NATION

PASSWORD

Excalibur Squadron OOC Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Len Hyet wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Of Inglourious Basterds.

What exactly did you think this is?

Granted.

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:
Len Hyet wrote:What exactly did you think this is?

If you actually look at the subtext of Inglorious Basterds, we are kinda similar, but the conclusions drawn are a bit different.

I apologize that the natives haven't been very helpful to you, Gren. Here's the deal:

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:technically its JAN 41

It's New Year's Eve, 1940. So it really does depend on what hour it is, at this point. It's not a big deal.
So Gren, here's a rough overview:

So far, Excalibur's got five successful operations under our belt: Lancer (rescuing a high-ranking Polish POW), Falkland (destroying a German battleship/technically invading Uruguay), Guillotine (taking part in Operation Dynamo/destroying a German spy ring in Paris trying to steal the entire French Navy), Mordred (foiling a German attempt to kidnap/kill Churchill), Cambyses (travelling to Egypt to locate and neutralize a long-lost Zeppelin wreck filled with unique, highly experimental and dangerous nerve gas)...and one failure: Taurus, an operation to stop a German invasion of Gibraltar via a secret deal with Spain.

Taurus backfired in a big way, in that while there never was a German invasion force for Excalibur to track down and destroy before they could deploy (via blowing up the train tunnels on the Franco-Spanish border), there were a shitload of Spanish Army forces and SS troopers lined up on the border, seemingly working together to catch Excalibur in a vise on the borderline. The squadron escaped with near-crippling casualties: seven MIAs (which I can spoil for you equal out to three KIA and four captured). It went so very bad that the common explanation for it is that someone set us up, but that particular situation's confused right now. This hasn't been helped in that at least one of the squadron members has been behaving rather oddly in recent days (that's Samantha).

So, in a last ditch effort to prevent Excalibur from being deactivated due to catastrophic losses and possible enemy subversion, the SOe picked up on some strange transmissions that may indicate that several MIA Excaliburs are alive - as well as where they might be held. We've just gotten back from a raid on one of these transmitting outposts with bags full of comms records and a German officer willing to talk. That's where we're at right now, roughly.

Any further clarifying questions are welcome.
See Len, this is how you do this.

Kassaran wrote:WHY ISNT ANYONE TALKING??!?!?!?!?!
*le sigh* So many Slow RP's that I am a part of right now, I just want a nice fast-paced one.

Some of us are employed or have school or both or are otherwise productively engaged.
Sorry.

I see. Thanks.

I'll have the app posted within an hour.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:49 pm

The balkens wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:where is he.

Interrogation observation room, about to step out.

Matts in the hallway if you want to start.
Last edited by United Kingdom of Poland on Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56 pm

*comes back*

Oh hi everyone, I'm back from wo-*stops and looks*

Oh....what's this? Some new blood? OH BOY!

Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Monfrox wrote:*comes back*

Oh gawd, dat picture.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Monfrox wrote:*comes back*

Oh gawd, dat picture.

What's wrong, Kass?

Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Kassaran wrote:
Oh gawd, dat picture.

What's wrong, Kass?

jesus, mon knock it off your going to scare the new guy away

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:09 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Monfrox wrote:What's wrong, Kass?

Okay...

*sits in corner and thinks*

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Monfrox wrote:What's wrong, Kass?

It's going to take more than just that girl to scare me off!
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Kassaran wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:jesus, mon knock it off your going to scare the new guy away

It's going to take more than just that girl to scare me off!

Wasn't talking about you, smart one.

Achievement

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Name: Jimmy Thibodeaux

Physical Description/Picture:

Country of Origin: United States of America

Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY): Fought in an Eagle Squadron during the Battle of Britain (racking up 2 kills); extensive flight experience as an Air Mail pilot (and experience as a barnstormer).

Ground Combat Experience: None

Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.): Speaks fluent English (duh) and French (ICly, because he's from Louisiana, but don't expect me to post in French OOCly, because I only know 5 phrases at most, and can't type any of them). Excellent ability to think outside the box. Skilled at aerobatics, due to moonlighting as a barnstormer during his days flying the Air Mail.

Weapons of Choice: Winchester Model 12, M1911A1 pistol, and a Louisville Slugger.

RP Experience: a Second Civil War RP on F7 a few years ago (which was since DEAT by autoprune), and Ionian Knight's Bionicle RP (which is effectively dead due to inactivity)

Personal History/Bio (more than one line please):

Born in 1910 in Hammond, Louisiana, Jimmy was the son of two farmers. After Lucky Lindy flew across the Atlantic in 1927, he became interested in flying, and took lessons, and became an Air Mail pilot in 1929. As time went on, however, Jimmy became discontented with simply delivering the mail, and in 1939, seeing the trouble brewing in Europe, made his way across the pond to join an Eagle Squadron. After the Battle of Britain, he requested a transfer to Excaliber Squadron.

EDIT:
Monfrox wrote:
Kassaran wrote:It's going to take more than just that girl to scare me off!

I lived through Hurricane Katrina. Its going to take a lot more than a girl with an ax to scare me away. :p

Also, I just realized that this RP is basically a cross between Blazing Angels and Inglourious Basterds.
Last edited by Grenartia on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

*hugs Gren*

He passes my test! Now as long as he doesn't encroach on my territory.... *eyes Kass* ....then he'll be fine with me!

Achievement

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Grenartia wrote:Name: Jimmy Thibodeaux

Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY): No flight combat experience, though extensive flight experience as an Air Mail pilot.

Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.): Speaks fluent English (duh) and French (ICly, because he's from Louisiana, but don't expect me to post in French OOCly, because I only know 5 phrases at most, and can't type any of them). Excellent ability to think outside the box.

Weapons of Choice: Winchester Model 12, M1911A1 pistol, and a Louisville Slugger.

RP Experience: a Second Civil War RP on F7 a few years ago (which was since DEAT by autoprune), and Ionian Knight's Bionicle RP (which is effectively dead due to inactivity)

Born in 1910 in Hammond, Louisiana, Jimmy was the son of two farmers. After Lucky Lindy flew across the Atlantic in 1927, he became interested in flying, and took lessons, and became an Air Mail pilot in 1929. As time went on, however, Jimmy became discontented with simply delivering the mail, and in 1940, seeing the trouble brewing in Britain, made his way across the pond to join the fight.

Monfrox wrote:Wasn't talking about you, smart one.

I lived through Hurricane Katrina. Its going to take a lot more than a girl with an ax to scare me away. :p

Also, I just realized that this RP is basically a cross between Blazing Angels and Inglourious Basterds.

um you might want to work on the bio a little and find some way of adding combat experience. Check with tiger on the bat

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Kassaran wrote:It's going to take more than just that girl to scare me off!

Mon, leave the new guys alone. You can collect someone elses teeth on NSG.

Gren survived Katrina. This makes him more badass then all of us. Even kour.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:BALK
WHAT ARE YOU DOING
BALK
STAHP

WE'RE ASKING FOR YOUR GUYS' INPUT, DAMMIT
SERIOUSLY, BRANCHING PLOTLINE OPPORTUNITY HERE AND EVERYTHING

Attack South Africa. Bomb Durban. Especially the northern bit, if you could.

I certainly don't have a grudge against South Africa as a whole or Durban in particular.

You should bomb South Africa.

Look at it. Just look at your map, and look down into the Southern Hemisphere. It's a very bomb-able country. It's basically begging to be bombed. Bombs would be excellent décor.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:28 pm

The balkens wrote:

Bu-bu-bu-bu-but I'm supposed to be the crazy stalker in this thread! There isn't room for two, you know!

Achievement

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 pm

Monfrox wrote:*hugs Gren*

He passes my test! Now as long as he doesn't encroach on my territory.... *eyes Kass* ....then he'll be fine with me!

Well, I'm not a he, and I don't even know Kass, so... I don't think you have much to worry about. :p

Flight/Flight Combat Experience (MANDATORY): No flight combat experience, though extensive flight experience as an Air Mail pilot.

Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.): Speaks fluent English (duh) and French (ICly, because he's from Louisiana, but don't expect me to post in French OOCly, because I only know 5 phrases at most, and can't type any of them). Excellent ability to think outside the box.

Born in 1910 in Hammond, Louisiana, Jimmy was the son of two farmers. After Lucky Lindy flew across the Atlantic in 1927, he became interested in flying, and took lessons, and became an Air Mail pilot in 1929. As time went on, however, Jimmy became discontented with simply delivering the mail, and in 1940, seeing the trouble brewing in Britain, made his way across the pond to join the fight.

um you might want to work on the bio a little and find some way of adding combat experience. Check with tiger on the bat

Not quite sure how I can give Jimmy combat experience...

The balkens wrote:

Meh, too many fascists on NSG nowadays. I figured, why debate real fascists (which quickly becomes an exercise in futility) when I can kill fictional ones?

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Monfrox wrote:*hugs Gren*

Well, I'm not a he, and I don't even know Kass, so... I don't think you have much to worry about. :p

*blush*

Achievement

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:32 pm

The balkens wrote:

Has Gren survived India and South Africa? I think not. *moves Gren to the side*

Speaking of which, hey Gren, how are you?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:34 pm

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:

Bu-bu-bu-bu-but I'm supposed to be the crazy stalker in this thread! There isn't room for two, you know!

Mon, mon, mon. Youre the craziest stalker in this part of NS. By a long shot.

Buuuuuut....sometimes you need competition in order to improve on yourself. Not that's there's anything wrong with being a psycho with an ax.

I'm a psycho with two 13mm pistols with an affection for cats and puppies.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Specialties (air or ground - communications, demolitions, disguises, languages, etc.): Speaks fluent English (duh) and French (ICly, because he's from Louisiana, but don't expect me to post in French OOCly, because I only know 5 phrases at most, and can't type any of them). Excellent ability to think outside the box. Skilled at aerobatics, due to moonlighting as a barnstormer during his days flying the Air Mail.

EDIT:

Oh, it involves many, many more things that that, but I suppose those are major parts of its DNA.
As to the rest of the app:
1. IT'S RYAN! :lol:
2. Should probably switch Sergeant to Flight Sergeant.
3. ...Perhaps the backstory could use some work. As it stands, Jimmy would be an excellent candidate for a normal RAF squadron, after a considerable period of combat training. With Excalibur, it's kind of expected you've been in combat before, or at least have combat training.
The war's been going for a solid 16 months, now, so you could work in that he's transferring from another RAF group that saw combat through the summer - or that he served with the Lincoln Brigade in Spain, or fought in China/the Chaco as a mercenary, or something like that.
Other than that, looks all right.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

The balkens wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Bu-bu-bu-bu-but I'm supposed to be the crazy stalker in this thread! There isn't room for two, you know!

Mon, mon, mon. Youre the craziest stalker in this part of NS. By a long shot.

Buuuuuut....sometimes you need competition in order to improve on yourself. Not that's there's anything wrong with being a psycho with an ax.

I'm a psycho with two 13mm pistols with an affection for cats and puppies.

It's gonna be hard to balance being crazy yandere more than Kass and not going overboard at the same time...

Achievement

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:38 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:

EDIT:

Oh, it involves many, many more things that that, but I suppose those are major parts of its DNA.
3. ...Perhaps the backstory could use some work. As it stands, Jimmy would be an excellent candidate for a normal RAF squadron, after a considerable period of combat training. With Excalibur, it's kind of expected you've been in combat before, or at least have combat training.
The war's been going for a solid 16 months, now, so you could work in that he's transferring from another RAF group that saw combat through the summer - or that he served with the Lincoln Brigade in Spain, or fought in China/the Chaco as a mercenary, or something like that.

Sure, I'll make some changes. Also, Ryan?

The balkens wrote:

Been better, been worse, got forced to apologize to Ruth and Haskel, you know.

Also, in all fairness, Night, you're a thousand times more badass than me.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Grenartia wrote:
The Tiger Kingdom wrote:Oh, it involves many, many more things that that, but I suppose those are major parts of its DNA.

Sure, I'll make some changes. Also, Ryan?

From the American version of the Office!
...Which I used to love, before it got all shitty around Season 5.
But anyway, it's the same actor.
Grenartia wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Has Gren survived India and South Africa? I think not. *moves Gren to the side*

Been better, been worse, got forced to apologize to Ruth and Haskel, you know.

Also, in all fairness, Night, you're a thousand times more badass than me.

Don't overpraise the man.
I'll see what I can do about South Africa, by the way.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 pm

The balkens wrote:

South Africa?

Just saw Anthony bourdains show on that. Mighty interesting.

The balkens
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

10000 posts!

Postby The balkens » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Happy 10000 posts!!

The greatest fucking RP on the internet grows!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse