NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Browser Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:12 am

@ALL

I realized I forgot to add a way to preview Newspaper Articles. I will correct that in the next release. :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:40 am

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Natanian DRNR wrote:this new update is pretty good. but I think the OPs are a little too bright. you cannot really tell much difference.

I picked a color that is aesthetically pleasing on both light and dark themes. ;)

Is there any way you can make the color customizable? I like the idea, just not the color.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 am

The Regional News seems glitched, i am put the name of the editors i want but it wont worked
Grand Chancellor Xavier Avantia XIV
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
"Those that survive our passing, do so only by our consent."
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill
----------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 am

Imperial Avantia wrote:The Regional News seems glitched, i am put the name of the editors i want but it wont worked

Won't work? Make sure once you add the editor , you save your changes. Even I forget to do that...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 am

Using up-to-date Firefox, if it's of relevance.

As nifty an idea as it is, the highlighted first post thing isn't working properly. If I go to the latest unread post in a thread and that post is not on the first page, then the post at the top of the page becomes highlighted, as do all of the other posts by that user on that page. I don't think that posts by the OP are highlighted on that page, but I haven't checked for certain. This doesn't happen if I simply go to the page not using the unread feature.
Last edited by Tsuntion on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:59 am

Tsuntion wrote:Using up-to-date Firefox, if it's of relevance.

As nifty an idea as it is, the highlighted first post thing isn't working properly. If I go to the latest unread post in a thread and that post is not on the first page, then the post at the top of the page becomes highlighted, as do all of the other posts by that user on that page. I don't think that posts by the OP are highlighted on that page, but I haven't checked for certain. This doesn't happen if I simply go to the page not using the unread feature.

Give me a link to a thread this happens on.

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:28 am

Any; I'll take TET as an example, since there's always new posts. This is the unread link. For me, it goes to page 416, and all posts on that page by Aeken are highlighted.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 am

Tsuntion wrote:Any; I'll take TET as an example, since there's always new posts. This is the unread link. For me, it goes to page 416, and all posts on that page by Aeken are highlighted.

Alright, thanks. I'll release a fix tonight.

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Maybe off-topic.

Afforess, You made switch incredibly faster. *Salute*

DWAsnia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby DWAsnia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Tsuntion wrote:Using up-to-date Firefox, if it's of relevance.

Confirmed on chrome. Clicking on the view newest post button, the first post on the page will be highlighted green.
<Acario> it is Drasnia's job to shit in people's cheerios On a self-imposed forum hiatus.

Zocra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zocra » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:12 pm

I like your highlighting color choice. :)
Last edited by Google Bot today, edited 1 time in total. | I exist for your benefit.

Founder: United Alliances
Timezone: US Eastern

Tlik
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tlik » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Tsuntion wrote:Any; I'll take TET as an example, since there's always new posts. This is the unread link. For me, it goes to page 416, and all posts on that page by Aeken are highlighted.

Alright, thanks. I'll release a fix tonight.

I'm not entirely sure how the extension decides which is the first post, but I've got a feeling it's still broken. It's hard to reproduce perfectly, but if you go to a thread that you haven't read yet, and start in the middle of the thread, the extension can't tell who the OP is, and highlights the first post on the page.

Unless this is the problem Tsuntion was reporting, and you haven't fixed it yet, in which case I'll shut up and let you get on with that.

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:It should be http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank? ... spaper=217

If that still does not work, and I am going to assume it does not, I am pulling down my debug server logs to investigate what is going on.

It works. :)

I still can't post articles though.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Stomalia wrote:
It works. :)

What happens when you try to post?

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Afforess, I have a quote for you.

"The only products for NS I use are made by Afforess; After all, he already has my password."
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Singpu wrote:Afforess, I have a quote for you.

"The only products for NS I use are made by Afforess; After all, he already has my password."

I don't, and ugh. :palm:

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Singpu wrote:Afforess, I have a quote for you.

I don't, and ugh. :palm:

It's a joke, lighten up :hug:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Stomalia wrote:

Well, I still don't see Newspaper controls there and the manage page link you have shown me doesn't have the option of putting articles.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:17 pm

New release, mostly bug fixes.

Version 2.1.3
  • Fixed bugs in Original Post detection
  • Improved BBCode Detection for News Articles
  • Newspaper articles will avoid being placed ontop of each other in order
  • Can preview newspaper articles

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Stomalia wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:

Well, I still don't see Newspaper controls there and the manage page link you have shown me doesn't have the option of putting articles.

You can submit articles here: http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank/ ... article=-1

But can you screenshot this page for me? http://www.nationstates.net/page=blank? ... spaper=217

You should be able to see newspaper controls...

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Zocra wrote:I like your highlighting color choice. :)

Concur, very pleasant with the Dark theme!

Also, I definitely appreciate the preview feature, very helpful when experimenting with BBCode
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 pm

And where would i put in a article, what page will show me all these details
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
Let that be realized. No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.
-Winston Churchill

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Imperial Avantia wrote:And where would i put in a article, what page will show me all these details

There should be a button to submit articles on your main newspaper area.

Imperial Avantia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Avantia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Shadow Afforess wrote:
Imperial Avantia wrote:And where would i put in a article, what page will show me all these details

I see none, i am using this for safari.
"Veni, Vidi, Vici"
-Winston Churchill

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Imperial Avantia wrote:
Shadow Afforess wrote:

I see none, i am using this for safari.

Go to your Safari preferences and make sure extension auto-updates are enabled. Sounds like you are on an old version.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical