NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 am

Alright... everyone can just ignore Jordan trying to help Cassie....
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:46 am

United Martains wrote:Alright... everyone can just ignore Jordan trying to help Cassie....

He's being ignored? I'm pretty sure Hunter basically telling everyone to leave and give her space is not ignoring him.
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:49 am

Hmm, I think I did ignore him once. Oops. Easy to lose track of all the posts.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Excuse if I don't post today...my brain is being worse for RPing right now, not better like I want it to be...
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:24 am

Is there anything important going on with Dominic? Or can I have Leroy come talk to him?

Of course, I need a good reason why Leroy is apparently walking in circles....

But a teacher-to-teacher conversation seems like it could be interesting.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:26 pm

Terintania wrote:Is there anything important going on with Dominic? Or can I have Leroy come talk to him?

Of course, I need a good reason why Leroy is apparently walking in circles....

But a teacher-to-teacher conversation seems like it could be interesting.

He's just grabbing a cup of coffee between classes really, so nothing important going on at the moment.

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:01 am

Sorry for not posting. My internet plan has expired, so I can't do anything without major lag. I'll start again tomorrow.
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Uhhh, so, yeah. We suck. When Corrian and I get ideas for characters, we can't stop thinking about them and it drives us bonkers until we make them....

Sooooo

Can Corrian and I both make one more character? After that I will try really hard not to make any more, this idea is just driving us insane.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Terintania wrote:Can Corrian and I both make one more character? After that I will try really hard not to make any more, this idea is just driving us insane.

I trust both of you enough to let you do that, so you have my permission. Just post the apps and I'll look them over as soon as I can.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:Can Corrian and I both make one more character? After that I will try really hard not to make any more, this idea is just driving us insane.

I trust both of you enough to let you do that, so you have my permission. Just post the apps and I'll look them over as soon as I can.

Good to know we're trusted :)

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:25 am

May I clone Thomas in a couple posts? Maybe just sometime later.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

Name: Jodelle Hordern
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 123
Appearance:
ImageImageImage

Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): None, yet anyway. She didn't exactly go out of her way to think about being an ACTUAL superhero of sorts before joining Super Hero High
Abilities: Iden, which when he starts being too excessive with his power, it wears her out, and can have various side effects on her if he goes too extreme with throwing stuff around or whatever.
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: When she was 8, she discovered that an entity of sorts connected itself to her, and she had little control over it. Or really, none at all, but she could TRY and tell it what to do. That didn't mean it listened. But when things went horribly wrong in the house with said entity, and he started destroying things and scaring the crap out of her family, they immediately kicked her out of the house in fear of what she had become. And since then, she has lived on the streets pretty much. People have taken her in, only to begin fearing her like the others and dumping her back out again, and eventually she just decided that it was pointless to even try to stay anywhere and officially decided it was better to just stay on the streets. So from 12 to 16, she stayed on the streets, with various problems occurring. Thankfully, she never really had any major problems with the police. None of the people she was with called the police on her, though she did have a run in with the police once. And eventually she discovered the existence of the Super Hero High, and decided to sign up, but as one person, not two, considering her entity could sort of be considered a person technically. She hoped that maybe the school could give her some peace again, and maybe the ability to actually get control over her entity, but she kinda doubted the last bit. The peace part was enough for her.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 am

Name: Iden
Height: None
Weight: None
Hair: None
Eyes: None
Costume (if any): None. He has no appearance what-so-ever.
Abilities:
Spirit Form:
Iden is, quite literally, a spirit. Or an entity of some kind. He has no physical form. Here are some things that this allows him to do. He may look overpowered, but his powers don't really affect anything beyond his Telekinesis. He can't even interact with anyone beyond Jodelle, and is more often seen as Jodelle's powers then a separate entity.
Invisibility
He is always completely invisible. As far as anyone is concerned, he doesn't exist, and the things he does is merely Jodelle's powers, not his.
Wall Phasing
Iden is able to phase through things, such as wooden doors or glass. Most metals, however, he can't phase through.
Not Physical
Seeing as Iden is not a physical being, he is unaffected by outside factors, such as temperature, air, or like, space.
Flight
He can fly. In fact, that's how he moves, but he is sort of 'tethered' to Jodelle, and can only move so far from her. Which isn't very far.
Connection
Iden has a connection with Jodelle. This isn't specifically a good part of his ability. If she dies, he fades from existence, and it's the connection that keeps him from moving very far from her. They can telepathically speak to each other, which is about the only bonus.
Telekinesis
Telekinesis is pretty obvious.
Brief Bio: Iden just sort of...is. He has no memory of a life before he became 'tethered' to Jodelle, and he has been her guardian ever since. He was just getting used to existing, and his powers, at the start, so he ended up freaking out Jodelle's parents, which ended up getting her kicked out of her house when she was just 8 years old. Iden decided that her parents were a-holes anyway. As their life went on, Iden just followed along, going wherever Jodelle went. Not that he had a choice, even if he had wanted to leave. Most people who have met Jodelle just think that Iden is her power, not a separate entity. Over time he has come to consider her his friend, and he hopes she sees him the same way, even though he has no physical form. He has grown quite protective of her, and isn't afraid to use his abilities to freak out anyone who is mean to her or might hurt her.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:28 am

Pragia wrote:May I clone Thomas in a couple posts? Maybe just sometime later.

I don't think that would be a good idea, clone stories usually just turn into confusing messes. I won't forbid it though.

Corrian wrote:
Name: Jodelle Hordern
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 123
Appearance:
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Costume (if any): None, yet anyway. She didn't exactly go out of her way to think about being an ACTUAL superhero of sorts before joining Super Hero High
Abilities: Iden, which when he starts being too excessive with his power, it wears her out, and can have various side effects on her if he goes too extreme with throwing stuff around or whatever.
Brief Bio: When she was 8, she discovered that an entity of sorts connected itself to her, and she had little control over it. Or really, none at all, but she could TRY and tell it what to do. That didn't mean it listened. But when things went horribly wrong in the house with said entity, and he started destroying things and scaring the crap out of her family, they immediately kicked her out of the house in fear of what she had become. And since then, she has lived on the streets pretty much. People have taken her in, only to begin fearing her like the others and dumping her back out again, and eventually she just decided that it was pointless to even try to stay anywhere and officially decided it was better to just stay on the streets. So from 12 to 16, she stayed on the streets, with various problems occurring. Thankfully, she never really had any major problems with the police. None of the people she was with called the police on her, though she did have a run in with the police once. And eventually she discovered the existence of the Super Hero High, and decided to sign up, but as one person, not two, considering her entity could sort of be considered a person technically. She hoped that maybe the school could give her some peace again, and maybe the ability to actually get control over her entity, but she kinda doubted the last bit. The peace part was enough for her.

Accepted.

Terintania wrote:
Name: Iden
Height: None
Weight: None
Hair: None
Eyes: None
Costume (if any): None. He has no appearance what-so-ever.
Abilities:
Spirit Form:
Iden is, quite literally, a spirit. Or an entity of some kind. He has no physical form. Here are some things that this allows him to do. He may look overpowered, but his powers don't really affect anything beyond his Telekinesis. He can't even interact with anyone beyond Jodelle, and is more often seen as Jodelle's powers then a separate entity.
Invisibility
He is always completely invisible. As far as anyone is concerned, he doesn't exist, and the things he does is merely Jodelle's powers, not his.
Wall Phasing
Iden is able to phase through things, such as wooden doors or glass. Most metals, however, he can't phase through.
Not Physical
Seeing as Iden is not a physical being, he is unaffected by outside factors, such as temperature, air, or like, space.
Flight
He can fly. In fact, that's how he moves, but he is sort of 'tethered' to Jodelle, and can only move so far from her. Which isn't very far.
Connection
Iden has a connection with Jodelle. This isn't specifically a good part of his ability. If she dies, he fades from existence, and it's the connection that keeps him from moving very far from her. They can telepathically speak to each other, which is about the only bonus.
Telekinesis
Telekinesis is pretty obvious.
Brief Bio: Iden just sort of...is. He has no memory of a life before he became 'tethered' to Jodelle, and he has been her guardian ever since. He was just getting used to existing, and his powers, at the start, so he ended up freaking out Jodelle's parents, which ended up getting her kicked out of her house when she was just 8 years old. Iden decided that her parents were a-holes anyway. As their life went on, Iden just followed along, going wherever Jodelle went. Not that he had a choice, even if he had wanted to leave. Most people who have met Jodelle just think that Iden is her power, not a separate entity. Over time he has come to consider her his friend, and he hopes she sees him the same way, even though he has no physical form. He has grown quite protective of her, and isn't afraid to use his abilities to freak out anyone who is mean to her or might hurt her.

Accepted.

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:43 am

Are we still having classes? If so who is teaching the next one?
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm

Why thank you O' master, Mighty Asgard.

Retro Frost wrote:Are we still having classes? If so who is teaching the next one?

Dominic, I believe. A simulation class, from the looks of it.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:10 pm

I see that New Zealand now has a new, huge hit singer that has taken off like crazy over summer. The latest big "pop" hit (and some hip-hop influenced stuff). While I'm not like, a huge fan of her, she's a lot better then the recent huge pop hits that have been taking off as of late. "Call Me Maybe" last year, Psy last year, Katy Kerry and Miley Cyrus who are chart toppers right now...It has been pretty bad in my opinion, so at least a chart topper is more tolerable recently. I tend to bash the mainstream pop scene in general though.

Oh, and she is the youngest person in 26 years to hit number 1 on the charts (She's 16).

A few examples.

*Only brought this up because of the discussion about New Zealand music a while back*

Anyway, RP-related, I kind of get the feeling Jodelle might talk to Michael at some point. Cassie and her are the ones of my characters who are the most likely to talk to him. Jodelle maybe just to get stuff off of her chest, possibly about Iden. Might be interesting for Michael, too...

This will of course be sometime in the future, not right now.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:17 pm

Corrian, a ride up to the space station presumably 200 miles-off the ground would not make Canada look small. Not in the slightest.

To give an example, we will suppose that the station is directly over Montreal, and you decide to look out to the Earth's curvature. If you looked in the direction of Manitoba, you would not be able to see Lake Winnipeg because it is over the Earth's Curvature.

If you were 200 miles over Kasba Lake, you still would not be able to see Quebec City, going beyond cities to include portions of Yukon and the entire provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. That should be a good indication of the fact Canada would probably end up looking rather big when you will never be able to see all of Canada's territories and provinces 200 miles above the Earth. It's still impressive, but not exactly at the necessary eye-height to make the description of Canada shrinking seem right to my mind. If anything, that would really go a long way to cementing just how huge your country is.

Also cemented (when passing at night): Most of Canada's cities are within driving distance of the US-Canadian border.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Corrian, a ride up to the space station presumably 200 miles-off the ground would not make Canada look small. Not in the slightest.

To give an example, we will suppose that the station is directly over Montreal, and you decide to look out to the Earth's curvature. If you looked in the direction of Manitoba, you would not be able to see Lake Winnipeg because it is over the Earth's Curvature.

If you were 200 miles over Kasba Lake, you still would not be able to see Quebec City, going beyond cities to include portions of Yukon and the entire provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. That should be a good indication of the fact Canada would probably end up looking rather big when you will never be able to see all of Canada's territories and provinces 200 miles above the Earth. It's still impressive, but not exactly at the necessary eye-height to make the description of Canada shrinking seem right to my mind. If anything, that would really go a long way to cementing just how huge your country is.

Also cemented (when passing at night): Most of Canada's cities are within driving distance of the US-Canadian border.

Actually, after I posted, I was thinking about the fact that what I typed didn't really make sense. Even when I typed it I thought that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:38 pm

I just now realized I forgot to post with Kira :palm:
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 am

As to not flood the thread with my character's background plots, may I create another thread?

Think of it as the Torchlight to this thread's Doctor Who.

I swear to christ AP if you make some pun about that i'll end you.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 am

Orinon wrote:As to not flood the thread with my character's background plots, may I create another thread?

Think of it as the Torchlight to this thread's Doctor Who.

I swear to christ AP if you make some pun about that i'll end you.

I don't see any problem with throwing it in here. Hell, at least it relates to the RP unlike what I posted earlier, and what I do quite often on a regular basis.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:00 am

This is an entire plotline that, although occurring in the same world as this thread, has little effect on the school itself.

Not to mention i just wanna OP something.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Orinon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:45 am

So uuuuh.

Here's the thread.

You're all welcome.

And yes, this does mean that Abigale is bowing out of this thread for a time.

Pragia
Powerbroker

Founded: May 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pragia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:08 am

May clone Thomas sooner then to get him onto that one, maybe as a stowaway.

Also Thomas could freak out that someone stole his armor.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse