NATION

PASSWORD

Lyran Governmental Trade Department: Foreign Holdings

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lyras
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Lyran Governmental Trade Department: Foreign Holdings

Postby Lyras » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:47 pm

For decades, the Lyran Governmental Trade Department has controlled two of the world's largest trading entities, Lyran Arms and Lambda Financial. The former, a means by which the gargantuan Lyran arms manufacturing sector can usefully dispose of surplus production in a productive fashion, the latter a means of reinvesting the hard currency derived from such transactions. Lacking a domestic economy/civilian sector in a conventionally recognisable fashion, the Protectorate has sought to secure assets overseas, as a means of gradually increasing its income, influence and international standing. Proceeds are reinvested in an ongoing sense, utilised to secure resources regarded as critical to the Protectorate, or provided to other states in order to further Lyran geopolitical aspirations and objectives, including disaster relief, slave liberation, and the honourable defence of civilians and non-combatants around the globe.

With such a perspective in mind, the following are listed as recognised Lyran asset holdings. This list is not exhaustive, and will be updated periodically.

Armaments and Munitions
Vereinigte Waffenindustrie des Yohannesisches Königreichs (VMK AG): 13%
LAIX Arms: 10,000,000 shares (15%)
Ekraysian Defense Systems: 5%
Ninevah International Land Systems: 100,000 shares
Voss Defence Incorporated: 12,600,000 shares (18.5%)
Banjamos Military Services: 10,000,000 shares (25%)
Loneheart Special Operations and Mercenaries: 751 shares
Universal Defence Incorporated: 10,900,000 shares (9.8%)
Terra Nova Regional Defence Industries: 432,594 shares (8.95%)
Pennington Defence Incorporated: 50,000 shares
Wolf Armaments: 5.26%

Gems
Wessex Diamonds:29%

Civil Aviation
First Mecian Airways: 15%
Ruccola Airport Authority: 45%
Nachmere Airlines: 49%
Quendair Airlines: 1,200,000 shares (6%)
Akimonadi Overseas Supersonic Airways: 10%

Resources and Energy
Zastava Energy and Oil: 40%
Quendi-Malascene Oil United: 70,000,000 (17.5%)
Atraezan Oil Conglomerate: 20%
Tallaght Allied Petroleum: 25% net profit, non-voting holding.

Pharmaceuticals
Montana Incorporated: 30%

Shipbuilding
Port Roanoke Shipyards:27%

Civil Manufacturing
Look Incorporated, Greal: 20,000,000 shares

Coffee
BergBucks Coffee Inc.: 4,000,000 shares (30.7%)

Automotive
Forza Automotive: 49,741,287.50 shares (18%)

Financial
Yohannesische Bundesbank: 1,000,000 shares

Please be advised that direct action taken against these entities CAN be construed as an act of war against the Protectorate of Lyras, and the Protectorate reserves the right to act accordingly.

Should any foreign private, commercial or governmental entity seek to do business with the Protectorate of Lyras, requests can be lodged here. Furthermore, completed deals will also be logged here, by way of international notification.

25 SEP 2011: Updated to include holdings in Voss Defence Incorporated: 12,600,000 shares (18.5%).
Updated to include holdings in VMK AG.
26 SEP 2011: Updated to include holdings in Atraezan Oil Conglomerate: 20%
12 OCT 2011: Updated to include holdings in Terra Nova Regional Defence Industries: 432,594 shares (8.95%)
2 NOV 2011: Updated to include holdings in Pennington Defence Incorporated: 50,000 shares
Updated ownership figures in Quendi-Malascene Oil
Updated to include holdings in Yohannesische Bundesbank:1,000,000 shares
16 APR 2013: Updated to include holdings in Akimonadi Overseas Supersonic Airways: 10%
18 NOV 2013: Updated to include holdings in Tallaght Allied Petroleum: 25%
16 DEC 2015: Updated to include holdings in Wolf Armaments: 5.26%
Last edited by Lyras on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Mokastana: Then Lyras happened.

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

TPF: Who is stupid enough to attack a Lyran convoy?

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Kinsgard: RL Lyras is like a real life video game character.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm

EDIT: Added holdings as detailed in Yohannesische Börse AG - Stock Exchange

Banjamos Military Services: 10,000,000 shares (25%)
BergBucks Coffee Inc.: 4,000,000 shares (30.7%)
Forza Automotive: 49,741,287.50 shares (18%)
Loneheart Special Operations and Mercenaries: 751 shares
Quendi-Malascene Oil United: 50,000,000 (12.5%)
Universal Defence Incorporated: 10,900,000 shares (9.8%)
Quendair Airlines: 1,200,000 shares (6%)

Allanea: Wanting to avoid fighting Lyras' fuck-huge military is also a reasonable IC consideration

Sumer: Honestly, I'd rather face Doom's military with Doom having a 3-1 advantage over me, than take a 1-1 fight with a well-supplied Lyran tank unit.

Ieperithem: Eighty four. Eighty four percent of their terrifyingly massive GDP goes directly into their military. And they actually know how to manage it. It's safe to say there isn't a single nation that could feasibly stand against them if they wanted it to die.
Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyran Arms - Lambda Financial - Foreign Holdings - Tracker - Photo - OOC sentiments

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:26 am

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:28 am

Holding addition: Atraezan Oil Conglomerate: 20%

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 pm

Holding addition: Terra Nova Regional Defence Industries: 432,594 shares (8.95%)

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 am

Updated to include holdings in Pennington Defence Incorporated: 50,000 shares
Updated ownership figures in Quendi-Malascene Oil
Updated to include holdings in Yohannesische Bundesbank:1,000,000 shares

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:24 am

Updated to include holdings in Akimonadi Overseas Supersonic Airways: 10%

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Updated to include holdings in Tallaght Allied Petroleum: 25% (non-voting)

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Lyras
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lyras » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Updated to include holdings in Wolf Armaments: 5.26%

Yikes. Just... Yikes.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade