NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What Didn't You Learn Today?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

TET: What Didn't You Learn Today?

Postby NERVUN » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

A quick re-posting of the Rules of Engagement so we're all on track:

There have been multiple requests for a chat thread in various forums. The fact that we have traditionally come down rather hard on them has been in place for ages, and for a number of different reasons. After discussing various points, and the fact that it seems to be something the players would really like to have, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes. Please bear in mind the following:

• There are no new rules for these threads. If you have a question on the rules, I have links in my sig to handy threads to refresh your memory. Things like ‘do not spam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind.

• Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it.

• These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places.

• Each chat thread will be locked, and linked to after reaching around 500 pages. Please do not try to race and fill up those 500 pages. These are not designed for competition in mind, just discussion between players on whatever it is that’s on their minds at the time (so long as it is within the site rules.) Please, don’t do it.

• No, this does not mean everyone can run out and create their own chat threads. Please do not go out and make your own. We still have to moderate things, and that's one of the reasons that chat threads are difficult - they move fast. Too many, and we'll drown. I hate drowning.

• Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let me know – I’ll edit it in to better suit the locals.

So there you go – a thread you can go to and not get yelled at for chatting, or going off topic. Hope you can enjoy, folks!

Previous Incarnations:

Part 01 -- Part 02 -- Part 03 -- Part 04 -- Part 05 -- Part 06 -- Part 07 -- Part 08 -- Part 09 -- Part 10
Part 11 -- Part 12 -- Part 13 -- Part 14 -- Part 15 -- Part 16 -- Part 17 -- Part 18 -- Part 19 -- Part 20
Part 21 -- Part 22 -- Part 23 -- Part 24 -- Part 25 -- Part 26 -- Part 27 -- Part 28 -- Part 29 -- Part 30
Part 31 -- Part 32 -- Part 33 -- Part 34 -- Part 35 -- Part 36 -- Part 37 -- Part 38 -- Part 39 -- Part 40
Part 41 -- Part 42 -- Part 43 -- Part 44 -- Part 45 -- Part 46 -- Part 47 -- Part 48 -- Part 49 -- Part 50
Part 51 -- Part 52 -- Part 53 -- Part 54 -- Part 55 -- Part 56 -- Part 57 -- Part 58 -- Part 59 -- Part 60
Part 61 -- Part 62 -- Part 63 -- Part 64 -- Part 65 -- Part 66 -- Part 67 -- Part 68 -- Part 69 -- Part 70
Part 71 -- Part 72
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Catness
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Catness » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Walnuts, mostly.
\(=`ェ´=) 'Woof!" says Cattail. "Woof woof woof! Does this confuse you? Do you expect me to say 'Meow' like a cat because the word 'cat' is in my name and I also look like a cat? That's not how things work around here. I refuse to be pigeonholed. Nah, I like to meow, so ''Meow!'' :3"- Cattail, from Plants vs. Zombies, with a slight addition by the nation owner
-Also, of course, cats...-
Brought to you by Nanatsu Enterprises, Inc.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I had to attend school. *nods sagely*
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

The Truth and Light
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Truth and Light » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Ugh, here comes the opening period.

Cill Airne
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cill Airne » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

Stern des Meeres wrote:
Cill Airne wrote:Haha. Supposedly, according to my dad, his great-grandfather fought in the civil war. He's got all the stuff that proves it somewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Mine too. We have the proof of pay and everything. :3
Genealogy is immensely interesting to me.

Same here, I just haven't seen it. My dad has it locked up somewhere and I've never bothered asking him to see it.

It is to me too. I love researching my family's genealogy.
Anglican
Avid reader

To dare is to lose one’s footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself.

Floating mountain
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Floating mountain » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

How to fly.
18 year old trans women
She/Her pronouns only
Biology student at college

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

I didn't learn my lesson,that's for sure.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

A lot....

since it was the first day of school and all was review on how not to be a dumb ass.

With that, good night.
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Stern des Meeres
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Stern des Meeres » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

How to fly.
*sigh*
Last edited by Stern des Meeres on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Wukong wrote:All hail Stern. Empress of Nerds. Dread-Queen of TeT.
Other Thafoo wrote:hey stern, you should put this quote into your sig, it'll be fun

"bananas"
Esternial wrote:You're a good student, Sterny.

You'll accomplish great things.

Or end up faced down in the gutter, completely wasted.

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

-reminds self not to make FIRST posts anymore-
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

I never got an answer to my question! :(
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Catness wrote:Walnuts, mostly.

Who is a walnut?
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Something about math, can't remember.
Bruh.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Uieurnthlaal wrote:I never got an answer to my question! :(

What was it?
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Central and Eastern Visayas
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Central and Eastern Visayas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

What I didn't learn today I might learn tomorrow. :p
If believing in God means I am less than human in the eyes of some, fine; I will wear my yellow badge with pride.

TIMEZONE: GMT +8
1. In a gunless society, the strong prey on the weak with utter impunity.
2. Yes, I'm a Roman Catholic from the Philippines. And I know how much ass PH sucks at the moment.
3. Bastard with ADHD. Yep.
4. PDAF can go to hell!
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.49
Or: This.

Floating mountain
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Floating mountain » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Good night TET.
18 year old trans women
She/Her pronouns only
Biology student at college

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:35 pm

i didn't learn a thing in the last 15 minutes, NERVUN. :p
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Catness
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Catness » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
Catness wrote:Walnuts, mostly.

Who is a walnut?

You are. Obviously.
\(=`ェ´=) 'Woof!" says Cattail. "Woof woof woof! Does this confuse you? Do you expect me to say 'Meow' like a cat because the word 'cat' is in my name and I also look like a cat? That's not how things work around here. I refuse to be pigeonholed. Nah, I like to meow, so ''Meow!'' :3"- Cattail, from Plants vs. Zombies, with a slight addition by the nation owner
-Also, of course, cats...-
Brought to you by Nanatsu Enterprises, Inc.

Uieurnthlaal
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Uieurnthlaal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Ainin wrote:
Uieurnthlaal wrote:I never got an answer to my question! :(

What was it?

How long was the longest TET. The thread was locked moments after I asked the question.
Official Name : Hanruskë Vangareksau Vjörnatlalos

Language : Vjörnissa

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

New Maldorainia wrote:
Qazox wrote:
My great-great-great-great-great-great grandpa fought in the civil War, the English one.

On which side?

The Lancaster side.

I didn't learn how to kill Maldo. :o
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Floating mountain wrote:How to fly.

Stern des Meeres wrote:How to fly.
*sigh*

Flying is easy, the trick is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Seitonjin
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Seitonjin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

I want something to nom.

I want some Turkish Delight.
Seitonjin Jesangkut

New Maldorainia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Maldorainia » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Gaveo wrote:Something about math, can't remember.

Math is evil.
The Walrus God of NS (arch-nemesis to Big Jim), plus a really strange Jewish cowboy libertarian conservative (Fusionism) believe in Laissez-faire free trade capitalism. Most people call me Mal, Mald, or Maldo.
Nanatsu no Tsuki is my Big Sis Grumpy Cat. She calls me Maru.
Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. ----Rod Serling, from "The Obsolete Man".

Zionist, deal with it.
Economic Left/Right: 8.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28
Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/270530
I side with ... | Political Compass Chart
No surprise

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

The Truth and Light wrote:Ugh, here comes the opening period.

I didn't think you were a biological woman... :unsure:
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Bodobol wrote:-reminds self not to make FIRST posts anymore-

Something you should have learned, but didn't. *nods*
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives