NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 28 - DISCUSSION|OOC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Yakostan wrote:
Zavlia wrote:
Not to mention all the debuts this time around, its good for the contest as its popularity is rising. But means that my chances of winning decreases :(

hahaha! :lol:

Well you've definitely improved Zavlia!

Yes.

I am already thinking that we may need for WV29, to do something like Eurovision, with semi-finals, with the top 10 from those plus the top 10 from last edition go on to WV30, as well as WV Committee members (which we can ICly say are the biggest monetary contributors).
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Yakostan wrote:

Yes.

I am already thinking that we may need for WV29, to do something like Eurovision, with semi-finals, with the top 10 from those plus the top 10 from last edition go on to WV30, as well as WV Committee members (which we can ICly say are the biggest monetary contributors).

I support the idea of semifinals but at the same time we should develop a system so it is fair and efficient. I don't want to wait the whole autmn for a new edition.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Crolacia wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Yes.

I support the idea of semifinals but at the same time we should develop a system so it is fair and efficient. I don't want to wait the whole autmn for a new edition.

Yeah. I may probably have to borrow a scorinator for the semi-finals of WV, and adapt it so it can generate points. Then when the semi-final is done, the finals will be done entirely by human voting.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

De La Fleur
Envoy

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby De La Fleur » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Yakostan wrote:

Yes.

I kind of think that is a good idea... but it will take so much longer, and the ones that debuted and didn't get to the final get butthurt and complain and just leave and then the popularity of the contest will lower.... But i don't think that will happen :Þ
Pro: LGBPTTQQIIAA+(Or LGBTQ+ for short), Freedom Of Speech, Constitutionalism, Scandinavia, Japan, Anime, Kitties and Love
Anti: Anti-LGBT, Communism, Totalitarianism, NSA, North Korea, Nazism, Racism, Stereotyping and Hate.
WV26~"Dancing Mad Man" - Alina Der Fankershank Results-29th Place-35 Points
WV27~ "Loverboy" - Elizia Del Valleta Results-19th Place - 57 Points
I make Nightcore Music~| Join My Region, The Otaku Republics, POPULATION: 4 | Please Follow Me On Tumblr c:|EF ÞÚ SKILUR SENTU MÉR SKILABOÐ!!

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Crolacia wrote:I support the idea of semifinals but at the same time we should develop a system so it is fair and efficient. I don't want to wait the whole autmn for a new edition.

Yeah. I may probably have to borrow a scorinator for the semi-finals of WV, and adapt it so it can generate points. Then when the semi-final is done, the finals will be done entirely by human voting.

I prefer human voting, thank you very much. How about the main nations that have entered before vote on who gets through? I don't want to see perfectly good performances go unseen.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm

De La Fleur wrote:

I kind of think that is a good idea... but it will take so much longer, and the ones that debuted and didn't get to the final get butthurt and complain and just leave and then the popularity of the contest will lower.... But i don't think that will happen :Þ

Yeah. Also, we got the issue of having the top 25 songs being posted twice...

Todlichebujoku wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Yeah. I may probably have to borrow a scorinator for the semi-finals of WV, and adapt it so it can generate points. Then when the semi-final is done, the finals will be done entirely by human voting.

I prefer human voting, thank you very much. How about the main nations that have entered before vote on who gets through? I don't want to see perfectly good performances go unseen.

Yes, because as it turns out, scorinators tend to be randomized. But really, I support semifinals in principle but not in practice unless if we get technology that can enable the semifinals to go rather quick.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm

I am against having semifinals and Luzy's ideas..... For former,I just feel like it will take good but unpopular songs out way too early, while Luzy's one is ridiculous.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:27 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:I am against having semifinals and Luzy's ideas..... For former,I just feel like it will take good but unpopular songs out way too early, while Luzy's one is ridiculous.

Except the problem with semifinals would be that they take too long if we use similar methods as WorldVision. Hence why I feel after x amount of days, the hosts scorinate the entries (that are posted) and the top ten of these then go on to the finals, or the actual competition.

But then again, what do I know? I am only suited to making host bids that will lose from literally the moment of conception. :P

Worszary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Worszary » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:40 pm

WorldVision is never goibg to be scorinated. Nevah evah.
This is the new nation of Chenkorya

Crolacia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crolacia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:57 pm

I support semifinals but I'd leave WV if it was scorinated.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Crolacia wrote:I support semifinals but I'd leave WV if it was scorinated.

The scorination would only be for the semi-finals, while the finals would be same voting as it had been (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12).

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Crolacia wrote:I support semifinals but I'd leave WV if it was scorinated.

The scorination would only be for the semi-finals, while the finals would be same voting as it had been (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12).

I like this idea, but I don't know how well it'd be carried out. Seems like a bit much for a simple contest.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Polkopia wrote:
Luziyca wrote:The scorination would only be for the semi-finals, while the finals would be same voting as it had been (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12).

I like this idea, but I don't know how well it'd be carried out. Seems like a bit much for a simple contest.

Yeah. Add to the host of other issues, and I think it would be nearly impossible to carry out. Fun to try, but it'll be a hell of a long time.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Yakostan wrote:

Yes.

Well I am not sure how that would work, but the committee will discuss that possibility
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Well I am not sure how that would work, but the committee will discuss that possibility

Kay. :) But it should not take effect in WV28.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Kay. :) But it should not take effect in WV28.

It won't believe me, if it does it would begin with WV29

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Kay. :) But it should not take effect in WV28.

Good. :) But if we are going to implement it, we will also need to face logistical challenges as well.

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Good. :) But if we are going to implement it, we will also need to face logistical challenges as well.

That's the biggest hurdle, whether it will be overcome, is yet to be seen. But we've discussed semi final possibilities before and we're yet to figure out a way to make it work. Which is why it hasn't been implemented before.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Good. :) But if we are going to implement it, we will also need to face logistical challenges as well.

That's the biggest hurdle, whether it will be overcome, is yet to be seen. But we've discussed semi final possibilities before and we're yet to figure out a way to make it work. Which is why it hasn't been implemented before.

Yes. Right now, scorination is really the only logical idea in my mind, but I think scorination is lacking: especially since if we have semi-finals and finals, WV would be longer.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Outrageous! See? The sporters came in and now the idea of scorinating came into someone's mind. (JK, you sporters are always welcome)

BUT HELL NO. Scorination? What the hell are you thinking?

With random possibilities we could end up with 25 Lymantatia-like entries in the final and 25 decent entries forgotten in the history of a semifinal. What if DANAE wins after all?

I shudder to think about it.....

*euski goes to the panic room*

Now, on the other hand, a semifinal is not viable. We (well, I wasn't there but anyway) tried it in the 3rd World Hit Festival. Didn't work quite well.
Last edited by Euskirribakondara on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:Outrageous! See? The sporters came in and now the idea of scorinating came into someone's mind. (JK, you sporters are always welcome)

With random possibilities we could end up with 25 Lymantatia-like entries in the final and 25 decent entries forgotten in the history of a semifinal. What if DANAE wins after all?

Now, on the other hand, a semifinal is not viable. We (well, I wasn't there but anyway) tried it in the 3rd World Hit Festival. Didn't work quite well.

It'd work like this.

Top 10 in finals
Top 10 in semi-finals (only for those not in Top 10 in the finals)
WV committee
Host (if not in top 10 in either or not WV committee)

So, kinda like Eurovision in WV.

Yakostan
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yakostan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:Outrageous! See? The sporters came in and now the idea of scorinating came into someone's mind. (JK, you sporters are always welcome)

YAKOSTAN WINS! YAKOSTAN WINS! BY GAWD KING YAKOSTAN HAS WON WORLDVISION!
Former Chief Executive of the Genesis Corporation
Infamous WorldVision Sheep Entry

Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.33

WorldVision Results:
WV 22: 19th for Beards (Ba Ba Ba)
WV 23: 30th for Jimmian Tell Overture
Punch in the Face Award: Phoen
WV 24: 27th for Ours is Best
Middle Finger Award: Ultimate Evil
Shut the F Up Award: Lymantia
WV 25: N/A for Die in a Hole
Newcomer What the F*ck Award: Lymryk Isles
WV 28: 30th for Do the Pelvic Shake
Golden Dick Award: New Warwick
WV 32: DQ for Pilgrim

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Yakostan wrote:

Ok that's it! No Semi finals :P

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Kingsley Bedford wrote:
Yakostan wrote:

Kay. :) I'm fine with the current system, it's just a harebrained idea. :P

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Luziyca wrote:
Kingsley Bedford wrote:

Kay. :) I'm fine with the current system, it's just a harebrained idea. :P

But... But I wanted semi finals :geek:
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates