NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 am

Aaand that post was way too big.

I spared you guys the pain of me adding Jodelle and Andrew in there somewhere.

Except Andrew's part would be like, one line.

I had an idea for a more positive start to Cassie's morning then I ended up going with, but I also forgot I had this other idea I really wanted to get out of the way. And I think my positive idea will work better in another big time skip then it does right now.

Also, about half of Kira's section is unreadable, so that part should be easy.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:22 am

Ooooh! Asgard! You's on!

*puts app on most recent page so that it's immediately visible*

Xeng He wrote:Okay, you know what? Screw it. I'm going to try to do this again...

Name: Tian Bik
Nationality: Ming Chinese (seriously, it's explained in the backstory)
Height: 4' 9"
Weight: 80 lb
Hair: Black
Eyes: Hazel
Costume (if any): Tattered robes!
Abilities: Tian bik has the ability to speed up or slow down her movement through time--so basically she can go super-fast or superhumanly slow, depending on her desire.
Dorm: Villain
Brief Bio: Tian Bik began her life hundreds of years ago, to a family that lived off the land--not a glamorous life, to be sure, but a stable one.

Unfortunately, her father's land was appropriated for a building project when she was 8, leaving her very quickly an orphan on the streets.

She was, just barely, able to survive through begging and the occasional bit of small-time thievery, thankfully, but she ultimately ended up stealing food from the wrong plot of land--one belonging to a nobleman with quite an interest in alchemy, in fact. He possessed, right then and there, a formula that might just lead to an elixir of immortality, but he was a cautious man, and had heard many a story of a would-be alchemist making a poison or explosive that simply killed them rather than bestowing the desired prize. So, in a manner of speaking, luck was with Tian Bik that day, because this nobleman alchemist needed test subjects.

People no one would miss.

Tian Bik would be the first to receive this "elixir", and it didn't quite work as intended--she didn't die, for certain, but she didn't become immortal. What did happen, though, was a wonder all its own. Lights and colors started to blur together as centuries unfolded in a blink of Tian Bik's eyes. When she regained her bearings, she awoke in a very different world--but her role was fated to be very much the same. She had no ties, and was still only beginning to learn how to use her powers, so she still needed some protection from those along society's margins. Criminals. And her powers, as she figured them out, became noticed.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), this led to her being captured by some of the good guys working for the SHH. They ended up putting her into the school, and, well...

Now a new story begins.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 am

Ok..... What to post..... HMMMM

Asgard, what's the rules for people who vanish? like, with Sarah? Should I say that she's still there, and Jay and Sarah just hang out in times that aren't RP'd, or do we say that she needed to leave for some reason?
Times are looking grim these days~

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 am

*sigh* I'm going to need to get used to reading lost posts for this RP.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 am

Terintania wrote:Asgard, what's the rules for people who vanish? like, with Sarah? Should I say that she's still there, and Jay and Sarah just hang out in times that aren't RP'd, or do we say that she needed to leave for some reason?

Zark hasn't been on in quite a while, so you can take control of the character if you want. Otherwise she could just be a background character that Jay hangs out with sometimes. I'll leave it up to you, since you have the characters that are most strongly connected to Sarah.

Xeng He wrote:
Okay, you know what? Screw it. I'm going to try to do this again...

Abilities: Tian bik has the ability to speed up or slow down her movement through time--so basically she can go super-fast or superhumanly slow, depending on her desire.
Brief Bio: Tian Bik began her life hundreds of years ago, to a family that lived off the land--not a glamorous life, to be sure, but a stable one.

Unfortunately, her father's land was appropriated for a building project when she was 8, leaving her very quickly an orphan on the streets.

She was, just barely, able to survive through begging and the occasional bit of small-time thievery, thankfully, but she ultimately ended up stealing food from the wrong plot of land--one belonging to a nobleman with quite an interest in alchemy, in fact. He possessed, right then and there, a formula that might just lead to an elixir of immortality, but he was a cautious man, and had heard many a story of a would-be alchemist making a poison or explosive that simply killed them rather than bestowing the desired prize. So, in a manner of speaking, luck was with Tian Bik that day, because this nobleman alchemist needed test subjects.

Tian Bik would be the first to receive this "elixir", and it didn't quite work as intended--she didn't die, for certain, but she didn't become immortal. What did happen, though, was a wonder all its own. Lights and colors started to blur together as centuries unfolded in a blink of Tian Bik's eyes. When she regained her bearings, she awoke in a very different world--but her role was fated to be very much the same. She had no ties, and was still only beginning to learn how to use her powers, so she still needed some protection from those along society's margins. Criminals. And her powers, as she figured them out, became noticed.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), this led to her being captured by some of the good guys working for the SHH. They ended up putting her into the school, and, well...

Now a new story begins.

Accepted.

Castilia wrote:
Name: Katrina Viviare
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5'4
Weight: 128 lb
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): Here
Abilities: Technokinesis/Technopathy
Brief Bio: Katrina was born in Toronto to a French Father and Canadian mother whom both acknowledged her obsessive interest in all forms of technology. Though they were no better well off than most, Katrina's powers were suspected when she managed to build her own PC at the age of seven, and then to deposit 100,000 dollars in her mothers banking account after playing around an ATM. If that wasn't enough, Katrina began to explore the wonders of hacking when she needed money to support her family. Through this process she drove many others into poverty to support her own, but reassured herself that family took precedence to some people she didn't know. As the obsession grew, Katrina began to experiment, gouging out her left eye to replace with a cybernetic(It works as a scanner actually), and attaching high level implants to the sides of her head(These enhance her telepathic connection to machines). With her hobby growing more extreme, and guilt-ridden, Katrina's parents sold her out to the authorities who gave her the options of: A: Imprisonment. B: The Academy.

(I was invited by my dear friend Scam.)

Accepted.

Scamvidia wrote:
Name: Miranda Huse
Nationality: American
General Appearence: Here ya go.
Costume (if any): Nope c:
Abilities: Just plain old super strength and speed. Because it goes well with her personality.
Brief Bio: Miranda had a normal life. Nice family, nice school, a lot of friends, and a good boyfriend. Nothing could have made her happier, she had all she needed. Except for her boyfriend.. He was a nice guy and all but, he hadnt been answering her texts and calls like he used to. He seemed so.. Distant. So it was only natural for her to investigate. But she investigated a little differently than most people, she would stalk her boyfriend and hide under his bed while he slept, to make sure no one came to see him. Needless to say, one day she caught her boyfriend with another girl, use that term loosely because he was just hugging the girl. And the girl turned out to be his sister. But Miranda didn't notice that until it was too late, for she had already crushed his windpipe and thrown him through a building. Accidental? No. Yandere? Yes. She quickly fled and ended up at (insert name of school here) where her new story begins.

I'm not great at making bios XD

Accepted.

Krufuffuluffia wrote:
Name:Dexter Tiphone
Hero name:Prodigy
Affiliation:Hero
Nationality:USA
Height: 5'10
Weight: 130 lb
Hair:Black
Ability:Incredibly smart. (not batman smart, like, calculate the angle of the gun and the speed of a bullet plus the amount of time it takes to squeeze the trigger and then dodge the bullet smart)
Dorm:Lives in a secret bunker in the library.
Brief bio: Jack Cedar was incredibly smart to begin with. When his entire family disappeared he was put into adoptive care. A man named Chester Samts adopted him and was revealed to be apart of a secret organization. They did tests on him to improve his
already massive intellect. It succeeded and they made him do several missions. He eventually broke free and took the name Dexter Tiphone (unscrambled spells The Poindexter). He became hero to stop the organization that kidnapped him.

Denied, you'll need to put him in one of the actual dorms. Since the Academy is housed in a space station there simply is no logical way that anyone could hide a bunker inside of it.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:41 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:Asgard, what's the rules for people who vanish? like, with Sarah? Should I say that she's still there, and Jay and Sarah just hang out in times that aren't RP'd, or do we say that she needed to leave for some reason?

Zark hasn't been on in quite a while, so you can take control of the character if you want. Otherwise she could just be a background character that Jay hangs out with sometimes. I'll leave it up to you, since you have the characters that are most strongly connected to Sarah.

I think I'll have her be a background character that Jay hangs out with sometimes. I don't think I could play Sarah properly. I may play her at times when it would make sense for Jay to talk to her or something.We'll see.

Vulnus
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:43 am

Hm..

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:Denied, you'll need to put him in one of the actual dorms. Since the Academy is housed in a space station there simply is no logical way that anyone could hide a bunker inside of it.

:blink:

I didn't even read the apps.

:blink:

I'm not sure how someone would assume you COULD fit a bunker into a space station...

Edit: Damn, 4 new apps?
Last edited by Corrian on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:52 am

Also, for note, you can't dodge bullets without super speed. Not even a bullet from like, 200 yards away.

Partially because you can't see the muzzle flash.

Vulnus
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnus » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:55 am

I shall fill out an application upon returning home, it seems quite interesting.

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Xeng He wrote:
Okay, you know what? Screw it. I'm going to try to do this again...

Now a new story begins.

Accepted.

Danke!

Also, Terintania: *has super speed* :twisted: :p
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 am

Who's class is first, by the way?

I would like to do a class with Leroy that's not just like, someone having a breakdown in the middle of it.

I get the feeling that Alexi's class and Leroy's class have aspects that help the students with the other's class, as well.

Xeng He wrote:
Mighty Asgard wrote:

Accepted.

Danke!

Also, Terintania: *has super speed* :twisted: :p

I was referring to the denied guy's app. It says he can calculate the speed of the bullet and whatnot stuff to dodge a bullet. He doesn't have super speed, so it would be impossible.

Mythbusters tested it :P

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:09 am

Terintania wrote:
I was referring to the denied guy's app. It says he can calculate the speed of the bullet and whatnot stuff to dodge a bullet. He doesn't have super speed, so it would be impossible.

I know. I'm just feeling all special now. :p

Although about the bullet...you probably couldn't dodge the bullet once it's fired (which is, from the mythbusters site, what was tested), but you might be able to figure out where a guy was going to fire based on the angle he's pointing the gun at, and get out of that trajectory right before he pulls the trigger...
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:11 am

Xeng He wrote:
Terintania wrote:

Although about the bullet...you probably couldn't dodge the bullet once it's fired (which is, from the mythbusters site, what was tested), but you might be able to figure out where a guy was going to fire based on the angle he's pointing the gun at, and get out of that trajectory right before he pulls the trigger...

You'd have to be able to predict exactly when he was going to fire soon enough before he did to get out of the way.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am

Terintania wrote:
Xeng He wrote:

You'd have to be able to predict exactly when he was going to fire soon enough before he did to get out of the way.

To be fair, the Mythbusters did find a distance from which you could theoretically dodge the bullet. The problem is that it is at such a distance that the flash will not be visible. If you wanted to have a character dodge a bullet, you would need to give them super-eyesight to see the flash.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Terintania wrote:You'd have to be able to predict exactly when he was going to fire soon enough before he did to get out of the way.

To be fair, the Mythbusters did find a distance from which you could theoretically dodge the bullet. The problem is that it is at such a distance that the flash will not be visible. If you wanted to have a character dodge a bullet, you would need to give them super-eyesight to see the flash.

Yeah. Either super-sight to see the flash, or super speed to be able to dodge from a distance where you could see the flash.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 am

Can't you just, like, hear the gun fire off?

Not that that would really help you dodge, but yeah.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:01 am

Corrian wrote:Can't you just, like, hear the gun fire off?

Sound is slow. You would probably be dead by the time you heard it :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:03 am

Terintania wrote:
Corrian wrote:Can't you just, like, hear the gun fire off?

Sound is slow. You would probably be dead by the time you heard it :P

True...
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:10 am

So, Leroy doesn't drink Coffee partially because he doesn't want to get addicted to it.....

But he drinks alcohol on a regular basis........

Logic....

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 am

Terintania wrote:You'd have to be able to predict exactly when he was going to fire soon enough before he did to get out of the way.

Well yeah, it isn't exactly likely, but you make a similar sort of prediction in other forms of combat, I think--blocking a punch means knowing it's coming, etc.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Krufuffuluffia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krufuffuluffia » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Sorry, got a bit carried away. Here you go.

Ability:Incredibly smart. (not batman smart, like, calculate the angle of the gun and the speed of a bullet plus the amount of time it takes to squeeze the trigger and then dodge the bullet smart)
Dorm: Hero
Brief bio: Jack Cedar was incredibly smart to begin with. When his entire family disappeared he was put into adoptive care. A man named Chester Samts adopted him and was revealed to be apart of a secret organization. They did tests on him to improve his
already massive intellect. It succeeded and they made him do several missions. He eventually broke free and took the name Dexter Tiphone (unscrambled spells The Poindexter). He became hero to stop the organization that kidnapped him.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Krufuffuluffia wrote:
Sorry, got a bit carried away. Here you go.

Dorm: Hero

Accepted.

Castilia (Ancient)
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Castilia (Ancient) » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:13 pm

So how should I introduce my character? Anything specific I'm supposed to do?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Castilia wrote:So how should I introduce my character? Anything specific I'm supposed to do?

You could have then arrive at the school by shuttle. That's how most people start.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse