NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates++ | Extension for NationStates

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Afforess » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Grizzleheim wrote:I have my NS++ Settings set so suppressed posts aren't automatically shown.

I've reset my browser, my computer, and uninstalled, and reinstalled the application. For some reason it still thinks I have it set so suppressed posts are automatically shown.

Investigating.

Edit: Issue confirmed. Fix pushed out in 2.1.0.2. Should be available later tonight.
Last edited by Afforess on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of the Interior, Capitalist Paradise

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

German Dragons
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby German Dragons » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Afforess wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Afforess can tell you exactly what data the app is using, but note that Google's permissions descriptions sound a lot more menacing than they really are. They start from the assumption of the worst case scenario. For developers, unless Google has changed something, it's all or nothing when it comes to permissions. If you need to access a certain type of data from forum.nationstates.net, you have to request permission to access all types of data. There's no granularity. So chances are, nothing about it will compromise your security.

It's rather annoying and I wish Google would fix it. Firefox and the other browsers have no such issues.

That clears things up. Thank you.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:46 am

Afforess wrote:
Ainin wrote:I was wondering if it was possible that the clickable formatting tags were included in the regional control screen to edit the WFE.

Good idea, I will include it in the next update. ;)

Speaking of suggestions:

Grenartia wrote:I like how you can stay on the same page gameside when switching puppets. Is there any way you can make it do the same forumside?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maklohi Vai » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Could the successor nation to Afforess, seeing as the original one was deleted, confirm their presence and, if possible, continuation of this project?
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-6.13/-8.51 - as of 7/18
Hosted: MVBT 1; WBC 27; Friendly Cups 7, 9; (co-) NSCAA 5
Former President, WBC; WBC Councillor
Senator Giandomenico Abruzzi, Workers Party of Galatea
Administrator
Former:
Head Administrator
Beto Goncalves, Chair, CTA
Abraham Kamassi, Chair, Labour Party of Elizia
President of Calaverde Eduardo Bustamante; Leader, LDP
President of Baltonia Dovydas Kanarigis; Leader, LDP
President of Aurentina Wulukuno Porunalakai; Leader, Progress Coa.

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:Could the successor nation to Afforess, seeing as the original one was deleted, confirm their presence and, if possible, continuation of this project?

It's being repealed. Long story short, an old account that was given away posted during his forum ban, mods saw it as evading, and deletion of both accounts. It's being handled.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Afforess! :o
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 pm

The situation is being handled.

NS++ work may take a backseat for a while. I don't think anybody can blame him.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Some of you may have noticed that NS++ is gone.

That is because it requires new permissions. Go to your extensions / addons page / whatever its called and allow NS++'s request.

Doing this results in NS++ immediately functioning again.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Dominae » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

What happened to Afforess?
I support peace in Israel and Palestine. The governments and people in power on all sides are an absolute disgrace, and their unwillingness to pursue peace is a disservice to the people they are meant to be serving. The status quo is not simply untenable; it is unquestionably unacceptable.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 pm

It's working for me...
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Singpu
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Singpu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Singpu wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Could the successor nation to Afforess, seeing as the original one was deleted, confirm their presence and, if possible, continuation of this project?

It's being repealed. Long story short, an old account that was given away posted during his forum ban, mods saw it as evading, and deletion of both accounts. It's being handled.
Regnum Dominae wrote:...

What happened to Afforess?

Do you ever even read? Seriously, 3 posts up. For gods sake, READ.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=9230172#p9230172

Singpu wrote...
:o
Utceforp wrote:
Singpu wrote:Utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and go to girls? Also, sorry if my sleeping is off and reading noticeably, eye doctor dialatsted my eyes so...

I'm sorry, but I can't tell what you're saying...

Translation: utceforp, can ezungal go ahead and goto Farla? Also, sorry if my typing and reading is off noticeably, my eye doctor dialated my eyes, so...

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=338724

Liberal|Pro-Capitalism|Pro Homosexual Marriage|

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:44 am

Singpu wrote:

Shit.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:42 am

Glancing over Capitalist Paradise's RMB, I've become concerned about this project. Afforess seems to be fatally insulted by the swift capital punishment against him, and has stated: "... the responses I have seen have caused me to reevaluate my long term plans for NationStates, and I will be de-emphasizing NationStates in my life for the foreseeable future..."

I would like to note that I still admire this project and, if it will be abandoned, please consider releasing the most up-to-date version's source code for the public, so that perhaps another user can tinker with it and modify it's remains for the rest of NationStates. I have already noticed that you do have it available as open source, and again, I admire that, though I'm unsure if it stays up-to-date with each update made available. If this becomes abandoned, I would almost like to learn C++ just for the sake of helping keep a project like this alive. I would hope that it either does not get abandoned or falls into trusted capable hands with good knowledge of C++.

I respect your efforts Afforess, I hope the best comes out of this, and I hope your motivation isn't completely shot due to this unfortunate event. Best of luck.
Last edited by Khanatah on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 am

Was a bit surprised that Affross would have said that, so I tracked that comment down on the RMB

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=4429171

That said, I do get why he would feel that way. Still, it would suck for this project to be lost. Still, best of luck with whatever you decide.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 am

Khanatah wrote:Glancing over Capitalist Paradise's RMB, I've become concerned about this project. Afforess seems to be fatally insulted by the swift capital punishment against him, and has stated: "... the responses I have seen have caused me to reevaluate my long term plans for NationStates, and I will be de-emphasizing NationStates in my life for the foreseeable future..."

I would like to note that I still admire this project and, if it will be abandoned, please consider releasing the most up-to-date version's source code for the public, so that perhaps another user can tinker with it and modify it's remains for the rest of NationStates. I have already noticed that you do have it available as open source, and again, I admire that, though I'm unsure if it stays up-to-date with each update made available. If this becomes abandoned, I would almost like to learn C++ just for the sake of helping keep a project like this alive. I would hope that it either does not get abandoned or falls into trusted capable hands with good knowledge of C++.

I respect your efforts Afforess, I hope the best comes out of this, and I hope your motivation isn't completely shot due to this unfortunate event. Best of luck.

https://github.com/Afforess/NationStatesPlusPlus
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 am

Shizensky wrote:https://github.com/Afforess/NationStatesPlusPlus
Afforess has been polite enough to respond to me, fully answering my inane questions. I'm unsure if he wants to avoid direct quotes or not, so I'm paraphrasing. He's stated that further advancement of the project has not been halted, but may be slowed down due to reflection of his role here in light of these events. The ban was not repealed, and apparently is unlikely to be, so he will be using a new nation as his main from this point on, which he's stated will be Shadow Afforess, which is the nation he contacted me with.

He's stated that any developer or user may contribute to this project freely, and the NS++ source code on Github is constantly up-to-date.

Oh, and the extension is JavaScript, with the server being Java. I admit I only attributed it to C++ due to, well... The ++. I'm somewhat of a fool. JavaScript is definitely a more common language, so I'm glad.

Afforess says he's willing to explain any part of the code if asked.

Also, he will be able to comment for himself tomorrow, the 8th.
Last edited by Khanatah on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 am

Khanatah wrote:I'm unsure if he wants to avoid direct quotes or not, so I'm paraphrasing.

Posting on behalf of forumbanned players is not permitted. We understand that this is a popular app, but Afforess is a player subject to the same rules as anyone else. Don't post on his behalf until the ban is up, at which point he can actually post on his own behalf.

Khanatah
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Khanatah » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Understood, won't happen again.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:43 am

News of my death is premature.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Shadow Afforess
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Afforess » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:04 pm

Discussion moving forward will be here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=269464
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical