NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Erucia wrote:

Quite lovely! But Yahoo! comments always kill me, because everyone's so rude and homophobic.

In any case, writing from school.

I don't even bother with the comments of any Yahoo page anymore, as those people somehow manage to turn something as simple as an article about tips for putting a pool in your yard into a flame-war that usually involves something like whether or not Obama's daughters are pretty enough to deserve a birthday (I am not making this up). Steer clear my friend, it will save your sanity.

But other than that, awesome article!

Might post today, might not. Waiting on something, and things seem tight anyway.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

That was a good story!

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Erucia wrote:Really? I once took martial arts, but I quite a while ago.

Nice. Which one?

It was Tai-Kwon-Do (cheesus, I probably spelled it wrong). I went up to a black belt, with a single gold bar and a red bar. Nowadays, if I need to defend myself, I shoot the bastard or do cheapshots.

@Gio: I once made a comment on a Yahoo article on a cheerleader being bullied. All of the commentors rushed to her defense and stated that no one deserved to be bullied. Yet on the same day, the same people commented on a gay couple being elected as the cutest couple in a high school yearbook as disgusting and verbally assaulted them. In my comment, I pointed it out and asked why people took favorites like that. And so, I was downvoted by the other commentors.
"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:36 pm

@Eru - Cheap shots are fun, says the KM practitioner.

@Eru and Gio - I ignore the existence of Internet comments. What comments?

@Gio and Bran - Ta. *nods*

@Gio - No worries! I'm not posting today either. Work work work. *tries to look busy*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Yahoo exists? Comment sections exist? Why have I not been informed of this? It's like GPAs and Missouri all over again. People need to tell me these things.
Last edited by The New Velociraptor Empire on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:06 pm

The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:Yahoo exists? Comment sections exist? Why have I not been informed of this? It's like GPAs and Missouri all over again. People need to tell me these things.

*laughs* Quite so. I was surprised chocolate syrup exists.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 pm

I'm not sure which of them is really in the right here. I think in ways, they're both wrong.

So yeah, hurricane Karen might be here by Saturday. Why!?! All I want is two years in a row of now 9 day power outages, or multiple 9 day power outages. I'm hoping it'll go up the east coast or hit mexico. better them than me and Torsie.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Urran wrote:I'm not sure which of them is really in the right here. I think in ways, they're both wrong.

So yeah, hurricane Karen might be here by Saturday. Why!?! All I want is two years in a row of now 9 day power outages, or multiple 9 day power outages. I'm hoping it'll go up the east coast or hit mexico. better them than me and Torsie.

There's nothing wrong with intolerance of intolerance, especially as it's done in a nonviolent manner. The mother can't even use the excuse that the older generation does it too, because her father isn't homophobic.

Also, nice. Or have you forgotten 75% of the OPs live on the East Coast? :p And Mexico probably has enough troubles already, with their war on drugs.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Just tornadoes up here for me and Bran. Which would be fine, if the actually took you to Oz.
she/her

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Urran wrote:I'm not sure which of them is really in the right here. I think in ways, they're both wrong.

What the fuck, man? That's rather selfish thinking. That was bad and you should feel bad.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Giovenith wrote:Just tornadoes up here for me and Bran. Which would be fine, if the actually took you to Oz.

Yeah, those things scare me.

If they took you to cool places though, that'd be pretty cool.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:04 pm

yeah, I'm not going to tell you my personal views on homosexuality (or on any debated topics really, I prefer to keep those types of things to myself, thank you), only that I find this story to be idiotic. i believe BOTH parties acted like children.

meh, thought about it and it did sound rather selfish. I just get tired of the darn things. Actually, I think last year was the first year in over a decade that we didn't get a hurricane. You get sick of them rather quickly. sitting in a hot house, suffocating in the humidity, no air conditioning, not even a fan (we had fans in africa, made the heat tolerable). it's a miserable experience. The people down here actually looked on the east coast with contempt for not preparing for Sandy better and then complaining about it.
Last edited by Urran on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Urran, I'm not referring to your attitude towards homosexuality, just to be clear, though it's quite obvious that you don't mind it that much, seeing as you're here, RPing with multiple openly homosexual and bisexual players.

I'm referring towards your selfish attitude in regards to the hurricanes. Your attitude about it seems rather sociopathic. And a bit crybaby-ish. I looked it up, and it's not even a hurricane, it's a tropical storm.

It's alright to say, "I hope I don't get hit." That's a natural reaction, and no one will really blame you. But to straight up say "Hit these people instead,"... holy fuck man. That's a... bit cold, to put it lightly.
Last edited by Bone Fort on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:27 pm

I see nothing wrong with what Urran said...

Though I actually look forward to storms and hurricanes. I love bad weather.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Bone Fort wrote:

What the fuck, man? That's rather selfish thinking. That was bad and you should feel bad.

Better somebody else takes the bullet than you. Unless it's family or friends, I'll happily dodge every hurricane, tornado, plague, etc in favor of someone else getting hit. I find 'better them than me' to be a fairly effective morality system.

Slight sociopathy does have its merits.

Speaking of psychopaths, I'll be making a post for Volt to reply to Swith. Also, me and Swith have been going through some TG's, and I've decided to take advantage of the whole fatherhood scenario to better force interaction with the other residents of the city. Volt's son will be far less of a.. conceited psychopath slightly aggressive self-righteous demigod with minor anger issues, and a bit more.... sympathetic. In the approachable friendly way.

And Bones, I though you were a bit of a sociopath.
Last edited by AETEN II on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Urran, I'm not referring to your attitude towards homosexuality, just to be clear, though it's quite obvious that you don't mind it that much, seeing as you're here, RPing with multiple openly homosexual and bisexual players.

I'm referring towards your selfish attitude in regards to the hurricanes. Your attitude about it seems rather sociopathic. And a bit crybaby-ish. I looked it up, and it's not even a hurricane, it's a tropical storm.

It's alright to say, "I hope I don't get hit." That's a natural reaction, and no one will really blame you. But to straight up say "Hit these people instead,"... holy fuck man. That's a... bit cold, to put it lightly.

yeah, I edited my message, anywho, I can be cold and I have a bit of a cynical attitude. I guess I'm my fathers child, his family? Jesus, they actually say they wished that Sandy was worse. Me, I'm like, poor unfortunate souls, but there's nothing I can do. more power to them.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Back after practice.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm at play practice right now, so...I'll post/TG when I can.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Aeten, you really thought I'm a sociopath (or slightly one, whatever)?

I'm just going to fathom a guess, more a shot in the dark, really, and say that it's due either to the madness I tend to unleash IC, or the fact that when I post OOC it's usually to crack heads over some screw-up and the like.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:34 pm

anyway, to the IC thread! *batman them plays*
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Aeten, you really thought I'm a sociopath (or slightly one, whatever)?

I'm just going to fathom a guess, more a shot in the dark, really, and say that it's due either to the madness I tend to unleash IC, or the fact that when I post OOC it's usually to crack heads over some screw-up and the like.

In fact, don't sociopaths actually come across as overly friendly in order to manipulate others? Well, actually that's more so narcissists... still.
Last edited by Giovenith on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Aeten, you really thought I'm a sociopath (or slightly one, whatever)?

Eh, that and you general attitude is similar to mine in some aspects or I would at least guess at times, and I certainly exhibit some traits of a sociopath.
(Although not to an excessive degree where I might even classify as one. More or less some traits thrown in here and there which are further aggravated by depression and life experiences.)

And I successfully hide them (mostly) in real life. It's just annoying to such a degree that it's not really worth the bother.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Actually, sociopaths in real life are nothing like Hannibal Lecter. Pretty much any character that's called a sociopath wouldn't be considered one by psychologists. An actual sociopath would be a completely flat, two-dimensional person that would be unable to manipulate people due to lacking any sort of concept of things like emotions and personality and being virtually unable to relate to others.

Aeten, I consider myself, you, and Prim to all be quite similar, but whereas you two go all "grimdark" and twisted, I take similar themes and go in the opposite direction. In a sense, we're each other, only viewed through a glass darkly.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Hmm, I don't really know what I can be considered.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Hmm, I don't really know what I can be considered.

A person?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse