NATION

PASSWORD

We can't stop here, this is TET country.

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 am

Lianhua wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:I'm kind of the same way when it comes to RPG's, there's nothing I hate more than when I start one, get into it, then have to take a long break from it. By the time I get back to it, barely remember where I was, what I was going to do, and where I needed to go.

My first RPG, like so many other people, was Final Fantasy VII. I think I was 15 or 16. I'd never played one before, any RPG, and my friend was trying to beat this particularly hard boss. He gave up and, on a whim, I tried it and licked into beating it.

I literally spent the next 34 hours in front of that 19 inch TV in my friends basement completing FF&....and another RPG player was born.

Word. o/ I'm the kind of person who likes to play uninterrupted and finish before I move on to something else. I lock myself in my apartment when I do that. No solicitors!

But Trans,

What if everything you've ever wanted,

CAME

IN

A

ROCKET CAN.

The US tried that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_mail

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:00 am

Lianhua wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:I'm kind of the same way when it comes to RPG's, there's nothing I hate more than when I start one, get into it, then have to take a long break from it. By the time I get back to it, barely remember where I was, what I was going to do, and where I needed to go.

My first RPG, like so many other people, was Final Fantasy VII. I think I was 15 or 16. I'd never played one before, any RPG, and my friend was trying to beat this particularly hard boss. He gave up and, on a whim, I tried it and licked into beating it.

I literally spent the next 34 hours in front of that 19 inch TV in my friends basement completing FF&....and another RPG player was born.

Word. o/ I'm the kind of person who likes to play uninterrupted and finish before I move on to something else. I lock myself in my apartment when I do that. No solicitors!

But Trans,

CAME

IN

A

ROCKET CAN.

It'd have to be one hell of a can.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 am

Lianhua wrote:

I managed to do that with The Last of Us...and it was worth every second.

But Trans,

CAME

IN

A

ROCKET CAN.

:o

But what about me and my blue collar?

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:01 am

Divair wrote:
Lianhua wrote:
Karma for blowing my mind, Div. :p

Actually, I lied. I changed spots ;)

You're a sneaky one, Div. I can respect that. Perhaps it was you walking around the vacant unit on the floor just above mine? Planning and plotting out my ultimate demise? :lol:

Jetan wrote:Good. :p And yes, Paradox does the best grand strategy games, no contest. I have HoI 2 and 3, Darkest Hour, EU 3 and 4, Vic 2 and CK 1 and 2. There's plenty to play there. :lol2:

As to RPG's, that's understandable. They are often best enjoyed by binge gaming too, IMO.

I tried playing Arsenal of Democracy once. All the logistics and number-crunching horrified me. :oops:
21 y.o. Sine-Japanese female from Tokyo, Japan; Song Xingyiquan/Dai Xinyiquan/Xinyi Liuhe Quan. Sister+Lover of Kapao Pango & Nabeshima. <3.

Careful, jack. My patience has limits, unlike my Kung Fuuuuuuuu.. (^~^) - Lian Sifu

Resistance is futile if less than one ohm.
Remember this, and you shall go far.
Taoist-Buddhist; apparently retainer and daughter of Divair and Stern des Meeres, and sister to Aeken.

I love you, -New Sealand-! Why so pretty, Chinese lady? <3 RenaxJiao!
Quotes about me go here, because I still want a sig, tyvm. Also, Esternial
ヽ(^Д^)ノ Bee doo bee doo bee doo! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:03 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Lianhua wrote:

I managed to do that with The Last of Us...and it was worth every second.

But Trans,

CAME

IN

A

ROCKET CAN.

:o

I have FF Tactics Advanced and Fire Emblem 8. I can assure you, those were good games. Small-scale tactics... :lol2:
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:03 am

Transnapastain wrote::o

-wiggles arms-

Turn that every-man into a BEVERYMAN.

THINK FAST, DOUCHE FAG. :rofl:
21 y.o. Sine-Japanese female from Tokyo, Japan; Song Xingyiquan/Dai Xinyiquan/Xinyi Liuhe Quan. Sister+Lover of Kapao Pango & Nabeshima. <3.

Careful, jack. My patience has limits, unlike my Kung Fuuuuuuuu.. (^~^) - Lian Sifu

Taoist-Buddhist; apparently retainer and daughter of Divair and Stern des Meeres, and sister to Aeken.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 am

Lianhua wrote:
Jetan wrote:These days I play alot less than I used to, but when I do it's mostly Grand Strategy games and RPG's. Speaking of visual novels, have you played the Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series games? Those are great.

I don't know a soul here who hasn't played or at least heard of Ace Attorney. :lol: It's huge.

Grand Strategy? Like Paradox?

I do RPG's too, but only when I have a week or more of vacation. I usually don't have the time for long, winding plots anymore. :(

I haven't.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

Lianhua wrote:

-wiggles arms-

-snipe round to the head-

Act faster.
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
4. PDAF can go to hell!

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

Lianhua wrote:

-wiggles arms-

My dear, you disappoint. :P

The correct response was

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:
Lianhua wrote:
-wiggles arms-

-snipe round to the head-

Act faster.

You aren't familiar with Powerthirst, are you? :(

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:06 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Lianhua wrote:
I don't know a soul here who hasn't played or at least heard of Ace Attorney. :lol: It's huge.

Grand Strategy? Like Paradox?

I do RPG's too, but only when I have a week or more of vacation. I usually don't have the time for long, winding plots anymore. :(

I'm kind of the same way when it comes to RPG's, there's nothing I hate more than when I start one, get into it, then have to take a long break from it. By the time I get back to it, barely remember where I was, what I was going to do, and where I needed to go.

Of course! That makes total sense.

If only for the sake of following the storyline. Lawd knows Final Fantasy can get pretty complicated sometimes.

When I got Bioshock Infinite I played it from start to finish in the span of a couple of days, too.

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 am

Transnapastain wrote:
Lianhua wrote:
-wiggles arms-

The correct response was

So I missed one line. -o- Big deal. -3- :lol:

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 am

Lianhua wrote:
Central and Eastern Visayas wrote:-snipe round to the head-

Act faster.

Not really, no. :(

Frakmothering PI.

4. PDAF can go to hell!

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 am

Esternial wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:
I'm kind of the same way when it comes to RPG's, there's nothing I hate more than when I start one, get into it, then have to take a long break from it. By the time I get back to it, barely remember where I was, what I was going to do, and where I needed to go.

Of course! That makes total sense.

If only for the sake of following the storyline. Lawd knows Final Fantasy can get pretty complicated sometimes.

When I got Bioshock Infinite I played it from start to finish in the span of a couple of days, too.

I used to like Final Fantasy. Started with FFVIII. Then I got to X-2, then I figured out that it prooobably isn't the game for a girl like me. :lol2:

Jetan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 07, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Jetan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 am

Lianhua wrote:
Divair wrote:Actually, I lied. I changed spots ;)

You're a sneaky one, Div. I can respect that. Perhaps it was you walking around the vacant unit on the floor just above mine? Planning and plotting out my ultimate demise? :lol:

Jetan wrote:Good. :p And yes, Paradox does the best grand strategy games, no contest. I have HoI 2 and 3, Darkest Hour, EU 3 and 4, Vic 2 and CK 1 and 2. There's plenty to play there. :lol2:

As to RPG's, that's understandable. They are often best enjoyed by binge gaming too, IMO.

I tried playing Arsenal of Democracy once. All the logistics and number-crunching horrified me. :oops:

I haven't tried AoD, because I went with Darkest Hour. They are too similiar to justify having both.
Second Finn, after Imm
........Геть Росію.........
Україна вільна і єдина
From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me.
Beholder's Lair - a hobby blog
32 years old, patriotic Finnish guy interested in history. Hobbies include miniatures, all kinds of games, books, anime and manga.
Always open to TGs. Pro/Against

Ceterum autem censeo Putinem esse delendum

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 am

Lianhua wrote:
Transnapastain wrote:

The correct response was

So I missed one line. -o- Big deal. -3- :lol:

POWERTHIRST IS SRS BUSINESS GURL!!!!!!!!shift+1!!!!!

Transnapastain
Retired Moderator

Postby Transnapastain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:09 am

Lianhua wrote:
Esternial wrote:Of course! That makes total sense.

I used to like Final Fantasy. Started with FFVIII. Then I got to X-2, then I figured out that it prooobably isn't the game for a girl like me. :lol2:

You also played two of the worst Final Fantasy games to be released.

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:09 am

Lianhua wrote:

Not really, no. :(

Frakmothering PI.

Powerthirst
Powerthirst 2

\o Word.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am

Lianhua wrote:You're a sneaky one, Div. I can respect that. Perhaps it was you walking around the vacant unit on the floor just above mine? Planning and plotting out my ultimate demise? :lol:

muhahaha

Lianhua (Ancient)
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lianhua (Ancient) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am

Jetan wrote:
Lianhua wrote:

I haven't tried AoD, because I went with Darkest Hour. They are too similiar to justify having both.

Darkest Hour includes WWI too right?

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am

Lianhua wrote:

That's not your fault. X-2 wasn't particularly good, imo. Maybe I just hate sequels.

I have the full collection :3

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 am

Lianhua wrote:

I'm more of a tactics person, which probably explained why I jumped at Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. :blush:

4. PDAF can go to hell!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 am

Divair wrote:
Lianhua wrote:You're a sneaky one, Div. I can respect that. Perhaps it was you walking around the vacant unit on the floor just above mine? Planning and plotting out my ultimate demise? :lol:

muhahaha

Don't do it, man! I don't want to be the only Asian TETtie right now!

4. PDAF can go to hell!

Shamhnan Insir
Minister

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shamhnan Insir » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 am

Winter is coming, the geese are here! Run for your lives!
Call me Sham

-"Governments may think and say as they like, but force cannot be eliminated, and it is the only real and unanswerable power. We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose." Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of humanity.
Darwinish Brentsylvania wrote:Shamhnan Insir started this wonderful tranquility, ALL PRAISE THE SHEPHERD KING

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 am

Divair wrote:muhahaha

Don't do it, man! I don't want to be the only Asian TETtie right now!

I can plot your demise as well, if you'd like ;)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives