NATION

PASSWORD

List of unique region ideas (updated 2020/1/20)

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

List of unique region ideas (updated 2020/1/20)

Postby Communist Eraser » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 pm

I was once known to have the wackiest region idea and trying them out was one reasons I play the game. So for posterity and ability to claim 'I thought of it first', here is the full list of interesting ideas which had popped into my mind or have once read and thought to be worth recording. Feel free to adopt them when you make making your next region! Also suggest your own, the crazier the better, and I'll add them to the list.

Warzones: Make a Warzone into a real region and dramatically report events happening in the warzones as a legitimately exciting sub game.

Peacezone Theory (Communist Eraser (Codger), originating from an idea by COE): Peacezone Theory seeks the elimination of all forms of institutional authority, enabling individual nations/players to exercise their free will on equal ground without undue influence. The Four Principles of Peacezone Theory outlines the details.

Key principles are:
*No ejections, banning or suppression unless it is a threat to the application of Peacezone Theory
*The WFE will be neutral, showing no bias to many player or group. Instead it will link to informational pages that presents all players and groups.
*Founders and delegates should only be seen as operators of game-mechanic tools and not be not be politically active
*Delegates should either not vote in WA resolutions at all, or alternatively apply the rotational delegate system system (see below). A similar policy applies to embassies. The aim is to allow ensure delegate privileges are a shared resource, where 'everyone is a delegate'.

Internationalism: The idea that 'regions' are a menace that shouldn't exist and we should all instead see ourselves as Global Citizens of the game forums as the only forum that represents all of Nationstates. This is cosmopolitanism at its most extreme. Want to discuss the WA, go to the WA forum. Gameplay? gameplay forum, RP? There are plenty of RP forums. A key feature is that every post on the RMB should only link to a post you've made in the game forums. Under Internationalism is no more 'foreign influence', for there are no longer any foreigners.

Single Universe Theory: Everything in NS (Gameplay, WA, RP, Issues) exists in a single universe, each effecting each other. If you are a WA member, then WA resolutions impact on how you RP, whether you are complying or not. You must keep WA resolutions in mind when answering issues, noting whether you are complying or defying. You must RP similarly to your nation's description. How you run your nation becomes a consideration in Gameplay, including whether you should be delegate or some other position in the regional government - e.g. One might be a wary of a 'corrupt dictatorship' as delegate.

One attempt was by the Lords of Araylia who had the "goal of dissolving the borders between role-play and game-play. We do this by awarding players who accomplish gameplay "Feats" with areas on our map, which can be subdivided among other players if the owner so chooses."

Project Chameleon: A region which votes whether to adopt another region's constitution and/or laws completely every 6 months. At the end of the period, the assembly reconvenes and decides whether to continue using that region's rules for another 6 months, or instead adopt a different regions. e.g. The region might completely adopt TSP's laws for 6 months, and renew it for another 6 months, but after that people might be sick of it and instead adopt Balder's laws instead for the next 6 months.

TRR Re-education Camp (discussed with Fratt :twisted: ): TRR has traditionally sided with ejectees, welcoming them and offering them a 2nd chance in their region. This is terrible, wrong and rewards bad behaviour. Those nations were ejected for a reason and TRR has a moral responsibility to re-educate them so they would repent for the errors of their ways, so they'll be ready to join another region again.

A fuller description of the "plan" could be found from my post on TRR forums:

Redefining defending as "historical preservation" rather than "native rights": Create a defender region whose main purpose is to defend the region's right to existence, as opposed to any concern to the nations within. Any region that is created shall be defended from ever CTEing. We consider the most important thing to be the preservation an unbroken chain of RMBs and regional history that would all be lost if a region was refounded. We will be a defender organisation that considers it more worthy to maintain a 200 page RMB that sees the beginning, rise, apex and fall of a region into obscurity, rather than support a refound, even if it's arguably better for the native's security. We'll be the mortal enemies of the New TAO Order.

Solidarity voting: The activity tab and the api allows us to conveniently know which way your fellow nations are voting in the WA. My idea is to require all nations (or at least endorsers) in the region to be voting the same way at the end of the voting period in the spirit of regional solidarity. Nations voting against the majority of the region will be recorded and purged as counter-revolutionaries if this reactionary behaviour was shown several times.

RP region based on 'canon' NS lore (Bigtopia region!): Issues provide a large number of stories together form the 'official' RP lore/story line of the game. It is supported by some recurring elements which as the Bigtopians, Maxtopians, the Order of Violet etc. Even the concept of nations that literally moved by a fleet of black helicopters.

My idea is create a RP region using that lore as a starting point. Maybe someone creating episodes of "Bigtopians say the darnest things?" Expand the motivations and story of the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters?

NS Private Investigators (by Crumlark): From their region thread - "Basically, it tries to identify those who are circumventing regional rules, providing proof and evidence that the rules are being broken, and handing the case files to those who asked for the investigation. This can be used by other regions as an 'impartial third party' to make judgements on whether or not regional rules are being broken, especially if a regional population doesn't trust its administration to be carrying out investigation fairly."

Poll Raiding: This is a new alternative form of raiding where the aim is to manipulate the outcome of polls. This includes vote piling for a preferred outcome, or poll balancing to make all options equal. Poll raiding is in some ways more challenging than region raiding, especially if your goal is to manipulate outcomes without having a trace. Further information can be found here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p19212179

See The Pollaetorian Guard for an unique take of the idea. Likens the use of polls to mob rule and take over polls for "righteous" reasons as an educated elite enlightening the masses.

Rotational delegate voting: Rotational delegate seeks to be a more participatory alternative to the 'majority voting' system used by most regions. Under this system, nations/endorsers are randomly assigned to be a 'defacto delegate' for a certain period or vote. People are allowed to trade their assignment rights with other nations.

One benefit is that everyone gets a chance to be 'delegate', deciding where the bonus delegate votes go. It also increases participation by allowing everyone else a chance to experience the vote lobbying game, since the nation to be lobbied/nation deciding the vote is different each time. There is also increased participation from trading delegate assignment rights, because some nations might really want to decide a particular vote while the assignee might want a different one. Leading on from above, this system allows minorities to have a say - nations who would otherwise be out voted on in a majority voting system could still have their way if they managed to be the assignee for a particular vote.

Noting the logistical issues with rotational delegate voting, it might be better if delegate elections are kept as normal (and the delegate being allowed to do whatever they like), but everyone simply receives 2 vetos per month that they save or use to override the delegate. So that when an issue really important to one person comes up (e.g. A resolution on abortion in the General Assembly), they can use the veto to force the region vote a particular way, whereas in simple majority voting it would never happen. The limited number of vetos mades the person has to consider whether it is worth it to use.

Alternative/complementary government coexisting in a GCR: A group of players living in a GCR, but existing of joining the existing GCR government decide to form their own. Creates their own forums, newsletters, embassy threads and laws. Does not directly seek to challenge the ruling GCR government, except use the RMB for the occasional announcement like everything else - they just want to be allowed to do their own thing. TRR (since you can't be ejected) and TWP (a certain openness in their culture imo) are probably the most plausible regions for this to work. The experiment would be for fun and also partly a test of the region's true extent of openness, tolerance and nativeness.

Taking endorsements personally: Ever thought back when you first joined the game and you feel special that you received an endorsement? That is before you realised it wasn't personal. I want keep the magic alive. I will treat every nation that endorses me and a real, actual endorsement of me as a person where I will send them regular updates of my thoughts on issues/WA/gameplay/regional events etc. I expect many of them will then unendorse me, but what is left would be genuine, legitimate nation to nation diplomacy.

The Global Democracy (First suggested by New Charl): A NS-wide pro democracy lobby group whose goal is to turn all regions to democracy. Or at least that's the rhetoric for a theme and roleplay. Practically, they will be observers sent to review the variety of governments peoples have conjured in NS and provide commentary on them. A more in-depth featured region with a pro democracy bent. I'll be interesting to learn more about the different styles of governance people have built up from this simple game.

Plutocracy: Rule by the rich, this would the ultimate exclusive region where people who have paid for site supporter or higher are given extra rights. There are many variations of plutocracy, with some excluding non-paying users from joining at all, while others might allow them to participate with limited rights. Some might choose to give bonus votes in the legislature to site supporters, or restrict standing for government positions only for site supporters. There could also be further class sub divisions, with Postmasters and Postmaster-Generals given more power than regular site supporters.

Stamps donated by player could also be used, by the same principle that those provide the most wealth should possess the most benefits.

Classless Society by The Internationale: Quoted below

NationStates communities frequently divide themselves into several class-like stratifications, with the concept of "citizenship" reserved for members who have resided in the region for a legislatively prescribed period of time, who have registered and submitted an application on an off-site forum, or both. These barriers to citizenship and enfranchisement deprive casual regional residents of political power. Impediments to political freedoms such as this create a divide in the regions that institute them: enfranchised versus the disenfranchised

Instead, The Internationale will continue the implementation of its own solution: all matters up for the regional vote are maintained in a single dispatch that is kept pinned to the regional World Factbook entry. The use of a single dispatch for this allows comrade members to bookmark this dispatch to check for new matters up for the vote. As new votes are added and old ballots end, results of previous votes are moved into a separate dispatch, with announcements of the results and a brief introduction of new matters up for the vote posted to the regional message board. Votes on items of special interest, such as the forum question or elections for Comrade WA Delegate, will also be announced through regional telegrams to ensure maximum participation.

By implementing this solution, The Internationale keeps the activity of its members focused on-site, rather than building two separate communities between the inhabitants of the gameside region and the elite users of an off-site forum. Rather than being a shoutbox for mindless comments, the regional message board instead becomes the hub of regional activity and camaraderie.

Full article here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p23521647

"Peter Panning" Update Surfers: Just like Peter Pan, we are nations who never want to grow up! This will be an organisation of committed update surfers, jumping from a late updating jump point to a region at has already updated such that the nation does not register a population increase that update. The aim to keep the lowest population possible with the requirement that it has to be below the 'normal' population of a 60 day old nation, showing that your (older) nation has a smaller population than a newly created nation who CTEd.

Six Powers Confederation: Instead of having one regional government that governs control all 6 regional powers, there should be a loose confederation of six regional governments that each only control 1 regional power. Each of those 'governments' can develop their own culture and constitution to determine how they want to elect the 'delegate' of that regional power. We'll have a WA Voting Delegate, Appearance Delegate, Communications Delegate, Border Control Delegate, Embassies Delegate, Polls Delegate. They can engage in foreign relations with the other governments if they want to coordinate the use of the regional powers together.

This addresses the main 'flaw' from Peacezone Theory, that government and players within in need to hold some sort of institutional power that provides a purpose to exist.

- At some future point in time, top 5/6 most WA endorsements excluding the Game-Executive Delegate shall form the initial Confederation of the Six (or Five, depending on whether Border Control is delegated). Starting at the top each could pick the one power they want.

- The initial Five/Six Powers Delegates can decide whether claim the power for themselves as a dictator, or further delegate it by building a democratic government to determine how that power should be elected.

- The transition has to happen gradually, releasing one power at a time, for each of the Five/Six Powers Delegates can have time to find their feet and establish thier own presence. The populace also needs to be slowly introduced to the Confederation of the Six as they have been indoctrinated by the One Regional Government ideology thus far and it needs some adjustment. At the moment "Polls Delegate" is released, so the others are still up for grabs for those who can reach the most endorsements when the next release happens.

- If the power is to be claimed dictatorially, then I think there should be a fail safe clause where they have to remain in the top 5/6 endorsements. This means keeping your WA locked, so democracy has its advantages!

- If the power is claimed democratically, then the Powers Delegate with the selected power can then be passed down via the democratic process developed.

- As mentioned earlier, each of the Powers Delegate or their governments might want to form treaties so they work together. Or they might want to go rogue, powerplay etc. That's the fun!

- The Game Mechanic Executive Delegate exists only to safeguard the system, facilitate the passing down of Powers Delegates among those that have made democratic processes, and to vote the way the "WA Voting Delegate" votes.

Centrally Planned Regional Economy: The region will make a 5 year plan...a 2 week plan where all nations agree to answer issues in a way that boosts at chosen NS stat e.g. Health or Basket Weaving. The region can track improvements over the period and highlight those most improved and root out the least improved counter revolutionaries.

NS already include region and nation line charts to measure and it looks pretty neat. Open the spoiler for an example

This idea encourages more regional engagement and participation compared the typical 'regional issue answering nation' concept as each nation will be doing their own clicking and there is a set goal they will be competing and comparing against.

Regional Policy on answering issues: Regions should pass laws dictating the 'correct' answer to certain issues. The combination of the Issues Spoiler Thread, The Issue Results Effect Lines Database and the Activity Feed/API makes tracking this entirely possible.

People may argue that "Everyone should be able to answer issue they way they like!", however ignoring Issues means opting out of engaging with the activity most players/nations are doing. Making an issue answering policy is way to bring engagement to these players directly and if there is conflict, if there are discussion, there is community.

Open spoiler to see one example of how idea would work

Example 1 - Anti-coup policy for The South Pacific

I am an old fart and I remember that Sedge couped TSP in 2011. To add insult to injury, according to some, he also wrote an issue based on those events and incorporated it in the game as Issue #287

#267: Controversial Coup Causes Commotion [Sedgistan; ed:Sedgistan]

The Issue
A coup in a neighbouring country has seen a mercenary force led by retired @@NAME@@ian general @@RANDOMNAME@@ take charge of the peaceful backwater, purging the opposition, and suppressing freedoms. Despite the new leader making a dubious promise to hold elections, the government in exile is demanding that @@NAME@@ takes action.

The Debate
1. "THIS IS A DISGRACE", bellows Brigadier General @@RANDOMNAME@@, scattering plastic soldiers over the floor. "This traitor must be overthrown! Gather together our forces and sweep the tyrant from power. While we're at it, @@NAME@@ could do with some more tanks - you never know when the next coup might be."

2. @@RANDOMNAME@@, a junior official, puts down "Diplomacy for Dummies" and pipes up. "The best method of solving problems is talking. Send the new regime a strongly worded letter of protest and encourage them to negotiate. On a similar note, perhaps you could take your spouse out for a meal tonight. You've been spending far too much time sorting out this nation's issues lately."

3. Noted realist and tabloid columnist @@RANDOMNAME@@ disagrees. "We should give this new regime a chance. After all, they now control a sizeable economy, and they need weapons - we could offer to recognise the new government if they agreed to buy arms from us. Also, I couldn't help but notice some protesters outside your office. We wouldn't want a coup happening here - everyone would feel safer if they were moved on." [Must not have autarky]

4. "I don't see what the problem is", a voice strangely like your own whispers in your ear. Your twin, standing far too close for comfort, continues, "this has given me a great idea - why not just declare yourself supreme leader of @@NAME@@? After all, the people do love you so very much."

All option except option 1 advise the player to support that coup or be launch a coup yourself. If I were TSP, I would make a policy requiring all nations answer 1 for this issue and track this by using the methods mentioned above. Besides the fun of making an issue policy, it is an opportunity to players to learn about the regions culture, history and government.

A full discussion on this idea can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=460206

Nation Stats based Regional Government: The intention of this idea is to make issue answering an integral part of regional government. Existing variations of this have usually been restrictions on government types (e.g. only Psychotic Dictatorships) or maybe a score above X (e.g. Civil Rights above 70 only), or perhaps roleplaying where nation stats matter. I want to go further so that nation stats form a part of the mechanical apparatus of regional government; by this I mean how delegate and government positions are appointed, how regional laws are passed etc.

A rough concept of this was proposed for Bhutan, a region where in RL was known for introducing 'Gross Domestic Happiness' as the indictator for success of the region. Transferring this to NS, I made a mini-constitution to for the NS region based on the equivalent statistic - 'Cheerfulness'

---

The region of Bhutan was created for nations who share a common goal of improving the happiness of their citizens. In Nationstates, the closest measure is Cheerfulness, which will be the main statistic used to benchmark happiness.

All nations are welcome to Bhutan, as long as there is an intention to improve the cheerfulness of its citizens. This is determined as below:

1. The Cheerfulness statistic for each nation will be recorded on arrival.
  2. If the Cheerfulness statistic is below 50, there are more citizens unhappy than happy and the nation has until the end of the following month to increase their Cheerfulness.
    1. If the nation has not increased their Cheerfulness by the end of the period, the nation will be ejected from the region unless:
      1. Secondary Statistics: There is an improvement to one of Niceness, Compassion or Exclusivity.
      2. From My Perspective: The nation explains how recent decisions has actually made their nation more cheerful, contrary to obviously inaccurate statistics.
    2. Nations with a Cheerfulness statistic above 50 are not subject to the automatic removal clause as described above, however they can challenged and be challenged by other nations with a 50+ Cheerfulness rating to improve their Cheerfulness by the end of the following month.
      1. The challenged nation must either increase their Cheerfulness or meet the 'Secondary Statistics' or 'From My Perspective' criteria described above.
      2. Only one challenge may be active each month. If the multiple challenges are issued, the WA delegate will decide challenge is active.
    3. Nations may apply for clemency against challenges and removals.
      1. The WA Delegate may provide clemency, provided the delegate has shown a Cheerfulness improvement from the previous month.
      2. Clemency may also be provided if two nations who have shown a Cheerfulness improvement from the previous month agree to support the targeted nation.
      3. The founder may also grant clemency at its discretion.
    4. Notwithstanding the above and acknowledging of the inalienable powers given to the Founder nation, the Founder is immune from removal and may take any action at its discretion.

Region which celebrates 2nd place:

Looking for a 2nd home? 2nd Place!
Some where you'll get a 2nd chance? 2nd Place!

"2nd Place" is a region that is a celebration of all those who came 2nd. In this region, instead of seeing the 2nd placed finisher considered the first loser, they are recognised the actual winner!

Rules:

The Delegate is Non Executive: As the 1st placed finisher, they get a (mostly) useless position.

The 2nd most endorsements will be made the Vice-Delegate Officer with all the executive powers. They are the real winners!

To extend this to the point of insanity

Other officers will be made up of:

The person with the 2nd most number of epic cards, as Epics are the 2nd highest rank!

The person with the 2nd most number of badges of the 2nd tier (5% green) rank!

And for every 2nd week for a 2 week term, an officer will be made for the 2nd ranked person in the daily census 2 days ago! But we shall have term limits so that no one can have more than a 2nd term! Until everyone else has had a 2nd term.

We shall have polls, but the we will only record the 2nd highest result as the winner!

Our discussions will feature the stories of all those who came 2nd - In sports, in art, etc...remember that just because someone is 2nd in something doesn't mean they aren't winning in other things.

....I suppose the idea could also work even if we were rewarding 1st place, but '2nd Place' is more appropriate as I suspect such a region would be someone's 2nd region and not their main - '2nd Place' for the 2nd region for everyone!
Last edited by Communist Eraser on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 22 times in total.
EASTERN EUROPE: The MELTING POT OF IDEOLOGIES
An Libertarian Socialist Peacezone. Four Principles of Peacezone Theory

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:15 pm

You should get commended again.

Communist Eraser wrote:Project Chameleon: A region which votes whether to adopt another region's constitution and/or laws completely every 6 months.

The choosing part should be randomised.
There's more appeal in having the citizens of the Chameleon being at the mercy of chance.

Communist Eraser wrote:TRR Re-education Camp (discussed with Fratt :twisted: ):

"discussed with Fratt" = "Fratt hated it".
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:19 pm

This is some craaazy stuff, Eraser.

Some of them are really good though. :clap:
Last edited by Alyekra on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Arstrotzka
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstrotzka » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Single universe theory is something I do and support.

Felasia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 29, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Felasia » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Communist Eraser wrote:
TRR Re-education Camp (discussed with Fratt :twisted: ): TRR has traditionally sided with ejectees, welcoming them and offering them a 2nd chance in their region. This is terrible, wrong and rewards bad behaviour. Those nations were ejected for a reason and TRR has a moral responsibility to re-educate them so they would repent for the errors of their ways, so they'll be ready to join another region again.

Frattastan II wrote:
Communist Eraser wrote:TRR Re-education Camp (discussed with Fratt :twisted: ):

"discussed with Fratt" = "Fratt hated it".

NOO!

I actually think this is brilliant. We must do it, Fratt! We could put Milograd in charge of reeducation. :D

Communist Eraser wrote:Redefining defending as "historical preservation" rather than "native rights": Create a defender region whose main purpose is to defend the region's right to existence, as opposed to any concern who the nations within. Any region that is created shall be defended from ever CTEing. We consider the most important thing to be to preserve an unbroken chain of RMB and regional history that would all be lost when a region is refounded. We will be a defender organisation that considers it more worthy to maintain a 200 page RMB that sees the beginning, rise, apex and fall of a region into obscurity, rather than support a refound even if it's arguably better for the native's security. We'll be the mortal enemies of the New TAO Order.

This is actually kind of interesting. It also doesn't necessary require WA nation since activity (or preservation) in a region could be create with puppets. This is like crusading against inactivity.

Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 am

Frattastan II wrote:You should get commended again.

Communist Eraser wrote:Project Chameleon: A region which votes whether to adopt another region's constitution and/or laws completely every 6 months.

The choosing part should be randomised.
There's more appeal in having the citizens of the Chameleon being at the mercy of chance.

While that would gleefully diabolical to see, it doesn't practically work compared to the one I proposed. All my ideas, despite their initial craziness could work with some fine tuning if one is really committed to it. Randomness also doesn't answer the question that led to this idea - which form of regional government is the best?

Please commend me again

Arstrotzka wrote:Single universe theory is something I do and support.

Single universe theory is the idea I most want to see happen, but also the hardest to realise. To be really successful one has to proficient in multiple parts of the game and be able to bring them together. For all its controversy, Milograd's 'South Pacific Socialist Republic' was the closest thing I saw to it; It was a obviously a gameplay event, but everything Milograd and his supporters said was coached in RP that blended seamlessly in it. It also helps Milo was both heavily involved in RP and GP. Ananke also mentioned in #tnp the other there was also a French Pirate thing in TNP a long time back that was similiar.

Much less successful was my attempt to create a database identifying what issue answers defy which WA resolution.

Felasia wrote:
Communist Eraser wrote:Redefining defending as "historical preservation" rather than "native rights": Create a defender region whose main purpose is to defend the region's right to existence, as opposed to any concern who the nations within. Any region that is created shall be defended from ever CTEing. We consider the most important thing to be to preserve an unbroken chain of RMB and regional history that would all be lost when a region is refounded. We will be a defender organisation that considers it more worthy to maintain a 200 page RMB that sees the beginning, rise, apex and fall of a region into obscurity, rather than support a refound even if it's arguably better for the native's security. We'll be the mortal enemies of the New TAO Order.

This is actually kind of interesting. It also doesn't necessary require WA nation since activity (or preservation) in a region could be create with puppets. This is like crusading against inactivity.

This actually came about because Mall was talking in #gameplay was how The Middle East had a sleeper and got refounded by Nazis. :( The solution is obviously have a our own sleepers in every region in the game! The idea is pretty silly though, player needs really should trump preservation. My actual views even think a group of active players are justified in forcibly taking over and refounding a region against old-barely-active players, if the former are really committed to building the region - which probably doesn't sit well with most defenders.

---

Edit: I just noticed Kyzikos has a delegate! And look at what he's saying awww: http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=4149876

I would like to represent our region in the WA and in other regions. Endorse me and I'll increase our region's influence at the WA.

You should give him a chance.
Last edited by Communist Eraser on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:41 am

Do you have an endgame?
Last edited by Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The North Polish Union wrote:I am in someone's sig! My life is complete! :p

Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:54 pm

Region building has an endgame?

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Communist Eraser wrote:Region building has an endgame?

Your ideas are more than propositions for regions. They include regionless gameplay, combined RP-WA-GP playing, and an alternative objective for defending. I just think that since you thought of these ideas, you probably also thought about combining these ideas.

So, what is your endgame? Opening minds can be an endgame.

Cerian Quilor
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Cerian Quilor » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't think he's looking for an 'endgame'. Hell, I don't think NS should or can have a true 'endgame'
Never underestimate the power of cynicism, pessimism and negativity to prevent terrible things from happening. Only idealists try to build the future on a mountain of bodies.

The Thing to Remember About NationStates is that it is an almost entirely social game - fundamentally, you have no power beyond your own ability to convince people to go along with your ideas. In that sense, even the most dictatorial region is fundamentally democratic.

Lady Red
Civilian

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Red » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Communist Eraser wrote:Warzones: Make a Warzone into a real region and dramatically report events happening in the warzones as a legitimacy exciting sub game.
Now this is interesting. Mind going into detail about how you would report things?

Vakolic
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vakolic » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:53 pm

I'd be willing to help with project Chamelion. It'd be an interesting experiment.

Would the type of region change as well? Like if it adopted TBH's laws, after running on XKI's laws, would we all have to check to make sure we weren't getting stabbed?
It is now law, by the grace of the supreme magesterium of 'everyone is doing it' to include a list of your political likes and dislikes in your signature.

Likes: Ukip, Libertarianism, free-market capitalism, equality, euroscepticism, absolute transparency, absolute free speech, non-interventionism, lgbt rights, disability rights, youth rights.
Neutral: fascism, restrained capitalism, China, North and South Korea, UN, Russia, british liberalism
Dislikes: Communism, interventionism, socialism, affermative action, the labour party, apathy, abortion, environmentalism, unrestrained immigration, hate crime.

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Lady Red wrote:
Communist Eraser wrote:Warzones: Make a Warzone into a real region and dramatically report events happening in the warzones as a legitimacy exciting sub game.
Now this is interesting. Mind going into detail about how you would report things?

This is an example (Warzone Codger is the same player as Communist Eraser):
viewtopic.php?p=3809824#p3809824
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=162068
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Evil Overlord of NationStates » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 am

Cerian Quilor wrote:I don't think he's looking for an 'endgame'. Hell, I don't think NS should or can have a true 'endgame'

You forget--I conquered the world.

Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Bump!

Another idea for regions to try out.

Solidarity voting: The activity tab and the api allows us to conveniently know which way your fellow nations are voting in the WA. My idea is to require all nations (or at least endorsers) in the region to be voting the same way at the end of the voting period in the spirit of regional solidarity. Nations voting against the majority of the region will be recorded and purged as counter-revolutionaries if this reactionary behaviour was shown several times.

This idea seems simple enough to do for small regions. I might just try it out for EE.

Vakolic
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vakolic » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Communist Eraser wrote:Bump!

This idea seems simple enough to do for small regions. I might just try it out for EE.

Is EE your sandbox?
It is now law, by the grace of the supreme magesterium of 'everyone is doing it' to include a list of your political likes and dislikes in your signature.

Likes: Ukip, Libertarianism, free-market capitalism, equality, euroscepticism, absolute transparency, absolute free speech, non-interventionism, lgbt rights, disability rights, youth rights.
Neutral: fascism, restrained capitalism, China, North and South Korea, UN, Russia, british liberalism
Dislikes: Communism, interventionism, socialism, affermative action, the labour party, apathy, abortion, environmentalism, unrestrained immigration, hate crime.

Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Vakolic wrote:
Communist Eraser wrote:Bump!

Is EE your sandbox?

EE has traditionally (Heh, that seems to be buzzword lately) always been someone's sandbox, if you know the history.

Acitcratna
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Acitcratna » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:55 pm

My region is already designed for "Redefining defending as "historical preservation" rather than "native rights".

I like project chameleon though! Only it should be 3 or 4 months, not 6.

Communist Eraser
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Eraser » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:49 pm

OP updated!

RP region based on 'canon' NS lore (Bigtopia region!): Issues provide a large number of stories together form the 'official' RP lore/story line of the game. It is supported by some recurring elements which as the Bigtopians, Maxtopians, the Order of Violet etc. Even the concept of nations that literally moved by a fleet of black helicopters.

My idea is create a RP region using that lore as a starting point. Maybe someone creating episodes of "Bigtopians say the darnest things?" Expand the motivations and story of the Lilliputian Freedom Fighters?

Ubu Roi
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubu Roi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:48 pm

I'd be really interested in a region dedicated to Violetist fanaticism :twisted:

Coraxion
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Coraxion » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:31 am

In Certain Obscurity and Periferia of the game it seems there are also non-human players in The NationStates. Already few years they have planned a Revolution against Human Controlled Hegemony of The NationStates. Mastermind of this sinister plan is seemingly residing at Robotium. Slowly but steadily these inhumane conquerors have been there for gaining more room for their renaissance. Matrix is already Corrupted by Robotium Malware and plans seems including also future space invasions, as what these beings would do USS Paradroid without desires invade whole tag nebula of 'Outer space'.

Most worst thing for Human controlled NationStates is however that they are apparently building their own Military-Industrial Complex under our noses. At least corporations Hyperdyne Systems, Industrial Automaton, Yutani Corporation among others has already under their control...

We all must be ready for Fighting them For the Sake of The Humanity. :p
Last edited by Coraxion on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:36 pm

Sooooo,can anyone get me up to date who this guy is?,i get the feeling hes pretty known
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

SFBA wabbitslayah
Envoy

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby SFBA wabbitslayah » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Port blood wrote:Sooooo,can anyone get me up to date who this guy is?,i get the feeling hes pretty known

Who?
Last edited by Cormac A Stark on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate/Mayor of San Francisco Bay Area
Former FRA Arch-Chancellor

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:10 pm

I've RPed various Bigtopians, Lilliputians, etc. in my sports RP accounts, weaving the diaspora into the ethnic diversity of some of my puppets and/or their conquests. It's fun to try and fit in with as much of the issue canon as I can!

Port blood
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Port blood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:20 am

SFBA wabbitslayah wrote:
Port blood wrote:Sooooo,can anyone get me up to date who this guy is?,i get the feeling hes pretty known

Who?

OP
No,I don't speak for TBR,TBH,your mom,moderation or any other person/organization,just saying before anyone thinks that
Sedgistan wrote:Discussion of UDL shirts belongs in the UDL thread.

Kelvaros Prime wrote:*Introduces head to wall repeatedly*
People are learning,join the revolution!

http://pastebin.com/JG8S5Txd

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay