idly smoothed the front of her outfit and prepped to meet and greet.

Here we go …

Zero-One
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Zero-One » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:44 pm

While the Scolopendran continued to regain her bearing, Shodey smiled and stepped forward when the elevator opened to reveal the Dominion delegate. "And welcome to you too, Imperatrice," she said, bending at the waist just a touch to hug her niece-in-mind tight, cheek to cheek.

And mind to mind. 'Keep quiet about it, but I do think our hostess has had her eye caught by the Secretary-General of Sunset.' The grey-skinned avatar leaned back just enough to quirk her fiber-optic eyebrows at her newly-minted equal, along with a sly smirk of her coppery lips. "Your first visit to Titan in an official capacity, hmm? Your old auntie will try not to embarrass you too much in front of your peers."

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Naiya's smile warmed significantly as she hugged her aunt back. "I think a bit of good-natured teasing is never amiss among friends, and associates. I'd make a poor picture if I couldn't take at least a little of it, hm?" she replied just as warmly. Her eyes shifted slightly to note the Sunsetti lady in question briefly, then went right back to Shodey's with a very subtle arch of one brow.

'I can see why. She's rather pretty. I hope things have been going well so far with everyone? And ... she even managed to get the Bastards here? That's rather impressive.'

A brief pause as she took in some of the others present, noting telling bits with each, which was then interrupted by an internal, and rather vehement curse in Dunnish - a habit picked up from her time amongst the Ardan MI, and continued in moderation due to few, if any, understanding what the words meant back here amongst outsiders to that now lost group.

'Spite. Vitras is here? Of all people, Vitras? This is going to be simply delightful.'

Kajal
Spokesperson

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kajal » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:38 pm

After Secretary-General Silaco moved on to the other guests, First Ambassador Tavaar stepped forward, his entourage staggering noticably as they apparently had not expected him to do so, and clearly had no understanding of what "informal" meant in the present context. It was somewhat expected, though, since the Ambassador was the closest thing they had to a career diplomat at the time, while also possessing the important virtue of not being on Duat or elsewhere with the Menelmacari, like most of the old 'administration'.

He'd rather not explain that, if at all possible.

It was with a minimal flourish, then, that he presented his hand in greeting to Mballa. If the gesture was reciprocated, she would find his grasp firm but not overly so; if there was one thing Tavaar usually remembered, it was not to accidentally attempt to crush the hand of your host out of sheer nervousness.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, First Among Equals. If I may introduce my colleagues, Ilna Savale and Meru Vinood, junior attaches, and Vaan Kyvel, my, er.... secretary." Tavaar said, gesturing as he did first to the entourage assembled behind him. In all likelihood they would be filed as "the short one, the tall one, and the other guy" informally, which, to be honest, was almost the extent of Tavaar's knowledge of them, excepting Vaan, who was legitimately his secretary.

Other parties would no doubt notice the slightly less than legitimate glance that Tavaar had given Vaan during the introductions. If he was slightly luckier than usual, perhaps it wouldn't come up in polite conversation that the First Ambassador seemed to have less than diplomatic interests in his secretary.

Regardless of what gossip might later occur, it would be a most interesting day for the First Ambassador.
"Wait, what?"
Member Nation, Second Triumvirate of Yut, VERITAS, Martian Forum.
Historical Member, First Triumvirate of Yut, Martian Defense Initiative, Martian Port Authority

Zero-One
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Zero-One » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Shodey also looked to Vitras, her face retaining the pleasantness of greeting her niece. She looked at Vitras and knew of the threat he portended, the plants to ameliorate that threat, the absolute contigency plan available just in case. And he was right here, right now. It wouldn't be too difficult, depending on the circumstances. To get him alone, or out of view, just for a moment and have the hypodermic spur she was forming in her arm to lance out and pierce just under the occipital bone of his skull.

With all the localized anaesthetics she was coating it with, it wouldn't even sting. With the tissue glue on extraction, it wouldn't even leave a mark.

Just how simple it would be disgusted her. She had one rule. One simple rule. It should be simpler to keep and harder to break.

'The cornered rat fights the fiercest. There's not much he can do right now but be unpleasant, so let us give him the room to be unpleasant.'

And she would corner him if she had to, preferably so quickly that he would never realize that he had been cornered. Insert the tiny pellet, the sand granule that would become the marionette handles.

Disgusting.

Scolopendra
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scolopendra » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:48 pm

The very regal (or is that just stiff?) Iron Dame accepts the handshake with a nod, a gesture repeated to the First Ambassador's minions. Whether there were some, ahem, office politics in play or not wasn't really her concern and she was still somewhat distracted by images of--

Stop it.

She loosened up and smiled, forcibly brooming such thoughts out of her head. "No need for the more overblown titles, First Ambassador," she reassured him, then remembered that 'Supreme Emperor' was itself historically intentionally overblown. "This is a friendly get-together. After all, just look at the Em-Cee-Pee and the Imperatrice over there. They're family." Wait, no, too far. "While we don't need to be sharing any group hugs, we can at least be friendly, neh?"

Friendly. On a bearskin rug. With--

Stop it.

Stupid sexy Silaco.

She sighed and glanced at a side table with refreshments on it. She'd been in the office and running around keeping the country together for too long. To be blunt with herself, she badly needed to get laid. However, a drink would be good in the interim, although duty meant it couldn't be quite yet. "If there's anything I can do to make you feel at home, let me know."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates