NATION

PASSWORD

Top Anti-Gay Group Attempts Public Meeting Over LGBT Rights

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shershah
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

I hope that people get over this insanity of LGBT sympathy, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

Atleast russia is heading in the right direction.
Last edited by Shershah on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Shershah wrote:I hope that people get over this insanity of LGBT sympathy, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

You've got to be kidding me. How is supporting people and expressing opinions insane?
Ambassador Jack Fort, author of GA#264
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Shershah wrote:I hope that people get over this insanity of LGBT sympathy, even if it won't happen anytime soon.

You know that Russia is rife with anti-American sentiment, correct?

You're so desperate to kowtow to homophobia that you'll sacrifice patriotism to do so. It's kind of hilarious.

Shershah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:

You know that Russia is rife with anti-American sentiment, correct?

You're so desperate to kowtow to homophobia that you'll sacrifice patriotism to do so. It's kind of hilarious.

You know that not everyone is american, right ?

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Shershah wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:You know that Russia is rife with anti-American sentiment, correct?

Wait... There are humans who aren't American? I'm really hoping you're joking about that.
speed weed ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )ᕗ

Shershah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Saveyou Island wrote:

You've got to be kidding me. How is supporting people and expressing opinions insane?

Simple, you don't encourage someone who has mental problems, now would you ? you try to help them. I feel like we are just blindfolding ourselves and pretend that it is not an issue.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Shershah wrote:
The Truth and Light wrote:You know that Russia is rife with anti-American sentiment, correct?

You're American. I can smell it a continent away.

Shershah wrote:
Saveyou Island wrote:You've got to be kidding me. How is supporting people and expressing opinions insane?

Simple, you don't encourage someone who has mental problems, now would you ? you try to help them. I feel like we are just blindfolding ourselves and pretend that it is not an issue.

Clearly outlawing mental illness is the way to go.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Shershah wrote:
Saveyou Island wrote:You've got to be kidding me. How is supporting people and expressing opinions insane?

Homosexuality is not considered a mental illness nor does it have any of the qualities of one.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Shershah wrote:

Please provide some evidence that homosexuality is a mental problem.

Especially Dirty Hippies
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Especially Dirty Hippies » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Shershah wrote:

Wait...wait...is this the idea that being LGBT is in and of itself sufficient to be said to have "mental problems"?

"That guy fucks guys."

"Mental problems."

"Yeah, or he could be gay."
In sixteenth-century Europe, the disease of virgins, or green sickness, was seen as a common disorder affecting young unmarried girls. Its symptoms included weakness, dietary disturbance, lack of menstruation and most significantly, a change in skin colour. Understanding of the condition turned puberty and virginity into medical problems, and proposed to cure them by bloodletting, diet, exercise, and marriage. - The Disease of Virgins, a book I saw a promo for while trying to learn how babies are made.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Shershah wrote:

Do you understand what a "mental problem" is?
Anything I posted before 2016 is stupid and should be ignored. That partially includes GA 264.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Arcadonisia wrote:-snip-

It would be stupid of politicians to actually admit to going to the meeting.

Then again, I have not much of a hope for people, especially our senators.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Shershah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Rocopurr wrote:
Shershah wrote:

Homosexuality is not considered a mental illness nor does it have any of the qualities of one.

It was once, before all the liberals and sympathizers went and had it changed.

Especially Dirty Hippies
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Especially Dirty Hippies » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Shershah wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:Homosexuality is not considered a mental illness nor does it have any of the qualities of one.

Using nothing but medical science to do so.

Jerks.
In sixteenth-century Europe, the disease of virgins, or green sickness, was seen as a common disorder affecting young unmarried girls. Its symptoms included weakness, dietary disturbance, lack of menstruation and most significantly, a change in skin colour. Understanding of the condition turned puberty and virginity into medical problems, and proposed to cure them by bloodletting, diet, exercise, and marriage. - The Disease of Virgins, a book I saw a promo for while trying to learn how babies are made.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Shershah wrote:

Wait, so LGBT people have mental problems?

Saveyou Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Shershah wrote:
Rocopurr wrote:Homosexuality is not considered a mental illness nor does it have any of the qualities of one.

No, more like actual studies and research.

Shershah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Especially Dirty Hippies wrote:
Shershah wrote:

Wait...wait...is this the idea that being LGBT is in and of itself sufficient to be said to have "mental problems"?

"That guy fucks guys."

"Mental problems."

Same thing. Although it is nor their fault.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Shershah wrote:

Again spewing bullshit I see.

Just because you disagree it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, snowflake.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Shershah
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shershah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Soldati senza confini wrote:
Shershah wrote:

Again spewing bullshit I see.

Just because you disagree it doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, snowflake.

You don't have to agree. I never implied otherwise.

Caecuser
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Caecuser » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Shershah wrote:

Or it was considered a mental problem by those misinformed, uneducated or simply hateful towards homosexuals.

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Shershah wrote:

Clearly "helping the gays" means treating them like scum.

Rocopurr
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Rocopurr » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Shershah wrote:

By liberals and sympathizes I think you mean people who know something about psychology.

Why would it be considered a mental illness?

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Shershah wrote:

"That guy fucks guys."

"Mental problems."

Same thing. Although it is nor their fault.

Clearly sexual orientation equates to mental ability.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Shershah wrote:

Using nothing but medical science to do so.

Jerks.

And politics, don't forget politics and the CIA planting data on the research.

Saveyou Island
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saveyou Island » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:31 pm

ignore
Last edited by Saveyou Island on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General