NATION

PASSWORD

The NPO's Retort

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

The NPO's Retort

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm

THE NPO'S RETORT: a release of formerly classified information and related commentary; compiled and written by NPO Senator and current Delegate of the Confederated States of The East Pacific, "A mean old man."

Some of the logs presented in this release have been formatted for easier reading (or to remove real-life names from conversations). None of the content presented in this release has been edited. Those it attacks will tell you otherwise.

Those it attacks are liars. I am not a liar.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

FOREWORD (A NOTE FROM THE WRITER):

Well. The past six months have been just ... horrible, to say the least. I've been one of the many people working to mop up the terrible mess left by the events in March/April/May (such as Gaspo's despicable schemes and horrific foreign policy and Milograd's pointless coup in TSP) and considering the fact that I'm delegate of The East Pacific and have an entirely separate set of responsibilities to attend to there, this has been a workload I was neither prepared for nor happy to accept. I have accepted it, however, and have been trying my best to fix what quickly became deep-seated problems in the GCR dynamic; however, people seem to be emerging from the woodwork one by one to stand in the way of progress.

This is not, however, due to the fact that NPO & Friends™ have done anything especially wrong since ousting Gaspo - in fact, we've been almost completely transparent about our policy and connections, which isn't something I see very often from many of the groups I interact with in NS these days (I say "almost" because we've obviously had to do our fair share of sneaking around to acquire some of the things I'm about to post for the world to see). Yes, Karpathos has been known to run his mouth now and again, but that's hardly something to crucify the NPO over and I have more to say about that later. No, what we are currently experiencing is not the spontaneous, arbitrary opposition that the NPO is used to: there is a pattern to a lot of the counterproductive behavior we're encountering right now. I noticed it early on and have had my suspicions but could only speculate for that time.

For the last several months the NPO and its friends have been hounded across the NS forums by a group of people tied together by a web of organizations, events, and intentions. Only now and after months of hard work and careful observation has the full story tied together, and I don't plan to waste any more time preparing it for the public eye or waiting to act against the people who have grievously wronged me and my friends and colleagues. If you thought you could assault us repeatedly for months without fear of backlash, you thought wrong. Some people would have balked and cracked under such pressure; however, the devoted members of the NPO are only energized when faced with adversity.

Before I begin I would like to thank Milograd for his contribution to this. You fucked up hard in TSP, pal, but you've committed to the necessary "community service" required of you to rebuild your reputation (rather than adopt the old "quit"-and-rename strategy that I personally detest) and I expect further devotion to this when you (hopefully) return to NS in the future.

Alright. No more rambling. Let's begin with a premise.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

INTRODUCTION AND PREMISE:

I was inclined to ignore much of the petty politics going on these days, but it seems I've been dragged into it on such a high level that I can no longer pretend it doesn't exist. Lately there's been an amount of NPO bashing that I can no longer sit aside and accept as the price we pay for being securely in control of TP and for being united as a group in a game that seems to have turned into a playground for narcissistic individuals who play underhanded social games in NS to fuel their personal power trips.

The unceasing attacks on the NPO's strength and integrity and on its reputation in general these days are stemming from those involved in the "imperialist" group (or "Ondersphere," as it is sometimes called, due to Onder of LKE being an eminent and central social figure within it), which contains individuals from The New Inquisition, the Land of Kings and Emperors, Europeia, and, on a lesser scale, members of Albion and new sinkers Osiris and Balder. Many of the individuals making the PR attacks are "cosmopolitan" in nature and are involved in the governments of many or all of the regions previously named. In fact, those leading these attacks on the NPO tend to have citizenship in most or all of the aforementioned regions. Some of the individuals spearheading these attacks are Cerian Quilor (Commander of UIAF's TNI division, former president and presiding Minister of Foreign Affairs in Europeia, founder and "king" of Kantrias), North East Somerset (Intelligence Director for TNI/LKE/Europeia/Albion, "Vizier of External Strategy" in Osiris [a position gifted to him after the Gatesville coup ended], and Minister of Security in Balder), UIAF member "Captain Apollo," and Europeian delegate SkyDip.

Those not readily associated with the Ondersphere but also making public attacks on the character of the New Pacific Order are Delegate Astarial of Osiris, former Europeian president/current Balder delegate Rachel Anumia, Belschaft, Cormac Stark, "The North Polish Union" (whose main/WA identity remains unknown), and Balder military commander and Osiris "Pesedjet" member and forum administrator Mad Jack/St. George (not a Europeian citizen anymore; apologies for the error). and others who seem to have glommed onto the hate train and are following the examples set by those who they hail as political leaders.

Let us begin with the "Ondersphere." The cold war between the NPO and members of the Ondersphere appears to have been planned by members of the Ondersphere long before it began. The following is a log of a conversation between Unibot and North East Somerset from October 3rd, 2012 (points of interest are bolded):

MSN LOGS FROM: 2012-10-03
NES: Anyway, this is the past, what of the future
Clearly the NPO regard the UDL sphere as a threat. But what of the independent sphere? TNI is at "war" with the UDL. Maybe we are just to small and ill-equipped to have any influence on this all anyway
But the real problem is that members of the UDL-sphere are so anti-independent sphere, and we are so anti-UDL sphere. These squabbles take priority over any wider interests
And thats as much because of your closed-minded labelling of us as evil invaders, as it is our fear of the UDL sphere
I guess you see it as a kind of triangle today: UDL (& defenders)- NPO - Raider barbarians.
The independent sphere is just the modern Gatesville
Unibot: I think both Gatesville and NPO were independent. More so than TNI is or ever will be
NES: Not sure I follow
Unibot: PRP was practically defender
NES: Right, well I just meant they acted as independent powers. Which Gatesville also did. Nothing to do with defender raider labels. Thats irrelevant in this context
Unibot: GV also raided, like TNI does
NES: Sure, but never mind raider-defender stuff right now. I suppose there is room for comparison. GV worked with NPO throughout the struggles of course. They only fell out right at the end after the ADN collapse
Unibot: TNI and NPO could be allies
NES: If history is to repeat itself. Then, yes. If NPO respected TNI' presense in Lazarus or Balder. But history led to years of stagnation and ruined the feeders

Unibot: Which it really has not
NES: It clearly regards TNI as incompetent and unable to hold these places in face of the UDL. Which may or may not be true. I know if I left things to my colleagues we would see a repeat of history. But we could possibly change history, here in this room, in this chat.
NES: Or I could just defect to the UDL... orly But I doubt you'd have me

Note that the previously displayed opinions do not reflect any formal sentiments of the NPO but are purely the inferred conclusions of NES, who states in the log that TNI has an interest in "hold[ing]" sinker regions Balder and Lazarus. NES also claims, towards the end of the following disgustingly obsequious display, that he and some of his cronies consciously pushed UDL members out of Balder (which, while I do not believe that this was the only reason he and other Ondersphere members moved into the region, is most definitely a true statement on its own):

[19:36] NES TNI has never done *anything* against NPO interests.
[19:36] Krulltopia until now
[19:36] NES When?
[19:36] NES What?
[19:37] NES Invading an FRA member region for a single update really can't possibly infringe on NPO interests.
[19:37] Krulltopia Invading a Sinker does
[19:37] NES Again, I'll remind you of the Lazarus invasion, and no action was taken on that.
[19:37] Krulltopia I don't care about the FRA or any of it's ilk
[19:37] Krulltopia remind me when the laz invasion was
[19:37] NES Look, TRR itself invaded a feeder region!
[19:37] NES (It was April 2008)
[19:38] Krulltopia wasn't delegate then
[19:38] NES TRR invaded TSP through Sedge basically.
[19:38] NES TRR are clearly rogue to NPO interests.
[19:38] Krulltopia Sedge invaded, and if you remember correctly, we did not approve
[19:38] NES Indeed, and TNI aided TSP.
[19:38] NES Firstly, they are a member of a userite alliance.
[19:38] NES Which is possibly the most damaging thing possible to NPO.
[19:39] Krulltopia ok, did it possibly even occur to you
[19:39] Krulltopia that staging an invasion of any sinker and feeder might somewhat unsettle us?
[19:39] NES To be honest, no.
[19:39] Krulltopia then there is our problem
[19:39] NES Because, look, as I said, its been done before, and NPO never batted an eyelid regarding Lazarus.
[19:40] Krulltopia what did I just say earlier
[19:40] NES Furthermore, there is the issue that the TRR regime *should* not be regarded as friendly or favourable to NPO interests.
[19:40] NES If you want to put an FRA member region above a friendly ally.
[19:40] NES Then I think thats a grave error of judgement.
[19:41] NES TNI has always been favourable to NPO interests.
[19:41] NES Indeed, there hasn't ever been an occassion where I personally, or indeed Griffin, senior members of TNI, have had any kind of disagreement with NPO.
[19:41] NES We would have considered NPO a reliable ally.
[19:42] NES So its most shocking to see an embassy closure.
[19:42] NES When no other feeders or sinkers have done this.
[19:42] NES None.
[19:46] NES I've actually spoken with other feeders.
[19:47] Krulltopia here's the thing
[19:47] NES No one thinks this makes any sense.
[19:47] Krulltopia I have gotten very, very tired of the Feeders and the Sinkers being treated like some sort of prize
[19:47] NES Just cause NPO has a shared member with TRR.
[19:48] Krulltopia by the FRA, the UDL or any organisation
[19:48] NES Its your job to put your foot down and not let policy get abused.
[19:48] NES Which is obviously what is happenning.
[19:48] NES They are treated exactly like a prize.
[19:48] NES By those orgs.
[19:48] Krulltopia you are not listening
[19:48] NES And over the years.
[19:48] NES Gatesville, GB&I, TNI & other such regions.
[19:48] Krulltopia any organisation
[19:48] NES Have been NPO's greatest friend, in the fight against that.
[19:48] Krulltopia GV has not
[19:49] NES For many years it was.
[19:49] NES Okay, so it failed in the end.
[19:49] Krulltopia They tuerned on us as soon as it was suitable for them to do so
[19:49] NES Right.
[19:49] NES So, the lesson there is that individual regions are as opportunistic as organisations.
[19:49] NES BUT
[19:49] Krulltopia so, why would TNI be any different?
[19:49] Krulltopia how has it shown that?
[19:49] NES Whilst interests overlap, NPO - individual relations are beneficial.
[19:49] NES That is the lesson of histroy.
[19:49] NES *history
[19:50] NES Interests do overlap.
[19:50] NES NPO are fed up with UDL/FRA etc interference in feeders/sinkers because they are orgs and they have a userite agenda.
[19:50] NES TNI are fed up with them because they are defenders.
[19:50] NES Thats how its worked. For years.
[19:51] NES I'm not saying TNI are angels. Or you are angels.
[19:51] NES Everyone is out for themself, this is obvious.
[19:51] NES But why spoil a great mutually beneficial relationship.
[19:52] Krulltopia when was the last time we actually did something together?
[19:52] Krulltopia that conference thing?
[19:52] NES Hmm, what conference?
[19:52] NES lol, cant even remember that.
[19:53] Krulltopia exactly
[19:53] NES But, that doesn't mean you should destroy goodwill.
[19:53] Krulltopia there are some great honking problems here
[19:53] NES I mean, you're yet to make a real argument.
[19:53] Krulltopia mainly due to apathy and such
[19:53] NES GV abandoned NPO years ago.
[19:53] NES Yeah, sure.
[19:53] Krulltopia the thing is, I can't reveal details to you
[19:53] NES But, thats really -not- a reason for this.
[19:54] NES This Jeux guy, is in TRR and NPO. Shared membership.
[19:54] NES I trust you don't let such people have a say in these decisions.
[19:54] Krulltopia I know why this is a problem, but we haven't yet finished rolling out what we intend to do
[19:54] Krulltopia and no, Jeux has nothing to do with the senate nor will he
[19:54] NES Again, look, what I would emphasise is this:
[19:54] NES TNI and NPO have many interests in common.
[19:55] NES And as far as I can see, nothing against each other.
[19:55] NES I mean quite honestly, NPO would be greatly better off if the FRA regime in TRR failed and a Francoist/Feederite system took over.
[19:56] NES And that -is all- we were even hinting at.
[19:56] NES So, of all quarters... it is most surprising to see NPO complaining.
[19:57] Krulltopia ok, see, you keep painting the FRA as a userite org
[19:57] Krulltopia but you seem to forget that is what you are as well
[19:58] NES No, no, thats the key thing.
[19:58] NES I'm not an "org".
[19:58] NES Never have been.
[19:58] NES I've always been against orgs.
[19:58] NES And that's why I've always enjoyed a cordial relationship with NPO/
[19:58] NES Because NPO have been supports of the "individualist" "sovereignty" ideals which I have espoused.
[19:59] NES *supporters
[19:59] Krulltopia urgh, we're going around in circles here
[19:59] NES Because there is a crossover between francoism and "individualism".
[19:59] Krulltopia ok, we have something in the wings
[19:59] NES Self-determination.
[19:59] NES Essentially.
[19:59] NES And so look, I don't know what grand plans you have.
[19:59] Krulltopia which the TRR thing has interfered with
[19:59] NES But, if they involve putting down relations with TNI.
[19:59] NES Then it doesn't sound like a good idea.
[20:00] NES Isolating a stalwart ally against orgs.
[20:00] Krulltopia until now, we haven't really even talked about TNI/NPO relations
[20:00] NES Look, my point then is this
[20:00] NES Is the closure of that embassy essential to NPO?
[20:02] NES Alright... so you have a plan... to remove userite meddling in feeders/sinkers.
[20:02] NES Then, the best place to start would *surely* be TRR...
[20:04] NES *This great thing that you have in the wings. Would you like support with it?*
[20:05] Krulltopia Not yet
[20:06] NES I mean, I hate to regress, and remind you...
[20:06] NES But, I'm not Gatesville.
[20:06] NES (or gates)
[20:06] Krulltopia or dark, or nev, I know
[20:07] NES In 7 years in this game, I haven't put a foot wrong with NPO until this. And I don't really want to start now. As I said, I have always seen the mutual interests between individualism and francoism.
[20:07] NES I mean, I appreciate you might not know me that well, some of your predecessors would better.
[20:08] Krulltopia I'm finding it kind of hard right now to get my thoughts in line and explain our POV
[20:08] NES But, on an ideological basis... I think I can say pretty confidently. That if you are needing to close embassies with pro-NPO sovereign non-defender regions, you're doing something the NPO has never done before.
[20:09] Krulltopia that last bit is kind of interesting
[20:09] Krulltopia 'something the NPO has never done before'
[20:09] NES And after almost a decade of illustrious rule in the Pacific, you know. I think you'd be best sticking to the script.
[20:10] Krulltopia can I ask you something?
[20:10] NES Yes.
[20:10] Krulltopia If TP hadn't have closed the embassy, would you have been talking to me right now?
[20:10] NES No.
[20:10] NES And let me explain why.
[20:10] NES Because I would have presumed NPO didn't have any plans etc.
[20:11] NES Let's not make this a "its my fault for not talking to you".
[20:11] NES You're the one who fricking closed the embassy. Surely that could be said the other way round with a lot more accuracy.
[20:11] NES If you had some interesting plans or stuff, that affect your relationship with us.
[20:11] NES Then why not contact us.
[20:11] NES I'm sure your predecessors would have done so.
[20:12] NES If I had plans which would affect the way we look at NPO, I would do so.
[20:12] NES Again, the reason I wouldn't have been talking to you right now, is because I was aware of no such plans, either way.
[20:15] Krulltopia I wouldn't be sure about the predecessors bit
[20:16] Krulltopia but yes to the communication bit
[20:16] Krulltopia but it did get your attention, it was unexpected
[20:17] NES It got my attention aye.
[20:17] NES I mean, materially, there is no impact.
[20:17] NES Not immediate anyway.
[20:17] NES But, obviously, I do care about this issue or I wouldn't be here now.
[20:17] Krulltopia right
[20:18] NES I guess. The crux of the matter is.
[20:18] NES Why do you care about what happens to your natural enemy.
[20:18] NES This "plan" of yours?
[20:19] NES And any plan of yours... which involves cosying up to regimes like TRR...
[20:19] NES I don't like the sound of at all.
[20:20] NES I'm struggling right now to see how it can even possibly be in NPOs interests.
[20:23] Krulltopia well, I can, but let me make something clear
[20:23] Krulltopia I don't see the FRA as a factor
[20:24] Krulltopia I don't care about them until they actually do something against us
[20:24] Krulltopia I am concerned about the UDL, for example
[20:24] NES Alright.
[20:24] NES I understand.
[20:24] Krulltopia I don't see TRR as a FRA region, I see it as a sinker
[20:25] NES Alright, I can appreciate that. But look at the leadership.
[20:25] NES They are hardly pro-NPO.
[20:25] NES And yes, I can totally understand your viewpoint about the FRA being weak. They are not a threat.
[20:25] NES They were before, but they are weak now, so you don't care anymore.
[20:25] Krulltopia and TNI, TBH and a few others /could/ be
[20:25] NES And you don't like what you see in Balder.
[20:26] NES I understand.
[20:26] NES Completely.
[20:26] Krulltopia I'm not sure you completely do, but you're getting there, which is good
[20:26] NES I haven't gone through 7 years of this game, working and observing the NPO, to not see this.
[20:26] Krulltopia and we've stopped going in circles at least
[20:26] NES I know exactly how it works.
[20:27] NES You are not ideologically committed to one side or the other.
[20:27] Krulltopia No
[20:27] NES You will play both sides.
[20:27] NES You will eliminate what you see as your greatest threat.
[20:27] NES And right now, FRA are in the irrelevant books.
[20:27] NES UDL are in the bad books.
[20:27] NES And TNI are in the dodgy books.
[20:28] NES But. And this is an important but.
[20:29] NES You've been... indirectly or otherwise... how can I put it... talking with the "wrong" people I feel.
[20:30] NES And of course, not really for the first time...
[20:31] NES Alright... how can I explain this...
[20:32] NES The people you are talking to in TRR, Osiris, and what have you. Indirectly and otherwise.
[20:32] NES They may seem like your friends. But trust me, they aren't.
[20:33] NES In fact, they are all part of the same "sphere" of threat to the NPO as the UDL is.
[20:33] NES Now I know the NPO has no problem playing both sides. And it worked with the Gatesville/ADN issue back in the day.
[20:33] NES But I'm worried for your sake that you are actually putting too many eggs in the other cart. Especially because TNI is sort of like the equivalent of GV back then.
[20:34] NES And not only are we not allies, but we're barely even in contact.
[20:35] Krulltopia ok, I do, but you seem to think this externally motivated/influenced one way or another
[20:35] NES No, not exactly.
[20:35] NES I think actually it's more a case of you have seen an opportunity/been offered an opportunity.
[20:35] NES And it's a poisoned chalice.
[20:35] NES But you haven't really realised that yet.
[20:36] Krulltopia for the record, we haven't been offered anything
[20:36] NES For NPO to work with a certain sphere.
[20:36] NES Not formally of course.
[20:37] NES I'm talking about the opportunity to work with an informal sphere to promote NPO interests.
[20:37] NES I wouldn't want to begrudge you that.
[20:37] NES Just as I wouldn't have wanted to begrudge the opportunity for the NPO to play both sides in the past.
[20:37] NES But, I'm saying, what you don't want to be doing is putting too many eggs in the same basket
[20:38] NES Alright, let me say something useful to you rather than blathering on about nonspecifics.
[20:38] NES balder.
[20:38] NES I'd love to "give" you Balder.
[20:39] NES I'd love to see Balder in the safe hands of Francoism.
[20:39] NES I'd love to see a "New Balder Order", if that was practicable to implement, that would be done by now.
[20:39] NES I'm not in Balder to take it over.
[20:39] NES To use it as a trophy.
[20:39] NES Or whatever.
[20:39] NES We went in *solely* to keep UDL/FRA interests out.
[20:40] NES And by "we" I mean me personally, and a few of my userite friends.

[20:40] Krulltopia whatshisname had the same idea
[20:40] Krulltopia yeah I have forgotten the name of the guy I reported
[20:40] NES Hmm?
[20:41] NES Lux.
[20:41] Krulltopia yes
[20:41] NES Yes, well he was crazy.
[20:41] Krulltopia except he wanted you both out
[20:41] NES Anyway, I'm not saying it's practicable.
[20:41] NES I'm just saying self-determination for Balder is the ideal.
[20:42] NES But, when given the option between doing nothing.
[20:42] NES And letting it fall into UDL hands.
[20:42] NES It would be irresponsible to do the latter.
[20:42] NES So in that sense we did feederism a service.
[20:42] NES It's not as if its in our hands anyway.
[20:42] NES We're not using it as a vehicle in any way.
[20:43] Krulltopia ok

Please note again that, once again, NES's unbelievable number of attempts to put words in Krulltopia's mouth do not represent the positions or tendencies of the NPO.

The following is a list of events relevant to the current situation existing between the NPO and the characters from this undeniably extant yet poorly defined (a characteristic which gives this social circle a lot of free range as a political group) area of the game.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm

NAZI EUROPE:

Though there was obviously tension (of which the NPO was not previously aware) between the two groups for some time, there has not been conflict until recently. The catalytic event which led to the hostility we are witnessing today was most certainly the botched NAZI EUROPE invasion, of which neither of the two groups has made public comments on until now. Senator Karpathos had been planning to take NAZI EUROPE for quite some time before it came down to the wire in June (we had an intelligence connection monitoring the absences of the region's delegate). We had approximately 25 to 30 NPO updaters ready for the event, a number that few to no other regions or organizations were able to come up with at the time. A number of groups were included alongside the NPO and the victory was pretty much sealed, assuming the mission was carried out with little to no error. However, Karpathos made the mistake of discretely inviting Astarial and Charles Cerebella to join; word then spread through the "imperialist" social circle and made its way to Jakker of The Black Hawks (it is now known that Asta herself passed the word on to TBH).

The Black Hawks then notified the NPO that they too were planning to attack NAZI EUROPE on the same night at the same time. There is little doubt in my mind that this was coincidental. The NPO, while agitated by the attempt by TBH to be the originators of the idea rather than join the NPO's operation as an associated force, agreed to make the operation a joint effort to further insure its success. Asta was designated as trigger(wo)man and the wait began.

When it came time to assemble for the invasion, TBH had made a number of decisions on which the NPO was not consulted and went so far as to reassign one of the Pacifican Expeditionary Forces' leads (they replaced Aleisyr with Avakael). A large number of TBH leads were assigned and PEF forces were ordered by Jakker to endorse all of these TBH members. When confronted regarding their defiant and questionable decisions, Jakker and Asta avoided addressing the issues. In response to this obvious decision to muscle their way into the mission and then take over, Karpathos and I ordered EPSA and PEF members to withdraw their endorsements from the TBH/imperialist leads. The resulting reaction from Asta and Jakker was explosive. I was the first to withdraw EPSA's endorsements and Asta fiercely accused me (and later Karpathos, the mission's creator) of attempting to sabotage the invasion. TBH leadership stated that if the NPO had an issue with TBH's organization of the mission, that it should be discussed after the mission was completed. No thank you; we don't work like that and we don't bend over for people who are trying to fuck us.

When the time came to jump, TBH leadership gave the command without pinging the room and continued to argue with PEF lead Karpathos in multiple channels outside of the group chat, (intentionally?) distracting him and causing him to jump into NAZI EUROPE approximately 30 seconds late. TBH leadership immediately threw the blame for the mission's failure on PEF lead Karpathos.

We suspect, based on the way that TBH pushed its way into a commanding position after the NPO had done all of the prep work for the invasion, based on their decision to install so many of their own leads during the attack (which they claim was for insuring the success of the mission - a statement I would have been more inclined to believe had they not already acted in a menacing fashion), based on what seemed like a deliberate sabotage on their part of the jump command, and based on the attitude of TBH's leadership throughout the entirety of the mission, that TBH might have attempted to steal the lead from Karpathos after moving into NE, assuming the mission had continued and not been botched by those heading it. We also believe that the jump command was deliberately botched by those who gave it.

After the operation, NPO heard by word of mouth that TBH leadership and associated individuals (Asta and NES specifically) were spreading deprecating remarks on Karpathos's character and about myself via private messages. To this day people from their sphere continue reference this mission as a NPO failure in public.

We also learned that Cerian Quilor accidentally leaked the mission to the FRA by IRC querying Karputsk instead of Karpathos (see "THE EUROPEIAN SUCKER PUNCH").

Now you know how it happened. Come to your own conclusions.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm

GATESVILLE AND THE "UNITED IMPERIAL ARMED FORCES" (UIAF) IN OSIRIS:

The already extant tension between the NPO and players from this social sphere heightened during the Osiris incident. For those that don't know the backstory: The Dourian Embassy lost the election in Osiris and, after a temper tantrum, handed control of his nation (which had already been delegate of the region for some time) to "queen" Nevadar of Gatesville. Nevadar traded the nation back and forth between other members of the Gatesville inner circle for a time and eventually handed it to JAL, whose scripts and expertise as a GCR usurper allowed him to hold the region for approximately a month afterwards.

During this time, UIAF, headed by NES, moved into Osiris and endorsed the usurper delegate. It was a (deliberately, in my opinion) poorly kept rumor that the army was there supposedly to gain influence then turn on the usurper, although the latter never actually happened.

In Lazarus, a motion was started to use the PSSP (Pan-Sinker Security Pact) against them. The PSSP was subsequently dissolved. I've heard Karp's opinion and I've heard Rachel's opinion. I'm inclined to believe both stories: that legitimate Balder/Osiris locals had no faith in the Pact and had been discussing dismissing it for some time beforehand and that "imperialist" plants within both regions wanted to dissolve the PSSP to protect their ilk around the sinkers, a group of regions in which they have established a considerable presence that they do not want challenged. I do not currently possess any information to confirm my suspicions on the PSSP's demise, however, so this is purely speculation. Food for thought. Anyway, continuing...

Much of us suspected that UIAF was in Osiris to play both sides, and this was indeed the case, as illustrated by this log procured by ex-Senator Milograd from a conversation with UIAF Lt. Colonel and TWP commander Archsium (AKA Cassius Cerebella; points of interest are bolded):

04:00 Arch Well, we had a clusterfuck of failures with the liberations
04:00 Milograd i recall
04:00 Arch how that went so horribly wrong I have no idea
04:00 Milograd when i saw that elu blew the trigger
04:00 Milograd we lost our shit
04:00 Arch so did we
04:00 Arch but not laughing
04:00 Milograd lol
04:00 Arch more explosively angry
04:00 Milograd nes was endorsing me for most of the coup in TSP iirc, as arthur something
04:01 Milograd never withdrew the endo, which surprised me
04:01 Milograd (but also not really, he shamelessly plays both sides to his political benefit lols)
04:01 Arch yeah, as I understand it TNI sort of switched sides a few times, and NES is almost impossinble to predict

04:02 Arch I wasnt an officer then, so I have no idea what he was up to
04:02 Milograd tbh my understanding of it is that the leadership doesn't actually give a fuck
04:02 Milograd but has to maintain appearances
04:02 Milograd so stuff like what happened in osi very well could've been shorter
04:03 Arch lawls, I know exactly what happened in Osiris
04:03 Milograd JAL said that he gave them the idea of supporting him and then withdrawing later so that everyone would be happy.
04:03 Arch It's not that they dont give a fuck, its more NES always has a larger plan, usually quite a sinister one
04:04 Arch Well, JAL is more or less right
04:04 Milograd It's impressive.
04:04 Milograd Supporting a coup, making it worse than it ever had to be, and /gaining/ PR points in the end is a ridiculous feat.
04:05 Arch That was NES
04:05 Arch his plan
04:05 Milograd UIAF came out as heroes and are seen as heroes to some, or are at least portrayed that way.
04:05 Arch We basically have enough military strength that we can decide the outcome of any conflict now
04:05 Arch It didnt fool everyone, AMOM still hates us
04:06 Milograd But as a former couper even I can tell that you guys contributed to making it far longer than it ever had to be, and it was obviously intentional. :P
04:06 Milograd Yeah, because AMOM isn't dumb.
04:06 Milograd lol
04:06 Milograd And yeah, UIAF has the power nowadays.
04:06 Arch But every part of Osiris was intentional, yes.
04:07 Arch I'm surprised how many people actually think we care about Osiris

04:07 Milograd Yeah.
04:07 Milograd I was amazed too.
04:07 Milograd Cormac is also a bit ":|".
04:08 Milograd In terms of how blatant he has become.
04:08 Arch Cormac is a bit of a liability tbh
04:08 Milograd I'm sure there is something in it for him behind closed doors, but the extent of his praise of TNI is telling.
04:08 Milograd And yes.
04:09 Milograd NES never ceases to amaze me though.
04:09 Arch Honestly? That was the price for him becoming Pharoah.
04:09 Milograd And hmm?
04:09 Milograd He didn't run against a very strong candidate.
04:10 Arch Yes, but given we ended the conflict we could easily have put someone else in his place
04:10 Milograd Yeah.
04:10 Milograd People are so fucking dumb though.
04:10 Arch Easily manipulated, yes.
04:10 Arch Willing to believe spoon fed lies, yes.

04:11 Milograd If Karpathos had the skill to convey observations articulately, the man would be a godsend.
04:11 Milograd Because tbh he sees a lot of what people don't.
04:11 Milograd But is exceptionally shitty at conveying any of it in a way that is productive.
04:11 Milograd Or can be taken seriously.
04:12 Arch Indeed, all he does is start conflict instead of using his knowledge in a productive way
04:12 Milograd 04:10 Arch Willing to believe spoon fed lies, yes. <<< Admittedly I don't know much about lies as much about angling here.
04:12 Arch Regardless, his "resignation" = operation successful
04:12 Milograd The angling impresses me.
04:13 Milograd The only real lie is that UIAF cared about Osiris and that it did what it could to shorten the coup, afaik.
04:13 Milograd and heh.
04:13 Milograd I have mixed feeligns about his departure.
04:13 Milograd *feeligns
04:13 Milograd *feelings, for fuck's sake
04:13 Milograd On one hand, he is highly dedicated, but on the other, he lacks discipline.
04:14 Arch He was a problem for us really, so his departure is a good thing. Though at the same time, at least we knew where he stood, while the rest of the senate is harder to predict.
04:14 Arch
04:14 Arch so I dont know
04:15 Milograd The NPO Senate is a bizarre institution.
04:15 Milograd Having been in it, briefly, they're a lot more impressive BCD than they'd care to admit.
04:16 Milograd The real problem is Krull and a few of the inactive CNers he put on the Senate during the beginning of his delegacy.
04:18 Milograd Oh, and the other thing I meant to ask, Arch.
04:18 Milograd I talked with JAL a while ago post-Osi about influence formulas (we have a mutual interest in it; I figured out most of them during TSP).
04:19 Milograd He said that UIAF gave him their influence equations and numbers so that he could hold the region longer, and shared a few with me.

04:19 Milograd But I was wondering if you guys knew the equation for passwording a region.
04:19 Milograd That's the one I'm missing.
04:20 Milograd and it's irritating the shit out of me because I have a region that I've been in for a while that I'd quite like to grief.
04:21 Arch We do
04:21 Milograd Is it as simple as the others? >_>
04:21 Milograd (Seriously, the influence equations are stupidly simple.)
04:21 Milograd I'm surprised not as many people haven caught on.
04:21 Milograd *have
04:22 Arch I dont know, I dont have the formula myself. I can possibly get it though
04:22 Milograd Ah.
04:22 Milograd I know the others, just not that one. If you don't know those either I'd be happy to share.
04:22 Milograd Though, I also gotta ask.
04:22 Milograd Why the shit would you trust JAL with that information?
04:23 Arch Not me
04:23 Milograd Ah. He didn't specify who it was.
04:23 Milograd But I was somewhat surprised.
04:23 Arch someone else evidently made that decision, and tbh I didnt know we had shared anything
04:23 Arch Hmmm
04:23 Milograd Since that's pretty useful for his operation.
04:23 Arch So either someone did that without authorisation
04:24 Arch or... NES is up to his tricks

04:24 Milograd Probably the latter, I guess.
04:24 Milograd I can't really imagine anyone who would know it fucking around with it unless they knew what they were doing.
04:24 Milograd And dealing that kind of info is something that falls more so under the sphere of NES' work, which I respect.
04:25 Arch Yeah, only an officer would know, and we are all loyal... that I know of
04:25 Milograd CHRIS IS KARPATHOS
04:25 Arch lawls
04:25 Arch that would be alkward
04:26 Milograd tbh
04:26 Milograd I'm also surprised that NES is just a Vizier in Osiris.
04:26 Milograd I thought he'd go for something more important.
04:26 Milograd And he could've, too, since he was all but the hero.
04:26 Arch Why? He doesnt need an official role at all, he controls the region anyway behind the scenes
04:27 Arch NES is more a rule from the shadows type

04:27 Milograd Direct authority helps, in case things crumble.
04:27 Milograd And ruling behind the scenes sounds like a Karp conspiracy.
04:27 Milograd Does he actually have sway in Osi to that extent? :|
04:27 Arch Karp isnt always wrong
04:27 Milograd lol
04:28 Arch I dont know exactly how much control he has, only he would know that
04:28 Milograd Yeah.
04:28 Arch He's rather secretive
04:29 Arch But I will ask about the formula, see if I can get it
04:29 Milograd I'd appreciate that.
04:30 Arch So, you dont like Krull then?
04:30 Milograd Not really.
04:31 Milograd He's not very active and he's too sensitive to be a capable leader.
04:31 Milograd He has his strengths, in fairness.
04:31 Arch Thin skinned?
04:31 Milograd But not enough to warrant the delegacy.
04:31 Milograd Yeah.
04:31 Arch Doesnt take criticism well then I take it?
04:32 Milograd p. much
04:32 Milograd on an unrelated but kind of related note, i never actually learned your main nation. i just know you as your TWP one
04:33 Arch What makes you think my TWP one isnt my main nation?
04:33 Milograd No one's nation in TWP is their man. >_>
04:33 Milograd shit, even AGP
04:33 Milograd lol
04:33 Arch lols
04:33 Arch well shit
04:34 Arch youre right then
04:34 Milograd Westwind is AGP's main, Wickedly Evil is Eli's main, Eureka is Winnipeg's main, TAO is everywhere, I'm Pestarzt, PnS is everywhere, Phanari is Karpathos
04:34 Milograd karland is in equilism
04:34 Milograd prison grove is chaucerin
04:35 Milograd khark's actual nation is in osi
04:35 Milograd *Eli is Wickedly's main
04:35 Arch I didnt actually know Phanari was karp
04:35 Arch think of all the trolling I could have done!
04:35 Milograd lol
04:35 Arch D:
04:35 Milograd Neither did I until recently.
04:36 Arch I imagine West knew
04:36 Milograd Prolly.
04:36 Arch anyway, my main nation as such is in Albion

The following, also provided by Milograd, is an IRC log of a conversation with usurper delegate JAL. The facts given in the previous log are simply reinforced by this discussion.

01:00 omgitsjackwtf: yeah it's pretty simple
01:00 omgitsjackwtf: seems bulletproof accurate too
01:00 omgitsjackwtf: admittedly, I had help figuring this out :P
01:01 omgitsjackwtf: GV and I had a lot of secret support for the coup there
01:02 @Milograd: I'm not surprised.
01:02 @Milograd: How extensive did it get? Like TSP?
01:03 @Milograd: I would imagine more b/c it was longer.
01:04 omgitsjackwtf: well, actually a bit less I think. certainly, we had no major regions publicly declare for us, and even NPO and TWP were strongly against
01:04 omgitsjackwtf: but we had a bunch of support from individuals
01:04 @Milograd: ah
01:04 omgitsjackwtf: and from the Imperialists, but don't tell the NPO that please @_@
01:04 @Milograd: don't care tbh
01:04 @Milograd: the imp thing is dumb
01:05 omgitsjackwtf: it was basically my idea to have them move in for a month, then switch sides to save face after i got bored
01:05 @Milograd: lol
01:05 omgitsjackwtf: they are annoyingly concerned with image, however
01:05 @Milograd: most imperialists are
01:05 omgitsjackwtf: it never used to be that way
01:05 omgitsjackwtf: they were the go-to people for all coups
01:06 @Milograd: it's a shame
01:06 @Milograd: but they helped with the influence stuff?
01:06 omgitsjackwtf: yeah :P
01:06 @Milograd: nic
01:06 @Milograd: *nice
01:06 omgitsjackwtf: inasmuch as they gave me the equations
01:06 omgitsjackwtf: <_>
01:06 @Milograd: huh, didn't realize they knew them, but not totally surprised either
01:06 omgitsjackwtf: I had never really bothered trying to derive them, because I had gotten so good at estimating things
01:07 @Milograd: it's a bit of a shame that they're the better players in the game at the moment
01:07 @Milograd: don't make the most of their talents
01:07 omgitsjackwtf: exactly
01:07 omgitsjackwtf: they have a ton of power they'll never actually use...
01:07 @Milograd: like karp goes off about that balder shit
01:07 @Milograd: but honestly, they don't have that as choked down as they could
01:08 @Milograd: and if they played lazarus right they could basically make it theirs
01:08 omgitsjackwtf: yup
01:08 omgitsjackwtf: they have a lot of manpower
01:09 omgitsjackwtf: also, Rachel has this annoying independent streak...
01:09 omgitsjackwtf: but yeah, if I were them, I'd focus on Lazarus
01:09 @Milograd: rach irritates me as a player
01:09 omgitsjackwtf: she has become very image conscious
01:09 @Milograd: yes
01:09 omgitsjackwtf: as has Cerebella
01:09 @Milograd: people who care too much about their images
01:09 @Milograd: annoy me
01:09 @Milograd: lol
01:09 omgitsjackwtf: yurp
01:10 @Milograd: biyah gets a lot of crap but he and his guys don't mind doing shit at times <_<
01:10 omgitsjackwtf: that is true
01:10 @Milograd: which is far more entertaining to me than, like, what balder does
01:10 omgitsjackwtf: Balder is just there as an imperialist station
01:10 omgitsjackwtf: and even that is questionable at this point
01:10 @Milograd: it's an imperialist summer home
01:10 @Milograd: and they invite falc
01:10 @Milograd: basically
01:11 @Milograd: and a few other feeder players
01:11 @Milograd: as guests :v
01:11 omgitsjackwtf: yup
01:11 omgitsjackwtf: Falc plays along...
01:11 omgitsjack :P

These logs are hard evidence of a power play by UIAF in Osiris and shows not only that they acted the way they did to secure a dominant position within the region but that they even went so far as to willingly share technology (influence equations) with usurper delegate JAL to enable him to extend his reign. As I said to Charles Cerebella before I knew for certain that he had been in touch with Cormac Stark the entire time:

[7/21/2013 1:26:22 PM] AMOM: Here's my comment
[7/21/2013 1:26:27 PM] AMOM: The most you could do to "help"
[7/21/2013 1:26:29 PM] AMOM: is to get out.

...but, as we know, UIAF chose to play double agent even through the resolution of the conflict. Insult was added to injury as their crimes were hailed as acts of heroism by former (and now failed) Osiris delegate Cormac Stark (who gets his own special place in this release for his own backhanded, subservient, and self-centered behavior throughout all of this), who caved in to his "deal" with Gatesville rather than end the struggle with a true victory against the oppressors (which could have been done and would have forced UIAF to pick a side before the conflict's resolution). Although Cormac backpedaled on his (insincere, I certainly hope) intentions to uphold the deal I still frown upon the solution. The very fact that Cormac and by extension the government of Osiris completed negotiations with the Gatesville terrorists to make them willingly yield is unto itself a sort of victory for Gatesville.

This next section is a continuation of the Osiris story but is centered around former delegate Cormac Stark.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm

CORMAC:

It's very obvious now that all of our suspicions have been spot-on when it comes to Cormac. He was TNI's fool throughout all of the Osiris incident. He privately regretted involving them in the efforts to end the coup and yet continued to be their stooge afterwards, even until now (we'll see how his tune changes after reading the logs provided to us by Milograd). I should never have been so reasonable with him when I invited him to TP's forum to discuss Karpathos's behavior and even my own attitude with the Senate.

In fact, Cormac had the gall to come to our forum and threaten the entire Senate with blackmail when he had a personal issue with former Senator Karpathos:

[7:07pm] Cormac: At least I have the balls to threaten you to your face.
[7:08pm] Karpathos: Anything I haven't said to you already?
[7:09pm] Cormac: If you release those logs, Karpathos, there's no telling what logs might come out. Just on my end I have the Lazarus logs, which while Feux might find them hilarious, Krulltopia - who is also in them, saying if they coup Lazarus to make sure he can claim ignorance - likely won't find them as funny.
[7:10pm] Cormac: I also have logs of AMOM talking about how he's thinking about leaving TEP because he's unhappy with their treaty with the UDL.
[7:10pm] Karpathos: so?
[7:10pm] Cormac: And that's just that I know of, I haven't gone back through all of my NPO logs.
[7:10pm] Karpathos: Like I said on GP, they're dated
[7:10pm] Cormac: And that's also just me. Care to consider how many logs people better than intelligence than I am have?
[7:10pm] Cormac: Those Lazarus logs are never outdated, believe me.
[7:12pm] Cormac: Mind you, I don't have any desire to post any logs of any kind. I already said what I wanted in the message I sent to Krull and copied to you and AMOM. But if I, and Osiris, are going to continue to be treated like an enemy, we can be an enemy. And you will not like it.

As you probably know, Cormac posted these logs fairly recently in a random attack on current members of the NPO leadership. They proved to be rather unimpressive.

...so I will reiterate. We went in with everything we had to save your sorry ass, Cormac, and you repaid us all not by claiming a victory for your GCR and then empowering its local and loyal community, but by being an underhanded sell-out who gifted a government position to one of the people who fucked you over. You misused the power invested in you by Osiris and you betrayed the entirely good intentions of your real allies.

Oh, and as a side note, you betrayed the NPO. Your admission was yet another mistake of the Gaspo era. You witnessed his corruption and, rather than stick it out and fight it like a true NPO member would, you took (worthless) logs from conversations with him to use against us later and left. You are a noncontributing snake and I am glad to see you leave.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:47 pm

THE EUROPEIAN SUCKER PUNCH:

The NPO's PR was further attacked and insulted by Cerian Quilor and much of the Europeian government with the creation of this thread, during which Cerian Quilor cast aspersions on the NPO after slyly coming to Karpathos privately as a reasonable, friendly face. Those who proceeded to pile the melodramatic attempt to damage Pacifican PR were "The North Polish Union" and "Skizzy Grey."

The following quotes are cut from Quilor's conversation with Karpathos before the posting of this thread:

[7/24/13 10:18:19 AM] Cerian Quilor: The alliance we have with the NPO is good for Europeia, IMO, and as President, that's what I put first - my region, not my personal views.
. . .
[7/24/13 10:19:59 AM] Cerian Quilor: I imagine so. I didn't think you were personally hurt. :P
We want to have good relations with the NPO. We want to see the GCRs remain independant, and the NPO does as well, so we have a common ties of interest here
. . .
[7/24/13 10:26:10 AM] Karpathos: Ok. Perhaps an update is in order.
[7/24/13 10:26:28 AM] Cerian Quilor: Sounds like a worthwhile idea.
. . .
[7/24/13 10:54:14 AM] Cerian Quilor: Np (about the phone)
Because we're 'Imperialist'? (we're not). And Europeia has deployed its forces into Osiris to support the previous, legitimate government.
We've seen zero communication from the NPO as well, bar the times we've helped on NE a few times (actually, I don't know if it was the NPO or someone else who asked us in, when we came in those times), and one time we went into help shore up Krulltopia, when we were asked to, b/c, IIRC, there was worry some raiders would, to embaress the NPO, would put one of the other people allowed to have high endocounts into the delegacy, or something. That's what I was told the NPO told Europeia, anyway.
I'm aware of that. I'm not holding that against you guys. Some of us do, and I appreciate the feeling of annoyance you have. He was, however, a PNG. I mean, suppose TSP sent Antariel to be their ambassador to you? I can assume you'd not be thrilled. (He's the guy who made that half-assed coup attempt, right?). Still, we could have handled it better, I'm quite positive.
I appreciate that there hasn't been much communication, and I want to try and fix that. Which is why I'm having this discussion with you now, and why I'm very interested in engaging in military co-operation with the NPO. Hard to do that while Osiris is where we are committing most of our forces, true, but I'm still interested in such co-operation.
. . .
[7/24/13 11:24:41 AM] Karpathos: Krull has always said nice things about Euro and considered them as friends
[7/24/13 11:24:54 AM] Karpathos: but we're a new group now
[7/24/13 11:24:59 AM] Cerian Quilor: and definately. I see the need to make sure the NPO is on board with it.
[7/24/13 11:25:00 AM] Karpathos: We'll have to re-ratify
[7/24/13 11:25:02 AM] Cerian Quilor: I grasp that.
[7/24/13 11:25:07 AM] Cerian Quilor: Not a problem. :)
[7/24/13 11:25:17 AM] Cerian Quilor: if you guys would like to amend it, just tell me
[7/24/13 11:25:22 AM] Cerian Quilor: and we'll see what we can do
. . .
[7/24/13 11:28:35 AM] Karpathos: NE was fuckup all around, btw
[7/24/13 11:28:46 AM] Karpathos: Wasn't all on me you asshole
[7/24/13 11:28:47 AM] Cerian Quilor: I appreciate that. It wasn't all on you..
[7/24/13 11:28:50 AM] Cerian Quilor: I know
[7/24/13 11:28:52 AM] Karpathos: :-p
[7/24/13 11:28:54 AM] Cerian Quilor: :P
[7/24/13 11:28:54 AM] Karpathos: ok
[7/24/13 11:29:17 AM] Karpathos: I heard one of your guys leaked to the FRA?
[7/24/13 11:29:30 AM] Karpathos: one of the imps, iirc
[7/24/13 11:30:44 AM] Cerian Quilor: No. Actually, its that rather embarrasing thing I referred to. I mistook the screename 'Karp' for Karpathos, on IRC, rather than Karputsk.
If I'd remembered my own failure (I try not to remember my failures :P), I'd have not said what I said
[7/24/13 11:31:05 AM] Karpathos: ahhhhhhhhhhhh
. . .
[7/27/13 7:09:38 PM] Karpathos: So why now have you decided to pursue Euro-NPO relations?
[7/27/13 7:10:55 PM] Cerian Quilor: but I know things don't always work perfectly.
Because things have been getting progressively more strained in some circiles in Europeia regarding the NPO, and I wanted to see if this could we could salvage this relationship. Call it a degree of selfishness, but I didn't want to be seen as a President who saw an important alliance go down in flames on his watch without even trying to keep it intact.
[7/27/13 7:11:39 PM] Karpathos: I've noticed a growing anti-NPO sentiment amonst the imperialist circles
[7/27/13 7:14:27 PM] Cerian Quilor: Europeia is not Imperialist. and the NPO rubs a lot of people the wrong way, for a variety of reasons. The people in Europeia who dislike the NPO are predominantly that way not because of any connection to Imperialist powers, but because of a series of what they see as snubs from the NPO. This is not to say that they are correct in this perception, but they certainly see if that way.
[7/27/13 7:14:52 PM] Karpathos: snubs?
[7/27/13 7:14:55 PM] Karpathos: do tell
[7/27/13 7:14:55 PM] Cerian Quilor: snubs to Europiea**
I don't see what the NPO has done as subbing
[7/27/13 7:15:18 PM] Cerian Quilor: Some people have argued the NPO joining SovCon was a snub. Personally
[7/27/13 7:15:24 PM] Cerian Quilor: I haven't the slightest idea why
[7/27/13 7:15:26 PM] Cerian Quilor: they do.
[7/27/13 7:15:31 PM] Karpathos: Is Elias Greyjoy part of Euro?
[7/27/13 7:19:42 PM] Cerian Quilor: He is. And I've mde clear the issues he did wrong. I've pointed out to the critics of the NPO that Europiea is hardly blameless, and pointed to Elias as an Example. And I've reprimanded him about it.
There's also some who viewed Milograd as Ambassador as a deliberate snub (again, without justification I feel) and more generally, the whole Milograd promotion thing in the NPO as proof that the NPO isnt the kind of ally we want. They know the details of the story as you told me, but once people get an idea in their head, it tends to stick around, as I'm sure you know, and is hard to dislodge.
I don't want to end this alliance, because I see there's still plenty of room for us to work together, on Anti-Nazi issues, on helping to promote GCR independance, possibly other areas (far as I can tell, neither of us are that fond of the UDL, for example). That's wy I'm trying to keep it together, if we can practicably do it.

Other Europeians "r3naissanc3r," Mad Jack (also located in Osiris), and SkyDip have been vehemently opposing the NPO lately. You wrote my commendation, SkyDip. We were once quite friendly. I'm sad to see that you became my enemy when my back was turned, but I won't hesitate to fight you.

It would only be sportsmanlike for us to punch back. The next log was handed to Karpathos by Europeian delegate SkyDip while said individual was attempting to troll or fish for information from the NPO Senator. Honestly, you people grievously underestimate Karp.

r3naissanc3r Apr 22 2013, 09:51 AM
Regarding NPO, Karpathos (who I think is their military commander but I may be mistaken; he is certainly SovCon's commander) has expressed his support for the coup. Gaspo has also been sympathetic towards Milograd's protest, though he has avoided to make any public statement of support.
--
Elias Greyjoy Apr 22 2013, 10:14 AM
Who is that?
--
Common-Sense Politics Apr 22 2013, 10:23 AM
Confirmed, NPO's military Commander. You need to get in contact with him.
--
Elias Greyjoy Apr 22 2013, 10:26 AM
Should I have heard of him?

There are only implications to be pulled from it, but the implications are obvious: Euro was looking into supporting Milograd's coup in TSP on the down-low. I believe I have conclusive logs for this though they're buried somewhere; we'll have to do a bit more digging, but I'm sure something will turn up. Consider this a teaser and stay tuned.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:48 pm

CONDEMN THE NEW INQUISITION:

Condemn TNI was a litmus test prepared by Karpathos and some unnamed affiliates which was created independently of the New Pacific Order (though I personally was aware of the fact that it was being created and chose to ignore it and wait to see the finished result). The writers knew it would fail. In retrospect, however, I should have played an overseeing role in its creation and promotion; it needed to be stronger to draw the Ondersphere vote piler puppets out of the woodwork in the GCRs they inhabit (one of the actions we were hoping to see during the voting) and inflammatory, inappropriate clauses such as the "satellite region Balder" clause should have been removed.

A small handful of GCR delegates are rumored to have accepted stamps as bribes to insure their votes against the condemnation. This remains a rumor, however. If anyone has any conclusive evidence that could prove or disprove this theory they are strongly encouraged to come forward.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

BALDER:

The following is not a release of formerly classified intelligence but my own personal comments on public information.

I respect the attempts of delegate Rachel (Solorni) to distance herself from this group and adopt an individualist approach to building the region. I have been frustrated with her general aggressiveness towards the NPO lately but she tells me this was in direct retaliation to Karpathos's aggressiveness and to the insult made in TNI's failed condemnation. If this is the case then her frustration is perfectly understandable.

As for the aforementioned "insult:" I would not go so far as to call Balder a "satellite" of TNI. I do believe, however, that there is a level of Ondersphere corruption extant within its government. Conspirators NES and r3naissanc3r (mentioned earlier in this release) have been made forum administrators there. NES retains his position as Minister of Security. Charles Cerebella of UIAF retains citizenship and influences the WA voting of the delegate (particularly on SC resolutions that interest him), as does UIAF member Captain Apollo, aforementioned citizens NES and r3n, as well as a number of unidentifiable personas whose WA nations are not specified. I will also note that the vast majority of participants in the government have no World Assembly nation within Balder itself and participate very heavily in foreign militaries, although sport a regionalist attitude when talking about Balder as if it their one true home (among many others...).

Not all of you who fit the first half of that description tote along the obnoxious, pseudo-regionalist attitude, but for those of you who do: please, if you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Or go the "cosmopolitan" route and at least be honest about your pan-regional identity crisis ... or your power-hoarding agenda. Whatever the dilemma may be.

That is my comment on Balder.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

OSIRIS:

My current comments on Osiris will be sparse until I see how Astarial's "coup" pans out. That being said, I have a number of observations to make on this region, which has been the focus of attention for the last few months now. Asta has been of questionable character. Biyah hounded Zaolat out of the region for what I've come to understand was a personal issue. NES, of course, is a traitor and a criminal. I'm curious as to how those not directly backed by UIAF and the Ondersphere will carry themselves in the days to come.

If the populace of Osiris truly supports this change of pace, I will not argue with it. I'm curious as to how the region will respond to the release of some of this information, though. This change in the region's style of governance could be a new "August Revolution" ... or the birth of a new "Empire."

We shall see.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:50 pm

THE CHALLENGE:

NES was recently gloating to Karpathos in a private chat about how the NPO couldn't win a PR war with TNI and its pals. I accept your challenge, NES. From now on, you'll not be strategically trolling Karpathos in attempts to get him to run his mouth and playing from the shadows (ironically, some of your ilk have fed Karpathos useful information while trying to do this). No, this is out of your comfort zone now. You will be forced into the spotlight on the tip of my spear, answering to my calculated accusations, floundering while your misdeeds and missteps are thrown onto the table for everyone to see. Let's find out if you pale when challenged openly, directly, and with a force you neither expected nor prepared for. If you nervously waned during this conversation which occurred after The Dourian Embassy was thrown out of Osiris (pasted below), I can't imagine how you'll be able to deal with what I'm doing here and what is about to happen.

17:00:27: <Karpathos> NES so quiet now
17:00:35: <Karpathos> not like him
17:00:37: <Karpathos> :-(
17:01:02: <nes> Hai
17:01:08: <nes> Wassup?
17:01:41: <amom> Well what's there to be loud about when one is bested?
17:01:52: <amom> Hmmmmmm?
17:02:46: <nes> Bested?
17:06:12: <amom> Don't play dumb or pretend to be our pal, NES. You can't talk shit about the NPO behind its back and expect word not to find its way to us.
17:06:26: <amom> Or are you suddenly our friend again now that there's no more imperialist leverage over Osi?
17:07:24: <nes> There was never any leverage.
17:07:40: <nes> Osiris is an independent region and we are focussed on engaging with all our partners positively.
17:08:46: <nes> As is Balder incidentally :p
17:09:14: <Solm> The latter then, AMOM :P
17:09:38: <amom> Obviously. Heh.
17:11:09: <Cormac> Leverage? The UIAF helped us get our Delegacy back. It's thanks in large part to them that this maneuver was even possible today. They haven't been leveraging anything, against us anyway, and have been partners with us every step of the way.
17:11:26: <amom> Right.
17:11:47: <nes> Yep. :)
17:11:55: <nes> NPO support is appreciated too.
17:12:37: <Karpathos> NPO is gonna support you alright
17:12:38: <Karpathos> all the way to TRR
17:12:39: <Karpathos> fake-ass james bond wannabe

As I speak, NPO Senator and Lazarus Delegate Feux is enacting his retaliation against you and the UIAF for your crimes. Queen Viktoria of TNI (AKA "Griffin Somerset" in Lazarus) has long been planted in that region and has, for the past year, been using her large influence level and high endorsement count to threaten Feux's position while being backed by Ondersphere "imperialists" like NES and Charles Cerebella.

She will not be present there for much longer. Neither will NES or any other UIAF stooge. Your hours are limited.

Those of you who stand with us, those of you who sympathize with the cause of legitimate, local, fair, and free governance of your regions, make your voices heard. Renounce any ties you may hold to these scheming, power-hoarding usurpers and stand by those who believe that an abuse of the power and trust invested in you is a betrayal that should never go unpunished. Purge your regions of the Userite menace which festers within them.

Stand by the "imperialists," align yourself with their goals, their treachery, their treason, their shifty politics, and you will henceforth be our enemy. With that irreversible status comes our unyielding wrath.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

CONCLUSION:

In truth, I would not call the members of the Ondersphere "imperialists," hence my usage of quotation marks throughout this release. A true imperialist has no need for the moral higher ground or for social connections within governments to give them pull. A true imperialist has simply the will and numbers to achieve what he wants: he moves in, he takes over by force, he reforms the government in the image of his own, and he subjugates those he has conquered. These "Ondersphere" players do not follow this archetype; they slither into GCRs as citizens of the upstanding government, they push their opinions on others in private conversations to bend them to their will, they establish (flimsy, as evidenced by the many petty spats between them) social circles that revolve around gaining influence in specific areas and pushing out other people that they view as threats to their supremacy, and they gather meaningless titles of nobility that give them the illusion of some form of executive authority.

The exception to this and the only true power the Ondersphere wields is the UIAF, which could be considered an imperialist army if it was ever truly used to that end and not simply an extension of the group's political machine. Another exception is that of Viktoria in Lazarus, but that will be erased soon enough. No, these people are not imperialists. They are infiltrators.

Those who have worked with closely members of the NPO know that we exercise a level of professionalism and discretion that far exceeds anything this group of weaseling, backstabbing, two-faced politicians understands. To our cause and to the regions we choose to inhabit we maintain a level of loyalty so genuine that it is beyond the conception of groveling, power-hoarding socialites like North East Somerset. You very clearly regard us as enemies; stop hiding behind ambiguous conversation and passive-aggressive PR tactics. If you want a war with the NPO and its allies, declare war on the NPO. If you want polarization in the GCRs, get loud and show us which regions you've sunk your claws into so that we may disregard them as corrupted and call for the revolution of the true Feederites within them.

We're through playing your petty social games. The NPO has no patience or appetite for bullshit. You are a friend, you are an enemy, or are you are unconnected. You cannot pretend to be more than one of those things.

I don't hope to play this game for a hell of a lot longer, but I also don't plan on seeing these cocky, entitled meddlers take over the areas I worked hard to help establish. Do the right thing: run them out on a rail.
~ AMOM o/
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

SUMMARY:

TNI has long been expecting a struggle with the NPO and those aligned with it.

NES and affiliated Ondersphere members deliberately hounded UDL members out of Balder.

Ondersphere unprofessionalism led to the failure of the NAZI EUROPE invasion's jump and resulted directly in the mission being leaked to the FRA.

UIAF extended JAL's reign in Osiris by giving him both endorsements and influence equations. UIAF played both sides right through the resolution of the conflict there.

Cormac Stark was uncomfortable with UIAF but continued to hail them as heroes after GV was defeated.

Cormac Stark gifted NES a cabinet position in Osiris after the GV conflict ended.

Europeia sucker-punched the NPO with this PR attack, which came out of the blue, and is most likely connected to much of the anti-NPO activity emanating from the Ondersphere lately and all of the accompanying corruption.

Europeia sought to get in touch with Karpathos during Milograd's coup in TSP, most likely to support the rogue delegate.

NES and his crew of spies and snakes have established themselves in various GCRs, but primarily in the sinker regions of Osiris, Balder, and Lazarus.

"Queen Viktoria," NES, and other UIAF traitors will be have been banjected from Lazarus.

Delegate Feux of Lazarus has announced his resignation.

Those who stand behind the cause of sovereign rule in the GCRs are called to come forward and sever their ties with the Ondersphere if they maintain any. Corruption is to be purged from our midst.
Last edited by A mean old man on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:51 pm

...and I would appreciate if everyone who likes to post before they read would erase their comments which are disrupting my release's progression.

EDIT: fixed by mod. Thanks.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leaky Leaky Lemon Squeaky
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Leaky Leaky Lemon Squeaky » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:58 pm

A mean old man wrote:...and I would appreciate if everyone who likes to post before they read would erase their comments which are disrupting my release's progression.

Yup, perms and such are distracting. My apologies. Gotta learn this GP etiquette. Apart from embassy posts, not much involvement.

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm

too late... you guys have already lost Balder and Osiris anyway... lol. The NPO has Lazarus but is seemingly incapable of doing anything with it.

also, whatever logs where I was supposedly involved, were faked.
Last edited by Durkadurkiranistan II on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:too late... you guys have already lost Balder and Osiris anyway... lol. The NPO has Lazarus but is seemingly incapable of doing anything with it.

The NPO does not claim and utilize regions. The fact that we are not "doing anything with" Lazarus ironically weakens your argument that "the NPO has Lazarus."

Oh, and I was once again guilty of mistaking you for Mad Jack in #balder the other day. Wouldn't have bothered getting annoyed with you had I remembered who you were.
Last edited by A mean old man on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Is this the best you can do? And people said my logs were uneventful.

Your logs don't even show what they claim to show regarding the UIAF, and more importantly they don't show me saying that I was uncomfortable with the UIAF being in Osiris at all. That's probably because I wasn't uncomfortable with the UIAF being in Osiris given that they were the ones with the only strategy that could actually end the coup, and they did in fact end the coup. I'm sorry that the NPO playing both sides wasn't quite as effective and you guys didn't get the glory.

I eagerly await the condemnations for publicly posting logs.

Cerlon
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerlon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Cormac Stark wrote: That's probably because I wasn't uncomfortable with the UIAF being in Osiris given that they were the ones with the only strategy that could actually end the coup, and they did in fact end the coup.

They had the strategy to end the coup because they're the ones who prolonged it, yeah.

If I am holding a gun to your face, I can use my brilliant strategy of pulling it away eventually, indeed. :lol:
A.K.A. Milograd
Senator of Security, Intelligence and Propaganda of The Pacific
Director of the Pacific News Network (PNN)

Former NPO Puppet WA Delegate of Lazarus, Apparently?
Former NPO Puppet WA Delegate of The South Pacific, Too? Gee, that's pretty harsh.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm

A mean old man wrote:Those not readily associated with the Ondersphere but also making public attacks on the character of the New Pacific Order are Delegate Astarial of Osiris, former Europeian president/current Balder delegate Rachel Anumia, Belschaft, Cormac Stark, "The North Polish Union" (whose main/WA identity remains unknown) and others who seem to have glommed onto the hate train and are following the examples set by those who they hail as political leaders.

So calling out a (former) leader of the NPO for saying he'd love to grief my region is "glomming onto the hate train" now? Really? :eyebrow:

I would also like to point out that none of my actions are "following the examples set by those who they hail as political leaders" either. I am not, and have never been, politically associated with any one of the other nations or groups mentioned in any of your posts (well, I admit that I did participate in Milo's coup of TSP. But that was purely for lolz :p ).
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

East Jupiter
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby East Jupiter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:Is this the best you can do? And people said my logs were uneventful.

Your logs don't even show what they claim to show regarding the UIAF, and more importantly they don't show me saying that I was uncomfortable with the UIAF being in Osiris at all. That's probably because I wasn't uncomfortable with the UIAF being in Osiris given that they were the ones with the only strategy that could actually end the coup, and they did in fact end the coup. I'm sorry that the NPO playing both sides wasn't quite as effective and you guys didn't get the glory.

I eagerly await the condemnations for publicly posting logs.

I can only hope, for your sake, that the above is a species of deliberate idiocy.

If you are actually being sincere... then I can only shudder.
I wanted to give new GP the shaft, but then I remembered I don't have time for this sh*t anymore.

Outstanding

Karpathos
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Karpathos » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:23 pm

:clap:
Honor Guard to Black adder's cunning plan
The Emmanuel Goldstein of Osiris
Veteran of The Great Patriotic War & the ADN proxy wars
Last Native of Greece
Foremer RLA Red Guard
Former head if he USSR KGB
Forner member of SECO
Froner Lt. in The DEN
[spoiler]So long as there is imperialism in the world, a permanent peace is impossible.
[/spoiler]
Aperi is Aperi.

South Pacific Belschaft
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby South Pacific Belschaft » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:24 pm

I find it interesting how the Delegate of TEP is announcing an imminent purge of Lazarus in a thread titled 'The NPO's Retort', whilst at the same time denying NPO is controlling Lazarus? That seems slightly bizarre.

I also am interested in why I am name-checked in the introduction as an Imperialist propagandist and then never mentioned again. Could you not find any logs of me doing anything at all dodgy? Or was that simply a reference to my predictions of a GCR cold war between NPO and Independent-Imperialist players?
Last edited by South Pacific Belschaft on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELSCHAFT
GUARDIAN OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC

With the cooperation of Federation Forces, all of your bases now belong to us.

East Jupiter
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby East Jupiter » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:25 pm

South Pacific Belschaft wrote:I find it interesting how the Delegate of TEP is announcing an imminent purge of Lazarus in a thread titled 'The NPO's Report', whilst at the same time denying NPO is controlling Lazarus? That seems slightly bizarre.

I also am interested in why I am name-checked in the introduction as an Imperialist propagandist and then never mentioned again. Could you not find any logs of me doing anything at all dodgy? Or was that simply a reference to my predictions of a GCR cold war between NPO and Independent-Imperialist players?

Who are you again?
I wanted to give new GP the shaft, but then I remembered I don't have time for this sh*t anymore.

Outstanding

Hobbesistan
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbesistan » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Interesting.
Hobbes
ra, ra rasputin

(Ret.) Maintainer of the Nationstates FAQ and Deletiger (Ret.) of The East Pacific
russia's greatest

Hobbes is always winning, like Charlie Sheen. - Jurisdictions
love machine

Stop right there (hobbes), your rational thought and intellect will destroy the internet. - Sovreignry
it was a shame how

Giraffes think Hobbes regret a lot. A lot of giraffes do. - Rachel
he carried on.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay