NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High: Prometheus Rising (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Terintania wrote:Also, would the school know about all the people Simon/Shade has murdered, and the fact that he has a psychotic, murdering personality?

He also has a nice one, but that one's not that important for them to know :P

They know, because certain other people know, and those other people would tell them what they wanted to know.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Terintania wrote:Also, would the school know about all the people Simon/Shade has murdered, and the fact that he has a psychotic, murdering personality?

He also has a nice one, but that one's not that important for them to know :P

They know, because certain other people know, and those other people would tell them what they wanted to know.

I know you know I know you know I know you know I know.

Make it stop!
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:10 am

Gentlemen... BEHOLD! MY SHITTY PAINT SKILLS!
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:52 am

Orinon wrote:Gentlemen... BEHOLD! MY SHITTY PAINT SKILLS!

It would be rather funny of Corrian writes the response as though Cassie saw the image as you drew it, deliberate MS Paint strokes and all.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:55 am

Orinon wrote:Gentlemen... BEHOLD! MY SHITTY PAINT SKILLS!

I wouldn't do any better, if that makes you feel better:P

I'll try and get a post up later. Got 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night, then woke up and couldn't fall back asleep, and THEN went and played Saints Row: The Third for hours. Right now I am going to go back to bed and then I'm going to the place I volunteer at, and THEN maybe post if I don't pass out again.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am

Name: Jordan Ruby, AKA The Shadow
Nationality: Australian
Height: 199cm
Weight: 67kg
Hair: Brown, ragged, medium-length, clean-shaven.
Eyes: Green
Costume: Black Trench coat, Black fedora, Black Bandana over mouth, Black Cargo Pants, Grey T-shirt, Sunglasses.
Abilities: While not superhuman, he is an excellent martial artist, and is extremely fit and durable. He is quite smart, and can make decisions very fast. He is agile and stealthy, but not amazingly strong. He doesn't kill, and so carries two industrial one handed super soakers filled with capsisum spray, two blunt batons, a knife, which is more of a tool than a weapon, and several smoke bombs, some with added red hot peppers to create a burning effect on the victim. He meditates often, giving him a clear mind during action. He also has skills in first aid, basic craftsmanship, and psychology.
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Jordan was 13 when he decided to take action. Nobody else was cleaning up the streets of Melbourne, so he did. He already had basic skills, but he pushed himself to the limit training for a year and a half, all the while getting his costume ready. He failed at first, narrowly escaping some drunken thieves, but as he grew, he became better at what he did. He was the star of Melbourne, going by the name "The Shadow." It wasn't all fighting crime. There was the helping the homeless, helping old ladies cross the road. But Jordan lived for the action. When Superhero High School opened, he applied right away. Though he was bullied by some superhumans at first, he eventually earned respect. He wishes to achieve superhuman abilities, and has his eyes set on learning to teleport, but he honestly doesn't think it will happen.
Last edited by United Martains on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:43 am

United Martains wrote:
Name: Jordan Ruby, AKA The Shadow
Nationality: Australian
Height: 199cm
Weight: 67kg
Hair: Brown, ragged, medium-length, clean-shaven.
Eyes: Green
Costume: Black Trench coat, Black fedora, Black Bandana over mouth, Black Cargo Pants, Grey T-shirt, Sunglasses.
Abilities: While not superhuman, he is an excellent martial artist, and is extremely fit and durable. He is quite smart, and can make decisions very fast. He is agile and stealthy, but not amazingly strong. He doesn't kill, and so carries two industrial one handed super soakers filled with capsisum spray, two blunt batons, a knife, which is more of a tool than a weapon, and several smoke bombs, some with added red hot peppers to create a burning effect on the victim. He meditates often, giving him a clear mind during action. He also has skills in first aid, basic craftsmanship, and psychology.
Dorm: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Jordan was 13 when he decided to take action. Nobody else was cleaning up the streets of Melbourne, so he did. He already had basic skills, but he pushed himself to the limit training for a year and a half, all the while getting his costume ready. He failed at first, narrowly escaping some drunken thieves, but as he grew, he became better at what he did. He was the star of Melbourne, going by the name "The Shadow." It wasn't all fighting crime. There was the helping the homeless, helping old ladies cross the road. But Jordan lived for the action. When Superhero High School opened, he applied right away. Though he was bullied by some superhumans at first, he eventually earned respect. He wishes to achieve superhuman abilities, and has his eyes set on learning to teleport, but he honestly doesn't think it will happen.

Accepted.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I am planning to end the current day soonish, within a few days, and then do a short time skip until the following day for a class or two. Then a longer timeskip will happen.

Just letting you all know.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:I am planning to end the current day soonish, within a few days, and then do a short time skip until the following day for a class or two. Then a longer timeskip will happen.

Just letting you all know.

OK

I call first class!

Also, I'm curious as to what a student with what appears to be no superpowers is doing in a school for people with superpowers :P
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:24 pm

Time to get my evil on! *Rubs hands together evily*
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:00 pm

My Last.FM and RYM

Retro Frost
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Retro Frost » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 pm

Corrian wrote:Since there's a conversation about engines and space craft stuff...

Nah man that not as cool as this crazy piece of work. This is beautiful crazy at it's best. http://www.merkle.com/pluto/pluto.html
If it doesn't work add more struts, If that doesn't work add even more struts.

United Martains
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Martains » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:00 pm

So, I'm new to this thread..
Can somebody quickly summarise everything that's happened?
"The best attack is a good defense... wait, what?"
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:25 pm

United Martains wrote:So, I'm new to this thread..
Can somebody quickly summarise everything that's happened?

Well, it's not really important to know what's happened so far in this RP, because it doesn't really influence what your character would be doing.

What you should pay attention to before your post is what's going on at the moment, like the fact that there's a bunch of people in the Gym and that it's a day off, so there's no classes today.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:41 pm

I just realized something. Apparently Cassie was extremely bored in the hospital or something, because she found all sorts of weird obscure music I've found over like, a year 1/2 to 2 years in about a month of being in the hospital, because before she didn't have much access to music. Not that she really listens to everything I listen to, but a lot of her stuff is stuff I've listened to and is kinda obscure. Though she's found even more music since she got to the school, too.

I really can't picture Cassie listening to Stolen Babies, Mastodon, or most metal bands, but I don't see her being hugely against them.

The metal will be what my bully guy will listen to.

Kira I just picture listening to various weird music that is probably typically more upbeat then what Cassie listens to.

Caitlin is probably the only character of mine that doesn't listen to stuff I listen to...

All my characters apparently listen to music, even if not frequently. Like Caitlin doesn't really listen to music frequently. It is hard for me not to give my characters some sort of music taste.
My Last.FM and RYM

Orinon
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Orinon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 am

Slipspace is confusing because FUCK YOU that's why.
I did some threads a long ass time ago that some people care about Iunno ya'll crazy.

Answers to Orinon or Watery. Part time author, part time gas station attendant, full time cynical bastard.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Corrian wrote:Ugh, Internet AND phone went out for almost 2 days. It being right before Labor Day weekend making it even slower. And our Internet and phone provider was freaking useless, giving us really dumb information. Like telling us it won't be fixed until tomorrow and then 5 minutes later my mom calls and tells us it's fixed. It was such utter crap that we are definitely filing a complaint.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201309 ... /709089957 Found an article about generally what happened to our Internet and phone over that weekend.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Corrian, I need to add your county to TV Trope's trope for Inherently Funny Words.

Snohomish, just figuring out how to pronounce that sounds like a good opportunity for laughs as it goes off the rails.

Also, I found this on TV Tropes for Fun with Acronyms and I thought this should make light of that issue.

"The public utility district in Snohomish County, WA (US) also created the Fast Action Response Team to deal with large power outages. The name was quickly changed."
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Corrian, I need to add your county to TV Trope's trope for Inherently Funny Words.

Snohomish, just figuring out how to pronounce that sounds like a good opportunity for laughs as it goes off the rails.

Also, I found this on TV Tropes for Fun with Acronyms and I thought this should make light of that issue.

"The public utility district in Snohomish County, WA (US) also created the Fast Action Response Team to deal with large power outages. The name was quickly changed."

I think some are Native American names. Trust me, there are a lot of funny ones, but I think they're pretty cool. You got some that are weird in other ways here...

Skykomish, Stillaguamish River, Snoqualmie, Wenatchee, Washougal, Tuppenish, Sammamish, Puyallup, Okanogan, Mukilteo, Montesano, Kittitas, Issaquah, Hoquiam, Enumclaw, Ephrata, Cosmopolis, Chewelah, Chehalis, Anacortes, Carbonado, Cathlamet, Nespelem, Steilacoom, Washtucna, Winthrop, Yacolt, Samish River, Chilliwack River, Skagit River, Duwamish River, Elwha River, Quillayute River, Humptulips RIver, Skookumchuck River, Wynoochee River, Snahapish River, Solleks River, Newaukum River, Niawiakum River, Ohanapecosh River, Klickitat River, Stehekin River, Similkameen River....Yeah, I think you get the point

Also, lots of small towns...I got like 4 towns near me that don't go over 1,000 people.
Last edited by Corrian on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Does anyone else ever have where they have this idea for something their character would say related to this discussion, but have no idea why that topic would ever come up in an RP for you to actually have them say that idea you have in your head for them to say related to the topic?

I'm having this with Kira. It is what she would say if a topic about pests came up, but I have absolutely no idea why that would come up in a topic.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Corrian wrote:Does anyone else ever have where they have this idea for something their character would say related to this discussion, but have no idea why that topic would ever come up in an RP for you to actually have them say that idea you have in your head for them to say related to the topic?

I'm having this with Kira. It is what she would say if a topic about pests came up, but I have absolutely no idea why that would come up in a topic.

She is right next to a conversation where one of my characters is talking. I am pretty sure I can derail a few trains of thought to let you have your wish.

The problem is that it may take a while. What's the shortest possible wikiwalk on Wikipedia to get from "Spaceplane" to "Pest (organism)"? If Bramwell were there, I could have Sakura refer to crows as "pests", something which Bramwell would contest.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:03 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Corrian wrote:Does anyone else ever have where they have this idea for something their character would say related to this discussion, but have no idea why that topic would ever come up in an RP for you to actually have them say that idea you have in your head for them to say related to the topic?

She is right next to a conversation where one of my characters is talking. I am pretty sure I can derail a few trains of thought to let you have your wish.

The problem is that it may take a while. What's the shortest possible wikiwalk on Wikipedia to get from "Spaceplane" to "Pest (organism)"? If Bramwell were there, I could have Sakura refer to crows as "pests", something which Bramwell would contest.

Do whatever you want. It isn't really that important. Just silly ideas my mind comes up with. Which apparently don't leave my head but whatever.
My Last.FM and RYM

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:08 pm

The more I think about it, I do have the same problems with plots. I am honestly not sure how exactly I am supposed to go from the current time in the thread to how I want to end Sakura's current character development.

After all, how is Sakura attacking a Unit 684 base located in the Western Sahara in which she was held hostage thanks to a teleporting recruiter; how can I avoid it turning into a thread-jack; how is the thing even going to be RPed?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:16 pm

I sometimes plot out conversations, then they never go how I want them, due to the other RPer responding differently then I had imagined :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Terintania wrote:I sometimes plot out conversations, then they never go how I want them, due to the other RPer responding differently then I had imagined :P

I do this in real life, too.

Altruistic Paladins wrote:The more I think about it, I do have the same problems with plots. I am honestly not sure how exactly I am supposed to go from the current time in the thread to how I want to end Sakura's current character development.

After all, how is Sakura attacking a Unit 684 base located in the Western Sahara in which she was held hostage thanks to a teleporting recruiter; how can I avoid it turning into a thread-jack; how is the thing even going to be RPed?

I have no idea :P
My Last.FM and RYM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse