NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:04 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Sup', guys!

I got my tuxedo for Choir today, took all hour to get the fitting right.

I hate that. I need to get fitted for my brother's wedding. augh. I can't stand his bride and they chose TAN as the color for the tuxes. and guess what? no jackets to go with them, just the shirts. I'll be looking like a freaking idiot. oh! and we're wearing sneakers with the tuxes too, not dress shows.

anyway, what did I miss IC
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Urran wrote:

I hate that. I need to get fitted for my brother's wedding. augh. I can't stand his bride and they chose TAN as the color for the tuxes. and guess what? no jackets to go with them, just the shirts. I'll be looking like a freaking idiot. oh! and we're wearing sneakers with the tuxes too, not dress shows.

anyway, what did I miss IC

Didn't miss much. I just posted again a minute ago. I'm caught up in other things as well, but I'm still good.

Tuxedos are classy. Actually, I like sweater-vests and slacks, with fedoras. Fedoras are classy.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Damn, you get entire tuxedos? When not white tops and black bottoms, we get the Harry Potter Robes of Death (look like a Griffindor uniform, very heavy, very hot inside, and you stand around in them for at most two hours).
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Giovenith wrote:

Damn, you get entire tuxedos? When not white tops and black bottoms, we get the Harry Potter Robes of Death (look like a Griffindor uniform, very heavy, very hot inside, and you stand around in them for at most two hours).

Yeah, we get full tuxedos, the women get dresses, naturally. Ouch, that would suck.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Tuxedos are classy. Actually, I like sweater-vests and slacks, with fedoras. Fedoras are classy.

I'm currently wearing a fedora. I like sweaters and fedoras.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Urran wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:

I'm currently wearing a fedora. I like sweaters and fedoras.

My friends have started wearing fedoras. I usually wear ruffled-up button-up shirts. I call us "Hats and the Shirt".

Though I usually wear worn blue jeans and T-shirts.

Ma and Yoshi are working of the collab post for us now, so yea...
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 pm

OSF for the off-topic chatter, please. That's what it's there for. The spoilers don't hide anything if everyone's using them, it's like highlighting the whole page and then "AHH I'M BLIND THERE'S YELLOW EVERYWHERE ZOMG!" :p
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Hmm, I was about to ask if you guys could slow it down a bit IC, if it's not a problem.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:11 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Hmm, I was about to ask if you guys could slow it down a bit IC, if it's not a problem.

In line with this (speaking as a mentor and player and not a co-OP) - Torsi, you're not giving me much to work with in your last post. The current scene between Luce and Katya could be summed up as the following.

Thoughts, scene details, and other thematic information in italics.
Katya wakes up. These are some nice sheets. "Where's Yoshi?" //This first post was excellent. It offered a glimpse into what Katya was thinking and feeling, plus the comparison to her own normal environment. Nice!
Luce replies. "He left in a hurry." Still nighttime, indeterminate hour.
Katya: "I'm hungry."
Luce: "Cuisine could cook for us."
Katya: "Hmm...it might be rude. How about fast food?" //This post was good too. Added to Katya's character, and your goal of making her less immoral.
Luce: "Sure." Insert joke about Conservators, as time cops, preferring efficiency to give Luce something to do other than say "That sounds good." Plus it gave me a chance to expand his character, q.v. sense of humor.
Katya: "OK. Where's the phone book?"
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Hmm, I was about to ask if you guys could slow it down a bit IC, if it's not a problem.

In line with this (speaking as a mentor and player and not a co-OP) - Torsi, you're not giving me much to work with in your last post. The current scene between Luce and Katya could be summed up as the following.

Thoughts, scene details, and other thematic information in italics.
Katya wakes up. These are some nice sheets. "Where's Yoshi?" //This first post was excellent. It offered a glimpse into what Katya was thinking and feeling, plus the comparison to her own normal environment. Nice!
Luce replies. "He left in a hurry." Still nighttime, indeterminate hour.
Katya: "I'm hungry."
Luce: "Cuisine could cook for us."
Katya: "Hmm...it might be rude. How about fast food?" //This post was good too. Added to Katya's character, and your goal of making her less immoral.
Luce: "Sure." Insert joke about Conservators, as time cops, preferring efficiency to give Luce something to do other than say "That sounds good." Plus it gave me a chance to expand his character, q.v. sense of humor.
Katya: "OK. Where's the phone book?"

Hmm...I sorta caught the joke, but even I didn't really see anything special behind it. Sorry.

I swear, this is kinda hard. I think I do better at this stuff with Tora, since her character is at least [somewhat] related to mine. Well, minus the crazy, cheeryness, and whatnot.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Kiruri
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiruri » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Your Nation's Nickname: Kiruri

Character Name (can be different than nation name): Daphne Fey

URL to Character Picture or a few sentences about what they look like: Here

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Conjuration Can summon various elemental monsters which she can control. Always requires a summoning circle and a few other ingredients in order to summon elemental monsters. The stronger the monster, the longer it takes to materialize (the weaker the quicker). Spirits need no summoning circle, but the weaker it is the faster it materializes.
Can Manipulate water.
Can create orbs of mana(aura) to throw at enemies

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Regarding her Abilities: Can only summon weak spirits that cannot cause any physical harm but can cause fear, distortion of reality. The stronger the spirit or elemental monster is, the harder it is for her to control it. Can only summon one spirit and one elemental monster at a time.
Needs actual liquid water to be able to manipulate it. Can draw water from air but in small quantities not useful for much. Cannot manipulate frozen water. Heat can severely hamper manipulation of water. The hotter it is, the harder it is for her to manipulate.
Is susceptible to magic or power nullification.
Physically weak.
Summoning requires Mana. If summoning often, Mana will deplete and cannot summon until recovered. Creation of Mana orbs also requires mana, but in smaller amounts.

Character Background: Daphne Fey was born into the Fey Witch Clan. She was born as the successor of the Clan's head spellcaster, but because of her weaknesses, lack of other magic that was not summoning/conjuring, she soon became the underdog of the entire clan.
Daphne started her training at age 5 but never advanced as fast as other young clansmen. At age 17, when the Clan's head spellcaster passed away, Daphne was bestowed the title of leader. It was then that a prominent and much stronger Fey male decided to challenge Daphne for the title of leader. Daphne succumbed to her challenger, not being able to beat him, and as such was banished from the clan.
Daphne wandered around the world from one place to another, earning money as a street magician who could in fact, summon an assortment of woodland creatures from a hat, or box, or other small confinement. At the current age of 18, she stumbled upon the Sovereign State of Bielefield and its namesake city.

Additional Notes: She constantly seeks approval from her peers, and as such, would do anything to gain it. She can be a bit naïve. She would rather fight than flight.

URL to Apartment Picture: here

Link to RP examples: Most recent

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

A very naive 18 year old girl with the power to summon any elemental monster or spirit. She would rather fight than flight; but despite her tough exterior, she is sweet, friendly and social. She would do anything for her friends, and would do anything to gain the respect and approval of her peers she desires so much. She could be swayed to go either way: good or bad, but she considers herself neutral.
Sooo, that's it. Wanted to run it by you before actually posting it. Is it okay? Does anything need adjustment?
I'm BIwinning
CelebrateBisexualityDaySeptember 23rd
Costa Rican
Dirty Paws!
d(^o^)b¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸
=^..^=

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Kiruri wrote:

Character Powers/Special Abilities (if any): Conjuration Can summon various elemental monsters which she can control. Always requires a summoning circle and a few other ingredients in order to summon elemental monsters. The stronger the monster, the longer it takes to materialize (the weaker the quicker). Spirits need no summoning circle, but the weaker it is the faster it materializes.
Can Manipulate water.

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Regarding her Abilities: Can only summon weak spirits that cannot cause any physical harm but can cause fear, distortion of reality. The stronger the spirit or elemental monster is, the harder it is for her to control it. Can only summon one spirit and one elemental monster at a time.
Needs actual liquid water to be able to manipulate it. Can draw water from air but in small quantities not useful for much. Cannot manipulate frozen water. Heat can severely hamper manipulation of water. The hotter it is, the harder it is for her to manipulate.
Physically weak.
Summoning requires Mana. If summoning often, Mana will deplete and cannot summon until recovered. Creation of Mana orbs also requires mana, but in smaller amounts.

Character Background: Daphne Fey was born into the Fey Witch Clan. She was born as the successor of the Clan's head spellcaster, but because of her weaknesses, lack of other magic that was not summoning/conjuring, she soon became the underdog of the entire clan.
Daphne started her training at age 5 but never advanced as fast as other young clansmen. At age 17, when the Clan's head spellcaster passed away, Daphne was bestowed the title of leader. It was then that a prominent and much stronger Fey male decided to challenge Daphne for the title of leader. Daphne succumbed to her challenger, not being able to beat him, and as such was banished from the clan.
Daphne wandered around the world from one place to another, earning money as a street magician who could in fact, summon an assortment of woodland creatures from a hat, or box, or other small confinement. At the current age of 18, she stumbled upon the Sovereign State of Bielefield and its namesake city.

Additional Notes: She constantly seeks approval from her peers, and as such, would do anything to gain it. She can be a bit naïve. She would rather fight than flight.

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:

A very naive 18 year old girl with the power to summon any elemental monster or spirit. She would rather fight than flight; but despite her tough exterior, she is sweet, friendly and social. She would do anything for her friends, and would do anything to gain the respect and approval of her peers she desires so much. She could be swayed to go either way: good or bad, but she considers herself neutral.

Sooo, that's it. Wanted to run it by you before actually posting it. Is it okay? Does anything need adjustment?

Our IC OP, Cerillium, will take a look and let you know. :)
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Sorry, running around dealing with OP business for The Walking Dead and such. I'll take another look at the scene.

It's OK. The joke was really just a throwaway line. *grins*

Where is Katya searching around exactly? Do you need more information on the apartment?

Try using it to expand on her thoughts and views of Yoshi and/or Dora maybe. It's natural that she'd leave food for them. Is she still irritated with Dora over having multiple lovers? Where's that going? Or broaden her thought horizon, and therefore the number of things she can talk to Luce about. She'll have to tell Mrs D eventually, I imagine. What are her thoughts on that? What are her thoughts on how Tora (as her sister) is going to react? Will she seek out Rylli and Swith (as women who have been through pregnancy) for tips?
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:That it is. Post amended!

$20 says Swith tries to eat one. She ate the plastic camel and sheep from the Christmas manger.

- Volt. Heh. He and Klaus probably share the same opinion.
- Tipper. Can she even see them?
- Mienrva would assign a cultist to follow the ponies. He'd cart along a rolling trash can and shovel.
- Naomi. Squee!
- Thriller. Hmm. Unknown.
- Superbia would eat them.
- Blythe would eat them.
- Bodkins would eat them.
- NVE and Velocicrew? Are we agreed? Mammals are tasty?
- Will might hump them and then eat them.
- Zark's characters would probably eat them.
- Insidious might study their neural reflexes.
- Aegis might eat them.
- Prim might sell them drugs and then eat them.
- Tas' character might befriend them.
- Sutra would eat them.
- Ozzall. We'll convince him the artist one's a Sith.

*laughs* I'll take that action!

Hmm. Drone ponies. Hmmm...I ought to book the next flight to NYC to find Dani just so she can make that happen.

Someone has the most perfect sense of timing. :rofl:
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Kiruri wrote:Your Nation's Nickname: Kiruri

Can Manipulate water.

Physically weak.

IMPORTANT:

Approved per Cer earlier this evening. Welcome aboard!

PEEPS... please tell me it's not morning. Also, Urran, my post with Swith was OOC and labeled a joke. Please redact acknowledging her IC. Swith is frozen in scene with Rylli while we're doing the Twins/Rachelle story.

Advancing time would screw up a few other stories as well. We were early evening when I logged off.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:56 pm

It's not morning.
mumblemumblemumble

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:It's not morning.

:hug: Thank goodness!
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

Yeah, Yoshi only woke up, didn't transition to morning!

:)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:

:hug:

Thank NA. My post could have been read (implicitly) as jumping it to morning, even though I didn't give an exact time. Luce was doing a crossword and had just made tea. I edited accordingly. *nods*

The BranRiech wrote:Yeah, Yoshi only woke up, didn't transition to morning!

:)

Yoshi wasn't the issue; Cliff's post was fine even before he edited. Mine was the problem; I think NA saw Luce doing the crossword and thought it was the newspaper for the next day.
mumblemumblemumble

New Aksarben
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Actually, it was Urran's post.... I was just making sure he and you hadn't skipped to morning, seeing as it would screw up my own things..... both for Sig and Albert.....

I for some reason read it as if he had slept for a long time or something.....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Kiruri wrote:

Can Manipulate water.

Physically weak.

IMPORTANT:

Daphne Fey
A very naive 18 year old girl with the power to summon any elemental monster or spirit. She would rather fight than flight; but despite her tough exterior, she is sweet, friendly and social. She would do anything for her friends, and would do anything to gain the respect and approval of her peers she desires so much. She could be swayed to go either way: good or bad, but she considers herself neutral.Full Details.

Added.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:14 pm

New Aksarben wrote:Actually, it was Urran's post.... I was just making sure he and you hadn't skipped to morning, seeing as it would screw up my own things..... both for Sig and Albert.....

I for some reason read it as if he had slept for a long time or something.....

That's how I read it, too.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 pm

I am in so much trouble. I busted my calculus test, I won't tell you how badly, only that it was a high D. So I have been banned from the net. Right now I'm being a bad boy and using the churches wifi before service starts. I've never seen my mother that angry. So it looks like the Yoshi/Jacob adventure and the Kei/Tieria adventure are canceled until further notice. If course, I can still get on at school so Torsie, you and I can still work on the collab post.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Urran wrote:I am in so much trouble. I busted my calculus test, I won't tell you how badly, only that it was a high D. So I have been banned from the net. Right now I'm being a bad boy and using the churches wifi before service starts. I've never seen my mother that angry. So it looks like the Yoshi/Jacob adventure and the Kei/Tieria adventure are canceled until further notice. If course, I can still get on at school so Torsie, you and I can still work on the collab post.

Can I free Kei up then? I want to develop her more besides just romance!

Poor Urran.

:hug:

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Urran wrote:I am in so much trouble. I busted my calculus test, I won't tell you how badly, only that it was a high D. So I have been banned from the net. Right now I'm being a bad boy and using the churches wifi before service starts. I've never seen my mother that angry. So it looks like the Yoshi/Jacob adventure and the Kei/Tieria adventure are canceled until further notice. If course, I can still get on at school so Torsie, you and I can still work on the collab post.

No problem. We might park your characters for you so others aren't frozen, if that helps you any.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse