NATION

PASSWORD

Future Tech Advice and Assistance Thread [O.O.C.]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Dreadful Sagittarius wrote:
The Laxus Union wrote:Do you all feel that a terran civilizations should originate from earth? I personally despise the idea of RPing in the same galaxy as earth. I want to create a unique terran that is a little more modified and comes from a different planet.

As a human civilisation (albeit more advanced than the barbarians of the rest of the galaxy), the Polyarchy has never heard of this 'Earth' you speak of.

More seriously, I just don't acknowledge Earth. Okay, so it's home for a lot of other humans. So what? Why does that matter? Unless they're all part of an 'Evil Earth Conspiracy Association', then it doesn't really reflect on anything but backstory. Now granted, I believe that backstory is incredibly important, but do you ever foresee a time when you'll be having to mention 'Oh we come from Earth. No, not that Earth. No, not that one either. This one, yes!'?

Nope. Just simply handwave it. It's as easy as writing 'Colony Ship Gaia arrives in the formerly-designated system A12-7ED' in a timeline.

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:That, its why I avoid FT "Prime" as it is really.

I would be willing to do cross universal stuff, but the whole multi Earth thing is just depressing and meaningless to me as a setting.

Said it before, say it again; If you want to ignore FT, why are you in the FT Advice Thread?

I will entertain you here, I like how...

1. You think I still care about your opinions, even when I ignored you.
2. You think you have an effect on me, because I don't care about you.
3. How your going to try and start an argument here.
4. I don't avoid FT, I ignore FT Prime since I don't agree with it and it just drives me away.
5. You still loose the meaning of RP in your words, since you feel like I must be ignoring everything no matter what because I don't want to play with you.
6. Your not giving advice.
7. And this is the biggest one really. This is the FT advice thread, not the FT Prime only, shoo shoo thread. I use this advice for role play, I am not Vaxon, I am not anyone else, I remember what RP is first and foremost and I will never exclude someone from advice because if someone wants help I will do my best to damn deliver what I can. Until you realize this, until you understand that role play just isn't for your elitist types, until you realize that I want to know your standards, to know what makes some of you good so I can better myself in RP, you won't earn respect from me. Role Play isn't a club, it s a group of cooperation, and I do my part, but I don't want this one nation to be with everyone else, I want it to look and cooperate with people I am interested in, sorry but I just don't enter threads regardless.

Have a good day, and realize that beyond this, I won't talk to you.
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

If you actually want to ignore someone, use the foe system that is on this forum.
Where is Someone Special?
<@Unibot> I don't care about defender unity.

Canuckland
Minister

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Canuckland » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:20 pm

I think I might enjoy this,
Please call me 'Canuck.'
Also, here's my Factbook WIP Factbook.

Factbook update incoming any day now...

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:
SquareDisc City wrote:There are any number of ways to handwave a human civilization originating from a planet other than Earth. You only need an explicit Earth connection if you want real Earth stuff in your backstory. In my case geography's a factor; Zealandia could be transplanted to another planet, but then it would kind of lose its point.

If you don't want to RP in the same galaxy as Earth, though, then you'd better find another community because for better or worse NSFT is based in the Milky Way.

On a sidenote, when it comes to naming your civilization's homeworld it makes sense for the name to be the same as the word for ground or something similar in the local language. Not a requirement, but worth thinking about especially if you come to conlang.

There's Vaxon....

Star Trek America wrote:We had many an argument over your views of Earth in the last thread, they do not need to be reiterated here.

It wasn't really arguments as people not liking that I wanted advice despite not wanting to RP with them at large.

For some reason people just didn't want me to cherry pick for this nation, everyone lost there.

But why make a mention of it, I am just agreeing with the above poster, it is just weird, nonsensical and it is depressing.

In other words Creepy and empty, so are you going to argue against Auman? How about you don't continue further? Because the post doesn't do much besides remind people of a pointless and tiring debate.

As you can see from the opening post of this thread, the FT Advice and Assistance Thread:
    "...while capable of providing advice for all walks-of-life within the NationStates Future Technology community and assistance in regards to many different styles of roleplaying, is primarily concerned with the general community outside of individual groups or closed roleplaying regions, communities, organizations, groups, or canons. Such is to say that this thread's advice and assistance is primarily concerned with the standards, conventions, and agreed-upon norms of FT-Prime (Future Tech outside of closed communities and Future Tech with historical continuity dating back at least a decade); as such, any advice given comes, by default, with the caveat of "within the general Future Tech community/FT-Prime".
As such, this thread is primarily concerned with providing advice and assistance to individuals and players whom intend to or do interact with members of the Future Tech community within the Diplomacy sub-forum (such as within International Incidents, Factbooks and National Information, etc.). This, in effect, means that most - if not all - advice and assistance granted and freely given to players within this thread will only be valid insofar as the individual's whom seek advice understand that station.

Furthermore: topics that are brought-up to discuss by players, are meant to be discussed my players insofar as that discussion continues to have valid educational, advisement, or assisting value. No individual is compelled to discuss those topics ad infinitum, as users are free to leave and enter this thread - insofar as forum rules are maintained - at their leisure and, further, may either officially or unofficially ignore discussions or individuals if they do not desire further discussion of a topic.

Lastly, please see the original post, particular this segment:
    "That being said: this is the OOC Advice and Assistance Thread for Future Tech. [...] If you post asking for advice, a degree of etiquette need be understood; in short, if you ask for advice, you're not obligated to agree with the advice, but you are obligated to respect the advice in the manner to which it was given. If you intend to post to ask for advice, then point at those giving the advice as if you were above criticism, it is best you take your questions elsewhere."
I think general adherence to his policy would work greatly in diminishing otherwise unnecessary arguments within this thread, hopefully inhibiting it taking-on similar disputes as to the previous thread.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SquareDisc City » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Tangentially related, the Daily Mail website ran a story about someone who actually believes humanity came from Alpha Centauri. Search for it if you really want.

And yes I do feel bad for reading the Daily Mail website. It was open on a colleague's computer, but I still should not have looked.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Dreadful Sagittarius wrote:
As a human civilisation (albeit more advanced than the barbarians of the rest of the galaxy), the Polyarchy has never heard of this 'Earth' you speak of.

More seriously, I just don't acknowledge Earth. Okay, so it's home for a lot of other humans. So what? Why does that matter? Unless they're all part of an 'Evil Earth Conspiracy Association', then it doesn't really reflect on anything but backstory. Now granted, I believe that backstory is incredibly important, but do you ever foresee a time when you'll be having to mention 'Oh we come from Earth. No, not that Earth. No, not that one either. This one, yes!'?

Nope. Just simply handwave it. It's as easy as writing 'Colony Ship Gaia arrives in the formerly-designated system A12-7ED' in a timeline.

Said it before, say it again; If you want to ignore FT, why are you in the FT Advice Thread?

4. I don't avoid FT, I ignore FT Prime since I don't agree with it and it just drives me away.
5. You still loose the meaning of RP in your words, since you feel like I must be ignoring everything no matter what because I don't want to play with you.
7. And this is the biggest one really. This is the FT advice thread, not the FT Prime only, shoo shoo thread. I use this advice for role play, I am not Vaxon, I am not anyone else, I remember what RP is first and foremost and I will never exclude someone from advice because if someone wants help I will do my best to damn deliver what I can. Until you realize this, until you understand that role play just isn't for your elitist types, until you realize that I want to know your standards, to know what makes some of you good so I can better myself in RP, you won't earn respect from me. Role Play isn't a club, it s a group of cooperation, and I do my part, but I don't want this one nation to be with everyone else, I want it to look and cooperate with people I am interested in, sorry but I just don't enter threads regardless.

Likely rule violation of what's in that spoiler aside...

Why do you choose to look at the posts of people you ignore? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of ignoring them? And can you please stop starting arguments? If you don't see yourself as starting them, then can you please stop allowing yourself to be baited? The end result is the same.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Mad Jack wrote:If you actually want to ignore someone, use the foe system that is on this forum.

I do, but I felt like giving him some of my opinions on the issue and answer him.

He does think I listen to him or care about him after all, so why not entertain the idea?
But it is a pointless argument regardless,s lets all continue with meaningful stuff.

Kyrusia wrote:
There's Vaxon....

It wasn't really arguments as people not liking that I wanted advice despite not wanting to RP with them at large.

For some reason people just didn't want me to cherry pick for this nation, everyone lost there.

But why make a mention of it, I am just agreeing with the above poster, it is just weird, nonsensical and it is depressing.

In other words Creepy and empty, so are you going to argue against Auman? How about you don't continue further? Because the post doesn't do much besides remind people of a pointless and tiring debate.

As you can see from the opening post of this thread, the FT Advice and Assistance Thread:
    "...while capable of providing advice for all walks-of-life within the NationStates Future Technology community and assistance in regards to many different styles of roleplaying, is primarily concerned with the general community outside of individual groups or closed roleplaying regions, communities, organizations, groups, or canons. Such is to say that this thread's advice and assistance is primarily concerned with the standards, conventions, and agreed-upon norms of FT-Prime (Future Tech outside of closed communities and Future Tech with historical continuity dating back at least a decade); as such, any advice given comes, by default, with the caveat of "within the general Future Tech community/FT-Prime".
As such, this thread is primarily concerned with providing advice and assistance to individuals and players whom intend to or do interact with members of the Future Tech community within the Diplomacy sub-forum (such as within International Incidents, Factbooks and National Information, etc.). This, in effect, means that most - if not all - advice and assistance granted and freely given to players within this thread will only be valid insofar as the individual's whom seek advice understand that station.

Furthermore: topics thought are brought-up to discuss by players, are meant to be discussed my players insofar as that discussion continues to have valid educational, advisement, or assisting value. No individual is compelled to discuss those topics ad infinitum, as users are free to leave and enter this thread - insofar as forum rules are maintained - at their leisure and, further, may either officially or unofficially ignore discussions or individuals if they do not desire further discussion of a topic.

"That being said: this is the OOC Advice and Assistance Thread for Future Tech. [...] If you post asking for advice, a degree of etiquette need be understood; in short, if you ask for advice, you're not obligated to agree with the advice, but you are obligated to respect the advice in the manner to which it was given. If you intend to post to ask for advice, then point at those giving the advice as if you were above criticism, it is best you take your questions elsewhere."
I think general adherence to his policy would work greatly in diminishing otherwise unnecessary arguments within this thread, hopefully inhibiting it taking-on similar disputes as to the previous thread.

I don't think you understand, I take your advice, but I won't associate with the group at large because of multiple reasons, people like Dread being one of them.

Your not getting rid of me, I want advice, I want to give advice, get a Mod to get rid of me if you want me gone.

Santheres wrote:

Why do you choose to look at the posts of people you ignore? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of ignoring them? And can you please stop starting arguments? If you don't see yourself as starting them, then can you please stop allowing yourself to be baited? The end result is the same.

Its funny that your thinking I am starting the argument, even though I didn't, let alone that you think this while not even bothering to read.

Now there are people who are looking for advice, are you going to do what your title implies?
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Avenio wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Furthermore, what does the group think about two things:
1. Shields using plasma held in magnetic fields, and 3-meter-thick titanium-tungsten-vanadium-chromium-iridium alloy, beneath ablative plastic, and above 13 sheets of graphene sandwiching several layers of carbon nanotubes, with another layer of tungsten-iridium carbide alloy below, and finally plastic underneath. This is my standard ship armoring system.
Furthermore, the shields are supplied by plasma from a network of plasma turrets over the hull, which can act as very effective weapons.
2. An FTL engine that magnetically compresses 238,000,000 atoms with 238 protons each into a space the size of a proton, and then blasts it out at 6,768,919.72 times c, the speed of light. That's what I use as my nation's FTL drive; I call it the Dark Energy Drive.

What, exactly, do you want us to say? It's word salad. Worse, it's blatantly wank-y word salad.

What did you expect...no, wait. What's so wanky about it? Everything? I don't know how effective it would be otherwise.
The Akasha Colony wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:2. An FTL engine that magnetically compresses 238,000,000 atoms with 238 protons each into a space the size of a proton, and then blasts it out at 6,768,919.72 times c, the speed of light. That's what I use as my nation's FTL drive; I call it the Dark Energy Drive.

What of it? FTL drives are basically all equally bunk from a purely scientific point of view, so there's not much that can be said.

Okay. Thanks for that statement. I must admit, it sucks that we can't have any FTL.
SquareDisc City wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:1. Shields using plasma held in magnetic fields,
Interesting idea. The plasma will absorb lasers, though I'm not sure what it will do against projectiles. Particle beams, plasma weapons themselves, and magnetic projectiles will be disrupted by the magnetic fields. I'm not sure it's entirely rigorous, but it seems as good as any. The strong magnetic fields might prevent ships from getting too close together without affecting the shields. It'll also probably be a type of shield that requires continuous power to run, since the plasma will radiate away heat and thus need re-energising or topping up. That means your ships can't go around with the shields up all the time, and thus your commanders will need to use other approaches to guard against ambushes.

and 3-meter-thick titanium-tungsten-vanadium-chromium-iridium alloy, beneath ablative plastic, and above 13 sheets of graphene sandwiching several layers of carbon nanotubes, with another layer of tungsten-iridium carbide alloy below, and finally plastic underneath. This is my standard ship armoring system.
My thoughts on armour are that the speeds and energies involved make the exact materials used unimportant, though they still might need choosing based on structural, thermal, or other performance.

2. An FTL engine
Do what you like for your FTL technology. I've yet to see one with anything more than the flimsiest basis in real physics. That's not an attack on you or any sci-fi writers, it's a consequence of the fact that in the real world all evidence is that FTL travel is impossible.

Wow. Magnetic weapons affected? I assume that means my coilguns will have problems firing, but in SF you have to drop your shield to fire anyway most of the time. I invented the plasma shield- well, "invented" is too strong a word- to create a possible real-life counterpart to all those SF energy shields. And I'll be careful to put up the shields when fighting expected enemies.
Themiclesia wrote:
The United Colonies of Earth wrote:So you have knowledge of Proto-Indo-European as well?

Well I am studying Latin and Greek, and I'm doing a bit of leisure reading on Porto languages as well, so I have some exposure to it.

Well. I've never formally studied any classical language, but I have looked into Latin quite a bit thanks to Wikipedia and Wiktionary.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Mad Jack wrote:If you actually want to ignore someone, use the foe system that is on this forum.

I do

You obviously don't, if you're replying to his posts.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Mad Jack wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:I do

You obviously don't, if you're replying to his posts.

Nice not reading the rest of it.

Again if he thinks I care, I will entertain the idea, ignoring someone all the time won't always work, sometimes you have to just try and give them a reason.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Avenio wrote:
What, exactly, do you want us to say? It's word salad. Worse, it's blatantly wank-y word salad.

What did you expect...no, wait. What's so wanky about it? Everything? I don't know how effective it would be otherwise.

Pretty much everything. You picked random large numbers and picked out a list of vaguely impressive-sounding metals, threw them together and asked us what we thought of them.

Yalos
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalos » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Assuming my nation was a semi autonomous region of a larger power that ultimately rebelled, would I have to conceptualize and build said space empire, or can I just use some generic "lulz, we're so evul" template instead? It would suck to have to create a nation to have a nation...does anybody understand what I'm even saying.

Oh god, today is not my day.

Mad Jack
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mad Jack » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Mad Jack wrote:You obviously don't, if you're replying to his posts.

Nice not reading the rest of it.

Again if he thinks I care, I will entertain the idea, ignoring someone all the time won't always work, sometimes you have to just try and give them a reason.

You misunderstand me.

The foe system on the forum hides that persons posts. You have to then click on 'display this post' if you even want to read it.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I do, but I felt like giving him some of my opinions on the issue and answer him.

He does think I listen to him or care about him after all, so why not entertain the idea?
But it is a pointless argument regardless,s lets all continue with meaningful stuff.

Kyrusia wrote:

Furthermore: topics thought are brought-up to discuss by players, are meant to be discussed my players insofar as that discussion continues to have valid educational, advisement, or assisting value. No individual is compelled to discuss those topics ad infinitum, as users are free to leave and enter this thread - insofar as forum rules are maintained - at their leisure and, further, may either officially or unofficially ignore discussions or individuals if they do not desire further discussion of a topic.

I don't think you understand, I take your advice, but I won't associate with the group at large because of multiple reasons, people like Dread being one of them.

Your not getting rid of me, I want advice, I want to give advice, get a Mod to get rid of me if you want me gone.

Santheres wrote:

Its funny that your thinking I am starting the argument, even though I didn't, let alone that you think this while not even bothering to read.

Now there are people who are looking for advice, are you going to do what your title implies?

As per my understanding of the my presumably granted authority as original poster within a thread within the International Incidents board of the Diplomacy sub-forum, I politely wish for you (i.e. the player behind the account -The Unified Earth Governments-) to cease any and all further posting within this thread as it is found within the attached quoted post you seem to be incapable of calmly discussing relevant topics without resorting to vitriolic implications and otherwise detrimental patterns of disruption. If you feel you can continue without making generalizations or sweeping implications as to either the motivations or conduct of other players, I have no issue with your continued posting; however, in a mere three pages, your posts have, as of yet, seemed unnecessarily hostile and disruptive.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Vernii
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2008
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Vernii » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Yalos wrote:Assuming my nation was a semi autonomous region of a larger power that ultimately rebelled, would I have to conceptualize and build said space empire, or can I just use some generic "lulz, we're so evul" template instead? It would suck to have to create a nation to have a nation...does anybody understand what I'm even saying.

It would help for purposes of fleshing out your own nation, yes. But its not mandatory, and you could easily just do basics and leave the rest for later / if it becomes necessary.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Yalos wrote:Assuming my nation was a semi autonomous region of a larger power that ultimately rebelled, would I have to conceptualize and build said space empire, or can I just use some generic "lulz, we're so evul" template instead? It would suck to have to create a nation to have a nation...does anybody understand what I'm even saying.

I don't think you would need to. Provided you don't claim that the preceding empire ruled the entire galaxy or something. I've had Space Russia, on occasion, come across the remnants of previous civilizations in order to steal the shiny things from their remnants, for example.
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:I do, but I felt like giving him some of my opinions on the issue and answer him.

As per my rights as original poster within a thread within the International Incidents board of the Diplomacy sub-forum, I politely wish for you (i.e. [i]the player behind the account [nation=-The Unified Earth Governments-]) to cease any and all further posting within this thread.

Isn't that right restricted to actual role plays? By doing this you are not allowing me to earn advice or give it.

Even though I did nothing to earn this? If this is the case please do so with others such as Dread, who have started this by bringing up the argument first.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:34 pm

-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Its funny that your thinking I am starting the argument, even though I didn't, let alone that you think this while not even bothering to read.

I've actually been mentoring all day. You may not have noticed.

I also asked you to stop getting baited into arguments. Either way, you're basically argument central and I personally think it should stop.

Would you enjoy making the whole history of the space empire that came before it? If not, then I would come up with some good details, maybe a little history to explain the rebellion, and then leave it at that. No one will fault you for not coming up with everything about your nation's past.
Last edited by Santheres on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Santheres wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Its funny that your thinking I am starting the argument, even though I didn't, let alone that you think this while not even bothering to read.

I've actually been mentoring all day. You may not have noticed.

I also asked you to stop getting baited into arguments. Either way, you're basically argument central and I personally think it should stop.

Would enjoy making the whole history of the space empire that came before it? If not, then I would come up with some good details, maybe a little history to explain the rebellion, and then leave it at that. No one will fault you for not coming up with everything about your nation's past.

Sorry, I know you were, and I apologize, I was just angry elsewhere and I am sorry for that, and yes, I should stop getting baited, thank you for that.
/// A.N.N. \\\

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Cheery start to the thread lads. Gorgeous, in point of fact.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Auman
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Auman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:37 pm

I'll delete this if I can.
Last edited by Auman on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBNFTW local 8492

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Santheres wrote:

Would you enjoy making the whole history of the space empire that came before it? If not, then I would come up with some good details, maybe a little history to explain the rebellion, and then leave it at that. No one will fault you for not coming up with everything about your nation's past.

Alternatively, it could be interesting to have an actual RPer be the larger power. I'm certain there would be others that would be up for the task, and such an approach has worked in MT to generally agreeable degrees of success.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Dreadful Sagittarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dreadful Sagittarius » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:38 pm

If you're going to the trouble of making your own nation, why waste the effort by making it a generic thing? Put some spin on it, add some flavour. Make it something that reflects you, not a 'insert name Empire'.

Never mind, nothing to see here >.>

On a totally unrelated tangent, Yalos, I would say you need at least three things; A name for this empire, an idea of the culture, and what they looked like. Those three things can and will influence everything else on the subject should you ever decide to do anything more with the evil empire.
Last edited by Dreadful Sagittarius on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Memoriam of David 'CanisD' Briedis, October 20, 1970 - August 27, 2015
For He Loved The Stars Too Fondly, To Fear The Night
Factbook of the Phanes RepublicFuture-Tech Advice & Assistance Thread
Future-Tech Market Index ThreadThe CompendiumState of the Galaxy
Only a fool taunts the Archer

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Auman wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:No, it was more bitching in my opinion, I was bitching, a couple of others were bitching, it was a pretty useless, non helpful and unenlightened experience overall.

Earth is difficult to exploit because so damn many people claim to be there. It's impossible to be definitive on the subject because of that fact. So, you can ignore it if you want and there will be little consequence. I don't see why it is such an emotional topic.

I don't either, its really weird, they are not even giving advice so there is no point.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Cheery start to the thread lads. Gorgeous, in point of fact.

I agree.

Mad Jack wrote:
-The Unified Earth Governments- wrote:Nice not reading the rest of it.

You misunderstand me.

The foe system on the forum hides that persons posts. You have to then click on 'display this post' if you even want to read it.

I know, I clicked it to see what he said because I felt like entertaining myself then, but then I got baited.

To which i apologize to all for my participation int he argument.
/// A.N.N. \\\

Santheres
Game Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:43 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Santheres wrote:

Alternatively, it could be interesting to have an actual RPer be the larger power. I'm certain there would be others that would be up for the task, and such an approach has worked in MT to generally agreeable degrees of success.

This would definitely be preferable, I think, in terms of having people to readily RP with and basically having an in with some established RPers if the larger power is not also new. If they are new, well, you do still have each other which is definitely a good start to having a core group. From a social aspect, I like this idea. From a world-building aspect, so long as you are both concerned with internal consistency, this would also be a great idea.

The only problem would be finding someone with whom you can easily work cooperatively. This requires a bit more than regular cooperative RP does, I think, unless you mean to create the history and then never really think about each other again.
Last edited by Santheres on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents