NATION

PASSWORD

Lolloh to Sell Colonies! (MT, Open)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Lolloh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Lolloh to Sell Colonies! (MT, Open)

Postby Lolloh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Due to a devastating Civil War, Lolloh has decided to sell its colonies, which it must give up as per treaty. The colonies (three) hold a total of 4 million people, of which 1 million are natives. No one will protest your nation if you follow the rules.

1. Romic is not allowed to auction
2. No dictatorial or oppressive countries may bid
3. Militias are in place, but you must at least announce in this thread that you're sending forces (specify at least number) to occupy them

Starting bid for all 3 islands is $150 billion ($50 billion per colony). Please enter your bids now!
15, Social Democrat, Brony
Population is 135 million, plus 3 million in the colonies
National Army: 400,000 active (500,000 reserve)
Air Force: 100,000 active (200,000 reserve)
Navy: 200,000 active (400,000 reserve)
National Guard: 270,000 (all reserve)
Police Corps: 320,000 (paramilitary)
TOTAL: 2,400,000 (5.2/1000 active,17.8/1000 total)

My Embassy Program
Rainbow Dash is the best Mane 6, so join the Dashery

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm

I protest this as the colonies were already bought by treaty. The player agreed to split the lands.
Last edited by Romic on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 pm

$200 Billion for all three
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

CHUCK N0RRIS
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby CHUCK N0RRIS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 pm

Could you provide some information about the colonies you are selling, such as its natural resources and geographic features? And could you explain the reason for barring Romic from participating in the auction?
Last edited by CHUCK N0RRIS on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a fakeChuck Norris account.

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:50 pm

CHUCK N0RRIS wrote:Could you provide some information about the colonies you are selling, such as its natural resources and geographic features? And could you explain the reason for barring Romic from participating in the auction?

OK, here's a bit of detail:

Colony: New Lolloh

New Lolloh is a part of an island, tropical, with a population of about 3 million, including 800.000 natives. Its primary exports are raw rubber, tropical fruits, and various fish. Think New Guinea, but with US-level infrastructure. However, the island is having political problems. In recent months, a far-right national liberation movement of about 15.000 has been fighting pro-government militia and troops for control of the colony. You would have to contend with a fairly large guerrilla insurgency if you bought the islands.

Colony: Lollohian Vokolyia

This is actually a chain of about 6 islands. All 6 islands have rich, fertile soil, and are very good for farming. It has a total population of 300.000 people, none of them natives as the islands were previously uninhabited. Its primary exports are grain-type crops and fish. Think the Falkland Islands, but larger and with US Midwestern soil. There is also a national liberation movement, though it is significantly smaller, at 3.000 people, and less effective due to a lack of areas where they can hide. Clashes with pro-government militia usually end with government victories.

Colony: New Tyvar

The most recent of Lolloh's colonies. This chip of island has 700.000 people on it, including 400.000 natives. Its primary exports are fish, though the economy's a bit shaky since the colony is in its infancy. It's climate is similar to New Lolloh's. Since the colony is so new, no armed opposition has been levied against it, though the government is still trying to establish relations with the native people. If you take over this colony, you'd have to pacify a large native populace.

Why is Romic bared from buying?

Simple: He's trying to buy up my country, and I don't like it. Further, I can do anything I want with my islands, nuke them if I want. Also,
Romic: It isn't a treaty violation. If you have a treaty with a country, and then that country is overrun (as would technically be the case with Imperium Reich), then that treaty (or clause of that treaty, for that matter), would be void. If you give someone 20 bucks to a guy with nothing, and then he goes and spends the money at a restaurant, eats the food, and dies, you wouldn't expect to get your 20 bucks back, would you?

My Embassy Program

Tcharnayask
Secretary

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tcharnayask » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:06 pm

I'll offer 300 billions for all colonies

Rednax
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rednax » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:06 pm

The Empire of Rednax will gladly offer 150 billion Credits (or the equivalent of this amount in your nation's currency), for the Lollohian Vokolyia Island Chain.

We will look for a more peaceful way to deal with trouble makers.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:32 am

500 billion and they will each be federal states
Last edited by Kalaspia-Shimarata on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kalaspia-Shimarata's flag represents the Union between K&S. The dark blue represents the sea and the light blue represents the sky. In Kalashi language considers light blue and dark blue to be different colours. England colonised, and unified K&S, between 1774 and 1953, and English, light blue and dark blue are considered to be the same colour. Therefore, the contrast between dark blue and light blue represents the union, but the differences between K&S where as blue being two but simultaneously one colour represents K&S being two, but simultaniously one entity. The opposite to the symmetry represents the unity and indipendance of K&S, whilst also representing the Kalashi culture of opposite symmetry.KS is 75% Christian, hence the cross.

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:36 am

600 Billion for all colonies!
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

Candentia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Candentia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:42 am

Are there any natural resources in these colonies?
My armed forces stand ready to occupy.
Last edited by Candentia on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.08

The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

750 billion for all colonies....

we are not even an opressive nation. and the citizens of these colonies will prosper under our rule untill finally we let them go....
Founder of the QUIDDITCH UNITED WORLD CUP
Host of the Aslan Cup I 2013-Cair Paravel (organised by The Council of Narnia)

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:15 am

OOC: Guys, make sure that your nation has the capability to offer hundreds of billions for three colonies. If you don't, your nation would (ICly) face varieties of consequences from paying such a high price. Not trying to be a dictator, but I just like to see things be done with at least some realism, especially if the trillion barrier is broken.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 am

The Republic of Vectors is willing to offer 800 billion dollars from our defence budjet alone, with another 100 billion coming from our social budjet. We are willing to offer such high numbers due to the military potential of far away colonies and the exta income tax that would help subsidize the devellopment there.
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 11, 2012

Postby The United Kingdoms of Zackalantis » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 am

875 billion.
from Her Majesty's Emergency Reserve
Founder of the QUIDDITCH UNITED WORLD CUP
Host of the Aslan Cup I 2013-Cair Paravel (organised by The Council of Narnia)

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 am

The Empire of Common Territories would usually not participate in such actions. OOC speaking, it's not really my desire to join in the wank off of cash threads. Regardless, your description of the islands and the opportunity have swayed me a bit on at least making an offer on two of the islands with a detailed explanation what would happen to them if TECT does win control.

Anyways; the TECT government has prepared an offer of two hundred billion NSD for Lollohian Vokolyia and New Tyvar. These two colonies interest TECT because of our desire for farming lands (which would profit greatly under our economy) and the fact they are similar in ideology (conservative to moderate). So, we are generously offering one hundred billion for each island. We are not interested in your first colony because it is not worth our time to deal with a civil war, whether we could deal with it fast or not. Regardless, TECT would easily make peace with the local citizens along with natives.

Lollohian Vokolyia: This colony would profit under TECT rule. Although the nation itself is nationally conservative, we do not fight tooth an nail against other ideologies (except the real extremes). This colony, under TECT rule, would profit greatly under the TECT economy -- which has high demand for agriculture and foods. Under TECT national government, this colony would need to go through a short term government/military domination to evaluate and gain full understanding of the territory. In the meantime, new elections of public offices will be held; under the Empire's laws, this land should be fine to become an Imperial State (similar to federal state). in accordance with protection and safety, TECT will build military instillation and deploy military forces to protect the territory; something around 20,000 to 30,000 could be deployed. TECT will of course also be changing things a lot within the colony but not to negative affects of citizens. Under TECT law, militias are legal to the point that they do not threaten the government with actual force and are in place to defend members; internal fighting in the country (against other citizens) will not be permitted and those found performing war acts will be either arrested or killed if they resist with violence.

New Tyvar: Under TECT, this land will become an Imperial State after its mandatory observation period. Much of the same that was explained above will happen here as well. Economic opportunity is of course great here being so raw in development. The government will be the same as above, until new elections for public office of course. Military deployments will be around the same to a maximum of 50,000. And TECT would be sure to pacify and remain in full contact with native peoples. It is hoped that all colonists (this colony and above) embrace Commoner citizenship and the new opportunities they are given, if under our rule of course.

And that is my offer, in basic context.

OCC: This is just a message. I wont be upping the offer like..... others. I will not be throwing cash uselessly but I am open to negotiations of course. Spending near the amount of many people are spending is asinine and my offer is realistic, generous, and very reasonable. You can take my offer or not Lolloh, it will not hurt me either way if you choose mine or one of these.... meh people.
Last edited by Common Territories on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchland-UK-Prussia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dutchland-UK-Prussia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am

The United Kingdom of Dutchland-UK-Prussia bids 980 Billion for all of the colonies.
1 (Nuclear war)
2 (Total war)
3 (Major war)
4 (Minor war)
5 (Conflict)
6 (Peace) <---
None.

Dree wrote:Perhaps the fat man from the north pole and his vertically challenged cronies are behind such an assassination attempt. But truthfully my spy networks have heard nothing.

Eurostine
Envoy

Founded: Dec 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurostine » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 pm

The Eurostini Government has calculated the current amount of money in the Eurostini Bank Reserves that are eligible for use, and we are raising the bid to

990,000,000,000 Nationstates Dollars. (990 Billion)
Proud Member of the CotAB!

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:01 pm

200 billion

Lolloh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lolloh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Eurostine's bid is vetoed due to his previous attempt at colonizing Lolloh and threatening to nuke my country if he lost a dozen sailors.

Due to it being higher than others, the auction for Lollohian Vokolyia and New Tyvar is CLOSED. They are sold to the Common Territories for $100 billion each.

OOC I'm impressed also by your eloquence. I wish that there was a thumps up emoticon.

Concluding, I am giving the United Kingdom of Dutchland-UK-Prussia ownership of New Lolloh for $325 billion (about a third). This bid is also CLOSED.

Thank for your bidding and time! My colonies are now sold off. Happy joys to you purchasers! And be happy as well, not-purchasers! You can just invade and get it for a tidy profit of $0.00!

My Embassy Program

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Lolloh wrote:Due to a devastating Civil War, Lolloh has decided to sell its colonies, which it must give up as per treaty. The colonies (three) hold a total of 4 million people, of which 1 million are natives. No one will protest your nation if you follow the rules.

1. Romic is not allowed to auction
2. No dictatorial or oppressive countries may bid
3. Militias are in place, but you must at least announce in this thread that you're sending forces (specify at least number) to occupy them

Starting bid for all 3 islands is $150 billion ($50 billion per colony). Please enter your bids now!

Because i'm your ally and I like you, I am offering you $400,000,000,000 NSD, along with support in your occupation.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Stomalia wrote:Because i'm your ally and I like you, I am offering you $400,000,000,000 NSD, along with support in your occupation.

Bidding has already ended.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Pavonistade wrote:
Stomalia wrote:Because i'm your ally and I like you, I am offering you $400,000,000,000 NSD, along with support in your occupation.

Bidding has already ended.

1. Are you sure?
2. Who won?

Stomalia
Minister

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stomalia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:21 am

Lolloh wrote:Eurostine's bid is vetoed due to his previous attempt at colonizing Lolloh and threatening to nuke my country if he lost a dozen sailors.

Due to it being higher than others, the auction for Lollohian Vokolyia and New Tyvar is CLOSED. They are sold to the Common Territories for $100 billion each.

OOC I'm impressed also by your eloquence. I wish that there was a thumps up emoticon.

Concluding, I am giving the United Kingdom of Dutchland-UK-Prussia ownership of New Lolloh for $325 billion (about a third). This bid is also CLOSED.

Thank for your bidding and time! My colonies are now sold off. Happy joys to you purchasers! And be happy as well, not-purchasers! You can just invade and get it for a tidy profit of $0.00!

Didin't see this.
I am fluent in English and semi-fluent in Spanish. I want to learn French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Russian.

Kalaspia-Shimarata
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalaspia-Shimarata » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:55 am

Stomalia wrote:
Lolloh wrote:Eurostine's bid is vetoed due to his previous attempt at colonizing Lolloh and threatening to nuke my country if he lost a dozen sailors.

Didin't see this.

He/she really needs to update the Title...

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade