NATION

PASSWORD

Elfen High 2 (OOC 7, Closed, Humans Not Allowed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Might as well post here that I'm planning to do an app for Korea. I suspect Khan wants to send EH there at some point.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:47 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Might as well post here that I'm planning to do an app for Korea. I suspect Khan wants to send EH there at some point.

Not really- I was just looking it up on Wikitravel, since I'm probably going to go on a trip there to meet some of Aliana's other family members in December or next year.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Individuality-ness wrote:Might as well post here that I'm planning to do an app for Korea. I suspect Khan wants to send EH there at some point.

Not really- I was just looking it up on Wikitravel, since I'm probably going to go on a trip there to meet some of Aliana's other family members in December or next year.

Aliana has relatives in South Korea?
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Erinkita
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Erinkita » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Erinkita wrote:That's why pop culture references exist. ;)

Did you manage to watch that Hindi movie I suggested to you?

No, I'm sorry. I haven't had time.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/seemingly-mentally-ill-internet-commenter-presumab,33570/

This made me chuckle.

Me too, but the thing that most stands out to me is that one of the fictional person quoted in the article is named Michelle Fairley, which is also the name of the actor who plays Catelyn Stark. That's what I took away from this article. Slightly sad now.
Loan me a dragon, I wanna see space.
Justice for Jane Doe

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Not really- I was just looking it up on Wikitravel, since I'm probably going to go on a trip there to meet some of Aliana's other family members in December or next year.

Aliana has relatives in South Korea?

She's mostly Korean (with dashes of Japanese and white), so yes.

I've probably said what her exact ancestry is at some point, but I can't recall these things anymore. But she identifies as Korean-American and that's what we usually roll with, unless I'm making some joke.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:unless I'm making some joke.

"You are a woman of many races, har har!"

"... I'm pretty sure that your ancestors have been from all ov-"

"Quiet woman, I'm trying to study this tiny human. It just shits and eats all day long. I don't understand!"
Last edited by Nude East Ireland on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part One of the Incredible, Invincible Team Dai-Zarkeland!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Aside from the widespread racism against brown people, South Korea looks like a very nice place.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:Aliana has relatives in South Korea?

She's mostly Korean (with dashes of Japanese and white), so yes.

I've probably said what her exact ancestry is at some point, but I can't recall these things anymore. But she identifies as Korean-American and that's what we usually roll with, unless I'm making some joke.

Ah, that makes sense. So Arjun's Indian, Korean, Japanese, and white.

I'd add Jew as well, but that's passed down on the mom's side.

In either case, damn that's formidable.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:unless I'm making some joke.

"You are a woman of many nationalities, har har!"

"Quiet woman, I'm trying to study this tiny human. It just shits and eats all day long. I don't understand!"

My ethnic background has fucked everything in South Asia, with Britain ending up way back.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pondicherry

"It is affectionately known as Pondy."

It's... it's a city, not a dog.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:"You are a woman of many nationalities, har har!"

My ethnic background has fucked everything in South Asia, with Britain ending up way back.

I already bow to Arjun our overlord, spawn of the world.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pondicherry

I have never referred to it as this.

My knowledge of that part of the country is also...low, so don't take my word for it.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nude East Ireland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nude East Ireland » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:02 pm

Nude East Ireland wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pondicherry

I have never referred to it as this.

My knowledge of that part of the country is also...low, so don't take my word for it.

"The French lived here? What the fuck?"

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 pm

Name: South Africa
Leader: Edward Goodwill
Flag:

Composed of: Modern day SA, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, one small ISSR base
Language(s): Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Portuguese, Swazi, Tswana, Tsonga, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu.
Description: South Africa is a thriving economy that dominates the African political sphere. Taka-Jameson has invested heavily in this country, especially in the province of Lesotho. AIDS is a distant memory now and the country is a magnet for immigrants. South Africa is a liberal and tolerant society that is heavily active in the ISSR program. South Africa sends many students to Elfen High, but has a magic school of its own in the city of Durban, devoted to studying African magic.
Characters from here: N/A
Changes since magic was revealed: See the Description. South Africa heavily liberalised and came better after investment was made by overseas companies, and ever since they replaced the ANC with the DA, which created democratic reforms and helped end corruption in the country. South Africa made arrangements to, after a referendum in those countries, annex Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia due to cultural similarities and the fact the countries needed one another.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Name: South Africa
Flag:
Language(s): Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Sotho, Portuguese, Swazi, Tswana, Tsonga, Venda, Xhosa and Zulu.
Description: South Africa is a thriving economy that dominates the African political sphere. Taka-Jameson has invested heavily in this country, especially in the province of Lesotho. AIDS is a distant memory now and the country is a magnet for immigrants. South Africa is a liberal and tolerant society that is heavily active in the ISSR program. South Africa sends many students to Elfen High, but has a magic school of its own in the city of Durban, devoted to studying African magic.
Changes since magic was revealed: See the Description. South Africa heavily liberalised and came better after investment was made by overseas companies, and ever since they replaced the ANC with the DA, which created democratic reforms and helped end corruption in the country. South Africa made arrangements to, after a referendum in those countries, annex Lesotho, Swaziland and Namibia due to cultural similarities and the fact the countries needed one another.

Lesotho is a separate country.

This is your canon.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Flag:

This is your canon.

I thought I made it a province.

Ah well, we never explicitly made it a big deal, so it's a largely autonomous province now.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Here's what happens when you stop drinking but still occasionally go places where people drink. They will have no idea what to offer you.

"OK everyone, champagne's in the back! Oh, Khan! Umm...I got my girlfriend's old tampon and a glass of lemonade in the fridge. Will that work for you? I know you don't drink."

"Sure, whatever, tampon and lemonade, let's go."
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here's what happens when you stop drinking but still occasionally go places where people drink. They will have no idea what to offer you.

"OK everyone, champagne's in the back! Oh, Khan! Umm...I got my girlfriend's old tampon and a glass of lemonade in the fridge. Will that work for you? I know you don't drink."

Who keeps used tam...

India.

Goodbye.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Flag:

This is your canon.

That's what I told him when the subject came up.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Here's what happens when you stop drinking but still occasionally go places where people drink. They will have no idea what to offer you.

Who keeps used tam...

India.

I didn't even bother to ask him.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Lesotho is a separate country.

This is your canon.

That's what I told him when the subject came up.

I AM GOD OF MY RP, I CAN RETROACTIVELY CHANGE SHIT!

This is partially because I remember a census which had a majority of Lesotho citizens want to join as a province of South Africa and I went "Why not?"
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Rough draft of Somalia. It's also nearly midnight, so it's short.

Name: Somalia
Leader: Hawo Shire
Flag:

Composed of: Somalia, a UN base, an ISSR base
Language(s): Official languages are Somali and Arabic; English is the next commonly spoken language.
Description:

Somalia: it’s not so bad that the most patient medical charity, Médecins Sans Frontières (AKA Doctors without Borders), has to pull out of the country permanently due to increasing violence against charity staff workers!

In fact, it’s improved so much that the area is a very popular tourist destination in the West, especially for photographers and sailors visiting for supplies on their way to other areas of the world. Its people have improved their standard of living, and there is a single-payer universal health care system in place as to not repeat a time where science-based health care was an extremely rare commodity and people died from things like childbirth or AIDS.

That being said, Somalia is (again) 100% polio free, thanks to mandatory vaccinations initiated as soon as the government’s health care system was on its feet, and infrastructure that provided safe, clean drinking water to its entire population.

Pirates? A thing of the past. The nation now has a rather powerful navy, strong enough to keep wannabe pirates from harassing ships coming by their waters, which was a boon for people trying to sail around the world on their own.

Somalia’s untapped natural resources (various metal ores, natural gas and oil, uranium, and gypsum for example) are now being tapped, which further increased the standard of living for all Somali. This, as well as the tourism industry, places Somalia high up in the “fastest growing economies” list.

Both the UN and the ISSR have bases here in Somalia—the former to provide peacekeeping services, the latter because Somalia’s in a rather strategic spot in the Indian Ocean near the Red Sea.

Characters from here: n/a
Changes since magic was revealed:

When magic became public knowledge in Somalia (sometime around late 2012 to early 2013—hey, news gets there slow), the Islamic groups that were in control of much of rural Somalia began to use it to stage terror attacks on the civilians. These attacks were at first highly successful, as it was presumed to be the act of Allah and not by terrorist groups trying to keep the people down. However, the government, thanks to assistance the African Union, the UN, and NATO, eventually was able to defeat the Islamic groups using newly developed magitech by 2021, and drive them out of Somalia completely.

Soon after, Somalia began to finally heal, as the country was finally under the rule of one unified, strong central government.

Thanks to humanitarian aid sent into Somalia, the country built up infrastructure, built using the latest state-of-the-art technology in place. It has also set up a successful health service accessible to everyone in the country, and cracked down on pirate groups who had made base in Somalia in the past.

So basically, Somalia went through a huge period of growth economically and began to further Westernize culturally, the likes which are not unlike what Japan went through immediate post-World War II due to American assistance.

There were some hiccups (for example, in 2025, there was a huge political scandal involving Crowley, a high ranking government official, and some UN peacekeepers; details of this incident are impossible to access due to some sort of magic block or whatever that keeps people from typing in “Crowley” and “Somalia” in the same sentence), but by 2028 Somalia had become a tourist paradise.

Somalia is now quite peaceful, under a democratic government. The standard of living for all Somali has since improved over 200-fold, and constantly rising due to advances to magitech.

In other words: Somalia’s not a joke for “lol anarchy fail” on random Internet debate forums anymore!

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:27 am

I'm feeling somewhat melancholic today - in a "happy for deep people" way, so don't worry about me - so don't expect me to be terribly productive here. Sorry.

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I'm feeling somewhat melancholic today - in a "happy for deep people" way, so don't worry about me - so don't expect me to be terribly productive here. Sorry.

Alrighty.

Take a hug regardless. :hug:
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse